PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Finals preparation

bornadog
10-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Round 22 - Launceston v Hawks

Ill prepared, we fly to Launceston, get dicked around with testing and what not - very little time left to get to ground, change and get ready.

Round 23 v Port in Melbourne

SA Gov insist that if Port is to fly to Melbourne, they quarantine 72 hours, but we have to spend the week in Quarantine. Players either went to a hotel so not to disturb people they live with - or stay home but anyone living there not allowed to go out.

Elimination Final v Essendon Launceston

More restrictions - can't do much eg play Golf next door, confined to hotel grounds, but can train

Semi Final v Brisbane, Gabba

Confined to hotel and train

Prelim v Port in Adelaide via Perth

Fly Brisbane to Perth. Confined to hotel, but can train

Fly Friday to Adelaide

Confined to hotel and can't train

Has been a pretty horrendous 5 weeks

Vred
10-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Your forgetting some stuff.
After our EF in Launceston, we didn't have any access to rehab or gym/training equipment until about the Tuesday after the game.

In Brisbane after the game the Hotel the boys were staying in ran out of food halfway through the dinner service, and due to covid restrictions, no ubereats / menulog was allowed, so a bunch of players and staff went to be hungry before they flew out to Perth.

bornadog
10-09-2021, 03:29 PM
After our EF in Launceston, we didn't have any access to rehab or gym/training equipment until about the Tuesday after the game.

In Brisbane after the game the Hotel the boys were staying in ran out of food halfway through the dinner service, and due to covid restrictions, no ubereats / menulog was allowed, so a bunch of players and staff went to be hungry before they flew out to Perth.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Appalling

cinder
10-09-2021, 03:42 PM
A complete joke at this stage ... sub-standard.

MrMahatma
10-09-2021, 03:55 PM

How is that even possible?

And why was Uber Eats not allowed? No one in Bris has COVID so if the food is dropped at reception, what’s the difference?

Vred
10-09-2021, 04:24 PM
How is that even possible?

And why was Uber Eats not allowed? No one in Bris has COVID so if the food is dropped at reception, what’s the difference?

Government restrictions mate, the team COULD have Covid and they could accidentally maybe possibly pass it onto a UberEats driver.. or, some Government backwards logic. Makes zero sense to me but this is what the team has been dealing with.

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Government restrictions mate, the team COULD have Covid and they could accidentally maybe possibly pass it onto a UberEats driver.. or, some Government backwards logic. Makes zero sense to me but this is what the team has been dealing with.

Bureaucracy has its way of dealing with things and it is called process.

The process does not require logic because it is the process and only the process matters.

Bureaucracy will embrace stupidity if stupidity is part of the process and mostly it is.

Logic cannot beat stupidity because stupidity has no logic.

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2021, 04:43 PM
additionally

If the process can be justified by logic, then the process needs to be desimplified.

The Underdog
10-09-2021, 05:35 PM
I’ll obviously be gutted if we lose tomorrow night, but given what this team has had to endure I hope we all keep some perspective on it. Massively proud of what they’ve achieved this season whichever way it goes.

Still, I hope we tear them apart.

bulldogtragic
10-09-2021, 05:38 PM
Maybe the next two games of ours is to remind everybody of its greatness as a sport. That we’ve done it, in spite of the lack of sportsmanship and compassion. A miracle of the Footy Gods that show everyone how to triumph against the times we find ourselves in.

jeemak
10-09-2021, 05:40 PM
Maybe the next two games of ours is to remind everybody of its greatness as a sport. That we’ve done it, in spite of the lack of sportsmanship and compassion. A miracle of the Footy Gods that show everyone how to triumph against the times we find ourselves in.

It would be exactly as you say, though it will only serve to amplify the vitriol and bile further.

bornadog
10-09-2021, 06:28 PM
Just in

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-58qBWVkAIsqTD?format=jpg&name=large

azabob
10-09-2021, 06:30 PM

Wasn't the pre game lunch also fairly sub standard? Cold eggs or somthing along those lines. Sammy Landsberger wrote an article on the the Monday or Tuesday but it is behind a paywall.

Flamethrower
10-09-2021, 06:42 PM
Just in

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-58qBWVkAIsqTD?format=jpg&name=large

I am waiting for her to tell all South Aussies to avoid touching the Sherrin at all costs, and Kenny and the boys from Alberton take this to heart.

Just read that Kochie has been denied entry to SA and is therefore banned from attending the game too.

Not too late to move the game to Perth, Gil.

Vred
10-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Wasn't the pre game lunch also fairly sub standard? Cold eggs or somthing along those lines. Sammy Landsberger wrote an article on the the Monday or Tuesday but it is behind a paywall.

Correct. By the time we got situated at the hotel the lunch was stone cold.

ratsmac
10-09-2021, 07:01 PM
How the bloody hell did the AFEL grant them a home final without checking to see if the opposition team is allowed to train. This is idiotic of the highest order and a complete failure on their behalf. And SA government well done for not disclosing the fact that athletes can't train before performing in your state. Dickheads

The Underdog
10-09-2021, 07:42 PM
How the bloody hell did the AFEL grant them a home final without checking to see if the opposition team is allowed to train. This is idiotic of the highest order and a complete failure on their behalf. And SA government well done for not disclosing the fact that athletes can't train before performing in your state. Dickheads

Because they don’t give a *!*!*!*!.
I don’t mean it in a “they hate us” conspiracy way, just in a, the game will look good on TV and the sponsors will be happy and they’ll make some cash, so they honestly don’t care about the effect on one team or the other.

