PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Lockdown, May 21.

mjp
27-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear this on the news.

Sympathy to all those business owners out there forced to close their doors - hope everyone is OK.

The bulldog tragician
27-05-2021, 11:05 AM
I think this one will hit very hard. Our resilience is again pushed to breaking point. It’s a bleak grey day here in Melbourne in so many ways.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:06 AM
I think this one will hit very hard. Our resilience is again pushed to breaking point. It’s a bleak grey day here in Melbourne in so many ways.

I agree. The first (well second) time was in a way excusable because we were new to this. But I can't handle this again. This shouldn't have happened again.

By the way the northern suburbs have a lot to answer for ;)

The bulldog tragician
27-05-2021, 11:07 AM
I agree. The first (well second) time was in a way excusable because we were new to this. But I can't handle this again. This shouldn't have happened again.

I feel the same.

comrade
27-05-2021, 11:08 AM
Way flatter about it this time. No one actually believes it'll only be 7 days, do they?

1eyedog
27-05-2021, 11:12 AM
My business was only just recovering from the back end of last year and now this. Gutted.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:12 AM
Way flatter about it this time. No one actually believes it'll only be 7 days, do they?

The numbers don't look good. But it shouldn't get to the levels of last year.

The bulldog tragician
27-05-2021, 11:13 AM
Last time it felt more unavoidable given how hard it smashed overseas countries, there was a sense it was inevitable that there would be outbreaks. But with months to get quarantine and vaccine rollout right I feel much more cheated about the prospect of going back “there” again.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2021, 11:15 AM
I hope the next week flies for everyone in Victoria. I moved to NSW 6 months ago. I hope you guys get the systems and processes we have up here very soon.

Top of the AFL ladder, 160%+ :)

comrade
27-05-2021, 11:17 AM
The numbers don't look good. But it shouldn't get to the levels of last year.

By letting Indian travellers back in to the extent we did, with lax contact tracing, poor QR compliance and vaccine rollout, we've let the fox into the hen house.

Bulldog Joe
27-05-2021, 11:20 AM
By letting Indian travellers back in to the extent we did, with lax contact tracing, poor QR compliance and vaccine rollout, we've let the fox into the hen house.

Having been in SA and Qld in the last month the QR compliance with respective state apps is much more stringent.

You can't even walk into a shop in Adelaide without proof that you have checked in and every location uses the one app.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:21 AM

I don't know why people were even allowed to travel outside of Australia.

And this latest outbreak isn't really anything that can be controlled by state governments. It happened as a result of someone getting infected in hotel quarantine. It clearly doesn't work and the federal government is just avoiding responsibility of a purpose-built quarantine system. The poor vaccine rates are just putting us further behind as we watch sport in the US with packed arenas.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Having been in SA and Qld in the last month the QR compliance with respective state apps is much more stringent.

You can't even walk into a shop in Adelaide without proof that you have checked in and every location uses the one app.

Yeah our contact tracing capabilities are clearly not up to scratch. I couldn't even check-in to Marvel on the weekend. Firstly, it forces you to use the app which is just plain stupid. Secondly, the app (for me at least) just hangs every time I try to check in. I've updated it countless times and it never works. Let me use the web version straight away!

bulldogtragic
27-05-2021, 11:24 AM

Same in NSW & ACT. The apps for both make it so very easy.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Same in NSW & ACT. The apps for both make it so very easy.

It's very good in WA too.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2021, 11:27 AM
It's very good in WA too.

Why isn’t the Vic one up to scratch?

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Why isn’t the Vic one up to scratch?

Good question. One of the issues I have with it (other than it not working for me) is that it isn't a purpose built app. It's a Service Victoria app with all this other junk loaded in. Check-in is just one component of it. We need a single-use app for check-in. Anything more than the most basic app and you will get compatibility issues (which I suspect I'm getting) and confusion on where to go and what to do.

comrade
27-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Good question. One of the issues I have with it (other than it not working for me) is that it isn't a purpose built app. It's a Service Victoria app with all this other junk loaded in.

Why has Victoria been the outlier this whole time?

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Why has Victoria been the outlier this whole time?

