PDA

View Full Version : Three things you've learned. Round ten 2021 v St Kilda

Twodogs
21-05-2021, 06:41 PM
Alright everyone tell us three things that you know now that you didn't know before the game.

GVGjr
22-05-2021, 09:48 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
22-05-2021, 10:31 PM
1. I’m going to go full Michael Douglas in Breaking Down if the Kossie BS continues. Weightman is a jet. Be wrapt with this!!!
2. Sweet got his best test yet. He’s getting better every week.
3. We have the hard, ruthless edge we’ve all wanted to see.
4. When JJ runs and tackles, he’s damn effective as a forward.

EasternWest
22-05-2021, 10:49 PM
1. JJ has had two good games in a row as a small forward. I was particularly impressed tonight with all the team things he did and his pressure was excellent.
2. Weightman is a beauty.
3. Hannan is actually ok.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-05-2021, 11:08 PM
1. The dudes who were down on form, have lifted. Hannan, JJ, Crozier, look to have turned a corner. Hard to find a weak spot now.
2. Our defense on paper looks to be our achilles heel......but if teams are unable to expose it, and so far, they've found it hard, we're a hard team to coach against.
3. Bont has another gear... who new..

westdog54
22-05-2021, 11:13 PM
1. We've put a premium on recruiting football smarts. Everyone seems to just get to the right spot at the right time.
2. There's a relentless edge to this team that I've never seen in any other Bulldogs team.
3. Cody Weightman is an infectiously happy young man.

Something I reconfirmed tonight: Bradley Hill is a downhill skier of the highest order.

whythelongface
22-05-2021, 11:16 PM
1. This team is getting better and better. They will be seriously hard to beat.
2. Jordan Sweet is going to be a very handy ruckman (if he is not already)
3. We have great depth where players come in and play a role - imagine this team with Dunks, English, Vandermeer among others plus Ugle-Hagen. The future is brighter than Timbuk 3 could ever have imagined

DOG GOD
22-05-2021, 11:16 PM
1. When we are HUNGRY, we have an appetite like I cannot remember
2. The pressure of JJ and Weightman is immense.
3. Cordy still makes me tear my hair out

Mutz
22-05-2021, 11:19 PM
1. Forwards bringing ball to ground has improved immeasurably.

2. Mid-field flocking together to win clearances has gone up a notch.

3. Sweet doesn’t win hit-outs but does enough to negate tussle. That said, I don’t think the way he runs around the centre circle is doing him any favours. Will he get the nod next week if English and Martin are fit?

Extra. Weightman has got the wow factor.

Testekill
22-05-2021, 11:21 PM
1. Naughton and Bruce's ability to crash the packs at speed creates so many goal scoring opportunities, it's the big difference between Naughton and King.

2. JJ seems like he's settling into his role as a small forward. Would love to have him run with Salem next week

3. We have the best contingent of small defenders in the league at the moment.

Twodogs
22-05-2021, 11:42 PM
1. This is the most ruthless collection of players I've seen in our colours
2. Bontempelli had another gear.
3. Jack Macrae will get 60 touches in a game one day

macca
22-05-2021, 11:57 PM
When the footage shows Bevo in the box, he looks like a chessmaster, always thinking on moving his pieces. Its beatuiful to watch when it clicks . He knows NOW he has the players, and they are playing an incredible brand of football. Its a pleasure to watch

we found the small forward in weightman , who is a good lead. I can see why McNeil and Scott are in the team, their tackling pressure is elite, and they are good readers of the play.

O'Roarke is just a solid player, fantastic disciplined foot soldier. Well balanced and gets to the right position, I hope he can stay in the team, as he will be a great story
Duryea - tough and steely defender. No fuss, just gets the job done.

Bonts is just brilliant. His ball pickups were brilliant today, and 4 goals is an amazing return.

Baily Dale has to be in the AA team, 91% kicking efficiency. Enjoyable to watch halfback kicking long goals from outside 50.
JJ - one of his best games as a fwd. Exhilariarting his run and chase down. If he can stick a few more tackles, and just know how to instrinctively kick for goal, he will score multiple goals

Hunter first goal mark running back to the ball shows how tough he is. One of the many selfless acts.

Genius master stroke to bring in Young, to get him to work with the forward line to learn how the system works and hard running. He will benefit and hopefully grow with Bruce and Naughton to support him.

I can see why Hannan is in the team, he is just a great natural footballer. Once he gets his speed and leap back we have another leading forward

When Cordy plays within his limits, defends well and has the support of the midfield to cut supply, cannot fault his contest. Don't really get the dislike for Cordy, we are using him to maximum of his abilities, with the right team structure.

We have a hard leading forward line with the big marking players in Bruce and Naughton . The players trust in each other and belief in the PROCESS is we are always in the game: players always in the right position, numbers at the ball, and better forward delivery.

WE have now the Big midfield depth and they are now delivering the ball into the forward line with purpose. no longer floaters into the forward line hoping for a contested mark. Macrae , Bonts, Smith, Libba just hard at contest and work tireslessly.

