Monday, June 14

Melbourne vs Collingwood SCG 3:20pm Seven/Fox

Byes: Western Bulldogs, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Essendon

Eastdog
07-06-2021, 12:40 AM
Bump

bulldogtragic
07-06-2021, 12:55 AM
May Port & Geelong beat the shit out of each other, one week injuries and suspensions to Geelong and a draw result.

bornadog
10-06-2021, 10:16 PM
Geelong playing with 10 x 30 year olds.

comrade
10-06-2021, 10:23 PM
Geelong turning the screws here. God they're annoying.

comrade
10-06-2021, 10:27 PM
Already having nightmares about a) Hawkins rucking in F50 and b) Geelong defenders just taking bulk intercepts all night long.

bulldogtragic
10-06-2021, 10:39 PM
Geelong turning the screws here. God they're annoying.

Back to four points.

Hopefully my wish for a draw comes true.

bulldogtragic
10-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Port in front. Good game.

comrade
10-06-2021, 10:56 PM
Already having nightmares about a) Hawkins rucking in F50 and b) Geelong defenders just taking bulk intercepts all night long.

There it is.

Happy Days
10-06-2021, 10:56 PM
This game rocks.

bulldogtragic
10-06-2021, 10:57 PM
Who knows from here!

comrade
10-06-2021, 11:02 PM
Dixon is an unbelievable field kick for a 200cm monster.

bulldogtragic
10-06-2021, 11:08 PM
Mouthing off at the umpires might just cost Port the game.

comrade
10-06-2021, 11:11 PM
Cats getting some GTown umpiring all the way in Adelaide.

comrade
10-06-2021, 11:16 PM
Cats are very much like Melbourne in that they sweat on any mistake and then just torch you the other way. We're going to have to be direct and avoid the switching issues we saw against the Dees.

Sedat
10-06-2021, 11:24 PM
Port simply aren't at the level of the top teams.

Very strong win by Geelong considering their build-up. Pricks.

bornadog
10-06-2021, 11:32 PM
Match ups will be interesting next week in the backline.

whythelongface
10-06-2021, 11:37 PM
I’m glad Geelong won. Not because I have any liking for them. I don’t. Simply for the reason that they are closer to a loss, which hopefully will be against us. Also they rarely lose two in a row thus if they had of lost tonight then more than likely they would beat us.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-06-2021, 11:41 PM
At least if Melbourne and Geelong finish above us and we still finish top 4, it'll still be a home final.

Port can't drop many more.

DOG GOD
11-06-2021, 01:45 AM
Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan combine for 12/17 goals. We will need to be at our defensive best next week, and Cordy/Gardner will have to make sure their undies are on the outside and play like super heroes. It’s going to be tough.

BornInDroopSt'54
11-06-2021, 02:07 AM
Geelong seem invincible to me.
When do we ever beat them?
GMHBA Stadium is more like GBH Stadium.
Time to change the status quo.

The Underdog
11-06-2021, 12:10 PM
Geelong seem invincible to me.
When do we ever beat them?
GMHBA Stadium is more like GBH Stadium.
Time to change the status quo.

I think at this point they’re the 2nd best team going around.
Us and Brisbane fighting it out for 3rd.

Would be a massive win to get over them at Geelong. But history says we’ll struggle.

Mofra
11-06-2021, 02:20 PM
Geelong look strong across all lines- they have certainly brought in mature talent (Smith, Higgins, Cameron) with an aim to win "now".

With Hawkins, Selwood and Dangerfield still playing they are doing the right thing.
Cam Guthrie is a very good player who flies under the radar, ditto Mitch Duncan.

comrade
11-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Geelong look strong across all lines- they have certainly brought in mature talent (Smith, Higgins, Cameron) with an aim to win "now".

With Hawkins, Selwood and Dangerfield still playing they are doing the right thing.
Cam Guthrie is a very good player who flies under the radar, ditto Mitch Duncan.

They should be considered 2nd for the flag right behind Melbourne, imo.

Mantis
11-06-2021, 05:03 PM
Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan combine for 12/17 goals. We will need to be at our defensive best next week, and Cordy/Gardner will have to make sure their undies are on the outside and play like super heroes. It’s going to be tough.

We surely couldn't defend as bad as Port did?

EasternWest
11-06-2021, 05:14 PM

Hold my beer.

Mantis
11-06-2021, 05:26 PM
Hold my beer.

Have some faith!

As surprising as it is we're hard to score against, as per being equal first on the PA ladder... in years gone we would allow easy ball movement, but it's improved this year and if we place enough heat on the ball carrier and hold our structure I'm thinking Geelong won't have it as easy as it was last night.