What am I Dan Andrews? ;)

If you heard the stories about our original contract tender for hotel security, you wouldn't be so shocked as to why we have a poor check-in app.

bornadog
27-05-2021, 11:43 AM
My business was only just recovering from the back end of last year and now this. Gutted.

Good luck mate

bornadog
27-05-2021, 11:47 AM
What am I Dan Andrews? ;)

If you heard the stories about our original contract tender for hotel security, you wouldn't be so shocked as to why we have a poor check-in app.

We can't blame SA or any other State government. I don't want to get political, but at the end of the day, the Federal government has refused proper quarantine facilities. Hotels are for tourists. Furthermore, the failure to secure Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and the poor uptake of vaccinating is killing us.

FFS, this is the end of May and only 13% are partially vaccinated and only 1.6% fully

SonofScray
27-05-2021, 11:56 AM
looking a bit bleak.

I'm going to be optimistic though and run with the idea that we'll get on top of things much more efficiently than previously. We had that short "circuit breaker" last time which seemed unnecessary in the end due to systematic improvements (a long way to go still). Hopefully it tracks that way for us this time too.

comrade
27-05-2021, 12:07 PM

Not sure what sort of business it is but there anyway we can support it here on WOOF? Do you sell online or anything?

bornadog
27-05-2021, 12:16 PM
From 11:59PM tonight, there are 5 reasons to leave your home:

- shopping
- work
- exercise (2hr, w/ 1 other person)
- care giving
- TO GET VACCINATED ����������

5k limit applies

Footy no crowds ok

chef
27-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Melbourne lockdown or Victoria lockdown?

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Melbourne lockdown or Victoria lockdown?

Victoria

bulldogtragic
27-05-2021, 12:31 PM
WA, NT & SA closed borders.

If this doesn’t clear up, QLD & NSW are the only hub choices. Although it’s likely both close their borders too.

Hopefully it does clear up.

mjp
27-05-2021, 12:35 PM

If this doesn’t clear up, QLD & NSW are the only hub choices. Although it’s likely both close their borders too.

Tas?

chef
27-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Victoria

It was more a rhetorical question.

Feel your pain 1eyedog, in the same boat. Im lucky we dont rely solely on my wage.

mjp
27-05-2021, 12:40 PM
The thing I have struggled with the most over the lockdowns we have had in Perth this year is the lack of 'what next' clarity.

In a lockdown, my business closes. Fine. I have plans for operating online etc. But it is really hard to plan without clarity. As in - if there are no more cases, the lockdown will end. They tell us (in this case) there will be a 7-day lockdown - and at the end of that we will tell you what happens next. OK. So in the 2 years since this threat first appeared, please explain the criteria by which you have reached the lockdown decision AND what will trigger the re-open...

I really battle when (and again, this is a WA thing) people are sitting in pubs without masks because they are 'eating/drinking' (sure they are) whereas my business is closed despite spending a fortune to be as covid friendly (well, virus unfriendly) as possible...

If the collective CHO's could make their decision making process a little more open and a little less 'black ops' then it really would make life easier...

Twodogs
27-05-2021, 12:45 PM
How long is the Victorian lockdown initially going to be? Is it a week from 1159 tonight?

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 12:47 PM
How long is the Victorian lockdown initially going to be? Is it a week from 1159 tonight?

Until 11:59pm 3/6.

But they did say it might end sooner if everything goes well.

Mofra
27-05-2021, 12:49 PM
One of the Demons players went to an exposure site, their list is now in home quarantine.
Friday night's match looking shaky

comrade
27-05-2021, 12:54 PM

The one week lock down is scheduled to end around August.

Bulldog Joe
27-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Tas?

Tas currently only locked down to people who have been in specified high risk locations.
I am scheduled back to Tas on Sunday.

Not sure what course of action to take.

NSW have strongly indicated they won't close the border.

chef
27-05-2021, 01:00 PM
The one week lock down is scheduled to end around August.

Shut up.

1eyedog
27-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Not sure what sort of business it is but there anyway we can support it here on WOOF? Do you sell online or anything?

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I work in the environmental sciences space and service planning permit applications. Unfortunately all last year we were not an essential service as we are pre-planning i.e. we were not allowed to squeeze into the building / construction industries. I work on-site a lot and often in regional Vic so last year really screwed me. Hopefully I can still get to site while this goes on and hopefully it does only last a week or two. I'm ok it's the people I employ casually who have families that I'm worried about (again). I only just finished putting them all back on 6 weeks ago.

