Eastdog
13-06-2021, 01:23 AM
Margin: Dogs by 3 points - Huge win for us in a thriller
First goal: Aaron Naughton
Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-06-2021, 02:07 AM
Defining match.
Haven't won at Boggy Park since I had hair. Luxurious hair.
If we win this, I reckon it unlocks our potential and belief for a real tillt in 2021.
We looked close in 2016, but lost Libba and Macrae by half time, and we struggled thereafter.
With a game in Perth against Wet Toast following , we need this.
0-2 in Friday night matches this year. Have to pull out all the stops for this one.

comrade
13-06-2021, 08:29 AM
Defining match.
Haven't won at Boggy Park since I had hair. Luxurious hair.
If we win this, I reckon it unlocks our potential and belief for a real tillt in 2021.
We looked close in 2016, but lost Libba and Macrae by half time, and we struggled thereafter.
With a game in Perth against Wet Toast following , we need this.
0-2 in Friday night matches this year. Have to pull out all the stops for this one.

Agree with the premise of your post, but we've beaten both GWS and Collingwood in Friday night games this year.

Dry Rot
14-06-2021, 04:54 PM
Do you agree with this article?

In the land of the AFL rebuild Geelong are serial renovators – finally they have it right

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/14/in-the-land-of-the-afl-rebuild-geelong-are-serial-renovators-finally-they-have-it-right

chef
14-06-2021, 05:08 PM
Do you agree with this article?

In the land of the AFL rebuild Geelong are serial renovators – finally they have it right

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/14/in-the-land-of-the-afl-rebuild-geelong-are-serial-renovators-finally-they-have-it-right

Geelong are the most kissed on the dick team in Victoria. Good players fall in their laps because of their location, they have the only pure homeground advantage in the state and they are the only team to make a fortune off smallish crowds

bulldogtragic
14-06-2021, 05:11 PM
Port & Brisbane highly likely to be 36 points by next week.

A) We beat Geelong and go to 44 points (& top of the ladder), cats go back into the pack on 36 points. On top by 20% and then 2 wins & 20% inside top two.

B) We lose, stay on 40 points equal with the cats. Heading off to WA the week after.

I know every win is ‘huge’ to get to top two and stay top two. But this is potentially season defining.

Dogs by 17
BOG Bonts
FG Bonts

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Geelong are the most kissed on the dick team in Victoria. Good players fall in their laps because of their location, they have the only pure homeground advantage in the state and they are the only team to make a fortune off smallish crowds

Their home ground advantage is the single biggest considering they don't have to travel far to Melbourne like the interstate teams do.

Was thinking if we finish second and don't get a Marvel final it's the biggest finals home ground disadvantage. How can you play somewhere twice (MCG) and have that as your advantage for a higher finish especially when there's the added chance of an MCG tenant as an opponent. The more I think about it the less I feel we need to try and maximise the gate as our excuse.

KT31
14-06-2021, 07:07 PM
No games in Melbourne next weekend, moved to Tassie.
Dogs will still play at GMHBA Stadium, no crowd.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-06-2021, 07:08 PM
No games in Melbourne. We’re still playing in Geelong but with no crowds. Apparently cats could have moved the game if they wanted to but they didn’t. They must really want the home ground advantage against us.

bulldogtragic
14-06-2021, 07:17 PM
No crowd. That’s handy with no crowd pressure on free kicks and assisting enthusiasm into momentum. It’s not ideal to play in an empty stadium, but there’s silver lining. Our boys don’t have to take a couple or few flights and should be somewhat normal to prepare. I can live with it.

Sedat
14-06-2021, 07:21 PM
Geelong and their marginal electorate white elephant pissant toy ground gets preferential treatment once again. If Melbourne matches are moved because of no crowds, why on earth is the Geelong Dogs game staying at that shithole?

bulldogsthru&thru
14-06-2021, 08:25 PM
Their home ground is extra wide isn’t it? How does that affect us?

comrade
14-06-2021, 08:27 PM
Their home ground is extra wide isn’t it? How does that affect us?

No, it's extra narrow.

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2021, 08:28 PM
Geelong and their marginal electorate white elephant pissant toy ground gets preferential treatment once again. If Melbourne matches are moved because of no crowds, why on earth is the Geelong Dogs game staying at that shithole?
Who cares. This is on them. It’s going to fall our way with out umpires under pressure. It’s not. Home ground advantage now. It’s a 50/50.

Dogs by 23 points
BOG Bont he knows what this means to our season.
First goal JUH, this is Bevos ace card and it’s the right time to play it.

I know you want to see that.

EasternWest
14-06-2021, 08:37 PM

The worst part about Sedat is that he plays his cards close to his chest and you never know how he feels about something.

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 09:07 PM
As much as I agree with the Geelong leg up in general I think this is preferable to moving the game interstate?

Guys can stay home with their families/friends and have a pretty normal prep without having to be super covid crazy
as a Victorian pariah.

KT31
14-06-2021, 09:08 PM
Who cares. This is on them. It’s going to fall our way with out umpires under pressure. It’s not. Home ground advantage now. It’s a 50/50.

Dogs by 23 points
BOG Bont he knows what this means to our season.
First goal JUH, this is Bevos ace card and it’s the right time to play it.

I know you want to see that.
Chances are being the only Vic game we will now have Razor Ray, and that’s never good for us.

bulldogtragic
14-06-2021, 09:12 PM
Chances are being the only Vic game we will now have Razor Ray, and that’s never good for us.

If he bothers you, I'll take care of him. What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never umpire again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

Cannonball!!

KT31
14-06-2021, 09:14 PM
If he bothers you, I'll take care of him. What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never umpire again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

Cannonball!!

I’m too scared to not to like this post.:D

Grantysghost
14-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Interesting. So North and the Hawks must have been ok with going down to Tassie which makes sense, but I'm surprised they give the clubs preference so much weight in these decisions.

---

"The Geelong Cats vs. Western Bulldogs match will continue to be played at GMHBA Stadium with no crowds as per current Victorian Government advice – this decision to continue to play this match at GMHBA Stadium was made in consultation with the home team and was in line with their preference not to move the game.

bornadog
14-06-2021, 09:33 PM
As much as I agree with the Geelong leg up in general I think this is preferable to moving the game interstate?

Guys can stay home with their families/friends and have a pretty normal prep without having to be super covid crazy
as a Victorian pariah.

No hoping on planes either.

Dogs by 17

BOG The Bont

First Goal: Bruce

HOSE B ROMERO
14-06-2021, 09:38 PM
I like the fact that there's no parochial home crowd to influence the umpiring. But it is time we started winning down there.

Happy Days
15-06-2021, 09:53 AM
No crowds sucks. It’s a deflating experience to watch and I’d rather 30k Cats fans calling out slurs (as usual) than dead silence.