DOG GOD
11-06-2021, 05:32 PM

If we do, I expect Geel to kick the biggest score of the year.

SquirrelGrip
11-06-2021, 05:32 PM
Have some faith!

As surprising as it is we're hard to score against, as per being equal first on the PA ladder... in years gone we would allow easy ball movement, but it's improved this year and if we place enough heat on the ball carrier and hold our structure I'm thinking Geelong won't have it as easy as it was last night.

The Cats are slow and lack a full team defence. Yes they have individual stars (and I still shake my head how free agent Cameron goes there for nothing) but I can’t see them holding strong for four weeks in a row during finals with no soft tissues or other injuries to their old fellas.

EasternWest
11-06-2021, 05:38 PM
Have some faith!

I do, but by saying the above if our defense is dismal I can now say "I told you so".

Mantis
11-06-2021, 05:40 PM
The Cats are slow and lack a full team defence. Yes they have individual stars (and I still shake my head how free agent Cameron goes there for nothing) but I can’t see them holding strong for four weeks in a row during finals with no soft tissues or other injuries to their old fellas.

They traded for Cameron.. and paid quite a bit, but had lots of currency following on from Tim Kelly's departure the previous year.

Agree on the other part... it's a long & hard year and will be interested to see where they're at come finals time.

Mantis
11-06-2021, 05:41 PM
If we do, I expect Geel to kick the biggest score of the year.

I would be truly disappointed if you didn't harbor such thoughts. ;)

DOG GOD
11-06-2021, 05:46 PM
I would be truly disappointed if you didn't harbor such thoughts. ;)

Well, Geel have kicked some huge scores at the Cattery. I worry about our defence in normal situations, let alone against the likes of Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan. If our defence is put under immense pressure by either the half backs playing too high, or no defensive running from the mids, I’m expecting a bloodbath with Gardner and Cordy (yes, I don’t rate them).

Mantis
11-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Well, Geel have kicked some huge scores at the Cattery. I worry about our defence in normal situations, let alone against the likes of Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan. If our defence is put under immense pressure by either the half backs playing too high, or no defensive running from the mids, I’m expecting a bloodbath with Gardner and Cordy (yes, I don’t rate them).

I don't rate them either!

Geelong have only kicked over 100 points on 3 occasions this year so the likelihood of them putting us to the sword isn't high, but you 're correct that if we are off our game we will be made to pay... the good thing is that we've defended well as a team really well this year and I'm expecting no different this week.

DOG GOD
11-06-2021, 06:23 PM
I don't rate them either!

Geelong have only kicked over 100 points on 3 occasions this year so the likelihood of them putting us to the sword isn't high, but you 're correct that if we are off our game we will be made to pay... the good thing is that we've defended well as a team really well this year and I'm expecting no different this week.

Good to know I’m not alone there Mantis.
I agree, in general we have done well considering our Achilles heel, but our team will have to be very mindful not to play into the hands of the Geel game plan. I’ll be watching with bated breath Friday night.

Dry Rot
11-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Hawks playing well so far. They have played the SCG well for years.

bornadog
11-06-2021, 10:31 PM
Just switched it on, pretty pathetic game

Bulldog Joe
11-06-2021, 11:54 PM
Umpiring was a bit off.

Hawthorn given a golden run by Razor Ray.

Dry Rot
12-06-2021, 12:03 AM
Hawks playing well so far. They have played the SCG well for years.

Someone here knows his footy at the SCG.

comrade
12-06-2021, 09:18 AM
Umpiring was a bit off.

Hawthorn given a golden run by Razor Ray.

Razor holds a grudge. As soon as Papley tore him a new one, it was only going one way.

mjp
12-06-2021, 09:40 AM

With the half backs, where exactly would you have them play?

When the ball is in our forward half, you want any opposition spare to be as far away from the ball as possible. Otherwise, they can receive the exit kick, create a series of 2v1's and just kick the ball over the head of your defenders who are inside d50 playing (essentially) on their man.

So we roll them up, roll them up and the half backs end up picking up (in an ideal world) an opposition high forward who is pressing. But more likely the player they have to pick up is a sagging mid OR a defender who is leaking out of the zone to create a 1-v-none whilst a mid (most often a winger) covers for them.

It's just the choice you have to make if you want to play a zoning style defense which Bevo does...the onus is then on the 'group' to push back and cover 'most dangerous' as the ball transitions.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Geelong who move the ball pretty darn slowly under their 'defend with the ball in hand' playing style. But it does mean that if we get it wrong vs Melbourne, Richmond or even Port we are going to be in trouble.