Grantysghost
27-05-2021, 01:02 PM
One of the Demons players went to an exposure site, their list is now in home quarantine.
Friday night's match looking shaky

Was it three monkeys at 4am? There's no hiding with Covid!

Also please be Petracca.

comrade
27-05-2021, 01:07 PM
Shut up.

Excuse me?

bulldogtragic
27-05-2021, 01:13 PM

ACT & Tassie too. QLD & NSW yet to call it. Hope this clears up ASAP from a footy perspective.

Topdog
27-05-2021, 01:14 PM
The thing I have struggled with the most over the lockdowns we have had in Perth this year is the lack of 'what next' clarity.

In a lockdown, my business closes. Fine. I have plans for operating online etc. But it is really hard to plan without clarity. As in - if there are no more cases, the lockdown will end. They tell us (in this case) there will be a 7-day lockdown - and at the end of that we will tell you what happens next. OK. So in the 2 years since this threat first appeared, please explain the criteria by which you have reached the lockdown decision AND what will trigger the re-open...

Yeah I feel this pain. I'm very much a data oriented kinda guy and having the data with no concept of the requirements is doing my head in.

As bornadog said its bloody May 2021, issue has been WELLKNOWN for 15 months now and there is still moving targets and ideas seem to come and go within 24 hours. There is still no plan for what back to normal even looks like or how vaccinated people will be treated going forward.

bornadog
27-05-2021, 01:17 PM
Excuse me?

Pretty sure Chef was tongue in cheek

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2021, 01:18 PM
Pretty sure Chef was tongue in cheek

Think Comrade was too!

chef
27-05-2021, 01:26 PM
Excuse me?

I dont need to think about shit like that atm haha

Is it too early for a G & T?

comrade
27-05-2021, 01:40 PM

Haha, go for it mate.

Bulldog Joe
27-05-2021, 01:52 PM
ACT & Tassie too. QLD & NSW yet to call it. Hope this clears up ASAP from a footy perspective.

Tas called it effective from 2.00 pm.

Doesn't give any chance to beat it so stranded in Melbourne and back to telephone and video.

jeemak
27-05-2021, 02:02 PM

I'm on my fourth for the day.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-05-2021, 02:04 PM
I'm on my fourth for the day.

'Purple mouth' approves of this

jeemak
27-05-2021, 02:22 PM
Started prepping my family for this last week, there was something I didn't like about what was going on and here we are.

Heartfelt thoughts going to all of those directly impacted by this economically and mentally.

Bulldog4life
27-05-2021, 02:31 PM
Trusting all woofers stay safe and healthy. Hopefully this mess can be sorted quickly.

DOG GOD
27-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Thinking of all those Woofers in Victoria. Hoping that this is a 7 day lockdown only and the state can get on top of this.

EasternWest
27-05-2021, 06:36 PM

I don't need lockdown for this.

bornadog
27-05-2021, 08:02 PM
People, get vaccinated.

jeemak
27-05-2021, 08:06 PM
Yep, on Monday (once the lines cool) I'll be booking in for my jab as things have opened up to over 40s.

bornadog
27-05-2021, 08:08 PM
Yep, on Monday (once the lines cool) I'll be booking in for my jab as things have opened up to over 40s.

I thought you were in your 30s?

I got the jab on Monday. Lucky because no one was around and before the outbreak.

Grantysghost
27-05-2021, 08:10 PM

Same.

jeemak
27-05-2021, 08:19 PM
I thought you were in your 30s?

I got the jab on Monday. Lucky because no one was around and before the outbreak.

Not any more mate, those glory days are behind me!

Vred
28-05-2021, 02:15 AM
So over it. Victoria seems to be the only state that can't keep it under wraps, not gonna play the blame game but *!*!*!*! it's all so tiresome.

This is the single reason I haven't quit my main job to focus on my catering / food truck yet, things are just too unpredictable, but on the flip side of that coin, it keeps me in a job I hate with all of my soul (whats left of it).

