Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
30-05-2021, 08:20 PM
Bump

Ghost Dog
30-05-2021, 08:22 PM
I'm just watching freo and port now. It's a putrid game and difficult to watch.. port doing their best to lose despite being better. Dogs by20

comrade
30-05-2021, 08:35 PM
This is a must, must win.

bulldogtragic
30-05-2021, 08:40 PM
Dogs by 9
FG Weightman
BOG Bont

bulldogtragic
30-05-2021, 08:43 PM
This is a must, must win.

Can’t underscore it enough. Win puts us in a good spot for after the bye. Lose to Freo and then lose Geelong and it’s a season long battle to finish top 2. We need these four points badly.

Threedogs
30-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Dogs have flown a squad of 27 to Sydney today. No Mitch Wallis or Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (per Mark Stevens)

EasternWest
30-05-2021, 08:57 PM
Dogs have flown a squad of 27 to Sydney today. No Mitch Wallis or Jamarra-Hagan (per Mark Stevens)

Thanks Threedogs - good to hear from you.

Ghost Dog
30-05-2021, 09:05 PM
I'm just watching freo and port now. It's a putrid game and difficult to watch.. port doing their best to lose despite being better. Dogs by20

DOG GOD
01-06-2021, 06:01 PM
Freo by 16 pts
1st goal - weightman
Bog - macrae

bornadog
01-06-2021, 06:06 PM
Dogs by 35
First Goal: Bazalenka
BOG: Bont

1eyedog
01-06-2021, 08:01 PM
Can't drop this one.

Dogs by 16 points
FG: Naughton
BoG: Bont

The Bulldogs Bite
03-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Geez I'm finding it difficult to have much interest in footy now - polar opposite to me of only 2 weeks ago.

Dogs by 11
FG Naughton
BOG Libba.

comrade
03-06-2021, 11:10 AM
Geez I'm finding it difficult to have much interest in footy now - polar opposite to me of only 2 weeks ago.

Dogs by 11
FG Naughton
BOG Libba.

In the same boat.

Lockdown blues, Dogs getting easily beaten again by a good side, no crowds for the foreseeable future, hubs on the horizon. There is a sense of foreboding about the 2021 season now.

Grantysghost
03-06-2021, 11:32 AM

Dogs by 11
FG Naughton
BOG Libba.

Me too. I've really lost the care factor. Hopefully it comes back when things settle.

Grantysghost
03-06-2021, 11:33 AM
In the same boat.

Lockdown blues, Dogs getting easily beaten again by a good side, no crowds for the foreseeable future, hubs on the horizon. There is a sense of foreboding about the 2021 season now.

Yes the crowd returns will be staged for sure. Low percentages to start.

Grantysghost
03-06-2021, 11:34 AM
Dogs by 1
FG : See previous.
BOG : Bont to rip it up.

Happy Days
03-06-2021, 12:24 PM
No crowds really does suck the air out of it. When you have some of the teams still having full crowds and seconds games, and the rest having neither or even access to their full group, it feels kind of hollow.

GVGjr
03-06-2021, 12:39 PM
I'm still excited by footy. Dogs by 22 points

GVGjr
03-06-2021, 12:40 PM
No crowds really does suck the air out of it. When you have some of the teams still having full crowds and seconds games, and the rest having neither or even access to their full group, it feels kind of hollow.

That's the biggest, it's so important to have fans attending games.

Axe Man
03-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Longmuir is confident spearhead Matt Taberner (ankle) and key defender Griffin Logue (calf) will be fit to return for Sunday's crunch clash with the Bulldogs in Perth.

"They'll do some training today. We'll give them until game day to prove themselves, but we're really confident they'll both come up," Longmuir said.

"To give us another tall in front of the ball and another key behind the ball is really important.

"We missed those two last week."

Link (https://www.afl.com.au/news/625280/freo-defender-s-season-in-doubt-veteran-winger-eyes-return)

bornadog
03-06-2021, 05:24 PM
Longmuir is confident spearhead Matt Taberner (ankle) and key defender Griffin Logue (calf) will be fit to return for Sunday's crunch clash with the Bulldogs in Perth.

"They'll do some training today. We'll give them until game day to prove themselves, but we're really confident they'll both come up," Longmuir said.

"To give us another tall in front of the ball and another key behind the ball is really important.

"We missed those two last week."

Link (https://www.afl.com.au/news/625280/freo-defender-s-season-in-doubt-veteran-winger-eyes-return)

Taberner is a good player? Who goes to Taberner?

