PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of Winning or Losing

bulldogtragic
18-09-2021, 08:45 AM
Have you thought about your feelings by next Saturday night?

Losing to me would be bitterly disappointing but this group still has me feeling great pride in them and the club.

If we win I will be stoked. But probably not quiet at a 2016 level. As that was the drought breaker and being unable to be there. But absolutely over the moon none the less.

GVGjr
18-09-2021, 11:03 AM
I'll be very disappointed if we were to lose, it takes so much effort to get to a GF so a loss will hurt but I'm extremely proud of what we have achieved this year and I'll thanking the players, coaches and the club for the excellent season regardless of the outcome
For what it's worth, I genuinely think we win this.
To me a positive outcome in this game legitimizes us so maybe it's even more important than 2016.

bulldogtragic
18-09-2021, 11:16 AM
I'll be very disappointed if we were to lose, it takes so much effort to get to a GF so a loss will hurt but I'm extremely proud of what we have achieved this year and I'll thanking the players, coaches and the club for the excellent season regardless of the outcome
For what it's worth, I genuinely think we win this.
To me a positive outcome in this game legitimizes us so maybe it's even more important than 2016.

If I bet, I’d put a sizeable amount on us. I feel confident which makes me very nervous. In nearly 100 years no one at our club can say they’re two time premiership players (both flags at our club). Would be great to break new ground.

Grantysghost
18-09-2021, 11:21 AM
If I bet, I’d put a sizeable amount on us. I feel confident which makes me very nervous. In nearly 100 years no one at our club can say they’re two time premiership players (both flags at our club). Would be great to break new ground.

Last time we played in two close together the second one was a first for the Hawks.
Hopefully we don't make that a pattern.

I'd be shattered if we lost, mainly due to the opposition.

But over time I think I'd appreciate how uneven a playing field it is and be super proud.

We've been in quarantine since before rd 23. Why we had to quarantine for Port here is beyond me.

Everything since and the amount of denials we've copped has the AFL on my all time sh1t list. Would be a win for the ages.

MrMahatma
18-09-2021, 02:47 PM
I’ll be torn up and prob in tears if we lose. This is huge and there’s no way I’m gonna be “oh well… nice try” if we go down. I mean, I’ll get over it eventually but 2016 doesn’t make this any less important. We need to win!! I get nervous thinking about the first bounce…

If we win, I’ll be going nuts at home, prob also in tears, and will likely empty my beer fridge watching the replay at least once that night. There will be little/no sleep.

Go dogs!

Bulldog4life
18-09-2021, 02:58 PM
My initial want was for Bevo to win one final. Now that is out the door. I want to win so badly. I also think we will. Failure doesn't enter my mind.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-09-2021, 03:26 PM
I have blithe optimism that we will win.
Unusual for me but the feeling came after the prelim.

GVGjr
18-09-2021, 03:37 PM
My initial want was for Bevo to win one final. Now that is out the door. I want to win so badly. I also think we will. Failure doesn't enter my mind.

This is why it's so special this year. Wanted one final win which has now turned into so much more.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-09-2021, 04:00 PM
I simply have no idea how I will feel after a loss. All my life, whenever I have imagined grand final day, it’s always been us lifting the cup. I can’t even comprehend what a loss will feel like.

Either way I’ll be proud of the club. A win, and I’ll be ecstatic with joy. A loss, I’ll be miserable for a few days and won’t want to see any of the demons celebrations. I’d rather be blown out than lose a heartbreaker.

I feel if we show up and play our best footy, we’ll win.

KT31
18-09-2021, 04:17 PM
Only thinking about winning, if we lose it will be a lost opportunity that we will never get back.

comrade
18-09-2021, 04:26 PM
I can't remember ever thinking we'd lose in 2016. Felt like nothing would stop us. Not quite sure that's the case this year but there is some magic about the group.

Bulldog4life
18-09-2021, 04:30 PM
Only thinking about winning, if we lose it will be a lost opportunity that we will never get back.

That's how I felt in 1961. I was only 10 yo but remember it vividly. Winning at half time which was a further dagger in the heart stuff. Never even thought it would be 54 years later that we would play in a Grannie again.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Said it all year. Our best is THE best in the comp.

We beat this mob without Keath, Martin, Treloar and Dunkley.

I'll be gutted if we lose. We must win.

merantau
18-09-2021, 11:04 PM
The only thing that would ameliorate the pain of a loss a little bit is that our opponents have not won for 57 years and I have three good friends from my teenage/ early 20s years who are Melbourne supporters and genuinely good blokes. So I will be happy for them to experience a win. If it were against any other club I would feel devastated.