DOG GOD
12-06-2021, 10:12 AM
With the half backs, where exactly would you have them play?

When the ball is in our forward half, you want any opposition spare to be as far away from the ball as possible. Otherwise, they can receive the exit kick, create a series of 2v1's and just kick the ball over the head of your defenders who are inside d50 playing (essentially) on their man.

So we roll them up, roll them up and the half backs end up picking up (in an ideal world) an opposition high forward who is pressing. But more likely the player they have to pick up is a sagging mid OR a defender who is leaking out of the zone to create a 1-v-none whilst a mid (most often a winger) covers for them.

It's just the choice you have to make if you want to play a zoning style defense which Bevo does...the onus is then on the 'group' to push back and cover 'most dangerous' as the ball transitions.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Geelong who move the ball pretty darn slowly under their 'defend with the ball in hand' playing style. But it does mean that if we get it wrong vs Melbourne, Richmond or even Port we are going to be in trouble.

Totally get what you’re saying MJP, but I don’t want to see the likes of Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan one out with their opponent if Geel happen to get a quick kick out of the centre from the bounce. Geelong will surely push their half fwds right up, allowing plenty of space for Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan to work in. What will worry me is if Dangerfield bursts from the centre bounce and gets it in quickly, hence, kicking over our half back line.

You know more about set ups than I do, but I’d at least have a Duryea or Crozier just sitting off that 40 metre line to at least give another body there.

mjp
12-06-2021, 10:28 AM
...if Geel happen to get a quick kick out of the centre from the bounce. Geelong will surely push their half fwds right up, allowing plenty of space for Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan to work in. What will worry me is if Dangerfield bursts from the centre bounce and gets it in quickly, hence, kicking over our half back line.

You know more about set ups than I do, but I’d at least have a Duryea or Crozier just sitting off that 40 metre line to at least give another body there.

But if they exit CBD with 6-6-6 what are we supposed to do? Those big forwards are 100% going to be one-out...but so will Naughton and Bruce.

Go_Dogs
12-06-2021, 10:49 AM
But if they exit CBD with 6-6-6 what are we supposed to do? Those big forwards are 100% going to be one-out...but so will Naughton and Bruce.

Limit Dangerfield in the centre bounce. They don’t score that well from it, but have missed him for a large part of the year so that could swing the other way as he finds his groove.

No slow switch - let’s try and be more direct and create run and overlap through the middle where we can. They score well and fast off the turnover, but we still need to take risks with our ball movement rather than long and slow. We may get burned still, but at least we have a chance to score too.

Smart entries - they will chop all night with intercepts. We need to create angles and be smart with our entries.

DOG GOD
12-06-2021, 11:02 AM

Yep, but Geel backs take contested marks…our backline doesn’t.

DOG GOD
12-06-2021, 11:03 AM
Limit Dangerfield in the centre bounce. They don’t score that well from it, but have missed him for a large part of the year so that could swing the other way as he finds his groove.

No slow switch - let’s try and be more direct and create run and overlap through the middle where we can. They score well and fast off the turnover, but we still need to take risks with our ball movement rather than long and slow. We may get burned still, but at least we have a chance to score too.

Smart entries - they will chop all night with intercepts. We need to create angles and be smart with our entries.

We have to get it thru the corridor somehow. If we go around the boundary with slow movement, we are screwed.

bornadog
12-06-2021, 01:18 PM

As far as Centre clearances are concerned we are ranked 1st and Geelong 13th.

comrade
12-06-2021, 06:49 PM
I'm watching this abomination of a football game between Freo and the Suns. I have a problem.

Sedat
12-06-2021, 07:04 PM
I'm watching this abomination of a football game between Freo and the Suns. I have a problem.
Imagine this abomination of a game on ch 7 with their commentators. That would be fresh hell.

josie
12-06-2021, 07:11 PM
Imagine this abomination of a game on ch 7 with their commentators. That would be fresh hell.

I tried watching it twice - 5 mins of first half and 10 mins now. Just turned it off. How long is Dew going to last? GC Suns’ skills & pressure just woeful. Do they even have a ruck & midfield/on ballers? It’s considerably worse than vfl standard. Wonder if they’ll flick a switch when they play us. About to go and cut the cat’s toe nails…..

comrade
12-06-2021, 07:32 PM
Alex Pearce has done a good job on Ben King today. He's had a shocking injury run the past 2 years but if he could overcome them and show he's still mobile enough, might be worth looking at closer. Only 26, great size, and is rocking the long do which I like.

comrade
12-06-2021, 07:44 PM
And Sean Darcy is my favourite type of ruckman. Massive unit, follows up like a truck when the ball is on the ground and clunks marks.

azabob
12-06-2021, 08:00 PM
I tried watching it twice - 5 mins of first half and 10 mins now. Just turned it off. How long is Dew going to last? GC Suns’ skills & pressure just woeful. Do they even have a ruck & midfield/on ballers? It’s considerably worse than vfl standard. Wonder if they’ll flick a switch when they play us. About to go and cut the cat’s toe nails…..

