Collingwood vs. Gold Coast SUNS MCG 1:10pm Fox Footy

Western Bulldogs vs. Essendon Marvel Stadium 3:20pm Seven/Fox

Sydney Swans vs. Brisbane Lions SCG 4:40pm Fox Footy

Eastdog
26-04-2022, 05:10 PM
Bump

azabob
26-04-2022, 07:12 PM
Shame Fremantle have lost Darcy to concussion. He would have had fun with the cats rucks.

Shame the match of the round is the Sunday 4.40pm game.

bornadog
27-04-2022, 10:53 AM
Simon Goodwin out with Covid

azabob
27-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Simon Goodwin out with Covid

A few players also. Luke Jackson one of them.

DOG GOD
27-04-2022, 07:11 PM
Let’s hope Peter Wright is one too.

macca
27-04-2022, 10:23 PM
Let’s hope Peter Wright is one too.

We played him into form last year, and made him believe he was a fwd superstar. His just tall... okok he can kick straight.

Testekill
29-04-2022, 10:13 PM
I hope that English watches this match if he's still considering the Eagles.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-04-2022, 10:25 PM
West Coast are hopeless.

EasternWest
29-04-2022, 10:34 PM
Eagles fans right now.

https://i.postimg.cc/1zprq3DF/the-simpsons-he-is-already-dead.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Sedat
29-04-2022, 10:40 PM
West Coast getting a Friday night game in a floating fixture is peak AFEL

EasternWest
29-04-2022, 10:57 PM
West Coast totally bereft of leadership. Time and again it's their senior players panicking or half arsing it. It's no wonder they're a basket case.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-04-2022, 11:06 PM
Good old fashioned shellacking.

macca
29-04-2022, 11:25 PM
the eagle has Crashed landed. 100 point pasting on the way.

Is it worth looking at Kennedy for a trade next year?

Maybe McGovern could be a potential salary dump as they rebuild ?

130 points scored against rebounds. Richmond are ruthless and their kicking skills are up in the top of the league.

Go_Dogs
30-04-2022, 08:57 AM
We get to play the Eagles soon right?

mjp
30-04-2022, 09:24 AM
I know our results post 2016 have been somewhat under-whelming (2021 GF notwithstanding) but everyone knows West Coast WON a premiership only 3 seasons ago?

Since they won, only Richmond (19 + 20) and Melbourne have saluted...

This is a remarkable fall.

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 09:34 AM
I know our results post 2016 have been somewhat under-whelming (2021 GF notwithstanding) but everyone knows West Coast WON a premiership only 3 seasons ago?

How do we get Ryan out of there!?

He needs a new home at the kennel.

G-Mo77
30-04-2022, 09:53 AM
How do we get Ryan out of there!?

He needs a new home at the kennel.

Tim English? I reckon we'll lose him. Ryan could be some small compensation?

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Tim English? I reckon we'll lose him. Ryan could be some small compensation?

God that would be a disaster after all our work. But I've got a bad feeling too we need his signature stat! Ryan would ease it. Hard part is getting the player to want to come.

Tbh with Tim I think he'll sign a shorter deal with us to take him to his big pay day contract when everyone will be throwing the world at him.

2 years maybe.

azabob
30-04-2022, 11:07 AM
My theory on rock n roll is West coast will be throwing all their energies into Luke Jackson rather than English.

Mofra
30-04-2022, 01:18 PM
the eagle has Crashed landed. 100 point pasting on the way.

Is it worth looking at Kennedy for a trade next year?

Maybe McGovern could be a potential salary dump as they rebuild ?

130 points scored against rebounds. Richmond are ruthless and their kicking skills are up in the top of the league.
Eagles have Brisbane in Brisbane then Melbourne over the next two rounds.

Potential 100 point losses three weeks in a row?

Gaff was the medi-sub. If he wants to come back to Vic to finish his career I'd welcome him. Still only 29

Mofra
30-04-2022, 01:20 PM
My theory on rock n roll is West coast will be throwing all their energies into Luke Jackson rather than English.
Well, they're utter shite and they are targeting two rucks from last years' Grand Finalists.

Unless they pay way overs - like, $900k for English or $1.2m for Jackson - I'm not sure they are that attractive a destination. First year of rebuild is a ridiculously hard sell.

GVGjr
30-04-2022, 01:59 PM
Well, they're utter shite and they are targeting two rucks from last years' Grand Finalists.

Unless they pay way overs - like, $900k for English or $1.2m for Jackson - I'm not sure they are that attractive a destination. First year of rebuild is a ridiculously hard sell.

