PDA

View Full Version : Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli in pub fight

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 07:03 PM
Not looking good for the two of them

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-star-shai-bolton-injured-in-nightclub-fight-20210510-p57qlx.html

The bulldog tragician
10-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Wow. Broken wrist for Bolton.

azabob
10-05-2021, 07:15 PM
My favourite part of this is how TD rushed to be first at the sake of being correct.

Rikki = Rioli

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 07:30 PM
My favourite part of this is how TD rushed to be first at the sake of being correct.

Rikki = Rioli

*!*!*!*!ing autocorrect!

jeemak
10-05-2021, 07:32 PM
*!*!*!*!ing autocorrect!

You've really come unstuck since casting aspersions over the literacy skills of others earlier today.

GVGjr
10-05-2021, 07:34 PM
The clubs statement puts no blame towards the boys

josie
10-05-2021, 07:36 PM
Giants, Lions then Crows are Tigers next 3 matches. If Bolton does not play and seeing as they’ve been up & down so far this season, they might realistically lose next 2 games.

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 07:38 PM
You've really come unstuck since casting aspersions over the literacy skills of others earlier today.

Serves me rite.

azabob
10-05-2021, 07:39 PM
All I want to know is what night club were they at?

Happy Days
10-05-2021, 07:40 PM
All I want to know is what night club were they at?

Can probably ask Jon Ralph

anfo27
10-05-2021, 07:54 PM
Bloody hell Shai, i just put you in my supercoach team!

If the story is what actually took place, then good on Shai for standing up & getting involved. Sometimes you just can't avoid these things.

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 07:56 PM
The clubs statement puts no blame towards the boys

Just boys being boys.

The other day my mum pointed out just how many times I turned up with a broken jaw when I was younger. I had to point out that a couple of them were just broken cheekbones and to be fair after you break your jaw the first time it gets easier to do.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2021, 08:10 PM
Serves me rite.

It’s write. What are you an idiot?

jeemak
10-05-2021, 08:13 PM
Immediately suspicious of the sticking up for the GF line that's been trotted out here. But maybe that's just me.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2021, 08:14 PM
Immediately suspicious of the sticking up for the GF line that's been trotted out here. But maybe that's just me.

You don’t stick up for your girlfriends? Maybe don’t mention that on the first date.

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 08:15 PM

I think sew.

jeemak
10-05-2021, 08:17 PM
You don’t stick up for your girlfriends? Maybe don’t mention that on the first date.

I think you know that's not what I meant.

EasternWest
10-05-2021, 08:18 PM

Wrestling with his dog had been taken.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2021, 08:19 PM
I think you know that's not what I meant.

I’m rusty Jman . Those emojis change the context right?

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 08:19 PM

Leave it out of the Twitter profile two.

bornadog
10-05-2021, 08:40 PM
Violence resolves nothing

The Underdog
10-05-2021, 09:21 PM

If that’s the case, why do they always use it in wars?

EasternWest
10-05-2021, 09:22 PM

Lol.

Bulldog Joe
10-05-2021, 09:54 PM

Can't any of you get things right.

bornadog
10-05-2021, 10:40 PM

No one is a winner in wars.

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 10:42 PM
Can't any of you get things right.

It's what happens when we are left to our own devices.

KT31
10-05-2021, 10:42 PM
No one is a winner in wars.

What about arms dealers?

jeemak
10-05-2021, 10:44 PM
What about arms dealers?

Concrete and glass suppliers do OK too.

This place is already off the rails and it's only Monday.......I guess this is the burden winners just have to carry.

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 10:47 PM
https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1391688790356283393?s=19

Robbie's take.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Concrete and glass suppliers do OK too.

Metal manufacturer shares go through the roof. Same for medical supplies. BMW & IBM did really well financially in ww2 too. Unemployment rates drop dramatically as a rule too.

jeemak
10-05-2021, 10:53 PM
Metal manufacturer shares go through the roof. Same for medical supplies. BMW & IBM did really well financially in ww2 too. Unemployment rates drop dramatically as a rule too.

