PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Round 19, 2021 vs Melbourne

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 09:41 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this evening's game against Melbourne. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

SquirrelGrip
24-07-2021, 10:34 PM
The Flying Flea!!

https://i.postimg.cc/c453tPdC/A0-E722-D7-522-B-44-B6-9237-E604-CEA148-DF.jpg (https://postimg.cc/fJmy62tQ)

bulldogtragic
24-07-2021, 10:50 PM
Marra’s Goal.

westdog54
24-07-2021, 11:10 PM
Richards' back to back efforts in the first quarter. One to stop a certain Melbourne goal. The second directly led to a goal for us.

hujsh
24-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Marra’s Goal.

This, Mayyyyyybe the Bont goal before but this one for sure put it to bed

chef
24-07-2021, 11:13 PM
Bonts goal.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2021, 11:19 PM
Bont to Marra.

That was both a moment for the now and the future.

The Pie Man
24-07-2021, 11:21 PM
Bontempelli with two key moments in the last obviously, but Bailey Williams again pealing off and winning a dicey moment in D 50 was huge

GVGjr
24-07-2021, 11:32 PM
Bont to Marra.

That was the moment for me. Bont gets the goal and then the next clearance and pin points a pass to Marra off his right foot.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 11:33 PM
Bont to Marra.

Mine too. On the opposite foot no less.

bulldogtragic
24-07-2021, 11:36 PM
This, Mayyyyyybe the Bont goal before but this one for sure put it to bed

True. For me, the kid in just his third game, a slow first game all the media, hype and pressure and he’s almost got our fortunes on his boot of not just the win, but putting scars on Melbourne, top of the ladder, locking up top 4, after an amazing lead incorporating a shimmy step. To just go back with al, of that and slot it from 40. Perfection.

He doesn’t need 15 touches, he just needs to impact when he has an opportunity. That awesome shimmy step lead was on Jake Lever. No slouch. He needs to stay in the side let him get a look at Adelaide, Hawthorn, Essendon & Port.

macca
24-07-2021, 11:44 PM
When Brayshaw tried to shirtfront Hannan after he kicked the goal. The whole team swarmed into the fwd line and pushed off the melbourne Players. Showed team was really united and was not going to put up with any rubbish push and shove from the snowflak Dees.

Baily Smith pulling down one of the Melbourne players and casually walking away was even funnier.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2021, 11:49 PM
Marra goal.

Mutz
24-07-2021, 11:49 PM
When Brayshaw tried to shirtfront Hannan after he kicked the goal. The whole team swarmed into the fwd line and pushed off the melbourne Players. Showed team was really united and was not going to put up with any rubbish push and shove from the snowflak Dees.

Baily Smith pulling down one of the Melbourne players and casually walking away was even funnier.

Agreed, and then from the goal line video feed it looked like Tim had done it and was copping flak.

azabob
24-07-2021, 11:50 PM
When Pickett kicked the goal to put them 4 points down and he jumped into Neal-Bullens arms like he’d kicked the wining goal after the siren.

It was just odd...

Doc26
24-07-2021, 11:57 PM
Two plays, with six consecutive possessions in the last.

First play, Macrae to Libba to Bont, GOAL.

Second play from the centre, Macrae to
Bont to Jamarra, GOAL.

No surprise that Jack was instrumental in both.
He’s as Bulldog as we’ve ever had with his toughness and competitiveness.

Mantis
25-07-2021, 12:01 AM
Two plays, with six consecutive possessions in the last.

First play, Macrae to Libba to Bont, GOAL.

Second play from the centre, Macrae to
Bont to Jamarra, GOAL.

No surprise that Jack was instrumental in both.
He’s as Bulldog as we’ve ever had with his toughness and competitiveness.

Don’t discount Sonny’s tackle on Oliver in play no.1… Oliver is seriously strong and Sonny pulled him down with ease.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-07-2021, 12:07 AM
Don’t discount Sonny’s tackle on Oliver in play no.1… Oliver is seriously strong and Sonny pulled him down with ease.

That was huuuuuuge.
Sonny has a massive future..
I can handles execution mistakes.... this fella brings heat and intent. The boy's alright.

westbulldog
25-07-2021, 12:08 AM
Hannan's mark and goal and May spitting the dummy.

Mantis
25-07-2021, 12:11 AM
That was huuuuuuge.
I can handles execution mistakes.... this fella brings heat and intent. The boy's alright.

Yep.. some of his handballs are head-scratchers, but his kicking is better than I thought and his pressure and contested play is really exciting.

He’s pretty much in our best 22 now and given how far back he was at the start of the year… well, kudos to the kid.

Eastdog
25-07-2021, 12:13 AM
Bont turning it up in the final term. Some great moments there that were pivotal in this tough game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-07-2021, 12:14 AM
Yep.. some of his handballs are head-scratchers, but his kicking is better than I thought and his pressure and contested play is really exciting.

He’s pretty much in our best 22 now and given how far he was at the start of the year… well, kudos to the kid.

His mistakes are experience based, he's gonna be fine. Once he works that out he has the ability to really be an improvement on Dahlhaus. that can only be a good outcome.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-07-2021, 12:15 AM
Bont turning it up in the final term. Some great moments there that were pivotal in this tough game.

His last quarter was insane. We lose if he doesn't lift, in my opinion.
Have we ever had a better difference maker?

bulldogtragic
25-07-2021, 12:17 AM
That was huuuuuuge.

Triple that, not everyone is Bont starting out. He’s making a few mistakes and a bit too heavy on the backward handball. But I can absolutely live with that for all his strengths. That we are doing what we are doing while blooding him, Marra, McNeil, Scott and Weightman is crazy. Plus debuting a new CHB to put next a new running defender. It defies logic that we can keep winning while fast tracking development of our elite talent and filling key defensive spots with a couple of guys who’d never played there before this season/week. But we are, so *!*!*!*! logic.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2021, 12:17 AM

He’s pretty much in our best 22 now and given how far back he was at the start of the year… well, kudos to the kid.

And Kudos to our recruiters.

bornadog
25-07-2021, 12:18 AM
Bont's goal - when he kicked that I thought we had won.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2021, 12:19 AM
The moment to me was Bevo's team selection. There were doubters but Bevo you are a genius.

The bulldog tragician
25-07-2021, 12:23 AM
The moment was whatever we did to stabilise and then counter punch, hard, when they stormed out of the middle twice in the first minutes of the third quarter. That was very mature, somehow we were again 20 points in front just when they were all macho posturing and congratulating themselves. There is great belief in this group.

jazzadogs
25-07-2021, 01:52 AM
His last quarter was insane. We lose if he doesn't lift, in my opinion.
Have we ever had a better difference maker?

Only 9 touches, 1 goal, 0 tackles. Pffft he needs to be better :p

Ghost Dog
25-07-2021, 02:47 AM
Hannan kicking his last.
Bevo backed him in. Well done Mitch. In your face Melbourne.
Can he take a break from being the whipping boy on here for a week? :D

AshMac
25-07-2021, 07:36 AM
The Flying Flea!!

https://i.postimg.cc/c453tPdC/A0-E722-D7-522-B-44-B6-9237-E604-CEA148-DF.jpg (https://postimg.cc/fJmy62tQ)

This moment my fav moment of the game.

I knew we’d win when jamarra slotted his kick from 40 odd out

bulldogtragic
25-07-2021, 08:49 AM
I just realised, he copped an elbow in the nuts for good measure. Bonus points for that too.