PDA

View Full Version : "Not worth a thread" chat

Pages : [1] 2

Mofra
23-03-2022, 10:10 AM
Hey you wonderful handsome/beautiful Woofers who are blessed with intelligence, charm and excellent decision making capacity when it comes to choosing which AFL club to support.

Sometimes we want to chat about something but it's not worth a whole thread, so here is a repository for all those random 'small points' to discuss.

I've got one - Josh Dunkley's comments during the week.

Last week it was released that Stephen May mentioned on field to Aaron Naughton that we should stop Petracca, with Naughts responding 'we don't tag'.
Now, we actually have in the past under a Bevo team (Libba tagging JPK in the second half of the 2016 GF). Dunkley during the week put his hand up to take that role - and this week we face a rampaging Cripps.

Clever ploy from Dunks to get more CBA time but will we see a change in philosophy from our coaching staff to, at times, put a bit of time into an opposition mid that's getting away from us? We don't actually lose much having by Dunkley at his best around a stoppage - but the flip side is we seem to favour having one of Treloar or Bailey Smith near the ball at all times for their burst capacity (this year - yes small sample size).

Happy Days
23-03-2022, 11:11 AM
I love the implication that if we had’ve tagged Petracca we would have stopped Petracca. It’s not like no time gets put into defence at stoppages and is having essentially an NPC around the ball really the best gameplan against a dynamic midfield and a ruckman who wins 80% of hitouts?

Mofra
23-03-2022, 11:17 AM
I'd argue at the very least from about halfway through the third quarter in the GF our positioning at CBAs was woeful and we clearely didn't put time into him.

It will be interesting to see how we handle those types during the season. Cripps, Touk Miller, Steele, Neale, the types we need to keep an eye on.

bornadog
23-03-2022, 11:41 AM
I'd argue at the very least from about halfway through the third quarter in the GF our positioning at CBAs was woeful and we clearely didn't put time into him.

It will be interesting to see how we handle those types during the season. Cripps, Touk Miller, Steele, Neale, the types we need to keep an eye on.

In GF we should have gone the knuckle :D started a fight and put Petraca out of the game - after all it is a GF ;)

Ghost Dog
23-03-2022, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the thread Mofra
Most of my additions are probably not worth a thread:D

VENT
How is it possible for Rioli to get off with that?

bornadog
23-03-2022, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the thread Mofra

How is it possible for Rioli to get off with that?

He didn't hit the head, there was no injury to Rowell.

azabob
23-03-2022, 12:15 PM
Last week it was released that Stephen May mentioned on field to Aaron Naughton that we should stop Petracca, with Naughts responding 'we don't tag'.

The appropriate response should have been why don't you worry about stopping me....

EasternWest
23-03-2022, 01:44 PM

You need to stop saying that. He ironed him out in a reckless act.

Whether Rowell was injured or not is irrelevant. If he can get away with that what if it's Bont next time?

I love you BAD but you've lost the plot on this.

Mofra
23-03-2022, 01:57 PM
The appropriate response should have been why don't you worry about stopping me....
Another "not worth a thread" idea - Naughton vs May is the best individual match up in the AFL right now.

It's not quite Carey vs Jakovich but it's the best we've got.

Axe Man
23-03-2022, 02:00 PM

Whether Rowell was injured or not is irrelevant. If he can get away with that what if it's Bont next time?

I just fired a gun down the street, didn't hit anyone so I should be all good, yeah?

Happy Days
23-03-2022, 02:28 PM
I just fired a gun down the street, didn't hit anyone so I should be all good, yeah?

Sometimes actually yeah

Scraggers
23-03-2022, 02:45 PM

But he did hit the head. the initial contact was not to the face/chin area but the follow through was above the shoulders. He left the ground and made this contact. This had to be two weeks down to one.

bornadog
23-03-2022, 02:52 PM
But he did hit the head. the initial contact was not to the face/chin area but the follow through was above the shoulders. He left the ground and made this contact. This had to be two weeks down to one.

I don't think so

https://resources.afl.com.au/photo-resources/2022/03/20/62f6c370-920d-48a9-9b63-f7be3c217ae4/rioli-on-rowell_1024.jpg?width=1064&height=600

EasternWest
23-03-2022, 03:05 PM
I don't think so

https://resources.afl.com.au/photo-resources/2022/03/20/62f6c370-920d-48a9-9b63-f7be3c217ae4/rioli-on-rowell_1024.jpg?width=1064&height=600

https://i.postimg.cc/0Q30hF4C/Screenshot-20220323-140432.png (https://postimg.cc/Q9Q7T4hB)

You're wrong.

Scraggers
23-03-2022, 03:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/0Q30hF4C/Screenshot-20220323-140432.png (https://postimg.cc/Q9Q7T4hB)

You're wrong.

I can't upload pics or videos to WOOF (I'm not worthy) but if you go frame by frame he does make contact with the head. The angle you're looking for is the reverse of what you have shown here

GVGjr
23-03-2022, 03:17 PM

He knew he was late to the contest, he effectively ran the amber light, braced his body to protect himself and made a forcible contact to the player. Rowell might not have been injured but he had the stuffing knocked out of him.

Rioli is more than a bit lucky.

bornadog
23-03-2022, 03:24 PM

I am not the one who has lost the plot thank you.

I don't normally agree with the MRO, but they got this right and the Robinson one right.

EasternWest
23-03-2022, 03:27 PM
I can't upload pics or videos to WOOF (I'm not worthy) but if you go frame by frame he does make contact with the head. The angle you're looking for is the reverse of what you have shown here

No need I can see he's been hit in the head.

EasternWest
23-03-2022, 03:28 PM
I am not the one who has lost the plot thank you.

I don't normally agree with the MRO, but they got this right and the Robinson one right.

Except you have. I've posted photo evidence of head contact and you're still holding the line (your most admirable/infuriating trait).

Grantysghost
23-03-2022, 03:38 PM
Reminds me of the Michael Long / Troy Simmons bump in the 2000 GF.
Can cause a lot of damage. I'd be fine with a suspension.

bornadog
23-03-2022, 03:40 PM
Except you have. I've posted photo evidence of head contact and you're still holding the line (your most admirable/infuriating trait).

sorry that is not evidence based on different angles.

If he actually hit the head (not brushed on the way down), then I would agree with you. Happens a hundred times in a match in packs etc Rowell had no concussion, or damage to the head. He did appear to be holding is chest.

Sorry if I infuriate you - like it or lump it. :D

Grantysghost
23-03-2022, 03:42 PM

If he actually hit the head (not brushed on the way down), then I would agree with you. Happens a hundred times in a match in packs etc Rowell had no concussion, or damage to the head. He did appear to be holding is chest.

Sorry if I infuriate you - like it or lump it . :D

AKA, Sorry not sorry xD

EasternWest
23-03-2022, 03:55 PM

Sorry if I infuriate you - like it or lump it. :D

I'm gonna lump it this time.

You're wrong, and I look forward to when this happens to one of our players you holding this ridiculous line.

Good day to you sir.

https://i.postimg.cc/8cwJqntC/Screenshot-20220323-150743.png (https://postimg.cc/dZkVCnMM)

"No Head Contact"

hujsh
23-03-2022, 04:10 PM
Even if he didn't hit the head I'd argue that is purely luck based and not determined by any particular restraint on his part. The reckless action probably deserves some time off.

Scraggers
23-03-2022, 04:15 PM
Even if he didn't hit the head I'd argue that is purely luck based and not determined by any particular restraint on his part. The reckless action probably deserves some time off.

I agree.
The MRO were adamant last year that if you left the ground and made head high contact you would get weeks ... good to know that things have changed.

Grantysghost
23-03-2022, 04:38 PM
I'm gonna lump it this time.

You're wrong, and I look forward to when this happens to one of our players you holding this ridiculous line.

Good day to you sir.

https://i.postimg.cc/8cwJqntC/Screenshot-20220323-150743.png (https://postimg.cc/dZkVCnMM)

"No Head Contact"

Not sure what he's doing there tbh other than trying a shirt front.

GVGjr
23-03-2022, 09:08 PM

If Rowell had have come off the ground it's more than likely a 3 week holiday.

GVGjr
23-03-2022, 09:15 PM

He didn't have his eyes on the ball, wasn't attempting a mark, jumped in the air late, braced himself for the contact and collected the only player who was focused on the ball high and with enough force to have his grasping for air. It had the potential to get nasty for Rowell.
Do you really think that happens a hundred times in a game?

We have to get past the notion that if no one is injured in a head high collision it's play on and nothing to answer for.

I don't really care either way but the AFL have got this wrong and it sets a precedent for the season now.

Mofra
24-03-2022, 09:45 AM
Bailey Smith hip was a bit of a surprise - does that mean the leaks have stopped?

