PDA

View Full Version : Port Adelaide V Western Bulldogs - 2nd Preliminary Final 2021

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Eastdog
05-09-2021, 11:54 PM
Margin: Dogs by 4 points - through to our 4th grand final in another close one :)
First goal: Macrae
Best on ground: Libba

The Adelaide Connection
06-09-2021, 12:27 AM
For anyone in SA wanting access to tickets, they are going on sale Tomorrow!

Second Preliminary Final - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs

The Western Bulldogs will play Port Adelaide in the second preliminary final on Saturday 11 September at the Adelaide Oval. The match start time is 7:40pm AEST (7:10pm ACST - local Adelaide time).

Club and AFL members will have access to preliminary final tickets during a priority on-sale between 12:30pm and 4:30pm AEST (12:00pm and 4:00pm ACST - local Adelaide time) on Monday 6 September 2021 via Ticketek.
After this time, any remaining tickets will be opened to the general public for purchase from 5:30pm AEST (5:00pm ACST - local Adelaide time), Monday 6 September.

http://www.ticketek.com.au/aflfinals

boydogs
06-09-2021, 12:45 AM
WB by 10
First goal Dunkley
BOG Duryea

azabob
06-09-2021, 09:17 AM
Can someone explain to me why we are heading to Perth and not Adelaide?

bulldogtragic
06-09-2021, 09:20 AM

It’s a guess. But Adelaide is a hotel. Perth is a resort. Plus if we win I imagine our ‘time served’ for WA freedom starts earlier so if we win we get to participate in the GF parade, Brownlow etc and have far more freedom.

But it’s a guess.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2021, 09:20 AM

I'm guessing its got something to do with commencing WA quarantine period to enable the GF to go ahead there?

comrade
06-09-2021, 09:28 AM
Let's assume Bont plays and Cody misses which is the most likely scenario right now.

How do we win this?

They've got us covered in the ruck, their forward line is lethal with a mix of talls and potent smalls, and their defensive structure is rock solid. We may have a slight edge in the midfield but Wines, Boak, Drew and co aren't pushovers.

They've also had a week off to freshen up while we've travelled, locked down and then smashed ourselves to get over Brisbane.

Can someone make a case for us?

The fact we have to do any quarantine at all is garbage. The entire squad hasn't been in Victoria for weeks.

Stefcep
06-09-2021, 09:41 AM
We win this and outside of the two flags I would rate it as our next biggest win.

comrade
06-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Port have also had a reserves side playing throughout the season in the SANFL, while our guys outside the 23 have sat on their hands for months. They're also the only side left to have had 2 genuine home finals.

If Port don't win it this year, they never will given all their advantages.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2021, 10:01 AM
Let's assume Bont plays and Cody misses which is the most likely scenario right now.

How do we win this?

They've got us covered in the ruck, their forward line is lethal with a mix of talls and potent smalls, and their defensive structure is rock solid. We may have a slight edge in the midfield but Wines, Boak, Drew and co aren't pushovers.

They've also had a week off to freshen up while we've travelled, locked down and then smashed ourselves to get over Brisbane.

The fact we have to do any quarantine at all is garbage. The entire squad hasn't been in Victoria for weeks.

Our defence is up to the task. The only beat us by two points last time. We’ve now got Gardner as well as Schache forward. I have supreme faith in of back 7. Keath kept Dixon to 0 goals last time.

I like English in the CBA and Young competing around the ground. As you say our mids are better pound for pound. We have an attacking winger and a good defensive winger. Treloar needs to do what he’s done his entire career, spend a good amount of time on ball. Dunkley to sit on the most appropriate target.

Forward with three talls. I’d play Smith off half forward. Give Hinkley something to think about. JJ for VDM, and use that speed to hopefully increase pressure, force turnovers and get repeat entries. Schache & Hannan are confidence players and played their best forward games with us/in years. Work out what to do with DBJ, Rich wasn’t to hurtful. Take out Allir with a good opponent and not bomb it long to him.

Weightman out? I want Marra. If you look at Combine results he’s quicker and higher jumper than Weightman and is a natural forward with X-Factor. He’s the closest thing. But not played as a KPF at all. Play him in the role Cody was. We desperately need natural forwards and not more players picked to play forward. Youth wasn’t an issue in 2016. The enthusiasm was a positive factor.

We beat them on them at Adelaide Oval in Round 9. The change is teams from that game to now is overall in our favour. We can take confidence and real belief from that win and being pipped by 2 points a few weeks ago. Gardner & Schache improve that result by more than 3 points.

They’re under pressure. We are fighting the world, they are fighting expectation and fighting the fear of losing deep into September again. They may rush Georgiades in, which could be a gamble.

We have improvement in us. Dunkley & Treloar can lift. Bonts can improve his goal kicking. The forward line leading patterns can improve. The Hybrids offer flexibility at either end if needed. Bailey Dale had his worst game of the year and I don’t think he’s repeating that. We need to start hot, kick the easy goals and keep the effort to the last siren. We need to keep the scoreboard ticking over and not clusters of goals around nothing like R23. The EF was 3 points at half time, and 1 point on Saturday. We’ve absorbed big hits and gone in at half team even. Then we’ve run the games out really well. So we know the guys are fit enough and switched on enough under pressure. The coaches need to devise a winning strategy for the game and workout the matchups that work for us.

We are up to this to our eyeballs. We are a 1 in 4 chance of being the Premier. The guys just need to do what they done for most of the year and beat an interstate opponent interstate. We’ve done it 7 times so far. 8 is the charm.

comrade
06-09-2021, 10:05 AM
Our defence is up to the task. The only beat us by two points last time. We’ve now got Gardner as well as Schache forward. I have supreme faith in of back 7. Keath kept Dixon to 0 goals last time.

I like English in the CBA and Young competing around the ground. As you say our mids are better pound for pound. We have an attacking winger and a good defensive winger. Treloar needs to do what he’s done his entire career, spend a good amount of time on ball. Dunkley to sit on the most appropriate target.

Forward with three talls. I’d play Smith off half forward. Give Hinkley something to think about. JJ for VDM, and use that speed to hopefully increase pressure, force turnovers and get repeat entries. Schache & Hannan are confidence players and played their best forward games with us/in years. Work out what to do with DBJ, Rich wasn’t to hurtful. Take out Allir with a good opponent and not bomb it long to him.

Weightman out? I want Marra. If you look at Combine results he’s quicker and higher jumper than Weightman and is a natural forward with X-Factor. He’s the closest thing. But not played as a KPF at all. Play him in the role Cody was. We desperately need natural forwards and not more players picked to play forward. Youth wasn’t an issue in 2016. The enthusiasm was a positive factor.

We beat them on them at Adelaide Oval in Round 9. The change is teams from that game to now is overall in our favour. We can take confidence and real belief from that win and being pipped by 2 points a few weeks ago. Gardner & Schache improve that result by more than 3 points.

They’re under pressure. We are fighting the world, they are fighting expectation and fighting the fear of losing deep into September again. They may rush Georgiades in, which could be a gamble.

We have improvement in us. Dunkley & Treloar can lift. Bonts can improve his goal kicking. The forward line leading patterns can improve. The Hybrids offer flexibility at either end if needed. Bailey Dale had his worst game of the year and I don’t think he’s repeating that. We need to start hot, kick the easy goals and keep the effort to the last siren. We need to keep the scoreboard ticking over and not clusters of goals around nothing like R23. The EF was 3 points at half time, and 1 point on Saturday. We’ve absorbed big hits and gone in at half team even. Then we’ve run the games out really well. So we know the guys are fit enough and switched on enough under pressure. The coaches need to devise a winning strategy for the game and workout the matchups that work for us.

We are up to this to our eyeballs. We are a 1 in 4 chance of being the Premier. The guys just need to do what they done for most of the year and beat an interstate opponent interstate. We’ve done it 7 times so far. 8 is the charm.

OK, now we're talking!

bornadog
06-09-2021, 10:10 AM

How do we win this?

We win this because we have done it before, and round 23 we were 15 points up with 10 min to go, and we won't blow a lead like that again.

