PDA

View Full Version : Jack Macrae

Mitcha
05-09-2021, 02:42 PM
Just wanted to drop this here.
Has been All Australian three times now 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Incredibly has never won our best and fairest award. If not for the Bont he could have won three or four so consistent has he been. Now Bont may well win the Brownlow this year but does anyone think Jacko might take home our Charlie? As much as we love the Bont I personally would like to see Jacko win our award sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Incredibly has never won our best and fairest award. If not for the Bont he could have won three or four so consistent has he been. Now Bont may well win the Brownlow this year but does anyone think Jacko might take home our Charlie? As much as we love the Bont I personally would like to see Jacko win our award sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

A few years back both boys had their best finish in the Brownlow, tied with 22 votes. The umpires clearly see both highly. The AFLCA sees them highly too. Who knows how that plays out on Brownlow night. As the B&F, who knows. It’s no reflection though, Scott West won 29 in a row. But there were plenty of other guns too around Westy. He’s clearly good enough to win it, and I think he will at some point. I wouldn’t write him off this year either.

The bulldog tragician
05-09-2021, 03:27 PM
I have a fantasy where they tie for the Brownlow.

Jackson has worked to overcome weaknesses in his game like no one I’ve seen before. The fact that his kicks into the forward line are now penetrating and laser-like instead of dinky floaters is a testament to his work ethic.

He is both lucky/unlucky to be a gun in the time of The Bont. Lucky because he’s rarely tagged ( a hangover I think from the ‘40 touches that don’t hurt days). Lucky because everyone is simply better playin alongside Bont, and their connections at clearances last night are surely a function of playing more than 150 games together. Unlucky because he is still not given the right recognition even by some of our own. I just love Jackson Macrae, future Bulldogs Hall of Famer.

whythelongface
05-09-2021, 04:08 PM
Was his game one of the all time great performances in a final? He was immense and led from the front. Just brilliant.

39 disposals (1st on ground)
1 goal
11 clearances (1st)
11 inside 50's (1st)
813m gained (1st)
19 contested possessions (1st)
9 score involvements (2nd)

GVGjr
05-09-2021, 04:19 PM

He's clearly a very important player to the team but because of his quiet public image and that he keeps a lower profile he does not get the level of acknowledgement he should.
He was excellent last night and that goal he kicked was telling. I really don't care much for Bronwlow medals but Macrae does deserve a B&F with us because of the consistent high standard of his footy.

Ghost Dog
06-09-2021, 12:15 AM
He's clearly a very important player to the team but because of his quiet public image and that he keeps a lower profile he does not get the level of acknowledgement he should.
He was excellent last night and that goal he kicked was telling. I really don't care much for Bronwlow medals but Macrae does deserve a B&F with us because of the consistent high standard of his footy.

Regards your observations G, Some fun writing by Gleeson on this topic I thought worth highlighting.

Partly it is because he isn’t eye-catching in the way his extravagantly hirsute teammates Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton are. He also doesn’t have Homer Simpson tattooed on body parts and a Groucho Marx moustache like pack burrower Tom Liberatore. Macrae’s hair looks more accountant than barista.

And yet, he delivers weekly with the reliability of a Toyota. He amasses possessions – he averaged 33 touches a game this year, is a big body and an excellent kick. He doesn’t do anything badly. Maybe he is a poor cook, or can’t do origami. It would be his only weakness.

Smads57
06-09-2021, 10:44 AM
I have been thinking lately Jacko would have to be close to breaking thru for a Dogs BnF this year. The voting system used by the club is around players meeting internal KPIs so he has to be a chance. (No disrespect for the Bont intended)

ratsmac
06-09-2021, 01:32 PM
Was his game one of the all time great performances in a final? He was immense and led from the front. Just brilliant.

1 goal
11 clearances (1st)
11 inside 50's (1st)
813m gained (1st)

That's huge! What a jet

Testekill
06-09-2021, 04:23 PM

1 goal
11 clearances (1st)
11 inside 50's (1st)
813m gained (1st)

I think that it's better than Neale from the week before. Brisbane never really got near it against the Demons while our match was an arm wrestle the entire time.

Ozza
06-09-2021, 05:03 PM
If Jacko gets 31 this weekend, he will have had the most disposal of any player in a season in history. He would be odds on to get 31.

Ghost Dog
06-09-2021, 05:07 PM
The Accountant. Always gets his numbers.

Twodogs
06-09-2021, 08:15 PM
If Jacko gets 31 this weekend, he will have had the most disposal of any player in a season in history. He would be odds on to get 31.

I'm hoping that he gets two games to get there.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2021, 05:25 PM
I have a fantasy where they tie for the Brownlow.

Jackson has worked to overcome weaknesses in his game like no one I’ve seen before. The fact that his kicks into the forward line are now penetrating and laser-like instead of dinky floaters is a testament to his work ethic.

He is both lucky/unlucky to be a gun in the time of The Bont. Lucky because he’s rarely tagged ( a hangover I think from the ‘40 touches that don’t hurt days). Lucky because everyone is simply better playin alongside Bont, and their connections at clearances last night are surely a function of playing more than 150 games together. Unlucky because he is still not given the right recognition even by some of our own. I just love Jackson Macrae, future Bulldogs Hall of Famer.
Haha great and semi realistic fantasy!
Jackson is almost untaggable with his height, strength, running ability and smarts.
He has a potent left peg and with his build should have.
He concentrated on insuring his kicks precisely find a team mate but now he can kick long penetrators. His application is zen.

Go_Dogs
07-09-2021, 09:20 PM
Regards your observations G, Some fun writing by Gleeson on this topic I thought worth highlighting.

Partly it is because he isn’t eye-catching in the way his extravagantly hirsute teammates Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton are. He also doesn’t have Homer Simpson tattooed on body parts and a Groucho Marx moustache like pack burrower Tom Liberatore. Macrae’s hair looks more accountant than barista.

And yet, he delivers weekly with the reliability of a Toyota. He amasses possessions – he averaged 33 touches a game this year, is a big body and an excellent kick. He doesn’t do anything badly. Maybe he is a poor cook, or can’t do origami. It would be his only weakness.

The Nator does it all.

Mitcha
12-09-2021, 10:19 AM
Absolute Freakshow. Bont for Brownlow, Nator for Norm Smith and B and F.