Whatever the result I am very satisfied and proud of how we have recovered from a disastrous season's end. We have come back super hard and defied the odds to earn the respect of most of the football world. I know the boys are not going to let this one go without a fight. Watch out Melbourne - the Dogs are out of the yard and running wild. Go Dogs!

LostDog
18-09-2021, 11:45 PM
I'm quietly confident we win

westbulldog
19-09-2021, 11:20 AM
We have come so far, we have overcome all obstacles, we have traversed the continent, we have coped with the Gabba timekeepers error which should not have sent us to Tasmania in 5th place, we have been unfairly quarantined by idiot state health people who wouldn't know a football if it bit them on the arse, the adversities have strengthened us, we are resilient, we have the finals experience, we have some outrageously talented players, we yield to nobody and we deserve to win !

Twodogs
19-09-2021, 01:07 PM
This is why it's so special this year. Wanted one final win which has now turned into so much more.

Same. It's gone from "please. Just don't lose to Essendon and I'll be happy" to an opportunity that has to be made the most of.

BornInDroopSt'54
19-09-2021, 05:00 PM
A similar post to this in 2016 harvested someone who had a premonitory dream about us winning.
It is not about thinking.
It is about a premonitory feeling.
Not anxiety.
An intuitive feeling.

DOG GOD
19-09-2021, 05:04 PM
I’ll be bitterly disappointed coz one of my good friends (who I’m very competitive with mind you) is a demons man and he will be there with his wife and 7 year old son. He upgraded his membership in July to priority 1, and then booked Perth return after Melb beat Bris. Also, the fact he has rarely seen Melb lose live scares me. When it became paramount that the dogs and dees would play finals, I said to him that my worst nightmare would be losing a GF to Melb. I really hope that’s not the case.

Funke disco
20-09-2021, 11:26 AM
This year has been tough. As soon as I realised we made the GF I was overwhelmed with anxiety and dread at the thought of losing, only because the Dogs have been a much needed distraction during the year. I think it is just a confluence of factors ranging from lockdown to things in my personal life. The two week break since the preliminary final win have helped put things into perspective so I am hoping I can maintain that attitude all the to the GF.

I AM confident we can win.

SonofScray
20-09-2021, 11:45 AM
As the season wore on, I was feeling a bit fatigued by the disconnect as a fan. The losses still hurt, the wins weren’t as satisfying without being there. The times we were there, it was frustrating due to ticketing.

All the way though, I felt like finals would be where the questions were answered and the feeling would fire up. It has.

I think I’ll have a better perspective of a potential loss having experienced a win in a GF. It’ll sting though, should it come to pass. Especially if it is close, or we are left wondering.

A win will be sweet. It’s an important day for the identity of our Club. In 2016 we dropped the Drought tag, but never really filled the gap it left, ie - breaking the drought was the mission, our story leaned so heavily into it. I think a win here says something special about us, it takes all the positive spin from the years between 54-16 and casts it as true and emblematic of the club in a new context. Tough, resilient, stoic, manic , passionate etc all gets affirmed in the context of winning and winning again. Rather than “not losing.” If that makes sense.

It separates us, quite brutally from a Dees perspective, from that pack of smaller clubs and the prescribed narrative. There’s plenty riding on it.

If we play well and get beat, so be it, it is a true best of the best GF and whoever wins will have earned it. If we play our best, and they play theirs, we win. There’s no hoodoos, or nerves beyond performance for me now. Nervous AF though.

Ozza
20-09-2021, 12:50 PM
There were a few times where I dared to dream during the year that we'd be winning it.

A few in particular....

- 6 minutes in to the round 1 game v Collingwood - I thought "wow we are scary....how good is this", with Treloar added to the mix.
- The first half against Gold Coast, and the whole game v the Saints....weaker opposition, but we just looked so clinical and strong all over the field.
- When we beat the Dees - I texted my good mates who are dees supporters and said "Oh well, good game, 1 all and hopefully the next time we see you is in the Grand Final" - but thought to myself that we would win it all.

I have no idea how I feel if we lose, but I'm guessing pretty devastated, as I do think we will win - and anything short of that I imagine will be pretty shattering.