Mitcha
06-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Too soon, Too soon. Just sit back and take in the afterglow of last weekend before worrying about the next one, there will be plenty of time for that later in the week once we know where we sit with the availability of Bont and Fleabag. Soak it in Woofers.

Happy Days
06-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Apparently the conditions in Perth are far less restrictive than in Adelaide, so we've elected to take the extra flight. Not sure about the cumulative time in quarantine aspect but assume it's playing a role too.

Rocco Jones
06-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Apparently the conditions in Perth are far less restrictive than in Adelaide, so we've elected to take the extra flight. Not sure about the cumulative time in quarantine aspect but assume it's playing a role too.

Yeah apparently we get to bank quarantine days. Means we we can be out of quarantine the Tuesday (if my maths is right) before the GF if we make it.

Mantis
06-09-2021, 11:29 AM

How do we win this?

I really think Bevo & the group thrive off the ''against all odds'' motto... When we went 18 points down on Saturday night in the 3rd quarter I wasn't thinking we were going to throw in the towel, just like when we were 14pts down against GWS early in the last qtr of the '16 PF... we find a way to keep coming.

It will be so much easier with Bont & Cody out there this week, but as mentioned if they're ruled out we re-jig... again (Treloar into the middle and JJ into the forward-line) and give it our best shot. I'm comfortable knowing that when the ball gets bounced that we have the team to take it right up to Port... can't wait to see how we go.

bornadog
06-09-2021, 11:32 AM
I really think Bevo & the group thrive off the ''against all odds'' motto... When we went 18 points down on Saturday night in the 3rd quarter I wasn't thinking we were going to throw in the towel, just like when we were 14pts down against GWS early in the last qtr of the '16 PF... we find a way to keep coming.

It will be so much easier with Bont & Cody out there this week, but as mentioned if they're ruled out we re-jig... again (Treloar into the middle and JJ into the forward-line) and give it our best shot. I'm comfortable knowing that when the ball gets bounced that we have the team to take it right up to Port... can't wait to see how we go.

If Bont is out, who captains?

Mantis
06-09-2021, 11:46 AM

Is it really that important?

If so, and assuming Wallis doesn't play then the players can pick... maybe Libba or Keath.

Grantysghost
06-09-2021, 11:51 AM

Has Hunter done enough post car incident to take it? I'd be ok with that personally.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2021, 11:55 AM
Naughton to Captain. Give him the Carey like responsibility to rip all defenders to shreds. He will stand taller, on opponents heads. Dragging the rest along with him.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-09-2021, 11:57 AM
As hard of a task as it will be, Port aren't world beaters. For much of this year they looked well off the top 3 sides. Their second half of the year has been very good and they've obviously hit form at the right time, but we aren't playing a dominant Richmond of the previous 4 years at the MCG.

We can win this.

AT this point we need an even contribution with moments of brilliance (think Bailey Smith). For mine, this is a huge game for Treloar - this is EXACTLY what we got him to the club for.

I wonder if Richards will be a chance to play?

Happy Days
06-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Do we have anyone in the team with experience captaining in finals? If so they should probably do it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2021, 12:05 PM
Do we have anyone in the team with experience captaining in finals? If so they should probably do it.

If only there was some stupid, sexy man who fit the bill???

bulldogtragic
06-09-2021, 12:05 PM

EW got called up to play this week?

EasternWest
06-09-2021, 12:14 PM

Amazing to me this is in discussion. Of course Easton Wood is Captain.

EW got called up to play this week?

Ha ha my nine year old yells me I could still play for the Bulldogs, so why the hell not.

The best part about it? SSEW would still be the right acronym.

dog town
06-09-2021, 12:18 PM
The captaincy wouldn’t be a major concern plenty of guys who can toss the coin. Most reports today so far hinting that Bont will play but hard to know if they are all just recycling one incorrect take.

We are definitely finding it harder to roll the mids through than we were earlier in the year. Throwing an option up for discussion, if we are looking to throw something different at them do we go Bont forward more often and early? I am talking regardless of injury as well, Port have just not been scored against for 7 weeks. We need to unsettle them and we have Smith and Treloar itching to get into the midfield.We know Drew will likely go to Libba so we have some flexibility there. We can’t sit Treloar at half forward for 4 qtrs and expect him to do any more than he did last week.

There is examples of these big moves in major finals backfiring horrendously and the odd case where they make a major difference. I expect us to be conservative but we do need to find a way to unsettle that backline. Maybe it’s the opposite and we go super mobile given their size but we are low on potent options there.

Odds are Bevo backs our mids in to get the job done and we hope that we can keep Port to around 60 points. It’s not a comfortable position to be going into a final but this one won’t be a blow out and was never going to be.

The other point I find bemusing is talk of Ports small forwards being significantly better than anything we have faced. We have already held them well twice this year and they are not significantly better than Cameron, Bailey , McCarthey and co. There is a bit more depth with them but they have a conundrum with their balance there.

Throughandthrough
06-09-2021, 01:38 PM
Just bought myself a ticket

bornadog
06-09-2021, 01:39 PM
Do we tag Boak this time? He really took us apart in round 23.

Happy Days
06-09-2021, 01:49 PM
I reckon if Drew goes to Libba then Libba should tag one of Wines or Boak, probably the former. It worked a treat against the Dees the second time and I’m not sure why the lever wasn’t pulled in round 23.

DOG GOD
06-09-2021, 03:38 PM
Boak is their ROCK. Has got to be sat on.
No funny games Bevo. TAG HIM.

BornInDroopSt'54
08-09-2021, 07:03 PM
Boak is an old bastardo. 33yo. Nearly half my age.
He is stoppable

Go_Dogs
08-09-2021, 09:09 PM
He is stoppable

He got off the chain I’m the forward half in round 23. We have to limit his ability to impact the scoreboard this time - it really hurt us.

Agree Drew will tag Libba, so maybe Dunkley spends more time in the clinches and Libba works hard to also impact the scoreboard early for a second week in a row.

Roarke on Amon seems sensible too.

English / Schache will need to keep AA honest in their back half. We played that well in round 23
But I’m sure they will look to do things a little bit differently to create some capacity to zone.

If Butters gets on top, I wouldn’t actually mind throwing a challenge to say VDM to make his life hard. Started as a defender, has wheel and tenacity, would match up well on Butters.

Fantasia was one out the box who played well for them in the QF, but comfortable that Wood can match him.

ratsmac
08-09-2021, 09:25 PM
I reckon if Drew goes to Libba then Libba should tag one of Wines or Boak, probably the former. It worked a treat against the Dees the second time and I’m not sure why the lever wasn’t pulled in round 23.

I like that idea. It will release one our other mids to be more offensive while Wines Libba and Drew play ring a ring a Rosie. Why didn't we do this round 23? Maybe Bevo trying to keep his powder dry somewhat saving his moves for finals. If so he almost pulled it off.

I played a game a couple years ago where in the last round we already knew that the team we were playing we were playing in the first week of finals a week later. Our coach done a Tony Shaw and played our forwards back and backs forward. We got smashed by 10 goals and they were cocky as. Come the final we played in our proper positions and won by 8 goals! It actually worked, it actually *!*!*!*!en worked!

Anyway AFL is a fair bit of jump in standards than superules and shenanigans like that don't work but I'd like to think Bevo hasn't showed his whole hand just yet.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2021, 09:51 PM
Premiership Chance:

Round 1: 1 in 18 Chance
Round 23: 1 in 8 Chance
After EF: 1 in 6 Chance
After SF: 1 in 4 Chance
Post Fri Game: 1 in 3 Chance

Not many better shots than we have Saturday.

1eyedog
08-09-2021, 09:52 PM
Beat Port get a week off and who knows. Port will be a massive game but we have played really well against them at home over the years.

MrMahatma
08-09-2021, 10:14 PM
We’re a very good team. It’s not like in the Eade years where you kinda knew we weren’t quite as good as the others. We’re very much as good… in fact better than Port.

Bring our best… we win!

