PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 7, 2021 vs Richmond Tigers

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 10:56 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Richmond. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Bonts half time miss. Could’ve deflated them a bit more. Could’ve energised us. Really poor captains miss.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 11:17 PM
Bonts half time miss. Could’ve deflated them a bit more. Could’ve energised us. Really poor captains miss.

It was, but Lynch missed a bunch.
For me the moment was the our entire team just getting amnesia and playing into their strengths' from the second half of the second quarter.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-04-2021, 11:21 PM
Easy. Bonts miss.

divvydan
30-04-2021, 11:25 PM
For me it was the no touch on Houli's kick in the last. We were back under a goal, had actually gotten some overlap run and hitting up targets but that killed us.

comrade
30-04-2021, 11:27 PM
For me it was the no touch on Houli's kick in the last. We were back under a goal, had actually gotten some overlap run and hitting up targets but that killed us.

Cordy just standing there watching. That guy kills me.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 11:28 PM

While Cordy was just admiring the kick go through at shin level...

macca
30-04-2021, 11:39 PM
When lynch kicked his third goal . I just got deflated
You cannot give a team that has won a few premierships that much room

MrMahatma
30-04-2021, 11:40 PM
Bonts miss.

Special mention to Bruce running under the ball in the last.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 11:40 PM
When lynch kicked his third goal . I just got deflated

We all did unfortunately, including the 22.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Absolutely this.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 11:41 PM
When I saw Cordy standing Lynch.

But “the” moment was certainly Bontempelli’s miss at half time.

G-Mo77
30-04-2021, 11:42 PM
Bonts gift just before the half might have given us a little bit of breathing room. They were all over us in the 2nd as well. That would have hurt them a little.

chef
30-04-2021, 11:45 PM
First couple of minutes in the 3rd, they came out to play and we didnt.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-05-2021, 12:00 AM
Absolutely this.
But Richmond missing multiple sitters in the first half wasn't?

jazzadogs
01-05-2021, 12:02 AM
Bont's miss hurt but we were still a few goals up.

The first 10 minutes of the third quarter was collectively the 'moment'. They brought their pressure, won all the clearances and I don't think we had a single touch in our half of the ground. They were excellent, but we were embarrassed.

hujsh
01-05-2021, 12:31 AM
I think the first one to Lynch where he pushed Keath in the back. Gave him the easy shot he needed to calm down and lifted the team

josie
01-05-2021, 12:35 AM
Sometimes it’s a game of inches. Lipinski’s unlucky poster in last qtr. we had a bit of a sniff & if that was a little more to the right who knows what could have happened from there.

bornadog
01-05-2021, 12:47 AM
Sometimes it’s a game of inches. Lipinski’s unlucky poster in last qtr. we had a bit of a sniff & if that was a little more to the right who knows what could have happened from there.

That is what I thought as well Josie

jazzadogs
01-05-2021, 12:52 AM

This is a great call. There were so many deflating moments after that, especially Houli's goal bouncing through while Cordy counted how many stars were in the night sky, that I forgot Lippa could have squared it up.

soupman
01-05-2021, 01:01 AM
Bont's miss hurt but we were still a few goals up.

The first 10 minutes of the third quarter was collectively the 'moment'. They brought their pressure, won all the clearances and I don't think we had a single touch in our half of the ground. They were excellent, but we were embarrassed.

This was where the game was lost. This was the moment.

DOG GOD
01-05-2021, 01:04 AM
But Richmond missing multiple sitters in the first half wasn't?
No, but if our captain kicked that and put us 4 goals up at half time, then who knows. They missed some, we missed some, but the Bont one was inexcusable.

boydogs
01-05-2021, 01:17 AM
Zaine Cordy getting outmakred for the 12th time when Lynch finally decided to kick straight

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-05-2021, 01:27 AM
No, but if our captain kicked that and put us 4 goals up at half time, then who knows. They missed some, we missed some, but the Bont one was inexcusable.

More inexcusable than Lynch? I get it would've been great if he nailed it, but given we lost our shape all over the field from half way through the second Qts, I don't think it was pivotal as it seemed.
Aarts and Lynch kissed multiple gimmees.
It hurt, but I don't think it's the biggest headache Bevo will have about tonight's game.