4 of my best mates happen to be Melbourne supporters. Its a bit of an awkward situation (as was discussed with them on a zoom on Friday night). And of the 7 of us that got together over zoom - 1 of the boys works for the dogs and is in the Perth hub right now. So there will be all sorts of mixed emotions.

ratsmac
20-09-2021, 02:16 PM
Said it all year. Our best is THE best in the comp.

We beat this mob without Keath, Martin, Treloar and Dunkley.

I'll be gutted if we lose. We must win.

Exactly. I have said this all year. We finally have our best team playing barring Bruce and maybe McLean. If we play 4 quarters at our best we win. Should we lapse though Melbourne can make us pay quickly.

I'm super nervous. One minute I believe we will win next minute I'm thinking we'll get pipped on the line. Should be a cracker

As the season wore on, I was feeling a bit fatigued by the disconnect as a fan. The losses still hurt, the wins weren’t as satisfying without being there. The times we were there, it was frustrating due to ticketing.

All the way though, I felt like finals would be where the questions were answered and the feeling would fire up. It has.

I think I’ll have a better perspective of a potential loss having experienced a win in a GF. It’ll sting though, should it come to pass. Especially if it is close, or we are left wondering.

A win will be sweet. It’s an important day for the identity of our Club. In 2016 we dropped the Drought tag, but never really filled the gap it left, ie - breaking the drought was the mission, our story leaned so heavily into it. I think a win here says something special about us, it takes all the positive spin from the years between 54-16 and casts it as true and emblematic of the club in a new context. Tough, resilient, stoic, manic , passionate etc all gets affirmed in the context of winning and winning again. Rather than “not losing.” If that makes sense.

It separates us, quite brutally from a Dees perspective, from that pack of smaller clubs and the prescribed narrative. There’s plenty riding on it.

If we play well and get beat, so be it, it is a true best of the best GF and whoever wins will have earned it. If we play our best, and they play theirs, we win. There’s no hoodoos, or nerves beyond performance for me now. Nervous AF though.

Summed up beautifully

BornInDroopSt'54
20-09-2021, 03:34 PM
When Cordy kicked that first goal in 2016 to me it meant we are up for the occasion and not in awe if it.
Conversely v Hawks final I arrived a bit late to see Dickson butcher two shots on goal.
Taking opportunities.
Our team is the best we have had since '61 and possibly better than any before '61.
The time is now, the team is now although we should improve over next few years.
Intuition is a logical function and delivers its goods from the unconscious to the conscious as a completed package.
The package my conscious got immediately after the prelim is of confidence we will win.
Or perhaps the feeling was that we have already risen against the odds to prove ourselves in prelim regardless of GF result but I do not think so.
All the down years. All the days at school being the only Footscray supporter and being low on the ladder have earned us this week of being in the grand final with optimism, knowing our best may be yet to come.

EasternWest
20-09-2021, 08:11 PM
This year has been tough. As soon as I realised we made the GF I was overwhelmed with anxiety and dread at the thought of losing, only because the Dogs have been a much needed distraction during the year. I think it is just a confluence of factors ranging from lockdown to things in my personal life. The two week break since the preliminary final win have helped put things into perspective so I am hoping I can maintain that attitude all the to the GF.

That's a good summation of what's been a rough year for a lot of people.

I hope you're doing ok FD and remember WOOF loves you.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Clarkson told his boys after losing in 2012, it’s just a game, an important game, but look around the world and worse things are happening.

Also, if you get there often enough you win one, if you get there often enough you lose one. Just get there often enough.

Nice perspective. Being good enough to get here often enough. That’s a good good club with good players and coaches.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2021, 08:31 PM
I’ve been really reflecting on Clarko’s comments about winning and losing happens if you can just get to the GF enough.

Focusing on the ability to keep getting there.

Since 2014 these have been one hit wonders. Fremantle, Sydney, Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS & Geelong.

Only four sides made it often enough. West Coast (2), Richmond (3), Hawthorn (3) & Western Bulldogs (2).

We are in rare company. We had all the excuses to not turn things around and be another one hit wonder. But we’ve been good enough to pick ourselves up and fight for a second GF. That’s a huge victory in and of itself. We are good enough, often enough to face ultimate success or bitter defeat. But we keep giving ourselves these chances and have an age profile to keep being good enough to keep getting there often enough.

I want the *!*!*!*!ing win, but we are in a small Repeat GF club with three huge clubs. That perspective is nice to acknowledge and embrace.

bornadog
21-09-2021, 08:40 PM
I’ve been really reflecting on Clarko’s comments about winning and losing happens if you can just get to the GF enough.