It's almost as if there's vested interest in the continued propagation of war.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2021, 10:57 PM
It's almost as if there's vested interest in the continued propagation of war.

Almost? It’s a 100% guaranteed money maker, you just have to ignore the mass human carnage.

bornadog
10-05-2021, 11:00 PM
What about arms dealers?

What about the millions dead

jeemak
10-05-2021, 11:09 PM
Almost? It’s a 100% guaranteed money maker, you just have to ignore the mass human carnage.

Yeah I know. It's like we need to get used to each other again!!!

Twodogs
11-05-2021, 12:39 AM
Gosh. It's like there's a military industrial complex or something.

Topdog
11-05-2021, 09:12 AM

Me too but given that Richmond had all of Sunday and Monday to double check the story and possibly video footage I'm believing it. Won't at all be surprised though if the reality turns out to be drastically different.

jeemak
11-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Me too but given that Richmond had all of Sunday and Monday to double check the story and possibly video footage I'm believing it. Won't at all be surprised though if the reality turns out to be drastically different.

Or had all of Sunday and Monday to get everyone on the same page...........not that that's ever happened in the past with any of their players.

mjp
11-05-2021, 10:52 AM

A*&%holes are everyones problem.

And if you truly think violence solves nothing then you have never been punched really hard in the face. It certainly "gentles you down" some.

1eyedog
11-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Agreed. I have boxed for a long time and now teach early teens at my sons Krav Maga dojo. I have always worked under three philosophies in life when it comes to physical confrontation. 1. Talk your way out of it (and we teach our kids how to do this just as much as we teach them to defend themselves), 2. remove yourself safely i.e. even if you have to run fast (being a big man helps no-one when you get stabbed). 3. Put into practice the defensive techniques you are learning.

Assholes are everywhere and more often than not number 3 is the only option.

Topdog
11-05-2021, 01:11 PM
Or had all of Sunday and Monday to get everyone on the same page...........not that that's ever happened in the past with any of their players.

hahaha indeed I was thinking it but yeah very very possible too.

Twodogs
11-05-2021, 01:21 PM
Agreed. I have boxed for a long time and now teach early teens at my sons Krav Maga dojo. I have always worked under three philosophies in life when it comes to physical confrontation. 1. Talk your way out of it (and we teach our kids how to do this just as much as we teach them to defend themselves), 2. remove yourself safely i.e. even if you have to run fast (being a big man helps no-one when you get stabbed). 3. Put into practice the defensive techniques you are learning.

Assholes are everywhere and more often than not number 3 is the only option.

Yeah I was taught to box when I was a kid and the first thing I as taught was that defence is more important than anything else. I can still hear my trainer saying "keep your left up. Any half decent fighter would walk through that defence and sit you on your arse"

Ghost Dog
11-05-2021, 03:35 PM
I learned Judo. Very useful. Once I threw a few kids at school they left me alone. Grappling arts are quite useful for resolving things without blows.

Anyway , Richmond on the front pages for all the wrong reasons. Dickhead policy?

Twodogs
11-05-2021, 09:58 PM
I learned Judo. Very useful. Once I threw a few kids at school they left me alone. Grappling arts are quite useful for resolving things without blows.

Anyway , Richmond on the front pages for all the wrong reasons. Dickhead policy?

Years ago at uni I was playing in a social game. One particular dickhead rabbit punched his direct opponent a couple of times in a pack after being outmarked twice. He didn't know that this guy did aikido twice weekly. The third time dickhead went to hit him he grabbed his arm, twisted it up his back and said "one more half turn and I'll break your arm in two places, now leave me alone". He didn't go near him again.

jeemak
11-05-2021, 10:19 PM
Years ago at uni I was playing in a social game. One particular dickhead rabbit punched his direct opponent a couple of times in a pack after being outmarked twice. He didn't know that this guy did aikido twice weekly. The third time dickhead went to hit him he grabbed his arm, twisted it up his back and said "one more half turn and I'll break your arm in two places, now leave me alone". He didn't go near him again.

Corn Kanes has a similar story with Lindsay Gilbee.

