PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Ladder

LostDoggy
19-03-2008, 10:35 AM
This is how I think the ladder might look like at the end of the season. The Crows is the team I am least confident about.

1 -- St Kilda
2 -- Geelong
3 -- West Coast
4 -- Port Adelaide
5 -- Hawthorn
6 -- Fremantle
7 -- Adelaide
8 -- North Melbourne
9 -- Collingwood
10 -- Sydney
11 -- Western Bulldogs
12 -- Essendon
13 -- Brisbane
14 -- Carlton
15 -- Richmond
16 -- Melbourne

Dry Rot
19-03-2008, 10:40 AM
What about the old "a team from the bottom 8 usually makes the top 4 next season" theory?

Interesting that you think the Hawks will be there while the Pies take a bit of a dive.

LostDoggy
19-03-2008, 10:50 AM
What about the old "a team from the bottom 8 usually makes the top 4 next season" theory?

Interesting that you think the Hawks will be there while the Pies take a bit of a dive.

Carlton are the ones likely to jump right up. Their list isn't that much stronger but their confidence could be enough to get them over the line is some close ones. In hindsight I have them too low.

Sockeye Salmon
19-03-2008, 11:04 AM
1. St. Kilda
2. Geelong
3. Freo
4. Hawthorn
5. West Coast
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Collingwood
8. Port Adelaide

9. Adelaide
10. Sydney
11. Carlton
12. Brisbane
13. Essendon
14. North Melbourne
15. Melbourne
16. Richmond

That's remarkably similar to my prediction last year. Maybe I was just ahead of my time.

Go_Dogs
19-03-2008, 11:10 AM
1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. West Coast
4. Hawthorn

That's my top 4 I think....Besides that Tigers, just about any other team could finish anywhere.

Dogs 24/7
19-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Top 8
Geelong
StKilda
West Coast
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Collingwood
Port
Adelaide
Bottom 8
Bulldogs
Sydney
Brisbane
Carlton
North Melbourne
Essendon
Richmond
Melbourne

Pembleton
19-03-2008, 12:17 PM
What is it about the Saints that has everyone picking them so high? Its been the same in the media predictions as well.

DOG GOD
19-03-2008, 12:31 PM
my ladder is:
1. cats
2. power
3. hawks
4. eagles
5. pies
6. saints
7. dockers
8. swans

9. lions
10. crows
11. kangers
12. bombers
13. dogs
14. blues
15. tigers
16. demons

Sockeye Salmon
19-03-2008, 12:42 PM
What is it about the Saints that has everyone picking them so high? Its been the same in the media predictions as well.

Competent backline
Excellent 1st choice midfield (if not that deep) now with added rucks!
Best forward line going around

I want to put a rider on my prediction - St. Kilda will win the premiership as long as Ross Lyon stops them from rooting around with the ball and goes more direct to Reiwoldt, Kossie and Gehrig.

Ozza
19-03-2008, 12:51 PM
My Ladder prediction:

1.Cats - Will win the premiership and won't lose more than 3 games.
2. Hawks - Rising stars
3.Saints - Probably too slow in the middle against good teams to challenge the flag.
4.Power - Still a very strong side.
5.Lions - More rising stars and J.Brown fir for 22 games means they won't get beaten at home.
6.Eagles - still good enough to win all home games and some bottom sides.
7.Dockers - Pretty good depth, should win 13 games.
8. Bulldogs - Need to get back to 06' form - if we get improvement from young players and Cooney and Aker have big ones...we'll be good.

9.Pies - Their loss of Clement and Bucks will hurt more than they realise.
10.Kangas - Just a solid side - nothing more.
11.Swans - Start the decline.
12. Crows - see above.
13. Blues - may start ok but will fall away as they usually do, better side this year though.
14. bombers - can't have them any higher - backline is suspect with pensioners running around there- too young everywhere else.
15. Demons - no depth, rubbish team.
16. Tigers - worst list I've seen since Fitzroy - their 'Best line up' looks like its injury depleted.

Pembleton
19-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Competent backline
Excellent 1st choice midfield (if not that deep) now with added rucks!
Best forward line going around

I want to put a rider on my prediction - St. Kilda will win the premiership as long as Ross Lyon stops them from rooting around with the ball and goes more direct to Reiwoldt, Kossie and Gehrig.