Since 2014 these have been one hit wonders. Fremantle, Sydney, Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS & Geelong.

Only four sides made it often enough. West Coast (2), Richmond (3), Hawthorn (3) & Western Bulldogs (2).

We are in rare company. We had all the excuses to not turn things around and be another one hit wonder. But we’ve been good enough to pick ourselves up and fight for a second GF. That’s a huge victory in and of itself. We are good enough, often enough to face ultimate success or bitter defeat. But we keep giving ourselves these chances and have an age profile to keep being good enough to keep getting there often enough.

I want the *!*!*!*!ing win, but we are in a small Repeat GF club with three huge clubs. That perspective is nice to acknowledge and embrace.

Lucky we had the rebuild in 2017, 2018 when we lost 12 players to retirement and trade, plus delistings. Alot of experience went out the door and consequently we ended up playing a very young team in those years. (youngest in AFL)

Scraggers
21-09-2021, 08:59 PM
It's funny, I'm feeling the exact same emotions as I did in 2016. Walking into Subiaco Oval I knew we were going to lose. Eagles had played in the 2015 GF and playing them in that fortress ... no chance. The following week, coming up against the reigning three time defending champs ... no chance. Then facing GWS, the AFL's baby, the plastic fantastic that seemed to have the wood over us ... no chance. But then came Sydney, the only team that I was (quietly) confident we would beat.

This year, we were going to be the reason Essendon broke their losing streak. Playing in front of a predominantly Essendon crowd, we didin't stand a chance. Then we went on to Brisbane. There was no way we would be able to get over them deep in Lion territory, we didn't stand a chance. Just like the Leyland Brothers, we were traveling all over the country side to meet Port in a prelim. No full back, no full forward, facing a team at optimal strength coming off a weeks break, we don't stand a chance. But now there is Melbourne, the only team that I am (quietly) confident we will beat.

EasternWest
21-09-2021, 09:31 PM
It's funny, I'm feeling the exact same emotions as I did in 2016. Walking into Subiaco Oval I knew we were going to lose. Eagles had played in the 2015 GF and playing them in that fortress ... no chance. The following week, coming up against the reigning three time defending champs ... no chance. Then facing GWS, the AFL's baby, the plastic fantastic that seemed to have the wood over us ... no chance. But then came Sydney, the only team that I was (quietly) confident we would beat.

This year, we were going to be the reason Essendon broke their losing streak. Playing in front of a predominantly Essendon crowd, we didin't stand a chance. Then we went on to Brisbane. There was no way we would be able to get over them deep in Lion territory, we didn't stand a chance. Just like the Leyland Brothers, we were traveling all over the country side to meet Port in a prelim. No full back, no full forward, facing a team at optimal strength coming off a weeks break, we don't stand a chance. But now there is Melbourne, the only team that I am (quietly) confident we will beat.

Well I'm officially fired up now.

hujsh
22-09-2021, 01:53 AM
I think the sting if we lose will be lessened and the victory will be a bit less sweet but that's just relative to 2016 which was exceptional

jeemak
22-09-2021, 02:56 AM

Chin up Funke Disco.

We won't ever know what you've been going through.

Firstly - kyboshing that motherhood statement I just made, you are always with us and one of us. You are a part of us and we are always here and part of you, like it or not

Secondly - see above

The Pie Man
22-09-2021, 08:42 AM
This is different to 2016 for so many reasons.

My 7YO (who was lucky enough to ask Adam Treloar a question in the kids presser a few days ago) feels losses pretty deep. Had to remind him after G Ro*an did that thing in Geelong earlier this year that it’s just a game etc, then once he went to sleep I had to go for a walk to process it myself.

Having games to watch in lockdown has been important, but the longer this finals series goes on, the more I’m getting set up for a big fall. Every result is magnified, it’s nowhere near as fun. There’s a sense of dread this week, but not because I think we’ll lose (and I’m cognisant we might)

It will be amazing if we get up, what they’ve gone through and what it will mean to my son. Forget the sentiment around Melbourne, this is our second GF in 50 years, make hay while the sun shines.

Plus, I want some New Era premiership merch :)

bulldogtragic
22-09-2021, 08:50 AM
I want the Road to Glory T-Shitt. Probably a few if/when we win. I vividly remember WO after the 2016 win. I’ve never seen so much money flying around. Was massive for the club.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-09-2021, 09:10 AM
I want the Road to Glory T-Shitt. Probably a few if/when we win. I vividly remember WO after the 2016 win. I’ve never seen so much money flying around. Was massive for the club.