Scraggers
24-03-2022, 02:14 PM
Bailey Smith hip was a bit of a surprise - does that mean the leaks have stopped?

Indeed - the question is, who was leaking to GJ (Grub Journalist). Have we heard of any departures from the club?

jeemak
24-03-2022, 02:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSoJDUD_bU

jeemak
24-03-2022, 02:43 PM
Intent has to come into it, irrespective of whether the result is a concussion or otherwise.

You can cause a concussion without meaning to and without hitting the head in some instances. Rioli (and I know I bang on about this all the time), irrespective of the pace of the game knew exactly what he was doing when he jumped into Rowell. Yes the game is quick for the players, but it looks a shit tonne quicker from the sidelines/ on camera than it does in play. It's extremely rare that they don't know what they're doing or can't stop what they are thinking of doing.

Mantis
24-03-2022, 02:46 PM

Maybe... I am a little bewildered by Bevo's want to keep the selected team a secret until the teams are officially released. I'm not sure we get an advantage in doing so... but only the boss knows that.

jeemak
24-03-2022, 02:48 PM
Maybe... I am a little bewildered by Bevo's want to keep the selected team a secret until the teams are officially released. I'm not sure we get an advantage in doing so... but only the boss knows that.

I think it's an integrity in process and ethics standpoint, to be honest. Not so much about the end outcome, more so about what's right and wrong. The MC prepares and announce the teams a day before or whenever is required by the rules. End of argument.

If you look back at his most recent role before entering AFL coaching ranks, his entire world pretty much revolved around it. You cook people or organisations that don't follow the process in good faith, you have compassion and/ or leniency for those that do.

We'll see where his principles lead him in this industry. Caz Willow thinks they're driving him insane.

Mantis
24-03-2022, 03:22 PM
I think it's an integrity in process and ethics standpoint, to be honest. Not so much about the end outcome, more so about what's right and wrong. The MC prepares and announce the teams a day before or whenever is required by the rules. End of argument.

If you look back at his most recent role before entering AFL coaching ranks, his entire world pretty much revolved around it. You cook people or organisations that don't follow the process in good faith, you have compassion and/ or leniency for those that do.

We'll see where his principles lead him in this industry. Caz Willow thinks they're driving him insane.

Based on Bevo's comments at yesterday's presser I believe he thinks it gives the team a tactical advantage to delay making any announcements regarding the make-up of the team until the last minute which I'm not so sure on.... so would Carlton really give a shit if they find out at 10.20am or 6.20pm that Bailey Smith isn't playing?

Grantysghost
24-03-2022, 03:22 PM
Indeed - the question is, who was leaking to GJ (Grub Journalist). Have we heard of any departures from the club?

Might be the departure from FOX that stopped it.

Mofra
24-03-2022, 03:26 PM
Based on Bevo's comments at yesterday's presser I believe he thinks it gives the team a tactical advantage to delay making any announcements regarding the make-up of the team until the last minute which I'm not so sure on.... so would Carlton really give a shit if they find out at 10.20am or 6.20pm that Bailey Smith isn't playing?
I don't think it's the players themselves, it's the balance he wants to protect.
If we're playing a team off a 5 day break and deliberately go shorter to expose them for run, I can see why he'd want to keep that under wraps so the opposition go 'standard size' rather than in bring in an extra runner to counter that.

In most cases it probably makes little difference as teams are largely focussed on what they are doing themselves rather than just countering the opposition.

bornadog
24-03-2022, 03:39 PM
Might be the departure from FOX that stopped it.

These guys pay money to feed them leaks

Bulldog Joe
24-03-2022, 03:56 PM

That would require a leak.

Grantysghost
24-03-2022, 03:59 PM
That would require a leak.

I reckon it was Bevo - he's taken this us against them paradigm to new heights.

bornadog
24-03-2022, 05:37 PM
I reckon it was Bevo - he's taken this us against them paradigm to new heights.

As a side note: Tom worked for Ameet at Saints as a media/PR guy

azabob
27-03-2022, 09:18 AM
As a side note: Tom worked for Ameet at Saints as a media/PR guy

So Ameet is the leak?

bornadog
27-03-2022, 09:19 PM
So Ameet is the leak?

No way

HOSE B ROMERO
28-03-2022, 08:17 PM
Did anyone at last week's match find the noise over the PA way over the top? I sit on the ground level and it seemed to me to be much more ramped up compared to previous seasons. And some of the ground announcer's comments were so inane. Annoyed me more than the blue's supporters. And that's saying something.

GVGjr
28-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Did anyone at last week's match find the noise over the PA way over the top? I sit on the ground level and it seemed to me to be much more ramped up compared to previous seasons. And some of the ground announcer's comments were so inane. Annoyed me more than the blue's supporters. And that's saying something.

Yep, they've really got to have a rethink on the effects they're applying to the venue.

Grantysghost
28-03-2022, 09:13 PM

Yes absolutely over the top.

You couldn't talk to the person next to you.

soupman
29-03-2022, 12:53 AM
The AFL seems to think noise=atmosphere. They're wrong

1eyedog
29-03-2022, 10:21 AM

Marvel Stadium is a hell hole. I can't take my kids there anymore the rubbish they blast out of the P.A at max volume is unbearable.

Grantysghost
29-03-2022, 11:36 AM
Marvel Stadium is a hell hole. I can't take my kids there anymore the rubbish they blast out of the P.A at max volume is unbearable.

I reckon with the roof closed too it really amplifies it.

bornadog
29-03-2022, 11:55 AM

Lights are just as annoying.

Grantysghost
29-03-2022, 12:57 PM
Lights are just as annoying.

You didn't like the RW&B lighting? I thought it gave the ground more of a home ground feel.

The noise I totally totally agree with especially during breaks. I mean... GIVE US A BREAK! I don't need to see peoples Mullets.

The game is already incredibly high paced and exciting, we need some time to catch our breath during the breaks.

bornadog
29-03-2022, 05:20 PM
What happens this week if Naughton misses? Does Schache come in or do we go with a small forward line?

Do we stick Tim down there and bring in Stef?

Axe Man
29-03-2022, 05:31 PM
What happens this week if Naughton misses?

Panic

EasternWest
29-03-2022, 05:47 PM
What happens this week if Naughton misses? Does Schache come in or do we go with a small forward line?

Do we stick Tim down there and bring in Stef?

Daniel Bandy is in.

azabob
29-03-2022, 07:17 PM
Daniel Bandy is in.

Kingsley Hunter riding shotgun

josie
29-03-2022, 07:22 PM
Bring back Jarrad Grant aka the microphone

chef
29-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Go small. Shaq is done, stick a fork in him.

Scraggers
29-03-2022, 08:11 PM
Sad news.

Colin Alberti has passed away ... husband of Susan.

Grantysghost
29-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Panic

How is it Rd 3 and we have massive KP issues?

Plan much?

Grantysghost
29-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Bring back Jarrad Grant aka the microphone

Surely Tom Boyd is sick of public speaking?

Ghost Dog
31-03-2022, 01:16 PM
The Disneyfication of AFL.
I discovered this old post from a Melb uni academic last week. Had some fair points.
https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/the-disneyfication-of-the-afl

comrade
31-03-2022, 01:36 PM
The Disneyfication of AFL.
I discovered this old post from a Melb uni academic last week. Had some fair points.
https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/the-disneyfication-of-the-afl

Interesting, especially given the background of our President.

angelopetraglia
01-04-2022, 01:52 AM
Interesting, especially given the background of our President.

What is the truth these days? The perception. What shapes perception? Storytelling. It doesn't matter what game you are in, storytelling matters. Everything is basically a story. Humans unique ability to differentiate themselves from other species is basically the ability to share and believe in stories. The AFL is a good storytelling machine. Disney is one of the best storytelling machines on the planet It doesn't hurt us to have a storytelling expert as our leader.

(On another note. My first love is AFL. But I also care deeply for the world game. Football Australia is horrendous at the story telling business. The AFL is OK, it way ahead of any other code in the land. If you loose that battle, you don't have a commercial game anymore. The connection to grass roots is crucial. But the mass appeal is a non-negotiable.)

Ghost Dog
01-04-2022, 04:47 PM
What is the truth these days? The perception. What shapes perception? Storytelling. It doesn't matter what game you are in, storytelling matters. Everything is basically a story. Humans unique ability to differentiate themselves from other species is basically the ability to share and believe in stories. The AFL is a good storytelling machine. Disney is one of the best storytelling machines on the planet It doesn't hurt us to have a storytelling expert as our leader.

(On another note. My first love is AFL. But I also care deeply for the world game. Football Australia is horrendous at the story telling business. The AFL is OK, it way ahead of any other code in the land. If you loose that battle, you don't have a commercial game anymore. The connection to grass roots is crucial. But the mass appeal is a non-negotiable.)