I’m pumped. Gonna watch the replay of Sat night.

mjp
08-09-2021, 11:26 PM
Anyway AFL is a fair bit of jump in standards than superules and shenanigans like that don't work but I'd like to think Bevo hasn't showed his whole hand just yet.

Yeah - but AFL players watch vision and are given detailed instructions re- what to expect and how to respond. Small changes can have a big impact and get in the heads of opposition players.

I have no idea what Bevo is planning but I am expecting 'something' up forward...probably more game-style related than positional but I wouldn't rule anything out.

mjp
08-09-2021, 11:27 PM
We’re a very good team. It’s not like in the Eade years where you kinda knew we weren’t quite as good as the others.

Sadly for me, I never realised that until we LOST in the prelim (every damn year!!).

Rocco Jones
09-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Anyone else checking Adelaide BOM at least once daily?

bulldogtragic
09-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Anyone else checking Adelaide BOM at least once daily?

No. But what’s the forecast?

I will be OCD now…

Rocco Jones
09-09-2021, 11:20 AM
No. But what’s the forecast?

I will be OCD now…

50% of showers Sat evening. 0-1mm.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2021, 11:43 AM
50% of showers Sat evening. 0-1mm.

May whose ever god controls the rain make it bucket down.

Ghost Dog
09-09-2021, 04:07 PM
Hope so too. Bit of rain should help us with our inside battle. Libba loves the wet, or seems to.
Come on you Beautiful Dogs! Game on.

Ozza
09-09-2021, 04:27 PM
Was very confident for the Brisbane game - but am managing my expectations a bit this week.

Of course I think we can win. But on paper there is a hell of a lot that makes it a big hill to climb.
Coming up against a side who is more rested, has had a far better run with injury, who have had their fringe players playing in SANFL matches, and who've been sleeping in their own beds for 3 weeks while we've been all over the country going from airports to hotels to COVID tests and all sorts of protocols.

Clouds over Bont, Keath and potentially others....It would be an absolute famous victory - and I'm more confident that we can win the GF (if we get through) than this game.

Its going to take our absolute best, most spirited performance. 10 weeks ago if you'd said we were playing Port in a Prelim, i'd be giddy with joy and give them no chance to beat us. They've been 9-1 since, and us 6-4.

Mantis
09-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Was very confident for the Brisbane game - but am managing my expectations a bit this week.

Of course I think we can win. But on paper there is a hell of a lot that makes it a big hill to climb.
Coming up against a side who is more rested, has had a far better run with injury, who have had their fringe players playing in SANFL matches, and who've been sleeping in their own beds for 3 weeks while we've been all over the country going from airports to hotels to COVID tests and all sorts of protocols.

Clouds over Bont, Keath and potentially others....It would be an absolute famous victory - and I'm more confident that we can win the GF (if we get through) than this game.

Its going to take our absolute best, most spirited performance. 10 weeks ago if you'd said we were playing Port in a Prelim, i'd be giddy with joy and give them no chance to beat us. They've been 9-1 since, and us 6-4.

We out-played Essendon in Rd 21 and if that game gets replayed we win it 98 times out of 100 and if we beat Port in Rd 23 which we were very close to doing, even though we didn't play well we are both 8-2 over the past 10 weeks... so whilst the numbers don't look great, they probably don't tell the full story.

We are totally up against it in every which way, but I don't think that bothers us all that much.

Mofra
09-09-2021, 04:40 PM
He is stoppable
He also rivals Macrae as the 'underrated A grade midfield gun' of the competition.
We need to send Dunkley to either he or Wines as it seems giving Dunkley a job tends to play him into some semblance of form.

Pro-tip - Treloar will have a blinder. He was very good against Essendon and absolute poo against Brisbane. He's due for another good one, especially as he may get more CBAs this week (with Bont spending more time forward).

DOG GOD
09-09-2021, 06:18 PM
Treloar has played 2 good quarters since his return. He’s going to have put in a momentous effort Saturday night to show any semblance of form.

SonofScray
09-09-2021, 08:04 PM
This is going to be a glorious victory.

bornadog
09-09-2021, 08:11 PM
Dogs by 16
first Goal Naughton
BOG Treloar

Grantysghost
09-09-2021, 08:16 PM
Dogs by 5
BOG Bont
FG Dunks.

DOG GOD
09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
An injured playing Bont and a missing Keath.

I won’t give a margin in fear of being victimised.

But…Port by PLENTY.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Dogs by 13
FG Treloar
BOG Treloar

Ghost Dog
09-09-2021, 08:28 PM
Dogs by 6
BOG Adam T. Stick it right up em' mate.
FG Zaine Cordy. It's happened once before ya know...

The Bulldogs Bite
09-09-2021, 08:28 PM
Dogs by 8
BOG Treloar
First Goal Vandermeer

comrade
09-09-2021, 08:33 PM
Head says Port by 30+
Heart says Dogs by 5

LFG!

Grantysghost
09-09-2021, 08:33 PM
Head says Port by 30+
Heart says Dogs by 5

LFG!

Your heart is true.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2021, 08:42 PM
I kind feel like before 2016 PF

No Bob, Wallis, Adams, Jong, Suckling and players clearly carrying things. Libba, & Macrae we’re just back. Inexperienced players and lack of proven KPP’s (outside of Morris). Ruck an issue with Bevo not liking Minson and Roughy question marks of fitness most games. A gun player out of form, Stringer. A team who would be thinking it’s easy and media geared towards their story.

I drove to that Shithole without thinking twice about the result. Confident enough was going and the spirit of the group would fight to the last second and could win it. I feel the same. If not for border checks, I’d fly/drive there. There’s a shit ton of talent in our team. Just need to execute the game plan and take our moments like in 2016.

Matty’s tie poke
JJ run
Bonts running finish
Iceman Macrae nailing the set shot
Tom taking 3 quarters of pain from Mumford

I trust these things on the top of my mind, get new memories just as vivid.
Clay going harder on Griffen

Ghost Dog
09-09-2021, 08:46 PM
Which song should we run out to V Port?

Paw - Jessie, The rockiest song I can think of about dogs.

https://youtu.be/lzJz9TIbjv8

FrediKanoute
09-09-2021, 09:01 PM
SOrry, Port by 24, BOG Gray; FG Dixon

Happy Days
09-09-2021, 09:04 PM
Which song should we run out to V Port?

Paw - Jessie, The rockiest song I can think of about dogs.

https://youtu.be/lzJz9TIbjv8

We should run out to INXS. Everyone will think its very cool.

MrMahatma
09-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Dogs by 12 points
BOG Naughton
FG Libba

Grantysghost
09-09-2021, 09:29 PM
We should run out to INXS. Everyone will think its very cool.

Bitter tears

Go_Dogs
09-09-2021, 09:33 PM
Dogs by 23
First goal Big Chill
BOG Treloar

It’s time Dogs.

bornadog
09-09-2021, 10:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=MU3Q3F9RuZA&ab_channel=NickGill

Happy Days
09-09-2021, 10:27 PM
I've mentioned this a bunch of times but I went to our game there in 2019 and oh my god the INXS shit before the game is actually the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

1eyedog
09-09-2021, 11:22 PM
Dogs by 14 points
FG Naughton
BoG Treloar

hujsh
10-09-2021, 12:28 AM
I've mentioned this a bunch of times but I went to our game there in 2019 and oh my god the INXS shit before the game is actually the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

Is it as cringy as playing who let the dogs out before our games?

hujsh
10-09-2021, 12:29 AM
An injured playing Bont and a missing Keath.

I won’t give a margin in fear of being victimised.

But…Port by PLENTY.

I dunno man Keath is a huge out. This isn't some bottom 10 team our mids can dominate (when switched on because we saw how this works when they aren't at the end of the year) so it's a hard one to hide with dominance in the middle.

Do a rain dance all you SA WOOFers

bornadog
10-09-2021, 12:33 AM
I dunno man Keath is a huge out. This isn't some bottom 10 team our mids can dominate (when switched on because we saw how this works when they aren't at the end of the year) so it's a hard one to hide with dominance in the middle.

Do a rain dance all you SA WOOFers

We beat Melbourne without Keath and Gardner.

hujsh
10-09-2021, 02:44 AM
We beat Melbourne without Keath and Gardner.

