C: Hunter Dunkley Macrae
HF: Weightman Bruce Garcia
F: Jamarra Naughton B. Smith
R: English Bontempelli Liberatore
Int: Richards Wood Daniel Treloar
Sub: JJ or VDM (on form)
Emerg: Hannan R. Smith Scott JJ/VDM
Depth: McNeil Lipinski Cordy West

Mids: Tons of guns. Will need to rotate them through. I’d like to see B. Smith play a Clay Smith hard, pressuring forward that can kick goals. He has the tools to be offensive and defensive, speed and tackling. We are blessed with too many good one. The speed of Smith, Jamarra, Weightman & Naughton gives us elite speed and elite pressure. While having three KPFs too. English could float down there too.

Ruck: I have no faith in Martin’s body and risking another mid game injury. I rule him out and Sweet isn’t ready for a big final. Against Melbourne Schache took 18 ruck contests in support of English. This could be a good model, with the occasional Bruce run in there. Schache playing could nearly eliminate Bruce needing to ruck which means Jamarra always has the third string KPD. Overall, this is a more nimble, flexible approach to the ruck which has benefits overall. If Wood can cover Schache’s defensive opponent for those minutes we have good coverage. Schache’s ability to play 95-100% game time gives our mids a few extra rotations.

Defence: three talls, Keath, Gardner & Schache. Different sorts of talls, with Schache’s extra height he can stand against a second ruck. Wood as the medium, Duryea as the smaller general and elite ball users like Dale, Williams, Richards & Daniel. There’s also rotations of mids back to assist if needed. With Richards & Wood on the bench adding to the defensive rotations, Caleb Daniel has the freedom to be played further up the ground and hopefully be a key distributor with Inside 50’s. Another benefit.

Forwards: Naughton, Bruce & Jamarra. Plus Weightman, Garcia, B. Smith. I’m not convinced about JJ as a forward for a final just yet. But he and VDM should be in a battle to jump from Sub into 22. I’d love to have another genuine forward, quick like VDM but it needs to go on form.

Summary:

Defence has three different talls will having support in Wood and several good small/medium defenders who use it well. With team defence, I’m comfortable the mix is right

Midfielder has elite depth. If English & Schache can cover the ruck as they did against Gawn & Jackson that’s looking ok.

Forwards are packed full off tall goal kickers with Weightman who can play tall or small. Garcia has shown he’s a great source for I50’s and goal assists. We have to rotate mids through and I’d like to see B. Smith for a Clay Smith type role. I’d like a natural quick small forward, but I can’t find a spot right now.

I think we have cattle to get it done. We just need to perform 100% of every minute, of every finals game we play.

comrade
02-08-2021, 11:06 PM
Pretty close to my preferred side, BT.

The only change is I would only have 2 of Wood/Schache/Richards in the 22 with the one who misses to be replaced by one of Scott/JJ/Vandermeer.

1eyedog
03-08-2021, 12:12 AM
Pretty close to my preferred side, BT.

The only change is I would only have 2 of Wood/Schache/Richards in the 22 with the one who misses to be replaced by one of Scott/JJ/Vandermeer.

Interesting if any other those miss but that depends on Schache's next 3 games I suppose. I think Richards' is a lock. You just know Bevo loves him.

If all goes to plan Gardner and Cordy may be on the outer. I can just see Bevo playing two talls (Schache and Keath) and Wood.

The unsolved part of the puzzle is whether we play three tall backs or two and Wood.

boydogs
03-08-2021, 12:43 AM
You've got 3 KPD's and 3 defenders on the bench, I would have JJ & VDM in for Schache & Wood

jeemak
03-08-2021, 12:53 AM
No matter who's available and if fit, Wood and Cordy play. Keath also does so that means at least one or both of Gardner and Schache miss out.

The Doctor
03-08-2021, 09:55 AM
There are going to be a few unlucky players if we get all our injured players back.

My team

B: Duryea, Keath, Wood

HB: Williams, Schache, Dale

C: Hunter, Libba, Daniel

HF: JJ, Naughton, B.Smith

F: Weightman, Bruce, English

R: Martin, Bont, Macrae,

Int: Dunkley, Treloar, Richards, Garcia

EMG: Cordy/Gardner, VDM, JUH

I've gone with the 2 talls in defence. Schache is in ahead of Cordy & Gardner. It his his spot to lose I suppose. Wood as 3rd tall.

