BOG: Macrae

Eastdog
19-07-2021, 11:57 PM
Dogs by 4 points
First goal: Bruce
Best on ground: The Bont

comrade
20-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Silver lining of the fixture being switched is we're not playing in Ballarat on Saturday. Forecast is 7 degrees (which is about 2 degrees in real terms) and absolutely pi**ing down!

No idea how our game will go. After each loss, the Demons have played a top 8 team the week after and beaten them.

Last time Melbourne let Cordy stand in the pocket to be the outlet option from kick ins and we constantly took the bait. If that happens again, we're in trouble.

azabob
20-07-2021, 10:02 AM
Surely JJ plays as a defensive forward on Salem?
Hopefully JJ has the composure to take his opportunities in front of goal when they present.

1eyedog
20-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Melbourne are mixed lollies who knows which one will turn up on Saturday. What I do know is that the gap between our very worse and our very best is narrower than theirs but their very best is probably a bit better.

Bulldogs by 4 points
FG Weightman
BOG Bontempelli

comrade
20-07-2021, 10:17 AM
Melbourne are mixed lollies who knows which one will turn up on Saturday. What I do know is that the gap between our very worse and our very best is narrower than theirs but their very best is probably a bit better.

Bulldogs by 4 points
FG Weightman
BOG Bontempelli

I would say our best is more exhilarating/higher level, but they've been able to get a lot closer to theirs against the top 8 teams than we have. But it's all elementary anyway, if you can't play near your best against the good sides what's the point?

Big test for Bevo.

The bulldog tragician
20-07-2021, 10:21 AM
I really wish we weren’t playing them right now with our injury list and the group looking tired, as if they win they get a psychological boost.

Mantis
20-07-2021, 10:23 AM
I would say our best is more exhilarating/higher level, but they've been able to get a lot closer to theirs against the top 8 teams than we have. But it's all elementary anyway, if you can't play near your best against the good sides what's the point?

Big test for Bevo.

It would be nice to play one of the top teams with something like our best team... makes it hard to play your best when you don't have your best cattle on the field.

mjp
20-07-2021, 10:23 AM
Melbourne are mixed lollies...

I think Melbourne have turned up every time they have been challenged.

Have they dropped some games against lower teams? Sure they have. But put a top 8 opponent on the menu and they have been brilliant.

I don't like predicting outcomes but without Martin, Dunks and Treloar I'm really not sure how we win this. The case for us would be (of course) Liber is rested and has a 'Liber game' and Naughton is better for the run. I think Melbourne's kryptonite is an opposition forward who can get May and Lever guessing by actually clunking a couple...the trouble is, no-one has been able to do it.

Over to you Aaron.

1eyedog
20-07-2021, 10:43 AM
I think Melbourne have turned up every time they have been challenged.

Have they dropped some games against lower teams? Sure they have. But put a top 8 opponent on the menu and they have been brilliant.

I don't like predicting outcomes but without Martin, Dunks and Treloar I'm really not sure how we win this. The case for us would be (of course) Liber is rested and has a 'Liber game' and Naughton is better for the run. I think Melbourne's kryptonite is an opposition forward who can get May and Lever guessing by actually clunking a couple...the trouble is, no-one has been able to do it.

Over to you Aaron.

Agreed Melbourne have been very good when it has mattered and I'm really worried about the fluency with which they move the ball. The games they've dropped are clearly related to some kind of mental road block but when it counts they come to play. If we can get on top early I think that's our best chance. Perhaps putting scoreboard pressure on them early can sew the seeds of doubt.

As Comrade says much of this will be won or lost in the box.

Bulldog4life
20-07-2021, 11:35 AM
It would be nice to play one of the top teams with something like our best team... makes it hard to play your best when you don't have your best cattle on the field.

A plus is that they haven't played against us this year with Dunks and Treloar....hope he makes it this year...in our team. A nice surprise for them in the finals.

comrade
20-07-2021, 11:39 AM
One difference v last time we played them is that now Melbourne have lost multiple games (plus the draw) since we have more data/game play to analyse and work from to devise a winning plan. No excuses for us to fall into the same traps as our last game and I expect a MUCH better performance.

Happy Days
20-07-2021, 11:40 AM
One difference v last time we played them is that now Melbourne have lost multiple games (plus the draw) since we have more data/game play to analyse and work from to devise a winning plan. No excuses for us to fall into the same traps as our last game and I expect a MUCH better performance.

Plus they've brought in Ben Brown and THEBIGBULLJACKVINEY so they're a lot further off full strength than when we played them last time.

Bulldog4life
20-07-2021, 11:47 AM
Heard ON THE COUCH last night that Salem has gone from one of the best defenders earlier in the year to be ranked 62nd now.

Axe Man
20-07-2021, 12:01 PM
The other positive is we couldn't possibly have as bad a first quarter as we did last time....could we?

comrade
20-07-2021, 12:09 PM
The other positive is we couldn't possibly have as bad a first quarter as we did last time....could we?