Mofra
15-06-2021, 10:00 AM
Geelong are the form team in the competition right now.
I just hope we learned from the Melbourne experience. We had trouble switching the ball against the Demons, it will be even tougher on that weird-shaped ground

azabob
15-06-2021, 10:33 AM
No crowds sucks. It’s a deflating experience to watch and I’d rather 30k Cats fans calling out slurs (as usual) than dead silence.

We literally suck playing when we play in Melbourne in front of no crowds.

Expecting no different come Friday night.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-06-2021, 11:14 AM
We literally suck playing when we play in Melbourne in front of no crowds.

Expecting no different come Friday night.

Yeah I’m not sure no crowds is a good thing. We seem to need some type of atmosphere to get going.

DOG GOD
15-06-2021, 11:32 AM
We will be as flat as a pancake.

Mantis
15-06-2021, 11:54 AM
We will be as flat as a pancake.

Given the players have continued to train through the bye week I would like to think we are switched on when it's go time.. it's a huge test of our maturity to see how we perform in this game given we've struggled in like games recently.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-06-2021, 11:59 AM
Given the players have continued to train through the bye week I would like to think we are switched on when it's go time.. it's a huge test of our maturity to see how we perform in this game given we've struggled in like games recently.

Yep, I was forgiving of the Melbourne game but not this Friday Night. Had plenty of time to wrap our heads around the current situation, we know the importance of this game.

Win this and we solidify ourselves as a genuine threat. Lose and you have to wonder if we're a step below the top 2-3 (Melb / Geel / Rich) given Port's form hasn't stacked up this year, despite it still being a great win.

jeemak
15-06-2021, 12:04 PM
How many games have we played in front of no crowds, where we've been flat, versus games where there have been crowds and we've been flat anyway?

Not sure if the crowd has anything to do with what we dish up, rather, this group of players has issues with being switched on a lot of the time against both good and bad teams.

Topdog
15-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Yep share the concern about how we turn up

bulldogsthru&thru
15-06-2021, 12:13 PM
How many games have we played in front of no crowds, where we've been flat, versus games where there have been crowds and we've been flat anyway?

Not sure if the crowd has anything to do with what we dish up, rather, this group of players has issues with being switched on a lot of the time against both good and bad teams.

We're 2-3 so yeah not a lot in it. However all 3 losses were quite abysmal in regards to intensity and being switched on. Particularly the absolute horror shows against Collingwood and Saints early last year.

Our wins were against GWS and North last year who were both average teams in 2020. There's not enough evidence to suggest there's anything in it but I get the concern.

Topdog
15-06-2021, 12:15 PM
It's not purely just no crowd, its that our team has seemed to fail when something different or unexpected happens.

I have no evidence or stats to back it up so it could just be my pessimistic nature.

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 12:19 PM

The three that stand out for me are the two Marvel games early last year against the Pies and Saints and the Demons this season. They were all very flat performances.

Flip side we also played the Giants (Haynes toss rd 3) and were well up for that and North in rd 5 prior to the QLD hubs which we won by 8 goals.

So I get the angst but I think we have shown we can generate the right attitude with no crowds, hopefully we can do the same again I’m pretty confident we will.

comrade
15-06-2021, 12:33 PM
I think Marvel with the roof closed and no crowds is as sterile and dull an environment you could play footy in. It's crap to watch on TV, can imagine it's even worse out there so I can understand if the energy levels aren't quite the same. I can excuse the side for having a low energy down week against Melbourne.

Going to Geelong, no roof, enemy territory, fresh after the week off, top spot up for grabs. No excuses this time.

Rocco Jones
15-06-2021, 01:05 PM
I think Marvel with the roof closed and no crowds is as sterile and dull an environment you could play footy in. It's crap to watch on TV, can imagine it's even worse out there so I can understand if the energy levels aren't quite the same. I can excuse the side for having a low energy down week against Melbourne.

Going to Geelong, no roof, enemy territory, fresh after the week off, top spot up for grabs. No excuses this time.

FWIW I believe the roof was open but the sentiment remains largely the same.

comrade
15-06-2021, 01:14 PM
FWIW I believe the roof was open but the sentiment remains largely the same.

It was definitely closed.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-06-2021, 01:15 PM
We have shown that we can be spooked by the occasion when Richmond at the MCG came at us we seemed a bit spooked by what we could achieve.
We need to be fierce about the contest v Cats.
This is the game of the season for us to date.
If we win...

Dogs by 17 pts.
FG Macrae.
BOG Bontempelli

bulldogtragic
15-06-2021, 01:15 PM
It was definitely closed.

Correct. Changed to be closed a day before we played.

DOG GOD
15-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Our mids have to be on top and they have to run both ways. If Geel are on top in the centre bounce our backs have no chance against Hawkins and Cameron in particular…and if we bomb it in hoping Naughton can take 10 contested marks, we will be playing into their hands. Let’s see if we have the mental maturity to pull off a victory.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-06-2021, 01:26 PM
Surely worse for Cats who rely on Selwood getting looked after.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-06-2021, 01:59 PM

Yeah I totally understand it. Playing in front of a crowd will always give you that extra bit. But for some reason it affects us more than the opposition.

Sedat
15-06-2021, 02:13 PM
I'm less worried about the non-crowd (although we have a decent sample size of listless performances in empty stadiums) and more worried about the dimensions of that toy ground with no wings. We don't win there even when Geelong are average (such as 2015).

Actually I don't think we've won there since 2003, whereas they live and breathe and train there every day - they've barely ever lost there against anyone since their dynasty started 15 years ago.

Bulldog4life
15-06-2021, 02:14 PM

So would our players according to Caleb in an interview I saw a while ago.

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 02:40 PM
I'm less worried about the non-crowd (although we have a decent sample size of listless performances in empty stadiums) and more worried about the dimensions of that toy ground with no wings. We don't win there even when Geelong are average (such as 2015).

Actually I don't think we've won there since 2003, whereas they live and breathe and train there every day - they've barely ever lost there against anyone since their dynasty started 15 years ago.

Love to know the thinking behind the ground dimensions historically.
It's not like they are pushed for space. Anyone know why?

Was just reading when they played a T20 international there it didn't meet the ICC regulations for an oval so the pitch was on an angle. Meant there were short areas at fine leg, but square of the wicket complied.

---

In order for the narrow ground (normally used for Australian Rules football) to comply with International Cricket Council guidelines, the drop-in pitch has been laid off-centre on a northeast to southwest angle.

Traditionally, the pitch at Kardinia Park has followed the goalpost-to-goalpost line, but the 115m-wide ground failed to meet ICC’s guidelines, which demand a distance of at least 137.16m boundary-to-boundary square of the wicket.