Martin as 1st ruck. In the pressure cooker of finals I want our strongest and most experienced big man in the boiler room.

English forward/2nd ruck means JUH misses out. If not JUH it's Bruce but that would be a tough call as he's had a good season. I can't go with both + Naughton + English.

JJ & Garcia hold their spots ahead of VDM but I'd love to get VDM in there. Missing so much footy counts against him here although he still has several weeks to stake a claim.

I'd like to get 2020 version of Crozier back! A more polished & confident version of Hannan would be nice. I think the team lacks a good mid sized forward.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2021, 10:00 AM
You've got 3 KPD's and 3 defenders on the bench, I would have JJ & VDM in for Schache & Wood

I have Daniel high half forward, who can go up to contest use his kicking skills to I50 and a goal himself was he’s done vs GCS, Melbourne & Adelaide. Having a kid like Marra almost easily getting separation, someone who can hit him lace out would be my ideal scenario.

No matter who's available and if fit, Wood and Cordy play. Keath also does so that means at least one or both of Gardner and Schache miss out.

I prefer Schache to Bruce rucking. No for me it’s not a straight choice on KPDs. Plus Josh can play 100% game time which is another factor. Our forward line holding its shape with Bruce staying at home should in theory make it harder to double team Naughton or move the second best KPD onto Marra. The question I found myself asking is with no Martin & Sweet, who is the best support for Tim and least intrusive on the other 17 on the ground? I concluded that it’s Josh, if he maintains his form.

I would like one of JJ or VDM if either had strong form. But right now I’m backing in Garcia and Bailey Smith could play their role better. What I learned from 2016 was we need hard bastards around the 50, for tackling, pressure, going harder (& lower Ryan) at the contest. So I like Smith & Garcia to bring the heat with Weightman. Complimented by Naughton, Jamarra and Bruce.

But everyone has 3 weeks or 4 in the VFL to force their way in.

Mantis
03-08-2021, 11:17 AM
BT,

With all respect the balance of that team is out.

- B.Smith isn't playing as a pressure forward
- Daniel isn't playing as a high HF
- Macrae isn't playing on a wing
- 3 tall defenders + Wood - I can't see happening either.

Understand it's a difficult task, but having a balanced team & clearly defined roles is going to be just as important as picking our best 22 players.

Mofra
03-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Let's shoot Bambi's mother - is Wood a walk up start? He plays the 'floating interceptor' role or small stopper role but a lot of our MC selections this year have been based on three genuine talls (hence Crozier isn't getting piked right now).
This means three of Schache/Keath/Gardner/Cordy are selected.

Dale, Williams and Duryea pick themselves. That means it's likely we have one bench spot for a FT defender - Wood/Richards probably fight it out for that last spot. Someone is going to be desperately unlucky.

Bulldog Joe
03-08-2021, 11:51 AM
The one thing we know is that someone who deserves a spot won't make the team.

The selection may even come down to the opponent and what is required for them.

I certainly prefer to retain JUH over bringing in Martin. I would expect Marra provides at least as much as Stringer did in 2016.

In the back half we have Williams, Dale, Duryea plus Keath and 2 of Gardner/Schache/Cordy as a possible starting 6 with Richards/Wood as the bench spare. We still have Caleb possibly floating through or filling in where necessary.

Just can't fit everyone in.

jeemak
03-08-2021, 12:09 PM
FB. Duryea, Cordy, Wood
HB. Dale, Keath, Williams
C. Smith, Macrae, Hunter
HF. Dunkley, Bruce, Daniel
FF. Weightman, Naughton, English
Foll. Martin, Bontempelli, Liberatore
Int. Treloar, Richards, Gardner/ Schache, JJ
Sub. VDM

Man that's hard. The whole inclusion/ exclusion of Wood, Cordy, Gardner and Schache piece isn't as clear cut as I made it out to be yesterday evening. I like Wood and think the MC does as well, and I think Cordy has been solid (with clear flaws) with fluctuating support and that might count for a bit with the MC as well (albeit they clearly like Gardner and Schache is progressing well).

