PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Jason Johannisen on 150 Games

bornadog
07-05-2021, 02:21 PM
Has been a great player for the RWB and maybe a little out of form at the moment, but huge congratulations to JJ on getting to 150.

An important player with lots of ability - we need more of this for the rest of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOkxpBwW9Rc&ab_channel=WesternBulldogs

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-05-2021, 02:30 PM
My favourite game of his was when his first week back from injury he kicked the winning goal against Sydney

bulldogsthru&thru
07-05-2021, 02:32 PM
Must say I'm surprised he's only on 150.

Congratulations to him. He has given us electrifying pace and great skills at a time when we desperately needed it. Has come up huge in some big moments for us; Notably the siren goal against Sydney, the run and carry to set up that amazing goal to Bont in the 2016 prelim and of course the well deserved Norm Smith (I'd have given it to Boyd but that's not to say JJ wasn't deserving of it.).

Unfortunately the last few years have seen him devoid of confidence. I hope he can get back to the pre 2017 levels. For a player right in his prime, it'd be a welcome addition.

merantau
07-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Definitely a worthy achievement and a lot more achievements to come in the RWB if we keep tracking as we are.

Mofra
07-05-2021, 03:06 PM
From the rookie list to the Norm Smith medal, that's one hell of a journey

GVGjr
07-05-2021, 03:07 PM
Has been a great player for the RWB and maybe a little out of form at the moment, but huge congratulations to JJ on getting to 150.

An important player with lots of ability - we need more of this for the rest of the year:

I remember talking to Simon Dalrymple years ago and while he was reluctant to be definitive on which draft gems he was most happy with identifying he did however speak glowingly about JJ.

JJ can reinvent himself as a footballer.

Eastdog
07-05-2021, 03:08 PM
Congrats JJ on your 150th game. Great achievement. May be a little out of form right now but when on form he is explosive of that half back line going forward.

Eastdog
07-05-2021, 03:11 PM
My favourite game of his was when his first week back from injury he kicked the winning goal against Sydney

That goal he kicked was great. What a win that was.

Grantysghost
07-05-2021, 03:16 PM
From the rookie list to the Norm Smith medal, that's one hell of a journey

Born in South Africa too! He was awarded life membership earlier this year also, one of the true Dog's legends.

Hope he can get back to his best on Sunday.

WBFC4FFC
07-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Sounds like he is playing Sunday.

Hopefully he takes advantage of the opportunity and his (and the sides) performance improves to mark the occasion!

DOG GOD
07-05-2021, 05:51 PM
Congratulations JJ.

westbulldog
07-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Congratulations on your 150th Jason. You have been a fine player in the RW&B. A Norm Smith medallist and a premiership medal, great career thus far and long may it continue.

Bulldog Revolution
07-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Congrats JJ - you've been a brilliant bulldog, and a fan favourite

You will be back to your absolute best soon enough

jeemak
07-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Must say I'm surprised he's only on 150.

Congratulations to him. He has given us electrifying pace and great skills at a time when we desperately needed it. Has come up huge in some big moments for us; Notably the siren goal against Sydney, the run and carry to set up that amazing goal to Bont in the 2016 prelim and of course the well deserved Norm Smith (I'd have given it to Boyd but that's not to say JJ wasn't deserving of it.).

Unfortunately the last few years have seen him devoid of confidence. I hope he can get back to the pre 2017 levels. For a player right in his prime, it'd be a welcome addition.

He finished fourth in the Sutton Medal in 2019, seventh in 2018 and second in 2017 which is pretty good going. So it's really only been this year and last when he's been largely played out of his preferred position that he's struggled.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-05-2021, 07:53 PM
He finished fourth in the Sutton Medal in 2019, seventh in 2018 and second in 2017 which is pretty good going. So it's really only been this year and last when he's been largely played out of his preferred position that he's struggled.

Thanks Jeemak, I obviously had completely forgotten he played well in 2017. I missed 2019 but for some reason remember him having a poor season prior to last year. Maybe it was 2018. What was the year the Dees and swans got in his head?

Edit: Looks like it was towards the end of 2017. Interesting, as I relate those incidents to the start of his downwards trend. Perhaps he polled most of his Sutton votes prior to these incidents.

josie
07-05-2021, 08:16 PM
Congrats JJ. A loyal Premiership Bullgod. If he regains confidence & can start breaking lines again what a plus for us that would be. Hope he can increase his involvement & that he also tries to ping a few goals from 50 metre arc or thereabouts - nothing like kicking a few exciting long distance goals to boost team & own self-belief.