I hear what you are saying but this has been Gold Coast since day 1.

Will they ever improve?

Sedat
12-06-2021, 08:10 PM
Horrible game but that was a terrific win by Freo with their massive injury list. As we saw last week, they are very difficult to play against - so well structured defensively.

If they get a good run with injuries in the next few years, they can make the top 8 and probably stay there for a period.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Glad we’re playing Adelaide in the 2nd half of the season. They’ve well and truly fallen away now.

The Adelaide Connection
12-06-2021, 09:03 PM
Glad we’re playing Adelaide in the 2nd half of the season. They’ve well and truly fallen away now.

All my Crows supporting friends are being destroyed by my Port supporting friends on FB right now. I didn’t see it, but apparently they were a special breed of horrible and ended the quarter scoreless for the first time in six hundred years.

#popcorn

bulldogsthru&thru
12-06-2021, 09:16 PM
All my Crows supporting friends are being destroyed by my Port supporting friends on FB right now. I didn’t see it, but apparently they were a special breed of horrible and ended the quarter scoreless for the first time in six hundred years.

#popcorn

They are looking absolutely abysmal. Chance of not scoring for a half. Absolute witches hats. If we were playing them it’d be north/saints-esque.

jeemak
12-06-2021, 10:09 PM
Yeah, the Crows are only twenty points behind now and playing OK. I really hope they come back and nail St Kilda.

The AFL has really nailed fixturing and scheduling these past couple of nights........

jeemak
12-06-2021, 10:10 PM
14 points.......

Dry Rot
12-06-2021, 10:29 PM
Can the Crows get up? That would be very funny.

bornadog
12-06-2021, 10:55 PM
A real slog in this last quarter, some old fashion footy.

bornadog
12-06-2021, 11:04 PM
Crows hit the front with 1 minute to go

jeemak
12-06-2021, 11:04 PM
This is why ripping on your mates like a wanker in the first forty minutes of a game these days lies within the domain of buffoons.

jeemak
12-06-2021, 11:05 PM
I worry for Ratten's health if they lose this.

bornadog
12-06-2021, 11:06 PM
Saints won't make finals

merantau
12-06-2021, 11:08 PM
That's an early exit for St Kilda. Strange game.

bulldogtragic
12-06-2021, 11:10 PM
Queue the excuses, threaten to drop players and don’t. Injuries of course.

Weakest team mentally in it this year. Their members will riot soon.

Grantysghost
12-06-2021, 11:10 PM
Watched the last 10, the Saints looked out on their feet. Crows looked much fitter.

Grantysghost
12-06-2021, 11:11 PM

It's the hope that gets ya :cool:

Sedat
12-06-2021, 11:13 PM
Gutsy win by the Crows. They were 6 goals down early in the 3rd qtr and kicked the last 7 goals of the game. They won it at the source - they smashed the Saints at contested ball and clearances in the 2nd half.

Those Ch 7 wankers sure tried hard to barrack for the Max King redemption narrative all night.

bornadog
12-06-2021, 11:14 PM

Adelaide played with 13 players with less than 50 games, so Saints can't make excuses.

Daughter of the West
12-06-2021, 11:17 PM
I worry for Ratten's health if they lose this.

I was suggesting to husband that the stadium might want to have a bed ready at Cairns Base Hospital should they lose, he looked at imminent risk of a heart attack :(

jeemak
12-06-2021, 11:24 PM
Gutsy win by the Crows. They were 6 goals down early in the 3rd qtr and kicked the last 7 goals of the game. They won it at the source - they smashed the Saints at contested ball and clearances in the 2nd half.

Those Ch 7 wankers sure tried hard to barrack for the Max King redemption narrative all night.

It's really strange that unearned adulation would be poured over a tall white privately educated man from the bayside suburbs of Melbourne but here we are..........

jeemak
12-06-2021, 11:25 PM
I was suggesting to husband that the stadium might want to have a bed ready at Cairns Base Hospital should they lose, he looked at imminent risk of a heart attack :(

He doesn't look like he's coping, and I'm not being a smartarse.

bornadog
12-06-2021, 11:26 PM
The free kick in the goal square to Crows was absolute rubbish

Daughter of the West
12-06-2021, 11:30 PM
He doesn't look like he's coping, and I'm not being a smartarse.