The subtle shift opens up more space square of the wicket, allowing the ground to satisfy those requirements, which also dictate that the shorter of the two square leg boundaries must be at least 59.43 metres long.

ratsmac
15-06-2021, 02:47 PM
It's certainly an uphill battle there in G town. In saying that this year we have broken a few hoodoo's already so no reason to stop now. Freo at home for some reason always find a way to beat us but this year we won. We never seem to win a lot of games on the trot, we started this year on fire. Saints and Norf always trouble us, we sorted them out. Beating Geelong in Geelong in almost a myth for the dogs but this year is different. Huge challenge but this is the team that can do it.

Dangerfield licks his lips when he comes up against us so I really do hope we have a plan for him if he looks like he's in one of those moods. As for Hawkins and Cameron, I fear we can't control both. We have to cut off the supply it's as simple (not so simple) as that.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-06-2021, 02:48 PM

Was just reading when they played a T20 international there it didn't meet the ICC regulations for an oval so the pitch was on an angle. Meant there were short areas at fine leg, but square of the wicket complied.

---

In order for the narrow ground (normally used for Australian Rules football) to comply with International Cricket Council guidelines, the drop-in pitch has been laid off-centre on a northeast to southwest angle.

Traditionally, the pitch at Kardinia Park has followed the goalpost-to-goalpost line, but the 115m-wide ground failed to meet ICC’s guidelines, which demand a distance of at least 137.16m boundary-to-boundary square of the wicket.

The subtle shift opens up more space square of the wicket, allowing the ground to satisfy those requirements, which also dictate that the shorter of the two square leg boundaries must be at least 59.43 metres long.

What a joke of a ground. AFL shouldn't allow games to be played there. In fact, they should just demolish it, right Sedat?

bornadog
15-06-2021, 03:02 PM

In the past Whitten Oval was about the same length as Kardinia Park, but since the Footscray Bulldogs starting playing the ground playing area has been reduced./ Geelong have also slightly reduced the length as well.

Some Ground Size Comparisons:

GMHBA Stadium - 170m - 116m
MCG - 161m - 138m
Marvel Stadium - 160m - 129m
Mars Stadium - 160m - 129m
Adelaide Oval - 167m - 123m
Cazaly’s Stadium - 165m - 135m
Optus Stadium - 165m - 130m
Blundstone Arena - 160m - 124m
Metricon Stadium - 158m - 134m
Gabba - 156m - 138m
SCG - 155m - 136m

Sedat
15-06-2021, 03:28 PM
What a joke of a ground. AFL shouldn't allow games to be played there. In fact, they should just demolish it, right Sedat?
Bit too late to demolish it, seeing as well over $300m of tax-payer largesse has already been ploughed in to fund its multi-stage redevelopment. And still it is barely mid 30's capacity.

bornadog
15-06-2021, 03:37 PM
There is still a chance for crowds Friday.

jeemak
15-06-2021, 03:38 PM
Bit too late to demolish it, seeing as well over $300m of tax-payer largesse has already been ploughed in to fund its multi-stage redevelopment. And still it is barely mid 30's capacity.

But Geelong give so much back and rarely ask of anything from the AFL and broader communities.......

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Not a bad insight into how they play the narrow ground.

Own the corridor, force you wide, don't press too high as they want a long kick into defence for their intercept markers.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-s-extra-defender-a-key-to-kardinia-success-20180720-p4zsny.html

bulldogsthru&thru
15-06-2021, 04:00 PM

Own the corridor, force you wide, don't press too high as they want a long kick into defence for their intercept markers.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-s-extra-defender-a-key-to-kardinia-success-20180720-p4zsny.html

Isn’t that essentially how Melbourne beat us?

jeemak
15-06-2021, 04:05 PM

Wouldn't a pressing defence stifle shorter ball movement and encourage longer kicking to lurking defenders? If the defenders are sitting back then there's surely more opportunity to find a shorter target.........

jeemak
15-06-2021, 04:06 PM

It's pretty much how every team beats every other team. The main differentiator is pressure at the contest and just after the contest.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-06-2021, 04:09 PM
There is still a chance for crowds Friday.

Insert Lloyd Christmas Meme

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Wouldn't a pressing defence stifle shorter ball movement and encourage longer kicking to lurking defenders? If the defenders are sitting back then there's surely more opportunity to find a shorter target.........

I think on the narrow ground their mids can clog the middle without their wings needing to be as wide. So their half backs don't have to push up as much, they own the corridor using their mids/wings.
(I've put no thought into this but I'm running with it).

Happy Days
15-06-2021, 04:15 PM

Firstly, thanks for posting and don’t take anything I’m about to say as an attack on you. But;

I’ve really got a problem with this sort of analysis. “Owning the corridor” and “avoiding intercept markers” are fine and logical ideas on paper, but are terribly difficult to actually execute/succeed with.

Say we do attack the corridor against Geelong. Say we turn it over in doing so, which is likely considering we’ve been forced wide in the first place. Does the resulting opportunity that Geelong will have to attack our biggest weakness (one on one defending inside 50) and play to their biggest strength actually put us in a better position that going wide and likely maintaining possession or forcing a stoppage? I’m not convinced.

Also re avoiding intercept markers - this is HARD for a number of reasons. The intercepters are positioned in the space that is also most likely to lead to scores if we split the contest, as opposed to “lowering the eyes” and hitting a lead on a shallow entry, where the margin for error is so high and even if everything works it only leads to a 3/10 or so shot at goal. Hitting leading players under AFL-level pressure is an elite skill and it can’t be expected of players with every entry. Not to mention the consequence of messing these kicks up is just as bad and if not worse than having an intercept mark taken 15m out from goal.

These are nice ideas but if they worked consistently then everyone would do them.

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 04:16 PM

Pretty much. I think the distinction the author makes (on advice from a mystery oppo coach - might be a dentist?) is that they use the narrow boundary as an extra man almost, which means they don't need to push up defenders.

comrade
15-06-2021, 04:18 PM
These are nice ideas but if they worked consistently then everyone would do them.

Basically, the key to beating Geelong at Geelong is playing out of your skin.

jeemak
15-06-2021, 04:32 PM
I think on the narrow ground their mids can clog the middle without their wings needing to be as wide. So their half backs don't have to push up as much, they own the corridor using their mids/wings.
(I've put no thought into this but I'm running with it).

Possibly. Visiting sides seem to kick it OOB when going longer down the line as well.

I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but the short diagonal inboard and wide is your friend on these sorts of grounds. WCE used to take a lot of shorter and wider kicks at Subi than opposition teams would think they likely would, putting chains of possession together and taking a lot of ground quickly. They still use the style of play at Docklands to solid effect.

