PDA

View Full Version : AFL Game Day R22 2021

Eastdog
08-08-2021, 08:59 PM
All discussion for Round 22, 2021.

bornadog
10-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Not confirmed fixture

LIKELY ROUND 22 FIXTURE (All times AEST)

FRIDAY AUGUST 13
GWS v Richmond – Marvel Stadium (7.50pm)

SATURDAY AUGUST 14

Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs – UTAS Stadium (1.45pm)

Port Adelaide v Carlton – Adelaide Oval (4.35pm)

Geelong v St Kilda – GMHBA Stadium (4.35pm)

Brisbane v Collingwood – Gabba (7.25pm)

North Melbourne v Sydney – Marvel Stadium (7.40pm)

SUNDAY AUGUST 15
Melbourne v Adelaide – MCG (2.10pm)

Gold Coast v Essendon – Metricon Stadium (3.20pm)

Fremantle v West Coast – Optus Stadium (5.10pm)

Eastdog
10-08-2021, 06:02 PM
Thanks for posting that BAD.

Eastdog
10-08-2021, 10:25 PM
Will they be announcing the fixture for round 22 tomorrow?

bornadog
10-08-2021, 11:42 PM
Will they be announcing the fixture for round 22 tomorrow?

Not sure. I think they are negotiating with Governments in other states, so may take awhile.

DOG GOD
11-08-2021, 12:26 PM
I’m hearing it will be in Launceston

Axe Man
11-08-2021, 12:38 PM
I’d be shocked if it was in Tassie going by the latest news in Vic.

A day is a long time in football! ;)

bulldogtragic
11-08-2021, 12:40 PM

All these footballers, staff, umpires, officials coming from a Red Zone while the MCG is free. Seems weird.

Grantysghost
11-08-2021, 12:49 PM
All these footballers, staff, umpires, officials coming from a Red Zone while the MCG is free. Seems weird.

Makes 0 sense. Must be someone lobbying pretty hard.

DOG GOD
11-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Exactly why I didn’t think it would be here.

Axe Man
11-08-2021, 12:54 PM

Makes 0 sense. Must be someone lobbying pretty hard.

I get what you are saying but if the Tassie government allow it it can only be a good thing to play footy in front of a crowd. Sure it would suit us better to play at the MCG but our (small) loss is the Tassie footy fans gain.

DOG GOD
11-08-2021, 01:07 PM
Tasmania premier Peter Gutwin confirms hawks/dogs game this week.

Grantysghost
11-08-2021, 02:06 PM

Cool. Good for Tassie. I do find it baffling that two teams from a state in lockdown travel interstate to play but maybe that's just me! Especially considering the rhetoric around how it moves to justify border lockdowns this morning.

Hopefully we can make the most of getting away as a group.

bornadog
11-08-2021, 03:02 PM
Cool. Good for Tassie. I do find it baffling that two teams from a state in lockdown travel interstate to play but maybe that's just me! Especially considering the rhetoric around how it moves to justify border lockdowns this morning.

Hopefully we can make the most of getting away as a group.

Hawks will have a contract and sponsorship money they have to honour.

SquirrelGrip
11-08-2021, 03:47 PM

I cancelled my flights and accommodation to Launceston yesterday. I'd booked it in when the fixture first came out.

bornadog
11-08-2021, 03:52 PM
I cancelled my flights and accommodation to Launceston yesterday. I'd booked it in when the fixture first came out.

Hopefully you aren't out of pocket

SquirrelGrip
11-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Hopefully you aren't out of pocket

No, the good news is that everything was fully refundable, but it was the one escape we'd had planned all year.

bornadog
11-08-2021, 04:03 PM
No, the good news is that everything was fully refundable, but it was the one escape we'd had planned all year.

I almost booked this weekend myself, just to get away. Oh well.

DOG GOD
11-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Damn. Sorry to hear that.

Eastdog
11-08-2021, 10:38 PM
ROUND 22 FIXTURE (All times AEST)

FRIDAY AUGUST 13

GWS v Richmond – Marvel Stadium (7.50pm)

SATURDAY AUGUST 14

Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs – UTAS Stadium (1.45pm)

Port Adelaide v Carlton – Adelaide Oval (4.35pm)

Geelong v St Kilda – GMHBA Stadium (4.35pm)

Brisbane v Collingwood – Gabba (7.25pm)

North Melbourne v Sydney – Marvel Stadium (7.40pm)

SUNDAY AUGUST 15

Melbourne v Adelaide – MCG (2.10pm)

Fremantle v West Coast – Optus Stadium (5.10pm)

bornadog
12-08-2021, 04:34 PM
ROUND 22 FIXTURE (All times AEST)

Game has been moved to Geelong

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 09:01 PM
Commentators are BS. So if it’s behind play or not impact the immediate play it should be no free?