One example of corporate mindlessness over practical considerations is the foray into China.
Anyone who had an understanding of Chinese culture would have seen that this was a bad idea from the start.
There's very little to be gained with promoting our football code in this country.
Money was spent energy was spent that could've been better put into the south Australian football league, for example, or VFL.

Meanwhile clubs are got sucked into coming across to China in the past when it was never gonna work. Money wasted.

When I was a kid we sometimes had AFL football players ( then VFL ) come to Melville Oval in Hamilton to do demo games.
I can't remember the last time this happened for a long time.

Since then Imps and Hamilton, two fiercely rival clubs when I was growing up, had to merge and numbers get lower all the time.

bornadog
01-04-2022, 04:49 PM
One example of corporate mindlessness over practical considerations is the foray into China.
Anyone who had an understanding of Chinese culture would have seen that this was a bad idea from the start.
There's very little to be gained with promoting our football code in this country.
Money was spent energy was spent that could've been better put into the south Australian football league, for example, or VFL.

Meanwhile clubs are got sucked into coming across to China in the past when it was never gonna work. Money wasted.

Totally agree

Grantysghost
01-04-2022, 05:06 PM

Well said AP.

comrade
02-04-2022, 10:15 AM

Totally agree, which is why it’s disappointing that many of us feel the club is failing to engage appropriately with its fan base. If anyone knows the value of engagement, providing a superior fan experience, generating a cult like following etc, it should be a Disney executive

Grantysghost
02-04-2022, 10:42 AM
Totally agree, which is why it’s disappointing that many of us feel the club is failing to engage appropriately with its fan base. If anyone knows the value of engagement, providing a superior fan experience, generating a cult like following etc, it should be a Disney executive

Update on player sponsors area. We have 1 young girl now doing all the seating work, no one has replaced Dale, there's 0 engagement on game day (previoulsy had Dale, Kevin Hillier or Danny Mcginlay MC and a player) and this week our wing seats were totally Swans!

Sometimes it's the little things.

There's been no communication for any of this.

Do they understand I'm trying to keep my better half engaged and happy here!! xD

Me writing my feedback email this week :

https://media.giphy.com/media/N57KpqDb0tlWE/giphy.gif

SquirrelGrip
02-04-2022, 07:50 PM
Update on player sponsors area. We have 1 young girl now doing all the seating work, no one has replaced Dale, there's 0 engagement on game day (previoulsy had Dale, Kevin Hillier or Danny Mcginlay MC and a player) and this week our wing seats were totally Swans!

Sometimes it's the little things.

There's been no communication for any of this.

Do they understand I'm trying to keep my better half engaged and happy here!! xD

Me writing my feedback email this week :

https://media.giphy.com/media/N57KpqDb0tlWE/giphy.gif

I went into Whitten Oval this week to grab some merchandise. The shop has completely closed for the next two years during the redevelopment according to reception. Michelle who manages the shop for years and was a godsend on many occasions has apparently left. There is a bunch of ASICS gear behind reception. A number on a jumper would take 2 business days (pre they’d do it straight away), and then reception told me they were decreasing the variety of stock and would pretty much only have the official ASICS gear available moving forward.

I know I can go online or buy at the game, but I didn’t enough time for it to be delivered in time plus it’s hard enough getting to a Thursday night game on time let alone having to walk around the stadium to get some gear.

GVGjr
02-04-2022, 08:11 PM
I went into Whitten Oval this week to grab some merchandise. The shop has completely closed for the next two years during the redevelopment according to reception. Michelle who manages the shop for years and was a godsend on many occasions has apparently left. There is a bunch of ASICS gear behind reception. A number on a jumper would take 2 business days (pre they’d do it straight away), and then reception told me they were decreasing the variety of stock and would pretty much only have the official ASICS gear available moving forward.

I know I can go online or buy at the game, but I didn’t enough time for it to be delivered in time plus it’s hard enough getting to a Thursday night game on time let alone having to walk around the stadium to get some gear.

I placed an order online a bit less than a couple of weeks before the start of the season, paid extra for the quicker delivery but what I ordered didn't arrive before the Melbourne game arriving a week later on the Thursday before the Carlton game.
I get resources are probably stretched but online ordering is straight forward now and we won't be winning people over with delays with the deliveries.

bornadog
02-04-2022, 10:10 PM

Surely they can get some portable buildings and make up a shop during renovations. Bloody weak

Twodogs
03-04-2022, 02:16 PM
I placed an order online a bit less than a couple of weeks before the start of the season, paid extra for the quicker delivery but what I ordered didn't arrive before the Melbourne game arriving a week later on the Thursday before the Carlton game.
I get resources are probably stretched but online ordering is straight forward now and we won't be winning people over with delays with the deliveries.

The club needs to get with the times. Online ordering and prompt delivery is just expected these days. It's a given that anything you order will be with you within the week. I ordered some comics from Britain a while ago and they were dropped off within a week, no special delivery or anything.

Prince Imperial
03-04-2022, 05:10 PM
Michelle who manages the shop for years and was a godsend on many occasions has apparently left.

Sad to hear. She was always pleasant and professional in all the dealings I had with her.

jeemak
04-04-2022, 08:55 AM

I've not attended many matches over the past four or so years due to being in Vietnam for a season and then COVID, but the games I did attend at Marvel last year were terrible from a visual and aural perspective - to the extent my auntie and I decided to exit the ground at half time because of the screaming over the PA (last year against WCE).

It might be that in my early forties I'm becoming an old fart who doesn't like not being able to have a simple conversation with those I attend the game with, it might also be that up and coming generations require that type of stimulus to enjoy the sport. I don't know.

However, it is mindless a lot of the time and one of the best things about attending the game live is actually the social element of it because you get to talk to people you may only see at the footy. It's a shame the latter is being taken away from fans.

bornadog
04-04-2022, 09:50 AM
I've not attended many matches over the past four or so years due to being in Vietnam for a season and then COVID, but the games I did attend at Marvel last year were terrible from a visual and aural perspective - to the extent my auntie and I decided to exit the ground at half time because of the screaming over the PA (last year against WCE).

It might be that in my early forties I'm becoming an old fart who doesn't like not being able to have a simple conversation with those I attend the game with, it might also be that up and coming generations require that type of stimulus to enjoy the sport. I don't know.

However, it is mindless a lot of the time and one of the best things about attending the game live is actually the social element of it because you get to talk to people you may only see at the footy. It's a shame the latter is being taken away from fans.

Last Thursday, the volume was down after several complaints from patrons, hopefully they realise the reason we go to live matches is to watch footy

Grantysghost
04-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Thursday, the volume was down after several complaints from patrons, hopefully they realise the reason we go to live matches is to watch footy
It was a lot better wasn’t it. Half time I could actually talk and be heard (it’s just no one was listening !)

Grantysghost
17-04-2022, 12:13 AM
I've found the official airline of the dogs!

Silkway west cargo at Tulla yesterday.

https://i.postimg.cc/LsGhdpvW/Screenshot-20220416-221544-Lite.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

MrMahatma
17-04-2022, 03:26 AM
I've found the official airline of the dogs!

Silkway west cargo at Tulla yesterday.

https://i.postimg.cc/LsGhdpvW/Screenshot-20220416-221544-Lite.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Colours? That’s it?

Grantysghost
17-04-2022, 09:31 AM
Colours? That’s it?

Ha yes - nice though right?

Twodogs
17-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Ha yes - nice though right?

O dunno about it being just the colours. We have more than a few silky skilled types

EasternWest
17-04-2022, 05:36 PM
O dunno about it being just the colours. We have more than a few silky skilled types

Except it's a cargo jet. It doesn't carry passengers.

Grantysghost
17-04-2022, 05:56 PM

You're not a fellow AV Geek are you EW?

It's a good marketing match up :

Silk Western Bulldogs. No passengers.

Twodogs
18-04-2022, 03:11 AM

We've carried a few.

EasternWest
18-04-2022, 08:57 AM
We've carried a few.

https://i.postimg.cc/Prf3NbQv/images-3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Twodogs
18-04-2022, 01:21 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Prf3NbQv/images-3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I got it.

Back in the late '70s and early '80s we carried more passengers than an airline. We should have gone into logistics.

jeemak
18-04-2022, 10:18 PM
I saw Bont at the shops this evening. Yes, I saw Bont at the shops this evening. I was within a metre of him.

bornadog
19-04-2022, 12:00 AM
I saw Bont at the shops this evening. Yes, I saw Bont at the shops this evening. I was within a metre of him.

Did you say hello?

jeemak
19-04-2022, 09:39 AM
Did you say hello?

No mate, I don't do that usually.

