PDA

View Full Version : "Show me the money" - Doco on the AFL trade period

Dry Rot
11-03-2022, 02:20 AM
A new documentary shines a light on the draft, the deals and the horse trading which both highlight and blight the off-season

In Show Me the Money, a three-part documentary that premieres on Stan on Thursday night, the trade period, the draft, the deals and the horse trading are examined in considerable detail.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/mar/10/afl-players-on-the-periphery-with-agents-front-and-centre-during-trade-period

GVGjr
14-03-2022, 12:25 PM
I watched it, it was good without being brilliant.
Most draft watchers understand the process but perhaps for some it was very informative.

azabob
14-03-2022, 02:00 PM
I watched it, it was good without being brilliant.
Most draft watchers understand the process but perhaps for some it was very informative.

Agree.
I didn’t particularly like Colin Young and his team. They seem to have a different approach to other agents.
Cerra agent was actively involved in negotiations for picks, where as Colin Young’s agency seemed to stay out of that part.

GVGjr
14-03-2022, 02:05 PM
Agree.
I didn’t particularly like Colin Young and his team. They seem to have a different approach to other agents.
Cerra agent was actively involved in negotiations for picks, where as Colin Young’s agency seemed to stay out of that part.

Young comes across and as arrogant so and so but is probably the exact opposite. McDougall is quite good though.

dog town
14-03-2022, 02:42 PM
Surprising level of access makes it a worthwhile watch. Interesting seeing agents and players reaction to Melbourne pitches, doing quite a bit right off the field Melbourne.

GVGjr
14-03-2022, 03:40 PM
Surprising level of access makes it a worthwhile watch. Interesting seeing agents and players reaction to Melbourne pitches, doing quite a bit right off the field Melbourne.

The process on getting Dunstan to Melbourne was interesting.

bornadog
14-03-2022, 05:19 PM
Is it only on Stan?

GVGjr
14-03-2022, 05:23 PM
Is it only on Stan?

It's says Stan Original