I know you’re not - he did honestly look terrible.

1eyedog
12-06-2021, 11:59 PM
Yep, but Geel backs take contested marks…our backline doesn’t.

Keath is chopped liver?

Happy Days
13-06-2021, 12:21 AM
Keath is probably the third best key defender in the league after May and Weitering. I won’t stand for any disrespect on here for him.

jeemak
13-06-2021, 12:58 AM
Keath is probably the third best key defender in the league after May and Weitering. I won’t stand for any disrespect on here for him.

Can you imagine how good he'd be if he had someone as big and competent playing alongside him? I know Freo were a little light on but even with Gardner and Cordy helping out he put his superman cape on and dominated.

kruder
13-06-2021, 02:05 AM
The Saints have gotten themselves in the enviable position of what I like to call no mans land :cool:

jeemak
13-06-2021, 02:33 AM
The Saints have gotten themselves in the enviable position of what I like to call no mans land :cool:

I think when history reviews the way we rebounded from the 2008-2012 period it'll be looked upon extremely favourable compared to them, not least of all because we rebuilt properly to win a flag (mix of young guns, existing players and ring-ins) but also because of how we have turned over our list since that flag.

Without getting into the argument about where we are now or why we are here, our immediate to mid-term future looks so much more sustainable than theirs.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-06-2021, 03:03 AM
I think when history reviews the way we rebounded from the 2008-2012 period it'll be looked upon extremely favourable compared to them, not least of all because we rebuilt properly to win a flag (mix of young guns, existing players and ring-ins) but also because of how we have turned over our list since that flag.

Without getting into the argument about where we are now or why we are here, our immediate to mid-term future looks so much more sustainable than theirs.

No doubt we've got gaps. Whether we can tactically mitigate them this year remains to be seen. But we definitely have positioned ourselves for a more sustainable run at success than the Saints.
They have jumped at shadows each draft/trade period, whereas we have clearly adhered to a coherent plan.

The Saints will need to rebuild again, but I'm not sure they can this year, without enduring the pain they have tried to avoid.
We just need to tinker.

DOG GOD
13-06-2021, 10:22 AM
Keath is chopped liver?

No. That’s one player, I’m talking about our backline in general…contested marks, out marking their fwd opponents.

Topdog
13-06-2021, 10:36 AM
I haven't looked it up but I'm quite confident we are not doing well in intercept marks

bornadog
13-06-2021, 10:43 AM
I haven't looked it up but I'm quite confident we are not doing well in intercept marks

Correct, we are 13th, however we are top 5 in Contested Marks

Happy Days
13-06-2021, 11:10 AM
Correct, we are 13th, however we are top 5 in Contested Marks

That would be pretty much all Naughton. Our intercept game is admittedly a fair way off.

bornadog
13-06-2021, 03:00 PM
That would be pretty much all Naughton. Our intercept game is admittedly a fair way off.

Yeah, Naughton and Bruce are the main ones. Naughton leading AFL.

jeemak
13-06-2021, 05:34 PM
This Norf and GWS game being played in front of family and friends is and interesting display of two very ordinary teams doing very ordinary things mostly, with one or two good moments.

Mumford is still a prick. Don't often see him go after the big blokes.

comrade
13-06-2021, 05:52 PM

He's an absolute grub, yet commentators just shrug it off as 'clumsy Mummy'.

Grantysghost
13-06-2021, 06:22 PM
This Norf and GWS game being played in front of family and friends is and interesting display of two very ordinary teams doing very ordinary things mostly, with one or two good moments.

Leon Cameron has to be in a spot of bother with this performance.

jeemak
13-06-2021, 06:23 PM
He's an absolute grub, yet commentators just shrug it off as 'clumsy Mummy'.

Well after he dropped his forearm into the head of Simpkin, Dwayne actually set us all straight by telling us that you have to love him.

Commentators are serial apologists for arsehole behaviour committed by the Mumfords out there.

jeemak
13-06-2021, 06:24 PM
Leon Cameron has to be in a spot of bother with this performance.

He doesn't have a very good team. Not sure they're this bad, but they're not very good.

bornadog
13-06-2021, 06:25 PM
Can North hold on?

jeemak
13-06-2021, 06:28 PM
Not if Kelly's going to be kicking goals like that on his opposite.

macca
13-06-2021, 07:03 PM
North lost that. First draw of the year

2 goals kicked by GWS in the dying minutes.