In the rain. You think we cover for Keath as well in the dry?

bornadog
10-09-2021, 10:05 AM
In the rain. You think we cover for Keath as well in the dry?

Saturday 11 SeptemberSummaryhttp://www.bom.gov.au/images/symbols/large/showers.pngMin 12Max 19Evening shower or two.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 70% http://www.bom.gov.au/images/ui/weather/rain_70.gifAdelaide areaMostly sunny morning, partly cloudy afternoon. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning.

Happy Days
10-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Yeah but Melbourne have Biff from Back to the Future and actual Gumby as their key forwards. Dixon is going to physically decimate us, and Cordy (who is pretty not good) is going to likely have to give up 10cm on whoever he plays on.

I’m really not feeling it.

The Adelaide Connection
10-09-2021, 11:55 AM
Yeah but Melbourne have Biff from Back to the Future and actual Gumby as their key forwards. Dixon is going to physically decimate us, and Cordy (who is pretty not good) is going to likely have to give up 10cm on whoever he plays on.

I’m really not feeling it.

According to the AFL team lists on the app, Cordy only gives up 3cm to Marshall (198cm v 195cm).

On the flip side, Port’s tallest defender is Aliir at 194cm, with Burton (191cm) and Jonas at (188cm) next in line. Our listed forward-line includes:
Naughton 195cm
Schache 201cm
English 205cm

Axe Man
10-09-2021, 11:57 AM
According to the AFL team lists on the app, Cordy only gives up 3cm to Marshall (198cm v 195cm).

I'm not sure what Zaine and Lewis have been eating to grow in their 20s but I want some (it will still work in your 40s right?).

comrade
10-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Bevo sounding pretty upbeat in his presser.

dog town
10-09-2021, 12:45 PM

On the flip side, Port’s tallest defender is Aliir at 194cm, with Burton (191cm) and Jonas at (188cm) next in line. Our listed forward-line includes:
Naughton 195cm
Schache 201cm
English 205cm I wasn’t happy with how easily Jonas and McKenzie were able to impact or even win 1 on 1s against Naughton and English last time. Shouldn’t happen, we need them to stand up and clunk a few.

Testekill
10-09-2021, 12:46 PM
At this point what happens happens, while it was disappointing to drop the double chance we still won two finals in a row and that's very impressive. Our destiny is in our hands and if any team can beat Port in Adelaide with their backs against the wall, it's us.

comrade
10-09-2021, 12:46 PM
I wasn’t happy with how easily Jonas and McKenzie were able to impact or even win 1 on 1s against Naughton and English last time. Shouldn’t happen, we need them to stand up and clunk a few.

Timmy especially, had some good looks and didn't clunk them. Hopefully he's got the grippo on tomorrow.

angelopetraglia
10-09-2021, 01:07 PM
I'm already getting nervous and butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow's night game. Normally that only happens game day.

I also have a deep level of sadness that we can't attend. A Prelim and we can't be there to support our boys. Such a disadvantage when they will have their fans in the stand. Just a hypothetical question? How many Bulldog supporters attended the GWS prelim? Adelaide is an easier drive. How many of our supporters would have made the trip to a Prelim in Adelaide? My guess is 10K+.

Rhys
10-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Apparently the Adelaide government haven’t allowed us to do the captains run training session. Port can. *!*!*!*! that’s bullshit. Hope the boys use this as fuel and we pump them.

Grantysghost
10-09-2021, 01:13 PM
I'm already getting nervous and butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow's night game. Normally that only happens game day.

I also have a deep level of sadness that we can't attend. A Prelim and we can't be there to support our boys. Such a disadvantage when they will have their fans in the stand. Just a hypothetical question? How many Bulldog supporters attended the GWS prelim? Adelaide is an easier drive. How many of our supporters would have made the trip to a Prelim in Adelaide? My guess is 10K+.

I definitely would've been there.

This is the 9th Prelim in my lifetime and my first missed. I'm pretty flat about not going too!

Grantysghost
10-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Apparently the Adelaide government haven’t allowed us to do the captains run training session. Port can. *!*!*!*! that’s bullshit. Hope the boys use this as fuel and we pump them.

Agree shocker. It's usually a very light session but still it's part of the normal prep. Considering the 8 hours flying in the last week it would probably take on extra importance.

Some discussion over here on training thread :)

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?20562-Training-2021-Season&p=760951#post760951

Mitcha
10-09-2021, 01:26 PM
I definitely would've been there.

This is the 9th Prelim in my lifetime and my first missed. I'm pretty flat about not going too!

Same here. Not a great TV viewer. Should be the best time of the year.

Danjul
10-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Timmy especially, had some good looks and didn't clunk them. Hopefully he's got the grippo on tomorrow.
English had a bad game . 1 hitout, and 9 possessions (6 were from marks up field).

As a forward target

1. He was leading directly towards the kicker even when there was a defender in between. That led to defensive intercepts. He should be told to put some angle in his lead this time.

2. He also stood too deep in the forward area and that allowed defenders to stand in front of him and box him in. Aliir did that a number of times , preventing a clean jump for the mark, and allowing the shorter player to win the contest. Avoid the problem but if caught out then punch.

I expect English to have a much more influential game this time.

Mitcha
10-09-2021, 02:13 PM
To me the choice of medical sub will be fascinating and of the four named can't see Wally making the cut. Finals are a slog so you either need physicality or the capability to add speed/ground coverage late. Young is obviously there as coverage for Martin but my worry is then playing two non physical types (Young and Schache) in a tight tense final might not be the best way to go especially if it becomes wet later in game. Richards would add some run and carry while Scott could possibly play a specific role on an opposition mid. So to answer my own question my preference would be Richards, Scott, Young, Wallis.

westbulldog
10-09-2021, 02:18 PM
Dogs by 14
First goal Naughton
bog Jack Macrae

It will be a win against all odds, a win for the ages, GO DOGS !

dog town
10-09-2021, 02:40 PM
English had a bad game . 1 hitout, and 9 possessions (6 were from marks up field).

As a forward target

1. He was leading directly towards the kicker even when there was a defender in between. That led to defensive intercepts. He should be told to put some angle in his lead this time.

2. He also stood too deep in the forward area and that allowed defenders to stand in front of him and box him in. Aliir did that a number of times , preventing a clean jump for the mark, and allowing the shorter player to win the contest. Avoid the problem but if caught out then punch.

I expect English to have a much more influential game this time. He definitely was trying to stay deep to draw Aliir. Even with what we have identified he dropped 3 sitters and was pushed off too easily in others. Could be the difference.

josie
10-09-2021, 03:08 PM

We’re Geelong in first week of finals treated similarly?

This appears to be small minded and parochial of SA Health unless there’s something we’re missing.

Agree that Bevo & boys will use this as more fuel for the fire. I think boys will come out hard tonight - let’s pray it’s for all 4 quarters and no serious injuries - whether we make it through or not. So proud of the club & that our supporters and club have, in Ron Burgundy parlance, remained classy.

hujsh
10-09-2021, 03:17 PM
Hopefully Port cop all the injuries we copped this week in the game itself.

I don't care how I just want to win.

(and none of the injuries last longer than 48 hours)

wimberga
10-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Keath out is huge but...Charlie Dixon is one of the great frauds of the competition.

Outside of a half dozen games each year, I honestly don't see a huge amount of influence from him. We could get unlucky and he could have a day out but hes just as likely to have 5 marks, 1 goal and an assist or two.

This game will be won and lost in the centre. A significant portion of our goals conceded in the last month have come from stoppages, so a with bit of impact from Stef and English to at least bring the ball straight down at clearances, this game evens right up.

angelopetraglia
10-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Weather Watch (5am update), forecast is getting windier. 40 km/h is going to make it difficult for marking and even getting the ball onto your boot if you kicking action is suspect.

Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. Possible small hail. Winds west to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h tending south to southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the day.