Now I'm just awaiting the obvious exclusion that I've made unwittingly to be pointed out by someone.....

Happy Days
03-08-2021, 12:27 PM
FB: Duryea Keath Wood
CHB: Dale Schache Williams
C: B. Smith Macrae Hunter
HF: Dunkley Naughton JJ
FF: Weightman Bruce JUH
R: English Bont Liberatore
I/C: Daniel Treloar Richards Garcia
Sub: VDM/Scott/Lipinksi/West/R. Smith

This exercise is complicated by what the MC thinks the team should be in contrast with what I think it should be. You just know that one/all of Roarke/Hannan/Gardner/Scott are going to find their way in.

I'm not super anti-Cordy, but think that Schache in a key post offers a lot more offensively, particularly in a league where there's so few threatening key forward tandems (that don't play for us of course), and even then I'm not convinced that Cordy is required.

So it probably comes down to Cordy vs Wood; Easton isn't, and hasn't been the eye-catching intercept defender the wider footy world thinks of him as for nearly half a decade, but he's still a better athlete and more versatile defender than Cordy, and has been pretty good this year. If we play someone as a pure stopper then Easton is ahead.

We have admittedly looked best with Martin in the side, but that hasn't happened for ages, he's not finished multiple games, and we likely won't get a look at it again until the first final, if at all. It's a really drastic change to a team that, if we perform as expected, will have won a slew of games in a row and will generally be humming.

comrade
03-08-2021, 12:30 PM
FB: Duryea Keath Wood
CHB: Dale Schache Williams
C: B. Smith Macrae Hunter
HF: Dunkley Naughton JJ
FF: Weightman Bruce JUH
R: English Bont Liberatore
I/C: Daniel Treloar Richards Garcia
Sub: VDM/Scott/Lipinksi/West/R. Smith

I like it. The kicking in that back line is incredible, only really Wood and Keath you don't want it with and even then, both are fine when playing within their limits.

Who takes back up ruck duties?

Mofra
03-08-2021, 12:44 PM
FB. Duryea, Cordy, Wood
C. Smith, Macrae, Hunter
Sub. VDM

Man that's hard. The whole inclusion/ exclusion of Wood, Cordy, Gardner and Schache piece isn't as clear cut as I made it out to be yesterday evening. I like Wood and think the MC does as well, and I think Cordy has been solid (with clear flaws) with fluctuating support and that might count for a bit with the MC as well (albeit they clearly like Gardner and Schache is progressing well).

Now I'm just awaiting the obvious exclusion that I've made unwittingly to be pointed out by someone.....
Marra & Garcia?

bornadog
03-08-2021, 12:58 PM
FB. Duryea, Cordy, Wood
C. Smith, Macrae, Hunter
Sub. VDM .

I like this team Jee and is probably the most likely we will go with, if Martin is fit.

As Mofra says, do we stick in JUH somewhere, but at this stage, Garcia will miss. The MC also seems to like Hannan, but who comes out?

bulldogtragic
03-08-2021, 01:01 PM
BT,

With all respect the balance of that team is out.

- B.Smith isn't playing as a pressure forward
- Daniel isn't playing as a high HF
- Macrae isn't playing on a wing
- 3 tall defenders + Wood - I can't see happening either.

Understand it's a difficult task, but having a balanced team & clearly defined roles is going to be just as important as picking our best 22 players.

As Mof asked, then perhaps Wood doesn’t play. For argument sake, we meet port with Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall & Ladhams. I think we need three KPDs. If Wood makes things unbalanced, then that’s an open question for discussion as Mof says.

I wouldn’t play Macrae on a wing, but we need to put all our guns mids somewhere. With Smith I think he gets some time on ball, but he’s down the pecking order. Hence trying to think of a different role that plays to his strengths. Are we just going to rotate mids through the forward line or look to tap someone to stay there and give us some extra continuity down there? I really like Daniel kicking I50 and kicking goals as he’s been doing the last three weeks.

It’s a near impossible task. I wanted one or two more in but just couldn’t do it. Two weeks ago Josh Schache was not getting a mention in this thread. Certainly not KPD/2nd Ruck. A lot can change in a month.

