PDA

View Full Version : Are we now the fan favourites ‘outsiders’ the media will make darlings

bulldogtragic
04-09-2021, 11:38 PM
Are we the new media darlings? Is the new narrative of the would be outsiders of misfits without our #1 Ruck & #1 Full Forward and maybe Weightman.

Clearly, the Ch7 & friends didn’t want us to win the last two games. But do they flip the script and back us with the title as underdogs to get behind public sentiment.

bornadog
05-09-2021, 01:01 AM
A lot of fans hating us getting all the free kicks we get.

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 01:09 AM
Nah were getting hated on externally for being in the umpires pockets.

divvydan
05-09-2021, 01:14 AM
A lot of fans hating us getting all the free kicks we get.

There's no doubt over the course of the season that we have the best FF/FA ratio and the first two finals have both been well above that.

Season it's 19.4 FF and 15.9 FA (we're by far the lowest FA). Finals have been 22-14 and 28-19 our way. Won't make too much of a judgment about what it should've been but certainly felt like we had a good run the last two weeks, even with some clearly wrong ones going against us.

I can certainly understand why a neutral supporter would hate the frees we're getting. Also that both crowds have been heavily against us pushes that perception further with all the booing and bronx cheering.

angelopetraglia
05-09-2021, 01:35 AM
We are playing Port. Everyone hates Port. How could you barrack for Port?

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 01:55 AM
I guess they go with Melbourne breaking the drought as the best story and go all in on them?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 02:48 AM
I guess they go with Melbourne breaking the drought as the best story and go all in on them?

Yep... Melbourne are the darlings in 2021..uggg.... 20 years of tanking finally pays off... and everyone lauds them for it ..... not this little black duck.
My preference.
1. Dogs win 2021 premiership...against melbourne in last 30 seconds
2. Dogs win 2021 premiership against anyone..
3. Dee's lose Premiership to anyone outside of Dogs
4. Dee's don't make GF.

jeemak
05-09-2021, 04:14 AM
Nope, the same underlying influences that run deep within the media that didn't want us to win throughout 08-10, but had to concede 16 are still alive and well.

It's not paranoia, it's actually systemic and political. How else can you explain the apologist nature commentary towards Essendon and Carlton, and the lack of heat for North Melbourne and Melbourne to simply get stuffed.

Would the AFL ever pay for us to Paul Roos ourselves for a few years just so we could show we've been Paul Roos'd in the Roos hole?
We definitely know the answer to that.

We are going to face six days minimum of defending ourselves against so called umpiring miss-haps, be given unfavourable coverage in our HOME STATE compared to Port Adelaide this week, and wind up having to play again after arduous quarantine conditions compared to our opponents with barely a mention of sympathy.

And then we are going to take it up to them in front of their dreadful song singing fans.

We are in the glow right now, just you wait for the next few days. It's going to be ugly.

SonofScray
05-09-2021, 08:27 AM
No way in hell. We are the villains in this campaign. Dees the feel good (blergh) story. Geelong the backs to the wall team. Port the valiant performers.

We are the spoilers. The unworthy. It’s all a conspiracy. Umpire’s pets.

4-8Q of the most intense, play by play footy for is as fans we’ll ever ensure. The joys will be ours alone.

Mantis
05-09-2021, 08:37 AM
We’re very much the outsiders… all the talk is that we only won because we got looked after by the umpires.

But who gives a toss… we go again!

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 08:49 AM
With Daniel's off-the-side of the boot but somehow intentional :confused:free kick I'm not sure how anybody can claim that.

westbulldog
05-09-2021, 08:50 AM
And then we are going to completely *!*!*!*! Port like they've never been *!*!*!*!ed before. In front of their dead shit, hopeless and dreadful song singing fans (it's not because of socio-economics that I call them dead shit, hopeless and dreadful).

And that is an understatement Jeemak :) I can still picture the bearded feral bogan on the boundary giving it to Sweet earlier in the year, that bloke is their supporter's poster boy.

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Nope, the same underlying influences that run deep within the media that didn't want us to win throughout 08-10, but had to concede 16 are still alive and well.

It's not paranoia, it's actually systemic and political. How else can you explain the apologist nature commentary towards Essendon and Carlton, and the lack of heat for North Melbourne and Melbourne to simply go and *!*!*!*! themselves at best, or at worst be rationalised and run out of town?

Would the AFL ever pay for us to Paul Roos ourselves for a few years just so we could show we've been Paul Roos'd in the Roos hole?

We are going to face six days minimum of defending ourselves against so called umpiring miss-haps, be given unfavourable coverage in our HOME STATE compared to Port Adelaide this week, and wind up having to play again after arduous quarantine conditions compared to our opponents with barely a mention of sympathy.

And then we are going to completely *!*!*!*! Port like they've never been *!*!*!*!ed before. In front of their dead shit, hopeless and dreadful song singing fans (it's not because of socio-economics that I call them dead shit, hopeless and dreadful).

We are in the glow right now, just you wait for the next few days. It's going to be ugly.

Never hate your enemy. It clouds your judgement.- Godfather

GVGjr
05-09-2021, 10:51 AM
We are playing Port. Everyone hates Port. How could you barrack for Port?

The interesting part of me is if we don't beat them next week they would be my preferred option to win the flag. No way I would want Melbourne or Geelong to win it.

EasternWest
05-09-2021, 10:53 AM
The interesting part of me is if we don't beat them next week they would be my preferred option to win the flag. No way I would want Melbourne or Geelong to win it.