We'll know within the first 20 seconds if last time was anything to go by!

comrade
20-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Plus they've brought in Ben Brown and THEBIGBULLJACKVINEY so they're a lot further off full strength than when we played them last time.

I'm hoping Viney continues to get sucked into every contest possible.

bornadog
20-07-2021, 01:36 PM

The turnovers in that first quarter were horrendous, leading to the first four goals and the difference for the night.

The Pie Man
20-07-2021, 01:49 PM
Adelaide are coming to Victoria after all given SA’s lockdown - can we switch this back AFL?

Axe Man
20-07-2021, 01:55 PM
Adelaide are coming to Victoria after all given SA’s lockdown - can we switch this back AFL?

Makes perfect sense the flee the state with 5 cases for the one with near 100. The lack of consistency across the various State Government rules is crazy.

comrade
20-07-2021, 02:04 PM
Makes perfect sense the flee the state with 5 cases for the one with near 100. The lack of consistency across the various State Government rules is crazy.

SA government obviously weren't going to give the AFL any exemptions to let Pies/Hawks into the state, so the AFL with its bulldozer policy are just like '*!*!*!*! it, let's play them in Victoria'

HGA or even a hint of competition integrity is obviously no concern for the AFL now.

bornadog
20-07-2021, 02:06 PM
SA government obviously weren't going to give the AFL any exemptions to let Pies/Hawks into the state, so the AFL with its bulldozer policy are just like '*!*!*!*! it, let's play them in Victoria'

HGA or even a hint of competition integrity is obviously no concern for the AFL now.

Let's get the games done, we have a premiership to fight for.

Mantis
20-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Let's get the games done, we have a premiership to fight for.

The AFL are making it up as they go... changing the order of games is ridiculous given the planning clubs would've done in managing player game times, etc. and the advantages that come from finishing positions at the end of the H&A season.

We shouldn't be playing Melbourne this weekend.. Understand the clubs position, but hopefully they're making their feelings known.

Axe Man
20-07-2021, 02:32 PM

The fact that the Crows and Power weren't allowed to train, even before they announced the lockdown forced their hand too I would think.

comrade
20-07-2021, 02:36 PM
The fact that the Crows and Power weren't allowed to train, even before they announced the lockdown forced their hand too I would think.

AFL pulled the trigger way too fast on this round.

Axe Man
20-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Don't worry, I just caught the press conference from the new AFL general manager of football operations and I am convinced.
https://i.postimg.cc/wTrnwP9J/image.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

bornadog
20-07-2021, 03:04 PM

They should have waited till today when all the press conferences were happening.

comrade
20-07-2021, 03:14 PM
They should have waited till today when all the press conferences were happening.

Yep.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2021, 03:53 PM
I am normally very-anti the AFL. Very easy to think of problems/hard to go with solutions. I'd be intrigued to hear some of the latter, things the AFL should be doing, risk/benefit wise.

I am 100% with them in that the show needs to go on. Political allegiances aside, national approach isn't Australia's thing with Covid. This could get a lot worse and the year will be over before vaccination rates help enough. Do we really risk the cataclysmic financial loss of TV $? I am genuinely interested to hear options.

With fixtures, I feel they were trying to get in as early as they could. I think something we are all struggling to grasp to different levels is this simply often does change by the hour. Of course that is not excusing poor decisions but changing your mind within a couple of hours can be par for the course in Covid World.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2021, 03:55 PM
If it weren't a business, I'd definitely pause it by the way.

Sedat
20-07-2021, 04:38 PM
I am normally very-anti the AFL. Very easy to think of problems/hard to go with solutions. I'd be intrigued to hear some of the latter, things the AFL should be doing, risk/benefit wise.

I am 100% with them in that the show needs to go on. Political allegiances aside, national approach isn't Australia's thing with Covid. This could get a lot worse and the year will be over before vaccination rates help enough. Do we really risk the cataclysmic financial loss of TV $? I am genuinely interested to hear options.

With fixtures, I feel they were trying to get in as early as they could. I think something we are all struggling to grasp to different levels is this simply often does change by the hour. Of course that is not excusing poor decisions but changing your mind within a couple of hours can be par for the course in Covid World.
Without crowds there will be no memberships. Without memberships there will be no clubs. Without clubs there will be no competition. That's not to even talk about TV revenues and other not insignificant corporate considerations.

1eyedog
20-07-2021, 05:44 PM
If it weren't a business, I'd definitely pause it by the way.

It's strange that my kids are home foregoing an education but footy matches are going ahead. I mean, I'm glad they are I love the Bulldogs, but there is a lot of noise this time around from the non-football loving community saying pull the plug.

1eyedog
20-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Without crowds there will be no memberships. Without memberships there will be no clubs. Without clubs there will be no competition. That's not to even talk about TV revenues and other not insignificant corporate considerations.

Same applies to every business that has been forced to shut down.

bornadog
20-07-2021, 05:51 PM
Same applies to every business that has been forced to shut down.