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 04:37 PM
Firstly, thanks for posting and don’t take anything I’m about to say as an attack on you. But;

I’ve really got a problem with this sort of analysis. “Owning the corridor” and “avoiding intercept markers” are fine and logical ideas on paper, but are terribly difficult to actually execute/succeed with.

Say we do attack the corridor against Geelong. Say we turn it over in doing so, which is likely considering we’ve been forced wide in the first place. Does the resulting opportunity that Geelong will have to attack our biggest weakness (one on one defending inside 50) and play to their biggest strength actually put us in a better position that going wide and likely maintaining possession or forcing a stoppage? I’m not convinced.

Also re avoiding intercept markers - this is HARD for a number of reasons. The intercepters are positioned in the space that is also most likely to lead to scores if we split the contest, as opposed to “lowering the eyes” and hitting a lead on a shallow entry, where the margin for error is so high and even if everything works it only leads to a 3/10 or so shot at goal. Hitting leading players under AFL-level pressure is an elite skill and it can’t be expected of players with every entry. Not to mention the consequence of messing these kicks up is just as bad and if not worse than having an intercept mark taken 15m out from goal.

Firstly : How dare you.

Secondly : Good points for sure, and I think that's the game right there. Do you second guess yourself and change it up for the ground, or do you play your style and back yourself to do what you do best.

They've won 80 percent there over the last 15 years (something like that) so it's pretty strong evidence you might need to change it up; however, you dig a little more deeply and 1.) Geelong have had one of the greatest sides ever and 2.) it's skewed by the opposition. They rarely play the best sides down there.

I'd love to see us attack the corridor and risk the loss to get the win but as you point out, it's a low percentage play and likely to expose our weakness. Be interesting to see what we do. I really don't want to see Gardner or Cordy kick it out on the full too many times that's for sure.

There's almost a world game parallel here, albeit a different scenario.
I'm a Newcastle fan, so we struggle against the big boys. Do you play a back 5, park the bus and hope to sneak one on the counter? Or do you play the way you do against middling sides and risk the 6-0. (it's usually 6-0 either way). It's obviously not a talent driver in this instance but a venue but I can see the similarity in strategic decisions around game plan considering the prior loss percentage involved.

Good discussion.

My feel is we play our way to begin with and go from there, it's worked well so far.

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 04:40 PM
Possibly. Visiting sides seem to kick it OOB when going longer down the line as well.

I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but the short diagonal inboard and wide is your friend on these sorts of grounds. WCE used to take a lot of shorter and wider kicks at Subi than opposition teams would think they likely would, putting chains of possession together and taking a lot of ground quickly. They still use the style of play at Docklands to solid effect.

From what I saw of the Pies yesterday they did something similar.

bornadog
15-06-2021, 04:44 PM
My feel is we play our way to begin with and go from there, it's worked well so far.

I agree we play our style of play and let them come after us. We had a good glimpse last year how we could play against them, but after the first quarter, we couldn't sustain it. (6.3 to 0.3 in first quarter and lost by 11)

We rarely use the corridor coming out of our backline, so I agree we need to be really careful using those narrow wings. We must not turn the ball over, or it is game. We need English lurking down the wings to take the long kick if that is what we choose to do.

jeemak
15-06-2021, 05:06 PM
I agree we play our style of play and let them come after us. We had a good glimpse last year how we could play against them, but after the first quarter, we couldn't sustain it. (6.3 to 0.3 in first quarter and lost by 11)

We rarely use the corridor coming out of our backline, so I agree we need to be really careful using those narrow wings. We must not turn the ball over, or it is game. We need English lurking down the wings to take the long kick if that is what we choose to do.

You raise a good point. Have we ever played them in Geelong with two tall forwards in form and a forward/ ruck in form all playing together in the one team? We have a different set up at present and need to make the most of it when transitioning along the wings.

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 05:15 PM
You raise a good point. Have we ever played them in Geelong with two tall forwards in form and a forward/ ruck in form all playing together in the one team? We have a different set up at present and need to make the most of it when transitioning along the wings.

Ahem...Daniel Bandy and Kingsley Hunter.

Sedat
15-06-2021, 05:30 PM
I agree we play our style of play and let them come after us. We had a good glimpse last year how we could play against them, but after the first quarter, we couldn't sustain it. (6.3 to 0.3 in first quarter and lost by 11).
From memory in-game injuries cost us dearly last year and we simply ran out of legs. Not dissimilar to what happened in Geelong in late 2016 when Libba and Macrae both went down early.

In the match last year at Metricon, we delivered quickly into F50 and also hit up the short sharp options to take their interceptors out of the equation. Long bombs to Snake never works against the Cats intercept defenders, who are stingy at the best of times and can also read the ball well in flight.

Axe Man
15-06-2021, 05:35 PM
Ahem...Daniel Bandy and Kingsley Hunter.

Don't forget Nathan Saunders to compete the trio (it's easy to do).

Grantysghost
15-06-2021, 05:46 PM
Don't forget Nathan Saunders to compete the trio (it's easy to do).

https://media.giphy.com/media/lszAB3TzFtRaU/giphy.gif

bornadog
15-06-2021, 05:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E351ueYVoAIVIxh?format=jpg&name=900x900

First one - we smashed the Pies, second one, what we will do to Cats

comrade
15-06-2021, 06:09 PM
The last time Essendon played Geelong in Geelong, Dustin Fletcher was their youngest player.

EasternWest
15-06-2021, 06:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E351ueYVoAIVIxh?format=jpg&name=900x900

First one - we smashed the Pies, second one, what we will do to Cats

Difference is there's no ball in the second one, which tells me the wrestler knows how to handball.

bornadog
15-06-2021, 08:32 PM
Difference is there's no ball in the second one, which tells me the wrestler knows how to handball.

haha :D:D

jeemak
15-06-2021, 08:37 PM

You're mean.

EasternWest
15-06-2021, 11:34 PM
You're mean.

I still want to marry Bailey but he need to iron out his flaws before he can make me kept.

jeemak
15-06-2021, 11:59 PM
I still want to marry Bailey but he need to iron out his flaws before he can make me kept.

He doesn't ask the same of you, you're a complete bastard.

EasternWest
16-06-2021, 04:02 AM
He doesn't ask the same of you, you're a complete bastard.

First point false, second point true.

bornadog
16-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Crowd of up to 7000 on Friday, members only and reside in Geelong and region

Grantysghost
16-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Crowd of up to 7000 on Friday, members only and reside in Geelong and region

Enough to moto-vate but not enough to sway Razor I like it.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-06-2021, 02:03 PM
Enough to moto-vate but not enough to sway Razor I like it.

1 is more than enough to sway the umpires in Geelong.

1eyedog
16-06-2021, 02:09 PM
How many local Bulldog members allowed in I wonder.

