PDA

View Full Version : Bevo: Yarraville nets whenever feasible

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:00 AM
So.....
I've been on a super Letterkenny binge these past few weeks...
So..... you were watching the football the other day...............
IF you've got a problem with Luke Beveridge, you've got a problem with me...
and I suggest you let that marinate!

He's copped it hard here, there and everywhere. but this legend has got us to 2 GFs in 6 seasons...
Having listened to Shane Biggs on the Danny/Boyd podcast.. its' real clear why/how we had a premiership hangover.
I recommend folks listen... I don't begrudge any of them either..and its' also awesome that Shane this year has become invested again in the Dogs.... check out his Insta tonight!

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2021, 12:01 AM
I've ridden him hard.

I'm an absolute buffoon.

At your service, King Luke.

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 12:03 AM
I've ridden him hard.

I'm an absolute buffoon.

At your service, King Luke.

The way he spoke about Treloar's treatment after the game you could feel the rage inside him.

How could you not love him?

Twodogs
12-09-2021, 12:05 AM
The way he spoke about Treloar's treatment after the game you could feel the rage inside him.

You can't not love him. It's just impossible.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2021, 12:06 AM

Stupid, sexy, Luke Beveridge.

bornadog
12-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Bevo is just a unique person

Grantysghost
12-09-2021, 12:08 AM
So.....

He's copped it hard here, there and everywhere. but this legend has got us to 2 GFs in 6 seasons...
Having listened to Shane Biggs on the Danny/Boyd podcast.. its' real clear why/how we had a premiership hangover.
I recommend folks listen... I don't begrudge any of them either..and its' also awesome that Shane this year has become invested again in the Dogs.... check out his Insta tonight!

Demons might get the WESTERN SUBURBS FLU !

Mantis
12-09-2021, 12:09 AM
I’ll pass.

Amazing effort to get us to where we are… I still think he’s 3 parts crazy, but he’s an excellent coach.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:14 AM
There is a very interesting book that comes out in 15 years or so about us.
I found the 3 years post 2016 unfathomable.....
Given the snippets I've heard now.. our fall was almost a given.

1. Libba's Vietnam friar tuck, beer stained football sojourn was so funny in the aftermath of our win...that probable doesn't hold up in the hermetically sealed veneer AFL offseason.
2. Tom Boyd... "no time to celebrate. surgery on shoulder 3 weeks after GF..
3. Biggsy....' Shane your hips are ruined you need surgery NOW!........ Shane ' NO way, just won a GF, I'm not missing my holiday with Redders to Europe!"

I'm sure there is more, but these loose legends have at least revealed their issues post premiership.... that's why we didnt' kick on.. it's fine lines at this level

westdog54
12-09-2021, 12:24 AM
He's a weird cat, but all geniuses are weird in some capacity. And Bevo is a bona fide football genius.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 12:26 AM
I’ll pass.

Amazing effort to get us to where we are… I still think he’s 3 parts crazy, but he’s an excellent coach.

Under-selling his crazy I think a bit there Mantis!

jeemak
12-09-2021, 12:28 AM
For what it's worth, most of the time I think if you listen to what he says closely his justifications are usually in line with what's happening. It's his delivery that most struggle with.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:29 AM
https://youtu.be/y7QaXj-vnek

Vred
12-09-2021, 12:30 AM
Ill always question the club, and the head coach because I want to see the best out of the club, we HAVE lost at the selection table before, no questions about it.

But Luke will forever be a Bullgod, and go down as legend within our walls.
Ill never question the man, just his madness.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 12:32 AM
https://youtu.be/y7QaXj-vnek

The scene where "Homer 2" enjoys his lemon is amazing.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 12:36 AM
Ill always question the club, and the head coach because I want to see the best out of the club, we HAVE lost at the selection table before, no questions about it.

But Luke will forever be a Bullgod, and go down as legend within our walls.
Ill never question the man, just his madness.

Maybe we have in previous years, but I don't think it's been a big issue this year. I guess in previous years you wonder whether we actually thought we were good enough or whether you thought we had an eye to the future during a rebuild.