If I had the pooch with me I'd have asked him to take a photo with him for the family. Maybe......I tend to leave the footballers alone.

Mofra
19-04-2022, 09:49 AM
Fremantle - are they the North Melbourne of 2015/16? Surprise everyone and make a couple of prelims with a couple of older players still around before having to find a few more?

Mundy & Fyfe are playing well but can't have too long left.

bornadog
19-04-2022, 09:52 AM

If I had the pooch with me I'd have asked him to take a photo with him for the family. Maybe......I tend to leave the footballers alone.

Same here

GVGjr
19-04-2022, 09:52 AM

You got closer to him than the North defenders :)

Grantysghost
19-04-2022, 10:12 AM

I expect it went more like this :

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgriAMziQQumFji/giphy.gif

jeemak
19-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Fremantle - are they the North Melbourne of 2015/16? Surprise everyone and make a couple of prelims with a couple of older players still around before having to find a few more?

They look pretty good, don't they.

Get an organised defence playing them in Melbourne/ interstate and I reckon they struggle a bit more than they did on the weekend. From here though, the amount of games they have in WA makes them a great chance for finals.

Bulldog Joe
19-04-2022, 10:47 AM

Since Fyfe hasn't played does that mean they are doing better, or do you mean Walters?

They have plenty of talent without being reliant on an aging group like North were.

Against Essendon they were only marginally older (4 months) and more experienced (11 games), but Mundy would account for all of that difference.

Twodogs
19-04-2022, 11:13 AM

The pooch takes photos? Damn ( I resisted the urge to say doggone) that's a talented dog. I'd have introduced him to the Bont for sure.

Or did you want the Bont to take a photo of you and the pooch? If so I can see why you resisted the urge. That might have come off as a bit weird. And I can't see why the Bont's family would be interested in a photo of you and your dog.

jeemak
19-04-2022, 11:22 AM
The pooch takes photos? Damn ( I resisted the urge to say doggone) that's a talented dog. I'd have introduced him to the Bont for sure.

Or did you want the Bont to take a photo of you and the pooch? If so I can see why you resisted the urge. That might have come off as a bit weird. And I can't see why the Bont's family would be interested in a photo of you and your dog.

Very good!

Ghost Dog
19-04-2022, 04:11 PM

New dissent rule, any thoughts?
"Opening your arms is 50 mate"....
Rather than respect for umpires I think this runs the risk of making people hate umpires.
but with abuse of umpires a real issue, better than nothing.

Regional footy can get pretty bad.

bornadog
19-04-2022, 04:16 PM

Rather than respect for umpires I think this runs the risk of making people hate umpires.

Umpires deserve respect, but they have lost the plot here

Axe Man
19-04-2022, 04:17 PM

I get where they are coming from but I have rarely seen player abuse of umpires in regional footy. Say anything abusive to an umpire and at a minimum you will be having a spell on the bench and possibly a few weeks off as well. Most players aren't dumb enough to go there. The abuse of umpires comes from the crowd, no different to an AFL game.

Mofra
19-04-2022, 05:21 PM
Since Fyfe hasn't played does that mean they are doing better, or do you mean Walters?

They have plenty of talent without being reliant on an aging group like North were.

Against Essendon they were only marginally older (4 months) and more experienced (11 games), but Mundy would account for all of that difference.
My bad.

I thought Walters was cooked pre-season but looked ok from the brief glimpses I caught of their game.

Ghost Dog
19-04-2022, 05:25 PM

so it goes....

Axe Man
28-04-2022, 10:39 AM
Former Western Bulldogs doc Dr Richard Vucinic faces suspension for fraud convictions (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/melbourne-city/former-western-bulldogs-doc-dr-richard-vucinic-faces-suspension-for-fraud-convictions/news-story/0f15274a99f7394486941b10b353edba)

A former AFL doctor who illegally prescribed drugs to patients he claimed were outlaw bikies could be sidelined for longer after he was convicted of fraud.

Disgraced ex-Western Bulldogs medico Dr Richard Vucinic fronted the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on Wednesday to answer allegations of misconduct.

The tribunal heard Vucinic, 45, was convicted in 2019 after pleading guilty to theft and obtain property by deception charges.

The Medical Board of Australia submitted Dr Vucinic, who is suspended until December 2023, should cop a further 12 months on the sidelines.

Dr Vucinic, who requested an adjournment to seek legal representation, told the tribunal it was in “his best interest” not to “provide commentary” until he got a lawyer up.

“A lot of things I said in the past have been taken out of context and gotten me into more trouble,” Dr Vucinic said.

“I think that’s the best way to maintain what little integrity I have left.”

However, Dr Vucinic then spoke freely for much of the remainder of the hearing.

“This all started because it was alleged I was trafficking drugs,” he said.

“That case and the charges were dropped … I’ve made silly decisions and I take full responsibility.

“They were serious allegations, and I got plastered over the media being associated with bikies … this has ruined my life.

“Not a day goes past that I don’t take responsibility that I don’t put my hand up and accept the stupid decisions that I’ve made, you know scripts and repeat scripts that I shouldn’t have.

“I used to work for the Western Bulldogs, used to be a doctor for an AFL club, I’ve gone from the top to the tree to the bottom, I risked incarceration, and was living in the streets for four or five months, lost my relationship with my partner and access to my daughter.”

Sarah Keating, for the Board, asked for costs to be reserved if Wednesday’s hearing was adjourned.

Ms Keating estimated costs would come in at approximately $5000.

“It’s just one thing after the other,” Dr Vucinic said.

“Like today now with the costs, it’s like they’re saying ‘let’s fix him up more’.

“How am I gonna pay that $5000, I live off $600 a fortnight.

“I’ve been looking for a job, but when I go for a job people look at my resume and think I’m lying.

“I’ve got to lie now – because if I tell them I’ve gone through university, and got first class honours they think I’m crazy.”

The tribunal heard Dr Vucinic was suspended for three years in December 2020 after he prescribed Xanax and Valium in “excessive quantities” and “without clinical justification” to three patients between December 2013 and March 2014.

Dr Vucinic also proscribed testosterone to a patient and provided false and/or misleading evidence.

Dr Vucinic told the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, during the investigation, that a “couple of patients of mine” were “part of an outlaw motorcycle gang”.

“It has now almost been two years since my life was rocked to its very foundations after being set up by a couple of patients of mine who were part of an outlaw motorcycle gang,” Dr Vucinic told APHRA in February 2016.

“To this very day I continue to suffer from the aftermath of their crime …

“What has made things even worse was the enormous amount of media interest in this case which was the result of the police leaking my case to the media …”

The tribunal agreed to adjourn today’s proceeding after Dr Vucinic, who used to earn $300,00 a year but is now on the dole, assured he could afford a lawyer

“I can obtain access to my super due to severe financial distress … so I can get a payout of $10,000 every 12 months,” he said

The matter will return in June.

Grantysghost
02-05-2022, 05:41 PM
First they steal our song, now they steal our colours!

https://live-production.wcms.abc-cdn.net.au/436a67528112fd5b67a9da15976abbcb?impolicy=wcms_crop_resize&cropH=2413&cropW=4290&xPos=0&yPos=186&width=862&height=485

Grantysghost
09-05-2022, 01:38 PM
Anyone with more insight into the vflw explain this train wreck ?

https://i.postimg.cc/mrPSKM90/Screenshot-20220509-123545-Twitter.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

azabob
09-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Anyone with more insight into the vflw explain this train wreck ?

https://i.postimg.cc/mrPSKM90/Screenshot-20220509-123545-Twitter.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Don't worry, its only a development league... :rolleyes:

Daughter of the West
27-05-2022, 05:41 PM
Good to see First Dog still fighting the good fight with #18 on his demands list... ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/27/after-playing-a-critical-role-in-getting-prime-minister-albo-elected-i-have-a-list-of-demands

Grantysghost
10-06-2022, 10:31 AM
This ain't good. Third sex offender with links to us in 70s 80s.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-10/paedophile-john-coogan-infiltrated-footscray-bulldogs-1970s/101138872

bornadog
10-06-2022, 07:03 PM
This ain't good. Third sex offender with links to us in 70s 80s.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-10/paedophile-john-coogan-infiltrated-footscray-bulldogs-1970s/101138872

I don't believe this is on the club.

jeemak
10-06-2022, 09:01 PM
I don't believe this is on the club.

This is horrible information. So sorry for the victims.

I'm starting to become concerned, to be honest. Not saying the club is at fault (how would I know at this point), rather, I'm really concerned we've got an association with pedophiles and that there might have been a whole bunch of them using our club as a vehicle to molest children or facilitate the molestation of children.

bornadog
10-06-2022, 09:44 PM

I'm starting to become concerned, to be honest. Not saying the club is at fault (how would I know at this point), rather, I'm really concerned we've got an association with pedophiles and that there might have been a whole bunch of them using our club as a vehicle to molest children or facilitate the molestation of children.

absolutely horrible

Bulldog Joe
11-06-2022, 10:39 AM

Unfortunately a fact of life that those so inclined infiltrate organisations that get them access.