While I agree wholeheartedly it would be an awesome pairing for the Eagles. The problem as you point out is that 2M invested in ruckman forwards is a substantial part of the cap. They'll go hard at both and be grateful to settle for one them.

azabob
30-04-2022, 03:44 PM
Is it possible Rory Lobb is an actual AFL player? I’ve been impressed with how he is playing this year.

Fremantle are continuing to play an attractive brand of football combined with defensive intent.

Extremely well coached and structured.

azabob
30-04-2022, 03:46 PM

Are the Perth media holding them to account? Or are they still getting an armchair ride?

azabob
30-04-2022, 04:00 PM
Gee whiz…

GWS are destroying the Crows.

Not even half way through the second quarter and they are up 9.6.60 to 1.1.7

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 04:20 PM
Gee whiz…

GWS are destroying the Crows.

Not even half way through the second quarter and they are up 9.6.60 to 1.1.7

It's a worry. 74 to 15 at the half. I guess the Crows have some young guys that could explain the drop off as they werent bad last week. Unless we were really really bad.

The Underdog
30-04-2022, 04:32 PM
It me, huge Freo Dockers super fan. C'mon Dockers.

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 04:40 PM
It's a worry. 74 to 15 at the half. I guess the Crows have some young guys that could explain the drop off as they werent bad last week. Unless we were really really bad.

Yep, we were dreadful

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 04:41 PM
Would love to see Dockers win this..just got this feeling Geel will win by a point in the dying secs :(

The Underdog
30-04-2022, 04:49 PM
Would love to see Dockers win this..just got this feeling Geel will win by a point in the dying secs :(

That'd be very Geelong.
Just found myself hugely impressed by Blake Acres. Have clearly entered an alternate reality

bornadog
30-04-2022, 04:49 PM
Is it possible Rory Lobb is an actual AFL player? I’ve been impressed with how he is playing this year.

Fremantle are continuing to play an attractive brand of football combined with defensive intent.

They look pretty good don't they

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Their lesser likes are playing their roles. Team orientated and well drilled, and without their best player.

G-Mo77
30-04-2022, 04:59 PM
Gosh it's hard listening to this Howard guy. Johnno is great (biased) and NDS is also pretty good. This Howie though is terrible

MrMahatma
30-04-2022, 05:03 PM
Gosh it's hard listening to this Howard guy. Johnno is great (biased) and NDS is also pretty good. This Howie though is terrible

Ha! I find them all horrible to listen to. None of their voices work for me.

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 05:18 PM
No no no no

GVGjr
30-04-2022, 05:19 PM

They're an interesting team to watch. Lobb could be anything. Acres played well

Is Lloyd Meek a ruckman worth chasing?

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 05:19 PM
Well done Freo…great effort

GVGjr
30-04-2022, 05:20 PM
Hasn't Adelaide come back to planet Earth and as much as I don't like them it's good to see the GWS team rally to take a bit of pressure off Leon.

azabob
30-04-2022, 05:26 PM

Meek is definitely one looking at. Only issue is he is good enough to be a number 1 ruckman.

Huge win by the Dockers. Geelong started quickly and well, kicking the first three goals. Dockers were able to settle and get back into the game.
Considering they didn’t have their number 1 ruckman, Fyfe and Tabinar.

azabob
30-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Their lesser likes are playing their roles. Team orientated and well drilled, and without their best player.

Nah, Brayshaw played…

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 05:28 PM
Nah, Brayshaw played…
Ok ;)

bornadog
30-04-2022, 06:10 PM
Hawks with a fast start again and should have nailed a couple more with Breust missing from 30m.

Can they be competitive for another 3 quarters

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 06:13 PM

Play exactly the same as Melbourne. Strong defence and structures and rebound off half back.

This is the way.

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Hawks with a fast start again and should have nailed a couple more with Breust missing from 30m.

No chance

MrMahatma
30-04-2022, 06:38 PM
Play exactly the same as Melbourne. Strong defence and structures and rebound off half back.

This is the way.

Seem to always have good KPP. Would beat us by 5 goals at this point!

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 06:57 PM
Seem to always have good KPP. Would beat us by 5 goals at this point!

They'd grind to a 3 to 5 goal win you're right.

Good defences trump all else.

josie
30-04-2022, 06:59 PM

Mitchell seems like a good coach. Anyone notice that hawks may have a philosophy of ok to give away a free eg chop arms to hold up play/ give time for them to stream into defence. Clever technique. Sicily such a smug face but gee he is a really good player. They probably will not win but hawks doing well up to half time. If they could deliver into F50 a bit better it could be a smidge closer. They seem to be putting clamps on Oliver, and perhaps Petracca but more so former who often feeds the latter. For those more astute is Oliver being tagged?

