Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
20-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Bump

Eastdog
20-06-2021, 05:32 PM
Any woofers in WA going? We have few on here.

Eastdog
20-06-2021, 05:33 PM
Margin: Dogs by 8 points
First goal: Bont
Best on ground: Libba

mjp
20-06-2021, 08:10 PM
Everyone needs to understand that this is THE most important game of the year.

PLEASE beat West Coast. PLEASE.

The level of trauma I am forced to suffer post every WC lost is indescribable.

comrade
20-06-2021, 08:11 PM
Everyone needs to understand that this is THE most important game of the year.

PLEASE beat West Coast. PLEASE.

The level of trauma I am forced to suffer post every WC lost is indescribable.

Sorry friend, with the squad we're taking over I would be booking in with the psyche for Monday morning to work through the trauma you're about to suffer through.

azabob
20-06-2021, 08:18 PM
West Coast appear to be getting a truckload of reinforcements back in.

Shuey, McGovern, Sheppard and Tim Kelly

bulldogtragic
20-06-2021, 08:35 PM
We win or lose by 50.
FG Cody
BOG Libba

Vred
21-06-2021, 12:31 AM
Margin: WCE by 30+ just going on the squad we're taking over
First goal: Libba
Best on ground: NicNat

azabob
21-06-2021, 08:10 AM
First goal: Libba
Best on ground: NicNat

You may revise your margin once you see who West Coast may be bringing in.

Shuey, McGovern, Kelly, Sheppard.

comrade
21-06-2021, 09:08 AM
Can anyone make a good case for us winning this week?

By the looks of it we're going in with one ruck with Schache as back up which is just nightmare fuel, on top of West Coast having their strongest side available for almost 2 years. Plus the quarantine stuff.

This has a smacking written all over it.

The Pie Man
21-06-2021, 11:08 AM

By the looks of it we're going in with one ruck with Schache as back up which is just nightmare fuel, on top of West Coast having their strongest side available for almost 2 years. Plus the quarantine stuff.

Yep, I’m preparing for a sizeable loss.

The quarantine stuff *might* galvanise the group, but the potential loss of the annual leave break during the season could break them.

Still feeling really flat about Friday, so that’s impacting my outlook, but I can’t see us being truly competitive Sunday (weather looks ordinary too)

bulldogsthru&thru
21-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Yep, I’m preparing for a sizeable loss.

The quarantine stuff *might* galvanise the group, but the potential loss of the annual leave break during the season could break them.

Still feeling really flat about Friday, so that’s impacting my outlook, but I can’t see us being truly competitive Sunday (weather looks ordinary too)

I actually think bad weather will help us. Reduces the impact of their tall forwards and clean ball users. Not saying we play the conditions well, but it might make the game closer and give us a chance.

bornadog
21-06-2021, 12:04 PM
Still feeling really flat about Friday, so that’s impacting my outlook

But

I take heart from the fact that we will go in with confidence:

1. We beat them early in the year
2. We won at the venue two weeks ago
3. Essendon beat them over there, so not such a fortress as previous ground.

Will be a very competitive night.

Ghost Dog
21-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Have some faith. If anyone can do it, we can. Good point that Essendon beat them there.

mjp
21-06-2021, 01:39 PM

I'm here to tell you, Bevo regularly TANKS games in Perth.

Regularly.

I haven't seen anything about who is/isn't playing but literally nothing would surprise me!

comrade
21-06-2021, 01:41 PM

Regularly.

I haven't seen anything about who is/isn't playing but literally nothing would surprise me!

I asked for someone to MAKE a case for us winning!

MrMahatma
21-06-2021, 03:20 PM

Are WC at Optus better than Geel at Kardinia?

Nothing I saw last week makes me think we’re out of form. And in fact, WC bringing in a bunch of players at once could make a case for them to be out of the rhythm of footy.

We have a very talented team and while we surely are better with Martin, Dunks and Treloar in, we very nearly won against Geelong in Geelong. We beat Port in Port. Freo at Optus.

I’m not sure why everyone is so glass half empty!

MrMahatma
21-06-2021, 03:21 PM

Regularly.

Examples would help.

Ghost Dog
21-06-2021, 03:27 PM
We are going to win. We love it when it's backs to the wall.

Eastdog
21-06-2021, 04:28 PM
We are going to win. We love it when it's backs to the wall.