AFL estimate they have lost $600 million in revenue.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2021, 06:16 PM

I agree. I guess I am viewing this more as a bad vs worse argument. No doubt continuing with no crowds, disrupted fixture etc is a 'bad' scenario. I feel pausing it might be worse though as it could get a lot worse meaning no season at all, this a killer with TV rights.

I hear the people saying pausing it or we don't like what the AFL are doing. But what's the plan? I get venting, frustration, I do a lot of it, you follow me on social media so know that ha! But what's the viable alternative? I am legit ready to listen and have my mind changed as believe me, I don't love this option.

comrade
20-07-2021, 06:22 PM
I agree. I guess I am viewing this more as a bad vs worse argument. No doubt continuing with no crowds, disrupted fixture etc is a 'bad' scenario. I feel pausing it might be worse though as it could get a lot worse meaning no season at all, this a killer with TV rights.

I hear the people saying pausing it or we don't like what the AFL are doing. But what's the plan? I get venting, frustration, I do a lot of it, you follow me on social media so know that ha! But what's the viable alternative? I am legit ready to listen and have my mind changed as believe me, I don't love this option.

If it gets that bad, a 1 week pause now to survey the lay of the land amidst 3 states in lockdown will have no impact on whether the season goes ahead or not.

But the pause may allow the season to continue with some integrity if the situation doesn't escalate.

Sedat
20-07-2021, 06:34 PM

I actually agree with you in relation to hoping the AFEL can continue on with the season. But I also agree with 1ED's point in relation to the clear hypocrisy and unfairness of other businesses and industries being forced to shut down at the same time, through absolutely no fault of their own. And the messaging/decisions are being made by people who, to be blunt, have no skin in the game whatsoever - not one mediocre politician/health beurocrat or hyperbolic media public servant in this country has lost one cent of their income in the last 18 months.

The bell-end from SA apparently has announced today that intimate partners are not allowed to visit each other. This gross and disgusting overreach in our private lives by thoroughly mediocre politicians/health beurocrats should never be accepted by anyone.

The question we all need to ask is what is the end-game here? How can footy or any entertainment/hospitality industry with live crowds be able to function in the future? COVID normal is not normal. I fear for the sports/entertainment industry if we cannot revert back to 2019 life. Anything less will be disastrous long term.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2021, 06:36 PM
I actually agree with you in relation to hoping the AFEL can continue on with the season. But I also agree with 1ED's point in relation to the clear hypocrisy and unfairness of other businesses and industries being forced to shut down at the same time, through absolutely no fault of their own. And the messaging/decisions are being made by people who, to be blunt, have no skin in the game whatsoever - not one mediocre politician or hyperbolic media public servant in this country has lost one cent of their income in the last 18 months.

The bell-end from SA apparently has announced today that intmate partners are not allowed to visit each other. This gross and disgusting overreach in our private lives by thoroughly mediocre politicians should never be accepted by anyone.

I think we totally agree on this then.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2021, 06:40 PM
If it gets that bad, a 1 week pause now to survey the lay of the land amidst 3 states in lockdown will have no impact on whether the season goes ahead or not.

But the pause may allow the season to continue with some integrity if the situation doesn't escalate.

I guess if we paused every time something very difficult to navigate comes up with this, then we would be pausing most weeks. We had a leader who wants no part of a national approach/accountability and the premiers. realistically, benefit from other states failing. But you know, maybe as ridiculous as it is, that's the answer. Play a round, pause, play a round, pause. Again worse vs bad. Clearly the one week pause will do very little but you know, maybe the benchmark for least worst option isn't great.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2021, 06:42 PM
The issue as I see it is we might have some different views, but the above argument/convo/compromise is something our political system cannot do. In Australian politics, agreeing/compromising with the other side is just seen as very weak/wrong. Our adversial system is just awful when something actually has to be done.

1eyedog
20-07-2021, 06:57 PM
AFL estimate they have lost $600 million in revenue.

That's a lot of money but its relative. Look I want the season to continue as much as the next Bulldog supporter but tell that to Mr Small Business who can't feed his kids or pay his mortgage.

I mean I know people in this boat. So many small businesses operate week by week. It's just reality out there.

Ghost Dog
20-07-2021, 10:07 PM
That's a lot of money but its relative. Look I want the season to continue as much as the next Bulldog supporter but tell that to Mr Small Business who can't feed his kids or pay his mortgage.

I mean I know people in this boat. So many small businesses operate week by week. It's just reality out there.

Where is the innovation? I mean why don't we turn footy day into a big vaccination drive?
Fill the MCG, test everyone and vaccinate them. If you do you get a free ticket!

comrade
22-07-2021, 07:58 AM
They were also talking about Melbourne's deficiencies on AFL 360. They haven't won a 1 on 1 contest inside 50 for the last 3 weeks.

What are the chances that we keep that streak alive?

Mantis
22-07-2021, 08:43 AM
They were also talking about Melbourne's deficiencies on AFL 360. They haven't won a 1 on 1 contest inside 50 for the last 3 weeks.