Lachlie Young, pushes Mumford in the back - gets 50 m and handballs to Daniel Lloyd results in goal outside 50m

1 min later, ball kicks into forward line, and Daniel Lloyd takes a ball that drops short. Lachlie Young ball watching.

josie
13-06-2021, 07:03 PM
Did anyone else think GWS were favoured by the umps? Toby Greene doing his usual snipey stuff from what I could see eg when taking ball off player on ground when play stopped rolling his arms into their neck, face, chest. I truly hate him-what a thug. Pity North didn’t hold on. Quite like Zurhar-gutsy & loves his club.

macca
13-06-2021, 07:09 PM

You can hear the frustration in Ratten's voice in the press conference.

Does he play the kids or try out the whole list to see who needs to be on it next year?

comrade
13-06-2021, 10:31 PM
*!*!*!*! I'm sick of the Tigers.

Dry Rot
13-06-2021, 10:49 PM
From the radio call, this is a cracking game.

bornadog
13-06-2021, 10:55 PM
36 seconds

Dry Rot
13-06-2021, 10:55 PM
And that is why Kennedy is my favourite key position forward.

josie
13-06-2021, 10:56 PM
I love Kennedy….

bornadog
13-06-2021, 10:56 PM
Good win, hard to beat them over there

bornadog
13-06-2021, 10:57 PM
I love Kennedy….

Let's not go too far :D:D

comrade
13-06-2021, 10:57 PM
*!*!*!*! I'm sick of the Tigers.

Kiss of death, strikes again.

whythelongface
13-06-2021, 10:58 PM
What a cracking finish. Awesome. Liam Ryan is special.

Eastdog
13-06-2021, 10:58 PM
Some close games this weekend. Very good game tonight.

Grantysghost
13-06-2021, 11:04 PM
Naitanui at the last centre bounce just served it up on a platter.

1eyedog
13-06-2021, 11:04 PM
The harder it is for Richmond to get top 4 the better.

bornadog
13-06-2021, 11:05 PM

No chance of top 4

bornadog
13-06-2021, 11:06 PM
Naitanui at the last centre bounce just served it up on a platter.

Best Tap ruckman in the business

josie
13-06-2021, 11:06 PM
Let's not go too far :D:D

All the way with JK (except when wet toast play us). He is my fave non-dogs player. Man mountain, plays clean/fair, never gives up, good in the air, good at ground level for a big fella, and a super kick for goal.

bornadog
13-06-2021, 11:09 PM
All the way with JK (except when wet toast play us). He is my fave non-dogs player. Man mountain, plays clean/fair, never gives up, good in the air, good at ground level for a big fella, and a super kick for goal.

We know who won that trade.

comrade
13-06-2021, 11:14 PM
NicNat is an absolute star. His tap work is the best but his bullocking and follow up is elite. Going to be an extremely hard task in a few weeks.

josie
13-06-2021, 11:15 PM

Big blue of the highest order.

bornadog
13-06-2021, 11:35 PM
NicNat is an absolute star. His tap work is the best but his bullocking and follow up is elite. Going to be an extremely hard task in a few weeks.

Friday is a must win

Sedat
13-06-2021, 11:38 PM
They will be 10-6 in the next 3 weeks with some soft kills coming up. They lost the battle tonight but I reckon they will be there again when the whips are cracking.

Costagna blazing away when he had 2 free players on his right side in the F50 when the Tigers were 2 points up was the ball game. Ball went end-to-end from that turnover and Kennedy kicked the winner - off an 8m pass from Ryan to be frank, but good luck to any umpire paying that in front of 50k Weagle ferals.

Happy Days
13-06-2021, 11:40 PM

This is why we need you to keep carrying the game day threads

comrade
13-06-2021, 11:44 PM
They will be 10-6 in the next 3 weeks with some soft kills coming up. They lost the battle tonight but I reckon they will be there again when the whips are cracking.

Costagna blazing away when he had 2 free players on his right side in the F50 when the Tigers were 2 points up was the ball game. Ball went end-to-end from that turnover and Kennedy kicked the winner - off an 8m pass from Ryan to be frank, but good luck to any umpire paying that in front of 50k Weagle ferals.

Yeah, they'll finish 5th or 6th and have a home final the first week of finals and there's a good chance they'll play one of Melbourne, Geelong or the Bulldogs in week 2 at the MCG, so they're still in it up to their eyeballs. But any loss which makes it a bit harder for them to get that home final is a good thing.