I’m going in with this attitude as well. Will be a tough game but I believe we can get a result. Nearly did on Friday night and probably should have won.

Mofra
21-06-2021, 04:55 PM
West Coast appear to be getting a truckload of reinforcements back in.

Shuey, McGovern, Sheppard and Tim Kelly
On paper, Geelong in Geelong appears the toughest assignment in football and we were damn close.
We're just not going to be able to compete with West Coast in the air we we just have to swarm.

Bulldog Joe
21-06-2021, 05:09 PM
Examples would help.

If you are looking at examples of Bevo tanking in Perth, have a look at the 2016 games.

DOG GOD
21-06-2021, 05:21 PM
Well, doesn’t look like I’m going to be alone this week.
If it’s true who WC have back, and with our rucks, WC mids will have a field day, and Kennedy/Darling/Allen/Ryan will be given plenty of opportunities.

So…

WC by 72 points or (38 points if it rains) we will be lucky to kick 8 goals either way
1st goal- Weightman
Bog- macrae

The bulldog tragician
21-06-2021, 05:25 PM
If you are looking at examples of Bevo tanking in Perth, have a look at the 2016 games.

The very last match v Freo you mean? There were some players who we may have selected if it was a do or die final, but who didn't play, to give them every chance to play when finals DID get underway. That's not 'tanking'.

bornadog
21-06-2021, 05:29 PM
Dogs by 15

First Goal: Weightman

BOG: Macrae

Bulldog Joe
21-06-2021, 05:47 PM
The very last match v Freo you mean? There were some players who we may have selected if it was a do or die final, but who didn't play, to give them every chance to play when finals DID get underway. That's not 'tanking'.

You are being generous.

We made no effort to win that game.

In the game against West Coast in 2015 we were very competitive for the first half and Tom Campbell (yes BTC) went down early in the 3rd. We deadset just pulled back the troops and let them win.

Trailed by 2 goals at half time and let them win by heaps.

MrMahatma
21-06-2021, 06:35 PM
You are being generous.

In the game against West Coast in 2015 we were very competitive for the first half and Tom Campbell (yes BTC) went down early in the 3rd. We deadset just pulled back the troops and let them win.

Arguably more generous to suggest we tank when really we’re out played.

bulldogsthru&thru
21-06-2021, 06:38 PM
Arguably more generous to suggest we tank when really we’re out played.

It’s a bit odd. Particularly to say we tanked mid-game!

The Freo one in 2016 maybe. But there was nothing to play for so I get it. Otherwise we’ve just been thoroughly outplayed.

bornadog
21-06-2021, 06:38 PM
If it’s true who WC have back, and with our rucks, WC mids will have a field day, and Kennedy/Darling/Allen/Ryan will be given plenty of opportunities.

So…

WC by 72 points or (38 points if it rains) we will be lucky to kick 8 goals either way
1st goal- Weightman
Bog- macrae

Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full

Mantis
21-06-2021, 07:02 PM

So…

1st goal- Weightman
Bog- macrae

Yeh of little faith.

comrade
21-06-2021, 07:11 PM
Yeh of little faith.

I'm not going full DOG GOD but I can't see a way where we snatch this one.

DOG GOD
21-06-2021, 07:29 PM
Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full

Should be ok now sorry Bornadog.

DOG GOD
21-06-2021, 07:31 PM
Yeh of little faith.

I’ll be the first to get on here and say I’m sorry if we win.

The bulldog tragician
21-06-2021, 07:34 PM
You are being generous.

We still had a double chance possibility on the very day we played Freo in 2016 if results had fallen our way. I can’t imagine we would have preferred a morale sapping loss on the ground we may have (did) had to return to for a cut throat final.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-06-2021, 08:04 AM
Don’t worry I think the squad is stinging from the cats game. They will be out not to lose two in a row. This has classic Bevo all over it. He will shuffle the deck chairs snd make something out of nothing. Also Wood back in for us is huge and it’s against the right team also. Stars are aligning once again for us.

We dealt with them at full strength at the start of year and I recon we will once again. This is our happy hunting ground after all. We run big games here.

Dogs by 18 points
BOG Keith
1st Goal Juicy.