I think they are strong too, i've just never seen a side that finished outside the 8 the year before so widely tipped to finish top two.

hujsh
19-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Yeah it's weird. Similar list to the recent sides that could have won a flag but All the premiership predictions is weird.

LostDoggy
19-03-2008, 06:58 PM
The Saints are the Dogs of 2007 -- everyone predicted that we would finish top 2 to 4 based on our 'solid list', incredible game style and our form in 2006. A side that hasn't delivered in years will not suddenly start delivering (Geelong 2007 aside, but that was such an exception). The Saints have been in their 'premiership window' for a few years now, but their inability to finish sides off, an already lengthy injury list and suspect mental approach will ensure more of the same. The addition of an aging, injury prone ruckman and another who hasn't played in two years (plus the re-recruitment of an aging, enigmatic, formerly 'retired' forward) is hardly a guarantee of sudden quality.

I can see them in the eight but not much higher than sixth at best. I would actually be disappointed if we finish below them this year.

mjp
19-03-2008, 08:56 PM
1. West Coast - Home ground advantage is still strong.
2. Geelong - Hard to overlook. A lot of strong depth (Hawkins, Prismall) who will push through and keep them pretty hungry.
3. hawks - Goal kicking power, solid running backs and a hard at it mid-field.
4. Crows - Will be off to a flyer and midfield evolution is nearly complete.
5. Dogs - Way better than we are getting credit for and a hard match up for most teams.
6. Power - Will slip a bit, but pace makes them hard to handle and will get them 12 wins.
7. Dockers - Will still lose to teams who shouldn't beat them. Haselby a big loss. No midfield class at all (and now I have to watch them every darn week!).
8. Saints - I simply cannot put them higher - no midfield depth and injuries will come.

9. North - I see them just missing. They are getting a bit lumbering for my liking.
10. Dons - New midfield a year away from success.
11. Pies - Backline is in big trouble. At least we have Lake - they have no-one!
12. Brions - Well, it has to be the Black and Brown show again. But depth...too many average players in key roles for me.
13. Swans - I see a huge fall for them. Hall needs to kick 100 goals to propel them.
14.Carlton - Number one draft-pick town. I wonder why they aren't be criticised for taking Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer rather than taking a legit tall forward in the way we have been for the Cooney and Griffen selections.
15. Richmond - Not as bad as some think, I think they will win 5 or 6.
16. Dees - I cannot see how anything they have done since the end of last year is strategic in any way. Offload Johnstone, retain Neitz as skipper? Are they building for the future or guessing.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-03-2008, 09:17 PM
16. Dees - I cannot see how anything they have done since the end of last year is strategic in any way. Offload Johnstone, retain Neitz as skipper? Are they building for the future or guessing.

Agreed; Melbourne appear to be going absolutely nowhere. They've been belted on the park, lost Johnstone & had several players in mud (Sylvia the latest). Improvement can be seen from most teams in the league, but for The Dees it's looking rather grim. Their younger players still need another year before they can have any sort of reasonable impact, they have an average backline and up forward Neitz is on one leg. They're relying heavily on about 4 or 5 players to keep them off the bottom.