Sedat
14-06-2021, 12:22 AM
Yeah, they'll finish 5th or 6th and have a home final the first week of finals and there's a good chance they'll play one of Melbourne, Geelong or the Bulldogs in week 2 at the MCG, so they're still in it up to their eyeballs. But any loss which makes it a bit harder for them to get that home final is a good thing.
That's true. After their 3 easy games, they have Brisbane and Geelong in a row - that fortnight is massive and will determine where they finish in the top 8. I think they are something like 41-6 after the mid-season bye since 2017.

Go_Dogs
14-06-2021, 09:45 AM

I hope they play WCE in Perth in F1. Or Port in Adelaide. Let them suffer at the hands of an unfavourable interstate match up and see how good they really are.

EasternWest
14-06-2021, 11:13 AM

Carlton did because jUdD wON ThE bRowNlOw

mjp
14-06-2021, 11:30 AM
I hope they play WCE in Perth in F1. Or Port in Adelaide. Let them suffer at the hands of an unfavourable interstate match up and see how good they really are.

Pretty sure they won away at the Gabba in 2019.

MrMahatma
14-06-2021, 11:37 AM
Let’s face it, to win the flag you need to beat good teams. Most likely we’ll need to beat Richmond at some point. They’re very good and in some ways it be good if they fell over early in the piece, but how good would it be to beat them in a knock out final?!

bornadog
14-06-2021, 11:40 AM
Let’s face it, to win the flag you need to beat good teams. Most likely we’ll need to beat Richmond at some point. They’re very good and in some ways it be good if they fell over early in the piece, but how good would it be to beat them in a knock out final?!

Prelim

Go_Dogs
14-06-2021, 11:50 AM
Pretty sure they won away at the Gabba in 2019.

Yes, I’ve ignored a number of good road wins they’ve had over the past 4 - 5 years. Get the feeling this year more than any other though they will need the little advantages like playing at home.

It’s a shame they won a GF outside of Melbourne last year really. Doesn’t align with my narrative.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 12:49 PM
Tigers best win was the PA away win in last year's prelim after they lost the first week to the Lions.
That was the flag there.

1eyedog
14-06-2021, 01:05 PM

I feel we just need to knock out Geelong for the year to be a success.

DOG GOD
14-06-2021, 02:25 PM
Yep. Don’t want them with a double chance.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 02:29 PM
Yep. Don’t want them with a double chance.

That's it. They lost their first final last year.

jeemak
14-06-2021, 04:51 PM
Yes, I’ve ignored a number of good road wins they’ve had over the past 4 - 5 years. Get the feeling this year more than any other though they will need the little advantages like playing at home.

It’s a shame they won a GF outside of Melbourne last year really. Doesn’t align with my narrative.

And a prelim against Port.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Pies taking it to Demons. Could be an upset brewing. They're defending the corridor well and lowering their eyes inside 50.
Lever is cracking the sads, he's going full Balta these days.

bulldogtragic
14-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Woods should be 30 points up.

Woods aggression with the footy showing how to beat them.

DOG GOD
14-06-2021, 05:29 PM
Pies taking it to Demons. Could be an upset brewing. They're defending the corridor well and lowering their eyes inside 50.
Lever is cracking the sads, he's going full Balta these days.

Doing ok atm. Good pressure and not allowing Lever and May to play their roles. Geez Pies would be a lot better if DeGoey actually had some ticker, instead of a stinking attitude to chase and pressure.

comrade
14-06-2021, 05:30 PM
Woods should be 30 points up.

Woods aggression with the footy showing how to beat them.

That's the problem, sides don't put them to the sword so they're always in the game.

Will be very surprised if Pies hold on but it does show you that quick low entries are so important against the Dees. If it doesn't lead to a mark, it'll end up as a stoppage more often than not and gives you another chance to pile on the pressure.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Doing ok atm. Good pressure and not allowing Lever and May to play their roles. Geez Pies would be a lot better if DeGoey actually had some ticker, instead of a stinking attitude to chase and pressure.

When the Lions were on top Oliver was quiet in the first half (8 touches) but was brilliant in the second.

He's been relatively quiet again with 11 be interesting to see how he goes post the half.

comrade
14-06-2021, 05:38 PM
I don't think the Dogs have played as many poor quarters as the Dees have this year, yet they always do enough in the second half through sheer fitness and system. Let's see if it holds true again today.

DOG GOD
14-06-2021, 05:41 PM
When Dees look flat, they really look flat and a lot of players gone missing. Collingwood need to keep that run and pressure going, and most importantly they need their fwds to kick their set shots. Collingwood also have those quarters where they are lucky to score. Hopefully today is not one of them.

comrade
14-06-2021, 05:45 PM
Trying for some kiss of death magic and calling it: Melbourne are winning this.