Mantis
22-06-2021, 09:22 AM

It means little when you're predicting a 12 goal loss... I get that it looks a tough task on paper, but if we've learnt nothing from this season it is that our guys have a crack even when things are tough, so I'm expecting nothing different this week.

Have some faith and enjoy the ride!

Mantis
22-06-2021, 09:25 AM
We still had a double chance possibility on the very day we played Freo in 2016 if results had fallen our way. I can’t imagine we would have preferred a morale sapping loss on the ground we may have (did) had to return to for a cut throat final.

By the time our game was played we were in a position where we couldn't move even if we had won, it was totally a dead rubber.

So factor in we were a fair way off our best team (5 changes made the next week) and it was Freo's best ever players last game it was easy to see why we didn't see that interested in busting our ass.

Bulldog Joe
22-06-2021, 09:49 AM

We played that game as the last game of the round and our double chance possibility had totally evaporated before the game commenced.

Bulldog Joe
22-06-2021, 09:50 AM

We don't want you being sorry if we win.

Bulldog Joe
22-06-2021, 09:52 AM
Don’t worry I think the squad is stinging from the cats game. They will be out not to lose two in a row. This has classic Bevo all over it. He will shuffle the deck chairs snd make something out of nothing. Also Wood back in for us is huge and it’s against the right team also. Stars are aligning once again for us.

We dealt with them at full strength at the start of year and I recon we will once again. This is our happy hunting ground after all. We run big games here.

Dogs by 18 points
BOG Keith
1st Goal Juicy.

We have won a single game only at the ground and that was in round 12 this year against Freo.

Ghost Dog
22-06-2021, 10:25 AM

Dogs by 18 points
BOG Keith
1st Goal Juicy.

Who is Juicy?

Ghost Dog
22-06-2021, 10:26 AM
Playing Divynals 'Backs to the Wall.'
All the way on this one.
6 points Dogs
First goal Bont
BOG Bont

1eyedog
22-06-2021, 10:29 AM
I think we'll lose but we'll steam roll the last 7 games to claim top 4.

Brisbane v Geelong this week helps.

Axe Man
22-06-2021, 10:43 AM
Who is Juicy?

The bloke who is currently sitting second in the Coleman Medal.

Ghost Dog
22-06-2021, 11:03 AM
The bloke who is currently sitting second in the Coleman Medal.

Ah....got it.
Bruce the Labrador turned Wolf.
He's doing extremely very well to be slightly more accurate than Tory Dickson.

Insufficient Intent
22-06-2021, 11:53 AM
Ah, what a good night's sleep brings.
Glad to see some constructive and positive vibes return to this morning's posts. Go Dogs!
When I finished reading all the depression and hopelessness last night, I was all set to play some Mahler give up buying green bananas.

The bulldog tragician
22-06-2021, 01:59 PM
We played that game as the last game of the round and our double chance possibility had totally evaporated before the game commenced.

Aren’t we talking about selection tanking? The guys we brought over and selected weren’t hastily changed when we knew we couldn’t make top 4. If you’re talking a loss of motivation out on the ground when there was little to play for, sure, but that’s not tanking.

The bulldog tragician
22-06-2021, 02:01 PM
Ah, what a good night's sleep brings.
Glad to see some constructive and positive vibes return to this morning's posts. Go Dogs!
When I finished reading all the depression and hopelessness last night, I was all set to play some Mahler give up buying green bananas.

What position would you play Mahler? Never heard of the bloke, a Bevo selection surprise?

Insufficient Intent
22-06-2021, 02:13 PM
What position would you play Mahler? Never heard of the bloke, a Bevo selection surprise?

Motovational coach!

Eastdog
22-06-2021, 02:17 PM
Who is Juicy?

Brucey! Brucey! :D:D

DOG GOD
22-06-2021, 03:44 PM
It means little when you're predicting a 12 goal loss... I get that it looks a tough task on paper, but if we've learnt nothing from this season it is that our guys have a crack even when things are tough, so I'm expecting nothing different this week.

Have some faith and enjoy the ride!

I unsterstand.
My 12 goal loss prediction is more so to the lack of scoring on our behalf. I don’t think they will risk Naughton, so I’m basing this on him not playing, and Shuey, McGovern, Kelly and Shepard coming back. With their centre square dominance, I think that will give Kennedy/Darling/Ryan/Allen plenty of opportunities. I wouldn’t be surprised if WC were 9.1 at half time.