Footy clubs in general would have people volunteering for other motives in the same way as scouts and other such organisations.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-06-2022, 12:41 PM
Photos of Bailey Smith with a bag of white powder are being investigated by the club

Mofra
13-06-2022, 10:08 AM
Preuss and Briggs both played vFL this weekend. We have to be in Briggs' ear?

Jeanette54
21-06-2022, 03:08 PM
Hopefully we are educating our players about the perils of online media and associating themselves and (by default) their club with controversial postings. Nine msn carried a segment of their footy show, which included a list of player "likes" for one of De Goey's online media posts.

Sad to say (at least) one of these was a current Bulldog player. Now you would have to be extremely naïve to not know that this video subject is contentious and probably may bring Jordan's club into disrepute. Why or why would you want to associate yourself with it on a personal level, and why would you want the club (by extension) also involved?

I know I am an old dinosaur, and things have changed, and you may wish to support Jordan. If so message him privately or phone him. But don't make it obvious to all and sundry. You must know it probably doesn't reflect well on your club.

ps: there were a number of players from other clubs who also need to have a think about this issue.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 03:32 PM
Who was the player?

Mantis
21-06-2022, 04:15 PM
who was the player?

Jamarra.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 04:17 PM
Jamarra.

JUH that's ignant.

Happy Days
21-06-2022, 04:19 PM
To be fair I was a complete idiot at 19 too. I would’ve likely cancelled De Goey but more performatively than with actual intent.

Jeanette54
21-06-2022, 04:50 PM
Who was the player?

It's not important who the player was, its the principle of not getting your club involved (by association) with issues that they would prefer to distance themselves from. And no, it was not Jamarra. And I am not going to play twenty questions.

azabob
21-06-2022, 05:00 PM
Naughty jeemak.

Mantis
21-06-2022, 05:16 PM
It's not important who the player was, its the principle of not getting your club involved (by association) with issues that they would prefer to distance themselves from. And no, it was not Jamarra. And I am not going to play twenty questions.

I saw that Jamarra liked DeGoey's post on IG where he thanked his ''team'' and addressed the persecution of athletes by the media and assumed that this was what you're talking about... but it wasn't and now we are none the wiser.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 06:38 PM
I saw that Jamarra liked DeGoey's post on IG where he thanked his ''team'' and addressed the persecution of athletes by the media and assumed that this was what you're talking about... but it wasn't and now we are none the wiser.

There goes my good night's sleep.......

hujsh
21-06-2022, 07:41 PM

It's obviously not a secret if you saw it on the news so I don't get why you'd try to hide it.

That said I can't find the bloody clip and I already hate most footy media so I can't in good conscious look further into it.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 08:10 PM
Somebody tell me!

GVGjr
21-06-2022, 08:20 PM

I think I saw it on Footy Classified and yes Jamarra was one of the AFL players who clicked the like option.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 09:17 PM
Oh well this is just getting too confusing for me now.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 09:25 PM
Oh well this is just getting too confusing for me now.

All I know is it was and wasn't Jamarra.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 11:34 PM
Bambi say it ain't so...

https://i.postimg.cc/WphYxFrQ/Screenshot-20220621-222659-Instagram.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Dm3cXzxg)

EasternWest
21-06-2022, 11:54 PM
Bambi say it ain't so...

https://i.postimg.cc/WphYxFrQ/Screenshot-20220621-222659-Instagram.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Dm3cXzxg)

DeGoey is an idiot in general, and though he acted like a boofhead in Bali, he's hardly the first Australian to act like a boofhead in Bali.

In relation to the above post the question I ask is: is he wrong?

hujsh
22-06-2022, 12:03 AM
DeGoey is an idiot in general, and though he acted like a boofhead in Bali, he's hardly the first Australian to act like a boofhead in Bali.

I'd say he's too vague to be wrong. Is the scrutiny around athletes and their private lives silly? Yeah. Is scrutiny around him silly? Doesn't sound like it (TBH I don't keep track of his exploits, I know he did something bad in NY and he was in court on domestic abuse charges but didn't face jail time IIRC)

Grantysghost
22-06-2022, 12:09 AM

Whoever wrote that for him is not.

boydogs
22-06-2022, 12:19 AM
Mitch Wallis could be sticking up for Tom Boyd or Lachie Hunter by liking that

Scraggers
22-06-2022, 01:59 AM
Mitch Wallis could be sticking up for Tom Boyd or Lachie Hunter by liking that

Or the media persecution Bailey Smith received.

azabob
22-06-2022, 09:22 AM
Or the media persecution Bailey Smith received.

What media persecution has Bailey Smith received? The air went out of the story as soon as he admitted fault.

GVGjr
22-06-2022, 09:28 AM
What media persecution has Bailey Smith received? The air went out of the story as soon as he admitted fault.

I agree, if anything the Media has put a positive spin on his challenges.

Scraggers
22-06-2022, 09:56 AM

In the lead up to him admitting guilt, every media outlet in the country had Bailey on the front page. Even in non-AFL states … even on here. He had to come forward and admit guilt, he had no choice. He was guilty through media persecution. He’s a kid who did one stupid thing, like lots of other kids in Australia.

You’re dead wrong if you think the air has gone out of the story. It’s still there, he is still being dredged across media outlets.
If you don’t see that, I’m not sure where you are looking

soupman
22-06-2022, 10:37 AM
De Goey's post is a great point made by the wrong person.

No issues with players "liking" it.

Mofra
22-06-2022, 10:39 AM
I agree, if anything the Media has put a positive spin on his challenges.

He's certainly fared better then de Goey.

We get the Hun delivered to work and flicking through the pages you'd think he'd assaulted the Queen with the Mona Lisa and escaped in a stolen car driven by Harold Holt

azabob
22-06-2022, 10:46 AM
In the lead up to him admitting guilt, every media outlet in the country had Bailey on the front page. Even in non-AFL states … even on here. He had to come forward and admit guilt, he had no choice. He was guilty through media persecution. He’s a kid who did one stupid thing, like lots of other kids in Australia.

You’re dead wrong if you think the air has gone out of the story. It’s still there, he is still being dredged across media outlets.
If you don’t see that, I’m not sure where you are looking

He was guilty through his own actions and taking photographic evidence. If he didn't take the bloody photo the media wouldn't have anything to put on their front page!!

The reality is Bailey Smith has a high profile due to his own doing and brand. His social media presence is off the charts and he made a choice to be a brand ambassador for high profile brands such as Cotton On and Monster Energy.

Compared to DeGoey, Smith's treatment has been chalk and cheese.

If you can't see that, I'm not sure where you are looking...

Grantysghost
22-06-2022, 10:53 AM
De Goey's post is a great point made by the wrong person.

No issues with players "liking" it.
Exactly who cares if they like it. We’ve become so precious.

GVGjr
22-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Exactly who cares if they like it. We’ve become so precious.

I'd actually prefer that he stayed away from it but it's a non issue.

Grantysghost
22-06-2022, 11:29 AM
I'd actually prefer that he stayed away from it but it's a non issue.

A few players gave him some support.

Wallis, Jamarra, Weightman of the ones I follow.

Guess it highlights a fair undercurrent of discontent with players and the current state of AFL media.

Grantysghost
22-06-2022, 12:38 PM
He was guilty through his own actions and taking photographic evidence. If he didn't take the bloody photo the media wouldn't have anything to put on their front page!!

The reality is Bailey Smith has a high profile due to his own doing and brand. His social media presence is off the charts and he made a choice to be a brand ambassador for high profile brands such as Cotton On and Monster Energy.

Currently it appears the narrative they're building around Bailey is one of a likeable guy who has some mental health challenges that he owns. Including owning any bad behaviour that may stem from it.

With De Goey it seems that the opposite narrative is the one that sells. Boofhead bogan with tatts, plays for pies, gets into drunken brawls etc etc...

The truth always lies somewhere in between.

Scraggers
22-06-2022, 01:11 PM

He didn't take the photo, the photo was taken of him. In his state, I'm not sure he realised the photo/video was being taken. He was stupid to do what he did and not think he would get away with it ... there is no doubt. But the media played their part in this as much as they did DeGoey. Their treatment by the media has been all too similar

GVGjr
22-06-2022, 01:23 PM
He didn't take the photo, the photo was taken of him. In his state, I'm not sure he realised the photo/video was being taken. He was stupid to do what he did and not think he would get away with it ... there is no doubt. But the media played their part in this as much as they did DeGoey. Their treatment by the media has been all too similar

It's the age we live in, there are security camera's everywhere (car's, houses, traffic lights etc) recording the actions of others and people are going to extraordinary levels to record things on their phones in all sorts of places.
Whatever the police do at rally's etc gets recorded by people walking the streets.
It's often done to discredit others and while I don't necessarily like it you have to respect that its happening.
We are all being scrutinized and the media just has the capacity to get it out to a much wider audience.