How do you see us fitting all our mids? With tall oppositions, who do you have tasked (the traditional 2 KPD & Wood) or go the taller option Bevo tried for a couple of weeks? Who are supports Tim in the ruck?

jeemak
03-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Marra & Garcia?

Yeah, I know right.

Didn't forget them, I just don't think they'll get a game.

jeemak
03-08-2021, 01:27 PM
I like this team Jee and is probably the most likely we will go with, if Martin is fit.

As Mofra says, do we stick in JUH somewhere, but at this stage, Garcia will miss. The MC also seems to like Hannan, but who comes out?

As Happy Days has pointed out, there's no way the MC doesn't include one of or all three of Scott, Hannan and Gardner so perhaps they're in and we don't see Martin, JJ and Richards.

Mofra
03-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I know right.

Didn't forget them, I just don't think they'll get a game.
If Garcia misses, open - question. Who is our "role player"?
JJ has played that role this year, Hannan played every game he's available. McNeill and Scott and Rorarke have played these roles as well.
I suspect one out of all of these players mentioned plays, at least. Richards has played the role in the past too but this year has been playing in his best position. Given Daniel has been a spare parts man too I'm leaning towards Richards getting games with perhaps JJ being the utlity who plays forward, wing and can roll back in defence if needed.

Our decision could be a little easier if (heaven forbid) Keath doesn't recover in time.

jeemak
03-08-2021, 02:16 PM
If Garcia misses, open - question. Who is our "role player"?
JJ has played that role this year, Hannan played every game he's available. McNeill and Scott and Rorarke have played these roles as well.
I suspect one out of all of these players mentioned plays, at least. Richards has played the role in the past too but this year has been playing in his best position. Given Daniel has been a spare parts man too I'm leaning towards Richards getting games with perhaps JJ being the utlity who plays forward, wing and can roll back in defence if needed.

Our decision could be a little easier if (heaven forbid) Keath doesn't recover in time.

I have JJ and Richards as the role players, and I think Hunter can certainly sacrifice his game play a role up and down the ground as well.

Mitcha
03-08-2021, 03:27 PM
Good spot to be in and will let our unpredictable but very experienced match committee earn their coin and come up with our best side at the time. (Yeah I know I’m fence sitting before anyone comes at me). But did just want to say that Riley Garcia is this years version of 2016 Clay Smith, hard bastard and might be well suited to finals footy, hope he plays.

Mantis
03-08-2021, 04:44 PM
As Mof asked, then perhaps Wood doesn’t play. For argument sake, we meet port with Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall & Ladhams. I think we need three KPDs. If Wood makes things unbalanced, then that’s an open question for discussion as Mof says.

I wouldn’t play Macrae on a wing, but we need to put all our guns mids somewhere. With Smith I think he gets some time on ball, but he’s down the pecking order. Hence trying to think of a different role that plays to his strengths. Are we just going to rotate mids through the forward line or look to tap someone to stay there and give us some extra continuity down there? I really like Daniel kicking I50 and kicking goals as he’s been doing the last three weeks.

It’s a near impossible task. I wanted one or two more in but just couldn’t do it. Two weeks ago Josh Schache was not getting a mention in this thread. Certainly not KPD/2nd Ruck. A lot can change in a month.

How do you see us fitting all our mids? With tall oppositions, who do you have tasked (the traditional 2 KPD & Wood) or go the taller option Bevo tried for a couple of weeks? Who are supports Tim in the ruck?

It's really tough to forecast what our team looks like for rd1 of the finals, but I do think it's going to be very dependent on our form & the form of our players over the next 3 games and maybe even more so who we are playing in each finals as I think our line-up will change dependent upon specific match-ups.... If we play we probably need only 2 tall defenders, whereas against Port it's probably 3.

The midfield is real guessing game to see how that works... I'm really challenged to see how Bailey Smith fits in when we're at full strength. He played a quite brilliant game on the wing in rd.1, but has struggled in any other role other than inside mid for the rest of the season so I have no idea where he starts for our first final given we have a few in front of him... I still think he'll be valuable in the midfield, but expect his minutes to be greatly reduced.

Anyway great problems to have and I look forward to the next 3 games to see all make their claim for a spot in our QF team.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2021, 05:11 PM
It's really tough to forecast what our team looks like for rd1 of the finals, but I do think it's going to be very dependent on our form & the form of our players over the next 3 games and maybe even more so who we are playing in each finals as I think our line-up will change dependent upon specific match-ups.... If we play we probably need only 2 tall defenders, whereas against Port it's probably 3.