Hasn't been a good pre-season for The Demons, the latest news with Sylvia & Carroll certainly don't help either. Not sure if Bailey is running things particularly well? Perhaps though they're just due for a big rebuild.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-03-2008, 09:29 PM
1. West Coast - Points to be proven; still a major threat. Top 4 will be close, though.
2. Port Adelaide - Still plenty of talent & plenty of improvement. Home ground advantage helps too.
3. St. Kilda - If they keep injury free, they should have a list capable of a Top 3 finish. Big if though.
4. Geelong - Still going to be a Top 4 side, think they may drop a few games early though.
5. Brisbane - Flowing with talent & potential - they're this years jumpers IMO.
6. Hawthorn - Slide a little bit, but still will be a strong side. It'll be a close year again IMO, Hawks could finish anywhere.
7. Western Bulldogs - I think we are definitely capable of finishing higher, but due to injuries & dropping games we shouldn't, we'll finish around 7th.
8. Fremantle - In a way, they can't afford to not make the finals. Under a new coach with a decent but 'decreasing' list, they need results immediately.
-------------------------------
9. Collingwood - Likely to finish outside the 8, probably just on points. Clement is a big loss, as is Bucks. If they get a few injuries they'll be in trouble.
10. Adelaide - I predict they'll start strongly but fade late. They'll either just make the 8 or just miss. For mine, their young players need another season.
11. North Melbourne - Again, they'll start strong but will fade. They'll be pressured more this year, and should be found out a little for pace/talent.
12. Sydney - Ageing list, although some good young players coming through. Relying heavily on 3 or 4 players to keep them in the 8 though.
13. Essendon - Hate 'em but they're a proud club. Good youngsters coming through and still some guns up forward. Another year or two away from Finals.
14. Carlton - Judd might win them a couple, but he's not going to make them a 10 goal better side. No defence & a one man forward line. Any days their midfield is off, they'll be flogged. 2 years away.
15. Richmond - Hard to see too much improvement, but you never know. They'd need huge seasons from Deledio, Tambling, Riewoldt, Foley etc. and a few of them haven't delivered or will take another season or two. Simply haven't got enough talent to finish too much higher.
16. Melbourne - Explained above. Long season for them IMO. They're due for a bottoming out. Need to get rid of the players that have let them down over the past 5 or so years. Should of got a lot more out of the last 4 or so years than they did.

FrediKanoute
19-03-2008, 10:43 PM
TOP 8
Cats - still for mine the best team going around. after tasting success they will want a repeat
Power - surprised me last year, but they have lost nothing in hte offf season to suggest that they will be a diminished force
Hawks - up and coming power! Good talls, a quality midfield and Buddy......
Pies - yes they have lost Buck's, but then he barely played last year. They have some hardworking quality players and malthouse rarely has a bad season!
Saints - will storm out of the blocks and then falter in the run home. Good talls at both ends, but mid's need some work.
Doggies - We should make the 8, but lofty expectations of a top 4 and premlim final are premature. have the players, though unfashionable, to win enough games. Expect Doogs and Minson to be revelations!
Dockers - will be a surprise packet this season and will make the 8. last year, like us, the weight of expectation proved to much, but with harvey in charge for his first full year, enough home games and quality on their list it wouldn't surprise me if they finished higher.
Lions - If Jonathan Brown plays 20 games they will make the 8! Its likely he wont and I would thus expect them to just miss out. Black will again carry the mid-field and Hendersen will win the NAB Rising Star.

BOTTOM 8
Eagles - they may have a home ground advantage, but take Judd, Kerr and Cousins out of you midfield and they may as well be playing in Geraldton! This combined with their off field issues will see a slide in 2008.
Crows - ageing list will finally begin to takes its toll. Craig however always prepares a good team and they will win their share of games. Could easily sneak a spot in the 8.
Swans - similar to the Crows really, though they have started their clean out. I think they will struggle in 2008, but fortress-SCG will help them win more than they lose. Could make the 8, but will probably miss.
Blues - will improve on 2007 and probably be fairly competitive for the first 6 or 7 games before embarking on a losing streak through the middle part of the season. Judd will be a star for them, but they still have too many passengers. Expect bigger things in 2009/10.
Essendon - their young kids looked impressive (houli is going to be a star!) during the NAB cup which has rekindled the "baby bomber" dreams. With Lucas, Lloyd, Fletcher, Laycock etc they will probably finish higher than what I have them at, but I think that consistency & predictability will be their main problems in 2008.
Kangaroos - showed last year that a team of honest battlers will be found out in the heat of finals footy. Their game plan is not tough enough to play a lock down style and their players not skilful enough to play an expansive game. Also Laidley is the worst coach curretnly in the AFL and I would expect as the season progresses issues concerning their future to take its toll.
Tigers - the Tigerland faithful will endure another miserable season. The recession they had to have has long passed and has falled into a depression with little to really smile about. Brown, Richo, Johnson are all good players, but age and injury have caucght up with all and the gap between them and Deledio is too great. Will win a few games and blood a ferw kids. Expect to see the odd upset, but if they win enought games to avoiid the priority pick it will be a very disappointing game!
Demons - looking very average. Just can't see which positions they can consistently win in. Neitz will battle on, but they would be happy with 12 games from him this season.

mjp
19-03-2008, 11:48 PM
BOTTOM 8[/B]
Eagles - they may have a home ground advantage, but take Judd, Kerr and Cousins out of you midfield and they may as well be playing in Geraldton! This combined with their off field issues will see a slide in 2008.

