Twodogs
05-06-2021, 08:04 PM
Three things. The queue starts here

GVGjr
06-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 10:19 PM
1. Not seeing Gardner last year and reading about him I was expecting a lot more.

2. Hopefully the lockdown ends and in two weeks we can go back to the pre-lockdown footy we were playing.

3. Winning is good.

HOSE B ROMERO
06-06-2021, 10:26 PM
1. Hunter, Macrae and Bont are having very consistent seasons.

2. Keathy is one of our most valuable players.

3. Rumour is that Astro is soon to become Australia's second James Bond...'Licenced to Thrill'.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-06-2021, 10:29 PM
1. Desperately need this bye. Rest and recover lads.

2. Naughton could be the best player in the comp if he learns how to kick. Looked like Carey, kicked like a mule.

3. If we can't get some players back soon and stop the injury rot, we'll be struggling to win games to secure top 2/4.

whythelongface
06-06-2021, 10:32 PM
1. We can win a H&A game at Optus Oval

2. We can travel to Perth the day before and win (although I don’t want us to have to do this again against the West Coast)

3. Cody Weightman is that genuine small forward that can provide us with some spark and enthusiasm during the game. He will become a fan favourite similar to Dahlhaus when he first started.

Bumper Bulldogs
06-06-2021, 10:33 PM
1. We need a goal kicking coach

2. We needed a Goal kicking coach last year

3. We needed that Goal kicking coach ever since Bevo has been at the helm

bornadog
06-06-2021, 10:36 PM
1. We need a goal kicking coach

2. We needed a Goal kicking coach last year

3. We needed that Goal kicking coach ever since Bevo has been at the helm

We have kicked 171/159

bornadog
06-06-2021, 10:38 PM
1. Doc Duryea controls the backline

2. Bont is a freak ( i knew that)

3. Naughton stays forward

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 10:40 PM
We have kicked 171/159

If you allow one on the full per game. We are best 50/50. Professional footballers should be higher. Especially some of the really easy ones. We are already the highest scoring team, but if we could 2-3 goals a game more then we are even harder to beat. That’s what I want the squad to aspire to.

westbulldog
06-06-2021, 10:41 PM
1. This win was excellent, Freo's home deck, travel up to Sydney and across the nullabor, a crowd of er....., not much going for us and we won well.
2.Naughton could be leading the coleman medal if he could convert.
3.Darcy Tucker is promoted to Freo's official media spokesperson "....we should win comfortably".

Bumper Bulldogs
06-06-2021, 10:51 PM
We have kicked 171/159

Yes but have you seen the shots we miss. Can’t understand ho we miss so many shots between 25 to 40m out.

bornadog
06-06-2021, 10:58 PM
Yes but have you seen the shots we miss. Can’t understand ho we miss so many shots between 25 to 40m out.

Yeah, I agree, I was just showing the totals.

Mutz
06-06-2021, 11:00 PM
1. After seeing us beaten by the Tiges and Dees, teams have worked out how to challenge us – neutralise our supply at stoppages. As Mofra said in the game day thread:
"One tackler in, pressure the handball receiver. Teams have worked out how to put us under pressure and make us turn the ball over."
That leaves more of them on the outside to stifle our fast handball game. This was the thrust of an analysis article by Michael Whiting on the AFL website earlier today.

2. That said, we found a way to get our chief supply, Libba, back into the game. Bont was outstanding helping out with the grunt work and that allowed Libba to break out.

3. We need the grunt of Dunkley at stoppages. He doesn't kick pretty but he drives it forward.

Bonus. What has happened with Mr B. Smith after the first few rounds? He lacks confidence to go on the run - he could be another Treloar if he backed himself.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2021, 11:01 PM
Naughton could be the next player to kick 100 goals in a season. He could be anything.

But I’m not prepared to bet on it. If the game was decided by contested marks I50, we’d win every game until he retires.

comrade
06-06-2021, 11:02 PM
1. After seeing us beaten by the Tiges and Dees, teams have worked out how to challenge us – neutralise our supply at stoppages. As Mofra said in the game day thread:
"One tackler in, pressure the handball receiver. Teams have worked out how to put us under pressure and make us turn the ball over."
That leaves more of them on the outside to stifle our fast handball game. This was the thrust of an analysis article by Michael Whiting on the AFL website earlier today.

2. That said, we found a way to get our chief supply, Libba, back into the game. Bont was outstanding helping out with the grunt work and that allowed Libba to break out.