Axe Man
03-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Taberner is a good player? Who goes to Taberner?

He is their number 1 key forward with 27 goals in 10 games. Has to be Keath. If Gardner was to come in he would be a decent matchup for Lobb.

bornadog
03-06-2021, 05:33 PM
He is their number 1 key forward with 27 goals in 10 games. Has to be Keath. If Gardner was to come in he would be a decent matchup for Lobb.

We can't have 193cm Cordy on Lobb 206cm

Axe Man
03-06-2021, 05:35 PM

Agreed. I thought Cordy was good last week but if he doesn't have a suitable matchup or if we really don't want to play 3 tall defenders he may have to miss.

bornadog
03-06-2021, 05:38 PM
Agreed. I thought Cordy was good last week but if he doesn't have a suitable matchup or if we really don't want to play 3 tall defenders he may have to miss.

They have Josh Treacy at 193cm, but he may be dropped if Taberner comes in

bulldogsthru&thru
03-06-2021, 06:31 PM
Young won’t be in. Noticed he stayed in Melbourne.

Bulldog Joe
03-06-2021, 06:41 PM
I just want a win.

We haven't beaten Freo in Perth since 2009. It is about time we changed that.

Axe Man
03-06-2021, 06:51 PM
I just want a win.

We haven't beaten Freo in Perth since 2009. It is about time we changed that.

Haven't won at Optus Stadium yet either.

If we break the hoodoo on Sunday maybe we should travel via Sydney to Perth going forward.

comrade
03-06-2021, 07:30 PM
At this point:

In: Hannan
Out: Garcia, McNeil

Int from: Stefan Martin, Rhylee West, Louis Butler, Pat Lipinski, Anthony Scott, Roarke Smith, Ryan Gardner, Jordon Sweet

Axe Man
03-06-2021, 07:41 PM
At this point:

In: Hannan
Out: Garcia, McNeil

Int from: Stefan Martin, Rhylee West, Louis Butler, Pat Lipinski, Anthony Scott, Roarke Smith, Ryan Gardner, Jordon Sweet

So everyone who is in Syndey is in the squad other than McNeil.

Grantysghost
03-06-2021, 08:21 PM
So everyone who is in Syndey is in the squad other than McNeil.

Wasn't Scott out last week?
Edit : Duh. (saying that to myself).

Bumper Bulldogs
03-06-2021, 09:17 PM

Ok I’m liking this week a lot. Interchange will be Martin, West, Gardner with Lipinski as the sub
Dogs by 17 points

Axe Man
03-06-2021, 10:22 PM
Ok I’m liking this week a lot. Interchange will be Martin, West, Gardner with Lipinski as the sub
Dogs by 17 points

Playing 1 short? It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off.

Rocco Jones
03-06-2021, 10:35 PM
How do we think West would go helping out with centre bounce rotations?

1eyedog
04-06-2021, 01:43 AM
Better than Butler will go on a wing I reckon.

Bumper Bulldogs
04-06-2021, 07:58 AM
Playing 1 short? It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off.

Add Smith to the bench. I thought he was Ok so far.

Bumper Bulldogs
04-06-2021, 08:00 AM
How do we think West would go helping out with centre bounce rotations?

It’s now or never for West. After the social he has a point to make. Also think he is a goo s so for Libba in the guts. This should be his bread and butter.

westbulldog
04-06-2021, 01:56 PM
Fremantle's Darcy Tucker interviewed on Perth radio said words to the effect of "if we do what Melbourne did to the dogs we should win comfortably". Tucker is selected on the hb flank, I hope his words come back to haunt him.

Axe Man
04-06-2021, 02:02 PM
"We can't just let their midfield run riot.. we will be putting time into all of them, but whether he (Marcus Bontempelli) gets the specific job or.. (Jack) Macrae or someone like that who gets a lot of the ball"

Dockers Snr coach Justin Longmuir

Hopefully we do a better job of helping out whoever is targeted then we did for Libba last week.

mjp
04-06-2021, 03:19 PM
They have Josh Treacy at 193cm, but he may be dropped if Taberner comes in

I think Treacy plays - he is only a kid and seems to be a big part of their plans. He'll play high, Taberner deep and Lobb/Darcy will roll between deep/ruck/bench. I haven't looked at their team but I think they are the only side to beat Melbourne for contested footy this year...they are assembling a pretty deep squad.

mjp
04-06-2021, 03:20 PM
Fremantle's Darcy Tucker interviewed on Perth radio said words to the effect of "if we do what Melbourne did to the dogs we should win comfortably". Tucker is selected on the hb flank, I hope his words come back to haunt him.