These people get paid for their expertise and offer dumb ass ignorance.

azabob
13-08-2021, 09:03 PM
Commentators are BS. So if it’s behind play or not impact the immediate play it should be no free?

These people get paid for their expertise and offer dumb ass ignorance.

Do you think either of those giants frees were there? They were soft as soft

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 09:09 PM
Do you think either of those giants frees were there? They were soft as soft

That’s a fair argument. Saying one was going through at post height so it doesn’t count and the other was paid when the ball was in the middle not impacting play is ignorant.

I can see why both were paid, but sure soft. But at the same why was Lynch pulling Taylor with the ball not given the all clear and throwing elbows into backs invites attention. That’s what I would focus my commentary on. Why are these players doing unnecessary and dumb things.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 09:19 PM
BT: Was a great ball if Taylor didn’t intercept it.

*!*!*!*!wit.

azabob
13-08-2021, 09:34 PM
BT: Was a great ball if Taylor didn’t intercept it.

*!*!*!*!wit.

Bizarrely he kept going on about it!

azabob
13-08-2021, 09:34 PM
That’s a fair argument. Saying one was going through at post height so it doesn’t count and the other was paid when the ball was in the middle not impacting play is ignorant.

I can see why both were paid, but sure soft. But at the same why was Lynch pulling Taylor with the ball not given the all clear and throwing elbows into backs invites attention. That’s what I would focus my commentary on. Why are these players doing unnecessary and dumb things.

Fair points.

chef
13-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Great to watch. See ya tigers.

hujsh
13-08-2021, 09:51 PM
I just want to see someone keep out Essendon. Even if it's GWS

bulldogtragic
Great to watch. See ya tigers.

Just wish it wasn’t the plastics. But he’ll yes. Just one more week of footy shows saying they’re not officially dead yet…

They’ve been gone a while. Hopefully a few ask for trades out too, ones we like would be even better.

Grantysghost

So on board with this, and for their VFL side to finish last.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 09:52 PM

Essendon losing another final. I’m good with that.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 09:56 PM
Bizarrely he kept going on about it!

God he ruins footy.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 10:05 PM

Fair points.

Riewoldt just said what I said. It’s clear to the him and the Foxtel guys what the actual commentary is, and BT Ch7 go with their BS. What is the appeal of BT? Riewoldt is actually a good thinking and communicator I’m learning week after week.

bornadog
13-08-2021, 10:20 PM
GWS slaughtering Tigers? Can they go on with it?

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 10:31 PM
Yep.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-08-2021, 10:32 PM
Gee Tigers really have shut up shop for a long while haven't they?

Look like a side who just want a rest after so much success.

Will be interesting to see how they turn up next year.

jeemak
13-08-2021, 11:25 PM

I wish they'd talk a bit more about the Rioli legacy, reckon they've missed an opportunity.

As for Richmond, when you've got your coach bleating about where you play and other stuff you're not going to be able to hang on mentally unless absolutely everything goes your way personnel wise etc.

Still spewing they played out of their skins against us for a half a game. Why couldn't we get this Richmond?

jeemak
13-08-2021, 11:26 PM
I think Leon Cameron gets boned a bit too much as a coach, he's clearly pretty good at what he does and gets his team up a lot of the time.

jeemak
13-08-2021, 11:45 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again (and again), James Brayshaw has a really weird love of big men. He is a complete sycophant for them. The way he just gushed over Mumford (you know, the games biggest arsehole) was unsettling.

It was followed up by Leppitsch doing the same and Daisy was truly unnerved. She could barely get a word out of it afterwards.

Ghost Dog
14-08-2021, 01:09 AM

These sooks hate playing at Ethihad. Boo Hoo.
I remember Ross Lyon ( much as I dislike his persona sometimes ) stating that Freo would turn up and compete hard anywhere in the country, travel as no excuse. I admired him when he said that.
Hardwick's swipe at Etihad and petulance generally is annoying as hell.

If GWS go all the way to finals this year I think I will skip it.

jeemak
14-08-2021, 02:28 AM
These sooks hate playing at Ethihad. Boo Hoo.
I remember Ross Lyon ( much as I dislike his persona sometimes ) stating that Freo would turn up and compete hard anywhere in the country, travel as no excuse. I admired him when he said that.
Hardwick's swipe at Etihad and petulance generally is annoying as hell.

If GWS go all the way to finals this year I think I will skip it.

He coached the team that ruined the circle jerk at Pork Barrel Park in 2013, and almost took Freo all the way. For an apparently dour coach that year in the finals he scored 87pts. at PBP, 99 at Subi and it tightened up in the GF with Freo only scoring 62 to the Hawks 77.

Lyon should still be coaching, he's too good not to be no matter what you think about his strategy and tactics.