3. We need the grunt of Dunkley at stoppages. He doesn't kick pretty but he drives it forward.

Bonus. What has happened with Mr B. Smith after the first few rounds? He lacks confidence to go on the run - he could be another Treloar if he backed himself?

Yep, it's effective right now with Dunkley (and to a lesser extent, Treloar) out of the side. Once he's back, you can clamp on Libba but it'll just free up our other battle axe to slice through.

The bulldog tragician
06-06-2021, 11:03 PM
1. Aaron Naughton is the best, most exciting mark I’ve ever seen in our colours. I know, I know, the kicking :mad: but his marking is just extraordinary.

2. Some matches are just about the four points. You have to grind out wins, they all count in the end.

3. I absolutely loved seeing Alex Keath take Rory Lobbe to the cleaners. You still have to enjoy any time one of those smug overly entitled ex-Giants players perform poorly.

Twodogs
06-06-2021, 11:26 PM
1. Desperately need this bye. Rest and recover lads.

2. Naughton could be the best player in the comp if he learns how to kick. Looked like Carey, kicked like a mule.

3. If we can't get some players back soon and stop the injury rot, we'll be struggling to win games to secure top 2/4.

Aren't mules supposed to be renowned for their kicking?

MrMahatma
06-06-2021, 11:47 PM
Naughton is so close. Who the f is coaching his kicking? He looks rushed. Needs a longer run up. Everything else is good!

1eyedog
06-06-2021, 11:55 PM
1. Unheralded but Crozier was fantastic tonight. Won some critical one on one contests and attacks the ball so hard. Found the right balance between poise and hardness tonight.

2. Libba out of form but found a way to contribute by putting two critical goals on the board when we were struggling to kick one.

1. Alex Keath is our best key back since Brian Lake. What a steal.

Dry Rot
06-06-2021, 11:56 PM
1. Wilson is one dirty and really dumb player - is he ex Giants?

2. Weightman showed why its useful to play real small forwards rather than resting mids in the forward line

3. Libba showed why you play skilful resting mids in the forward line

Vred
07-06-2021, 02:57 AM
1. Bont is a freak, is it finally his Brownlow year?

2. Gutsy, workman like win, wasn't pretty, grinded it out and and got the 4 points, that's all that matters.

3. Our forward line is going to be something to behold over the next few years, with Naughton, JUH and Weightman rotating through.

merantau
07-06-2021, 07:32 AM
Doc Duryea is having a big influence down back.

Libba can never be discounted.

The Bont is bigger, stronger and faster this year.

Twodogs
07-06-2021, 12:51 PM
1. Wilson is one dirty and really dumb player - is he ex Giants?

2. Weightman showed why its useful to play real small forwards rather than resting mids in the forward line

3. Libba showed why you play skilful resting mids in the forward line

Unsurprisingly he is, yes.

Ozza
07-06-2021, 01:12 PM
1. That was a really important, gritty win. Don't underestimate the travel to Sydney, and then Perth - and upon arriving in Perth, being treated like they were all infected with even the hotel barista being in full hazmat suit, and having all players and staff locked down for all times that they weren't training. It is only ever 1 or 2% that makes the difference at AFL level, and the players came out focused, and apart from a period in the third, were always in control. And when challenged in the third, responded really well. It is never easy to win in Perth, Freo aren't a bad side, it rained, and we'd had a challenging build up. I'm really proud of the team for that important win.

2. Really liking what Weightman is bringing, he is really prepared to throw himself at every contest and is giving us a spark. Weightman, JJ, Scott/McNeil are all probably not going to have big numbers, Particularly when Naughton is marking everything and Bruce and English are providing a big target also - but if they can make their involvements count it we are difficult to contain. 2 important goals from Weightman yesterday. JJ wasn't great but I know at one point although he had 8 disposals, 6 were score involvements.

3. Bont is a better player this year than even the heights of the past. Regularly bombing goals for us now. And some of his streaming out of the stoppages was so exciting. He really led the way with attitude and impact early and made sure we didn't have a sluggish start.

Mofra
07-06-2021, 01:18 PM
1. We need a plan to deal with the Libba tag. Libba got off the chain a little in the third because Cerra went to Bont who was killing them.

2. A lot of our season now rests on Sweet's shoulders. We simply have to keep our two-ruck structure.

3. Caleb Daniel is the best kick under pressure I have seen in Bulldog colours.