PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Bailey Dale 31

Hotdog60
01-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I may need to hurry this up. :)

Hotdog60
01-03-2022, 12:54 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/996708.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

Bailey Dale is medium forward with clean, quick hands and good agility, who arrived at the Kennel via a third round selection (pick 45 overall) in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft. After making his senior debut in Round 7, 2015, Dale played a further nine games in his first year. Unable to consolidate a permanent senior spot, Dale played made 30 senior appearances in the following three seasons, and was also a member of the Footscray Bulldogs' 2016 VFL Premiership team. The 23-year-old found his spot as a forward in the last seven weeks of 2019 however, kicking 20 goals. Dale’s ability to impact in the air and at ground level – and hit the scoreboard – was important as the Bulldogs charged towards finals football. He also signed a three-year contract to extend his stay at the Kennel until 2022, and has spent the 2021 pre-season playing more across half-back.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/1053/bailey-dale)

Hotdog60
01-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Isn't it amazing what a switch can do to a player that was more a bit part in the forward line to a key member of our defence.
I would place Bailey in the Elite category since moving to half back if he has one thing he could improve on is he's tackling but in saying that the metres gained is more important and the drive he gives from defence.
The other thing is he's very reliable when shooting from long range at goal.

bornadog
01-03-2022, 01:46 PM
I would place him at above average even though he earned an AA. I want to see his output through this season before I would consider he is elite.

comrade
01-03-2022, 02:09 PM
He was very good in the practice match against Essendon, looks right at home across half back. Will be interesting if opposition teams try to clamp him down, but I think he’s set for another good year.

Mofra
01-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Elite due to his AA - I was "wait and see" but based on his praccy match against Essendon he seems set to continue his 2021 form.

EasternWest
01-03-2022, 04:31 PM
Above average, reckon he needs a few seasons at high level to go higher than that.

But I'm happy for him with how he's sparked his career. Seems a nice kid.

GVGjr
01-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Above average for me and needs to back up his 2021 form this year.
A real versatile player who was very good at times as a forward before becoming and an even better player as running defender.
He was a big part of why we took a good step forward last year.

jazzadogs
01-03-2022, 08:59 PM
He had an elite 2021 but probably can't be classed as an elite player yet - not even sure that makes sense, but I agree he needs another year or two at his elite level to gain that label.

Bulldog Joe
02-03-2022, 01:56 PM
He does need to back up his 2021 season, but he is definitely an elite kick.

The best kick in the comp and streaming towards 50 with ball in hand there is nobody more likely to score a goal.

Only Lindsay Gilbee from the past would rival him, but I believe Dale is better.

Testekill
02-03-2022, 04:30 PM
His 2021 was elite but I'm leaning above average if only because we've seen hundreds of players have an amazing year before falling off. He did play extremely well in the scratch match though so another year like last year would make him elite.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-03-2022, 04:18 PM
His 2021 was elite but I'm leaning above average if only because we've seen hundreds of players have an amazing year before falling off. He did play extremely well in the scratch match though so another year like last year would make him elite.

Agree with this.

The fact we're considering if he's elite or not is an outstanding transformation on his behalf though. I do remember Dalrymple mentioning Dale would be the best of our bunch that we drafted in that year.

GVGjr
04-03-2022, 04:36 PM
Agree with this.

The fact we're considering if he's elite or not is an outstanding transformation on his behalf though. I do remember Dalrymple mentioning Dale would be the best of our bunch that we drafted in that year.

I think our own Go_Dogs might have been saying something similar as well.

boydogs
05-03-2022, 02:03 AM
He was so physically uncompetitive when he started out, once he got that right he started to flourish. A few 5 goal bags as a forward then a stunning transition. A big part of our rise last year