AshMac
10-09-2021, 07:55 PM

This!

Honestly - it is ridiculous! Maybe for rounds 1-23 but this is an f’ing prelim! One team lead their normal life whilst the other is severely hampered and has to live in 3 seperate temporary hubs.

This is such BS. We’re about to play a game of footy against blokes that will go back into the SA community 2 hours after being tackled for 2 hours by the team in ISO.

GVGjr
10-09-2021, 08:41 PM
How much different would it have all looked if we had won one of the last 3 home and away games?

I get that it's been tough but we just have to rise above the challenges. We have been an awesome team this year and I have been very proud of what we have achieved so far. Given all that I'm not prepared to concede Saturday nights result and certainly not a GF win just because it's been tough.

Plenty of time for a postmortem at the end of the season. I refuse to write off what this team can achieve this year and win or lose I'll be proud with what they have been able to get done however, the story we are about to write in 2021 isn't over.

WBFC4FFC
10-09-2021, 10:16 PM
Because they don’t give a *!*!*!*!.
I don’t mean it in a “they hate us” conspiracy way, just in a, the game will look good on TV and the sponsors will be happy and they’ll make some cash, so they honestly don’t care about the effect on one team or the other.

As proven last week, when the Bullies requested an earlier start so that they weren't confined to their Hotel Rooms all-day. The AFL kept it at night to appease Channel 7.

Longer-term bigger picture question is why the hell the AFL persists with 2.30pm for the GF?!?! The 4.40pm is best to maximise the Audience, as the kids can watch and people don't get too sloshed in the lead-up. (Just ask the Police with the Rugby League GF at night on the eve of a Public Holiday).

Just hope the team does not lose focus (like we seem to be doing here) and just concentrate on the actual game.

Nothing worth striving for is ever easy, quoting an ex-Bullies Champ!

Eastdog
10-09-2021, 10:20 PM
SA and WA governments have gone crazy over Covid.

bulldogtragic
10-09-2021, 10:21 PM
Ralphy confirmed we did NOT get to train today. They generously allowed the players a few extra minutes tomorrow. You know, before the game.

bornadog
10-09-2021, 10:22 PM
Ralphy confirmed we did NOT get to train today. They generously allowed the players a few extra minutes tomorrow. You know, before the game.

They would have arrived late anyway. I think they wanted to stretch the legs tomorrow

Eastdog
10-09-2021, 10:23 PM

Ridiculous. Should not happen. This is professional football. Will rise above it and channel it into the match tomorrow and tear them up.

The Pie Man
10-09-2021, 10:24 PM
SA government have form, Olympians returning to Adelaide via Sydney had to quarantine again in Adelaide after a fortnight in NSW.

Disgraceful

jazzadogs
10-09-2021, 10:28 PM
SA and WA governments have gone crazy over Covid.

In general, they have had very good reasons to 'go crazy'. If I was living in either of those states I would be pretty happy with their approach.

Having said that, this decision from the SA government stinks.

bornadog
10-09-2021, 11:14 PM

I still blame the AFL for not sorting this out before hand. SA Gov have their rules.

Mantis
10-09-2021, 11:16 PM
They would have arrived late anyway. I think they wanted to stretch the legs tomorrow

In an ideal world (where we could train in SA) we would’ve flown over earlier so we could train at Adel oval in the afternoon. Instead we trained in Perth and then flew later in the day.

bornadog
10-09-2021, 11:21 PM
In an ideal world (where we could train in SA) we would’ve flown over earlier so we could train at Adel oval in the afternoon. Instead we trained in Perth and then flew later in the day.

I agree it stinks

Twodogs
11-09-2021, 02:08 AM
Clearly i am unsuited to employment in bureaucracy.
I worked for the Commonwealth public service for a decade and a half. I very much saw my role as helping people by stopping the bureaucracy frustrating the bejesus out of them.

It would be exactly as you say, though it will only serve to amplify the vitriol and bile further.

Looking forward to a week of free kick Footscray.

How much different would it have all looked if we had won one of the last 3 home and away games?

I get that it's been tough but we just have to rise above the challenges. We have been an awesome team this year and I have been very proud of what we have achieved so far. Given all that I'm not prepared to concede Saturday nights result and certainly not a GF win just because it's been tough.

Plenty of time for a postmortem at the end of the season. I refuse to write off what this team can achieve this year and win or lose I'll be proud with what they have been able to get done however, the story we are about to write in 2021 isn't over.

100% this.

In general, they have had very good reasons to 'go crazy'. If I was living in either of those states I would be pretty happy with their approach.

I still blame the AFL for not sorting this out before hand. SA Gov have their rules.

I'm blaming the AFL. The SA govt haven't really changed anything.