Due to their dominance and McGovern back to intercept every time we bomb, I’d be surprised if we kicked 8 goals for the game.
So my thoughts are 20 goals to 8.

Obviously team selection will change my thinking, but we played 1 really good quarter against Freo to get the rewards. WC aren’t Freo.
Will wait and see. Hopefully we can put in a strong, team performance.

Bulldog4life
24-06-2021, 01:21 PM
Some of the Wet Toast players coming back in will be rusty.

Dogs by 11 points
BOG Bont
First Goal Brucey

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Seems it will bucket down, 10 to 20 ml.
Dogs by 14pts
FG Macrae
BOG Libba

westbulldog
26-06-2021, 10:40 AM
Toast by 20
FG Weightman
BOG Bont

I do hope I am wrong, it would be a great win on Sunday. but I don't think we are serious. We would have to lose by plenty and Port to win by plenty to lose 2nd place. I think we are looking to the run home where 6 out of 8 games are in Vic. We have gifted every ruck contest and retained Hannan for reasons unfathomable unless Bevo intends to send him to the Natanui / Allen slaughterhouse.

merantau
26-06-2021, 12:53 PM
The wetter it is the more I fancy our chances. Top spot is up for grabs if Essendon down Melbourne.

Ghost Dog
26-06-2021, 02:18 PM
Well, St Kilda did it to Richmond. Who would have thought?
Dare to Dream wonderful Doggies.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-06-2021, 01:02 PM
Mattie Lloyd picks us.
My anxiety is building.

chef
27-06-2021, 02:15 PM
No crowd allowed.

comrade
27-06-2021, 02:19 PM
No crowd allowed.

Sucks big time for all the West Aussie WOOFers planning to go, sorry guys!

It also won't help our side who generally treat it like a scratch match without crowds in attendance.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-06-2021, 02:24 PM
Poor Riley Garcia and his family. Both his games no crowds.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Poor Riley Garcia and his family. Both his games no crowds.

What a shame for them.

Hopefully we don't have to quarantine when we get back to Melbourne.

comrade
27-06-2021, 02:32 PM
What a shame for them.

Why would we? We've been in quarantine all week, they've had 1 case over there and there are still local cases in Victoria anyway.

Rocco Jones
27-06-2021, 02:34 PM
Why would we? We've been in quarantine all week, they've had 1 case over there and there are still local cases in Victoria anyway.

Yep. We also don't have McGowan in charge.

jeemak
27-06-2021, 02:47 PM
Sorry WA Woofers, that's really shit!

BornInDroopSt'54
27-06-2021, 02:52 PM
We did well initially with no crowds versus Tigers.
No reason no crowds in Perth won't work to our advantage.
Diabolic for Bulldogs supporters in Perth. Wait all year and plan it then COVID cancellation. So near yet so far.

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 02:53 PM
What a shame for them.

Can we get the Eagles to wear masks during the game? We need to be protected from the walking infected over there in Perth.
On a serious note, that's pretty sh1t for WA woofers. Condolences.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 03:02 PM
Can we get the Eagles to wear masks during the game? We need to be protected from the walking infected over there in Perth.

Sucks big time.

Let's get the win for all the woofers

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 03:11 PM
Sucks big time.

Let's get the win for all the woofers

Hear hear.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 03:11 PM
No Crowds hurts WC more me thinks

West Coast coach Adam Simpson credited the rollicking Perth Stadium straight after the stunning comeback against Richmond.

“Our crowd really helped, 50,000. It was a great response from our players in the last 10 minutes.”

No crowd a savage blow both on and off the field today.

Sedat
27-06-2021, 03:12 PM
Yep. We also don't have McGowan in charge.
Is Geraldton, Broome and Halls Gap closed down as well? Can never been too careful

Feel so sorry for the WA woofers. And I feel sorry for West Coast - they would have budgeted for a big crowd, not to mention ground staff, catering companies and numerous other industries who have been decimated by this snap decision. At least everyone is safe aye.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-06-2021, 03:13 PM
We did well initially with no crowds versus Tigers.
No reason no crowds in Perth won't work to our advantage.
Diabolic for Bulldogs supporters in Perth. Wait all year and plan it then COVID cancellation. So near yet so far.