To be fair to Tucker, he's kind of preaching to the choir over here and the words out of the mouths of Dockers/Eagles players in the local media vs national media can be radically different.

comrade
04-06-2021, 03:45 PM
I think Treacy plays - he is only a kid and seems to be a big part of their plans. He'll play high, Taberner deep and Lobb/Darcy will roll between deep/ruck/bench. I haven't looked at their team but I think they are the only side to beat Melbourne for contested footy this year...they are assembling a pretty deep squad.

On the flip side, Cox/Logue/Ryan is an undersized defensive group so Naughton/Bruce/English could do some damage if we are able to get on top in the middle.

bornadog
04-06-2021, 03:48 PM

I just checked and Freo won CP, stoppages, clearances but still lost.

comrade
04-06-2021, 03:54 PM
I just checked and Freo won CP, stoppages, clearances but still lost.

That game was in round 1 and was one of the worst I have ever seen.

Both clubs were shambolic at times, but Freo in particular looked like an EDFL side the way the disposed of the ball. If you'd told me Melbourne were going to be 10-1 after watching that I'd say you were mad. Wouldn't take anything from that performance.

bornadog
04-06-2021, 04:02 PM

Both clubs were shambolic at times, but Freo in particular looked like an EDFL side the way the disposed of the ball. If you'd told me Melbourne were going to be 10-1 after watching that I'd say you were mad. Wouldn't take anything from that performance.

Fair enough.

Grantysghost
04-06-2021, 04:07 PM

I recall thinking the same. Freo were missing a few weren't they?

Walters and Lobb definitely.

Happy Days
04-06-2021, 04:17 PM
Freo’s ball use was unbelievably bad in that game, which is something of a common theme in their season. They’re really impressively coached and structured, but they just aren’t skilled enough to capitalise.

Ozza
04-06-2021, 05:12 PM

I don't think that's ever really a consideration - as we don't play a specific match up game.

Keath plays as the deepest pillar and Cordy as the second deepest unless Gardner is in the team. I think there's a chance Gardner comes straight in, and Cordy plays up higher.

Realistically, Gardner is the only really tall defender we have at 197cms (I think) - but I doubt Bevo will be thinking about heights for how he and Bubba set up the defence. If they think that playing Bailey Williams on Lobb gives us an advantage...then they'll do it.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2021, 11:32 PM
MASSIVE NOW

Melbourne trying to lock down first. Brisbane fall back. With Geelong & Port the others on 32 points playing each other next time. One will be 36 points (unless a draw).

We must win this week. We win we go to 40 points, safely top 2 by a game and 20%. Or top 3 by two games and 20%.

Lose and we are only top 2 on percentage.

But go into the bye second with a game and 20% and get good players back post bye and we are well situated to lock down top 4 and then top 2.

Huge result on Sunday. HUGE.

comrade
05-06-2021, 12:05 AM
MASSIVE NOW

Melbourne trying to lock down first. Brisbane fall back. With Geelong & Port the others on 32 points playing each other next time. One will be 36 points (unless a draw).

We must win this week. We win we go to 40 points, safely top 2 by a game and 20%. Or top 3 by two games and 20%.

But go into the bye second with a game and 20% and get good players back post bye and we are well situated to lock down top 4 and then top 2.

Yep, it is simply a must win for all those reasons and for our own belief and momentum.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-06-2021, 12:39 AM
MASSIVE NOW

Was just thinking this. Huge chance to solidify top 4 and even top 2. Freo are good at home but if we’re serious we need to win this game. Especially after last week. Let’s see what we’re made of.

DOG GOD
05-06-2021, 10:32 AM
Melb, Freo (perth), Geel and WC (perth) will decide our fate for top 2 as far as I’m concerned. Drop all 4 and no chance. Freo is a must win to have any chance.

1eyedog
05-06-2021, 10:39 AM
Melb, Freo (perth), Geel and WC (perth) will decide our fate for top 2 as far as I’m concerned. Drop all 4 and no chance. Freo is a must win to have any chance.

If we lose to Freo we still have just as much a chance as Geelong, Port and Brisbane.

GVGjr
05-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Why wouldn't we be super confident on a win playing Fremantle? They're an OK team but we are a level or two above them.