The midfield is real guessing game to see how that works... I'm really challenged to see how Bailey Smith fits in when we're at full strength. He played a quite brilliant game on the wing in rd.1, but has struggled in any other role other than inside mid for the rest of the season so I have no idea where he starts for our first final given we have a few in front of him... I still think he'll be valuable in the midfield, but expect his minutes to be greatly reduced.

Anyway great problems to have and I look forward to the next 3 games to see all make their claim for a spot in our QF team.

No real excuses for a poor game now. If Ed, Treloar & Doc are back this week. It’s perhaps only Keath a certainty to come back. The 23 this week are in pole position to playing finals. That should be a carrot if anyone needed one.

Mantis
03-08-2021, 05:28 PM
No real excuses for a poor game now. If Ed, Treloar & Doc are back this week. It’s perhaps only Keath a certainty to come back. The 23 this week are in pole position to playing finals. That should be a carrot if anyone needed one.

Maybe.

As suggested I think our line-up will change depending upon our opponent... especially in defence.

GVGjr
03-08-2021, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone for putting their likely teams forward for review. It's an interesting read.

No one has selected Mitch Hannan which I understand why but I wonder if the MC is still invested in him.
Scott has just about been a permanent selection for us but he might be squeezed out if Treloar returns
Would Gardner be seen as the better option than Schache by the MC?

The big question is why Comrade hasn't selected Naughton as a defender? :)

DOG GOD
03-08-2021, 05:52 PM
Yes, Schache has played 2 decent games.
A final is a different cattle of fish, and I honestly can’t see the MC picking/trusting him over Cordy/Gardner.
If we go 3 talls…it’s Keath, Cordy and Gardner.
Play 2 and it’s Keath and Cordy.

azabob
03-08-2021, 08:35 PM
Yes, Schache has played 2 decent games.
A final is a different cattle of fish, and I honestly can’t see the MC picking/trusting him over Cordy/Gardner.
If we go 3 talls…it’s Keath, Cordy and Gardner.
Play 2 and it’s Keath and Cordy.

DG forget what the MC will do. Who do you select?

azabob
03-08-2021, 08:37 PM
Is Lewis Young now chop liver since our new shiny toy Josh Schache has played two decent games?

A few weeks back I could’ve swore Young was the answer to our defensive short comings.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2021, 08:49 PM
Is Lewis Young now chop liver since our new shiny toy Josh Schache has played two decent games?

A few weeks back I could’ve swore Young was the answer to our defensive short comings.

Probably. Just five games this year and a total of 20 games of a possible 109 games in 5 years. I assume the MC have concerns and they’re not being rectified. I rate him, but I think he’s not part of the plan this year and he will request a trade out which we will facilitate.

Mofra
04-08-2021, 12:07 PM

If I had to compare the two, I'd say Lewie is quicker. Perhaps slightly better in the ruck.
Schache better at everything else football. TBH we should let Young go, with our blessings, to any club that will play him.

mjp
04-08-2021, 12:20 PM
Defenders: (7)

Talls: Keath, Cordy. Backup: Schache
Midsize: Williams, Dale, Richards. Backup: Wood
Lock-down: Duryea

Either Schache or Wood play depending on the opponent.

Rucks (1): Martin

Inside Mids (4):
Bont
Macrae
Liber
Dunks
Backup: Lipinski

Outside Mids (3):
Hunter
Treloar
B. Smith
(Backup: R. Smith)

Forwards (7):
Tall: Naughton, Bruce, English (Ruck Support).
Medium: Weightman, Daniel (Mid support), Garcia (O-Mid Support), JJ (Utility)

I'm a bit concerned we really only have 4x forwards in the team but that's life. I guess VDM could take Garcia's spot??

comrade
04-08-2021, 12:37 PM

Inside Mids (4):
Bont
Macrae
Liber
Dunks

Outside Mids (3):
Hunter
Treloar
B. Smith

Forwards (7):

I'm a bit concerned we really only have 4x forwards in the team but that's life. I guess VDM could take Garcia's spot??