Will not happen. Judd and Cousins barely played last year. And with no Judd or Kerr went within an ace of beating Port in Adelaide in the finals last year.

I would be staggered if they miss the top 4.

As an aside, if you reckon Subi is a home ground advantage, try Geraldton. The windiest place on the planet (and that is saying something given I have just spent three years coaching from Williamstown).

hujsh
20-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Will not happen. Judd and Cousins barely played last year. And with no Judd or Kerr went within an ace of beating Port in Adelaide in the finals last year.

As an aside, if you reckon Subi is a home ground advantage, try Geraldton. The windiest place on the planet (and that is saying something given I have just spent three years coaching from Williamstown).

Judd on fire early then Cousins came back when he was struggling and got injured vs Port. So still have a bit to prove

FrediKanoute
20-03-2008, 02:20 AM

Take your word for it MJP! Don't you just love pre-season predictions and speculations.....

Mantis
20-03-2008, 09:28 AM
1 - Geelong
2 - West Coast
3 - Fremantle
4 - St.Kilda
5 - Port Adelaide
6 - Collingwood
7 - Hawthorn
8 - Sydney

9 - Adelaide
10 - Western Bulldogs
11 - North Melbourne
12 - Brisbane Lions
13 - Essendon
14 - Carlton
15 - Melbourne
16 - Richmond

Picked us in the same spot as per the time capsule thread, but if we pull our finger's out we can easily finish inside the top 8. Our best easily matches it with over half of the teams I have selected in the 8, but if we can display it on a regular enough basis is another matter all together. In the past the gap between our best and worst has been too great, lets hope that gap closes this year.

Go_Dogs
20-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Agreed. Add in a few blokes like Shannon Hurn who are certainly ready to step into more serious midfield duties, they are still a very strong side, and have a great full back and full forward.

Sockeye Salmon
20-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Agreed. Add in a few blokes like Shannon Hurn who are certainly ready to step into more serious midfield duties, they are still a very strong side, and have a great full back and full forward.

They have an excellent full back and a big full forward.

Great is stretching it a bit, especially for Lynch.

They have a top ruckman (Cox), one gun midfielder (Kerr), a few good midfielders to support him (Embley, Priddis, Braun, Stenglein) a couple of young midfielders who might be OK (Hurn, Selwood, Rosa).

Glass is an excellent FB, Hunter is undersized but does a decent job @ CHB.

Hansen & Lynch are good size and are adequate.

Instead of having up to 5 probable All-Australians they have 3.

The rest isn't as scary as is was a couple of years back and they're an injury to Cox/Kerr/Glass away from missing the 8.

mjp
20-03-2008, 12:51 PM
The rest isn't as scary as is was a couple of years back and they're an injury to Cox/Kerr/Glass away from missing the 8.

Not a bad synopsis SS, but even with that injury they will still win 9 or 10 games from 12 at Subi.

That will basically get them into the 8.

Sockeye Salmon
20-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Not a bad synopsis SS, but even with that injury they will still win 9 or 10 games from 12 at Subi.

That will basically get them into the 8.

Yeah. I thought the same thing about the Crows, even when they're crap they still win their fair share of their home games.

The good thing about that is that it's most unlikely that a non-Victorian team will ever finish stone motherless last. When 1/3 of your list come from SA or QLD that's a good thing (new franchises aside).

