PDA

View Full Version : The Club board: curioser and curioser

alwaysadog
17-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Has anyone had a look at the player stats on the club board. In most cases 2007 games etc have not been added. For some eg Higgins he has kicked 5 goals but not played a game. I know he's a good kick but where is he kicking them from, the change rooms? Now this could be a creative move, claim goals kick from the change rooms before the game starts.

Now 2007 wasn't what we hoped for but how far can we go in trying to erase it? Hope this wasn't the sort of strategy thrown up by the review ie beat the AFL by using its own denial game; hopefully the problem will go away or be replaced with one we can handle. Much as we might like to forget it, surely it's best to remember last year and move on.

Perhaps the club board could do that soon.

W W Biscuit
17-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Has anyone had a look at the player stats on the club board. In most cases 2007 games etc have not been added. For some eg Higgins he has kicked 5 goals but not played a game. I know he's a good kick but where is he kicking them from, the change rooms? Now this could be a creative move, claim goals kick from the change rooms before the game starts.

Now 2007 wasn't what we hoped for but how far can we go in trying to erase it? Hope this wasn't the sort of strategy thrown up by the review ie beat the AFL by using its own denial game; hopefully the problem will go away or be replaced with one we can handle. Much as we might like to forget it, surely it's best to remember last year and move on.

Perhaps the club board could do that soon.

Hey AAD! How's it going?

Look, I think that it's fair enough. Erased from my memory are all of the late 70s and early 80s, 1989, 1996, 2003-2005, the 1976 Elimination Final, the 1985 Qualifying Final, all known finals against Geelong and the 1997 Prelim. As a result, according to my stats, Doug Hawkins only played 233 games for the Doggies, Ian Dunstan never did win a B&F and Jade who???

And I reckon that Shaun Higgins IS that good. :D

Sockeye Salmon
17-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey AAD! How's it going?

Look, I think that it's fair enough. Erased from my memory are all of the late 70s and early 80s, 1989, 1996, 2003-2005, the 1976 Elimination Final, the 1985 Qualifying Final, all known finals against Geelong and the 1997 Prelim. As a result, according to my stats, Doug Hawkins only played 233 games for the Doggies, Ian Dunstan never did win a B&F and Jade who???

The only problem with that is you never knew Kelvin Templeton. 78-80 were worth the suffering just because of him.

W W Biscuit
17-03-2008, 10:43 PM
The only problem with that is you never knew Kelvin Templeton. 78-80 were worth the suffering just because of him.

So true, so true. But then again I was spared Alby Smedtz.

It's all coming back to me. Aahh, Kelvin. The only excuse I ever had to strut around the primary school playground in my Footscray jumper like a prize rooster. :)

alwaysadog
18-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey AAD! How's it going?

Going well and missing our chats about the sane world of football cf the mad world of work.

I have put all negative thoughts from my mind and forgotten all ill. I've also cancelled the lobotomy.

lowedog
18-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I could only get red numbers for my dufle coat, and couldn't afford the lettering so everyone thought i was a bomber supporter and that i liked Max Crow! He was a dream to watch. Would love to have had todays club stability to maybe keep him for his entire carreer. Guess the same could be said for Quinlan, Round,Dempsey, Dunstan,Bissettetc!

The Coon Dog
18-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I could only get red numbers for my dufle coat, and couldn't afford the lettering so everyone thought i was a bomber supporter and that i liked Max Crow! He was a dream to watch. Would love to have had todays club stability to maybe keep him for his entire carreer. Guess the same could be said for Quinlan, Round,Dempsey, Dunstan,Bissettetc!

Showing your age there lowedog & welcome to WOOF!

My duffel coat had Doug 7 Hawkins. The sort of letters/numbers that were ironed on, but started to peel off over time. Had all the sew on labels on the arms, names like Ian Hampshire, Ian Morrison, Ray Huppatz, Bernie Quinlan, Ian Dunstan, Gary Dempsey, Alan Stoneham & my favourite player back then, Wayne Foreman.

W W Biscuit
19-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I've also cancelled the lobotomy.

I know. I took your place in the queue. :D

Twodogs
21-03-2008, 07:18 PM

Poor old Max Crow-one of the nastiest injuries I've seen. Ruptured a testicle and ended up having half of it removed.

I had Micky Egan's #10 on my duffle coat-he played at the same cricket club as me.

alwaysadog
21-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Poor old Max Crow-one of the nastiest injuries I've seen. Ruptured a testicle and ended up having half of it removed.

Did you actually or just figuratively see it?

I remember the day it happened and the quarter though I can't recall who we were playing. My memory suggests it was pretty early in the season. It was at home and we were kicking to the Barkly St end.

After a seemingly innocuous clash big Max has the trainers looking down the front of his shorts as he holds them away from his body. I think he played on for a while an then went to the bench.

Next week his wife was hitting the headlines of the sports pages, somehow it seemed our fault. She wasn't too happy that he might not be able to have any more kids.

alwaysadog
21-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I know. I took your place in the queue. :D

No, you're too young that queue is for blokes a decade and a half older than you, though I suspect I know what causes you to feel that way.

alwaysadog
27-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Just thought I'd update you all on the incredible efforts of our young Mr Higgins. Ten days ago he had played no games. A check of the club board shows he now has 25. So he has been playing on average 2 1/2 games a day to get his rate up.

An outstanding performance, by the Bulldog Board in finally getting it right. Now if someone would teach them just a little grammar.