PDA

View Full Version : Football confidential - Fevola

GVGjr
18-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Did anyone see football confidential last night? I thought Williams and to some extent Worsfold were too aggressive with the media but having said that, it was good to see them pushing back.

What do you think might happen to Fev? He needs to be suspended in my opinion

Dry Rot
18-03-2008, 10:38 AM
What's he done this time?

A bit of Groundhog Day for Judd with his new club?

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 10:40 AM
What's he done this time?

A bit of Groundhog Day for Judd with his new club?

Took a whiz on a restaurant window at 4.20am Sunday morning.

The Underdog
18-03-2008, 10:54 AM
They'll find a way to not suspend him. They're not going to ruin their Judd buzz by suspending Fev and lessening their chances of winning. He'll get a fine and a suspended sentence and probably dropped from the leadership group. then on Monday we can listen to Caro bang on about how it wasn't enough on FC and look forward to some bad gags about it on the Footy Show tomorrow night. Glad I'll be unconscious really...

Dry Rot
18-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Took a whiz on a restaurant window at 4.20am Sunday morning.

Thanks. Dunno what the fuss is about, could have happened to anyone.

Is it the whiz or the 4.20am finish which is the issue?

The Underdog
18-03-2008, 10:59 AM

I think the footage on CCTV was the issue, that and it being in public view. Jesus, it's not like Melbourne doesn't have any laneways to piss in.

GVGjr
18-03-2008, 10:59 AM

Both are an issue. I think Ratten has to take a stand because when Fev was being shopped around, Ratten was the one who thought he could change him

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 11:21 AM
They'll find a way to not suspend him. They're not going to ruin their Judd buzz by suspending Fev and lessening their chances of winning. He'll get a fine and a suspended sentence and probably dropped from the leadership group. then on Monday we can listen to Caro bang on about how it wasn't enough on FC and look forward to some bad gags about it on the Footy Show tomorrow night. Glad I'll be unconscious really...

Caro will be really pissed if he doesn't get suspended because the game is against Richmond.

hujsh
18-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Did anyone see football confidential last night? I thought Williams and to some extent Worsfold were too aggressive with the media but having said that, it was good to see them pushing back.

What do you think might happen to Fev? He needs to be suspended in my opinion

The media vs players/coaches ect is the best part of that show

Go_Dogs
18-03-2008, 12:08 PM

Personally I thought Williams was very good, he's copped a lot over the years and I thought all of his questions and responses were fairly reasonable. Caroline Wilson is a very frustrating person and I was glad he took it to her a bit. He's a smart, switched on person and obviously didn't appreciate some 'media expert' trashing on his re-vamped finals system proposal, especially when they don't even understand it.

I missed the start of the show, but what has happened to Colin Sylvia? Couldn't find it anywhere in this mornings paper either. :confused:

Sedat
18-03-2008, 12:11 PM

It's one thing to have a slash discreetly behind a tree or in a dark alley, but there is absolutely no excuse for using the front window of a restaurant in a busy street as a public urinal. If Joe Average was caught doing that, he'd probably spend a night in the lock-up, and rightly so. I really hate the way the football community attempt to lower the common standard of society behaviour because their moronic brethen cannot adhere to the most basic standards of normality.

The 4.20am finish is just as bad, coming 5 days before their first game of the season. Carlton must be thrilled with the decision to elevate this meathead to the leadership group.

LostDoggy
18-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Carlton must be thrilled with the decision to elevate this meathead to the leadership group.

I'm upset Carlton didn't make him captain and I'm glad we went no where near him.

Dry Rot
18-03-2008, 05:20 PM
It's one thing to have a slash discreetly behind a tree or in a dark alley, but there is absolutely no excuse for using the front window of a restaurant in a busy street as a public urinal.

Fair enough - that's pretty rude.

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Fair enough - that's pretty rude.

Busy street at 4.20am?

Someone was still in the restaurant/bar to see him.

breed_of_dog
18-03-2008, 07:11 PM
It is a shame from Carlton's point of view because they had alot of good momentum at the minute and this has put a bit of a stop to it.