Scraggers
22-06-2022, 01:43 PM
It's the age we live in, there are security camera's everywhere (car's, houses, traffic lights etc) recording the actions of others and people are going to extraordinary levels to record things on their phones in all sorts of places.
Whatever the police do at rally's etc gets recorded by people walking the streets.
It's often done to discredit others and while I don't necessarily like it you have to respect that its happening.
We are all being scrutinized and the media just has the capacity to get it out to a much wider audience.

100% G ... And he, better than anyone, should know this.

I just 'happened' to be in the Freo Markets a couple of days after the GF last year. A number of the team were walking around (this was after the night club incident with Melbourne). Whilst their was a couple of fans walking with Bont et al, the throng of girls walking with/behind/in front of Bailey was incredible. It was as if Justin Beiber was walking through.

EasternWest
22-06-2022, 02:09 PM

Bailey Smith? He didn't take the video of him snorting, but he was 100% staring down a camera when he was flashing the bag.

Doesn't mean he expected whoever was on the end to screen cap or whatever, but he put himself in that position and knew the risk.

Scraggers
22-06-2022, 02:13 PM
Bailey Smith? He didn't take the video of him snorting, but he was 100% staring down a camera when he was flashing the bag.

Doesn't mean he expected whoever was on the end to screen cap or whatever, but he put himself in that position and knew the risk.

Agree totally. I'm just glad (as you would be) mobile phones weren't around when I was a lad.

azabob
22-06-2022, 02:15 PM

We will have to agree to disagree.

I don't believe Bailey Smith has been persecuted by the media.

Tom Boyd was persecuted by the media, Jamarra Ugle Hagan and Jason Horne Francis are heading that way so it definitely does happen.

EasternWest
22-06-2022, 02:15 PM
Agree totally. I'm just glad (as you would be) mobile phones weren't around when I was a lad.

I don't think anyone would have bothered filming me shooting hoops and writing crap stories, because that's about as wild as my young years got.

bornadog
22-06-2022, 06:41 PM
I don't believe Bailey Smith has been persecuted by the media.

Yes on Social Media

azabob
22-06-2022, 09:00 PM
Yes on Social Media

I don’t understand what you mean.

jeemak
22-06-2022, 09:17 PM
I think the word persecuted is being used a bit too liberally here. It'll turn into a "not all men" definition of the word at this rate.

Grantysghost
22-06-2022, 09:58 PM

Even the cartoon was pretty supportive.

https://i.postimg.cc/7LVC5BPg/Screenshot-20220622-205615-Instagram.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Bulldog4life
23-06-2022, 10:42 AM
A few players gave him some support.

Wallis, Jamarra, Weightman of the ones I follow.

Guess it highlights a fair undercurrent of discontent with players and the current state of AFL media.

Talking about media. At Bevo's presser the journo from 3AW had her mic under Bevo's chin. Other mics were at his chest. Bevo even mentioned it to her but she continued shoving the mic into his face like she hadn't heard him. I was waiting for Bevo to blow up but he kept his cool.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2022, 10:48 AM
Currently it appears the narrative they're building around Bailey is one of a likeable guy who has some mental health challenges that he owns. Including owning any bad behaviour that may stem from it.

With De Goey it seems that the opposite narrative is the one that sells. Boofhead bogan with tatts, plays for pies, gets into drunken brawls etc etc...

The truth always lies somewhere in between.

It's De Goey's long rap sheet that is the difference. It has been going on for years.

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 11:49 AM
Talking about media. At Bevo's presser the journo from 3AW had her mic under Bevo's chin. Other mics were at his chest. Bevo even mentioned it to her but she continued shoving the mic into his face like she hadn't heard him. I was waiting for Bevo to blow up but he kept his cool.

That was classic!

https://i.postimg.cc/76ZXK5gZ/Screenshot-20220623-111638-Gallery.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Grantysghost
08-07-2022, 12:35 PM
I had to post this.

I know it's not footy related, but I just want to read Sedat's response.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/vtquj7/hugh_grant_tweeted_a_request_at_activists_who/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sedat
08-07-2022, 01:09 PM
I had to post this.

I know it's not footy related, but I just want to read Sedat's response.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/vtquj7/hugh_grant_tweeted_a_request_at_activists_who/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
You could use either the Benny Hill theme music or Curb Your Enthusiasm, both work just as effectively.

MrMahatma
16-07-2022, 11:47 AM
Not sure where to post this….

You know, some teams push the boundaries of the rules to get a win at all costs.
Some break the rules (cough… Essington…) and is it completely out of the question that someone would post a few used tissues to a player and spread COVID to another team?

Maybe even a crazed fan could do it? Or someone who is a mad punter and has $ on the outcome.
There’s sure to be more compromised matches this season.

jeemak
16-07-2022, 12:00 PM

You know, some teams push the boundaries of the rules to get a win at all costs.
Some break the rules (cough… Essington…) and is it completely out of the question that someone would post a few used tissues to a player and spread COVID to another team?

Maybe even a crazed fan could do it? Or someone who is a mad punter and has $ on the outcome.

I hope you're logging onto the internet/ posting via a VPN.

MrMahatma
16-07-2022, 03:13 PM
I hope you're logging onto the internet/ posting via a VPN.

At the Virgin Lounge just waiting for a few teams to pop in and go get autographs.

Twodogs
16-07-2022, 09:32 PM

I don't think that the virus would live the length of time it takes Australia Post to deliver a letter.

In all seriousness I think it's more likely that someone could slip something (cocaine or meth) in a players drink or coffee while they were out

1eyedog
16-07-2022, 09:40 PM

The 100% maddest post on WOOF yet

bornadog
16-07-2022, 10:32 PM

A fun post

EasternWest
16-07-2022, 10:52 PM

Madder than that, there's a dude who constantly goes on about a mythical contract status thread like it's a real thing even though there's no evidence of such a thing anywhere.

Total lunacy.

jeemak
17-07-2022, 01:01 AM

It's not like there hasn't been some solid competition over the years....

jeemak
17-07-2022, 01:02 AM
Madder than that, there's a dude who constantly goes on about a mythical contract status thread like it's a real thing even though there's no evidence of such a thing anywhere.

Total lunacy.

Dude, we're just supposed to keep him comfortable and balanced with a consistent message. This doesn't help.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 03:36 PM
This is an interesting short watch (not sure if the full thing is available somewhere) : Danny McGinlay and Toyd watching the 16 prelim.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfVDU2tjh3-/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 05:14 PM
Bulldog Facebook sites.
WOOF by comparison with current FB sites is supreme.
When accessing them I feel like recommending WOOF to them.
Maybe their moderators, if they have them, would block.
Methinks I will do a modest promo of WOOF with my android on FB.

azabob
23-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Bulldog Facebook sites.

Don’t bring the rabble to woof

HOSE B ROMERO
23-07-2022, 05:33 PM
Bulldog Facebook sites.

Agree. The loyal bulldog supporter one is fine but half a dozen others attract some pretty insecure individuals. I've thought of doing the same thing.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Don’t bring the rabble to woof

Yeah we are already here!

bornadog
24-07-2022, 06:29 AM
Collingwood mourning the death of club great Billy Picken (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-mourning-the-death-of-club-great-billy-picken-20220723-p5b3zt.html)

Only 66 years old. Condolences to Liam and his family

Twodogs
25-07-2022, 12:00 AM
Could this be popular WOOF poster EasternWest's brother or cousin?

https://cricketaddictor.com/cricket-news/glamorgan-batsman-sam-northeast-scores-410-in-a-county-game-becomes-11th-batsman-to-hit-quadruple-in-fc-cricket/

Sam Northeast of Glamorgan made the ninth-highest first-class score in history on Saturday against Leicestershire, scoring 410 not out.

EasternWest
25-07-2022, 01:14 AM
Could this be popular WOOF poster EasternWest's brother or cousin?

https://cricketaddictor.com/cricket-news/glamorgan-batsman-sam-northeast-scores-410-in-a-county-game-becomes-11th-batsman-to-hit-quadruple-in-fc-cricket/

Sam Northeast of Glamorgan made the ninth-highest first-class score in history on Saturday against Leicestershire, scoring 410 not out.

Popular. I knew you were into me.

Axe Man
25-07-2022, 04:34 PM

Total lunacy.