Grantysghost
16-06-2021, 02:15 PM
1 is more than enough to sway the umpires in Geelong.

Especially if it's this guy :

https://media.giphy.com/media/dU3L6pNBLwCjiFnqOC/giphy.gif

Grantysghost
16-06-2021, 02:17 PM

If it's at 20 percent capacity.

Mantis
16-06-2021, 03:00 PM
So en-masse we can all (Melbourne residents) head to pubs in Geelong and watch the game, but can't go the footy??.. how the state government come to the conclusions they do is bewildering.

bornadog
16-06-2021, 03:08 PM
So en-masse we can all (Melbourne residents) head to pubs in Geelong and watch the game, but can't go the footy??.. how the state government come to the conclusions they do is bewildering.

Talk to the Health department.

Bulldog Joe
16-06-2021, 03:10 PM

Government and Bureaucracy are another level of insanity.

The answer is "it is the process" and the process is more important. Logical thinking is irrelevant when you have process.

Through the pandemic Process has been often referred to as Health Advice.

bornadog
16-06-2021, 04:04 PM

This from the Club site:

The Club is awaiting confirmation of ticketing allocations for Bulldogs’ members living in and around the Geelong region, and will communicate information to those members in due course.

Vred
17-06-2021, 03:53 AM
Government and Bureaucracy are another level of insanity.

The answer is "it is the process" and the process is more important. Logical thinking is irrelevant when you have process.

Through the pandemic Process has been often referred to as Health Advice.

The fact that Ballarat fans can't go (Atleast from what I've seen) is even worse.

MrMahatma
17-06-2021, 08:06 AM

I guess it’s not really likely people will travel that far to go to the pub, but would to go to the match…?

comrade
17-06-2021, 08:58 AM
I guess it’s not really likely people will travel that far to go to the pub, but would to go to the match…?

My brother lives in Geelong and I'm driving there to watch it with him and mates at a pub (Billy Brownless' pub in fact :D).

westbulldog
17-06-2021, 10:59 AM
From afar the Victorian decisions on lockdowns etc are often bewildering, unnecessary, illogical and at times just stupid. Mind you Victoria is not alone on that score. If this game were at Optus oval in Perth 50k would turn up and a handsome profit made even allowing for flight costs. A Sydney venue would likely pull 15-20k. Kardinia Park will have no atmosphere either live or on tv.

EasternWest
17-06-2021, 02:43 PM
(Billy Brownless' pub in fact :D).

Has Garry Lyon moved in there as well?

hujsh
17-06-2021, 02:44 PM
My guess would be that encouraging travel from beyond the Geelong region as part of a crowd of 7K might increase the risk of transmission between communities? Really you just want as little chance as possible of *!*!*!*!ing up and needing to do something like increase the lockdown duration because of an own goal.

bornadog
17-06-2021, 04:33 PM
'There's an inner belief': Dogs ready for big Cats challenge (https://www.afl.com.au/news/632288/-there-s-an-inner-belief-dogs-ready-for-big-cats-challenge)

FACING Geelong at GMHBA Stadium is one of the Western Bulldogs' toughest AFL tests of the year but coach Luke Beveridge is confident his charges have the mettle to prevail.

The second-placed Bulldogs are 10-2 but their two defeats came against ladder leaders Melbourne and reigning premiers Richmond, with third-placed Geelong coming off five wins on the bounce.

"There's an inner belief - so when a team like Melbourne or Richmond just give you a little bit of a reminder of what happens when you're slightly off or there are a handful of players who have come off their best, you just recommit to everything that's worked," Beveridge said.

"We've got enough of a form line and enough evidence that what we're doing works to have faith.

"So that's all we'll do, we'll just draw on that... (it's) just another great opportunity to play against a very, very good opponent."

The Bulldogs are coming off the bye and Beveridge was confident they had found the right balance of time off and training to hit the Cats at full stride.

"With the lockdown in Victoria, we took it upon ourselves to look ahead and change our plans a little bit," he said.

"So we've had a bit of a day-on, day-off approach and I think we're fresh enough.

"But now, it's the challenge to really switch on and get back into it and bring out our best footy.

"You're never certain and regardless of who you play, you've always got to be ready but with them nipping at our toes ladder-wise, it's a pretty obvious reminder that we need to be at our best."

The Bulldogs face a stern test in dealing with Geelong's in-form forward trio of Jeremy Cameron, Tom Hawkins and Gary Rohan.

"We'll have our hands full with their guys and obviously Patrick Dangerfield's back as well, and plays a little bit of forward time," he said.

"So we need to be on our toes."

Experienced defender Easton Wood is "in contention" to return from a hamstring injury while ruckman Stefan Martin is also available.

Up to 7,000 fans, who must be members of either club and from the Geelong region and surrounding area, are able to attend the game.

Mitcha
17-06-2021, 06:51 PM
And yet none of our idiot politicians are aware that thousands of people leave their regional homes each day and travel into Metropolitan Melbourne for their employment. Needs to work both ways.

1eyedog
17-06-2021, 06:56 PM
And yet none of our idiot politicians are aware that thousands of people leave their regional homes each day and travel into Metropolitan Melbourne for their employment. Needs to work both ways.

Just on that I used a permitted worker permit last week to do some work in Drysdale. Drove straight from Metro to Drysdale, worked outside, back in car back to Metro no stopping. On the way home the high amount of Geelong commuters returning from their day's work in Metro took me by surprise, the numbers of cars coming back was quite astounding.

Axe Man
18-06-2021, 10:37 AM
Who needs a Dog tag? Lockdown Cat eyes Bont, Jack, Libba and co. (https://www.afl.com.au/news/632242/who-needs-a-dog-tag-lockdown-cat-eyes-bont-jack-libba-and-co-)

HE HAS done a number on some of the best midfielders in the competition, but Geelong's Irish stopper Mark O'Connor has perhaps never faced a test quite like the one he will come up against on Friday night.

Against a Western Bulldogs midfield that ranks No.1 for clearance differential and No.2 for disposal and contested possession differential, O'Connor's new tagging role will be put to the test against one of the competition's elite onball brigades at GMHBA Stadium.

Having emerged as an important shut-down midfielder in Geelong's thrilling round two victory over Brisbane, O'Connor thwarted reigning Brownlow Medal winner Lachie Neale in a bullying display.

Champion Data notes that Neale had just eight disposals in 91 minutes directly matched with O'Connor, who himself had an impact offensively to win 15 touches of his own, as well as five clearances and seven tackles.

That performance set the scene for O'Connor's career-best season in his new midfield role, with the 57-game Cat – recruited from Gaelic side Kerry in October 2016 – quickly moving his attentions to some of the game's other elite midfielders.