I would think given how poorly we have defended over the past 3 weeks that Melbourne should be able to put a stamp on that stat... unless every 1 on 1 goes to Keath's opponent, and Keath is actually standing beside him rather than off in fairy land.

bornadog
22-07-2021, 10:22 AM

Both teams are having a mid season slump. This is when you should have one and then build up for the finals in the run home.

Happy Days
22-07-2021, 10:37 AM

Wonder what change has come inside 50 for them in that period?

comrade
22-07-2021, 10:40 AM
Wonder what change has come inside 50 for them in that period?
https://i.ibb.co/dB0B8vz/extra-strength-frizz-fighters-for-the-sideshow-bob-in-youjpg.jpg (https://ibb.co/R2p2RKV)

DOG GOD
22-07-2021, 05:58 PM

I’ll guarantee during the game we will see all of Brown, McDonald, Jackson, Fritsch, spargo, and Pickett all take one on one marks ;)
Fritsch and McDonald, multiple.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2021, 07:46 PM
I’m very excited about tomorrow night. Saturday night prime time against the ladder leaders.

We are playing for top spot gentleman.

This will set us up for a roll onto the finals and I honestly can’t see us letting this one slip away.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2021, 07:52 PM
Dogs by 27
FG Jamarra
BOG Schache

comrade
23-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Dogs by 27
FG Jamarra
BOG Schache

Forward or defence?

Danjul
23-07-2021, 08:26 PM
Dogs by 27
FG Jamarra
BOG Schache
Recent history says he won’t (actually be on the ground long enough - 50% is probable)

bulldogtragic
23-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Recent history says he won’t (actually be on the ground long enough - 50% is probable)

True. But I have a feeling his work up the ground in the VFL against Geelong (BOG) and his KPD quarters against North & Sydney might have been getting him to this moment where this is what we want from him. Forget hit outs already, if he can bring these elements from his last three games, we’ll, I’m hoping we see a different type of player. Height. Reads the ball well. Marks well enough. Very athletic. Is good when super focussed. Good under his knees. Very good field kick. Outstanding shot for goal. I’m hoping tomorrow’s role bring out these attributes in a performance that recasts him from struggling KPF to a valuable player in another area of the ground. I think he can. If he does, then we’ve worked a way to improve the 22 from within this year. Which could be really interesting heading into finals.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Dogs by 27 points
1st goal Weightman
BOG Libba. Welcome back son

Special mention for the Bevo master stroke. Naughts to. CHB and Shack to FF

bornadog
23-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Forward or defence?

Ruck :D

dog town
24-07-2021, 05:15 AM
Recent history says he won’t (actually be on the ground long enough - 50% is probable) Didn’t have much choice against Richmond he was getting chopped up in a critical role. Not like you can rest a bloke that size at half back or in a pocket.

Danjul
24-07-2021, 06:27 AM
Didn’t have much choice against Richmond he was getting chopped up in a critical role. Not like you can rest a bloke that size at half back or in a pocket.
He should have spent the wasted time standing in front of Lynch, none of the backmen were coping.

Was the same in his previous game a year earlier. Sat on the bench for more than 40% of the game.

(while he sat out the last quarter the dogs went goalless against 6 for Carlton. Putting him at half back might have been a brilliant move. Bruce also had a bad night, 80% game time for no goals, but at least he did go on to kick 6 goals in his next 10 games.)

A week earlier both Wallis and him had 2 goals and equal possessions. One went on to be leading goal kicker while the other simply had his **** kicked.

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 09:59 AM
Top spot beckons woofers!
Dogs by 16
First goal- JJ
BOG - Brownlow Bont

comrade
24-07-2021, 10:03 AM
I have no idea how we’ll go tonight but Hawthorn went extra tall and it seemed to throw Melbourne’s structure out. Bevo usually backs his system to overcome the opponent so making personnel changes to suit the opposition is a bit of a change in approach. Very interested to see how it goes, I’m really hoping there isn’t a late change and end up with one less tall.

bornadog
24-07-2021, 02:53 PM
Don't forget the game is on 7 Mate tonight, plus Foxfooty.

Jeanette54
24-07-2021, 04:18 PM
As is normally the case my crystal ball is a little misty, so no predictions of a win or loss.

But it has cleared enough to allow my aging eyes to nominate,

First Goal: Cody
BOG: LIbba (fitting revenge, in fact one could say Libba will inflict great harmes on the Demons).

comrade
24-07-2021, 05:29 PM
Big move on Betfair towards the Demons, suggests a significant late out.

dog town
24-07-2021, 05:43 PM
Big move on Betfair towards the Demons, suggests a significant late out. Could be weather related.

Go_Dogs
24-07-2021, 06:42 PM

Interesting.

We will need to turn around our current form line, but we should be primed for this one. The next 1.5 hours can’t go fast enough. Woof woof.

Rocco Jones
24-07-2021, 07:13 PM

Yeah was thinking the same.