Go away corona, ffs.

jeemak
28-05-2021, 03:19 AM
So over it. Victoria seems to be the only state that can't keep it under wraps, not gonna play the blame game but *!*!*!*! it's all so tiresome.

This is the single reason I haven't quit my main job to focus on my catering / food truck yet, things are just too unpredictable, but on the flip side of that coin, it keeps me in a job I hate with all of my soul (whats left of it).

Go away corona, ffs.

Our hotel quarantine and our lockdowns are kinda in line with other states post the shit show of 2020 (check it out, plus or minus). Politics aside, let's not get too down on where we live.

One day Vred you'll get to live in the predictable world of food truck ownership and everything will be OK. Until then mate, you have our community watching your back. :)

merantau
28-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Let's cut to the chase. Quarantine, along with Defence, Immigration and Foreign Affairs among other powers, , is a Federal Government responsibility. It is written into the Constitution and there is a reason for this. It is because it is considered to be vital for the safety of the NATION.

So, early in 2020 citizens returning from China were flown into the asylum seeker detention camp on Christmas Island which has housed just one family of four for the last three years. There were no issues arising from this.

There are empty detention camps dotted over the outback that were under the control of the Fed Govt's Border Force. They are empty. Why haven't they been re-purposed?

It is negligent to use hotels for quarantine. It is suspected that the man who brought Corona to Victoria from SA hotel quarantine got the virus when he, and a person in a room across the corridor, opened their doors simultaneously and neither was wearing a mask.

The vaccine roll-out into Aged Care facilities was supposed to have been completed by March 30. Nearly 2 months later there are Aged Care centres that have not received their first shots. Aged Care is a Federal Government responsibility. We have a Federal Aged Care Minister who, several months ago at the peak of the crisis in NSW, did not know how many people had died in Aged Care. He is still in his job.

The USA has vaccinated 50% of its population. I heard last night on the 7.30 Report that we have vaccinated 5%.

How many re-call the PM's response when Corona first appeared as a serious threat? His first preference was for herd immunity! Thankfully, the health experts dissuaded him from this course of inaction. I am thankful that the Fed Govt took action to save people's jobs and livelihoods. However, the lack of action in creating a fit for purpose quarantine system now threatens the health and economic future of the nation once again. Thank God the price of iron ore is at an all-time high!

mjp
28-05-2021, 09:58 AM
So, early in 2020 citizens returning from China were flown into the asylum seeker detention camp on Christmas Island which has housed just one family of four for the last three years. There were no issues arising from this.

There are empty detention camps dotted over the outback that were under the control of the Fed Govt's Border Force. They are empty. Why haven't they been re-purposed?

My Dr mates tell me the distance from hospitals is the issue with these two solutions.

I'm with you but (apparently) there is a medical reason for this...

Grantysghost
28-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Nobody seems to blame the virus for the pandemic.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 10:03 AM
Let's cut to the chase. Quarantine, along with Defence, Immigration and Foreign Affairs among other powers, , is a Federal Government responsibility. It is written into the Constitution and there is a reason for this. It is because it is considered to be vital for the safety of the NATION.

It is negligent to use hotels for quarantine. It is suspected that the man who brought Corona to Victoria from SA hotel quarantine got the virus when he, and a person in a room across the corridor, opened their doors simultaneously and neither was wearing a mask.

The vaccine roll-out into Aged Care facilities was supposed to have been completed by March 30. Nearly 2 months later there are Aged Care centres that have not received their first shots. Aged Care is a Federal Government responsibility. We have a Federal Aged Care Minister who, several months ago at the peak of the crisis in NSW, did not know how many people had died in Aged Care. He is still in his job.

The USA has vaccinated 50% of its population. I heard last night on the 7.30 Report that we have vaccinated 5%.

How many re-call the PM's response when Corona first appeared as a serious threat? His first preference was for herd immunity! Thankfully, the health experts dissuaded him from this course of inaction. I am thankful that the Fed Govt took action to save people's jobs and livelihoods. However, the lack of action in creating a fit for purpose quarantine system now threatens the health and economic future of the nation once again. Thank God the price of iron ore is at an all-time high!

Great Post Merantau, sums it up perfectly.

With all the federal government stuff ups, we are still way better off than many countries, so at least we have that to be thankful for.