Tom Mitchell was kept to 21 disposals in 94 minutes when directly paired with O'Connor, Clayton Oliver to 17 disposals in 72 minutes, Tim Kelly to 14 disposals in 70 minutes and Travis Boak to 22 disposals in 89 minutes.

It's important to note that O'Connor hasn't spent the entirety of games matched against his opposite number, making the comparisons with their 2021 averages slightly misleading in some cases.

But there can be no doubt as to the 24-year-old's impact in a role he was only asked to start playing earlier this season, highlighting the credentials that saw him quickly elevated into Geelong's leadership group in 2020.

In addition to blanketing some of the game's best midfielders, O'Connor has also won plenty of his own footy this year. His 26 disposals, eight clearances and eight tackles in an Easter Monday win over Hawthorn complemented his shutdown role on Mitchell.

But a hamstring injury sustained in the side's emphatic victory over West Coast kept him sidelined for six weeks, before he immediately renewed his newfound position in a narrow win over Port Adelaide last Thursday night.

One week on, he will turn his focus towards the Western Bulldogs and an in-form midfield group that will feature superstar Marcus Bontempelli and his supporting cast of Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore, Lachie Hunter and Bailey Smith.

Who he goes to is another question, one that Geelong coach Chris Scott will undoubtedly have spent the week pondering and one that could swing the fortunes of the Cats on Friday night.

Bontempelli is the obvious candidate. The classy midfielder is clearly among the frontrunners for the Brownlow Medal after a season in which he is averaging close to 27 disposals, five clearances and five tackles per game, while kicking 17 goals from 12 matches.

But is he stoppable? And is Macrae, either? The latter is averaging 35.2 touches per game, leads the League in disposals, uncontested possessions and effective disposals, and is in the midst of a 24-match run where he's claimed 30 or more disposals in full length matches.

It perhaps makes Liberatore a prime candidate, especially given the success Melbourne enjoyed when James Harmes turned tagger for a one-off game and frustrated the clearance king earlier this year.

Liberatore, averaging 24.2 disposals and 8.5 clearances per match, is pivotal in the way the Western Bulldogs midfield group operates and has become the No.1 stoppage player in the competition this season.

But he was kept to just 16 disposals and four clearances against Melbourne – both clearly season-lows for the campaign – as Harmes inspired his Demons side to a stirring 28-point win.

"We need to think through it," Scott said on potential match-ups for O'Connor this week.

"Anyone could answer that question more generally by highlighting the quality of their players. They're all a little bit different and some clubs have put some work into their damaging users behind the ball like Bailey Dale and Caleb Daniel.

"Bontempelli might be the best player in the competition, Macrae is the leading disposal winner in the competition and Liberatore is one of the better contested and stoppage players.

"That's not even thinking about their players who are ahead of the ball, so we've still got a little bit of work to do to decide exactly which way we go. But if you focus your attention on one of them, the rest of them get you. We'll prioritise balance over anything."

Balance or not, O'Connor will still perform a crucial role on Friday night. Who he tags, and how limited their performance is as a result of the added attention, could be influential in the game's final outcome.

westbulldog
18-06-2021, 11:12 AM
If our backline, particularly Cordy and Gardner, stands up we win.

Happy Days
18-06-2021, 11:29 AM
O’Connor tags like a full on defender, trying to maintain body contact at all times, and can get lost in the hustle of stoppages somewhat. He got soundly beaten by Boak last week, who isn’t really known for his breakaway speed but is really clever in and under.

I hope they send him to Libba.

Mantis
18-06-2021, 11:53 AM
If our backline, particularly Cordy and Gardner, stands up we win.

Won't our backline only be as effective as the rest of our team allows them to be?

Obviously we need our tall defenders to hold their own, but we really need a strong performance in the midfield to give ourselves the best chance of winning.

Mofra
18-06-2021, 12:03 PM
O’Connor tags like a full on defender, trying to maintain body contact at all times, and can get lost in the hustle of stoppages somewhat. He got soundly beaten by Boak last week, who isn’t really known for his breakaway speed but is really clever in and under.

I hope they send him to Libba.
I hope we've learned how to protect the player targeted by a tagger. Libba got no protection against Melbourne.
Bont can just go forward and dominate O'Conner in the air, I don't think they bother. Macrae's going to out-run any tagger they send to him unless they draft Kipchoge.

Teams know if they stop Libba, we struggle (at least, we do with Dunkley out).

Happy Days
18-06-2021, 12:10 PM
I hope we've learned how to protect the player targeted by a tagger. Libba got no protection against Melbourne.
Bont can just go forward and dominate O'Conner in the air, I don't think they bother. Macrae's going to out-run any tagger they send to him unless they draft Kipchoge.

Teams know if they stop Libba, we struggle (at least, we do with Dunkley out).

I mean, Guthrie could do it no problem but he’s probably too good/valuable to them now to sacrifice his whole game.

I agree with you generally, but we won’t need as much protection from O’Connor as we would Harmes or even Serong because he’s nowhere near as clever at stoppages.

bornadog
18-06-2021, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9IVDIk3feg

Bulldog4life
18-06-2021, 05:47 PM
Dogs by 10

BOG Macrae

First Goal: Naughty

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 05:50 PM
Geel by 32
1st goal - Bonti
Bog - macrae.

Why Geel ?

1) Hawkins/Cameron/Rohan will double the goals of Naughton/Bruce/English
2) Dangerfield will get off the lease after a warm up last week
3) after the bye I’m worried we won’t hit the ground running (Melb game)
4) it’s at Geelong

*** I apologise in advance and I pray I’m way off with these points.

Jeanette54
18-06-2021, 07:22 PM
As always just happy with a win, margin irrelevant.

BOG is a Bailey, well that hedging my bets.

First goal: Libba

PS Any chance of a weather report if someone is down there ?

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 07:44 PM
Mitch in the tracksuit.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Dogs by 17 points
First Goal: Weightman
BOG: Big game Bont hopefully.

jeemak
18-06-2021, 07:58 PM
Geel by 32
1st goal - Bonti
Bog - macrae.

Why Geel ?

1) Hawkins/Cameron/Rohan will double the goals of Naughton/Bruce/English
2) Dangerfield will get off the lease after a warm up last week
3) after the bye I’m worried we won’t hit the ground running (Melb game)
4) it’s at Geelong

*** I apologise in advance and I pray I’m way off with these points.

Only four key areas where we'll get smashed? You can do better than that DG! :)

azabob
18-06-2021, 07:59 PM
McLean IN

Martin OUT

azabob
18-06-2021, 07:59 PM
Mitch in the tracksuit.

Sub of the medi variety

comrade
18-06-2021, 08:01 PM
So English is rucking solo and McLean is playing off an ACL.

Nice time to go full Bevo, I guess.