SonofScray
01-05-2021, 02:12 AM
Lipinski hits the post. Stiff, felt like we’d dodge the bullet if he could’ve finished that off.

Bumper Bulldogs
01-05-2021, 08:30 AM
Bonts miss. Players have to be able to finish these.

Then that lead into the premiership quarter, we have our 1st ruck sitting on the pine while they are dominating clearances. Ball locked in the Richmond forward 50 are we have Keith rucking.

merantau
01-05-2021, 04:01 PM
Bont's miss. Unforgivable especially as it was a soft free kick. The 3rd quarter was one long moment. It made "War and Peace" look like a short story. Still, don't forget we could have drawn level with 5 minutes to go. Richmond too well drilled for us - at the moment.

EasternWest
01-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Lipinski hits the post. Stiff, felt like we’d dodge the bullet if he could’ve finished that off.

Yeah ultimately it sucks to lose, but we'd actually clawed our way back into it at this point.

The more I think about the game the more positive I'm feeling about it. Well not the game so much but more what it could represent to us.

Doc26
01-05-2021, 07:29 PM
There were a couple of consecutive occasions where Noah Balta took what could only be described as uncontested marks on Schache highlighting the significant mis-match of abilities in reading the flight, and in contesting for a one on one mark.

comrade
01-05-2021, 07:32 PM
There were a couple of consecutive occasions where Noah Balta took what could only be described as uncontested marks on Schache highlighting the significant mis-match of abilities in reading the flight, and in contesting for a one on one mark.

Why did we persist with Schache on Balta all night?

DOG GOD
01-05-2021, 07:35 PM
More inexcusable than Lynch? I get it would've been great if he nailed it, but given we lost our shape all over the field from half way through the second Qts, I don't think it was pivotal as it seemed.
Aarts and Lynch kissed multiple gimmees.
It hurt, but I don't think it's the biggest headache Bevo will have about tonight's game.

I understand what you’re saying, but Bont is a captain. It needed to be a captains goal. If it was 50 out on the boundary, I’d cut him some slack, but the majority of us could’ve kicked it. And I’ve said it before, his reaction after missing showed no real disappointment.

1eyedog
01-05-2021, 07:37 PM
That massive arsey snap from 40 to get them in front. I knew there was no coming back.

Doc26
01-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Why did we persist with Schache on Balta all night?

It was such a mismatch in talent. Going into the game I had such high hopes that Schache might have improved in his attack at the ball, and reading of the flight. I think I came away more disappointed by Schach’s showing on the night than the loss itself as he’s certainly got gifts with ball in hand or on his foot. I hope that his card isn’t marked for good but it’s getting harder and harder to back him in.

Bulldog4life
02-05-2021, 05:21 PM

Yes couldn't agree more. It was a soda.

1eyedog
02-05-2021, 05:29 PM
I understand what you’re saying, but Bont is a captain. It needed to be a captains goal. If it was 50 out on the boundary, I’d cut him some slack, but the majority of us could’ve kicked it. And I’ve said it before, his reaction after missing showed no real disappointment.

Yeah was inexcusable really. It would have meant everything.

Grantysghost
02-05-2021, 05:42 PM
Yeah was inexcusable really. It would have meant everything.

It's just the reality that some shots are worth more than others due to their timing in the flow of the game.
That was the moment to not only cement our first half dominance, but put the foot on the throat of a teetering colossus.
Adelaide final 2015 was similar.

To balance that he kicked two winners against the Eagles.

But it's a toss of the coin when he's kicking for goal.

bornadog
02-05-2021, 06:33 PM
But it's a toss of the coin when he's kicking for goal.

8 Goals 5 this year to date, so has been a little better.

We still should have won if we played the same in the second half and withstood the Tigers pressure, whether Bont kicks it or not.

Happy Days
03-05-2021, 12:36 PM
I still don’t understand why Hunter didn’t handball it to Scott.

The bulldog tragician
03-05-2021, 02:16 PM
I don’t know about The Moment but once Richmond grabbed the lead it felt like we had a mountain to climb. Unlike the WC match where 3 goals down there was still a lot of energy and a feeling we’d come back, at even one goal down we seemed out of answers. I don’t know if the Lippa point might have galvanised us if not for that pesky goalpost but I couldn’t see us reigniting. We went into our shells, maybe we were overawed, but we lost our mojo so quickly.