LostDoggy
20-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Cats - don't think they'll go back to back but hard to go past as far as the minor premiership goes
Lions - if Jon Brown plays out the season they could do anything
Eagles - always thereabouts under Woosha
Dogs - i think we'll surprise a few people this year
Crows - I don't know why I have them this high but everyone they have will contribute
Sydney - Rejuvenated Hall will be a big factor, always tough to beat under Roos
Freo - rebound year
Port - overachieved last year, will drop back to a more realistic position this year

Saints - over-rated list, ever-lengthening number of injuries
Hawks - too many long-term key injuries, unproven back-to-back performers
Kangas - most likely to surprise, but hard to put them higher
Pies - no forward line, rely too much on Rocca, favourable draw as always but will be surprise strugglers this year
Bombers - flatter to deceive.. will not be up to the pace for 22 weeks
Richmond - will be better than many predict but not good enough to break out of the bottom four
Blues - not going anywhere fast
Demons - last year was no aberration.. this year will be worse

hujsh
20-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Cats - don't think they'll go back to back but hard to go past as far as the minor premiership goes
Crows - I don't know why I have them this high but everyone they have will contribute
Freo - rebound year
Port - overachieved last year, will drop back to a more realistic position this year

Pies - no forward line, rely too much on Rocca, favourable draw as always but will be surprise strugglers this year
Richmond - will be better than many predict but not good enough to break out of the bottom four

So no interstate team finishes bottom 8?

LostDoggy
20-03-2008, 06:57 PM
That fact was noted after I looked through my selections, but that's the way my cookie crumbled. If anything, it was actually a factor in my picks ie. I think there will be a bit of a yo-yo effect as far as interstate teams coming back to the field a bit then pulling away again, and last year was a 'back to the field' year.

Sockeye Salmon
20-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Freo - rebound year

Top forward line. Cloke, Rocca, Rusling and Reid give them good size. Didak and Davis givethem skill as well. Crap backline, but.

The Coon Dog
05-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Looking back at this I can see why I don't attempt it. Can make you look silly. A couple of years ago I thought Adelaide would win the wooden spoon & they made the Prelim!!

Bulldog Revolution
05-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Looking back at this I can see why I don't attempt it. Can make you look silly. A couple of years ago I thought Adelaide would win the wooden spoon & they made the Prelim!!

Very difficult to do it, and a credit to those that at least were prepared to stick there necks out

next year I will be one of them

Go_Dogs
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
I had Geelong and Hawthorn in my top 4. But West Coast and Port Adelaide too... Haha.

LostDoggy
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
The season is just one quarter old. Plenty can happen between now and the end of it. My bottom four (Dons, Richmond, Blues and Melbourne) look pretty solid, my top four of Geelong, Brisbane, Dogs and Eagles looks solid except for West Coast (but hardly surprising), and tipping the Saints to not make the eight, Port, Kangas, Pies and Freo to be middling sides and the Crows and Sydney to finish 5th and 6th are all still on track.

My main blooper so far is having the Hawks to finish outside the 8. Having said that, I still don't rate them as highly as every bandwagon does -- as I already said, 7 games does not a season make. I remember, for example, a Richmond team that won 8 of its first 9 games and went on to miss the eight. With Hodge out for a couple now, their depth will be tested. The fact is that their forwardline is essentially eccentric -- a conversion rate hovering around 50% is not a sign of a great side, and if their scoring opportunities dry up, so will their wins. Geelong only needs limited opportunities to bury a side, while Hawthorn have to do it over and over again. Buddy is Richo reincarnate (albeit better) -- he will frustrate. Mark Williams is the key to their forwardline. If he goes down, so will the Hawks.

22 weeks is a long, long time.

Mantis
05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
West Coast 2nd and Freo 3rd... I must have been drunk..

DOG GOD
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
geez i'm sure no one predicted how bad west coast would be this year. I'm a bit embarrassed where i put the dogs, but i'm glad they're proving me wrong at this stage.

Ozza
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
My Ladder prediction:

1.Cats - Will win the premiership and won't lose more than 3 games. Tick
2. Hawks - Rising stars tick
3.Saints - Probably too slow in the middle against good teams to challenge the flag. half a tick
4.Power - Still a very strong side. reckon they'll work their way up - so, happy with this prediction
5.Lions - More rising stars and J.Brown fir for 22 games means they won't get beaten at home.still think they'll play finals
6.Eagles - still good enough to win all home games and some bottom sides.way off!
7.Dockers - Pretty good depth, should win 13 games. way off
8. Bulldogs - Need to get back to 06' form - if we get improvement from young players and Cooney and Aker have big ones...we'll be good. comments were on the money - didn't think we'd improve this much though! nice one doggies.