Melbourne outstanding at streaming forward and generally their goal kicking is top notch. Brown may be kinda boring and Fritsch as annoying as Alfred E Neumann with that wide grin and weird hair but they sure know how to mark and kick straight I50. If a Dees player is within 50 or close to it and going for goal you’d back them in 5 to 7 out of 10 times at present. Is it technique, is it confidence, are they just more talented? A combo of all 3? Wish we had that formula.

Is our Bailey a chance of being swooped on, with hawks on the rise? I sure hope we keep him, but also wonder what would he be worth (another thread I know).

G-Mo77
30-04-2022, 07:10 PM

This is the way.

This is the way.

bornadog
30-04-2022, 07:12 PM
Hawks have certainly missed some easy shots with Breust missing two easy ones, and Gunston with that wild shot.

bornadog
30-04-2022, 07:14 PM
This is the way.

Have you noticed, Melbourne rarely switch play from one side of the ground to the other like we try and do. They are more direct from the backline in transition to the forward line. By constantly switching, we end up moving the ball too slowly and by the time we get to FW50, it is clogged with players.

EasternWest
30-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Have you noticed, Melbourne rarely switch play from one side of the ground to the other like we try and do. They are more direct from the backline in transition to the forward line. By constantly switching, we end up moving the ball too slowly and by the time we get to FW50, it is clogged with players.

Except for the times when we go direct by bombing it down the line.

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 07:48 PM

They trust their defence. They don't care about clearances even.
Its like when you're potting your plants and you put the gravel in the bottom to absorb the water so they don't get soggy feet.

It's exactly that!

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 07:53 PM
This is the way.

https://media.giphy.com/media/aCatQNctAK7PC1H4zh/giphy.gif

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Hawks have run with Langdon tonight.

Wow, strategy.

josie
30-04-2022, 08:05 PM
They trust their defence. They don't care about clearances even.
Its like when you're potting your plants and you put the gravel in the bottom to absorb the water so they don't get soggy feet.

It's exactly that!

Take a bow GG. Now that’s a lateral thinking, green eco analogy if ever I’ve heard one.

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 08:08 PM
Take a bow GG. Now that’s a lateral thinking, green eco analogy if ever I’ve heard one.

Haha thanks Josie. If you say 100 dumb things 1 has to resonate xD

kruder
30-04-2022, 08:09 PM
Boyd developing nicely at Fremantle I just have a feeling one day he will be our coach.

MrMahatma
30-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Hawks should’ve beaten the Dees! Amazing match. Hawks will be dangerous in 2 years. And Dees ain’t invincible

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Boyd developing nicely at Fremantle I just have a feeling one day he will be our coach.

I would be very happy with that.

Wouldn't tolerate anyone who doesn't meet the standard.

For eg Schache would've been gone already I think.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong I just think that's the kind of coach he'd be.

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Saints in Cairns is killing me after Ballarat.

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 08:39 PM
Hawks should’ve beaten the Dees! Amazing match. Hawks will be dangerous in 2 years. And Dees ain’t invincible

Melbourne has 6 out with covid plus Salem.

Not sure.

azabob
30-04-2022, 08:45 PM

Not sure.

Which 6?

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 08:53 PM
Which 6?

Jackson, Pickett, Neale-Bullen, Petty, plus two more ha.

Add Sparrow.

Edit : it was 5.

The 6th was the coach!

MrMahatma
30-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Delete

MrMahatma
30-04-2022, 09:14 PM

Not sure.

You think they can’t be beaten?

Grantysghost
30-04-2022, 09:22 PM
You think they can’t be beaten?

I think they're 1 out above the other 17 at the moment.

They just don't concede score. Don't know when the last time they copped 100 against it just doesn't happen.

Of course they're beatable. If they get injuries to key players but man at the moment they're a class above (sadly)

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 09:47 PM
I think hawks kicked 4 goals in the last 6 mins to flatter the scoreboard

Mantis
30-04-2022, 10:16 PM
I know it’s only against North, but 5 intercept marks for Lewis Young so far.

Still think he could’ve been ok for us in defence… but hey, we’ve got Zaine. *insert vomit emoji*

The Bulldogs Bite
30-04-2022, 10:32 PM

Still think he could’ve been ok for us in defence… but hey, we’ve got Zaine. *insert vomit emoji*

He was mostly fine with us as a key defender, but we made up reasons to drop him. He went from blanketing Daniher and being near best on, to an average game the following week v GC, to immediately dropped.

If he kicks on, it's a very poor reflection on our list management and coaching team. Jones, Hamling (different reasons but we let him go), Adams, Roughead, Young ... None are superstars but they'd all comfortably be our #2 right now (well, theroetically, because we just wouldn't play them)

DOG GOD
30-04-2022, 10:58 PM
Saints are just as bad as us at kicking goals. 4.18 cost them tonight.