Go_Dogs
05-06-2021, 11:03 AM
Why wouldn't we be super confident on a win playing Fremantle? They're an OK team but we are a level or two above them.

Agree - we should be far too good.

Perth has few good results in our collective memories though, so understand the apprehension.

GVGjr
05-06-2021, 11:10 AM
Agree - we should be far too good.

Perth has few good results in our collective memories though, so understand the apprehension.

I think last year proved that teams can adapt to playing away from home. If we prepare well it shouldn't be much of an issue.

MrMahatma
05-06-2021, 11:28 AM
It’s been a pretty disruptive past 10 or so days for our guys compared to theirs. We have the talent to win and we should, but you can see how lock downs, a week away from home etc can all play into how we may show up.

This won’t be easy, and as always we need to take our chances early.

EasternWest
05-06-2021, 12:21 PM

I'm with you. Reckon we'll grind it out with them for a half or so then pull ahead over the last.

Hotdog60
05-06-2021, 12:45 PM
If they don't have their game faces on coming out against Freo we may be in trouble.

There is most likely nothing in it but I don't like seeing smiles and laughter running out on to the field. Call me old fashion but it signals the mind is not on the job at hand.

1eyedog
05-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Yep poker faces are the only way we're going to win this.

hujsh
05-06-2021, 12:56 PM
For what it's worth Freo are unbeaten at home so far this year. Best scap probably Sydney but GWS are top 8-ish

bornadog
05-06-2021, 01:27 PM
For what it's worth Freo are unbeaten at home so far this year. Best scap probably Sydney but GWS are top 8-ish

Lost to WC at Optus

bulldogtragic
05-06-2021, 01:46 PM
Yep poker faces are the only way we're going to win this.

Lady Gaga?

hujsh
05-06-2021, 02:43 PM
Lost to WC at Optus

They were the away team, making me technically correct. The best kind of correct

But the point stands when they're home with a home advantage they've not lost. We'd be the first interstate team to beat them

DOG GOD
05-06-2021, 03:20 PM

How many games have we won in Perth other than that elimination final since 2010? One?

DOG GOD
05-06-2021, 03:22 PM
If they don't have their game faces on coming out against Freo we may be in trouble.

There is most likely nothing in it but I don't like seeing smiles and laughter running out on to the field. Call me old fashion but it signals the mind is not on the job at hand.

Thank you…agree 1000%

The Bulldogs Bite
05-06-2021, 07:17 PM
Confident we'll be switched on this week - last week was always going to be tougher to get up for with the lockdown spoiling what was our home game in a top of the table clash, but I think the players have now had ample time to refocus and it's clear how important it is that we respond.

Eastdog
05-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Margin: Dogs by 25 points
First goal: Aaron Naughton
Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli

BornInDroopSt'54
05-06-2021, 09:14 PM
Margin: Dogs by 41 points;
First goal: Jackson Macrae;
Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli.

Eastdog
05-06-2021, 09:30 PM
Need a big response tomorrow after last Friday. We were very flat last Friday night.

comrade
05-06-2021, 09:34 PM
I'll take any sort of win.

DOG GOD
05-06-2021, 09:47 PM
I'll take any sort of win.

Let’s see what a week away from home does to whether we hit the ground running, or be the lethargic non defensive plodders we have seen in certain quarters.

bornadog
06-06-2021, 12:04 AM
They were the away team, making me technically correct. The best kind of correct

But the point stands when they're home with a home advantage they've not lost. We'd be the first interstate team to beat them

We haven't lost interstate this year :)

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 12:09 AM

Wins so far against the Plastics and the Power on the road. Let’s keep that 100% away record going.

hujsh
06-06-2021, 12:42 AM

Ooohhh I like that point

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 09:15 AM
Taylor Duryea talking about today's game and Libba's tag last week here: Link to article (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/libba-question-key-as-bulldogs-aim-to-end-perth-drought-20210605-p57ycd.html)

“It was a bit of a surprise to ‘Lib’. He didn’t expect and we didn’t expect it,” Duryea said.

“We like to think we support our tagged players really well, either getting them free or making an advantage to us whether it is a two v one or something similar. I think we went away from that and he didn’t help himself in getting support.”

bornadog
06-06-2021, 11:35 AM
Nerves are starting to kick in.

We should win this easily, but, I am still worried.

comrade
06-06-2021, 11:50 AM

Yeah massive danger game. Not a fan of the 9 day break and with the disruption to our usual prep, there's a few things going against us. Hopefully it galvanises us as a win would boost our top 2/4 chances in a big way.

