First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
19-06-2022, 11:54 PM
Bump

azabob
20-06-2022, 10:48 AM
Another tough game.

Like GWS, Hawthorn play an attacking style of play and are always in the game because of this.

Will be very interesting to see if we work on the defensive aspect at training this week to try and limit Hawthorns scoring power or if we go for another shootout.

Bulldog Joe
20-06-2022, 11:13 AM
I would like to have confidence, but Hawthorn has some good forward options. The sort of game we lose when we shouldn't.

We need the midfield on and our forwards to take their chances.

Looms as a shootout.

comrade
20-06-2022, 11:24 AM
I would like to have confidence, but Hawthorn has some good forward options. The sort of game we lose when we shouldn't.

We need the midfield on and our forwards to take their chances.

Looms as a shootout.

Going to need another big performance from Timmy. He’s quickly becoming our game changer. If he dominates, we’ll probably win. If he doesn’t, we’ll struggle. He’s that important now.

1eyedog
20-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Going to need another big performance from Timmy. He’s quickly becoming our game changer. If he dominates, we’ll probably win. If he doesn’t, we’ll struggle. He’s that important now.

Not sure he needs to dominate for us to win but I get your drift. He's closing the gap between his best and worst and even a solid game will go a long way to helping us win. An advantage for him is that Hawthorn ruck role has been pretty unsettled across the past 4 weeks they've been rolling a greenhorn in Reeves or one of their best forwards (Koschitzke) through there.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 09:59 AM
This game is listed as starting at 7pm??

Is that right or an error (afl site)

https://i.postimg.cc/fbRqW1Hp/Screenshot-20220621-085820-AFL.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Edit : I've checked two other sources and it says 7pm. That is very odd.

azabob
21-06-2022, 10:06 AM
This game is listed as starting at 7pm??

Is that right or an error (afl site)

https://i.postimg.cc/fbRqW1Hp/Screenshot-20220621-085820-AFL.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Edit : I've checked two other sources and it says 7pm. That is very odd.

Thanks for posting GG. Otherwise I would've missed the first half.

I think it is because it is a Friday double header with a game starting in Perth a couple of hours later.

bornadog
21-06-2022, 10:06 AM
Dogs by 23
first goal West
BOG Macrae

bornadog
21-06-2022, 10:08 AM
Thanks for posting GG. Otherwise I would've missed the first half.

I think it is because it is a Friday double header with a game starting in Perth a couple of hours later.

I may not make the game as I am returning from a conference and land at 6:10 . I didn’t hear anything about changing the time?

Bulldog4life
21-06-2022, 10:10 AM

Saw on the AFL news last night on Fox Footy that Tim is rated number one player in the game at the moment. Googled it but can't find it anywhere this morning. Hope I didn't mishear it. Did anyone else hear it?

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 10:13 AM
I may not make the game as I am returning from a conference and land at 6:10 . I didn’t hear anything about changing the time?

Azabob is spot on, there's another game in Perth starting at 8:40pm.
7pm is hard for people on a Friday coming from work etc.
Its probably going to catch a heap of people out.
The club really should send an email noting the unusual time.

Happy Days
21-06-2022, 10:22 AM
What’s the point of starting it at 7 if it still clashes with the other game anyway?

But more to the point - with the rolling fixture, how on earth did West Coast and Essendon get scheduled on a Friday night?

azabob
21-06-2022, 10:24 AM
What’s the point of starting it at 7 if it still clashes with the other game anyway?

But more to the point - with the rolling fixture, how on earth did West Coast and Essendon get scheduled on a Friday night?

Same could be asked about our game!

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 10:37 AM
Same could be asked about our game!

Dare say there will be more TV eyes on the West Coast one.

Axe Man
21-06-2022, 11:05 AM
I hadn't realised about the 7pm start either. Train normally gets into Southern Cross about 6:45pm if it's on time. Might have to leave work even earlier and get an earlier train.