Twodogs
11-05-2021, 10:57 PM
Corn Kanes has a similar story with Lindsay Gilbee.

Really? Kane (not Corn Kanes, that's hilarious BTW) on Lindsay or the other way around? I'm assuming it was Lindsay who did aikido and warned Kane.

jeemak
11-05-2021, 11:20 PM
Really? Kane (not Corn Kanes, that's hilarious BTW) on Lindsay or the other way around? I'm assuming it was Lindsay who did aikido and warned Kane.

Lindsay on Kane.

azabob
12-05-2021, 09:06 AM
Lindsay on Kane.

This is now sounding 18+

Twodogs
12-05-2021, 11:49 AM
This is now sounding 18+

It adds to the legend of Lindsay Gilbee which begins with him accidentally moving into someone else's residential unit and not realising for more than a week.

Grantysghost
12-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Dunks spoke about the incident and also one in Noosa where he and a few of the lads were harassed last season.

"I was in Noosa with [Mitch Wallis] and [Marcus Bontempelli] and a couple of other boys, and we were just sitting there on a table over the bye weekend having dinner and a couple of drinks, and then all of a sudden people start coming around you and misbehaving. We were getting stuff thrown at us from a distance," Dunkley said on the podcast.

https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/31424768/afl-josh-dunkley-says-public-aggression-towards-players-all-too-common-shai-bolton-daniel-rioli

Axe Man
12-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Dunks spoke about the incident and also one in Noosa where he and a few of the lads were harassed last season.

"I was in Noosa with [Mitch Wallis] and [Marcus Bontempelli] and a couple of other boys, and we were just sitting there on a table over the bye weekend having dinner and a couple of drinks, and then all of a sudden people start coming around you and misbehaving. We were getting stuff thrown at us from a distance," Dunkley said on the podcast.

https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/31424768/afl-josh-dunkley-says-public-aggression-towards-players-all-too-common-shai-bolton-daniel-rioli

Has anyone listened to the podcast? Apparently he explains why he went back on the field. Would be interesting to hear the explanation.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-05-2021, 01:07 PM
It adds to the legend of Lindsay Gilbee which begins with him accidentally moving into someone else's residential unit and not realising for more than a week.

I've often wondered whether this and some other stories of Gilb's were true, or as I've also heard just Nathan Brown winding him up in a public forum.
The other one was that when leaving to go OS on a end of season trip, when asked to produce his visa, he instead produced his Visa credit card...
I would be surprised if either the moving apartment or visa story were really true, but I sincerely hope they are.

Twodogs
12-05-2021, 01:11 PM
I've often wondered whether this and some other stories of Gilb's were true, or as I've also heard just Nathan Brown winding him up in a public forum.
The other one was that when leaving to go OS on a end of season trip, when asked to produce his visa, he instead produced his Visa credit card...
I would be surprised if either the moving apartment or visa story were really true, but I sincerely hope they are.

They have to be true. My whole world would fold in on itself if they weren't.

Grantysghost
12-05-2021, 02:14 PM
Has anyone listened to the podcast? Apparently he explains why he went back on the field. Would be interesting to hear the explanation.

Yes I listened to it. Was very interesting he goes into detail regarding most of the incident, the post game and the surgery.

Amazingly as he was walking up the race at the end of the game Zimmerman grabbed him and said the surgery is booked in for Tuesday!
So they'd already made the calls and arranged it before the game ended.

As for going back on he said they put it back in and did a complete range of tests and he could lift, had strength etc and felt no pain so they cleared him to go back out there.

He goes on to say that the incident where it popped out the second time was unique and hard to test for (punching a high ball) and that if he was in any discomfort he wouldn't have tried to do it.

Great insight. All is tracking well with the injury he also said.

If you go to about 9mins 30 in the podcast you'll get to the right bit.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=825631

Topdog
16-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Very surprising that no one has any video of the incident, in particular the nightclub

Happy Days
16-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Yeah I also think that this is being accepted a little too easily, but whatever. The actual implications of the injuries are probably punishment enough.