GVGjr
14-08-2021, 09:34 AM
GWS were impressive last night. I'm not sure the can go on with it but no team would want to catch-up them on a good night.

jeemak
14-08-2021, 09:44 AM
GWS were impressive last night. I'm not sure the can go on with it but no team would want to catch-up them on a good night.

G, I've gotten to a point where I don't want to play anyone.

Now that Clarko has stopped tanking to prove a point I'm worried about today. I was worried about last week and I'm definitely worried about next week.

As I've said above Cameron's a good coach and he's lost personnel, whilst running a reasonable injury list. If they hold seventh they could make it to week three of the finals and if they do I don't think there's any team in the competition above them that would be confident of banking the win.

DOG GOD
14-08-2021, 09:44 AM

Agree. They seem to be playing a more free flowing game style. They have stars , and if all those stars align, then they could do some damage. The cats game showed they can’t be taken lightly. They’ve also been on the road for awhile…that’s obviously not affecting them.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 09:53 AM

Now that Clarko has stopped tanking to prove a point I'm worried about today. I was worried about last week and I'm definitely worried about next week.

As I've said above Cameron's a good coach and he's lost personnel, whilst running a reasonable injury list. If they hold seventh they could make it to week three of the finals and if they do I don't think there's any team in the competition above them that would be confident of banking the win.

The Hawks midfield was very impressive last week against the Pies. Intensity was high, tackling pressure really good. Mitchell is back to his best and O’Meara seems like he’s found a new lease of life.
Worpel out helps he’s another big body through there.
They did beat us in that pre-season game at Whitten too so there’s that if you’re a match up guy so I’m sharing your concerns.

Next week for some reason I’m not as worried.

GVGjr
14-08-2021, 10:25 AM

It's a decent competition isn't it and one that you can't take a lot for granted no matter how well you are playing?

bornadog
14-08-2021, 11:17 AM
He coached the team that ruined the circle jerk at Pork Barrel Park in 2013, and almost took Freo all the way. For an apparently dour coach that year in the finals he scored 87pts. at PBP, 99 at Subi and it tightened up in the GF with Freo only scoring 62 to the Hawks 77.

Lyon should still be coaching, he's too good not to be no matter what you think about his strategy and tactics.

Carlton

Happy Days
14-08-2021, 11:45 AM
RTB would be so perfect for Carlton to undo all of the unaccountability that Teague drilled into them. It makes so much sense that there's actualy no chance Carlton would think to do it.

EasternWest
14-08-2021, 01:01 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again (and again), James Brayshaw has a really weird love of big men. He is a complete sycophant for them. The way he just gushed over Mumford (you know, the games biggest arsehole) was unsettling.

It was followed up by Leppitsch doing the same and Daisy was truly unnerved. She could barely get a word out of it afterwards.

Not that I care for ultraviolence but the G train should have performed the community service of snapping Brayshaw in half like he threatened to.

jazzadogs
14-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Tom Stewart likely out for a while with a lisfranc injury. That is a big blow for the cats. He's a gun (unlikeable, but a gun).

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Saints first 3 goals v Cats. Interesting.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Saints first 3 goals v Cats. Interesting.

Saints would absolutely flog us if we got them now. They’ve got great pressure and King is slotting goals. Actually, we’ve done complete role reversals with them to when we last played them.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 05:52 PM
Saints would absolutely flog us if we got them now. They’ve got great pressure and King is slotting goals. Actually, we’ve done complete role reversals with them to when we last played them.
They’re looking super impressive. Pressure is through the roof.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 05:58 PM
Saints 25 Cats 0

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Suddenly King looks better than Naughton. King can kick straight all of a sudden.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2021, 06:07 PM
Suddenly King looks better than Naughton. King can kick straight all of a sudden.

Impossible. If you’re a bad shot, you’re a bad shot for life and can’t even be trained to improve.

You speak no sense.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Tom Stewart out for the season.

Seriously if Melbourne can’t win it this year they never will.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Impossible. If you’re a bad shot, you’re a bad shot for life and can’t even be trained to improve.

You speak no sense.

Turned it around in 2 weeks.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 06:30 PM
Port and Cats also in trouble. Worst top 4 in memory.

DOG GOD
14-08-2021, 06:44 PM

They’ll still find a way to grind out a win..something we can’t do.

comrade
14-08-2021, 06:46 PM

They’ll both win.

chef
14-08-2021, 07:43 PM
Can't rely on Saints for anything

HOSE B ROMERO
14-08-2021, 08:02 PM
cmon saints!

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 08:19 PM
How many does Dixon kick on us next week?

bulldogtragic
14-08-2021, 08:33 PM

If the mids do nothing to defend like the last two games. Maybe 5. Keath suppresses that number to 5.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Carlton sent off Murphy in style. Just the lazy 100 point loss. Port playing like a top side.

azabob
14-08-2021, 09:12 PM

Dixon will get junk goals but I’m more concerned with their mid sized forwards.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Lions starting to pull away, worry about our percentage now.