MrMahatma
06-06-2021, 11:58 AM

You’re old fashioned.

There is nothing to say that fun and focus are mutually exclusive.

I hope they go out and flog the Dockers, have a bloody good time doing it, and laugh all the way to the top 4.

ratsmac
06-06-2021, 01:12 PM
Dogs by 43
First goal- Juice
BOG- Macrae

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 01:24 PM

A lot of posters expect to win this by a big margin? Interested to know why.
With our record in Perth, our injuries to key players, the 9 day break, and spending a week on the road are all concerns to me.

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 01:30 PM
With our record in Perth, our injuries to key players, the 9 day break, and spending a week on the road are all concerns to me.

I expect the opposite. Freo are very hard to beat on their home deck.
Think we will get across the line late.

comrade
06-06-2021, 01:30 PM

Yeah, this isn’t shaping as a blow out.

All those things you mentioned plus there’s meant to be rain around in Perth today.

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Yeah, this isn’t shaping as a blow out.

All those things you mentioned plus there’s meant to be rain around in Perth today.

Rain will most likely take our 3 talls out of the equation. I expect it to be a very hard slog with Fyfe and Mundy getting plenty of the ball. If it’s wet, then we cant allow Walters to get off the leash, and our backman have to defend the goal square.

Freo are just one of those teams you’re not sure what you’re going to get. Someone like Crowden could kick 4. Our mids will have to be top notch and most importantly, Naughton needs to kick straight.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 01:52 PM
Might be the lockdown blues but I've got a typical 'Sunday arvo in Perth' feel about this game. Feel like they'll do us comfortably. Absolutely nothing to base that on. Hope I'm wrong. A win would do wonders for us stuck in VIC right now!

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Rain will most likely take our 3 talls out of the equation. I expect it to be a very hard slog with Fyfe and Mundy getting plenty of the ball. If it’s wet, then we cant allow Walters to get off the leash, and our backman have to defend the goal square.

Freo are just one of those teams you’re not sure what you’re going to get. Someone like Crowden could kick 4. Our mids will have to be top notch and most importantly, Naughton needs to kick straight.

hmmm yeah don't normally expect rain in Perth so good call out. I actually feel it could help us. Or at least limit their home momentum.

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Might be the lockdown blues but I've got a typical 'Sunday arvo in Perth' feel about this game. Feel like they'll do us comfortably. Absolutely nothing to base that on. Hope I'm wrong. A win would do wonders for us stuck in VIC right now!

Agree. We have a tendency to lose those ones we are clear favourites to win. I’m shocked with the odds to be honest considering our record in Perth.

Edit: looks like some $$ have been going on Freo…were $3.09, now $2.89
We were $1.30, now $1.43

GVGjr
06-06-2021, 02:29 PM
Yeah massive danger game. Not a fan of the 9 day break and with the disruption to our usual prep, there's a few things going against us. Hopefully it galvanises us as a win would boost our top 2/4 chances in a big way.

I don't quite get the angst many people seem to be feeling. We have been in great form and while there is a risk in every game played we should be feeling confident.

We are fielding a team with just 3 players who we regard as pups so we shouldn't be able to use the young and inexperienced get out clause either. Fremantle aren't a bad side but I'm not reading anything other than some nerves about playing in the west as the area's of concerns.
We need to back the boys who have served us so well this season.

The Adelaide Connection
06-06-2021, 03:05 PM
I don't quite get the angst many people seem to be feeling. We have been in great form and while there is a risk in every game played we should be feeling confident.

We are fielding a team with just 3 players who we regard as pups so we shouldn't be able to use the young and inexperienced get out clause either. Fremantle aren't a bad side but I'm not reading anything other than some nerves about playing in the west as the area's of concerns.

I think this is the Bulldog way. Predisposed to feel like even blue skies will bring rain.

The Adelaide Connection
06-06-2021, 03:06 PM

By a stroke of good fortune we had a main training session in the rain this week. That can't hurt.

comrade
06-06-2021, 03:11 PM

We never win in Perth and while this year's team has performed well so far, they haven't answered every challenge put before them so fans are justified in having doubts.

Jeanette54
06-06-2021, 03:54 PM
Am I the only one that hates the last game Sunday time slot ?

Anyway as usual no predictions, and happy just to take the four points.

I notice the articled on Mitch Wallis in today's Sun. Perhaps we need a Collingwood style petition to get him back in the side. :-)

bornadog
06-06-2021, 04:01 PM

For me it is just nerves.