9.Pies - Their loss of Clement and Bucks will hurt more than they realise. tick
10.Kangas - Just a solid side - nothing more. tick
11.Swans - Start the decline. bit better than I'd thought
12. Crows - see above. incorrect - crows have been really good.
13. Blues - may start ok but will fall away as they usually do, better side this year though.will be interesting to see where they go from here.
14. bombers - can't have them any higher - backline is suspect with pensioners running around there- too young everywhere else.tick tick
15. Demons - no depth, rubbish team. tick tick!
16. Tigers - worst list I've seen since Fitzroy - their 'Best line up' looks like its injury depleted.good on the tiges for proving me wrong!!

Interesting to look back on the predictions!

Sockeye Salmon
05-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Should have said suspension.

LostDoggy
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
My predictions at the sart of the Year Had Westcoast fith, Freo sixth and the Bulldogs twelfth.So I was way off with all of them so far.

ledge
06-05-2008, 05:25 PM
after round 7 my thoughts

HAWKS
GEELONG
BULLDOGS
ADELAIDE
PORT
SYDNEY
MAGPIES
SAINTS
ROOS
LIONS
BLUES
TIGERS
BOMBERS
FREO
EAGLES
DEMONS
I didnt look at the draw just based on what i see.
Coaches i think that arent up to it, not in order, Knights, Bailey, Harvey.

LostDoggy
06-05-2008, 05:34 PM

HAWKS
GEELONG
BULLDOGS
ADELAIDE
PORT
SYDNEY
MAGPIES
SAINTS
ROOS
LIONS
BLUES
TIGERS
BOMBERS
FREO
EAGLES
DEMONS

Other than Freo finishing below essendon and Carlton finishing above Richmond, I think that this will be roughly what the ladder will look like at the end of the season as well.

becmatty
07-05-2008, 05:51 AM
1 Geelong
2 Hawthorn
3 Bulldogs
4 Sydney
5 Adelaide
6 Collingwood
7 St Kilda
8 Brisbane
9 Port Adelaide
10 Kangaroos
11 West Coast
12 Richmond
13 Carlton
14 Essendon
15 Fremantle
16 Melbourne

LostDoggy
10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I have had an 'honest' go at working out where we will finish and I just keep getting top 4.

http://afl.allthestats.com/misc/ladderpredict.php

Anyone else care to try?

LostDoggy
10-05-2008, 05:01 PM
My end of year Ladder:

P W L D

1 Geelong 22 19 2 1 2457 1915 78 128.3
3 W Bulldogs 22 17 4 1 2522 2066 70 122.0
4 Adelaide 22 17 5 0 2320 1999 68 116.0
2 Hawthorn 22 15 7 0 2433 2043 60 119.0
12 Richmond 22 12 9 1 2286 2202 50 103.8
6 Sydney 22 11 10 1 2129 2026 46 105.0
7 Kangaroos 22 10 10 2 2169 2153 44 100.7
11 Carlton 22 11 11 0 2187 2240 44 97.6
10 Bris Lions 22 10 12 0 2185 2213 40 98.7
5 St Kilda 22 10 12 0 2142 2180 40 98.2
9 Port Adel 22 8 12 2 2216 2228 36 99.4
8 Collingwood 22 9 13 0 2202 2278 36 96.6
14 Fremantle 22 7 15 0 2071 2272 28 91.1
13 Essendon 22 6 16 0 2084 2513 24 82.9
15 West Coast 22 5 17 0 1932 2363 20 81.7
16 Melbourne 22 5 17 0 1905 2549 20 74.3

Sockeye Salmon
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
My end of year Ladder:

P W L D

1 Geelong 22 19 2 1 2457 1915 78 128.3
3 W Bulldogs 22 17 4 1 2522 2066 70 122.0
4 Adelaide 22 17 5 0 2320 1999 68 116.0
2 Hawthorn 22 15 7 0 2433 2043 60 119.0
12 Richmond 22 12 9 1 2286 2202 50 103.8
6 Sydney 22 11 10 1 2129 2026 46 105.0
7 Kangaroos 22 10 10 2 2169 2153 44 100.7
11 Carlton 22 11 11 0 2187 2240 44 97.6
10 Bris Lions 22 10 12 0 2185 2213 40 98.7
5 St Kilda 22 10 12 0 2142 2180 40 98.2
9 Port Adel 22 8 12 2 2216 2228 36 99.4
8 Collingwood 22 9 13 0 2202 2278 36 96.6
14 Fremantle 22 7 15 0 2071 2272 28 91.1
13 Essendon 22 6 16 0 2084 2513 24 82.9
15 West Coast 22 5 17 0 1932 2363 20 81.7
16 Melbourne 22 5 17 0 1905 2549 20 74.3

If Richmond finish that high and Port Adelaide that low I'll eat my own head

ledge
10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
GEE wish he put them in order!