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 07:14 PM

Or the punters waited til they saw our MC stupidity and got on board ?

kruder
24-07-2021, 07:25 PM
When are final teams announced these days?

Bont english Caleb and Cordy all there

azabob
24-07-2021, 07:30 PM
When are final teams announced these days?

Bont english Caleb and Cordy all there

No late changes

comrade
24-07-2021, 07:35 PM
No late changes

Punters don’t think our line up is going to suit the conditions. Let’s prove them wrong!

HOSE B ROMERO
24-07-2021, 07:41 PM
Dogs by 11
Hannan first goal
bog Him... of course it's him.

While it would be ideal to go into the match with our best 22 i'm not too perturbed. Chances are we will have critical players out come finals like most teams. Also gives the opportunity for others to step up. Run free dogs, run free.

GVGjr
24-07-2021, 07:44 PM
Punters don’t think our line up is going to suit the conditions. Let’s prove them wrong!

I'd say that would be the reason why, Dogs have gone tall and the weather might catch up with that.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Dogs by 23
First goal: Weightman
BOG Bont

bornadog
24-07-2021, 08:08 PM

no rain here yet

So close yet so far

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7DOuQ9WUAYZhZ3?format=jpg&name=medium

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2021, 08:09 PM
I'd say that would be the reason why, Dogs have gone tall and the weather might catch up with that.

It doesn’t matter, Quality is Quality no letter the conditions.

Come on a dogs. It’s time to start to flex our muscle

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 08:11 PM
Cmon Dogs!

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 08:17 PM
Let’s hope for a good committed start. Could be lost in the first quarter just like before.

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Is the game on FTA TV in Melbourne?

bornadog
24-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Is the game on FTA TV in Melbourne?

7 Mate

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 08:19 PM
No FTA TV of #1 vs #2 game in Sydney.

And at the moment, no radio coverage on afl.com

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2021, 08:20 PM
Still think it's hard to beat the top 4 with 4-5 of your best out, two of them being elite mids. It again sounds like an excuse, but it's just reality.

Keen to see what we do with Schache more than anything, wonder if he plays as a KPD.

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Finally radio coverage.

Would appreciate info about how we setting up with all those calls.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Still think it's hard to beat the top 4 with 4-5 of your best out, two of them being elite mids. It again sounds like an excuse, but it's just reality.

Keen to see what we do with Schache more than anything, wonder if he plays as a KPD.

I recon it might come down to coaches box. Last time we played this mob. Bevo didn’t have his best night.

bornadog
24-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Raining

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2021, 08:30 PM
JJ needs to show some respect to Brayshaw. Been better in the last two contests

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Great start. Well done Bont

jeemak
24-07-2021, 08:32 PM
That was an excellent second effort from Bruce. Good endeavour to get it up via hands and forward.

And Daniel and Bont combine as if it's dry and we're off!

Eastdog
The Bont strikes!

bulldogtragic
That’s our captain.

comrade
24-07-2021, 08:34 PM
To all the Schache to defence crew on here. It’s time.

comrade
24-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Hannan, what the hell?

jeemak
24-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Hands Cody FFS, don't let that selfish shit get into your game.

bulldogtragic
24-07-2021, 08:37 PM
To all the Schache to defence crew on here. It’s time.

I love you too bro. We, the originals.

EasternWest
24-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Any risk of us getting someone goal side of aerial contests in their 50 or nah.

comrade
24-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Bazlenka has been woeful so far.

jeemak
That was a seriously good goal from Petracca.

Schache's been really good with the low ball and getting a clearing kick.

bornadog
Two bullshit frees against Bont

ratsmac
Melbourne much cleaner with the wet ball

bulldogtragic
Bazlenka has been woeful so far...

.. this season.

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Petracca and Oliver 17 disposals between them. ;)

dog town
We look too big and have overused it in these conditions.

jeemak
Bazlenka has been woeful so far.

It's wet so I can understand the missed tackle.

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Petracca and Oliver 17 disposals between them. ;)

Who is playing on those two?

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Their intensity is high hope we can match it. We've struggled to go with the good teams.

Cmon dogs.

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 08:42 PM
Keath out injured. Season over ?

jeemak
Keath out. *!*!*!*!. *!*!*!*!.

Eastdog
Big loss Keath.

jeemak
24-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Keath out injured. Season over ?

Did it even start for you?

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Keith hammy *!*!*!*!

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2021, 08:44 PM
*!*!*!*! this season. We're about done if Keath can't get back.

Grantysghost
Do we know what has happened to Keath?

comrade
*!*!*!*! these injuries.

The Bulldogs Bite
I can't stand Melbourne.

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 08:45 PM
Brucey!

jeemak
24-07-2021, 08:45 PM
Come on lads. Backs against the wall, let's keep it going!

bulldogtragic
24-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Blame it on our Juice!

Eastdog
I can't stand Melbourne.