We are a top two team, we have only lost two games. The stats show we have kicked the most goals, conceded the least goals, and ranked highest in most stats.

Let's turn it on Dogs, and show we are the real deal.

ratsmac
06-06-2021, 04:29 PM

I notice the articled on Mitch Wallis in today's Sun. Perhaps we need a Collingwood style petition to get him back in the side. :-)

I hate it as well. I feel we don't have a great win record in this slot either. In saying that I feel we will win well today. Still nervous AF as usual

westbulldog
06-06-2021, 06:09 PM
Some rain this afternoon in Perth, ground likely to be a bit slippery. Clear after the rain.

divvydan
06-06-2021, 06:45 PM
Taberner a late out for Freo, Blakely takes his place. Subs are Watson and West.

josie
06-06-2021, 06:55 PM
Taberner out surely helps our chances. Anyone know anything about Blakely?

divvydan
06-06-2021, 07:03 PM
Taberner out surely helps our chances. Anyone know anything about Blakely?

Connor Blakely been around for a long time now. Sort of an all around mid/utility, struggles to keep his place in the regular 22 though.

The Adelaide Connection
06-06-2021, 07:04 PM
He’s not a like for like, if that’s what you are wondering. He’s a 188cm midfielder.

Are we going in too tall in light of Taberner out and wet conditions?

Happy Days
06-06-2021, 07:05 PM
If they were making a change for the conditions then Taberner would not be the one to come out.

chef
06-06-2021, 07:07 PM
Dogs by 60
First goal Bont
BOG Libba

bornadog
06-06-2021, 07:10 PM
Dogs by 60
First goal Bont
BOG Libba

Go Chef!

1eyedog
06-06-2021, 07:18 PM
50/50 game

Dogs by 11 points
BOG Libba
FG JJ

Taberner out is a bonus they look a bit directionless going forward at times without him.

chef
06-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Go Chef!

I have confidence we'll come out steaming.

The bulldog tragician
06-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Nerves kicking in. A vital match for our credibility and self belief. C'MON DOGS.

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Taberner out helps.

BornInDroopSt'54
I have confidence we'll come out steaming.

I prefer fricasseeing please.

HOSE B ROMERO

Yes Jeanette i hate the time slot as well but if we are going to go deep in September we just have to adapt to any situation.

As The Who said "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere".

jeemak
06-06-2021, 07:31 PM

It's a bit like the Friday, leaves a taste in your mouth that kind of defines the weekend. Win and it's great, lose and it's not so great.

Also, there seems to be an off Broadway feel about late Sunday games that result in poor umpiring, poor skills and no real vibe.

HOSE B ROMERO
06-06-2021, 07:33 PM
Astro and Tiny to have big games back in their home state.

Dogs by 3.

Will be interesting to see the duel between English & Darcy. The two top rucks from their draft year but very different players.

Go Dogs!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-06-2021, 07:35 PM
Dogs by 27
First goal Cody
BOG: Bont

westbulldog
06-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Dogs by 25
First goal Naughton
BOG Macrae

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Bont is amazing!

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 07:44 PM
FFS again

jeemak
Good boy JJ.

Faaaark Naughts.....

Eastdog
Got to kick those. We are on top early on.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Yay lots of behinds again.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Dunno why Lachie wouldn’t just leave that

comrade
06-06-2021, 07:46 PM
The pressure from the opposition is just a tad different compared to last week.

EasternWest
Bailey Dale oh my.

DOG GOD
On top and need to be kicking goals while having all the play.

jeemak
Well done lads. Turn this into a few goals.

Keath lucky to get away with one then but the set up was excellent.

Eastdog

All good in the end :)

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 07:47 PM

Reading his lips he thought it was going to hit the post.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Predictable reply.

comrade
06-06-2021, 07:48 PM
Not much we could do about that, flushed it from 60.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 07:48 PM
I honestly wonder if English has ever played ruck before.

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 07:49 PM
Good start. Bont is the best player that's ever played ever.

bulldogsthru&thru
We’re looking on. Just need to capitalise.

jeemak
That's great play from Hunter.

Nice finish Scotty, good stuff.

comrade
Caleb playing through the midfield.

Eastdog
Good start. Only downside not converting all our chances. Nice finish from Scott.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Good start. Bont is the best player that's ever played ever.

He’s set the tone early. We go how he goes so good signs.

EasternWest
Daniel in the middle is interesting.