I demand satisfaction!

https://i.postimg.cc/pVpg38q8/duel-slap.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Mantis
25-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Maybe it was the hallucinations that come with tipping all sorts of toxins into my body to fight the 'rona, but was thinking the other day why is that key defenders play upwards of 95-100% TOG, but key forwards only play 80-90% of game time?

You would think each would do similar amounts of running so why is it that the forwards get a spell, but the defenders don't?

Vred
25-07-2022, 05:00 PM
Bulldog Facebook sites.

Please no, I like WOOF, I rate follower groups like this:

WOOF - High brow, smart, good convo, mostly all non-nufftie takes
BigFooty - Dirty, lotta content, lotta shit, lotta nufftie takes
Facebook WB Groups - the nufftie central with takes such as ''we should trade Naughton to WCE for NicNat'' and ''We signed Bont on too long of contract who knows what he'll be like in 5 years''

I like keeping them separate for a reason.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2022, 05:02 PM

Facebook WB Groups - the nufftie central with takes such as ''we should trade Naughton to WCE for NicNat'' and ''We signed Bont on too long of contract who knows what he'll be like in 5 years''

Good post. Love the word mostly.

Grantysghost
25-07-2022, 05:10 PM

Please expand on mostly.

Grantysghost
25-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Good post. Love the word mostly.

Beat me to it !

Vred
25-07-2022, 05:35 PM
Please expand on mostly.

I probably contribute to a good percentage of nufftie on here, but I do remember game-day threads when I frequented them. I've made it my mission to go to every Victorian game this year so I haven't seen one in a while ;)

Bulldog4life
25-07-2022, 05:56 PM
I probably contribute to a good percentage of nufftie on here, but I do remember game-day threads when I frequented them. I've made it my mission to go to every Victorian game this year so I haven't seen one in a while ;)

Ooh yeah. They can be brutal. I always read them after the game.

GVGjr
25-07-2022, 06:00 PM
Maybe it was the hallucinations that come with tipping all sorts of toxins into my body to fight the 'rona, but was thinking the other day why is that key defenders play upwards of 95-100% TOG, but key forwards only play 80-90% of game time?

You would think each would do similar amounts of running so why is it that the forwards get a spell, but the defenders don't?

I've talked to a few defenders and ex defenders over the years and it seems to be that the coaches and the players initially didn't really want them to abandon their post.
Morris mentioned that if you were playing on someone like Franklin and you weren't getting much of a chop out from team mates then you simply have to come off for a spell when he does. He also mentioned the defenders learned to run more efficient running patterns throughout games. One other point was that because of the cap on rotations the mids needed it more and if back lines started to tire coaches would often get the midfielders to push back and help out.
I think there is also a tendency late in quarters where the back men are switching play it's often not as taxing.
Hargrave mentioned something similar but also mentioned that back lines that tended to zone more needed less of a spell.

Not sure if any of that stacks up now.

bornadog
25-07-2022, 08:54 PM
The rule is what is said in the game day thread stays in the game day thread

EasternWest
25-07-2022, 09:32 PM

WOOF - mostly all non-nufftie takes.

I feel personally attacked.

Grantysghost
25-07-2022, 09:50 PM
I feel personally attacked.

Phew I thought it was me.

EasternWest
25-07-2022, 10:46 PM
Phew I thought it was me.

You should probably also feel personally attacked

Grantysghost
25-07-2022, 10:58 PM
You should probably also feel personally attacked

https://media.giphy.com/media/WRc6xL2Sd6F1Rkpf0c/giphy.gif

BornInDroopSt'54
25-07-2022, 11:05 PM
The club deserves better FB sites, they are feral self entitled twits.

Mofra
25-07-2022, 11:08 PM
I've talked to a few defenders and ex defenders over the years and it seems to be that the coaches and the players initially didn't really want them to abandon their post.
Morris mentioned that if you were playing on someone like Franklin and you weren't getting much of a chop out from team mates then you simply have to come off for a spell when he does. He also mentioned the defenders learned to run more efficient running patterns throughout games. One other point was that because of the cap on rotations the mids needed it more and if back lines started to tire coaches would often get the midfielders to push back and help out.
I think there is also a tendency late in quarters where the back men are switching play it's often not as taxing.
Hargrave mentioned something similar but also mentioned that back lines that tended to zone more needed less of a spell.

Not sure about this year, but in the past few years Schache/Cordy tended to have the highest km games when playing forward. Never when they were playing back.
Gardner regularly posts high 90s/100% TOG.

hujsh
25-07-2022, 11:45 PM

True. When attacking forwards and defenders need to lead with intensity but when defenders win the ball back and the forwards are applying defensive pressure it's normally not quite so demanding for the defenders.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 10:27 AM
The club deserves better FB sites, they are feral self entitled twits.

Didn't the club have their own bulldog forum a few years back. I never went on it as I am a loyal woofer ever since Coondog got me off BF. Not sure if it still going.

jeemak
26-07-2022, 10:33 AM
Not sure about this year, but in the past few years Schache/Cordy tended to have the highest km games when playing forward. Never when they were playing back.

The running is likely a massive reason why L. Young wasn't preferred over time.

Mantis
26-07-2022, 11:31 AM

The running is likely a massive reason why L. Young wasn't preferred over time.

Gardner ran 15km on Saturday night playing 100% game time. Lewie ran 14.5km for Carlton on Sunday and also played 100% game time.

Make of that what you want.

Anyway still think it's strange the differences in game time given the defenders often run more (maybe slightly lower intensity) than the forwards.

MrMahatma
26-07-2022, 11:42 AM
Gardner ran 15km on Saturday night playing 100% game time. Lewie ran 14.5km for Carlton on Sunday and also played 100% game time.

Anyway still think it's strange the differences in game time given the defenders often run more (maybe slightly lower intensity) than the forwards.

Gotta rest the legs for set shots?

jeemak
26-07-2022, 12:56 PM

It would be interesting to understand how fast they ran their respective KMs, and which game was more intense for defenders given we had a lot of time in our half on Saturday and Melbourne's large amount of scoring from centre clearances.

Lewis may have improved in that space. Or maybe just wasn't preferred for any other nominal reason of the journey.

Twodogs
26-07-2022, 02:49 PM
You know, this is probably worthy of a chat/thread of it's own.

Grantysghost
26-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Somebody took their Cat to the game on Saturday night.

https://i.postimg.cc/J7pX2jK3/IMG-20220726-171737-014.jpg (https://postimg.cc/XXyXZGRX)

josie
26-07-2022, 06:25 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/J7pX2jK3/IMG-20220726-171737-014.jpg (https://postimg.cc/XXyXZGRX)

Is it my imagination or does Mr Pussy look a tad like our very own pi**ed off PE Teacher?

Grantysghost
26-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Is it my imagination or does Mr Pussy look a tad like our very own pi**ed off PE Teacher?

Omg you're right!

I've just scoured the archives...how did I miss it first time around?

https://i.postimg.cc/9MJ4HHrq/keathcat.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

EasternWest
26-07-2022, 08:24 PM

Nailed it.

I understand that cat's feelings though.

WTF am I here? I'm a cat.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
26-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Bizarre

bornadog
26-07-2022, 11:00 PM

Melbourne supporter

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/5445003f5312b309a64374c8ccc8900a

Grantysghost
26-07-2022, 11:15 PM
Melbourne supporter

Haha I'm surprised Mr Whiskers didn't have his own charcuterie board.

jeemak
27-07-2022, 11:47 AM
The most offencive thing about that cheese borad is the twat putting avocado with its other elements. Otherwise fair play, it's better than any of the trash you get at the football.

Grantysghost
27-07-2022, 12:40 PM
The most offencive thing about that cheese borad is the twat putting avocado with its other elements. Otherwise fair play, it's better than any of the trash you get at the football.

That baguette does look good.

If you want to get Covid. Go to the Marvel food outlets.

Bulldog4life
27-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Nailed it.

I understand that cat's feelings though.

WTF am I here? I'm a cat.

Yeah I should be at next Saturday's match at Geelong.

chef
27-07-2022, 12:45 PM
Melbourne supporter

I wish you could buy those at the footy, looks good.

Axe Man
27-07-2022, 12:49 PM

If a pie and chips is setting you back around $15 that spread would cost you $100!

EasternWest
27-07-2022, 12:50 PM

Needs macaroons.

jeemak
27-07-2022, 12:57 PM

It would cost you $67.00 for the combination. Prices that'd make Leo from Leo's supermarkets blush.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Ricky Nixon used his footy skills on a reporter today with a well timed no look backward swipe a beauty for the camera.
I would give it 3 or 4 weeks. Sorry no Dog connection but you read it here first.