I take the view you should take the wins when you can, with an eye to that future. I think Bevo's done that the past seasons leading up to this one and sometimes I haven't agreed with it but it was clear this year we were primed to win a final minimum, and possibly after it kicked off go a bit further.

In the past couple of years our form against top eight sides was questionable, this year we beat the best teams or almost did. Just because we don't know exactly what the plan was it doesn't mean there wasn't one. The results suggest we've been building to this and we can now justify the annoyance/ grief caused by a plan seemingly coming to fruition.

SonofScray
12-09-2021, 12:40 AM
I stand by everything I have put forward on Bevo. Not going to be upset about being proven to be wrong, I’ll dig the foundations for his statue when the time comes. The jobs not done yet.

jazzadogs
12-09-2021, 12:41 AM
Finals record

7 WINS

3 Losses

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:42 AM

And let's not forget the hardships you've faced tonight... EW. your house burning down.....cause that definitely happened... and we would neve make light of that here.......

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:45 AM
I stand by everything I have put forward on Bevo. Not going to be upset about being proven to be wrong, I’ll dig the foundations for his statue when the time comes. The jobs not done yet.

But you can remove several weights you've loaded him with? I mean, even if we get rolled in the GF, we've done well, objectively?

He ain't Tony Shaw.....he's got some skill.

??

jeemak
12-09-2021, 12:46 AM

Well you've always been a curmudgeon!

I can tell from your webcasts! :)

SonofScray
12-09-2021, 12:53 AM
But you can remove several weights you've loaded him with? I mean, even if we get rolled in the GF, we've done well, objectively?

He ain't Tony Shaw.....he's got some skill.

??

Par was last week. Extra credit for the Essendon win. In front on the ledger now.

He is a good leader.

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 12:58 AM
And let's not forget the hardships you've faced tonight... EW. your house burning down.....cause that definitely happened... and we would neve make light of that here.......

Lol.

But for real you know I'm a Firefighter, right?

Go_Dogs
12-09-2021, 12:59 AM
I’ll pass.

Weak. Pony up and take a beating.

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 01:00 AM
Weak. Pony up and take a beating.

Or dish one out!

Go_Dogs
12-09-2021, 01:00 AM
I thought we were better than 5th. But damn. To navigate this finals series. Genius.

bornadog
12-09-2021, 01:02 AM
What is really embarrassing on social media are all the so called experts who think they know more than the coach and the MC with player selection.

Everyone should have an opinion, but when the team sheet comes out, some of the things said are just down right ridiculous.

bornadog
12-09-2021, 01:03 AM
I thought we were better than 5th. But damn. To navigate this finals series. Genius.

We were top 2 with Melbourne for over 16 rounds. Yes we had a slump, but better in the H&A than finals time

bulldogtragic
12-09-2021, 01:04 AM
Lol.

I don’t like that term. Like the the different states having police forces or police services. I think more a approachable term should be made. Human fire extinguisher maybe. Water and chemical retardant technicians maybe. Fighting sounds very aggressive. I think you should run that up Management. There’s an opportunity to climb the ladder in a rebranding like this.

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 01:05 AM
I don’t like that term. Like the the different states having police forces or police services. I think more a approachable term should be made. Human fire extinguisher maybe. Water and chemical retardant technicians maybe. Fighting sounds very aggressive. I think you should run that up Management. There’s an opportunity to climb the ladder in a rebranding like this.

Conflagration Cooler?

jeemak
12-09-2021, 01:06 AM
What is really embarrassing on social media are all the so called experts who think they know more than the coach and the MC with player selection.

Everyone should have an opinion, but when the team sheet comes out, some of the things said are just down right ridiculous.

We just don't understand and people respond differently to it. It's not embarrassing, it's just more about personality types.

Mostly I don't dig into this too much professionally because people are different people when in the work environment, but I think there's a lot to be said about how it impacts people's perception of footy:

https://www.discprofile.com/what-is-disc/disc-styles

GVGjr
12-09-2021, 01:06 AM
Who was considering trading Bailey Smith for a ruckman last week?

Go_Dogs
12-09-2021, 01:07 AM

Send them to the nets.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 01:08 AM
Lol.