No crowd vs Tigers??

bulldogsthru&thru
27-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Is Geraldton, Broome and Halls Gap closed down as well? Can never been too careful

Feel so sorry for the WA woofers. And I feel sorry for West Coast - they would have budgeted for a big crowd, not to mention ground stuff, catering companies and numerous other industries who have been decimated by this snap decision. At least everyone is safe aye.

All the food wastage too. So close to game time the cookers would have been burning.

EasternWest
27-06-2021, 03:18 PM

Surely they could let just WA based Bulldogs fans in. Social distancing wouldn't be a problem.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 03:23 PM
Surely they could let just WA based Bulldogs fans in. Social distancing wouldn't be a problem.

Scaggers up one end MJP the other and Westbulldog on the wing? Have I missed anyone?

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 03:24 PM

I can't see any issues with this idea.

comrade
27-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Sounds like all the rain has passed through so those boggy wet conditions we were hoping for looking pretty unlikely.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-06-2021, 03:28 PM
No crowd vs Tigers??
Freudian slip. Used to ignoring Tiger supporters.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 03:30 PM
FINAL TEAMS: No late changes

sub: Mitch Wallis

GVGjr
27-06-2021, 03:32 PM
Terrible shame for all AFL supporters in the West but especially our Bulldogs contingent and our WA based WOOF members.
How would you be flying over there for the game and for this to happen at the last minute?

I don't think it changes much for us as the aim is still to come away with the 4 points.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 03:34 PM
Terrible shame for all AFL supporters in the West but especially our Bulldogs contingent and our WA based WOOF members.
How would you be flying over there for the game and for this to happen at the last minute?

I don't think it changes much for us as the aim is still to come away with the 4 points.

Poor old Garcia, his family misses for the second time

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Dogs by 13 points
First goal: Weightman
BOG: Bont

GVGjr
27-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Poor old Garcia, his family misses for the second time

Lets hope he has a good game from him and of course for a Bulldog win.

Danny the snakeman
27-06-2021, 03:43 PM
Was all ready to go and saw the news flash. Not happy.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 03:46 PM

I was trying to remember you Danny - bad luck mate.

comrade
27-06-2021, 03:47 PM

Sorry to hear mate, absolutely sucks.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 03:50 PM

I feel for you.

GVGjr
27-06-2021, 03:50 PM

Sorry to hear that Danny.

Eastdog
27-06-2021, 04:05 PM

Sorry to hear mate. Yeah would have been good to have some WA Bulldog fans there today. I’m keen to get to the game next week at Marvel if all is well up until then.

mjp
27-06-2021, 04:11 PM

I'm not sure Optus is big enough for me AND my ego!

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure Optus is big enough for me AND my ego!

Can you just park in the car park and toot your horn when (if?!) we kick a goal.

Go_Dogs
27-06-2021, 04:15 PM
Does no crowd help us? Poor record without fans.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 04:17 PM
Can you just park in the car park and toot your horn when (if?!) we kick a goal.

There is an idea during Covid. Play at a country ground and cars can park around the perimeter. Covid safe and some atmosphere.

Could have played this game next door on the training oval. :D

Eastdog
27-06-2021, 04:24 PM
Lively start. Need to take our chances.

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 04:25 PM
Weightman superb.

Eastdog
AstroNaught has lifted off!

jeemak
Apparently that wasn't sliding into Bruce.

Great work Cody, and nice finish Naughts.

Good start intensity wise.

G-Mo77
Your goal Flea. That was awesome

Mantis
27-06-2021, 04:26 PM
Really promising start… brilliant work by Cody there.

Eastdog
27-06-2021, 04:28 PM
Really promising start… brilliant work by Cody there.

I have been very impressed with him this season. Has come along well.

comrade
Eagles just don't miss.

bulldogtragic
Like last week. Work out arses off, give them an easy one.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 04:29 PM
Smith has started well.

comrade
Jesus this surface is garbage.

Mantis
Is Hunter the worst exponent of a handball ever?

Eastdog
Like last week. Work out arses off, give them an easy one.

Need to get the rewards.

DOG GOD
Gotta get these set shots. Cmon Bruce

The Underdog
Solid start by English in the ruck.

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:30 PM
Can't miss those against the Eagles.

Mantis
27-06-2021, 04:31 PM
*!*!*!*!!!

jeemak
*!*!*!*! Naughton.

comrade
*!*!*!*! off Naughts.