Let’s get the Toorak Demons :D

DOG GOD
Did it even start for you?
Don’t be a smart ass. Everyone on here has said if Keath gets injured we are screwed.
I’m stating it’s going to very hard to cover him if he’s out for a long period.
Calm down.

whythelongface
Great work Macrae

bornadog
Keath out. *!*!*!*!. *!*!*!*!.

*!*!*!*!ing injury Gods

The Pie Man
Reckon we can still win tonight given the conditions but gee that Keith injury hurts the year.

jeemak
Man Jacko's a weapon going in short.

Mantis
Schache has started well… tough without Keath, just need to get the ball going our way.

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 08:47 PM
So with Keath gone, is Schache playing CHB?

comrade
24-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Don’t let him grab the *!*!*!*!ing ball Timmy.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 08:49 PM
Don’t be a smart ass. Everyone on here has said if Keath gets injured we are screwed.
Calm down.

One door closes another opens. Schache is the man!

The Pie Man
24-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Schache has started well… tough without Keath, just need to get the ball going our way.

Just about his best game for the club already, very encouraging

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Great stuff Ed Richards!

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 08:53 PM
What a goal Tim!

jeemak
24-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Big Timmy English!!!!!

Come on lads, keep putting em on.

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Schache, Bont, Daniel, Richards, Macrae have started well.

jeemak
Calm down.

Sorry mate. I get it, and I'm just having a laugh. Should have used an emoji.

GVGjr

Keath is a huge loss, one of the hardest players to cover. I hope Schache makes the most of his chances. Last year we sat him out for a half in the wet.

comrade
24-07-2021, 08:56 PM
Can tell we’re trying very hard to kill every marking contest.

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Richards, Daniel, Williams started really well. Ball movement is better than last meeting. Still just bombing a little too much in the lever direction.

GVGjr
So with Keath gone, is Schache playing CHB?

He's been in the ruck and has played back.

whythelongface
Keath is a huge loss, one of the hardest players to cover. I hope Schache makes the most of his chances. Last year we sat him out for a half in the wet.

No chance of that tonight. Time for Josh to step up. So far so good.

whythelongface
24-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Very encouraging quarter. Need to nullify Oliver and Petracca’s influence

jeemak
This has been a great start, really committed and while we've still got some players not quite getting involved it seems we've got the balance between pressing up to keep the pressure on and holding back almost right.

Bumper Bulldogs
Schache, Bont, Daniel, Richards, Macrae have started well.

The team has started well. They have the effort tonight. We are gonna be a hand full for the Dees.

josie
Gutsy effort dogs. Tim more than holding his own. I might have to eat my words that I doubted he’d make it as a first ruck. Shit about Keath. Opportunity for Lewis Young. Schache doing ok. Daniel just an out & out gun. Macrae too.

chef
Apart from injuries that was a great quarter.

Grantysghost
Petracca mouthing off reminded me of old Melbourne, I didn't mind seeing it.

Think we did ok second half of that term limiting he and Oliver.

I recall we played Melbourne up in Cairns last season late in similar conditions.

Keath hurts, pray it's a low grade. Tonight it might not matter as much, actually like Scott coming in.

DOG GOD
I like Schache so far. Getting involved in the contest, and using body well. Promising.

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Nice start in these conditions

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Oliver getting too much of it. Need a hard lock on him.

merantau
24-07-2021, 09:00 PM
That was a good start. We are up for the contest. It wasn't pretty but attrition seldom is. Damn injuries! We are the most cursed team this year. Lewis Young - this is your call up.

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Petracca mouthing off reminded me of old Melbourne, I didn't mind seeing it.

Think we did ok second half of that term limiting he and Oliver.

I recall we played Melbourne up in Cairns last season late in similar conditions.

Keath hurts, pray it's a low grade. Tonight it might not matter as much, actually like Scott coming in.

It looked like it was being worked on first and tested, rather than being written off immediately and straight down the rooms.

MrMahatma
24-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Very happy with that qtr. Bruce, English and Naughton all getting shots on goal is a good sign, and we didn’t give up any red time goals which is always a concern.

bornadog
24-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Oliver getting too much of it. Need a hard lock on him.

15 disposals that quarter

ratsmac
Oliver 15 touches. Need to limit those somewhat

Bumper Bulldogs

I get Oliver has had plenty of it. But he is t hurting us.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 09:03 PM
It looked like it was being worked on first and tested, rather than being written off immediately and straight down the rooms.

That's good news. Fingers crossed.

Bruce maybe dislocated his finger too, looks OK though.

Loving the long sleeve representation.

Stefcep
24-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Teams routinely target our engine room in Libba Macrae and Bont. Why don't we do the same?

azabob
24-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Yes, and no ice or strapping.
Let’s clutch at all those straws

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Big an by Naughts just then.

westdog54
Schache is working hard at ground level.

Good to see Naughts convert.

DOG GOD
Good start naughts…inside 50 marks a bonus..straight kicking please continue.

jeemak
Yes, and no ice or strapping.
Let’s clutch at all those straws

Straws are all we have right now!!!