I know nothing EW... I've a bevvy of lines I'd like to lead with...but right now I have misgivings. cause man...I don't know who you are... you might be a chiselled Easton Wood firefighter.........I don't have any insight.. You could be a the firestarter for all I know...but I could be the worst human being of all time for saying that, this is harder than watching the game!! REVEAL yourself EW!!!!

bornadog
We just don't understand and people respond differently to it. It's not embarrassing, it's just more about personality types.

Mostly I don't dig into this too much professionally because people are different people when in the work environment, but I think there's a lot to be said about how it impacts people's perception of footy:

https://www.discprofile.com/what-is-disc/disc-styles

What I mean is Grown men and women become irrational and just say stupid stuff because they think they can get away with it behind a key board

GVGjr
Send them to the nets.

That's what I'm thinking :)

jeemak
12-09-2021, 01:09 AM
That's what I'm thinking :)

I think this is possibly the first time I've avoided your wrath on this particular punishment.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 01:09 AM
Send them to the nets.

They're definitely in line for a paddling..

Go_Dogs
12-09-2021, 01:10 AM

If Bailey continues this trend and kicks 5 in the GF, we’re all going to the nets.

bornadog
12-09-2021, 01:10 AM

Not if it said in the game day thread :eek:

Go_Dogs
12-09-2021, 01:11 AM
If Bailey continues this trend and kicks 5 in the GF, we’re all going to the nets.

I’m also heaps keen for this. See you all there.

MrMahatma
12-09-2021, 01:11 AM
Good thread.

Bevo is boss. Getting it done.

Grand final baby!! Party at mine!

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 01:12 AM
I know nothing EW... I've a bevvy of lines I'd like to lead with...but right now I have misgivings. cause man...I don't know who you are... you might be a chiselled Easton Wood firefighter.........I don't have any insight.. You could be a the firestarter for all I know...but I could be the worst human being of all time for saying that, this is harder than watching the game!! REVEAL yourself EW!!!!

You've lost your mind, Purple, and I'm here for it.

GVGjr
12-09-2021, 01:16 AM
What I mean is Grown men and women become irrational and just say stupid stuff because they think they can get away with it behind a key board

I get the slamming of social media outlets but I hear the same over the top comments at the football and it's not necessarily about people hiding behind a keyboard. That's often just an easy expression to discredit social media platforms. If you think it's only what they write and they wouldn't have the guts to say it at a game I'm not so sure that is accurate.
I think the reason it's been more evident in the last 2 years than perhaps before is because people have been locked up for large chunks of the footy season and when they feel the need to vent then online is their only option.
While we might not appreciate it and providing it doesn't get personal or distasteful I think we need to understand what might be driving it.
I suspect next year it will tone down a bit.

Twodogs
12-09-2021, 01:54 AM
The scene where "Homer 2" enjoys his lemon is amazing.

You know how I love stories and derailing threads?

Frank Sinatra met his first wife when he went over to her table alongside the stage during a break in a gig and asked her to stop eating lemons while he was singing because it made his throat go dry. That was before he started the affair with Nancy Reagan.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 02:49 AM
You know how I love stories and derailing threads?

Frank Sinatra met his first wife when he went over to her table alongside the stage during a break in a gig and asked her to stop eating lemons while he was singing because it made his throat go dry. That was before he started the affair with Nancy Reagan.

I've never come across any examples.

My best Frank story isn't quite the same as yours. One night a mate and I went to a house party in the suburbs and had some really good but strangely brown boppers. We got back to his place around ten to seven in the morning, also in the suburbs, and decided we'd have a cup of "tea". By half nine we were amazed by the quality of the tea (sugar cubes, in boiling water), and then Anchors Aweigh came on as the Sunday movie.......

By god did we regret the tea (not really), and by dog did Frank Sinatra look like the slipperiest dude going around dancing with those cartoons.........

Good times.

Twodogs
12-09-2021, 03:06 AM
I've never come across any examples.

