PDA

View Full Version : Glen Coleman snaps point post.

merantau
27-05-2021, 07:21 PM
I stumbled across this just now. Tried to copy and paste link but couldn't so I'm putting it in manually.

https://youtu.be/2AiQkBXgIWI

SquirrelGrip
27-05-2021, 07:52 PM
I stumbled across this just now. Tried to copy and paste link but couldn't so I'm putting it in manually.

jeemak
27-05-2021, 08:17 PM
Where's Happy Days, he needs to see this.

GVGjr
27-05-2021, 08:27 PM
I can still recall us coming out for warm ups with the Dog's are Talking playing.
From memory they replaced the point post that Coleman knocked over with a little league goal post.

jeemak
27-05-2021, 09:31 PM
How's Super getting into David Rhys Jones. The latter went to ground and kicked out very easily.

My dad tells a story or two about Hardie being sat on and picked on during games and there'd be a quick change between he and Super that enabled Super to educate Hardie's opponent in quick time. Hard man.

FrediKanoute
27-05-2021, 10:17 PM
Geee footy was different......I mean most of those bumps now would be weeks and the mud......

Twodogs
27-05-2021, 10:38 PM
I can still recall us coming out for warm ups with the Dog's are Talking playing.
From memory they replaced the point post that Coleman knocked over with a little league goal post.

Held up by a ground attendant. I used to work as a ground attendant myself and I'm just trying to imagine Tony Morris (Ground Manager) explaining to someone that their role for the rest of the game was to stand where Glen Coleman just cleaned up a point post holding one of the little league's pont posts.

"Good luck with that mate. Just in case anything happens do we have your updated next of kin details?"

Happy Days
27-05-2021, 11:14 PM
Where's Happy Days, he needs to see this.

Hell yeah man. That ruled and they need to start playing it maybe after every goal.

SonofScray
27-05-2021, 11:18 PM
Missed me by a few inches.

jeemak
27-05-2021, 11:31 PM
Hell yeah man. That ruled and they need to start playing it maybe after every goal.

I know right. It literally has everything.

Transitional eighties to nineties vibes, big hits, bigger bodies, Super smashing DRJ, Wallis taking his foot mark and Dougie busting out Flashdance moves. Supreme.

Happy Days
27-05-2021, 11:51 PM
I know right. It literally has everything.

Transitional eighties to nineties vibes, big hits, bigger bodies, Super smashing DRJ, Wallis taking his foot mark and Dougie busting out Flashdance moves. Supreme.

Could use some guys in the weights room but otherwise - perfection.

jeemak
28-05-2021, 03:32 AM
Could use some guys in the weights room but otherwise - perfection.

I too thought it lacked the usual homoerotic features montages of its time usually contain, but you can't have everything.

merantau
28-05-2021, 05:49 AM
Held up by a ground attendant. I used to work as a ground attendant myself and I'm just trying to imagine Tony Morris (Ground Manager) explaining to someone that their role for the rest of the game was to stand where Glen Coleman just cleaned up a point post holding one of the little league's pont posts.

"Good luck with that mate. Just in case anything happens do we have your updated next of kin details?"
Thanks for the belly laugh.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-05-2021, 08:09 AM
Man that brings back some memories, only thing missing was footage of a mulleted Bryan Royal wearing one of those lace up East Coast guernsey's we rocked. The only way we could've been more quintessential 80's is if our guernseys were stonewash, or had the Da Vinci Vitruvian man drawing on it.

bornadog
28-05-2021, 10:14 AM
Man that brings back some memories, only thing missing was footage of a mulleted Bryan Royal wearing one of those lace up East Coast guernsey's we rocked. The only way we could've been more quintessential 80's is if our guernseys were stonewash, or had the Da Vinci Vitruvian man drawing on it.

The tight shorts were incredible.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
28-05-2021, 03:59 PM
Loved the little league post they replaced it with. Rarely gets a mention we only ever see Leigh Matthew’s snapping a post

GVGjr
28-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Coleman was a better than advertised player for us. He really looked after Chris Grant in the early years and I can recall Rhys-Jones trying to rough him up at Carlton and Coleman not accepting that in any way. As soon as Rhys-Jones started the behind the play stuff Coleman went back and remonstrated with him.

Sedat
28-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Galaxy is still the only player in VFL/AFL history to have played 50+ games at 3 different clubs.

He was fantastic in 1992 for the development of Chtis Grant at CHF - still my favourite ever season of footy not counting 2016