PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else *!*!*!*!ing exhausted?

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 11:12 AM
I’m on maybe 3 hours sleep. I haven’t been that wired since 2016 PF & GF.

chef
05-09-2021, 11:14 AM
I'm struggling with the fact we are in a PF and we can't go.

westdog54
05-09-2021, 11:15 AM
I was so exhausted from watching the game that once I'd read to the kids for a few minutes I was stuffed and completely crashed.

The bulldog tragician
05-09-2021, 11:19 AM

This is a cruel fact isn’t it. Let alone potentially missing a granny.

comrade
05-09-2021, 11:22 AM
The last quarter was up there with the 2016 prelim in terms of sustained torture.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 11:30 AM
The last quarter was up there with the 2016 prelim in terms of sustained torture.

Despite my posting, I’m usually pretty calm. But 4 minutes out, I started pacing. I don’t yell either, but folks in Sydney and Melbourne would have heard me. We are usually on the wrong end if these results. To be on the good side, was exhausting and electric and when I was looking for a promised hug from EW he wasn’t even in the state.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 11:31 AM

Aren’t chefs essential workers? Surely there’s a restaurant near the AO that needs a gun chef… :D

Mantis
05-09-2021, 11:33 AM
It was a draining game… just mentally engaged the whole time.

So glad we won… we battled our ass off and it’s so important to get rewarded with the ‘W’.

After being flat as a tack after Rd.23 it’s a whole new feeling now… let’s hope we get some luck on the injury front, but we know Port will be shitting themselves. They’ve had a dream run and we’ve been thrown all over the place…. But they know we’re coming for them. We’re riding the momentum train now and they’re next!

angelopetraglia
05-09-2021, 11:40 AM

Our 9th Prelim since 1985 and the first one I won't be able to attend in person. So disappointing.

The Adelaide Connection
05-09-2021, 11:45 AM
After the initial jumping out of my seat I sat back down and didn’t move for over an hour (even after the recording finished and the cinema screen went blue).

Time to work out when members tickets go on sale- it’s going to be a mad rush to try to get some.

Grantysghost
05-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Our 9th Prelim since 1985 and the first one I won't be able to attend in person. So disappointing.

Same. Shizen hausen!

Just watched the last qtr, it was just as hard to watch.

Bailey Smith my God ICE ICE BABY!

SonofScray
05-09-2021, 11:48 AM
I stood up and paced in the lounge room all game. HR never actually spiked too high, which is a credit to my peak physical conditioning. Or blood pressure issues.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 11:54 AM
I stood up and paced in the lounge room all game. HR never actually spiked too high, which is a credit to my peak physical conditioning. Or blood pressure issues.

Surely your cardiologist banned you from watching our games for a while.

Twodogs
05-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Yep. I stood and watched and paced most of the last quarter and rode most of the bumps,vmy legs are a bit tired this morning.. Didn't get to sleep until about 4ish because I was reading.

Eastdog
05-09-2021, 06:22 PM
I was standing at home for pretty much the whole final quarter. Was really nerve racking that is sure. 2016 prelim final vibes with this one.

Eastdog
05-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Was nervous right at the end when Caleb Daniel had it and kicked it away. Thank goodness Rorake Smith took that mark.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 06:31 PM
After the initial jumping out of my seat I sat back down and didn’t move for over an hour (even after the recording finished and the cinema screen went blue).

Time to work out when members tickets go on sale- it’s going to be a mad rush to try to get some.

The Brissie Woofer contingent has done its job this week, its over to our SA Woofers to get us over the line next week!

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 06:35 PM
The Brissie Woofer contingent has done its job this week, its over to our SA Woofers to get us over the line next week!

Hopefully the families of Young, McNeil, Sweet, Daniel & Williams have bought up good numbers of memberships.

merantau
05-09-2021, 08:31 PM
It was an emotionally draining night spent on tension overload. I really thought we had it won after Baz's goal. My heart dropped through the soles of my feet when Bailey replied in a trice. I thought we would get dudded by a dodgy free, a fickle bounce or a goal umpiring howler. We screamed our heads off. Unforgettable experience.

macca
05-09-2021, 08:35 PM
One of the best games I have every watched, I was on edge of my seat, grinding my teeth nervously. Spent at end of game, but jubliant. We pulled off a close game against crap umpiring.

Going to watch the highlights again, for the third time...

Loved how Zorko choked twice in the dying minutes with his kick on goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-yyRd5Fm-A

Enjoy!

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 08:36 PM
Imagine lockdown and watching that without WOOF? So far a part, but close in the sharing of an amazing experience. Same for this week too. While we differ on things, I know I appreciate this place probably even more than ever before.

westdog54
05-09-2021, 08:36 PM
One of the best games I have every watched, I was on edge of my seat, grinding my teeth nervously.

Going to watch the highlights again, for the third time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-yyRd5Fm-A

Enjoy!

I didn't think anything would ever top the 2016 prelim.

Last night was out of this world.

EasternWest
05-09-2021, 08:46 PM
I didn't think anything would ever top the 2016 prelim.

Last night was out of this world.

Recency bias.

Last night was amazing, but the 2016 prelim was hands down the best game I've ever seen.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Recency bias.

Last night was amazing, but the 2016 prelim was hands down the best game I've ever seen.

Yep. Best game I’ve ever been to. Better than the GF.

comrade
05-09-2021, 09:08 PM
Recency bias.

Yeah, the quality of footy that night was at another level to last night and pretty much every game I've ever seen before or since.

Last night was epic though.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-09-2021, 12:30 AM
Imagine lockdown and watching that without WOOF? So far a part, but close in the sharing of an amazing experience. Same for this week too. While we differ on things, I know I appreciate this place probably even more than ever before.

Yep, this place has helped us stay afloat.

Let's hope we have 2 weeks in us.

bornadog
06-09-2021, 10:24 AM
Yep, this place has helped us stay afloat.

Let's hope we have 2 weeks in us.

Win this week and we get a week off, which I think will really help us.

Grantysghost
06-09-2021, 10:35 AM

Agree - I actually think I was having some sort of mental anomaly during the game I was not handling the pressure at all (i need to social distance from my devices). I'm invoking a new count to 30 rule before I post on game day we all see it differently and all opinions are valid. It's that damn emotion thing!

Woof has been a great distraction during lock-down, thanks to all the contributors bloody intelligent bunch you lot :)