Danjul
10-09-2021, 03:39 PM
To me the choice of medical sub will be fascinating and of the four named can't see Wally making the cut. Finals are a slog so you either need physicality or the capability to add speed/ground coverage late. Young is obviously there as coverage for Martin but my worry is then playing two non physical types (Young and Schache) in a tight tense final might not be the best way to go especially if it becomes wet later in game. Richards would add some run and carry while Scott could possibly play a specific role on an opposition mid. So to answer my own question my preference would be Richards, Scott, Young, Wallis.

My recollection of the previous game, last minute, was Young took a strong contested mark and handballs to Smith. Smith ran and had a shot at goal. Ball fell short by cms. We lost.

It was close to our best passage of play in the second half. Very physical from both. They combined well

My vote is for Young.

Mofra
10-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Weather Watch (5am update), forecast is getting windier. 40 km/h is going to make it difficult for marking and even getting the ball onto your boot if you kicking action is suspect.

Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. Possible small hail. Winds west to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h tending south to southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the day.
Bad weather plays into our hands, given we're only playing 2 KPD and they are Cordy/Gardner who are, respectfully, not a duo opposition coaches would worry too much about.

Josh Schache appears to play much better in the wet than the dry as well. Counter-intuitive but true.

SquirrelGrip
10-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Dogs by 31.
First goal VDM/JJ
BOG Macrae/Libba

I know, I'm hedging my bets.

Ollie Wines gets a corky in the first half, can't play the game out. Zaine looks sheepish as Wines limps off...

Schack kicks 4.

EasternWest
10-09-2021, 04:31 PM
In 2016 I was on shift for every one of our first three finals, and I am on shift, at the same station, for our prelim tomorrow night. Now I don't want to say I believe in Voodoo superstition but in light of the lining up over events we are definitely winning tomorrow night.

bornadog
10-09-2021, 05:03 PM
In 2016 I was on shift for every one of our first three finals, and I am on shift, at the same station, for our prelim tomorrow night. Now I don't want to say I believe in Voodoo superstition but in light of the lining up over events we are definitely winning tomorrow night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-5lIwxUcAEG3bJ?format=jpg&name=large

Grantysghost
10-09-2021, 05:27 PM
Message to Player Sponsors from Woof's own Baaaaaaz.

Think it's relevant to all members so I'll put it here :

Link (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1014906/bailey-smith-message-for-player-sponsors?videoId=1014906&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599694)

jeemak
10-09-2021, 05:36 PM
We’re Geelong in first week of finals treated similarly?

This appears to be small minded and parochial of SA Health unless there’s something we’re missing.

Agree that Bevo & boys will use this as more fuel for the fire. I think boys will come out hard tonight - let’s pray it’s for all 4 quarters and no serious injuries - whether we make it through or not. So proud of the club & that our supporters and club have, in Ron Burgundy parlance, remained classy.

Let's hope they leave a little in the tank for tomorrow Josie!!!

josie
10-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Thx Jeemak. Shows I cannot wait.

jeemak
10-09-2021, 05:41 PM
Thx Jeemak. Shows I cannot wait.

I'm a bit like you, in that I can't wait.

However, tonight I want to see the two teams beat the living suitcase out of each other so as to still be feeling it in a fortnight!

EasternWest
10-09-2021, 05:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-5lIwxUcAEG3bJ?format=jpg&name=large

It's unfair that he's still so dreamy with only half a face.

jeemak
10-09-2021, 05:44 PM
It's unfair that he's still so dreamy with only half a face.

I actually think the population is better looking in masks, as most of the funky stuff happens at the bottom half of the face. Easton is an exception that proves this rule.

Mofra
10-09-2021, 05:57 PM
I actually think the population is better looking in masks, as most of the funky stuff happens at the bottom half of the face. Easton is an exception that proves this rule.
Ryan Griffen says hello.
Normal face except for the fact that his eyes are kissing cousins.

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2021, 05:59 PM
Message to Player Sponsors from Woof's own Baaaaaaz.

Think it's relevant to all members so I'll put it here :

Link (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1014906/bailey-smith-message-for-player-sponsors?videoId=1014906&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599694)

To Dogs Group got their message from Lachie Hunter

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1014902/lachie-hunter-message-for-top-dogs?videoId=1014902&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599694139001

jeemak
10-09-2021, 06:12 PM
Ryan Griffen says hello.

That's why I didn't claim for Easton to be THE exception who proves the rule!

Rhys
10-09-2021, 06:16 PM
Apparently we will be able to train on the ground tomorrow. No idea when. According to Josh Money on Twitter.

EasternWest
10-09-2021, 06:17 PM
Ryan Griffen says hello.

How dare you say that about Polyphemus

Rhys
10-09-2021, 06:20 PM
So it seems like the Doggies flight to Adelaide has been delayed �� Honestly, at this point, bring it ALL on. Bevo will use every last little thing as fuel for our inevitable victory.

Axe Man
10-09-2021, 06:21 PM
Apparently we will be able to train on the ground tomorrow. No idea when. According to Josh Money on Twitter.

About 7:30pm probably.

bulldogsthru&thru
10-09-2021, 06:23 PM
So it seems like the Doggies flight to Adelaide has been delayed �� Honestly, at this point, bring it ALL on. Bevo will use every last little thing as fuel for our inevitable victory.

That’s a bonus for two reasons. 1: less time spent in Adelaide and 2: we have more freedom at Perth airport than all of SA.

Sorry to our Adelaide woofers. I’m just angry about the restrictions on our players. I’m sure Adelaide is nice :)

Flamethrower
10-09-2021, 06:35 PM

Bit surprised the SA Health Department are not insisting that we parachute directly into Adelaide Oval 5 minutes before the 1st bounce, and are then airlifted out of the state as soon as the siren goes. Bunch of scientifically illiterate bureaucrats.

The bulldog tragician
10-09-2021, 06:45 PM

3 a.m.?

bulldogtragic
10-09-2021, 06:54 PM

Outrageous we could super spread it to unvaccinated kids. Won’t somebody please think of the children!!!!!

bulldogsthru&thru
10-09-2021, 06:57 PM
3 a.m.?

Post-game I believe.

bulldogsthru&thru
10-09-2021, 06:58 PM
3 a.m.?

I believe the SA chief health officer said 3am was the time with the lowest risk of spreading the virus. They know what they’re doing over there in SA so I’ll take their word for it.

Eastdog
10-09-2021, 09:20 PM
Nerves have started. Will increase tomorrow I'm sure. Cmon Dogs lets do this!

BornInDroopSt'54
10-09-2021, 10:10 PM
Dogs: by Bruce's 19.
FG: Hannan.
BOG: CD.

Eastdog
10-09-2021, 10:12 PM
Wish I was planning to go to the Railway Hotel in Yarraville tomorrow night but the couch at home will work. Worked last time in 2016.

Go_Dogs
11-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Sleep was hard last night.

Haven’t felt like this since GF morning.

Huge day.

We have absolutely no right to win this game. Travel, restrictions, no crowd support, injuries to key players, Port fresh with a full list to pick from, hungry to avenge a preliminary final loss at home last year, beat us at our home ground only a few weeks ago…

We have absolutely no right. But we can. Definitely a strong belief this AM.

Letssssgo Woofers.

comrade
11-09-2021, 08:44 AM
Prelim day, baby!

DOG GOD
11-09-2021, 08:55 AM
I wish our game had been last night. I hate waiting.

SonofScray
11-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Come out Snarling

Sweet2016
11-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Port just beat us when we were flat and without Martin. They had a final against geriatric witches hats. Will be closer than most non dog fans think.

No training session backs against the wall. Bev and the the Dogs love this narrative.

Dogs by less than a goal.

bulldogsthru&thru
11-09-2021, 09:58 AM
I’m not sure I can handle another close game!

comrade
11-09-2021, 10:03 AM
There is generally a blow out prelim and a close prelim.

Let's hope last night wasn't the close one!

bulldogsthru&thru
11-09-2021, 10:18 AM
There is generally a blow out prelim and a close prelim.

Let's hope last night wasn't the close one!

I hope it was. I hope we do Port by 100!