Good finish from Naughts, after a good start to the quarter from Smith.

Eastdog
Great play there ending in a Naught goal.

kruder
Weightmans efforts in the air and absolute desperation when the balls hits the ground is so impressive.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 09:07 PM
First option Bailey.

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 09:07 PM
Unlucky Dale there. Not much he could do

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:10 PM
BT surprisingly didn't bitch about that being a very short 15m.

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 09:10 PM
BT surprisingly didn't bitch about that being a very short 15m.

I noticed that too. He likes Melbourne

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 09:11 PM
I noticed that too. He likes Melbourne

He has a link to Lever. Maybe through Romsey vague memory.

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:15 PM
Naughton is schooling Lever.

That was a BS free against Bruce, but there was no support for him at ground level.

Pickett's becoming a bit of a dick and he needs to be clipped.

DOG GOD
They are coming out way too easily.

Eastdog
Pressure has been decent from us.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Harmes is all over Libba he needs more support.

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Oliver 15 touches. Need to limit those somewhat

Who is playing on Oliver?

comrade
24-07-2021, 09:19 PM
What a shocking decision from the goal umpire.

westdog54
24-07-2021, 09:20 PM
That score review took a comical amount of time for such an easy decision.

MrMahatma
They’re getting on top

Bumper Bulldogs
They are marking everything now. We need to get it to the ground.

The Underdog
24-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Ed Richards working his butt off

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:23 PM
How can you let Viney take that in the centre of the ground FFS.

Marra needed to get back and either affect the contest or give a free kick away then.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 09:25 PM
Melbourne are really compressing the ground well. We need to be smarter going forward Lever starting to command the air.

DOG GOD
Garcia costing us with this stupid handball rubbish.

comrade
Shocking cough up from Garcia.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Can Cordy ever get to a 1-v-1 to first it away?

That whole piece of play was rubbish.

Mantis
If Roarke Smith isn’t going to touch the ball at least he could show the ability to get his hands dirty.

jeemak
How is that not called a throw? Jesus.

Garcia is struggling a bit tonight, that was inexperience coming to the fore and a handball just needed to go forward then.

Mantis
Shocking cough up from Garcia.

Why would Macrae give it to him? He was under too much pressure.

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Why do we kick it at lever

bulldogtragic
Duryea

Eastdog
Great cut off there from Duryea.

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Hannan being held twice now no free

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:30 PM
BTs just barracking now.

We need to soak up some time in our front half.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Hannan earned his dinner there!

ratsmac
24-07-2021, 09:31 PM
Great tackle hannan

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:31 PM
Well done Mitch. Come on, gotta nail this.

Well done lad. Well done.

Get around him, and let's get into those lippy *!*!*!*!wits.

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Cmon Dogs!

Well done Mitch!

The Underdog
Maybe a guy calling a game featuring his nephew is a conflict of interest

ratsmac
Cmon Hannan!!!
I've always liked him

DOG GOD
Lucky he kicked that…I was ready ;)

MrMahatma
Thanks Mitch!!

bornadog
24-07-2021, 09:33 PM
Are they rattled?

comrade
24-07-2021, 09:33 PM
Have to hold this.

Eastdog
24-07-2021, 09:34 PM
Liking Garcia.

The Pie Man
24-07-2021, 09:34 PM
How good is Clayton Oliver?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Awesome finish Smith!!

bornadog
Smith you beauty

Eastdog
Great stuff Libba to B Smith. B Smith kicks a great goal!

jeemak
Oooohhhhh yeeeeaaaaah!

Great finish Smith. He's really lifted this quarter.

divvydan
This is just a classic arm wrestle.

DOG GOD
We are certainly hard at it. Makes a difference when we don’t allow them defensive mark. Well done smith

Grantysghost
Nice work absorbed and then struck.

jeemak
24-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Oliver's a stager.

westdog54
24-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Watching Roarke Smith sit Clayton Oliver on his backside is immensely satisfying.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 09:37 PM
Watching Roarke Smith sit Clayton Oliver on his backside is immensely satisfying.

Should be worth a stat

ratsmac
Bailey Smith you beautiful man!!!!!

The Bulldogs Bite
Great half, hope we absolutely burn these *!*!*!*!ing pretenders.

hujsh
*!*!*!*!ing love it Smith!

DOG GOD
Good first half. Using the ball pretty well and hard at it. Just some frustrating turnovers, with Garcia doing some silly things.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 09:38 PM
Caleb Daniel, Duryea, Smith, Richards, and Dale really great half.
Bont getting more involved, Schache has had his moments too, not looking out of place.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Schache has been surprisingly and pleasingly really good. Conditions help as a KPD though, but has been rock solid.

GVGjr
24-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Given the conditions and the fact it's a tight game it's a nice lead to take into the break. Need to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

josie
24-07-2021, 09:40 PM
How good was that handball by Bont (I think) to Bailey Smith who then kicked a ripper goal.