I quite like Port and if not us I'd be happy for them, and certainly over the other two teams.

hujsh
05-09-2021, 12:01 PM
#freekickbulldogs

The Adelaide Connection
05-09-2021, 12:23 PM

It's not paranoia, it's actually systemic and political. How else can you explain the apologist nature commentary towards Essendon and Carlton, and the lack of heat for North Melbourne and Melbourne to simply go and *!*!*!*! themselves at best, or at worst be rationalised and run out of town?

There were clearly at least two commentators that don’t like us last week and their constant highlighting of apparent wrong free kicks moved into social media with ferocity and the whole thing has reignited the 2016 GF movement.

Watch back the play when Daniher centres the ball (which results in a mark and goal to get them back in it). They even showed a slow motion of this from an alternative angle which shows Zorko (?) clotheslining R. Smith (not just blocking him) and the commentary team go quiet. If that had been us they would have bitched and moaned about it until the next bounce.

Luke Darcy was the only one going for us and he completely overcorrects by going bigger for the opposition and joined the Bulldog free kick bashing club. He is obviously trying to bury his bias, but it doesn’t do us any favours.

What we need is Al to put together a montage of all dodgy free kicks Brisbane got or missed decisions that went their way (of which there were a lot). Hell, do the 2016 GF while he is at it- because that shit montage that someone created showing four or five free kicks started this whole thing.

My fear is, with home crowd AO rub of the green coming their way anyway- that might be on Turbo against us this weekend.

Grantysghost
05-09-2021, 12:27 PM
The Caleb deliberate was insane and five minutes later Mcinerney actually put it out deliberately and not a word.

Twodogs
05-09-2021, 12:43 PM
The Bont goal that was over turned too. There is no way anyone could definitely call it one way or the other. It was pure speculation, and it should have gone back to the goal umpire's original call.

EasternWest
05-09-2021, 12:44 PM
The Bont goal that was turned over too. No way anyone could definitely call it one way or the other. It was pure speculation, that call should have gone back to the umpires original call.

Bont's reaction said it all for me.

Happy Days
05-09-2021, 01:05 PM
I’m pretty sure everyone else hates us. Whatever they can bite it.

hujsh
05-09-2021, 01:09 PM

Which is weird because at best we've been average since 2016 and we don't exactly have any big scandals or anything but *!*!*!*! them regardless.

bornadog
05-09-2021, 01:13 PM
Which is weird because at best we've been average since 2016 and we don't exactly have any big scandals or anything but *!*!*!*! them regardless.

I don't care what other supporters think or say. On Twitter they attack and attack - I just reply with one word Sooks. :)

bulldogsthru&thru
05-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Another missed call. VDMs point. If Libba was called for in the back moments earlier, that was also in the back.

Theres that.
Zorkos block.
Daniels deliberate
Bonts overturn (don’t care if it changed trajectory or not, it’s not conclusive so shouldn’t be overturned. Saying it changed when straight off the boot isn’t logical enough.)
Libba in the back
Missed HTB after Vanders tackle in the 4th

I could go on. Yeah we had some go our way but 30 seconds of thinking brings at least half a dozen that went against us. The reason everyone is sooking is because we’re fu*king this league up and all the entitled pricks everywhere else are scared bout us not being their second team anymore. Fu*k them all I hope we bury them in their own salty tears.

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 01:22 PM

Isn't this what we always wanted? Not to be everyones second team. 2016 started the spite let's carry it into a flag winning 2021.

Twodogs
05-09-2021, 01:24 PM

The fact they get so salty just makes it more enjoyable I reckon.

*!*!*!*! everyone else. We're the Bulldogs!

ratsmac
05-09-2021, 06:16 PM
I think there's not one comment I haven't loved in this thread! If you're hated in the footy world you're doing something right

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 09:32 PM
Travel back in time and read or listen to some of the comments about us by Kane Cornes.
In your face buddy. In....your....face.

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 09:34 PM
I posted in another thread and I'll say it again it was their home ground that a huge advantage. If they were better they would've won by at least a few goals.

If they were clearly the better team they would've never been in that position to have to fight for a few points.
All they have to do is score a single point to make it a draw in the last quarter and twice they kicked it out of bounds on the full.
The umpires have nothing to do with that.
And why hate us because of the umpiring standard anyway? Nothing to do with us.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2021, 10:09 PM
Interesting isn't it our pride and prejudice.
My dad died the year Melbourne last won the flag. He had played for their reserves.
If we do not win I want them to win. They have been in hell long enough to deserve some heaven and are the team of our great city.
Port and Geelong can go jump.

Scraggers
05-09-2021, 11:12 PM
Interesting isn't it our pride and prejudice.
My dad died the year Melbourne last won the flag. He had played for their reserves.
If we do not win I want them to win. They have been in hell long enough to deserve some heaven and are the team of our great city.
Port and Geelong can go jump.

There’s quite a few Melbourne players I can’t stand; that being said, I wouldn’t mind if they broke their drought (as long as it’s not against us :cool:

1eyedog
06-09-2021, 12:52 PM
https://fb.watch/7RbjPHg90b/

bornadog
06-09-2021, 12:57 PM
https://fb.watch/7RbjPHg90b/

Every Bulldog houeshold, right there

Happy Days
06-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Anyone wanna cop to being in that?

1eyedog
06-09-2021, 01:00 PM
Every Bulldog houeshold, right there

This is all that matters. Just us.

1eyedog
06-09-2021, 01:02 PM
Anyone wanna cop to being in that?

Pretty sure that's DOG GOD standing behind the couch with a beer.