And if Martin is cooked?

Mofra
04-08-2021, 12:39 PM

Inside Mids (4):
Bont
Macrae
Liber
Dunks

Outside Mids (3):
Hunter
Treloar
B. Smith

Forwards (7):

I have real doubts that Martin is going to be fit.
English slips into first ruck, Marra comes in for him.
That probably means Schache comes in instead of Wood as he can chop out in the ruck and Bruce's forward craft dips significantly when he also has to ruck.

bornadog
04-08-2021, 12:54 PM

No love for Gardner ;)

mjp
04-08-2021, 01:11 PM
No love for Gardner ;)

I think Gardner is great. With young players tho, they need to be in and IN FORM to hold their spot...I just can't see how he meets those criteria.

And I have JUH ahead of Hannan so if Martin doesn't play, well:

English Rucks
JUH forward.

Decision made on whether Bruce rucks (better for balance) or Schache/Young comes in to provide direct ruck support.

bornadog
04-08-2021, 01:29 PM
I think Gardner is great. With young players tho, they need to be in and IN FORM to hold their spot...I just can't see how he meets those criteria.

And I have JUH ahead of Hannan so if Martin doesn't play, well:

English Rucks
JUH forward.

Decision made on whether Bruce rucks (better for balance) or Schache/Young comes in to provide direct ruck support.

He is cutting it fine to be ready for finals.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2021, 07:13 PM
So I ask this, ‘IF’ Richards isn’t going to sign &/or play elsewhere next year, should that change anything?

Put Daniel into that HB role and free up a spot for Garcia to play a outside mid/forward role? The experience to Garcia would be immense and benefit us long term.

Or is it just pick the best available and give others a taste next year?

Grantysghost
04-08-2021, 07:16 PM
So I ask this, ‘IF’ Richards isn’t going to sign &/or play elsewhere next year, should that change anything?

Put Daniel into that HB role and free up a spot for Garcia to play a outside mid/forward role? The experience to Garcia would be immense and benefit us long term.

I don't think it should be considered tbh. Just play the best team for the now it's a pro sport.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2021, 07:38 PM
I don't think it should be considered tbh. Just play the best team for the now it's a pro sport.

Not a punitive measure. But if he could be covered and if the experience for Garcia would be immense for his development as a dogs player in 2022. We have enough good and flexible players to not lose anything.

Grantysghost
04-08-2021, 07:52 PM
Not a punitive measure. But if he could be covered and if the experience for Garcia would be immense for his development as a dogs player in 2022. We have enough good and flexible players to not lose anything.

That's a fair point, I really love Garcia he's got something special.

Just think there should be a bit of a separation bw contracts and on field. But I can see how there would certainly be some grey.

Ed is a ripper. Billy Gowers brought him over one night at a function they were like a couple of giggling school kids. Can you imagine Gowers the role model :)

Both really good kids.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2021, 08:07 PM
That's a fair point, I really love Garcia he's got something special.

Just think there should be a bit of a separation bw contracts and on field. But I can see how there would certainly be some grey.

Ed is a ripper. Billy Gowers brought him over one night at a function they were like a couple of giggling school kids. Can you imagine Gowers the role model :)

Both really good kids.

In an ideal world, Richards signs this week and the question is moot.

GVGjr
04-08-2021, 08:07 PM

There is a distinct difference for me with the options above.
If he is just unsigned he should be selected. If the indications are he isn't going to sign and is leaving us then we don't play him.
Having said that, I doubt any player (or his manager) will flag their intentions to leave at the end of the season when it may impact their finals spot. "We are still in negotiations with the club" will be their position.

I'm confident as I can be that he will be playing for us next season.

Happy Days
04-08-2021, 08:14 PM
We usually pool the signings so wouldn’t expect anything this week, but at the same time there’s been a rough priority order to them so its not not concerning to see Scott signed up first.

I love Ed irrationally and really really want him to stay.

Grantysghost
04-08-2021, 08:21 PM
There is a distinct difference for me with the options above.
If he is just unsigned he should be selected. If the indications are he isn't going to sign and is leaving us then we don't play him.
Having said that, I doubt any player (or his manager) will flag their intentions to leave at the end of the season when it may impact their finals spot. "We are still in negotiations with the club" will be their position.