In saying that, close finals are worth the while. Bonts goal in the 2016 prelim came up as a memory yesterday and I still get goosebumps watching it. So many timeless moments from 2016. Like Richmond, there’s nothing memorable about the dees win last night. You wouldn’t rewatch it too many times. Not saying I would never take a smashing like that! Just pointing out how special 2016 was, is and always will be.

comrade
11-09-2021, 10:23 AM
I hope it was. I hope we do Port by 100!

In saying that, close finals are worth the while. Bonts goal in the 2016 prelim came up as a memory yesterday and I still get goosebumps watching it. So many timeless moments from 2016. Like Richmond, there’s nothing memorable about the dees win last night. You wouldn’t rewatch it too many times. Not saying I would never take a smashing like that! Just pointing out how special 2016 was, is and always will be.

I reckon most Dees fans will be giving the replay a fair flogging over the next 2 weeks.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 10:25 AM
I reckon most Dees fans will be giving the replay a fair flogging over the next 2 weeks.

They've been waiting a while to do that to the Cats.

Was 180 points down at the Cattery under Bailey 10 years ago.

1eyedog
11-09-2021, 10:26 AM

Yeah and over the 2021 off-season as the biggest win they've had since 64.

bulldogsthru&thru
11-09-2021, 10:27 AM

Agree but in 6 months time? A year? 5 years? I wouldn’t. But I could watch 2016 any time anywhere for the rest of my existence. It’s exhilarating. If we had won by 80 points I think it’d be collecting dust by now.

1eyedog
11-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Agree but in 6 months time? A year? 5 years? I wouldn’t. But I could watch 2016 any time anywhere for the rest of my existence. It’s exhilarating. If we had won by 80 points I think it’d be collecting dust by now.

Yeah nah.

comrade
11-09-2021, 10:36 AM

2016 is the greatest game of all time.

The Underdog
11-09-2021, 10:39 AM
Prelim day, baby!

#blessed

Mofra
11-09-2021, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know any good rain-dances?

chef
11-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Well I'm a nervous wreck.

Trying to occupy my mind, been to Bunnings and I'll spend the day doing up the veggie garden

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 11:16 AM

Trying to occupy my mind, been to Bunnings and I'll spend the day doing up the veggie garden

Stop bragging!

bornadog
11-09-2021, 11:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QlbL6SlPU&ab_channel=WesternBulldogs

soupman
11-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Any chance we play Martin for just a half or so and then sub him out as a tactic and let English finish the game off?

I mean why let him limp his way through 65% gametime when we can just try and extract as much as possible from 50% and then add an extra runner?

DOG GOD
11-09-2021, 11:25 AM
I’m pretty calm tbh. No butterflies here.

EasternWest
11-09-2021, 11:28 AM

Send macaroons.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Stop bragging!

What's this Bunnings he speaks of? Is that part of the.... Outside?
The story has been passed down through generations of the mythical outside, stores brimming with manly augmentations.... I didn't believe it was. R. R. R real.

Mein gott, were the elders telling the truth?!

bornadog
11-09-2021, 11:31 AM
I’m pretty calm tbh. No butterflies here.

Same, but have all fingers crossed. No heart attack close game, just a solid win. Actually any win

MrMahatma
11-09-2021, 11:41 AM
Yep. Got a busy day ahead. Reckon from 4ish it’ll be hard. My wife is going to be watching like a hawk for me to pop my first beer…

chef
11-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Send macaroons.

If we win the flag I'll drop you a box on your doorstep.

The Underdog
11-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Stop bragging!

I accidentally made small Bunnings order “click and collect” instead of delivery and I can’t pick it up :(

chef
11-09-2021, 12:05 PM
What's this Bunnings he speaks of? Is that part of the.... Outside?
The story has been passed down through generations of the mythical outside, stores brimming with manly augmentations.... I didn't believe it was. R. R. R real.

Mein gott, were the elders telling the truth?!

Got a snag too. Heaven.

The Adelaide Connection
11-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Looking at the live seat view and doing some quick calculations, I think our seat allocation is about 4,000-4500 Of the 26,000. That’s enough to make some noise.

Can’t wait!
Dogs by 12
First Goal English
BOG Bont

Go_Dogs
11-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Yep. Got a busy day ahead. Reckon from 4ish it’ll be hard. My wife is going to be watching like a hawk for me to pop my first beer…

Haha, yep.

Jeanette54
11-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Hope is that thing with feathers, closest to your heart.

SonofScray
11-09-2021, 01:30 PM
Yo WOOFERS,

whatever happens today, thanks for another great season following the Dogs. You’ve been the next best thing to actually going and being with my regular real life Doggies family.

Enjoy.

SOS

bornadog
11-09-2021, 01:51 PM
One person has tested positive and went through the Adelaide airport on Friday. Lucky it was in the morning.

MrMahatma
11-09-2021, 01:52 PM
One person has tested positive and went through the Adelaide airport on Friday. Lucky it was in the morning.

So can we hope for no crowd?!

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 02:03 PM
So can we hope for no crowd?!

It’ll be a super spreader event. Best to be safe and not sorry.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 02:04 PM

So is the SA government going to burn down the airport?

comrade
11-09-2021, 02:11 PM
You know the Dogs are being royally shafted when Chris Scott of all people calls out the shithousery in his press conference. Said no team should have to endure what we have ever again.

Happy Days
11-09-2021, 02:12 PM
You know the Dogs are being royally shafted when Chris Scott of all people calls out in his press conference.

Wonder why he did that?

GVGjr
11-09-2021, 02:15 PM
I've got no nerves in the slightest but perhaps it will kick in 20 minutes beforehand. Huge game for us. Lets see the Bulldogs with bite.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 02:15 PM
Wonder why he did that?

Secret dogs fan? He thought Rohan missed that set shot hence the celebration.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 02:17 PM
As below.

comrade
11-09-2021, 02:36 PM
I would prefer to play in front of a hostile crowd but if SA Health are serious with their bullshit, a single case out in the wild should be enough to shut out crowds otherwise it’s all posturing.

Raw Toast
11-09-2021, 02:49 PM
I've had the meme explained to me.

I've still got issues with the expression, but can understand it's use and so retract my comments.

Except that people really should check out the history of algebra (among other things), because it's amazing and should be well known.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 02:59 PM
As above.

Raw Toast
11-09-2021, 03:03 PM
As above.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 03:05 PM
As above.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 03:10 PM
As above

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 03:13 PM
As above

comrade
11-09-2021, 03:42 PM
So, prelim day huh.

DOG GOD
11-09-2021, 03:46 PM
So, prelim day huh.

Any chance of rain ?

Rocco Jones
11-09-2021, 03:46 PM
70% chance of rain but I think just showers.

bornadog
11-09-2021, 03:54 PM
So, prelim day huh.

Doesn't feel the same sitting at home.

Maybe I will watch the Prelim from 2016 to get me revved up.

bornadog
11-09-2021, 03:55 PM
70% chance of rain but I think just showers.

Last week I thought the slippery dewy ball was hard to clunk a mark. Naughton, normally a one grab fumbled alot, English couldn't hold on to any as well.

Raw Toast
11-09-2021, 03:55 PM

I started watching some Octocalls from that prelim (and finals series more generally) the other night, and time flew by very quickly.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 03:57 PM

God I remember the pre game in that weird area where the trains came out, then walking into that ground (greatest ground on earth) the booooooos when the giants came out to train, they ran out of beer, the guy behind me screaming we are in the GF we are in the GF (he had a radio) as I lifted myself from my head in hands nauseated affect.
Wow. Is it really the same game im not feeling it.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 04:08 PM
I started watching some Octocalls from that prelim (and finals series more generally) the other night, and time flew by very quickly.

You can burn an entire afternoon looking at Al's Highlights of the 2016 finals series. Well worth doing so!

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 04:20 PM
God I remember the pre game in that weird area where the trains came out, then walking into that ground (greatest ground on earth) the booooooos when the giants came out to train, they ran out of beer, the guy behind me screaming we are in the GF we are in the GF (he had a radio) as I lifted myself from my head in hands nauseated affect.
Wow. Is it really the same game im not feeling it.