The pieces are all falling into play and we buried the saints, who have lots of problems with their list.

I feel the whole team, there is a few more gears for them to go. There is a ruthless edge with the players, as they all want to stay in the team.

In one of Hardwic's pressor he talks about the system and trust in the system and process, when they replace the players, and its beginning to happen with us. The players run hard all day, and defend brilliantly. Even in last quarter Sweet took that mark at the goal line, to make sure he is still defending. He wants to be in the side.

We are blessed to have a trend setter coach in Bevo, who knows where he wants this team to go, and really nurtures their ability.

I really learnt today Bevo is a chessmaster, and he knows he has the players who are maturing with the 50-100 games playing along side each other.

Really enjoying watching this team every week now.

westbulldog
23-05-2021, 01:02 AM
1. Roarke Smith is showing some good signs, he currently deserves his place, I was a doubter.
2. Jordon Sweet is getting better every game.
3. Cody Weightman adds great energy, enthusiasm and pressure acts to our foward line.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 01:09 AM
When the footage shows Bevo in the box, he looks like a chessmaster, always thinking on moving his pieces. Its beatuiful to watch when it clicks . He knows NOW he has the players, and they are playing an incredible brand of football. Its a pleasure to watch

we found the small forward in weightman , who is a good lead. I can see why McNeil and Scott are in the team, their tackling pressure is elite, and they are good readers of the play.

O'Roarke is just a solid player, fantastic disciplined foot soldier. Well balanced and gets to the right position, I hope he can stay in the team, as he will be a great story
Duryea - tough and steely defender. No fuss, just gets the job done.

Bonts is just brilliant. His ball pickups were brilliant today, and 4 goals is an amazing return.

Baily Dale has to be in the AA team, 91% kicking efficiency. Enjoyable to watch halfback kicking long goals from outside 50.
JJ - one of his best games as a fwd. Exhilariarting his run and chase down. If he can stick a few more tackles, and just know how to instrinctively kick for goal, he will score multiple goals

Hunter first goal mark running back to the ball shows how tough he is. One of the many selfless acts.

Genius master stroke to bring in Young, to get him to work with the forward line to learn how the system works and hard running. He will benefit and hopefully grow with Bruce and Naughton to support him.

I can see why Hannan is in the team, he is just a great natural footballer. Once he gets his speed and leap back we have another leading forward

When Cordy plays within his limits, defends well and has the support of the midfield to cut supply, cannot fault his contest. Don't really get the dislike for Cordy, we are using him to maximum of his abilities, with the right team structure.

We have a hard leading forward line with the big marking players in Bruce and Naughton . The players trust in each other and belief in the PROCESS is we are always in the game: players always in the right position, numbers at the ball, and better forward delivery.

WE have now the Big midfield depth and they are now delivering the ball into the forward line with purpose. no longer floaters into the forward line hoping for a contested mark. Macrae , Bonts, Smith, Libba just hard at contest and work tireslessly.

The pieces are all falling into play and we buried the saints, who have lots of problems with their list.

I feel the whole team, there is a few more gears for them to go. There is a ruthless edge with the players, as they all want to stay in the team.

In one of Hardwic's pressor he talks about the system and trust in the system and process, when they replace the players, and its beginning to happen with us. The players run hard all day, and defend brilliantly. Even in last quarter Sweet took that mark at the goal line, to make sure he is still defending. He wants to be in the side.

We are blessed to have a trend setter coach in Bevo, who knows where he wants this team to go, and really nurtures their ability.

I really learnt today Bevo is a chessmaster, and he knows he has the players who are maturing with the 50-100 games playing along side each other.

Really enjoying watching this team every week now.

That is a ripper of a post. More please Macca!

westdog54
23-05-2021, 08:42 AM

Shame it's more than three things😁

AshMac
23-05-2021, 09:18 AM
1. Thank god we have Jordan sweet on the list
2. Imagine paying $900k a year for a guy to play a negating role on a small forward
3. Brownlowtempelli

merantau
23-05-2021, 09:37 AM
1. When we ctush teams I shout at the TV less ans clap more.
2. Libba is the best in and under player going around.
3. Bont's pick ups and breakaways have gone to another level.

bornadog
23-05-2021, 10:09 AM
1. This years team is ruthless and doesn't stop giving 100%
2. Bont is at another level
3. Libba is one of my favourites

GVGjr
23-05-2021, 10:59 AM
1 - Having depth especially in ruck is so important. Well done Sweet
2 - Bailey Dale is becoming a lethal weapon for us in the back half.
3 - Keath just keeps knocking down and beating all opponents.

Happy Days
23-05-2021, 12:04 PM
1. Weightman is the most Dudes Rock player of all time. Looks like he's having the time of his life every single second of every game and has likely never had a bad day in his life. He's my favourite player now.

