PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 4, 2022 vs Richmond

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-04-2022, 02:02 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 4 match against Richmond. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Mutz
09-04-2022, 11:02 PM
The play of English in the centre ruck to Bont and back to English to goal is the best play by a ruckman I've seen for a long, long time. Pity there were so few other Doggie highlights to report.

josie
09-04-2022, 11:06 PM
Scott’s miss Q1- just got a feeling it was one of those nights……

Grantysghost
09-04-2022, 11:07 PM
When we traded in O'Brien.

He's like Schache but way way worse.

macca
09-04-2022, 11:17 PM
When we kicked 13 behinds

MrMahatma
09-04-2022, 11:41 PM
Bont’s misses in the 3rd. Showed we can’t do it. Captains need to kick them. Sorry to shoot bambie but that’s not good enough.

angelopetraglia
09-04-2022, 11:46 PM
They are 11.5. We can’t hit the side of a barn. Riewoldt goes back after the siren and kicks a mongrel torp that goes through.

Grantysghost
09-04-2022, 11:59 PM
Bont’s misses in the 3rd. Showed we can’t do it. Captains need to kick them. Sorry to shoot bambie but that’s not good enough.
It’s nothing new he is a terrible set shot made look average due to grading him on the curve.

He’s had some costly misses going back to that Crows elimination final.

We haven’t made top four for 11 seasons looks odds on it will be a 12th.

josie
10-04-2022, 12:17 AM
Bit harsh on O’Brien in his first game for us. I’m going to give him a few games before judging him. I thought he at least took a few marks tonight and his disposal was not that bad unless I missed some moments. Not that I’ll be watching replay.

bornadog
10-04-2022, 12:25 AM
Bit harsh on O’Brien in his first game for us. I’m going to give him a few games before judging him. I thought he at least took a few marks tonight and his disposal was not that bad unless I missed some moments. Not that I’ll be watching replay.

I agree Josie, he has to settle into our backline and work our system.

Grantysghost
10-04-2022, 12:31 AM
I agree Josie, he has to settle into our backline and work our system.
He was on Reiwoldt who did as he pleased pretty much.

It’s too early of course agree I should stop trying to be funny, he did ok I guess but he really didn’t look like a guy who has been in a good system for a while. Positioning was poor. Looks to me more like a forward.

EasternWest
10-04-2022, 12:59 AM
I should stop trying to be funny, for a while.

Don't you dare.

SonofScray
10-04-2022, 12:59 AM
Jack Riedwoldt’s torp was a dagger in the heart of a Club that is looking for ways to make a mess of ourselves.

josie
10-04-2022, 01:22 AM
He was on Reiwoldt who did as he pleased pretty much.

It’s too early of course agree I should stop trying to be funny, he did ok I guess but he really didn’t look like a guy who has been in a good system for a while. Positioning was poor. Looks to me more like a forward.

We could do with one of those, especially if he can kick straight. Try him forward. It would be a very Bevo move.

Vred
10-04-2022, 06:21 AM
The moment? The off season where we didn't address any of our list issues.
Oh, you mean tonight? When Louis Butler was named as a winger.
Oh you mean during the game? Yeah the 50 behinds we kicked.

AshMac
10-04-2022, 07:39 AM
Those two 50’s that resulted in goals stung. Still don’t know if the Williams one was because he moved back on the mark or crunched the player after the mark

Bumper Bulldogs
10-04-2022, 07:42 AM
The moment was those two fifty metre penalties, the first was crap the second just a mistake but we dropped our heads after that and they had the wind in the sails

merantau
10-04-2022, 08:12 AM
If I watched the replay I could pick out 50 moments. But for me the worst was Balta's shot at goal that went miles high out to the right point post and Riewolt was able to mark the ball on the boundary line with three Bulldogs defenders within reach of him. I think he then kicked a goal. I can't be bothered to watch the replay to confirm this. I think we gave up goals with the last kick of the quarter 3 times.

This was one of our worst performances in the last five years - only shaded by the loss to Hawthorn in Launceston last year.

GVGjr
10-04-2022, 09:30 AM
Those two 50’s that resulted in goals stung. Still don’t know if the Williams one was because he moved back on the mark or crunched the player after the mark

I watch the replay this morning, the umpire was yelling stand so it wasn't the bump.

bornadog
10-04-2022, 10:09 AM
I watch the replay this morning, the umpire was yelling stand so it wasn't the bump.

Worst rule change EVER

westbulldog
10-04-2022, 10:41 AM
The running goal by English was superb, the miss by Scott was pathetic.

bornadog
10-04-2022, 10:53 AM
The moment was those two fifty metre penalties, the first was crap the second just a mistake but we dropped our heads after that and they had the wind in the sails

I agree, this got them fired up and they also kicked the next one, so three unanswered goals

merantau
10-04-2022, 10:59 AM
The running goal by English was superb, the miss by Scott was pathetic.

100% agree

DOG GOD
10-04-2022, 11:01 AM
The moment. The qtr time siren. I knew we had blown petrol tickets, and once again 2.7 just sapped the players.

macca
10-04-2022, 10:30 PM
Worst rule change EVER

I really do not understand why they made this rule . Wasn’t originally you had to stand behind the mark ? The AFL have to taken the tackle the kicker option completely out of it when playing on is called

Make up a change for rule change excuse . It’s another example where AFL makes me fall out of love with the game