PDA

View Full Version : CANCEL the Mid Season Draft

bulldogtragic
28-05-2021, 12:34 PM
The $150,000-$200,000 or so we would’ve used to select draftees in the Mid Season Draft just got burned up. Same for other clubs too. The financial penalty the most of the comp will suffer will certainly reduce participation in the MSD. Along with adjusted games (locations, states, roofs, fans etc) impacting the final order for the MSD. For the sake of fairness and equity for the clubs impacted, the MSD should be cancelled immediately.

GVGjr
28-05-2021, 12:44 PM
It depends if we are looking at the MSD as an avenue for teams to top up on players because of long term injuries or if we look at it as an expense.

I don't think the MSD adds a lot of value for teams full because it's too late to bring in most players.

I agree that it probably should be scrapped.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2021, 12:48 PM
It depends if we are looking at the MSD as an avenue for teams to top up on players because of long term injuries or if we look at it as an expense.

I don't think the MSD adds a lot of value for teams full because it's too late to bring in most players.

I agree that it probably should be scrapped.

It’s not just about us. If (primarily) Victorian teams have a savaging upon their budget on what could’ve funded participation, then teams will just have to sit it out through no fault of their own, while unimpacted clubs can plunder at their whim. I don’t think that’s very equitable. Hence the notion of fairness and equity should dictate that the MSD should be cancelled.

Topdog
28-05-2021, 12:53 PM
I raakon thats a good idea

Mofra
28-05-2021, 01:10 PM
I think the Suns would be screwed without the MSD as they're desperate to add a ruck.
It would be unfair on the dozen or so kids who are set to live an AFL dream to cancel the draft so close to the date. First pick could be a kid in year 12 (Edwards), while Knoll might make history as the first guy selected at the MSD twice.

Mofra
28-05-2021, 01:11 PM
I raakon thats a good idea
I think you're speaking in Code(y)