PDA

View Full Version : Creating some optimism

Eastdog
21-08-2021, 11:45 PM
It is so tough right now as Dogs supporters and I do not blame all of us for being down but I'm hoping we pick ourselves up and go into this final series all guns blazing and you just never how far we can go. We are one of 8 teams who have this chance to show something which another 10 don't. Let us make the most of it while we can.

Go Dogs!

jeemak
21-08-2021, 11:53 PM
It is so tough right now as Dogs supporters and I do not blame all of us for being down but I'm hoping we pick ourselves and go into this final series all guns blazing and you just never how far we can go. We are one of 8 teams who have this chance to show something which another 10 don't. Let us make the most of it while we can.

Go Dogs!

Nice one brother.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2021, 01:07 AM
Similar theme. We’ve had crap luck this week. But we should all be thankful we won our drought breaking flag in a normal year. Crowds, finals and GF at the G, grand final parade. The buzz around melbourne. I’d hate to have your best shot at breaking a 60+ year drought during this makeshift, gloomy and taped together covid season. Sucks dees fans. Try to enjoy it. Wouldn’t be the same for me though.

Grantysghost
22-08-2021, 09:47 AM
We've been in front of all the teams above us this year at the final siren.

We get our sh1t together we are a chance.

The season restarts next weekend.

Go Dogs!

GVGjr
22-08-2021, 10:04 AM
We've been in front of all the teams above us this year at the final siren.

We get our sh1t together we are a chance.

The season restarts next weekend.

Go Dogs!

There are only two words on the swear filter and they are words that shouldn't be used. Saying something is shit is OK

Ghost Dog
22-08-2021, 10:05 AM
When half of Australia is in lockdown, people are locked out of Australia, and the situation is so dire,
We are lucky there is any AFL at all quite frankly.
The players have to be doing it hard.

Melbourne Uni have a modelling and forecast page for the virus. Shit is about to get very bad in Australia.
Our form is not great but they are out there. Think of all the nurses and doctors.
The fact these guys are out there at all is pretty cool. Just enjoy it and don’t get up tight about it.
Go for a second team. It was great to see Melbourne do the cats in the manner they usually do other teams.

azabob
22-08-2021, 10:22 AM
When half of Australia is in lockdown, people are locked out of Australia, and the situation is so dire,
We are lucky there is any AFL at all quite frankly.
The players have to be doing it hard.

Melbourne Uni have a modelling and forecast page for the virus. Shit is about to get very bad in Australia.
Our form is not great but they are out there. Think of all the nurses and doctors.
The fact these guys are out there at all is pretty cool. Just enjoy it and don’t get up tight about it.
Go for a second team. It was great to see Melbourne do the cats in the manner they usually do other teams.

GD this thread is for optimism

angelopetraglia
22-08-2021, 11:15 AM
It a beautiful day in Melbourne today. The sun is shining. The lawn mowers are going. Signs of spring are everywhere. Blossom. Flowers. Don't listen to Dan ... don't just stay in your home. Get outside. Get some sunshine. Go for a walk. Take notice of the beauty in the world.

(p.s. wear a mask, keep social distance, follow the rules ... just use your time to get out of your house)

bornadog
22-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Finals are a whole new ball game, and the intensity goes up. Let's do it

Jeanette54
22-08-2021, 11:29 AM
With all the doom, gloom and angst which we have seen on this site lately, its good to see some positive thoughts for a change. Its also easy to loose sight of this year's achievements.

But, at a practical level, does anybody have any ideas with regard to what we (as supporters) can do to show our continued support for Bevo and the boys. Given we can't actually go and show our support on match day, there must be some sort of scheme which would allow us to get behind the club. Even in these troubled times.

I can't think of one, but maybe there are some ideas from the woofers on this forum.

Our playing group have done it tough for the last two years, now might be a good time to show them our support and appreciation.

EasternWest
22-08-2021, 12:12 PM
Bloody Eastie and his positivity.

Stupid, sexy Eastie.

Mofra
22-08-2021, 12:32 PM
We had Essendon on topats last time (our likely opponent) save for 2MP playing the game of his life. John Butcher kicked 7 against us once too and never got close to that performance.

We play them again with Stef Martin in the centre and I think we have them covered. Who knows what can happen after a finals win.

comrade
22-08-2021, 12:40 PM
We had Essendon on topats last time (our likely opponent) save for 2MP playing the game of his life. John Butcher kicked 7 against us once too and never got close to that performance.

We play them again with Stef Martin in the centre and I think we have them covered. Who knows what can happen after a finals win.

Keath will play on Wright and keep him quiet. I have no concerns we’ll see him play like that again.

GVGjr
22-08-2021, 12:52 PM
It a beautiful day in Melbourne today. The sun is shining. The lawn mowers are going. Signs of spring are everywhere. Blossom. Flowers. Don't listen to Dan ... don't just stay in your home. Get outside. Get some sunshine. Go for a walk. Take notice of the beauty in the world.

(p.s. wear a mask, keep social distance, follow the rules ... just use your time to get out of your house)

I've been hugely busy this morning mainly because of the beautiful weather.
All the bed linen washed and are out on the line drying, same for the towels.
The weekly shop has been completed, the work shirts ironed and work shoes polished (normally both a Sunday night task) and I'll start cooking a roast around 4.30pm.
After a quick lunch I'm going to hand wash the car.
In the evening I'll start plotting how we will deliver a thrashing to Essendon.
Not turning on the TV is the key :)

The Adelaide Connection
22-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Sure we would love these two, but what a positive that the injury list only looks like this:

Josh Bruce (knee) – season
Toby McLean (knee) – season

We can absolutely still win it (and take the VFL cup in the double for that matter).

josie
22-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Love the positivity woofers.

I too have changed linen, swept & dusted lounge ready to watch our doggies turn things around next weekend. The sun is glorious & just had a window meeting with my mum in aged care & she’s doing ok.

Our team are still in it and at there best can beat anyone.

As Scarlett said at end of Gone with the Wind, tomorrow’s another day.