GVGjr
27-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Ricky Nixon used his footy skills on a reporter today with a well timed no look backward swipe a beauty for the camera.
I would give it 3 or 4 weeks. Sorry no Dog connection but you read it here first.

I've just seen the incident. I get that it's annoying to be confronted by the media when you leave the house but there is no way his response was appropriate.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
27-07-2022, 08:28 PM
I want to know what is in the infusions he’s supplying from his van

EasternWest
27-07-2022, 08:53 PM
I've just seen the incident. I get that it's annoying to be confronted by the media when you leave the house but there is no way his response was appropriate.

I'm torn as violence is never the answer, but it is Seb Costello.

Sedat
27-07-2022, 09:01 PM
I didn't recognise him without his Bonds jocks on.

Mofra
27-07-2022, 09:49 PM
I want to know what is in the infusions he’s supplying from his van
You'll never make an Essendon footballer

Bulldog Revolution
28-07-2022, 12:04 AM
I'm torn as violence is never the answer, but it is Seb Costello.

Yep - which means it’s play on, not a reportable incident

EasternWest
28-07-2022, 12:10 AM
Yep - which means it’s play on, not a reportable incident

I'm just glad I'm not the one that said it

Bulldog Revolution
28-07-2022, 10:12 AM

Im a merely reporting the match review panels judgment.

Anonymous MRP panelist: Under normal circumstances it would be high contact, and 1 week, but in the circumstances, because he's thrown the elbow at that a_hole, we understand, its high contact, insufficient force, accidental in nature, clear to play this week Chicken Nixon.

Bulldog4life
28-07-2022, 12:20 PM
Im a merely reporting the match review panels judgment.

Anonymous MRP panelist: Under normal circumstances it would be high contact, and 1 week, but in the circumstances, because he's thrown the elbow at that a_hole, we understand, its high contact, insufficient force, accidental in nature, clear to play this week Chicken Nixon.

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/ricky-nixon-lashes-out-a-current-affair-reporter-seb-costello-former-afl-player-agent-attack-melbourne/19f1a064-775b-48f2-b205-bcd94e056917

His business partner has now dropped him...oh chicken.

Mofra
28-07-2022, 03:17 PM
6 years for Brayshaw.
Really makes the Freo situation interesting. Do they up their offer for Logue now? Keep Acres?

Topdog
28-07-2022, 03:53 PM

I'm torn on it because they do not provide him any personal space at all.

They follow him and squeeze him between the 2 reporters giving him literally no where to go.

"reporters" like this get everything they deserve IMO and the last one where he pushes the female reporter out the way as she blocks his access to a door is laughable.

In the vision it looks like he hits out instantly which is Ricky being an idiot but I'm not going to pretend that these reporters are deserving of sympathy.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-07-2022, 11:08 PM

Haha 1 week for intent and history, low contact, won the review, no penalty from tribunal given provocation from Murdoch press.

jeemak
28-07-2022, 11:35 PM
I'm torn on it because they do not provide him any personal space at all.

They follow him and squeeze him between the 2 reporters giving him literally no where to go.

"reporters" like this get everything they deserve IMO and the last one where he pushes the female reporter out the way as she blocks his access to a door is laughable.

In the vision it looks like he hits out instantly which is Ricky being an idiot but I'm not going to pretend that these reporters are deserving of sympathy.

I guess it comes down to the implied contract you sign off when you decide you're going to be a publicity chaser and try and make a buck out of it, versus when you want to shut down that side of your life whilst having pot shots at everyone on social media due to your bogan profile.

Ricky Nixon can eat a massive dick and as far as I'm concerned he can be chased around by seagulls for the rest of his life.

azabob
29-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Gee Whiz... BAD you are travelling far and wide these days...

Clearly not on holiday chasing the sun; he is over in America and in charge of contract negotiations for the New Orlean Pelicans....

Zion Williamson's $193 million contract requires him to stay below 295 pounds

The New Orleans Pelicans want Zion Williamson around for a while, but only on one big condition.

The Pelicans star signed a five-year, $193 million max contract earlier this month that could be worth as much as $231 million. According to The Times-Picayune, the contract stipulates that Williamson must weigh in at below 295 pounds periodically throughout the deal. His body fat percentage will also be monitored.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamsons-193-million-contract-requires-him-to-stay-below-295-pounds-215538783.html

Axe Man
29-07-2022, 05:27 PM

Clearly not on holiday chasing the sun; he is over in America and in charge of contract negotiations for the New Orlean Pelicans....

The New Orleans Pelicans want Zion Williamson around for a while, but only on one big condition.

The Pelicans star signed a five-year, $193 million max contract earlier this month that could be worth as much as $231 million. According to The Times-Picayune, the contract stipulates that Williamson must weigh in at below 295 pounds periodically throughout the deal. His body fat percentage will also be monitored.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamsons-193-million-contract-requires-him-to-stay-below-295-pounds-215538783.html

To put that in context it's 134kgs, yet he is only 198cm tall (just barely enough for an AFL KPD in BAD's book) and he's a basketballer, not an NFL linebacker.

chef
29-07-2022, 06:02 PM
BADs lucky he's not a United supporter, they just signed a 175cm center back.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-07-2022, 09:33 PM
BADs lucky he's not a United supporter, they just signed a 175cm center back.

Hey that's my height. Very underrated height.

Grantysghost
29-07-2022, 10:27 PM
Hey that's my height. Very underrated height.

Under everything ;)

bornadog
30-07-2022, 02:02 AM

Sorry Aza, who are you talking about?

Happy Days
30-07-2022, 02:14 AM
https://youtu.be/dZqo4OZ0Pqs
Sorry Aza, who are you talking about?

Daughter of the West
05-08-2022, 08:10 PM
So the dreaded email came from my pup's school today, informing us that Book Week dress up is looming for another year.

I'm already fresh out of ideas, so I asked the pup what book he wanted to go as.

Pup ran to the bookshelf and came back with this:

Proud mumma moment right there! ;)

MrMahatma
05-08-2022, 08:30 PM
That’s awesome! You’re dominating parenting!

Mofra
05-08-2022, 08:42 PM
More Crows camp fallout. It makes for sad reading, Josh Jenkins' statement particularly.

FrediKanoute
05-08-2022, 09:12 PM
More Crows camp fallout. It makes for sad reading, Josh Jenkins' statement particularly.

Surely a workplace safety issue there......

GVGjr
05-08-2022, 09:13 PM

Really poor leadership that someone in authority didn't stop it.

azabob
05-08-2022, 09:29 PM
Surely a workplace safety issue there......

Apparently not. SA worksafe deemed no case to answer…

The Underdog
06-08-2022, 07:51 AM

I wonder how they’re enjoying their box at Adelaide Oval for Crows games

1eyedog
06-08-2022, 08:19 AM
Melbourne supporter

Spread looks good

Daughter of the West
06-08-2022, 10:52 AM

That is revolting. Imagine if it happened at Telstra’s head office instead?

In a weird way, it makes me think of some of the physical shit that gets dished out of the footy field that would be an assault offense off the field. “Happened in the name of sport? Rightio, nothing to see here then.”

Bulldog4life
06-08-2022, 04:33 PM
That is revolting. Imagine if it happened at Telstra’s head office instead?

In a weird way, it makes me think of some of the physical shit that gets dished out of the footy field that would be an assault offense off the field. “Happened in the name of sport? Rightio, nothing to see here then.”

It has happened. Leigh Matthews was charged by police when he broke Neville Bruns jaw in a cowardly punch from behind.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/matthews-charge-still-mystery-20130729-2quxt.html

Daughter of the West
06-08-2022, 04:47 PM
It has happened. Leigh Matthews was charged by police when he broke Neville Bruns jaw in a cowardly punch from behind.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/matthews-charge-still-mystery-20130729-2quxt.html

And it should happen more.

No mention of a charge in this one:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl-2022-lynden-dunn-broken-jaw-essendon-district-league-opponent-suspended-042836418.html

Former AFL player's [Lynden Dunn] jaw broken in sickening local footy incident

Twodogs
06-08-2022, 09:50 PM

Alan Killigrew was charged with assault for an incident on the player's race back in the '60s too wasn't he? And the player he hit happened to be a copper too from memory which made it worse.

Bulldog4life
07-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Alan Killigrew was charged with assault for an incident on the player's race back in the '60s too wasn't he? And the player he hit happened to be a copper too from memory which made it worse.

Without looking it up it was Geoff Rosen...something I think. Can't remember his last name.

jeemak
07-08-2022, 11:22 AM
Without looking it up it was Geoff Rosen...something I think. Can't remember his last name.

You definitely looked it up you old fart.

Bulldog4life
08-08-2022, 08:52 AM

No I didn't chubby.

Twodogs
08-08-2022, 08:22 PM

No I didn't chubby.

Get a room you two.

Geoff Rosenow?