PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Buku Khamis 24

Hotdog60
12-03-2022, 08:40 AM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I may need to hurry this up.

Hotdog60
12-03-2022, 08:41 AM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/998782.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

Buku Khamis became the Club's first Next Generation Academy recruit, added to the Club's playing list as a pre-selected rookie in 2018. A relatively late bloomer in a football sense, Khamis, a refugee from South Sudan, moved to Australia in 2006 with his family and took up AFL in his last year of primary school. He is a product of the Bulldogs’ Next Generation Academy and was a participant in the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation’s Ready SETTLE Go program. The athletic defender has the ability to take on the game with his impressive running ability, and possesses clean skills. He is a strong intercept mark and reads the flight of the ball well. Made his career debut in round nine, 2021 against Carlton.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/1959/buku-khamis)

GVGjr
12-03-2022, 09:29 AM
He did OK last year and 2022 is now a big one for him. Is there a spot for him? I'm not so sure but here is hoping he takes his chances.

Hotdog60
12-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Looks to have the tools to work with and he was coming from a long way back. I would like Buku to succeed but I think if there isn't a lot of progress this year it may be his last.

bornadog
12-03-2022, 02:48 PM
Below average at this stage and I have big doubts on whether he will make it. Of course I hope he can.

Testekill
12-03-2022, 05:17 PM
Below average, have my doubts if he can make it since the VFL has been so interrupted over the last two years. He's looked solid in the VFL though so he could.

soupman
12-03-2022, 09:26 PM
I know he is a cat B rookie (although there were doubts about that for a while) so not technically taking a list spot, but if he doesn't start delivering in this, his fourth year on the list, you'd really be questioning if the ROI is worth it.

I'm hoping the approach the club took with Raak, where they did everything but draft him as an 18 year old, gave him a full pre-season, had him playing in our VFL side, and clearly put the work in, and then drafted him a year later shows we have learnt from the Khamis experience.

We have been very generous with our list spots in the Beveridge era so I'm hoping my theory on how we have managed Raak thus far is not just fan fiction and we have indeed learnt from the Khamis experience.