2. Naughton is going to kick a gigantic bag before the season is over and probably should have yesterday. The supply is too good and he's way too dangerous on the ground. His set shot kicking is mediocre but not so cooked that he couldn't feasbily hit 100% of them one time. If Bevo wasn't allergic to fun and didn't move him back for junk time he would've had 6 minimum and it's not unreasonable to say that his misses were all gettable.

3. Saints are cooked. I'm so mad at ceding on their form last year because I KNEW this would happen. They full on gave up last night and whatever was in the bathwater they drank after winning one (1) elimination final by half a goal that made them "top up" their list with McKernan and Frawley should be on the ASADA ban list.

Grantysghost
23-05-2021, 12:09 PM
1. Weightman is the most Dudes Rock player of all time. Looks like he's having the time of his life every single second of every game and has likely never had a bad day in his life. He's my favourite player now.

2. Naughton is going to kick a gigantic bag before the season is over and probably should have yesterday. The supply is too good and he's way too dangerous on the ground. His set shot kicking is mediocre but not so cooked that he couldn't feasbily hit 100% of them one time. If Bevo wasn't allergic to fun and didn't move him back for junk time he would've had 6 minimum and it's not unreasonable to say that his misses were all gettable.

3. Saints are cooked. I'm so mad at ceding on their form last year because I KNEW this would happen. They full on gave up last night and whatever was in the bathwater they drank after winning one (1) elimination final by half a goal that made them "top up" their list with McKernan and Frawley should be on the ASADA ban list.

I'm half expecting him to look at the back of his hand where he's sharpie'd the ground he's just played at, and say thankyou <insert ground here> in his post match interviews.

Bulldog4life
23-05-2021, 12:42 PM

5th in the Coleman medal kicking 27 goals 20 behinds which is better than mediocre. Improving all the time considering the forward line wasn't his go till recently.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_goal_kickers

Dry Rot
23-05-2021, 10:46 PM
1. Weightman belongs in this team (sorry Wally, West and Cavarra)
2. Earlier this season, I questioned JJ's place in this team, not any more
3. Dale is the most dangerous HBF

westdog54
23-05-2021, 10:52 PM
1. Weightman belongs in this team (sorry Wally, West and Cavarra)
2. Earlier this season, I questioned JJ's place in this team, not any more
3. Dale is the most dangerous HBF

I couldn't believe the pace at which he was running onto the ball.

JJ has passed the torch to him.

macca
24-05-2021, 12:53 AM

thanks for the support Yankee and all.

I really felt inspired watching the team on Saturday, as they are playing at another level. So thats why I kinda got that moment and saw Bevo in that box and I thought Wow, his really getting everything together and all the forces of the universe are starting to line up ( hopefully to the GF) . A lot of things have to go in your favour and maybe even luck to win the Granny, but I think Bevo has got the majority of the factors in his control, and his got the players now to do.

There is great depth in the VFL team, so everyone is competing to hold their spot. McLean is going to come back, Garcia, Vandemeer , Westy , Cavarra, Hayes, banging to get into the team and when Tim, Jong,Dunks, Gardner, Richards back from injury thats a fair list.

I really like watching Bevo press conferences, as he knows where the team done right and where they need to improve ( all in the positive aspects). When I saw Ratten's presso, he seemed tired and probably at a loss on what he needs to do with this group to get them to compete 110%. I rate Ratten as a coach but I get a sense he does not have the cattle. In stark contrast when I hear Teague in presso, his got no idea. So Bevo is like elite, zen master level, Ratten up there, and Teague is in the wilderness

Bevo has got the team to a level where they can't let their bad patches result in 4-5 goal runs and really having this stinghyness in their game, to hate to get beaten, and hate to get scored against. So the gap between their good and bad is closing, and just to stay in the game. They are really playing for each other. And really good to see how they celebrate and congratulate after their goals.

When I get sometime, i want to write on how I feel inspired by Bukus achievements. As I can empthasise with some of it as I came to australia as a refugee.

The club has managed to get a someone who has some to australia as a refugee to play at the elite level. Not many people realize how difficult life is for refugees to integrate. They do not start from zero, its actually below zero, as english is not their first language and all the cultural challenges. But it shows the wonderful support around the club to allow this young man to learn, to develop and nurture him to show him what he needs to get to that level , and "integrate" into a foreign system.

I dont want to jinx but that "premiership" window talk is going to start soon.

Mantis
24-05-2021, 07:50 AM

He still had a shot on goal in this role so it wasn't total 'neville no-fun', but why he did it was interesting... it's not often you have the opportunity to test a strategy that you might need to implement in a high pressured & important game so perhaps the chance to get some in game learnings was worth the frustraions it caused you.

That was an insipid performance, but probably not a true reflection on where they're at, but you can't be losing by 100+ points against anyone when your average game per player is over 100 (102 St.K v 86 WB) and with only 3 players having played under 50 games (opposed to our 6)... Nth had 12 under 50 when we pummeled them earlier in the year.

Agree on the last point... what were they thinking?