We might be up that well known. Cmon pies!

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2021, 09:41 PM
Lions starting to pull away, worry about our percentage now.

We might be up that well known. Cmon pies!

Geez. It’s something only we could do isn’t it? Be top 4 all season and lose the last 3 to drop out.

DOG GOD
14-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Simple. Our game against port will be for a top 4 spot. Good…let’s see how much we REALLY want it.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 10:28 PM
Geez. It’s something only we could do isn’t it? Be top 4 all season and lose the last 3 to drop out.

134.5 v 131.7 as it stands. Theyve gained 3.6 so far. They'll pole axe the Eagles so yep as mentioned above next week is to stay in the top 4.

Hard to believe.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Brisbane thumping Woods.
Big percentage boost.
270%.
114 v 42 atm.

The Pie Man
14-08-2021, 10:35 PM
134.5 v 131.7 as it stands. Theyve gained 3.6 so far. They'll pole axe the Eagles so yep as mentioned above next week is to stay in the top 4.

Hard to believe.

Today couldn’t have gone much worse could it?

:o

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 10:41 PM

I've seen some stuff in my time, and I'm generally positive but have to say... I'm struggling with this.

Port are in great form, have Rozee and Butters back in form.... I'm bloody livid to be honest and I'm sober!

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2021, 11:00 PM
Brisbane now 132% overall.
They could end with a higher percentage than us even if we beat Port.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 11:01 PM
Brisbane now 132% overall.
They could end with a higher percentage than us even if we beat Port.
But we will have won more games.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2021, 11:06 PM
I've seen some stuff in my time, and I'm generally positive but have to say... I'm struggling with this.

Port are in great form, have Rozee and Butters back in form.... I'm bloody livid to be honest and I'm sober!

Your sobriety is wonderful but things look much better with fruit of the vine.
You are bitter because your 2 yo you lost.

Grantysghost
14-08-2021, 11:08 PM
Your sobriety is wonderful but things look much better with fruit of the vine.

Haha it's true. For a while anyway ;)

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2021, 11:14 PM
But we will have won more games.

And possibly lose top percentage first time all season and in final round, at the death knock.
Credit to Brisbane.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2021, 11:32 PM
How good is Charlie Cameron?
Outstanding good.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Hawkins bounced a head, someone else's. Will be out for 2 weeks MRO.

jeemak
15-08-2021, 01:48 AM
Hawkins bounced a head, someone else's. Will be out for 2 weeks MRO.

It'll be interesting to see what they do here. Hawkins was more sever than Cordy's but they won't want to give him two and will want to give Cordy one.

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2021, 04:46 AM

I am going to blame whoever it was somewhere in another thread who declared that we “didn’t need to root for anyone” for the rest of the year. We need to bump the rooting thread back open ASAP.

bornadog
15-08-2021, 11:41 AM
I am going to blame whoever it was somewhere in another thread who declared that we “didn’t need to root for anyone” for the rest of the year. We need to bump the rooting thread back open ASAP.

and I stupidly said top 4 was locked in :o

Grantysghost
15-08-2021, 05:59 PM
We simply have to win next week.

Just so the Dons have to play an insanely in form Lions in wk 1.

And stuff for us, but mainly that.

Port will be playing for a home final.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-08-2021, 06:01 PM
We simply have to win next week.

Just so the Dons have to play an insanely in form Lions in wk 1.

And stuff for us, but mainly that.

Port will be playing for a home final.

And I cannot stomach the thought of essendons first finals win in ages being at our expense. That’d be the last straw for me.

Grantysghost
15-08-2021, 06:24 PM
And I cannot stomach the thought of essendons first finals win in ages being at our expense. That’d be the last straw for me.

I might need a year off if that happens.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-08-2021, 07:29 PM
Peter Wright back to his usual standards. 1 behind today.

The bulldog tragician
15-08-2021, 07:42 PM

Don’t. Just…don’t ….

bulldogsthru&thru
15-08-2021, 07:47 PM
Don’t. Just…don’t ….

It’s unfortunately a very likely scenario. Us playing them that is. Unless gws lose to Carlton or the bombers to Collingwood, we’ll get them if we can’t overcome Port.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Stringer brilliant best today and with a strong sense of team play. Unselfish bull.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-08-2021, 08:30 PM
Cmon west coast! Can’t believe I’m saying that

bulldogsthru&thru
15-08-2021, 08:43 PM
Don’t. Just…don’t ….

Can’t think of anything worse than losing consecutive finals to the damn saints and bombers. Sorry I’ll stop.

bulldogtragic
15-08-2021, 08:45 PM
If Freo can learn to kick straight they could go well into the Top 8 next year. They will be very tough next year.