I feel for all the small businesses, especially in retail/food industries and all the employees relying on the income.

I myself am self employed, but have work to keep me going. It got very tough last year as projects were completed, but I couldn't generate new clients. It has taken me 6 months to recover so fingers crossed we don't go any longer than the 7 days.

Ozza
28-05-2021, 11:19 AM

I'm not quite in my 40s, but wife is - she went to Sunshine health as a walk up this morning. Arrived at 9. Has just texted me that she's done. So a little over an hour on day 1 of the 40-49's.....pretty good.

The bulldog tragician
28-05-2021, 11:36 AM
I'm not quite in my 40s, but wife is - she went to Sunshine health as a walk up this morning. Arrived at 9. Has just texted me that she's done. So a little over an hour on day 1 of the 40-49's.....pretty good.

Yesterday I tried to go as a walk in to a smaller centre. (I had held off beforehand because of a bad reaction to last years flu shot, but decided that in the current situation ,needed to just get it done). Advertised wait time was 15 minutes. I arrived, there was a queue, waited 20 minutes, no staff member visible til a person came out and said he’d just been done but it had taken 2 hours. By this point it was raining, and the queue was outside, so I left and tried the vaccine booking hotline only to be told there was a 2 hour wait to even speak to someone...

It’s hard to see why, in 2021, an online booking system for vaccines isn’t available.

It’s also infuriating to read today about one aged care centre, which had all its residents prepared for a May 11 vaccine rollout, only for it to be cancelled with half an hours notice because the vaccine team were one person down. Ok, perhaps couldn’t be helped, but as of today 17 days later, these acutely vulnerable residents remain unvaccinated.

The Pie Man
28-05-2021, 11:43 AM
I booked online last night at the Austin now that I’m eligible, though the earliest available was July 1.

Might try the hotline again today to see if I can get any earlier, but a month from now is better than XMAS (which was my expectation)

bornadog
28-05-2021, 11:45 AM
It’s hard to see why, in 2021, an online booking system for vaccines isn’t available.

The phone lines couldn't cope with everyone ringing at the same time. I believe over 77,000 calls.

My question is why haven't these people vaccinated before? I went Monday morning as a walk in, (no cases on Monday) and the whole process took 30 minutes including the 15 minute observation time. There was only a handful of people. I understand people have reasons (like you with bad reactions or not eligible under 50), but the majority have been complacent.

As for aged care it is a shambles and Morrison and his Government have a lot to answer for. My sister in law works in aged care in Nagambie and no sign of doses and it is the end of May.

EasternWest
28-05-2021, 11:52 AM
My question is why haven't these people vaccinated before? I went Monday morning as a walk in, (no cases on Monday) and the whole process took 30 minutes including the 15 minute observation time. There was only a handful of people. I understand people have reasons (like you with bad reactions or not eligible under 50), but the majority have been complacent.

That's probably a question you can ask yourself, BAD.

hujsh
28-05-2021, 12:12 PM
I'd get the Pfizer if they opened up the eligibility.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 01:44 PM
That's probably a question you can ask yourself, BAD.
If you are asking about me. I had the flu injection and had to wait 14 days, then I was on holiday for a week, got back and had a cold for two weeks (yes I had a coronavirus test), and then went on Monday. Before all that I wasn't eligible

EasternWest
28-05-2021, 01:55 PM
If you are asking about me. I had the flu injection and had to wait 14 days, then I was on holiday for a week, got back and had a cold for two weeks (yes I had a coronavirus test), and then went on Monday. Before all that I wasn't eligible

Listen, if you're just going to respond with reasonable statements then I'll take my antagonism elsewhere.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 01:56 PM
Listen, if you're just going to respond with reasonable statements then I'll take my antagonism elsewhere.
haha :D

Sedat
28-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Nobody seems to blame the virus for the pandemic.
Or its origin (the authoritarian regime, not its poor suffering people obviously)

Axe Man
28-05-2021, 02:47 PM
Typical Melbourne centric thread title, the state extends past the city limits and we are all locked down!

The fact this thread was started by a West Australian is beside the point! ;)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-05-2021, 02:50 PM

Pity about the lock down, otherwise I'd suggest your demands could be easily met down at the Yarraville nets.

bulldogsthru&thru
28-05-2021, 02:52 PM
It was more a rhetorical question.