GVGjr
24-07-2021, 09:40 PM
Schache has been surprisingly and pleasingly really good. Conditions help as a KPD though, but has been rock solid.

He needs to go on with it. Liking what he is doing though.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 09:41 PM
Oliver's a stager.

This is Melbourne to a tee, they play like theyve won the last 3 flags and then carry on when they actually have to walk the walk.

It's always been an issue with them. Harmes is one of the biggest flogs in history.

Now if anyone goes Cordy tonight after he pushed Oliver's bonce into the MCG turf I'll spew up!

I think he was just helping him look for Josh Jenkins still missing since Sep 17.

whythelongface
Fantastic first half. Our defence has really stood up. Great effort considering the loss of Keath. Special mention to Duryea for that intercept mark. Brilliant.

Schache has been very solid. Cordy been good. Mids starting to get on top.

DOG GOD
Caleb Daniel, Duryea, Smith, Richards, and Dale really great half.
Bont getting more involved, Schache has had his moments too, not looking out of place.

I’d be a bit nervous with Schache one out, but he’s using body well in a contest.

Bumper Bulldogs

Was a heart warming moment

Mantis
24-07-2021, 09:43 PM
Excellent half…. Gawn’s dominance has given them first look on most occasions, but in general we’re defending it well.

If you’re ever going to loose Keath it would be against this mob and in these conditions… hopefully it’s not a bad one.

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Need to keep the scoreboard ticking over.
This will be the key. Melb will come and we have to hold them. When we get our chance, we have to take them. This game reminds me of the Richmond game. We have to come out in the 3rd prepared for battle and not give them some easy goals.

merantau
24-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Very happy with that. Tim English definitely fought back hard in the ruck after Gawn got right on top. We were under significant pressure in the first part of that quarter but the defence really stood up with Richards, Cordy, Duryea, Dale, Williams, Daniel and Schache all playing their part.

We can definitely take heart from the determination and courage on display. Half way there. Let's keep the pressure on. Go Dogs.

dog town
24-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Very important lift by Jamarra late in the qtr. Needed to be better and was able to halve some contests and get involved.

Mantis
24-07-2021, 09:46 PM
This will be the key. Melb will come and we have to hold them. When we get our chance, we have to take them. This game reminds me of the Richmond game. We have to come out in the 3rd prepared for battle and not give them some easy goals.

This game is nothing like the Richmond one.

Happy Days
24-07-2021, 09:47 PM
That’s a real body blow about Keath. We can’t win the flag without him.

DOG GOD
We shall agree to disagree.

ratsmac
We need to get first hands on the ball a bit more I reckon. If we do we have got this

DOG GOD
I’m glad I’m not alone there Happy Days.

Go_Dogs
24-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Excellent half…. Gawn’s dominance has given them first look on most occasions, but in general we’re defending it well.

If you’re ever going to loose Keath it would be against this mob and in these conditions… hopefully it’s not a bad one.

Doesn’t look like a bad one, hopefully that proves right.

Schache doing well.
Richards has been huge.
Daniel very clean

An early goal or two will make it very tough. Let’s go!

bulldogtragic
24-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Schache partially smoothers Fritsch, a sharp shooter, and then dumps it out of D50 with 8 seconds to go.

His post game review looks good. Another half like that will cover the loss of Keath. And if it dries out, we’ve got Scott for run and carry.

DOG GOD
24-07-2021, 09:50 PM
Dogs 39 to Rich 20.
Dogs 40 to Melb 19 at half time.

Like the rich game we started to get on top halfway thru the 2nd.

bulldogtragic

He will be back within 9 weeks.

bornadog
We need to get first hands on the ball a bit more I reckon. If we do we have got this

We are winning the clearances but CP, Melbourne on top by a few

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Not sure it is showing the same profile as the Richmond game.
Richmond looked like they were getting on top from half way through the second quarter, and had all the momentum going into the main break.
It hasn't looked the case here, we looked stronger the further the 2nd quarter progressed.
Let's hope we can keep it up.

bornadog

doesn't look that bad

Ozza
24-07-2021, 09:51 PM
Roarke shutting Langdon out of the game. Very important player for them and only has 5 to half time. Happy with a “non event” between those two on the wing.

ratsmac
I’d be a bit nervous with Schache one out, but he’s using body well in a contest.

That's all he has to keep doing. Keep putting body on his opponent and bring it to ground and hipe the cavalry arrives

The Underdog

Prefer within 4-5

bornadog
Love the spirit of the boys when Hannan kicked that goal

Dry Rot
24-07-2021, 09:52 PM
How is Garcia going?

Grantysghost
Biggest half of the year, top spot means probably an interstate side first week in Melbourne *

Cmon dogs. Time is now, with this quarter we are well on the way.

*covid permitting

Jeanette54
So pleased with the effort and work rate, right across the team.

Hoping to see Marra getting more involved as the conditions start to dry out a bit.

bornadog
How is Garcia going?

7 disposals one tackle. He is ok for a 5 gamer, does go in hard