MrMahatma
Oh GGF!

That’s not good enough.

Grantysghost
Naughton hurting my brain.

The Underdog
Aaron Naughton’s set shots are gonna kill me

Eastdog
27-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Bad misses from Bruce and Naughton. Very gettable. Have to get those ones.

ratsmac
*!*!*!*!en hell Naughts

MrMahatma
Can’t miss them away from home. Keeps the crowd in it…

… oh wait

DOG GOD
Just can’t afford to miss those. We have all the play and nothing to show for it.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2021, 04:33 PM
Bloody waste

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:34 PM
Just can’t afford to miss those. We have all the play and nothing to show for it.

Especially when you know they'll kick everything.

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:35 PM
All over them.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 04:36 PM
This has got 1.10 all over it

bulldogtragic
27-06-2021, 04:36 PM

Leas by six behinds…

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 04:38 PM
Conditions and crowd considered we are never going to get a better chance against these guys in Perth.

Eastdog
Good stuff Garcia to Bont. We deserved that for all our dominance.

comrade
Cody absolutely killing it so far.

jeemak
Come on lads. Good stuff from Garcia, Hannan and JJ have both started well.

DOG GOD
Well done Bont. Playing a very team orientated game. Keep it going.

MrMahatma
27-06-2021, 04:39 PM
Great goal and finish. We can almost ice them if we have a good 5 minutes here.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 04:40 PM
No easy goals lads

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:40 PM
Dale has to take that defensive mark.

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:41 PM
Keath has to take NicNat in the forward 50 ruck contests. Just going to bully Timmy.

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:44 PM
Garcia is just an animal.

jeemak
27-06-2021, 04:45 PM
I'm so *!*!*!*!ing sick of it.

DOG GOD
Naughton and Bont. Same old same old. This game should be over.

BornInDroopSt'54
Painful misses.

MrMahatma
We are horrible in front of goal. Horrible

Eastdog
FFS Dogs!

Grantysghost
Marcus Marcus Marcus.

Mantis
This game should be over.

The Pie Man
27-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Bont should start snapping set shots like McKay

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 04:47 PM
If they get one in the last 2 mins I’m gonna spew

BornInDroopSt'54
27-06-2021, 04:49 PM
Dominate and don't want to score!
A professional golfer would not miss a similar shot as often. Exhaustion is not an issue.
From such a situation Bont must have a reliable technique. Talent and uncertainty are not enough. Kills us.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Geez hate to see the inside 50’s

comrade
27-06-2021, 04:50 PM
What a *!*!*!*!ing waste of a dominant quarter.

jeemak
27-06-2021, 04:51 PM
Overall positive start across all lines but the wastefulness is as annoying as always.

Mantis
So much to like about that qtr, except the most important part… just got to get reward for effort on the scoreboard.

whythelongface
Dominate and lead by only 13. Should be closer to 30. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.

Bumper Bulldogs
27-06-2021, 04:52 PM
Didn’t we go get a goal kicking coach. Oh well. We are all over them and have come to play.

I’m really hoping that those three easy misses aren’t the difference in a tight game

ratsmac
If we lose this game it was the wasted opportunities in that quarter. Other than that we are here to play which is a GREAT sign for playing in perth

Grantysghost
Marcus missing on the favoured side from there is inexplicable.
So much goal to aim for. Bah.
Great start, we've got them around the contest, and the setup behind the ball looks solid.

bornadog
We cre dominating this game, goals will come if we keep this pressure going for 4 quarters

merantau
27-06-2021, 04:53 PM
Dominant, committed performance. Keep the foot down boys. They don't like it when the conditions aren't pristine.

comrade
Scott has been really good in the clinches, finding his way at this level now.

Happy Days
Left a lot of money on the table that quarter.

This is not a fun watch. Nicnat looks like he's going to do something seriously good at every stoppage.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 04:54 PM
Love our work around the stoppages and we seem to be welled oiled with where to be when they have the ball. Just cannot miss those easy set shots. Unforgivable for AFL players. Good team effort. Loved the hit by Garcia on Barrass. No weak link as yet, with smith, Hannan, JJ, Garcia and scott all involved.

Bumper Bulldogs
27-06-2021, 04:54 PM
We all at Ed they hut goal kicking is an issue but that Ashley de. We need to come out one crack in the second quarter. I think that will break them. They have a few players brought in underdone and the heavy ground won’t do them any favours.