Grantysghost
01-05-2022, 12:48 AM

No he sucks no Bevo conspiracy here

Happy Days
01-05-2022, 02:36 AM

Zaine is fully completely better than Lewis Young.

Mantis
01-05-2022, 06:53 AM
Zaine is fully completely better than Lewis Young.

I can’t agree with you there.

Zaine took 2 marks against North as a forward and everyone on here gave him credit for his game. The expectations are so low for him it’s not funny… but I guess we’re lucky that he has a dip.

MrMahatma
01-05-2022, 07:36 AM

Zaine took 2 marks against North as a forward and everyone on here gave him credit for his game. The expectations are so low for him it’s not funny… but I guess we’re lucky that he has a dip.

It is pretty amazing how he gets picked when Schache gets dropped and it’s appears to be about how he “looks” to be trying harder. Zaine takes 2 marks and people say he might actually work as a forward. Schache kicks 2 (unconventional I guess) goals and he’s out.

Of all the selection craziness (lack of rucks, playing project players with little talent…) the non-selection of Schache or Young intrigue me most.

comrade
01-05-2022, 08:21 AM
Melbourne will s**t the flag in this year. Brisbane might push them but not away from the Gabba. Freo is genuinely the wildcard. Darcy can match it with Gawn.

G-Mo77
01-05-2022, 09:31 AM
You're just playing Defence if you think Lewis Young wouldn't be a walk up start into our team right now. We've given away KPD like their growing on trees out in the backyard.

bornadog
01-05-2022, 11:01 AM
If he kicks on, it's a very poor reflection on our list management and coaching team. Jones, Hamling (different reasons but we let him go), Adams, Roughead, Young ... None are superstars but they'd all comfortably be our #2 right now (well, theroetically, because we just wouldn't play them)

* Jones - Some how Macca gave him a hard time and let him go - that was a mistake.

* Hamling - We have done it to death on here, but he insisted on going back to WA due to father's illness. He has since died.

* Adams - Hardly ever got on the park due to foot injuries, and is not good one on one.

* Roughead - Prefer to have kept him, but has been an average backman

* Young - Jury still out see how he goes

As you say none are superstars, although Jones above average as a backman, but would we have played him back?

mjp
01-05-2022, 11:48 AM
Melbourne will s**t the flag in this year. Brisbane might push them but not away from the Gabba. Freo is genuinely the wildcard. Darcy can match it with Gawn.

Will they though?

There's a reason we play the games. They still have massive problems forward of centre and I really await a team coming at their midfield with a defensive attitude.

If you lose on the wrong day you don't win the premiership and there are stories of this going back to the dawn of time.

Happy Days
01-05-2022, 01:23 PM

Young is obviously a better intercepter but that is his whole game. His positioning is horrible because all he’s thinking is to mark the ball, which is fine when you’re playing against Callum Coleman Jones but is not conducive to your team being better. He still can’t stop anyone, still uses the ball horribly and is still gonna have mark of the year taken on him one day.

Give me “having a dip” over that any day.

Happy Days
01-05-2022, 01:25 PM
Dees are on track to be the first team in the history of world sport to win every game of a season without actually playing well in any of them. They’re miles in front.

Happy Days
01-05-2022, 02:57 PM
Damn maybe we should’ve looked at Casboult.

DOG GOD
01-05-2022, 03:04 PM
Well he can play fwd and ruck, take a contested mark, and kick for goal as well as Naughton, so yeah, we should’ve asked the question.

Grantysghost
01-05-2022, 03:47 PM

I've always been a strong advocate for him.

comrade
01-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Will they though?

There's a reason we play the games. They still have massive problems forward of centre and I really await a team coming at their midfield with a defensive attitude.

If you lose on the wrong day you don't win the premiership and there are stories of this going back to the dawn of time.

I wouldn’t say massive problems.

They had problems forward up until about round 20 last year and it all worked out. They might get caught out on a bad day with a team playing a blinder but it’s theirs to lose.

DOG GOD
01-05-2022, 06:22 PM
I wouldn’t say massive problems.

They had problems forward up until about round 20 last year and it all worked out. They might get caught out on a bad day with a team playing a blinder but it’s theirs to lose.

Agree. I can’t see any team getting near them.
May/Lever
Gawn/Oliver/Petracca
Brown/Fritsch/Weideman (all actual fwds)

macca
02-05-2022, 02:06 AM
Agree. I can’t see any team getting near them.
May/Lever
Gawn/Oliver/Petracca
Brown/Fritsch/Weideman (all actual fwds)

Nothing funny, the player , plays in their position of their strength

I don't rate Weiderman , but they have stuck with him as a forward for years now . His insurance for Brown , and eventually when Brown retires he will take over.

They stick with players in a position