PDA

View Full Version : So who is brave enough....

bulldogtragic
20-08-2021, 11:37 PM
To say this team whose lost to Essendon, Hawks & Port WILL absolutely beat Essendon in Adelaide next week?

Adelaide is our nominated venue for home Finals. Brisbane will beat WCE and by more than 0.1%

EasternWest
20-08-2021, 11:40 PM
We'll beat Essendon.

GVGjr
20-08-2021, 11:42 PM
To say this team whose lost to Essendon, Hawks & Port WILL absolutely beat Essendon in Adelaide next week?

Adelaide is our nominated venue for home Finals. Brisbane will beat WCE and by more than 0.1%

We can beat Essendon, easily

Grantysghost
20-08-2021, 11:44 PM
Dons are actually playing really well have nfi why people discount them.

Toss a coin in that one, but I'd be backing the form team.

Mantis
20-08-2021, 11:45 PM
We need to make at least 3-4 changes to win as we have too many non contributing players at present.

Tonight would be heartbreaking so big test to see how we go.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2021, 11:47 PM
They beat us 12 days ago. I’m not going to say we will absolutely beat them.

In the past two weeks we’ve kicked most our goals in bursts, and looked impotent the rest of the time.

If we go ‘Threepeat: Done in 1 in ‘21’ - then I can’t see how there’s not wholesale review and possibly change in many areas. Stagnation in the form of three years out in week one is unacceptable.

I want to win. I don’t trust this playing group anymore this year.

azabob
20-08-2021, 11:48 PM

The problem is will we? Our attitude has been poor for 3+ weeks now. The coach can’t fix it, not sure why it will change next week

bulldogtragic
20-08-2021, 11:48 PM

Not can. Absolutely will, was the question.

The Pie Man
20-08-2021, 11:50 PM
That throw against Young with just over a minute to go sure looked like a handball on the replay.

Their weight of numbers proved too much in the end - went for a walk after the Rohan winner in Geelong (wow hasn’t THAT come back to bite us) how will I process this?

At least my son’s stopped crying now

Mantis
20-08-2021, 11:55 PM
The problem is will we? Our attitude has been poor for 3+ weeks now. The coach can’t fix it, not sure why it will change next week

He can fix our structural issues. He can stop picking out of form players. Our selection integrity is non-existent.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2021, 11:56 PM
That throw against Young with just over a minute to go sure looked like a handball on the replay.

Their weight of numbers proved too much in the end - went for a walk after the Rohan winner in Geelong (wow hasn’t THAT come back to bite us) how will I process this?

Just tell him what my dad did. This happens to you for the rest of your life.

That shit minutes vs Geelong, and those pissed away 4 premiership points could’ve wallpapered the huge cracks. Maybe that’s silver lining

Sedat
21-08-2021, 12:00 AM
If our mids continue to struggle, we won't be progressing far in September. They were well beaten again tonight by the opposition mids.

DOG GOD
21-08-2021, 12:03 AM
Our output over the last 5-6 weeks was spiraling. Ports inaccurate goal kicking made this closer than it was. Other than the first 10 mins, was we REALLY in the contest ?

Bullies
21-08-2021, 12:19 AM
We just look vert flat. Guys are either under done coming back from injury or they haven't missed a game and are looking tired. Macrae looks spent. We don't have the spread we had at the start of the year and the manic handball.

Just not sure what to make of it. Adelaide suits us so no excuses.

SonofScray
21-08-2021, 02:26 AM
Season is over. Week one and done for us. I think I saw a stat along the lines of no one with a record like ours over the month heading into finals has won one.

It’s a massive embarrassment, not far removed from missing finals in 2017.

We’ve absolutely pissed an oppprtunity for the flag to wag again down the drain. Pissed it away.

Dancin' Douggy
21-08-2021, 02:45 AM
Bombers will smash us. Stringer will play a blinder. Will complete the worst 4 weeks in football I can remember whilst being in strict home quarantine.

comrade
21-08-2021, 08:09 AM
Bombers will smash us. Stringer will play a blinder. Will complete the worst 4 weeks in football I can remember whilst being in strict home quarantine.

And paying for a membership for the pleasure on top of it all!

The Underdog
21-08-2021, 08:13 AM
And paying for a membership for the pleasure on top of it all!

I mean, you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to.

comrade
21-08-2021, 08:30 AM
I mean, you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to.

Um, I know but thanks for the heads up.

AshMac
21-08-2021, 09:57 AM

I’m not one to focus on umpiring or free kick count - but far out did it feel lopsided last night.

The number of holding the ball decisions paid only one way. The absolute disregard for frees paid in our F50.

It’s not the reason we lost - but it was absurd at times and the young throw is a perfect example

bulldogsthru&thru
21-08-2021, 10:35 AM
Of course we CAN beat them. The team that we’ve seen for most of this season would swat the dons away. But the team we’ve seen to end this season won’t beat them. And that’s the team we’ll see next week. There’s no turning around what we’ve all seen the last 3 weeks. We’re a broken side.

bulldogsthru&thru
21-08-2021, 10:38 AM
I’m not one to focus on umpiring or free kick count - but far out did it feel lopsided last night.

The number of holding the ball decisions paid only one way. The absolute disregard for frees paid in our F50.

It’s not the reason we lost - but it was absurd at times and the young throw is a perfect example

Completely agree. There are times I know I’m just sooking about the umps. But last night felt very, very suspicious. Young handballed it. No doubt. But then they overturned Boaks goal which I thought couldn’t be overturned. So who knows.

Flamethrower
21-08-2021, 09:36 PM
I saw some better signs last night that weren't there against Essendon or Hawthorn.

Whether we play GWS, Essendon or Fremantle, we should win if we bring that effort and just tidy up a few issues around stoppage and structure that are easily fixed.

1eyedog
21-08-2021, 09:44 PM
Nah we won't beat Essendon we're not a top 8 side at the moment we are way too far off the pace, we're throwing darts on selection night and I fear our coaching staff have lost the players. We must be receiving AFL hand outs to lose.

Boots
22-08-2021, 05:19 PM
Completely agree. There are times I know I’m just sooking about the umps. But last night felt very, very suspicious. Young handballed it. No doubt. But then they overturned Boaks goal which I thought couldn’t be overturned. So who knows.

I've long since given up on ascribing any real collective intent to the umps. A single ump might have a through-line of things they give away and things they ignore, but collectively they're a mess. And it's not really their fault, either - it's the game itself. The game needs one ump per 4 players on the field and isn't built in two dimensions (forward-back left-right) like rugby. The rules benefit players who pirouette, change direction and swarm in strange, unpredictable ways, all of which block line of sight even if you're standing still, let alone running at full speed to avoid crashing into players. The umps have no real chance of seeing anything consistently.

And no, I don't think we'll beat Essendon. Our boys are so, so tired and flat. They need a break. Even if we do win, it'll be like Collingwood last year, smashing West Coast in week one only to capitulate to the Cats in week 2. We're spent.

EasternWest
29-08-2021, 06:39 PM
We'll beat Essendon.

Get on my back gang I am leading us to the promised land.

hujsh
29-08-2021, 07:33 PM
Get on my back gang I am leading us to the promised land.

It's him! The Chosen One...

bornadog
29-08-2021, 08:15 PM
Nah we won't beat Essendon we're not a top 8 side at the moment we are way too far off the pace, we're throwing darts on selection night and I fear our coaching staff have lost the players. We must be receiving AFL hand outs to lose.

The old reverse psychology worked.