Feel your pain 1eyedog, in the same boat. Im lucky we dont rely solely on my wage.

Through reading the last post I've just realised why.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 03:14 PM
Pity about the lock down, otherwise I'd suggest your demands could be easily met down at the Yarraville nets.

Shit!! I forgot about the 5k limit and I am already down here, better get back home quickly :D

Axe Man
28-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Shit!! I forgot about the 5k limit and I am already down here, better get back home quickly :D

Just get someone to setup a vaccination hub in the change rooms, problem solved.

You can get punched in the arm and in the face!

bornadog
28-05-2021, 03:44 PM
Just get someone to setup a vaccination hub in the change rooms, problem solved.

Nah, let's do it here.

First blow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNUud4jcevo&ab_channel=jij663jij663

EasternWest
28-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Typical Melbourne centric thread title, the state extends past the city limits and we are all locked down!

The fact this thread was started by a West Australian is beside the point! ;)

Sticky this thread.

Nah, let's do it here.

First blow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNUud4jcevo&ab_channel=jij663jij663

They look like they're on Dancing with the Stars.

No I'm not clicking the link. Yes I'm punching you.

Sedat
28-05-2021, 04:36 PM
I've just been told that apparently one of the vaccine centres here in Melbourne is now listed as an exposure site. So you can catch COVID and then get the vaccine all at the same location in the one round trip - some real supply chain efficiencies there :D

Honestly you just have to laugh. Politicians from all parties and all sides of the spectrum really are useless, underwhelming operators who would not last one day in the private sector. That's precisely why they become politicians and precisely why IMO arguing for or against certain politicians/parties on partisan grounds is a spectacular waste of emotional resource and an exercise in utter futility.

We all need to look after ourselves and each other and hope that all politicians stay the hell out of our day to day lives as much as possible after this saga has reached its conclusion.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 04:40 PM
I've just been told that apparently one of the vaccine centres here in Melbourne is now listed as an exposure site. So you can catch COVID and then get the vaccine all at the same location in the one round trip :D

Honestly you just have to laugh. Politicians from all parties and all sides of the spectrum really are useless, underwhelming operators who would not last one day in the private sector. That's precisely why they become politicians and precisely why IMO arguing for or against certain politicians/parties on partisan grounds is a spectacular waste of emotional resource and an exercise in utter futility.

We all need to look after ourselves and each other and hope that politicians stay the hell out of our day to day lives as much as possible after this saga has reached its conclusion.

Are you talking about this:

Preston City Hall in Melbourne’s north has been added to the exposure site list after a person who later tested positive for COVID visited the building to receive a flu vaccination.

The bulldog tragician
28-05-2021, 06:48 PM
The phone lines couldn't cope with everyone ringing at the same time. I believe over 77,000 calls.

As for aged care it is a shambles and Morrison and his Government have a lot to answer for. My sister in law works in aged care in Nagambie and no sign of doses and it is the end of May.
Hence my query why not an online system..I don’t understand why bookings have to be by phone. My 84 yr old mother is quite at home doing things online, the phones should be an option too of course for those less savvy!

I acknowledge complacency..I kept deferring because of last years bad reaction where I developed a frozen shoulder, and was nervous of a similar scenario, but I’m going to have to hope for a different outcome this time.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Hence my query why not an online system..I don’t understand why bookings have to be by phone. My 84 yr old mother is quite at home doing things online, the phones should be an option too of course for those less savvy!

I acknowledge complacency..I kept deferring because of last years bad reaction where I developed a frozen shoulder, and was nervous of a similar scenario, but I’m going to have to hope for a different outcome this time.

Yes that is bizzare

Twodogs
28-05-2021, 08:05 PM

The Cole's 100 metres down the road is closed and is now an exposure site. I pulled up out the front saw the signage and TV cameras so drove way without getting out again. I've already had my vaccine as well almost two weeks ago. I was pretty crook with symptoms for 3 days afterwards.

Twodogs
28-05-2021, 08:09 PM

You can get punched in the arm and in the face!

It wouldn't be the first time syringes were used at that location. In fact quite a few of the locals would have the necessary skills to do the vaccinations themselves.