Go_Dogs
27-06-2021, 04:55 PM
One more goal would’ve been nice. They’ll bounce back.

Pleasingly we are playing the conditions really well.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
An empty Optus stadium has certainly taken away West coast's main advantage. The wet is also helping us, they don't like the ball on the deck, and in tight.
Should be 2 goals further in front though, with Naughts and Bont missing absolute sitters.
Love the intent and work rate, just got to tidy up the finishing.

Happy Days
Naughton and Bont kick their misses and this is just about over.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 04:56 PM
BOnt Macrae 10 disp each, Smith playing better with 9, JJ 8, Hunter 8

Got keep this up

BornInDroopSt'54
Geez hate to see the inside 50’s
No need for you to be muzzled despite your prediction.
Haha. Glad you look likely to be happy to be wrong.

comrade
An empty Optus stadium has certainly taken away West coast's main advantage. The wet is also helping us, they don't like the ball on the deck, and in tight.
Should be 2 goals further in front though, with Naughts and Bont missing absolute sitters.
Love the intent and work rate, just got to tidy up the finishing.

I dunno, some of the umpiring was woeful. That dangerous tackle call against Garcia, wow.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
We all at Ed they hut goal kicking is an issue but that Ashley de. We need to come out one crack in the second quarter. I think that will break them. They have a few players brought in underdone and the heavy ground won’t do them any favours.

I think you might be having a stroke?;)
What the heck does that sentence mean.

macca
27-06-2021, 04:58 PM
first quarter: 10 scoring shots to 2
contested possession count: 47 to 27

only 2 goals from it. Really need to convert these opportunities and domination.

comrade
Brucey's hands on the deck have been woeful.

DOG GOD
Great stuff JJ

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
JJ bringing some real heat defensive pressure wise.

kruder
How good was Garcia’s tackle, the kinda grunt this side needs

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:00 PM
English needs to get out of the D50 and let Keath take the ruck.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:00 PM
Just can’t allow them to come out too easily. Need that fwd pressure consistently.

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:01 PM
This is *!*!*!*!ed.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:01 PM
20-9 inside 50’s

MrMahatma
27-06-2021, 05:02 PM
This is bad, even by our lofty standards

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:04 PM
One goal will break them here.

Mantis
27-06-2021, 05:06 PM
This is ludicrous!

MrMahatma
I feel sick

DOG GOD
Keep it away from Naughton please

Eastdog
This is not funny.

jeemak
JJ should have had the shot.

G-Mo77
27-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Everything is near perfect today but this goal kicking is diabolical.

Bumper Bulldogs
More missed opportunities

Grantysghost
JJ looks good today. Naughts you're awesome but.

DOG GOD
Where’s the rain…WHERES THE RAIN ????

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 05:08 PM
How can you get bumped in the head right in front of the umpire and no free?!

jeemak
27-06-2021, 05:08 PM
No free kick to JJ.

That's a *!*!*!*!ing disgrace. Ryan should get a week or two for that.

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:09 PM
Watch him kick this with ease.

Mantis
27-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Remote through the TV if he kicks this.

DOG GOD
If this becomes a dry game, we are screwed

hujsh
Odds Kennedy kicks this?

hujsh
Let off phew

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:11 PM
How much petrol are we using this half? Gotta get reward…ffs

GVGjr
I hope we don't run out of petrol tickets later on given we should be 30 points up now

comrade
How can you pay that?

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:12 PM
15? Yeah right

Eastdog
No good Dogs! No good!

comrade
This is *!*!*!*!ed. I'm almost at the point of turning it off through sheer frustration.

DOG GOD
They’ll probably be in front at half time lol

Eastdog
We have played well but we have not played well on the scoreboard.

Grantysghost
Get it back dogs.

ratsmac
10 metre kick paid as marks. Ok

G-Mo77
27-06-2021, 05:13 PM
15? Yeah right

I find they seem to give a bit more leeway when it's wet. I hope our next 5 - 10 metre kick gets paid.

DOG GOD
If he misses this…

jeemak
I'm about to throw up with this in Bont's hands.

Eastdog
JJ been good.

BornInDroopSt'54
Place kick it Bont.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Where are the bloody umpires?

jeemak
Good boy Marcus.

