PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Lachie Hunter 07

Hotdog60
02-04-2022, 10:06 AM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
02-04-2022, 10:07 AM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/294557.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)
Lachie Hunter is a versatile midfielder who can win the ball in close as well as on the spread. A neat left-foot kick who is comfortable up forward, the father-son selection was recruited to the Club with the Dogs’ third round pick in 2012 (49 overall). Hunter was a member of the Club's 2016 AFL Premiership team, playing in all 26 games across the season. Emerging as one of the competition's star wingmen, and an influential figure among the Bulldogs' midfield, Hunter won the Charles Sutton Medallist in 2018. He signed a five-year deal in March 2019, keeping him at VU Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2024.
LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/749/lachie-hunter)

GVGjr
02-04-2022, 10:45 AM
Hunter is a perplexing player but I can't quite rate him as elite and there might even be an argument that he is an average player.
His best is pretty damn good though and he is an important player for us.

bornadog
02-04-2022, 04:18 PM
I ranked him elite and at his best one of the best wingers in the AFL. If Lachie is playing well, we usually win. Very under rated by general AFL

Hotdog60
02-04-2022, 08:46 PM
I ranked Lachie above average and he can be a frustrating player to watch he can do all the right things and then undo them with his finishing. He is an elite runner and an important cog in the team.

Ghost Dog
02-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Similar to Bailey smith. Brilliance undone by sometimes doing too much / Lack of penetration.

Testekill
03-04-2022, 12:07 AM
I put down above average although on any given day he could be elite or average. Can be very frustrating at times when he plays as a high half forward since he's one of the last players that you want putting it inside 50.

boydogs
07-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Doing alright on the wing but always thought he was a better forward. Great mark for a smaller player and can bend the ball as well as anyone

1eyedog
07-04-2022, 01:37 PM
What criteria are we using to determine 'elite' in this assessment because Lachie Hunter gets an awful lot of the ball, is an eternally important and effective link up player in terms of our back to forward connections and is generally a good, if not penetrating field kick. He's also pretty tough and brave at the contest and is probably our smartest player. Also worth mentioning that he is our best celebrator and fantastic on ground leader.

It would be good if he could fix his kicking at goal but it also needs to be noted that he gives himself every opportunity to hit the scoreboard. I have him in the elite bracket but I guess I'm focusing on all his positives.

I do understand the frustrations though.

Hotdog60
07-04-2022, 06:07 PM
One would imagine elite would be not having a weakness and something you are poor at would still be above average for the average player.