DOG GOD
14-06-2021, 05:58 PM
Collingwoods skill level has hit a wall. Fundamental errors costing them dearly.

jeemak
14-06-2021, 06:16 PM
Game's definitely up for grabs. Melbourne look a little flat, and if the Pies can keep Petracca and Oliver out of the last quarter they're in with a massive chance.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 06:20 PM
Game's definitely up for grabs. Melbourne look a little flat, and if the Pies can keep Petracca and Oliver out of the last quarter they're in with a massive chance.

I think Melbourne have a weakness with their tall forwards. Mcdonald they couldn't give away granted he's been great, Weideman just doesn't do enough and Brown can't get a game.
It's a long season.

Why are Collingwood sacking their coach again?

comrade
14-06-2021, 06:21 PM
Umpires aren't missing anything for Melbourne.

jeemak
14-06-2021, 06:29 PM
I think Melbourne have a weakness with their tall forwards. Mcdonald they couldn't give away granted he's been great, Weideman just doesn't do enough and Brown can't get a game.
It's a long season.

Why are Collingwood sacking their coach again?

It's a really interesting question. I think they just need a purge of anyone associated with the O'Brien, Malthouse and McGuire era. Buckley can clearly coach, though he's probably mentally cooked.

Sedat
14-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Tackling pressure has been off the charts by the Pies today - no team likes the extreme pressure. Also their delivery into F50 for the most part has been very effective, with minimal long bombs to Snake and more spotting up short targets with low darts - takes the May and Lever intercept marks out of the equation

KT31
14-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Good result for us.

ReLoad
14-06-2021, 06:53 PM
You beauty!!!

angelopetraglia
14-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Hot Pies!!!! Rarely barrack for Collingwood but that’s a great result for us.

comrade
14-06-2021, 06:55 PM
Trying for some kiss of death magic and calling it: Melbourne are winning this.

My ability to be wrong about everything is finally used for good instead of evil.

josie
14-06-2021, 06:56 PM
Onya Pies. Thanks Bucks. I think Bucks is a good coach. Wishing him the best with what’s next in his life. Hopefully other teams can follow this blueprint to make it tougher for the Dees for rest of season.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 06:58 PM
My ability to be wrong about everything is finally used for good instead of evil.
With great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely Comrade.

Bulldog Joe
14-06-2021, 07:00 PM
Good result for us.

It is minor. We need to beat Geelong.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 07:03 PM
Pies really pressured Oliver it’s a great tactic. Everyone had a crack at him when it was their turn.

comrade
14-06-2021, 07:04 PM
With great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely Comrade.

Cats are a monty this week, obviously.

jeemak
14-06-2021, 07:13 PM
Pies really pressured Oliver it’s a great tactic. Everyone had a crack at him when it was their turn.

Yeah I think any team that wants to seriously take Melbourne down needs to put plenty of time and physicality into Oliver. He lacks a bit of composure when flustered and I think this is key to beating Melbourne at the coal face.

Not rocket surgery I know, but it will be interesting to see what we do here when we play them next.

GVGjr
14-06-2021, 07:45 PM
I sort of think that Buckley deserved a win. Fitting send off

comrade
14-06-2021, 07:53 PM
I sort of think that Buckley deserved a win. Fitting send off

Yeah, don't mind Bucks at all. Very happy to see him get a win.

bornadog
14-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Three decisions in this game that I though really sucked.

Twice the so called dangerous tackle and one decision against Maynard when he game rushing in and dived on the ball. The umpire called in taking the player out, but he was nowhere near the players leg. That rule actually sucks and was meant to stop players diving in feet first.

We are killing the spectacle of this once great game.

The Adelaide Connection
14-06-2021, 11:57 PM
Three decisions in this game that I though really sucked.

Twice the so called dangerous tackle and one decision against Maynard when he game rushing in and dived on the ball. The umpire called in taking the player out, but he was nowhere near the players leg. That rule actually sucks and was meant to stop players diving in feet first.

We are killing the spectacle of this once great game.

The one that I hate is where the player does slide in and get there first, is already stationary, and then a player runs in and runs into the player and contact below the knee gets called.

The rule should be about momentum. If the player sliding in has momentum that takes them into other players legs- fair enough, free kick against the slider.

If they have slid in and stopped- then a player moves into them- free kick to the player on the ground.

Dry Rot
15-06-2021, 01:13 AM
Terrific post match by Bucks

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/958957/post-match-nathan-buckley?videoId=958957&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1623661414001