Come on Dogs!

Eastdog
Bont! Finally!

G-Mo77
Finally!!

Grantysghost
Hey it went through the big sticks!

ratsmac
27-06-2021, 05:15 PM
JJ is the only one looking for someone inside 50. The rest are bombs. Nice goal Bont

jeemak
27-06-2021, 05:15 PM
*!*!*!*! you umpires, how is that not a throw against Ryan.

*!*!*!*! you.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 05:16 PM
Hey it went through the big sticks!

What are they?

kruder
Created the pressure and had the composure well done JJ

MrMahatma
Great play Gardner

BornInDroopSt'54
27-06-2021, 05:17 PM
Is Gardiner is good.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:17 PM
Can someone do a rain dance. They look like they’ll score every entry at this rate

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:18 PM
Need another one.

Eastdog
27-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Can someone do a rain dance. They look like they’ll score every entry at this rate

Bring it back!! :D

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:19 PM
They are seriously getting back into this. We desperately need a goal

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:20 PM
Dale would like that minute back. Horrible kick and a shit tackle.

Eastdog
27-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Great marking Naughts to Mclean goal!

DOG GOD
Thank god he hand balled that off. Great stuff.

Grantysghost
McLean that's the template. Always run past Naughton for the hands!

jeemak
27-06-2021, 05:24 PM
Yeah that's a great team goal. Not prefect execution from Hannan or Richards but they kept at it, great hands Naughton and nice for him to bring Toby into it. Great stuff.

MrMahatma
Richards has been good!

BornInDroopSt'54
How good are we?
Percentage builder!
Covid champions.

G-Mo77
Lovely Naughts! And well done to Richards, he's done some good things this quarter

Eastdog
Bont = Bulldog beast!

comrade
27-06-2021, 05:27 PM
*!*!*!*!. In terms of hardness and pressure, it was our best half of the year. Should be 8 goals up.

To get the game back on our terms in the last 10 minutes was fantastic.

jeemak
27-06-2021, 05:27 PM
BT sounds surprised that his most earnest of barracking for WCE hasn't managed to get them to square.

jeemak
27-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Now the half time hosts are at it.

Bumper Bulldogs
Is Bont the best player in the AFL this year. He has to win the Brownlow

bulldogtragic
18 shots in a half at west coast. That’s usually devastating on the scoreboard.

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:29 PM
*!*!*!*!. In terms of hardness and pressure, it was our best half of the year. Should be 8 goals up.

To get the game back on our terms in the last 10 minutes was fantastic.

I agree. This hardness is what we should be bringing every week. Let’s hope we don’t fall off and can keep that going. It really is a team effort atm. Everyone is playing a part. Smith has been great.

Mantis
That’s as good as we can play, except for missing 3-4 very gettable goals.

Really impressive stuff so far… let’s keep it going!

whythelongface
Let’s hope the heavens open up in the 2nd half

Happy Days
This is too stressful I’m gonna go walk the dog.

AshMac
27-06-2021, 05:30 PM
Great half of footy. We’re harder at it, tackling better and have a game plan suited to the conditions. Scoring a big issue of course - game should be packed away and the boys on a flight home by now….

Mantis

Yes he is… yes he will.

MrMahatma
Like Richards.
Like Smith.
Like Garcia.
English doing well.

Another 15 min of that an the dam wall bursts surely!

Grantysghost
27-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Let’s hope the heavens open up in the 2nd half

I checked the radar it's looking clear unfortunately.

merantau
We have shown them how to play in adverse conditions. I am very happy with the pressure all over the field. We are in this SEASON up to our necks.

Grantysghost
Like Richards.
Like Smith.
Like Garcia.
English doing well.

Another 15 min of that an the dam wall bursts surely!

Those 3 are all very similar types aren't they. Got some muscle in the side.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-06-2021, 05:32 PM
I weep that our incredible efforts around the ground are stuffed up by goal kicks kinder garden kids could kick.

bornadog
27-06-2021, 05:33 PM

16 disposals, 2 goals and 7 tackles to half time - STAR

DOG GOD
27-06-2021, 05:33 PM
Garcia/Scott both have a clay smith about them. Hard at it. I pressed with some of Garcia’s body work in particular.

Testekill
27-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Bazlenka playing very well today. Maybe his best of the season