Grantysghost
Bruce off. Hmm can we ever not get an injury.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Greedy bastard.

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Bruce off. Hmm can we ever not get an injury.

Bruce all good to go.

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Hunter been everywhere this quarter.

comrade
06-06-2021, 07:56 PM
This goal kicking...

comrade
06-06-2021, 07:59 PM
Great mark from Bruce ruined by the kick, had Dale streaming forward.

DOG GOD
Better than us around the ball atm. That’s worrying.

The Bulldogs Bite
Libba is half asleep.

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 08:00 PM
Fair goal by Brayshaw there have to applaud that. Lachie not scoring wasn't great for us.

jeemak
06-06-2021, 08:01 PM
Ripping goal from Brayshaw. Cracker.

Libba is half asleep/ off his food a bit.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:01 PM
I’m sitting here wondering why at ever neutral contest we only have one midfielder around. Would have thought that’s a bad idea.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 08:02 PM
Nice Libba.

comrade
06-06-2021, 08:02 PM
Libba having a mare so far.

comrade
06-06-2021, 08:03 PM
Of course, this is the best Freo have looked in weeks.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:04 PM
Need to nail this Cody.

jeemak
Ohhhhh Jacko....that's sublime.

The Bulldogs Bite
Unbelievable kick by Macrae, good finish Weightman.

jeemak
Good boy Cody.

bulldogsthru&thru
Good stuff Cody!

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 08:05 PM
Fyfe hadn’t been seen…..yet

comrade
No one does the 20m 90 degree kick better than Macrae.

Eastdog
Unbelievable kick by Macrae, good finish Weightman.

Very good overall play that was leading up to that Weightman goal.

Dry Rot
Small forwards need to convert those opportunities, and he did.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:07 PM
Oh there’s Bailey Smith. Was wondering if he was playing.

DOG GOD
Who’s on Mundy ?

comrade
Pathetic from Bazlenka.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 08:08 PM
I thought we told him to never use his left again. It’s *!*!*!*!ing rubbish.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:08 PM
Too easy. They just have too much space on us.

It’s ok to play the Melbourne defence game but you can’t apply no pressure and leave players alone inside 50.

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 08:13 PM
I don’t like the fact they are having so many clear players when they have the ball. Are our players working off their opponent waiting for a turnover ? We really should be further ahead but butchering some kicks into the 50. Thank god Keath is on Lobb, otheerwise he’d have 5-6 marks.

The bulldog tragician
06-06-2021, 08:13 PM
The second half of that quarter underwhelming. Libba is seriously out of form.

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 08:14 PM
We are seriously missing dunks and the run of Treloar.

comrade
06-06-2021, 08:16 PM
Libba getting pretty frustrated.

Bumper Bulldogs
06-06-2021, 08:16 PM
We should be two more goals up. Didn’t they learn anything last week yet in and fly the flag for Libba

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 08:17 PM
3 clearances to Mundy. Need to put a clamp on that.

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Martin looks unfit.

bornadog
06-06-2021, 08:18 PM
BUllshit fre kick against JJ

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:20 PM
We suddenly are looking very ordinary.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:20 PM
Is it raining?

Grantysghost
06-06-2021, 08:21 PM
That's a straight red.

jeemak
You'd think Freo were up by five goals with this commentary.

Eastdog
Well done JJ! Great chase down.

jeemak
That's it JJ, make amends.

angelopetraglia
06-06-2021, 08:22 PM
JJ. Great tackle. More of that. Has the pace to put the fear of God into running defenders.

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 08:22 PM
That's it JJ, make amends.

And he didn't get :(

KT31
06-06-2021, 08:23 PM
Martin looks like done a shoulder.

DOG GOD
Outmarked again in our fwd 50.

Grantysghost
Martin looks done not great.

bulldogsthru&thru
You'd think Freo were up by five goals with this commentary.

A top side sure would be.

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 08:24 PM
Well done Naught!

The Bulldogs Bite
FFS any chance we can go one week without an injury!?

bulldogsthru&thru
Martin looks done not great.

Bugger. We really can’t take a trick on the injury front.

jeemak
06-06-2021, 08:25 PM
Hopefully that gives both Libba and Naughton some confidence.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:25 PM
Well that’s holding the ball.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:26 PM
That’s soft English. My god he annoys me in marking contests not inside 50.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:27 PM
Poor kick from Cody. Didn’t need to give it that much air.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-06-2021, 08:28 PM
So we are double their score, 23 to 46.