My best Frank story isn't quite the same as yours. One night a mate and I went to a house party in the suburbs and had some really good but strangely brown boppers. We got back to his place around ten to seven in the morning, also in the suburbs, and decided we'd have a cup of "tea". By half nine we were amazed by the quality of the tea (sugar cubes, in boiling water), and then Anchors Aweigh came on as the Sunday movie.......

By god did we regret the tea (not really), and by dog did Frank Sinatra look like the slipperiest mother *!*!*!*!er going around dancing with those cartoons.........

Good times.

This might be the greatest podcast of all time. Actually there is no "might be" about it. This is flat out the greatest podcast of all time.

https://wondery.com/shows/the-grand-scheme/

Frank Sinatra is one of my biggest heroes.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 03:11 AM
This might be the greatest podcast of all time. Actually there is no "might be" about it. This is flat out the greatest podcast of all time.

https://wondery.com/shows/the-grand-scheme/

Frank Sinatra is one of my biggest heroes.

I really loved his big band stuff. Was his daughter's biggest hit better than his biggest hit?

hujsh
12-09-2021, 03:27 AM
Finals record

7 WINS

3 Losses

We've gone out first week a few times but man when we win we've gone deep

comrade
12-09-2021, 09:18 AM

I don't know what you're talking about :)

kruder
12-09-2021, 09:53 AM
I call it the Bont and Bevo era. They are both of the same pedestal for me.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-09-2021, 10:02 AM
So.....

Biggsy was absolutely on fire last night.

I deserve a belting in the nets. Bevo, give me a buzz. I’ll tie my hands behind my back and you go for your life. He’s such a gentlemen I’m sure he’ll spare me my life.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-09-2021, 10:09 AM
I hold no regrets in criticising, but I certainly look stupid now not being fussed if we moved him on. But gotta remember what we were looking at 3 weeks ago. Blown a top 4 spot with abysmal football. This finals side is a different beast.

Grantysghost
12-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Biggsy was absolutely on fire last night.

I deserve a belting in the nets. Bevo, give me a buzz. I’ll tie my hands behind my back and you go for your life. He’s such a gentlemen I’m sure he’ll spare me my life.

He was very funny.

https://i.postimg.cc/mg7Fm4v1/Screenshot-20210912-090901-Chrome.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ZWKRqGKJ)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:07 PM
Biggsy is the loosest of loose units.. I listened to him on the Danny/Boyd podcast last week. He spoke about how he had fallen out of love with footy and hadn't gone to a game or taken an interest again until this year. His form last night was perfecto!

dog town
12-09-2021, 01:43 PM
The thing I dislike about the Beveridge commentary is that he isn't given adequate respect for the coach that he is. I feel because he is such a players coach and a bit quirky that he isn't given credit for his tactical acumen. He isn't given that credit by the media or our own supporters. In the industry itself though he is regarded incredibly highly in this regard so it is a really frustrating misconception.

I also think his ability to influence the club and basically manage his people, setting up a culture and method of operating is underrated. He does it differently but you are under no illusions that it is his club. Your coach is your club so he is our best asset, they set up your values, your method and what you stand for. Given he has done this I think he deserves more respect than blaming him for every poor performance. Criticise and question by all means but do it from a position of fact and not blindly.

josie
12-09-2021, 05:51 PM
My lack of faith, shared by a number of other woofers, in Hannan and to a lesser extent Gardner shows how great a coach Bevo is. He can see what’s needed for the future as well as be competitive in the now. Interestingly I always thought Schache would repay the faith and recently Bevo’s done wonders for him too. Bevo did right thing holding back Marra as well and then there are those magnificent changes like Boyd and Dale to backline that confirm what a maestro Bevo is.

Would love to find out in years to come if Bevo thought English would make it as first ruck, or whether he always intended for him to be a support ruck & key forward, and if it was the former as I suspect it was, when did he change his mind and was he influenced by others at club to change his mind.

Curious if woofers think some change in support coaches might still be warranted? This was a theme from some of us who thought the club should continue to support Bevo but that perhaps some new, reasoned & strong voices are needed. When we had a drop in form in later rounds and some puzzling MC selections I thought some new support coaches and/or another senior knowledgeable person might be a good idea. Now I’ll admit I know nothing and never did really.