Yeah my wife was going to buy me the Road to Glory T-Shirt... I said.. If we lose, there is no way I'm EVER wearing it.. Let's not put cart before the horse.. Let's win this thing, THEN load up on merch.

azabob
22-09-2021, 09:17 AM

Funke stay strong mate, stick around these parts win lose or draw - we will get through it all.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Yeah my wife was going to buy me the Road to Glory T-Shirt... I said.. If we lose, there is no way I'm EVER wearing it.. Let's not put cart before the horse.. Let's win this thing, THEN load up on merch.

Yep. I couldn’t get paid enough to wear it if we lost. If/when we win this forum could fund Cody Raak as a Cat B Rookie for three years. Does that make WOOF a player sponsor?

Happy Days
22-09-2021, 09:34 AM
The Road to Glory shirt is cool but it is absolutely cursed as well.

EasternWest
22-09-2021, 09:36 AM
Chin up Funke Disco.

We won't ever know what you've been going through.

Firstly - kyboshing that motherhood statement I just made, you are always with us and one of us. You are a part of us and we are always here and part of you, like it or not

Secondly - see above

Stupid, sexy jeemak.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2021, 10:07 AM

Don’t worry Funke, I’ve got the same feeling of dread and anxiety too. Based on nothing. Just the thought of losing. But we’re all in this together! This forum is a coping mechanism for me. Sometimes represented in outbursts in the game day thread, but once the dust has settled there’s no better place to be win or lose as no one else quite understands the pain or joy if they’re not a dogs supporter. I keep reminding myself just to enjoy the moment as they only come around every 5 years.

DOG GOD
22-09-2021, 07:34 PM
I’m actually feeling 50/50. Never thought I’d say that.
We are a chance.

comrade
22-09-2021, 07:39 PM
We are a chance.

Riots, earthquakes and DG up and about! What a day :D

1eyedog
22-09-2021, 07:40 PM
We are a chance.

I agree its a 50/50 game.

bornadog
22-09-2021, 10:22 PM
We are a chance.

First quarter will tell all.

Testekill
23-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Win or lose it's an amazing result, we were never supposed to get that deep. If we win then awesome, if not then come back next year with the kinks banged out.

ReLoad
23-09-2021, 05:04 PM
I'm so mixed about the game:

Part of me says "It's going to be soooooo Bulldog that we do all this hard work, build us up to be this big thing, then stuff it up when the time comes"

But then i think about 2016 which was even more so, yet we proved the world wrong and were so magnificent.

I'm afraid that 36 years of being a believer has ingrained me with pessimism around big moments that the club faces.

So i am not getting my hopes up, i know our best is better then the demons best, so I think the only way the loss happens is if we lose it, rather than the demons winning it (sounds weird i know)

I'm going to be on the Bulldogs webcast tomorrow lunchtime, watch out for the huge shout out to the woof community. (and my Ben Hudson scarf !!)

Grantysghost
23-09-2021, 05:07 PM
I'm so mixed about the game:

Part of me says "It's going to be soooooo Bulldog that we do all this hard work, build us up to be this big thing, then stuff it up when the time comes"

But then i think about 2016 which was even more so, yet we proved the world wrong and were so magnificent.

I'm afraid that 36 years of being a believer has ingrained me with pessimism around big moments that the club faces.

So i am not getting my hopes up, i know our best is better then the demons best, so I think the only way the loss happens is if we lose it, rather than the demons winning it (sounds weird i know)

I'm going to be on the Bulldogs webcast tomorrow lunchtime, watch out for the huge shout out to the woof community. (and my Ben Hudson scarf !!)

I share the feeling Reload, but have so much faith in Bevo's ability to conjur something amazing, he seems to have been able to do it across all levels too.

I'll be watching the webcast, should be good enjoy.

DOG GOD
23-09-2021, 06:53 PM
First quarter will tell all.
I agree Bornadog. We have to come out like we did in the Port game. We have to show our intention early. Martin putting a knee into Gawn, and Libba knocking Oliver on his ass, allowing Bont to run and boot to a pack marking Naughton in the first 30 seconds would be an ideal start thanks.

DOG GOD
23-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Riots, earthquakes and DG up and about! What a day :D

I was timing my run Comrade ;)

Doc26
23-09-2021, 06:59 PM
I wish that I could be enjoying the moment like I should but as most of us will appreciate this goes well be entertainment.