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 08:02 PM
Sub of the medi variety

What happened to McLean I wonder? From emergency to week off? Hopefully nothing sinister.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 08:05 PM
What happened to McLean I wonder? From emergency to week off? Hopefully nothing sinister.

He's playing... Martin out, Mclean in.. this worries me.

azabob
18-06-2021, 08:05 PM

He is playing mate. Replaces Martin

whythelongface
18-06-2021, 08:11 PM
Geez. That is not good. Thought maybe Sweet could come in. I like Toby but first game back against Geelong wow.

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 08:14 PM
He is playing mate. Replaces Martin

I thought that was a joke. Oh.

angelopetraglia
18-06-2021, 08:17 PM
McLean in. Wallis in. Didn't see that coming.

How wet is it in Geelong? Just got back from a run in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and it is pretty wet out there.

dog town
18-06-2021, 08:17 PM
Almost like it was a genuine late out, seems an odd choice.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 08:20 PM
Henderson replaced by Narkle too.
Think maybe the slippery surface Bevo just spoke of pre game might have influenced both teams shedding a tall

bornadog
18-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Henderson replaced by Narkle too.
Think maybe the slippery surface Bevo just spoke of pre game might have influenced both teams shedding a tall

Surely Wallis plays and McLean Medical sub

Edit: Wallis is the sub

The Underdog
18-06-2021, 08:23 PM

Nope.

angelopetraglia
18-06-2021, 08:25 PM
I do really rate Toby as a player. But it is a big call to play straight up from a 12 month spell. I should never ever be surprised with what Bevo does.

IN. BEVO. WE. TRUST.

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:25 PM
McLean IN

Martin OUT

Love it.

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Bevo saying now Toby was ready two months ago. Plus we can only pick a team on ‘training form’ at the moment. Toby has been great at training, same with Wally.

Also, we will be kicking it tonight. Too wet for the handball game.

Wood good for next week if needed.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 08:34 PM

Edit: Wallis is the sub

Bevo did say the club has been ultra conservative with Toby, and that he was probably ready 2 months ago.
He also said that in the absence of any VFL recently he'd been the standout at training.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 08:34 PM
Bevo saying now Toby was ready two months ago. Plus we can only pick a team on ‘training form’ at the moment. Toby has been great at training, same with Wally.

Also, we will be kicking it tonight. Too wet for the handball game.

Wood good for next week if needed.

Sorry didn't see your post before I responded BT

Axe Man
18-06-2021, 08:38 PM
Josh Bruce in the long sleeves!

Edit: and Naughty

Happy Days
18-06-2021, 08:41 PM
Who’s the last key forward to run long sleeves?

Personally can’t wait to hear Dermott’s thoughts on it.

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:41 PM
Josh Bruce in the long sleeves!

Edit: and Naughty

Now this is a thing of beauty.

comrade
18-06-2021, 08:42 PM
Bevo did say the club has been ultra conservative with Toby, and that he was probably ready 2 months ago.
He also said that in the absence of any VFL recently he'd been the standout at training.

Worked well for us last year...

Garcia should have played tonight if Martin was always coming out.

Eastdog
Let’s break the drought Dogs! 18 years since we last won down there. Hopefully The Bulldogs Bite being at the game will help us :)

Grantysghost
Who’s the last key forward to run long sleeves?

Personally can’t wait to hear Dermott’s thoughts on it.

James Cook?

No loaf.

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:43 PM
Let’s break the drought Dogs! 18 years since we last won down there. Hopefully The Bulldogs Bite being at the game will help us :)

I'm feeling your positive vibes Easty. They aren't that good! We are.

GVGjr
18-06-2021, 08:45 PM
Both teams have gone smaller than originally selected

DOG GOD
McLean in and English sole ruck…can I change my prediction to Cats by 52?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Worked well for us last year...

Garcia should have played tonight if Martin was always coming out.

Not sure Martin was always going to miss.
The VFL Curtainraiser didn't help options wise.

comrade
18-06-2021, 08:46 PM
Not sure Martin was always going to miss.
The VFL Curtainraiser didn't help options wise.

He hurt himself again just before the game?

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 08:48 PM
Dangerfield has polled 14 of a possible 21 Brownlow votes against us…I’m predicting a big one once again.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 08:48 PM
He hurt himself again just before the game?

Henderson was a late out too... Scott said they would not have pumped for Narkle if the VFL had not have preceded the game.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 08:50 PM
Contested mark already lol

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:52 PM
Long sleeve heaven

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:52 PM
Contested mark already lol

We have a good side. Have some faith DG!

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:53 PM
Libba is our best player.

Eastdog
18-06-2021, 08:53 PM
Great start Libba!

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 08:54 PM
Libba!

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 08:54 PM
Libba lively already…looks good.

Eastdog
18-06-2021, 08:55 PM
Libba is in some career best form.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-06-2021, 08:55 PM
At liberty to say Liberatore!

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 08:57 PM
Wtf cordy, play on your man.

kruder
18-06-2021, 08:57 PM
Wtf cordy, play on your man.

Never has

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 08:58 PM
For those playing the out on the full drinking game : scull.

EasternWest
18-06-2021, 08:59 PM
So are we just going to kick to Stewart all night?

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 09:00 PM
So are we just going to kick to Stewart all night?

That and on the full under no pressure.

kruder
18-06-2021, 09:01 PM
Slip city. Does Bailey Smith have membership to the handball club?

BornInDroopSt'54
18-06-2021, 09:02 PM
Always going to be low scoring.
We hope to break it open at some stage.
Game of attrition. Who is hardest.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:03 PM
Why is there no one on Cameron…I’m tearing my hair out.

Mofra
Can't get the ball out of D50

EasternWest
I only have two beers. No way is that going to get me through this game.

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 09:06 PM
Duncan out, Higgins in.

Win.

1eyedog
18-06-2021, 09:09 PM
I’m not sold on Hannan. Makes basic mistakes.

kruder
18-06-2021, 09:10 PM
Lacking composure we gotta be still daring with the footy we seem to go into our shell against better opposition

1eyedog
18-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Need the long stops I think boys.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:12 PM
How is that not a free to weightman ?

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 09:12 PM
No free on Weightman? BS

angelopetraglia
18-06-2021, 09:15 PM
Rohan. Cheat.

Cheats on his wife. Cheats on the footy field.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:17 PM
Intercept contested is killing us as usual.

G-Mo77
Why didn't we have Sweet as an emergency if Martin was 50/50? I'm absolutely stoked for McLean to come back but I thought this shit of getting mids and undersized to contest rucks was over.

1eyedog
Naughton having a mare

angelopetraglia
18-06-2021, 09:18 PM
Naughton having a mare

Being destroyed. He will fight back.

kruder
18-06-2021, 09:20 PM
Duryea continuing his excellent form been great again

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 09:21 PM
Cats look average we are a big chance. Naughton looks dangerous.