Stefcep
06-06-2021, 08:29 PM
Well that’s holding the ball.

No such thing in 2021

Eastdog
Need to take our chances.

Grantysghost
Keath looks like he's been told to generate some run from behind and play higher.
Certainly seems like he's been up the ground a heap more than usual.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Our kicking to hf has been atrocious. Constantly over the forward.

GVGjr
06-06-2021, 08:33 PM
Need to get the scoreboard ticking over.

DOG GOD
06-06-2021, 08:34 PM
How many times are we going to give the ball up with stupid kicking?

comrade
This is garbage to watch. Miles off Melbourne.

DOG GOD
Need to get the scoreboard ticking over.
All the play. Gotta make the most of it.

Stefcep
Bont.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 08:35 PM
Thank *!*!*!*! for Bont.

Eastdog
Macrae and Bont for that one. Great goal Bont!

1eyedog
Great goal Bont. Keath is playing a blinder. Gards freeing him up nicely.

Grantysghost
Martin back!

EasternWest
Bont.

Macrae 60 out. Healy"Macrae knows he's a chance to kick the goal".

Not sure Healy has ever seen Macrae play.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-06-2021, 08:36 PM
This is true lockdown. No access to the game but free from hysterical WA commentenators on radio.
Score updates will have to do.
Supporters comments tend to be anxious.
Free in virtual isolation I'll feed on score updates.

Grantysghost
Caleb back to the hbf.

The Bulldogs Bite
That's poo by Smith and then Daniel.

jeemak
That was complete SHIT Daniel. Worst effort of the year.

DOG GOD
Daniel WTF ?

angelopetraglia
06-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Any chance of a tackle Daniel. Terrible play.

1eyedog
Daniel half arsed there

bulldogtragic
Daniel... You’re better than that. For *!*!*!*! sake.

jeemak
Disgusting effort. That's making me sick.

comrade
That was woeful from Bazlenka at half forward and even worse from Daniel.

EasternWest
06-06-2021, 08:39 PM
Corey's been pretty good so far.

Eastdog
Daniel half arsed there

Agree. Should have done better.

DOG GOD
Some of these efforts are just downright embarrassing. Melb, Geel, rich and Bris have nothing to worry about.

1eyedog
Martin done.

EasternWest
Bailey Dale oh my.

comrade
06-06-2021, 08:40 PM
Missed tackle from Libba. Off his tucker massively.

Grantysghost
Martin done.

He looks very sore not sure why he's still out there.

DOG GOD
What does Hannan offer that Jamarra doesn’t ?

jeemak
Yeah that's it. Lean back on it, great *!*!*!*!ing call.

1eyedog
2020 Bulldogs

comrade
My god Hannan.

Mantis
This game should be over… rubbish finishing.

bulldogtragic
Bullshit kicking for goal.

BULLSHIT

Stefcep
06-06-2021, 08:41 PM
5-8 is just not good enough.

MrMahatma
How good is Keith! Loving his game.

This will break open our way soon. Need to nail our chances.

comrade
What does Hannan offer that Jamarra doesn’t ?

Nothing.

angelopetraglia
Hanan miss just kills you

bulldogtragic
Getting to embarassing.

DOG GOD
Gardner’s weak fist couldn’t even hit it thru for a point lol

The Pie Man
06-06-2021, 08:42 PM
My god Hannan.

Not the required standard from there, just not good enough.

Gardner not killing that through for a point also very poor

angelopetraglia
7-15 shots … game should be over

Mantis
Gardner’s weak fist couldn’t even hit it thru for a point lol

Piss poor effort.

Bumper Bulldogs
Hanan miss then they Goal. It’s a coach killer

DOG GOD
We are only in front coz of macrae and Keath.

Grantysghost
Crikey some school boy errors atm. Gardner had to kill that.

comrade
Gardner had to kill that. Makes it hard to defend him with crap like that.

Eastdog
06-06-2021, 08:43 PM
Bont is a legend! 2 great goals!

Stefcep
Lucky Daniel

bulldogtragic
Bont vs Freo

angelopetraglia
Bont. We are witnessing greatness here. Again.

Grantysghost
Bont is going to another level. Anyone work out why Caleb is in the guts?

1eyedog
06-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Well at least we have the Bont

whythelongface
Gee it is not that bad. We aren’t playing great but conditions aren’t the best either.

Grantysghost
I think we will see West soon. I hate English in the ruck he is so non competitive.

EasternWest
Keath is clowning Lobbe.