Mofra
18-03-2008, 07:33 PM
It is a shame from Carlton's point of view because they had alot of good momentum at the minute and this has put a bit of a stop to it.

Yeah... boo hoo, poor Carlton :rolleyes:

hujsh
18-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Busy street at 4.20am?

Still not great for the people who own it...unless they somehow market it to Carlton fans:rolleyes:

hujsh
18-03-2008, 08:37 PM

How'd they get that momentum again...oh yeah the whole tanking thing

Go_Dogs
18-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I missed the start of the show, but what has happened to Colin Sylvia? Couldn't find it anywhere in this mornings paper either. :confused:

Anyone?

GVGjr
18-03-2008, 09:19 PM

Sylvia has been suspended by the leadership group for 2 rounds I think.
They discussed if briefly with Dean Bailey

aker39
18-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone?

Melbournes leadership group implemented a 1.00am curferw. 4 days later Slyvia broke it.

Suspended for 1 week.

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Anyone?

Missed a compulsory training session after being on the piss the night before.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23359875-19769,00.html

ledge
18-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Big game for both clubs thursday night, neither would look good losing to the other, as neither have been any good last few years. Im interested to see if Carlton think Judd will solve all there problems and they already sound like a one man team the way the press is pushing it.

BulldogBelle
18-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Both are an issue. I think Ratten has to take a stand because when Fev was being shopped around, Ratten was the one who thought he could change him

Yes, I remember Ratten going into bat for Fev. Well he has been dropped from the Leadership Group & fined $10,000. Seems to go that way nowadays with the Leadership Groups of each club determine the penalties for their team mates...far cry from yesteryear when it all came from the heirarchy.

Bulldog Revolution
18-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Youd have to be disappointed if you had Sylvia, he still looks like he could be anything but is very inconsistent - he's almost a classic scott clayton draft pick

bornadog
18-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Busy street at 4.20am?

What is a so called professional athlete doing out, drinking at 4.20am and getting drunk when footy starts in under a week. The guy isnot serious about his football.

BulldogBelle
18-03-2008, 11:29 PM
What is a so called professional athlete doing out, drinking at 4.20am and getting drunk when footy starts in under a week. The guy isnot serious about his football.

A bit sad really, I like Fev, but obviously something has gone askew with him - perhaps now that he has been forced out of the leadership group it might give him some scope to think about his actions...because next time he does something, I don't think Carlton will be as forgiving.

LostDoggy
18-03-2008, 11:39 PM
A bit sad really, I like Fev, but obviously something has gone askew with him - perhaps now that he has been forced out of the leadership group it might give him some scope to think about his actions...because next time he does something, I don't think Carlton will be as forgiving.

I think they've been very forgiving this time. And many times in the past. His importance to the structure of the team means they are loathe to bite the bullet and drop him (I know Pagan did it, but that was almost his final desperate act before the death knell, as it were). They've done themselves a disservice in the long term to not suspend him this time, I think -- talent over character always shoots you in the foot in the long term. Carlton have always been about winning at any cost, and this is no different. I'll personally be surprised if they go anywhere this year, actually. Teams will just tag Judd out of the game and then it's the same old, same old.

Steve Johnson sat out FIVE games. Surely a week's penance for Fev would have been more appropriate than a slap on the wrist for a repeat, repeat, repeat offender, as an example to the rest of the young playing group, as much as anything.

BulldogBelle
18-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Steve Johnson sat out FIVE games. Surely a week's penance for Fev would have been more appropriate than a slap on the wrist for a repeat, repeat, repeat offender, as an example to the rest of the young playing group, as much as anything.

Good post beacon oops I mean Lantern, Very true they should have given him a weeks suspension, as the younger players will look upon this and think...if Fev can escape from being dropped from the side then in their eyes they can do the same, somewhere down the track. Geelong did the right thing with Johnson it showed the rest of the playing group, doesn't matter who are you, it won't be tolerated.

The Coon Dog
18-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Carlton are like Collingwood. Did they drop Tarrant & Ben Johnson? No, one rule for some players & another rule for others.

breed_of_dog
19-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Yeah... boo hoo, poor Carlton :rolleyes:

From Carlton's point of view I think they would think it is shameful. From my point of view, I don't care...