Some images from the day.
https://i.postimg.cc/5NxpxXfg/IMG-4974.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3Wc21J40) https://i.postimg.cc/XYPgcxd1/IMG-4975.jpg (https://postimg.cc/5XwvfBP8) https://i.postimg.cc/wBsQWJkq/IMG-4998.jpg (https://postimg.cc/mcB9kPqJ)

angelopetraglia
11-09-2021, 04:23 PM
86% chance of rain at 9pm. It looks like we will get some rain during the game.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 04:25 PM
I remember a poor GWS supporter telling me their song is good because it was written by The Cat Empire. Highly doubt she's ever said that out loud again.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 04:33 PM
I remember a poor GWS supporter telling me their song is good because it was written by The Cat Empire. Highly doubt she's ever said that out loud again.

Haha. We had a GWS supporter next to us the entire night on his own.
End of the game I'm in tears, I felt bad I turned to him and extended my hand and said you guys have a great team you'll get there soon.

He replied :

I don't care.

Juxtaposition or what.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 04:41 PM
End of the game I'm in tears, I felt bad I turned to him and extended my hand and said you guys have a great team you'll get there soon.

He replied :

I don't care.

Juxtaposition or what.

Hahahaha, legendary!

I have a theory there were paid actors/ ring-ins within the crowd that day. All signed CAs.

josie
11-09-2021, 04:45 PM

He replied :

I don't care.

Juxtaposition or what.

Very Ron Burgundy of you GG. Well done.

Jeanette54
11-09-2021, 04:56 PM
It seems to me that the boys have done pretty well in both the season and the finals to date. Its been a pretty good ride in testing times, and I am sure that we have all become more invested in the games as supporters than in a "normal" pre-covid season. No matter what happens tonight, everyone involved in this club deserve our plaudits, not our abuse.

It would be nice if we could cut back on some of the more abusive criticism of players who are endeavouring to give their absolute best under difficult circumstances. So if someone in RWB under pressure fluffs a handball, drops a sitter or misses a gimme goal cut them a bit of slack. They got us here, its been a good ride. They need our support, not our condemnation on this forum.

Of course if its a Port player, let ém know all about it, useless b#*s&#@s. Even if its just the TV screen you are yelling at.

Go 'Dogs.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Very Ron Burgundy of you GG. Well done.

https://media.giphy.com/media/FSnwQf1mPhN2o/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t3yiybcdla795wxlwvlyrindgs3n395xx8zf8d z7&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Mitcha
11-09-2021, 05:32 PM
It seems to me that the boys have done pretty well in both the season and the finals to date. Its been a pretty good ride in testing times, and I am sure that we have all become more invested in the games as supporters than in a "normal" pre-covid season. No matter what happens tonight, everyone involved in this club deserve our plaudits, not our abuse.

It would be nice if we could cut back on some of the more abusive criticism of players who are endeavouring to give their absolute best under difficult circumstances. So if someone in RWB under pressure fluffs a handball, drops a sitter or misses a gimme goal cut them a bit of slack. They got us here, its been a good ride. They need our support, not our condemnation on this forum.

Of course if its a Port player, let ém know all about it, useless b#*s&#@s. Even if its just the TV screen you are yelling at.

Go 'Dogs.
You had me up until this point!!!

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 05:35 PM
We might be looking at Thor v Skywalker.

If KWW can't spin this no one can :)

https://i.postimg.cc/wBxJRGWs/IMG-20210911-163342-938.jpg (https://postimages.org/) https://i.postimg.cc/Hk9Xxgtg/IMG-20210911-163352-843.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 05:53 PM
Sub Nominations:

I’m split. If Stef needs insurance, then Young.

Otherwise Richards.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 05:56 PM
Sub Nominations:

I’m split. If Stef needs insurance, then Young.

Otherwise Richards.

I think legs. So someone with some off the bench burst.

Go_Dogs
11-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Looking overcast in Adelaide, rains are coming. From my man in the ground.

Eastdog
11-09-2021, 05:59 PM
Won't be commenting on here until the end. Cmon Dogs lets do this. Grand final for the taking.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 06:03 PM
Won't be commenting on here until the end. Cmon Dogs lets do this. Grand final for the taking.

Cmon ED I want to see you lose it! xD (wise strategy)

Eastdog
11-09-2021, 06:07 PM
Cmon ED I want to see you lose it! xD (wise strategy)

It is my new strategy. Start the game day threads but just enjoy and immerse myself into the game. BAD has adopted this as well :)

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 06:11 PM
So I'm hearing if we win we have to quarantine in WA but Port don't.... Erm... Surely this is people trolling me.

Happy Days
11-09-2021, 06:15 PM
I don’t know about you guys but the vibes are just right today. I dunno I feel like Ice Cube.

If we lose its because Port is better, not because of cosmic dread.

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 06:29 PM
So I'm hearing if we win we have to quarantine in WA but Port don't.... Erm... Surely this is people trolling me.
Western Bulldogs facing ‘comical’ quarantine disadvantage if they make Grand Final

The Western Bulldogs will be at a significant disadvantage to Melbourne if they defeat Port Adelaide tonight.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Dogs will be required to spend another week in hotel quarantine, whereas the Demons are free to roam the streets of Perth for the next fortnight.

The WA government reset the Bulldogs’ quarantine clock when they travelled to Brisbane for last Saturday’s thrilling semi-final.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-facing-comical-quarantine-disadvantage-if-they-make-grand-final/news-story/f0afaa64d54550629c83ab988623b40f

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 06:33 PM
Western Bulldogs facing ‘comical’ quarantine disadvantage if they make Grand Final

The Western Bulldogs will be at a significant disadvantage to Melbourne if they defeat Port Adelaide tonight.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Dogs will be required to spend another week in hotel quarantine, whereas the Demons are free to roam the streets of Perth for the next fortnight.

The WA government reset the Bulldogs’ quarantine clock when they travelled to Brisbane for last Saturday’s thrilling semi-final.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-facing-comical-quarantine-disadvantage-if-they-make-grand-final/news-story/f0afaa64d54550629c83ab988623b40f

Let's just call the season now ffs

MrMahatma
11-09-2021, 06:37 PM

Stuff em all. This will be our finest of victories!!

1eyedog
11-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Let's just call the season now ffs

As a club I'd like us to stand up and say ok, our two week break before playing the GF starts after our week of quarantine or we're simply not playing. Enough is enough.

josie
11-09-2021, 06:39 PM
More ammo for Bevo & boys. More opportunities for MFC to build up false sense of security. Thinking optimistically…. If we win tonight and are in quarantine in Perth would this be at a resort where we can still bond, play golf, visit in-house gym etc. just not go to public cafes? Or limited to rooms & parts of hotel - if latter this truly sucks.

MrMahatma
11-09-2021, 06:43 PM
More ammo for Bevo & boys. More opportunities for MFC to build up false sense of security. Thinking optimistically…. If we win tonight and are in quarantine in Perth would this be at a resort where we can still bond, play golf, visit in-house gym etc. just not go to public cafes? Or limited to rooms & parts of hotel - if latter this truly sucks.

It’s be a the resort they’ve been in previously. The week in and of itself wouldn’t be too bad… but it’s the fact it’s after everything they’ve endured in the past few weeks.

Anyway, that’s tomorrow’s problem. Tonight’s is Port! Let’s go lads!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2021, 06:43 PM
As a club I'd like us to stand up and say ok, our two week break before playing the GF starts after our week of quarantine or we're simply not playing. Enough is enough.

Yep this would be a bridge too far.
Let's just get tonight done, and then we need to raise hell about this. There needs to be parity for the GF. For crying out loud, Melbourne just keep getting kissed on the dick in 2021

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 06:44 PM

I've sent a pretty direct message to the coterie manager asking for some comment from the club re our position because it's become farcical.

Dry Rot
11-09-2021, 06:51 PM
Any late changes?

comrade
11-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Can’t imagine the AFL is overly keen to face criticism about their scheduling *!*!*!*! ups and pig scummery in regards to bending over the Dogs, much easier to just finish us off so I fully expect the umpiring to be horrendous at times tonight.