1eyedog
08-05-2021, 09:07 AM
A contribution on Sunday would be fitting way to mark the occasion.

comrade
08-05-2021, 09:15 AM
What a highlight reel. Fingers crossed he's got more to add to it, starting this Sunday.

Happy Days
08-05-2021, 10:46 AM
Thanks Jeemak, I obviously had completely forgotten he played well in 2017. I missed 2019 but for some reason remember him having a poor season prior to last year. Maybe it was 2018. What was the year the Dees and swans got in his head?

Edit: Looks like it was towards the end of 2017. Interesting, as I relate those incidents to the start of his downwards trend. Perhaps he polled most of his Sutton votes prior to these incidents.

That was a beat up anyway. He played like two bad games, got swung forward (and torched) Essendon, then went back to being good.

He was even okay last year until that Port game, and had a couple of decent games after. This year though, is a concern.

ratsmac
08-05-2021, 11:23 AM
Congratulations on a fine career to date. He was a big part of why we won the flag in 2016. Loved watching him rise from the rookie ranks to be a premiership hero. 150 AFL games is a fair achievement and let's hope he get many more.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2021, 04:56 PM
$600,000 as a very, very underwhelming forward this year

$600,000 owed next year.

Need to trade his contract out ASAP. ASAP.

Vred
14-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Gone. Pay for him to go to Freo, as useless as a wet fart. I’d consider paying his entire contract and giving him to another club at this point.

Testekill
14-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Yeah I'd *!*!*!*! him off at this point

josie
14-08-2021, 05:18 PM
He is cooked. Doubt whether we are offered much in return. Forever a bullgod but time waits for no-one.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2021, 05:23 PM
He is cooked. Doubt whether we are offered much in return. Forever a bullgod but time waits for no-one.

We might even have to pay some of it. But we need to do it.

jeemak
14-08-2021, 05:44 PM
When he's being selfish and butchering chances what's the point of having him? He's a half back and I think he needs to find a place that will play him there.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2021, 05:50 PM
When he's being selfish and butchering chances what's the point of having him? He's a half back and I think he needs to find a place that will play him there.

He saw Cody wide open, and still did it. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was seeing a lack of discipline and selfishness creep into our game. That was the worst example of selfishness.

Besides that we need to drop him for ever. Games into McNeil, Garcia, Cody & VDM must be the priority now. If we get bundled out of finals I’d rather the experience go to McNeil over JJ and Jamarra over Hannan. It’s not the output is any worse than the incumbents.

1eyedog
14-08-2021, 09:43 PM
I can't even look at him without feeling ill.

DOG GOD
14-08-2021, 09:47 PM
There are certain players who string 1-2 bad games and are dropped immediately. Some are never dropped. Certain criteria for certain players. JJ and Cordy in particular. Neither will be dropped now.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2021, 09:49 PM
$600,000 to get 0.6 goals a game from him. I’m guessing the ROI isn’t very good.

macca
14-08-2021, 10:12 PM
The miss instead of going to Cody was bad. Burgoyne spoil in the goal square really made me crack it . Offers nothing in terms of marking . We are playing him to boost his trade value . Someone on his coin has to be executing the right outcomes in those moments

SonofScray
15-08-2021, 01:47 AM
Don’t trust him anymore. Was great value when a younger player with more freedom to run and carry while other meat and potato players and leaders held the fort, but now it’s his turn to be a bit of meat and potatoes in his new role and I don’t think he’s a good fit for it.

jeemak
15-08-2021, 01:50 AM
$600,000 to get 0.6 goals a game from him. I’m guessing the ROI isn’t very good.

To be fair he wasn't ever a half forward and is playing that role for some reason that isn't his own doing. We got good value out of him post the GF, it's just now that we've got more preferred players in defence he doesn't have a spot.

Not his fault.

bulldogtragic
15-08-2021, 09:17 AM
To be fair he wasn't ever a half forward and is playing that role for some reason that isn't his own doing. We got good value out of him post the GF, it's just now that we've got more preferred players in defence he doesn't have a spot.

Not his fault.

Not saying that it is his fault he’s playing there and he’s looked a gun at times post 2016, although now he seems to pick and choose when he wants to go, doesn’t have high tackle or goal numbers and ignoring Cody is on him. Ignoring all of that, doing this experiment again next year for another $600,000 makes no sense. For the club or for him. It’s one of the truly mutually beneficial trades.

bornadog
15-08-2021, 11:40 AM
I thought JJ was having a pretty good game early on until he missed that vital goal, and two clangers in the last.

Took 7 marks and had 4 tackles, but disposal efficiency was ordinary