LostDoggy
11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Just my opinion.

ledge
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
If Richmond finish that high and Port Adelaide that low I'll eat my own head

I wanna see that!
A cannibal Salmon

1eyedog
11-05-2008, 12:17 PM
1. Geelong .
2. Hawthorn
3. W Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Port Adelaide
7 St.Kilda
8. Collingwood
9. Kangaroos
10. Brisbane
11. Richmond
12. Carlton
13. Essendon
14. Fremantle
15 West Coast
16 Melbourne

LostDoggy
11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
&^^^ lol, that ladder looks familiar ;) how many changes are in it from the one now?

lol its much easier to do a ladder now than it was at the start of the season....

This is mine pre-season, feel free to have a laugh...it was made early March

1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. St Kilda
4. Hawthorn
5. Collingwood
6. Adelaide
7. Kangaroos
8. West Coast
-----------------
9. Essendon
10. Bulldogs
11. Sydney
12. Brisbane
13. Carlton
14. Fremantle
15. Richmond
16. Melbourne

1eyedog
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
&^^^ lol, that ladder looks familiar ;) how many changes are in it from the one now?

lol its much easier to do a ladder now than it was at the start of the season....

This is mine pre-season, feel free to have a laugh...it was made early March

1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. St Kilda
4. Hawthorn
5. Collingwood
6. Adelaide
7. Kangaroos
8. West Coast
-----------------
9. Essendon
10. Bulldogs
11. Sydney
12. Brisbane
13. Carlton
14. Fremantle
15. Richmond
16. Melbourne

I know, but that's the way I see it:D Too embarressed to put my pre-season ladder up seriously, I had West Coast at 3 and Freo in the 8. Seriously though I don't think there is going to be a hell of a lot of vertical movement from here. Freo may come up to 10 or 11 and we may go down to 5 or 6 but that's about it. If you look at it I have Port Adelaide well up inside the 8, that's a big change and the Kanga's to miss this year. The top 4 I MO are unassailable from here though.

ledge
11-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Top 4 seems to be getting a gap between others, would like to see how we go against Collingwood, Port and Kangaroos. If we beat them the top 3 will be miles ahead of the rest.

LostDoggy
09-06-2008, 10:22 PM
What is everyones thoughts now that we are halfway through the season?

hujsh
09-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Geelong
Hawks
Dogs
Sydney
Brisbane
Collingwood
Kangaroos
Adelaide

Rest don't matter

Hawks may slide but they're winning now so they stay.

Collingwood haven't shown me that they're better than Sydney yet.

Brisbane have such depth in the middle that i didn't even realise that Lappin wasn't playing

Roos are struggling but keep their spot.

Adelaide to hit the wall.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Adelaide
Brisbane
North Melbourne

Now that Richmond have returned to the status quo - this is what my list looks like.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Why will Adelaide hit the wall?

The Coon Dog
10-06-2008, 11:19 PM

They have had the softest draw of all, tho it gets tougher from here.

Sockeye Salmon
11-06-2008, 12:33 AM

Up and flying early. Lots of kids who tend to struggle later in the season when the bumps seem to hurt more.

