PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Moment of the First Half of 2021?

bulldogtragic
09-06-2021, 10:08 PM
The chance to have nice things, like the other supporters have had the last 30 years…

Seeing a bulldog player put through a 10th goal in a VFL/AFL game. I don’t care it was North, 10 goals is an achievement and fun to ride the last few home. Especially the 10th. Then watch Libba celebrate by taking 4 North players on.

Perfection.

Yours?

Twodogs
09-06-2021, 10:19 PM
There have been a few highlights but I'm going to say beating North by 100+ points and just plain old beating Essendon. It's always a highlight beating them.

The fighting win (and the captain's goal) against West Coast

The Adelaide Connection
09-06-2021, 10:22 PM
There have been a few highlights but I'm going to say beating North by 100+ points and just plain old beating Essendon. It's always a highlight beating them.

The fighting win (and the captain's goal) against West Coast

Beating Essendon is one of the finer things in life. I really enjoy that you are savouring beating them before we have even played them this year. That is the highest commitment to the hatred of the red and black and is most admirable.

Grantysghost
09-06-2021, 10:26 PM
Saints by 100+

How I longed, nay yearned as the parched land for summer's rain for such a day to arrive.

Absolute bliss.

Twodogs
09-06-2021, 10:30 PM
Beating Essendon is one of the finer things in life. I really enjoy that you are savouring beating them before we have even played them this year. That is the highest commitment to the hatred of the red and black and is most admirable.

Heh! Chalk it up!

jeemak
09-06-2021, 10:39 PM
The comeback against Carlton. The Blues being talked up, us being talked down (including by me in the game day thread!) and the result coming home just how we wanted it to.

bornadog
09-06-2021, 10:54 PM
Watching Naughton and The Bont are my highlights.

Some of the long bombs from the Bont have been incredible.

westdog54
10-06-2021, 12:29 AM
For me there was something simply joyful about Bruce's 10th against North.

Whether it was the team's determination to get it to him, Bevo's satisfied smile on the box after the mark, the redemption after the disaster that was last season, the happiness it generated was irreplaceable.

jeemak
10-06-2021, 01:00 AM
Watching Naughton and The Bont are my highlights.

Some of the long bombs from the Bont have been incredible.

He's now the best and most consistent in the league when it comes to that.

Never over kicks it, uses his momentum and sublime skill just to do enough most of the time and it's a pleasure to watch. If he had have kicked the one from the first play against Freo it would be one of the best goals I've ever seen.

boydogs
10-06-2021, 02:38 AM
First half v GC was our best footy for the year

We've been good to watch but this thread reminds me of this

https://i.imgur.com/KHci7WF.png

Vred
10-06-2021, 06:16 AM
Bruces 10
The win vs West Coast
Watching Naughton and Bont grow right infront of us. Naughton is going to be the comps number 1 key forward in the next 2 years.

The bulldog tragician
10-06-2021, 10:17 AM
The crowd's roar when we cleared the ball away from the West Coast danger zone, the ball sat up beautifully for Bruce, and then we saw Bont alone in the forward line was pretty special. To be at last part of the crowd again and to have seen our team withstand an opponent like West Coast with all their big forwards fit and firing, was magic.

comrade
10-06-2021, 10:29 AM
The crowd's roar when we cleared the ball away from the West Coast danger zone, the ball sat up beautifully for Bruce, and then we saw Bont alone in the forward line was pretty special. To be at last part of the crowd again and to have seen our team withstand an opponent like West Coast with all their big forwards fit and firing, was magic.

The stadium was rocking the entire game but the roof almost lifted in that moment. Nice call.

Ozza
10-06-2021, 10:30 AM

Great moment.

Ozza
10-06-2021, 10:33 AM
Getting to watch Marcus Bontempelli play is almost always my highlight.

So it is hard to go past his match winner v West Coast. Closely followed by the flea sealing a great win v Port.

bornadog
10-06-2021, 10:34 AM

The final four minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz2e1yiUA3E

The bulldog tragician
10-06-2021, 11:02 AM
The final four minutes:

Wow. What an electric atmosphere Already seems a long time ago, with the Bromance Buddies so important, and wasn't Libba absolutely epic in the clinches.

I don't feel Bailey Williams has come back at quite the high standard of that match, he was extraordinary in that last vital contest that led to Bont's goal.

Mofra
10-06-2021, 01:23 PM
The Bontempelli set shot against West Coast.

A guy having the yips might look to give the shot off or play the percentages with a kick tot he top of the square. Bontempelli said "screw that" and despite some misses in the past two years took the responsibility himself to seal the game.

In general, Naughton's contested marking and Treloar's running goals after being told for months he can't kick.

Twodogs
10-06-2021, 01:37 PM
The final four minutes:

Great quote from Ross Lyon as Bont is having the shot for the sealer "every day of the week, the skipper" I love how he sits back and waits for the peanut gallery to finish speculating about Bont's chances and then backs him in as the ball hits his foot. Terrific commentating.

And Bailey Williams so cool in the 3 on 1 contest he found himself in. Good of Duryea not to get sucked into the contest and have the confidence to back his young teammate too.

westdog54
10-06-2021, 02:19 PM
Great quote from Ross Lyon as Bont is having the shot for the sealer "every day of the week, the skipper" I love how he sits back and waits for the peanut gallery to finish speculating about Bont's chances and then backs him in as the ball hits his foot. Terrific commentating.

And Bailey Williams so cool in the 3 on 1 contest he found himself in. Good of Duryea not to get sucked into the contest and have the confidence to back his young teammate too.

Consider also, at the same time last year Josh Bruce probably doesn't have the tank to get on the end of Bailey Smith's kick, let alone chisel it onto his captain's chest.

SquirrelGrip
10-06-2021, 02:54 PM
I did enjoy Treloar's first kick.

DOG GOD
10-06-2021, 04:02 PM
Saints by 100+

How I longed, nay yearned as the parched land for summer's rain for such a day to arrive.

Absolute bliss.

Agree. How far we have come and how far they have fallen since the Elimination Final.

Topdog
10-06-2021, 04:22 PM

That really was good commentating. Lyon was also the first to talk about how good the kick from Macrae was to Naughty

bulldogsthru&thru
10-06-2021, 04:26 PM
The final four minutes:

It's only been 2 weeks without Treloar but how much better do we look with him and Dunkley in the side?

soupman
11-06-2021, 12:50 AM
Vandermeers goal in that West Coast game was awesome, probably my favourite moment so far.