Stefcep
18-06-2021, 09:22 PM
Lucky at the siren there..Just once it would be nice not to concede a goal in the last minute.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:23 PM
If we are going to continue to just bomb it in, Stewart and Henry will be laughing. We need not to be so predictable. Wasn’t Naughton outmarked 3 times ? Gets outbodied too much.

G-Mo77
Cats look average we are a big chance. Naughton looks dangerous.

We don't look like scoring either. It's a horrid game of football.

bornadog
Naughton looks dangerous.

I agree, just needs to get a hold on to a few

EasternWest
Being destroyed. He will fight back.

Any chance of a kick actually to his advantage?

comrade
18-06-2021, 09:24 PM
Tom Stewart was my biggest concern pre match.

bornadog

It is total pressure.

Geelong play like this, but we need to break them open

bulldogtragic
We were poor for a few periods. Scores level is good with me. The effort is there, just need to execute better and get awarded painfully obvious frees 25m out straight in front.

Stefcep
They're cleaner with their possession and by hand, first to the contested ball, more methodical going inside 50.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
This is absorbing, if not exciting footy.
Feels like both teams really trying to prove and try and break down each other's system.
Thought we did well to work back into that Qtr.

DOG GOD

Agree. Shocking game so far.

azabob
18-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Great start with plenty of pressure around the ball.

The Bulldogs Bite
Somebody KO Stewart, please.

Awful QTR by both teams, are they wearing runners?

DOG GOD
Geelong look more dangerous going fwd.
Our fwd line congested as usual.

bornadog
18-06-2021, 09:26 PM
I still can't see why we chased Hannan

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-06-2021, 09:26 PM
Looks like Libba is primed for a huge game. He's been doing the bulk of the work this far.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-06-2021, 09:27 PM
Do footballers have long screw in stops these days. It’s like we are in moulded souls

Happy Days
18-06-2021, 09:28 PM
This ground is a joke. Have the wings gotten narrower?

merantau
It is a high pressure game. They have been a bit cleaner and used the ball better. But we have had plenty of the ball and are matching them.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
We need a few more working as hard as Libba in the contest, they're 13 ahead in contested ball. We are going to find it tough to win if we don't get an ascendancy there.

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Is McLean minding Danger?

Bumper Bulldogs
18-06-2021, 09:29 PM
We are getting hurt in the ruck tonight

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 09:30 PM
We need a few more working as hard as Libba in the contest, they're 13 ahead in contested ball. We are going to find it tough to win if we don't get an ascendancy there.

Gee that's a big gap we can't sustain that.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:30 PM
Did Cameron fart ? No one near him again.

Stefcep
18-06-2021, 09:31 PM
Mclean been poor.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:32 PM
Great stuff dogs..more sensible going fwd..lower the eyes.

Grantysghost
18-06-2021, 09:33 PM
Cody. You. Rock.

Well done Toby.

Mofra
18-06-2021, 09:33 PM
Turnovers killing us

comrade
18-06-2021, 09:34 PM
What is Bevo doing with McLean?

bulldogsthru&thru
Why oh why is McLean playing? He’s not match ready and it’s obvious.

Stefcep
WTH with the players sliipping. Completely unprofessional not to wear the right boots for the condition

Mantis
First proper centre bounce break and Toby slips over… it’s getting beyond a joke!

bulldogtragic
Too easy.

comrade
Hasn’t played a game in almost a year and coughs it up every time. Weird.

kruder
Whats going on with Keath? Looks spooked.

bornadog
18-06-2021, 09:35 PM
What is Bevo doing with McLean?
His disposal has not improved. He has turned it over so many times

jazzadogs
18-06-2021, 09:36 PM
Bews and Stewart have been great for them. Would love to a) stop kicking it to them uncontested or b) have someone stand within 10m of them.

Eastdog
18-06-2021, 09:37 PM
Libba is a beast!

angelopetraglia
18-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Good by Toby. Put his body on the line.

Bont. Wow. Bruce doesn’t miss.

Eastdog
Great stuff Bont to hit up Bruce. Goal!

DOG GOD
Well don’t Bont…keep the eyes low and get the rewards.

ratsmac
Sublime by Bont

jazzadogs
Bont's footwork on a deck that everyone else is slipping on has been great. Broke Ratugolea's ankles, then bamboozles Blicavs.

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 09:39 PM
Need to consolidate that and not cough up an easy one. Build some momentum.

Axe Man
Nice of the cats crowd to get in on the Bruuuuce chant

Grantysghost
Anyone get he feeling Daisy doesn't like the dogs? I'm sensing a vibe.

Mofra
18-06-2021, 09:41 PM
JJ!!!

Eastdog
Well done JJ!

DOG GOD
JJ appears…build some momentum now.

G-Mo77
Awesome JJ

angelopetraglia
JJ. Wow. Wow. Wow.

ratsmac
18-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Hannan doing well in the ruck.

JJ!!!!!

bulldogtragic
18-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Need to consolidate that and not cough up an easy one. Build some momentum.

See if it works again. Need to put another on.

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:44 PM
12-1 intercept marks.Naughton can’t be out bodied that easily. Very frustrating.

Stefcep
18-06-2021, 09:44 PM
Our pressure is excellent but our clear it anywhere will do kicking is horrid.

comrade
18-06-2021, 09:47 PM
Why would you have the smallest bloke in the world on the mark?

DOG GOD
What the hell is Daniel doing on the mark anyway ?

bulldogtragic
If the umpires calls touched. Why a review?

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:48 PM
Make that 14-1

Grantysghost
So the field umpire next to the ball calls touched and they do a score review?

angelopetraglia
How is that sufficient evidence to call it a mistake?

ratsmac
We have to try eliminate their intercept marking. It's killing us

DOG GOD
18-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Great stuff Bruce. Needed to respond quickly.

angelopetraglia
Bruce. DOES. NOT. MISS.

Grantysghost
These long sleeves are making me very happy.

Eastdog
Brucey!

bulldogtragic
Like Beckham.

bornadog
JUICCCCCCCCCCCe

The Underdog
Say what you like about Juicy, but that MF’er kicks those set shot goals baby.

DOG GOD
We have to try eliminate their intercept marking. It's killing us
Knock Stewart out.

Eastdog
18-06-2021, 09:51 PM
We have done well so far this game. Pressure has been good. They have been restricted on the scoreboard.

comrade
18-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Ridiculous decision from Bazlenka there. Bloke has been on another planet for the last 2 months.

Stefcep
So tell me that kick goes to 1 v 3 where are our other two who are free.

bornadog
Can Smith actually kick it to a Bulldog player

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
How was that not too high on Bailey Dale??

ratsmac
Why do we kick to 1 on 2 contests constantly.