I'm confident as I can be that he will be playing for us next season.

Can we ever get to a point where he says he's going but we can still embrace him whilst we have him? I feel we are a bit immature re this.

Bulldog Joe
04-08-2021, 08:43 PM
Can we ever get to a point where he says he's going but we can still embrace him whilst we have him? I feel we are a bit immature re this.

Regardless of contracts we pick our best side.

Nothing else matters when you chasing the ultimate prize.

bornadog
04-08-2021, 09:34 PM

Regardless of contracts we pick our best side.

Nothing else matters when you chasing the ultimate prize.

Agree, pick the best side

jeemak
04-08-2021, 10:21 PM

You're a scallywag through and though BT.

azabob
04-08-2021, 11:00 PM

You really want Ed gone, huh? Just get jee to start a thread already!

1eyedog
04-08-2021, 11:13 PM

Do we want to win a flag or cut our nose to spite our face?

jeemak
05-08-2021, 06:35 AM
You really want Ed gone, huh? Just get jee to start a thread already!

It's the obvious thing to do but he's too proud to ask me to do it.

The Underdog
05-08-2021, 09:47 AM

DO NOT START THAT THREAD

Ed Richards has many stans and we’re not all well balanced individuals.

bulldogtragic
05-08-2021, 09:53 AM

Ok. It’s time.

DO NOT START THAT THREAD

Ed Richards has many stans and we’re not all well balanced individuals.

Oh no. What have you done Jeemak?

bulldogtragic
09-08-2021, 03:37 PM
Updated: Assumption of needing three KPD’s, one who also is the Second Ruck

B: Duryea Gardner Schache (2nd Ruck)
HB: Dale Keath Williams
C: Hunter Dunkley Richards
HF: Treloar Bontempelli Weightman
F: Jamarra Naughton Vandermeer
R: English Macrae Liberatore
Int: Wood (Def) B. Smith (Mid) Daniel (Mid) Garcia or Hannan (For)
Sub: Garcia or Hannan
Emerg: JJ R. Smith Scott Cordy
Depth: McNeil Lipinski Young West Wallis

Unavailable: Martin (Most Likely), Bruce (ACL), McLean (ACL), Jong (Ret.)

Notes:

- Bontempelli replaces Bruce. Other mids should win enough of the ball. Bonts leads well, has good height and size, but is a great snapper too. Would need to work on his set shots. We need to replace 2.5 goals a game from Bruce. Bonts can do that.
- English the main ruck. Sweet not ready for a final & Martin’s body is shot unfortunately. Bruce no longer able to provide a chop out. Young unlikely to be selected. So Schache is that second ruck, coming from being #3 KPD.
- I’m thinking speed and natural forward instincts is the mix. I’ve got speed covered, but also three over 193cm+ as targets plus Weightman’s aerial ability.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2021, 06:32 PM
B: Doc, Gardner, Wood
HB: Dale, Keath, Williams
C: Hunter, Bont, Caleb
HF: Treloar, English, VDM
F: Dunks, Naughts, Cody
R: Stef, Macrae, Libba
Int: Baz, Richards, Marra, Hannan
Sub: JJ
-----------------------------------------------------------
- Lewy in for Stef if he doesn't come up
- Schache in for any of the tall defenders if they aren't right
- Scott, Roarke and Garcia there as back ups
- Unsure of the balance with Ed. He has to play off HBF for mine. Not sure how we play Caleb.
- Dunks, Adz to rotate with others forward

Danjul
09-08-2021, 09:05 PM
I don’t get it. Everyone wants Hannan as our saviour.

6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 9 represents his possessions in half of his games this year. Rarely gets the ball. Fumbles a lot.

1 in 5 of his possessions are listed as clangers. I must have missed his good stuff.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2021, 10:16 PM
I don’t get it. Everyone wants Hannan as our saviour.

6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 9 represents his possessions in half of his games this year. Rarely gets the ball. Fumbles a lot.

1 in 5 of his possessions are listed as clangers. I must have missed his good stuff.

Who has said anything remotely close to him being our 'saviour'?

Legit question, not a statement. I haven't read all the comments etc.

Happy Days
10-08-2021, 12:18 AM
I mean, I guess its technically true that I want Hannan to be the saviour?