PDA

View Full Version : So - I missed the game yesterday (at the state league)...

mjp
15-08-2021, 01:50 PM
...should I actually bother to watch it???

Grantysghost
15-08-2021, 01:56 PM
Watch it in reverse.

Vred
15-08-2021, 02:02 PM
If you want to watch 3 hours of the most insipid football we've played under Bevo, go right ahead.

Would I? Not if you paid me.

Go_Dogs
15-08-2021, 02:48 PM
Leaving at half time to go and pick up some Maha meant I missed the only good patch of the game where we kicked 3 in a row. If you wanted to treat yourself and me, maybe watch that and tell me how slick we looked.

bornadog
15-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Our worst performance for the year, I wouldn't bother

comrade
15-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Watch it and then help me understand.

The Underdog
15-08-2021, 03:03 PM
As you can possibly tell from the tone of the forum, it was an incredibly discouraging, I was going to say effort, but that would imply that there was any.

The Pie Man
15-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Only Hawthorn fans would’ve called that anywhere near enjoyable, the 1st half was dull to watch, then it was just irritating. Neutrals would’ve switched off pretty early.

Didn’t seem to matter enough to our guys, we really were dismal

GVGjr
15-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Part of me would like to hear your analysis of the game MJP but other than the Hawks were pretty good I'm not sure what you would get out of it.

Hotdog60
15-08-2021, 04:45 PM
I went with you could but I wouldn't.
Depends if you want to analyse the game for your own thought processes and whether you think we have dropped right off, playing with the mind set I want to be fit for finals and a lack of interest in these few games or we have been loading up on the training and where to knackered to compete or all of the above.

It's not good to watch but you can always fast forward unless something catches your eye.

soupman
15-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Football is something I do for enjoyment. Yesterday offered nothing in that regard. Don't bother.

jeemak
15-08-2021, 05:46 PM
I went with don't bother. It was putrid and without redemption.

Move on, because we're not that bad.

hujsh
15-08-2021, 05:58 PM
If you do watch it do it in 2x speed so you have less time to ruminate on how horrible it is.

mjp
15-08-2021, 07:55 PM
As you can possibly tell from the tone of the forum, it was an incredibly discouraging, I was going to say effort, but that would imply that there was any.

Yeah - I try not to read the game day thread too much...couldn't see much point in reading it at all after a loss to the Hawks. I figured it wouldn't have been great tho.

mjp
15-08-2021, 07:57 PM
Part of me would like to hear your analysis of the game MJP but other than the Hawks were pretty good I'm not sure what you would get out of it.

Not much analysis coming from me lately. My other footy life is enduring the worst season imaginable...Bulldogs footy is purely for enjoyment right now and I try to leave any analysis to the bastions of the industry - David King and Kane Cornes.

mjp
15-08-2021, 07:58 PM
Only Hawthorn fans would’ve called that anywhere near enjoyable, the 1st half was dull to watch, then it was just irritating. Neutrals would’ve switched off pretty early.

Didn’t seem to matter enough to our guys, we really were dismal

My f-i-l and s-i-l are Hawthorn (family connection - former Hawks player is my wife's uncle) and they both seemed very merry based on the various text messages I have received in the last 24-hours.

mjp
15-08-2021, 08:00 PM
If you want to watch 3 hours of the most insipid football we've played under Bevo, go right ahead.

Would I? Not if you paid me.

C'mon. I flew to Sydney for the elimination final against the Giants in 2019. Surely it wasn't THAT bad!

Cyberdoggie
15-08-2021, 08:10 PM
C'mon. I flew to Sydney for the elimination final against the Giants in 2019. Surely it wasn't THAT bad!

At least that game was interesting and we were kind of trying but just not up for the fight.

This game we were just not trying and it clearly looked like we didn't want to injured like Bruce did.

After about 5 seconds of the game you can work out that the magic wasn't there. Bont fumbled and pinged for holding the ball, and it just continued for the entire game.

It was like grade 6 vs grade 3 keepings off. No guesses as to which we were.

jeemak
15-08-2021, 08:24 PM
Not much analysis coming from me lately. My other footy life is enduring the worst season imaginable...Bulldogs footy is purely for enjoyment right now and I try to leave any analysis to the bastions of the industry - David King and Kane Cornes.

And why wouldn't you leave it to these guys, they're all over it!

boydogs
16-08-2021, 01:40 AM
We played like we were coming off consecutive 5 day breaks

Bont usually breaks tackles for fun but he couldn't get the ball away