PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 10, 2021 vs St Kilda

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-05-2021, 05:05 PM
This is the round 10, 2021 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once the game against St Kilda is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-05-2021, 11:36 PM
Bankers

1. Bont- pure next level class tonight. Kept injecting himself into the game when it needed to occur. Not prolific, just damaging.
2. It seems like we've finally, in 2021, worked out how to link our mids to our forwards. A great mix of high balls, crumbing, and kicks to the advantage of our leads. No balls on top of forwards heads, and very few overcooked ball use inside 50.
3. Bailey Dale - his first half, snuffed the Saints out, both defensively and then his finishing.

Anchors.
1. Goalkicking.. seems picky in a 100 plus drubbing. But this could've, should've been a 150 point result.
That's all.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2021, 11:47 PM
B

Crozier’s Basketball style hilarious psyche out on the mark for a St Kilda shot in the first. Plus it worked brilliantly. Just watch it. Words dont do it justice
Sweet beating Ryder. In effort, in output, in working up and down the ground.
Our SA recruiters: Tonight: Daniel, Williams, Young, Sweet, McNeil, Keath
St Kilda: Taking Billing’s & Coffield, Koby Stevens > Tonight: Bonts, Bruce, Naughton, Young (Koby Pick)

A

Should’ve been an even bigger win. That’s scary.
The media narrative will be St Kilda are putrid, not that we are ruthless.
Treloars rolled ankle. Hopefully it’s nothing.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 12:15 AM
This needs its own to not get lost.

At 1/4 time we led by 11 Points

In the next 3 quarters, that’s 60 minutes of playing time, we added 100 more points to that lead... That’s next level insane. While missing plenty of gettable goals and hitting the post four times. *!*!*!*!ing crazy loco stuff.

bornadog
23-05-2021, 12:18 AM
Bankers

1. Macrae - works his but off

2. Libba incredible, some of his work is just phenomenal

3. Bont, what a captain what a star

Naughton 5 goals banker and 4 behinds Anchor

Anchors

1. Treloar injury

that is it

westbulldog
23-05-2021, 12:55 AM
I agree with bornadog's assessment above.

I would only add that Sweet and Roarke Smith are doing ok but still not sure about Scott, Hannan and McNeil.

GVGjr
23-05-2021, 12:59 AM
I agree with bornadog's assessment above.

I would only add that Sweet and Roarke Smith are doing ok but still not sure about Scott, Hannan and McNeil.

I thought it was Hannan's best game. Roarke did OK when it counted as well.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 01:03 AM
B: North + GCS + Saints = 301 Point Combined Wining Margin

Talk about cashing in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 01:07 AM
I thought it was Hannan's best game. Roarke did OK when it counted as well.

Hannan's performance was exactly what we got him for tonight. Roarke is now reliable. McNeil was the youngest bloke out there tonight. Didn't do much, but I am really starting to understand what the match committee are doing now. We don't need everyone to star, we just need each player to hit their marks regarding workrate and pressure.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 01:22 AM
Hannan's performance was exactly what we got him for tonight. Roarke is now reliable. McNeil was the youngest bloke out there tonight. Didn't do much, but I am really starting to understand what the match committee are doing now. We don't need everyone to star, we just need each player to hit their marks regarding workrate and pressure.

McNeil with the second most tackles on the ground, only behind Macrae.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 01:28 AM

And that's it isn't it. When you're doing that stuff, you're gonna keep your place. Not only that, you're showcasing to the Footscray boys just what it is that is going to get you a game in the 1sts.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 01:42 AM

Yep Hannan looked to finally find some form. Took some great contested grabs. And McNeil is a solid contributor. We finally have our team balance right.

RoZDog
23-05-2021, 03:16 AM
We have So Many Stars... players who buy in are worth their equal weight in gold

Topdog
23-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Also had 15 pressure acts!

Hannan had a very good 2nd half with the ball but was also good without it. 4 tackles and 13 pressure acts

ratsmac
23-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Bankers

1. Bont- breathtaking at times. I still pinch myself that he plays for us. If he continues this form the Brownlow medal is a mere formality.

2. Defensive pressure all over the ground. I don't know if last year's elimination final loss still stings the boys and they wanted some sort of retribution, but we didn't give them an inch all night. It's no wonder the aints only scored 5 goals for the match.

3. JJ. I loved his game tonight. He ran, he chased, he tackled, he intercepted, he used his pace, he kicked a goal. That's everything we want from him in that forward role. Superb!

Anchors

1. Treloar injury. Depth is really getting tested at the moment and we are just showing off how deep we run sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

2. St Kilda. They deserve an anchor. They were shite

3. Missing gettable goals. Bit harsh but if we are going to do this let's do it right!

meenies
23-05-2021, 03:19 PM

sat on the Roake Smith wing last night and he was great. As was Hannan. Both showed a lot of intensity and did some great 1%ers. McNeil needs to be managed.

Dry Rot
23-05-2021, 09:42 PM
Bankers
Defensive pressure across the park, and across 4 quarters
Brad Hill (I smiled every time he got he ball)
All 23 players, every one seemed to do their job

Anchors
Missed easy goals
Treloar's ankle
Allowing the Saints one goal in junk time

Ghost Dog
24-05-2021, 12:39 AM
Bankers - Team

Anchors - Points kicked

macca
24-05-2021, 12:56 AM
Bankers
Defensive pressure across the park, and across 4 quarters
Brad Hill (I smiled every time he got he ball)
All 23 players, every one seemed to do their job

Anchors
Missed easy goals
Treloar's ankle
Allowing the Saints one goal in junk time

I smilled when the Ball went past him and he did not lay a tackle.

Sums up the saints . I only had to wait for the first minute, when Treloar ran past him, receiving the ball. Kicked to Libba, who kicked the goal.

I think at one stage , the stat was zero tackles in one of the quarters.

bulldogtragic
24-05-2021, 08:57 AM

Sums up the saints . I only had to wait for the first minute, when Treloar ran past him, receiving the ball. Kicked to Libba, who kicked the goal.

When Bont kicks that dribbling goal from 10m out, Hill immediately turns around, arms out (to say what the *!*!*!*! are you doing) to his team mates as he looks at them. It was all their fault, and Hill just needed to let them know on prime time tv.

Happy Days
24-05-2021, 09:13 AM

Ratten’s stern defence of him to the press has probably had the opposite effect than intended. There’s zero pressure to perform on him right now, which he seems to be very much taking advantage of.

SonofScray
24-05-2021, 09:30 AM
B

Dale was sublime, the juggling dance through traffic reminded me of D Hawkins.
Libba has levelled up, again. That isometric strength he has inherited is off the charts.
Macrae’s stats read as good as any you’ll see.

A

Treloar injury a little sour note. He seemed to be getting heaps of it, but looked a bit hampered at times. Wonder if he was sore from last week.

No anchors in an awesome, even performance like that.

Ozza
24-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Bank

JJ - was really busy and impactful early and set the tone.
Bont - if you watch his highlights package on the app, two of the goals came from fantastic second efforts where he'd been involved earlier in the play.
Dale - 30+, 2 goals and unbelievable kicking from half back.

Ank

Nothing except the injuries.

Bulldog4life
24-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Ratten’s stern defence of him to the press has probably had the opposite effect than intended. There’s zero pressure to perform on him right now, which he seems to be very much taking advantage of.

Ratten's looking after their $900,000 investment. :)