Their next 6 games are:
Hawthorn
Brisbane (Gabba)
Geelong
Collingwood
Port
Sydney (SCG)

They could lose the lot

Murph
11-06-2008, 02:43 AM
My end of season prediction, though I could have easily penciled in 2 more losses. Seems pretty likely top 4 is certain. Fingers crossed :D

Geelong 22 20 2 0 2465 1908 80 129.1
W Bulldogs 22 19 2 1 2619 1982 78 132.1
Hawthorn 22 19 3 0 2521 1938 76 130.0
Sydney 22 16 5 1 2269 1837 66 123.5
Adelaide 22 14 8 0 2265 2007 56 112.8
Bris Lions 22 14 8 0 2336 2112 56 110.6
Collingwood 22 13 9 0 2416 2100 52 115.0
St Kilda 22 12 10 0 2145 2174 48 98.6
Nth Melb 22 9 12 1 2160 2225 38 97.0
Carlton 22 9 13 0 2082 2295 36 90.7
Port Adel 22 8 14 0 2138 2240 32 95.4
West Coast 22 6 16 0 1871 2347 24 79.7
Richmond 22 5 16 1 2066 2410 22 85.7
Essendon 22 5 17 0 2000 2526 20 79.1
Fremantle 22 3 19 0 1967 2334 12 84.2
Melbourne 22 2 20 0 1779 2664 8 66.7

Sockeye Salmon
11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
My end of season prediction, though I could have easily penciled in 2 more losses. Seems pretty likely top 4 is certain. Fingers crossed :D

Geelong 22 20 2 0 2465 1908 80 129.1
W Bulldogs 22 19 2 1 2619 1982 78 132.1
Hawthorn 22 19 3 0 2521 1938 76 130.0
Sydney 22 16 5 1 2269 1837 66 123.5
Adelaide 22 14 8 0 2265 2007 56 112.8
Bris Lions 22 14 8 0 2336 2112 56 110.6
Collingwood 22 13 9 0 2416 2100 52 115.0
St Kilda 22 12 10 0 2145 2174 48 98.6
Nth Melb 22 9 12 1 2160 2225 38 97.0
Carlton 22 9 13 0 2082 2295 36 90.7
Port Adel 22 8 14 0 2138 2240 32 95.4
West Coast 22 6 16 0 1871 2347 24 79.7
Richmond 22 5 16 1 2066 2410 22 85.7
Essendon 22 5 17 0 2000 2526 20 79.1
Fremantle 22 3 19 0 1967 2334 12 84.2
Melbourne 22 2 20 0 1779 2664 8 66.7

I've given up underestimating North. Every time I do they win again.

I picked them for bottom last year and 13th this year. I think the problem with North is they don't realise that they're crap.

St. Kilda are crap as well, but like everyone else they know it.

Murph
11-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I've given up underestimating North. Every time I do they win again.

I picked them for bottom last year and 13th this year. I think the problem with North is they don't realise that they're crap.

St. Kilda are crap as well, but like everyone else they know it.

Totally agree... I love the comment "I think the problem with North is they don't realise that they're crap":D Funny stuff!

I always underestimate North and always get bitten, the opposite for StKilda. At the very least I should swap the two around and get North into the Finals... but I just can't :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
11-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Don't worry about it -- North will finish above the Saints this year. Heck, Freo will finish on top of the Saints this year.

hujsh
11-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Those are the words I've been looking for to describe North

LostDoggy
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
The thing with North is that they are simply uber-consistent. They aren't the best team going around but they don't really put in a bad shift -- they are the same from quarter to quarter, game to game, week to week, putting in a quality, professional, consistent effort. A team that plays a good four quarters will beat them, but most teams just don't put four good quarters together, and they kill you when you have a bad quarter.

That's why I was so mad when we lost to them earlier this year. Our best is much better than theirs, but we just didn't play to our capacity for four quarters, and that's what we need to be doing consistently.

BulldogBelle
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Another prediction based thread on the ladder finish...

How close were you to picking the correct positions on that ladder?

hujsh
07-10-2008, 11:21 PM

HAWKS
GEELONG
BULLDOGS
ADELAIDE
PORT
SYDNEY
MAGPIES
SAINTS
ROOS
LIONS
BLUES
TIGERS
BOMBERS
FREO
EAGLES
DEMONS
I didnt look at the draw just based on what i see.
Coaches i think that arent up to it, not in order, Knights, Bailey, Harvey.

Pretty good bar Port

hujsh
07-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Geelong yep
Hawks ye
Dogs yep
Sydney
Brisbane
Collingwood
Kangaroos yep
Adelaide

Missed the saints for Brissy. Got the rest of the top 8 in there.

4/8 overall