The Underdog
11-09-2021, 07:08 PM
Dogs by 9 points
First goal: Hannan
BOG: Treloar

EasternWest
11-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Yo WOOFERS,

whatever happens today, thanks for another great season following the Dogs. You’ve been the next best thing to actually going and being with my regular real life Doggies family.

Enjoy.

SOS

Dawww. Stupid, wholesome SOS.

DOG GOD
11-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Other than “we need more goals than Port”, how many goals do we need to win this thing ?

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2021, 07:12 PM
It feels so surreal with the match starting in just over an hour.
What's everyone drinking?
For massive games like this one i become so dehydrated that the only drink i can have is water. Unless we are well up in the last quarter. Then i'll break out the tea pot.

GVGjr
11-09-2021, 07:12 PM
Any late changes?

It's probably a bit early for late changes :)

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2021, 07:13 PM
Other than “we need more goals than Port”, how many goals do we need to win this thing ?

12-13?

jeemak
11-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Can’t imagine the AFL is overly keen to face criticism about their scheduling *!*!*!*! ups and pig scummery in regards to bending over the Dogs, much easier to just finish us off so I fully expect the umpiring to be horrendous at times tonight.

But that would mean there isn't a VFL/ AFL conspiracy to favour the team they've tried to kill off more than once, with one-sided umpiring!

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Whatever happens, very proud of the boys this year.

Saltwater lads by 3 pts.

Please.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 07:16 PM

I reckon ten to twelve would do it, if we get our defencive system working well and can keep them to two a quarter.

GVGjr
11-09-2021, 07:16 PM
Like everyone else I'm looking forward to tonight's game. We've had a fantastic season but there is still a couple of wins to be had.

Hard not to be impressed by what we have achieved so far. Get through tonight, have a light week to refresh and then start prepping for another GF.

Go Dogs.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 07:18 PM
For massive games like this one i become so dehydrated that the only drink i can have is water. Unless we are well up in the last quarter. Then i'll break out the tea pot.

I have a Margaret River chardonnay to start the game with, after dinner at half time I'll hit a McLaren Vale red. If things go poorly I've got a bottle of Dimple I can tipple, if things go well I've got a bottle of Dimple I can tipple.

Been on the waters all day, though had a kick of the footy for the first time in ten months and am probably going to fall in a heap not long after the game.......unless we win or lose.

chef

G&T. Nearly time for my 2nd.

Ozza
Blue jumpers, white shorts tonight. Just like 2016.

Ozza
11-09-2021, 07:20 PM
Good luck everyone, hope your team wins.

What will be willing be- but I’m confident the boys will give an effort we can be proud of.

GVGjr
11-09-2021, 07:23 PM
Yo WOOFERS,

Enjoy.

SOS

Good onya SOS.

DOG GOD
11-09-2021, 07:24 PM
If it’s as windy as they predicted, it could well be our Achilles heel of kicking straight that might just be the deciding factor. Let’s hope Naughton, Vanders and Bont in particular take aim and shoot it like a dart over the umpires hat.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2021, 07:25 PM

Cheap $10 bottles of Shiraz all night....

jeemak
11-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Cheap $10 bottles of Shiraz all night....

That's it Purps!

jazzadogs
11-09-2021, 07:33 PM
It's very quiet on here. Lots of people huddled, hyperventilating and shaking, in the corner.

bulldogsthru&thru
11-09-2021, 07:36 PM
If it’s as windy as they predicted, it could well be our Achilles heel of kicking straight that might just be the deciding factor. Let’s hope Naughton, Vanders and Bont in particular take aim and shoot it like a dart over the umpires hat.

Not windy at all looking at the live weather. Won’t be any rain either.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 07:36 PM
It's very quiet on here. Lots of people huddled, hyperventilating and shaking, in the corner.

Either way, it will be crazy around 10.40pm !! :D

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 07:37 PM
Not windy at all looking at the live weather. Won’t be any rain either.

Perfect conditions to beat them up in.

josie
11-09-2021, 07:39 PM

Trying to distract myself with music. Not really working as keep logging in here. In this insane world we live in woof has been a doggies haven.

Nerves, butterflies. Go dogs. Go you good things.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 07:41 PM
Under an hour!

jazzadogs
11-09-2021, 07:41 PM
I have refreshed 'new posts' every minute for the past half hour haha. Only just realised it is a 7.40 start, I was sure I read it was 7.10 but that must be adelaide time. SA government screwing me again, with their tImEzOnEs - jerks.

jazzadogs
11-09-2021, 07:43 PM
Scott the sub. Powell-Pepper for them.

No late changes.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 07:43 PM
AFEL App shows Scott as the sub.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 07:45 PM

No late changes.

AFEL App shows Scott as the sub.

No Stef insurance. Let’s hope he gets through.

jazzadogs
11-09-2021, 07:50 PM
No Stef insurance. Let’s hope he gets through.

It's more that there is no English insurance - he is the insurance for Stef.

If Stef did go down, English rucks 70-80% of the time, Shack is the relief and Bont can go forward with Treloar in the guts when we need an extra tall.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 07:54 PM
It's more that there is no English insurance - he is the insurance for Stef.

If Stef did go down, English rucks 70-80% of the time, Shack is the relief and Bont can go forward with Treloar in the guts when we need an extra tall.

Hopefully it means we are absolutely confident in Stef’s body. There’s a lot of Robbing Peter to Pay Paul if his body fails.

GVGjr
11-09-2021, 07:58 PM

It will heat up one way or another. I'm still not anxious or nervous but it might kick in soon :)

GVGjr
11-09-2021, 08:01 PM

No late changes.

Shame for Richards but Scott has done well this year and can play a few positions in needed.

jazzadogs
11-09-2021, 08:02 PM
A dogs fan in the crowd has tweeted that Bont is running perfectly normally, no issues.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 08:06 PM
Bevo: 80-100 minutes expected from Stef.

EasternWest
11-09-2021, 08:09 PM
Did Bont just say they managed to spread the legs? Because that's fine and all but they better have some energy for the game.

Dry Rot
11-09-2021, 08:10 PM
I have a Margaret River chardonnay to start the game with, after dinner at half time I'll hit a McLaren Vale red. If things go poorly I've got a bottle of Dimple I can tipple, if things go well I've got a bottle of Dimple I can tipple.

I'm going with a COVID theme tonight.

I have a packet of Ivermectin, two of hydroxychloroquine and a litre of bleach washed down with a pre game gin and tonic and then a bottle of durif.

What could possibly go wrong?

Dogs by 7 BTW.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2021, 08:11 PM
Dogs by 1 point
BOG Caleb Daniel
First Goal: English

Dry Rot
11-09-2021, 08:11 PM
Did Bont just say they managed to spread the legs?

Hopefully not Rohan and the Cats physio style.

chef
11-09-2021, 08:13 PM
Dogs by 16
First goal Bont
BOG Bont

G-Mo77
11-09-2021, 08:17 PM
Getting nervous now. I've worked my butt off around the house to just kill time. Now I've finally turned it on and the nerves have set in.

whythelongface
11-09-2021, 08:18 PM
Dogs by 32
First goal: Dale
BOG: Treloar

bulldogtragic
11-09-2021, 08:21 PM
Here they come!

EasternWest
11-09-2021, 08:22 PM
Come on gang. Get our battered bodies over this line and I rate our chances highly against the Dees.

Get up stupid, sexy Stef Martin.

Mantis
11-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Good luck gang.

Go the Dogs!!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2021, 08:24 PM
OK nerves are kicking in now.......

Grantysghost
11-09-2021, 08:25 PM
OK nerves are kicking in now.......

First prelim I've not been to YHF 8 from 8....what do I do?

I've started looking into the liqueur cabinet, and we don't even have one.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Expect Dunks to do get a job tonight if Boak or Wines get off the chain in the middle.
Bevo indicated he was a bit miffed the media didn't pick up on the job he did on Neale last week.

jeemak
11-09-2021, 08:27 PM
OK, I feel like throwing up. Come on lads!!!!

Good luck WOOFers! Come on lads!!!