To be honest, I’ll be relieved now when its’s over, and hopefully the right result eventuates where I can sit back with immense joy and pride watching the replay.

The Underdog
24-09-2021, 11:04 AM
I’m feeling pretty zen at this point. Maybe it’s because I’d essentially given up hope of getting this far after Round 23 or maybe I’m just finally growing up :)
I’ll obviously be completely mental tomorrow night during the game and dev estates if we lose but on some level the potential for heartbreak is the price of admission for getting into a GF, and frankly I’d rather take the chance of disappointment on this level every year than sputter into 10th on a regular basis. This shit is way better regardless of outcome

bulldogtragic
24-09-2021, 11:34 AM
Hawthorn with a similar aged list lost a GF in 2012. Then won the next three.

Win or lose, like Clarko says, good teams just have to keep getting there and probability says there’s wins and losses. I still think we can and should win.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2021, 12:46 AM
Clarkson told his boys after losing in 2012, it’s just a game, an important game, but look around the world and worse things are happening.

Also, if you get there often enough you win one, if you get there often enough you lose one. Just get there often enough.

Nice perspective. Being good enough to get here often enough. That’s a good good club with good players and coaches.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m angry. But Clarkson view on these things is pretty apt. He told this to his losing side in 2012 as well as being his philosophy around GFs. They with a similar aged list won the next three. But like Hawthorn, we need to keep bringing in talent through trades this year to improve the list and plug holes. If we aren’t getting better, our opponents will overtake us. One year of window got shut. So improve the list Sam Power, and let’s not loose another window year. We need to keep getting there often enough. That improvement to do that starts now with Sam.

azabob
26-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Don’t get me wrong, I’m angry. But Clarkson view on these things is pretty apt. He told this to his losing side in 2012 as well as being his philosophy around GFs. They with a similar aged list won the next three. But like Hawthorn, we need to keep bringing in talent through trades this year to improve the list and plug holes. If we aren’t getting better, our opponents will overtake us. One year of window got shut. So improve the list Sam Power, and let’s not loose another window year. We need to keep getting there often enough. That improvement to do that starts now with Sam.

Thanks BT. Perspective is great.

Just this feeling of helplessness…

bulldogtragic
26-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Thanks BT. Perspective is great.

Just this feeling of helplessness…

Yep. I want a mulligan. But that’s not how it works. Our boys could’ve had much scar tissue and be dejected. With every hard preseason session they have in their minds the ‘celebration’ of Melbourne. Now the boys have rage to get through those sessions. Motivation to do extra sessions. Melbourne can get *!*!*!*!ed, but that’s a gift to Bevo and the playing group to pull out as needed. We can change the focus of dejection into focussed rage to improve.

Mantis
27-09-2021, 02:34 PM

The comparison with Hawthorn is fair, but they didn't have underage talent like JUH & Darcy to deal with which chews up trade currency.

To bring in established players in areas of need we're going to have to shift a number of players on and maximize the value gained, so talk of Coll wanting to get Lipinski through the PSD isn't music to my ears.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2021, 03:10 PM
The comparison with Hawthorn is fair, but they didn't have underage talent like JUH & Darcy to deal with which chews up trade currency.

To bring in established players in areas of need we're going to have to shift a number of players on and maximize the value gained, so talk of Coll wanting to get Lipinski through the PSD isn't music to my ears.

If that happens that’s a stain on the game and Lippa. I get wanting more opportunities, but burning your current club to do that is gutter crawling stuff. Hopefully just Collingwood pushing it and nothing into it. Hopefully.

G-Mo77
27-09-2021, 03:34 PM
If that happens that’s a stain on the game and Lippa. I get wanting more opportunities, but burning your current club to do that is gutter crawling stuff. Hopefully just Collingwood pushing it and nothing into it. Hopefully.

Doesn't happen very often nowdays. It's just posturing, clubs/list managers are more mature than dickheads in the media trying to get a click. There are too many bridges burnt.

Ghost Dog
27-09-2021, 04:12 PM
Outside my apartment, here on the outskirts of Shanghai, there are sometimes people going through rubbish bins for food.
It kind of puts things in perspective.

It's been grand entertainment. I didn't enjoy losing in the way we did, but understandable given the travel schedule.
The boys are just a bit tired and certain players didn't seize the moment. Happens. Out coached? I don't think the score reflects our true team ability, but they were the better team for most of the year.
Like the Clarko philosophy. Got to be in it to win it. Focus on getting into it.