This is why I'm not a big fan of the calls to bring forward the Friday night game time, but I do understand it's better for families, etc.

Happy Days
21-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Not gonna lie as someone who can as just about see Marvel from their office window this actually works for me. If anything wish it started earlier.

azabob
21-06-2022, 11:23 AM
Not gonna lie as someone who can as just about see Marvel from their office window this actually works for me. If anything wish it started earlier.

Always back self interest mate, always back self interest.

comrade
21-06-2022, 01:05 PM

Because Essendon fans are delusional idiots and there are plenty of them.

azabob
21-06-2022, 06:00 PM
Ameet Baines thinks the 7pm start will actually increase the crowd and suggests at 7.10pm start on Friday nights for 2023 onwards would be better than 7.50pm.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 07:02 PM
I could live with 7:20 but it's hard on a Friday night even then.

azabob
21-06-2022, 07:46 PM
I could live with 7:20 but it's hard on a Friday night even then.

I’ve never been a fan of going on a Friday night regardless of the time.

GVGjr
21-06-2022, 08:22 PM
I’ve never been a fan of going on a Friday night regardless of the time.

I love Friday or Saturday night games but they aren't for everyone.

G-Mo77
21-06-2022, 08:23 PM
I miss Saturday arvo games so much. I see we've got one final round so I'll definitely be going that week

Eastdog
21-06-2022, 08:27 PM
I miss Saturday arvo games so much. I see we've got one final round so I'll definitely be going that week

My number one timeslot preference would be Saturday afternoon.

Axe Man
22-06-2022, 12:45 PM

The final round won't be announced until the week before as they do every year (although we do know it's in Tassie). Rounds 21 & 22 are Saturday arvos which is what you meant I assume.

jeemak
22-06-2022, 05:16 PM
The final round won't be announced until the week before as they do every year (although we do know it's in Tassie). Rounds 21 & 22 are Saturday arvos which is what you meant I assume.

Reckon we'll get the Sunday afternoon game in Launceston, particularly if it looks like being a decider on who makes the eight.

Happy Days
22-06-2022, 07:58 PM
Hawks are debuting their second round MSD pick Some Guy, who is apparently a key defender and might play on Naughton.

Sounds like BBQ chicken to me but whatever it's their funeral I guess. Also this post is going to self destruct in 48 hours so don't even bother looking for it after the game.

EasternWest
22-06-2022, 09:02 PM
Hawks are debuting their second round MSD pick Some Guy, who is apparently a key defender and might play on Naughton.

Sounds like BBQ chicken to me but whatever it's their funeral I guess. Also this post is going to self destruct in 48 hours so don't even bother looking for it after the game.

Quoted for posterity.

jeemak
23-06-2022, 02:50 AM

You're still funny, if not a little dulled.

jeemak
23-06-2022, 02:57 AM
Free tickets to the Medallion Club is getting me to this week's game. First game since the NM bore fest of last year.*

It's the best place to watch football from in my view, and from my extensive experience (lol) of the MCG, Docklands, Whitten Oval, Victoria Park, Whatever that shithole Princess Park is now, Mars and Homebush.

Actually looking forward to it because it's quiet and you can hear the players talking about what they want to do but at the same time see how it pans out due to the height/ closeness.

*I don't remember why I put an asterisk on there.

azabob
23-06-2022, 07:36 AM
Actually looking forward to it because it's quiet and you can hear the players talking about what they want to do but at the same time see how it pans out due to the height/ closeness.

I often find it amusing when a stoppage occurs there are more players pointing and yelling than actually paying attention to the opposition.

I'm looking forward to this against the Dockers and Giants in a few weeks time. Will be interesting especially if our finals chances are shot.

Happy Days
23-06-2022, 10:52 AM
You're still funny, if not a little dulled.

I just got COVID (again) so I feel a little dulled my man. Like the sort of dulled you get by taking a baseball bat to the back of the head.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2022, 10:55 AM
I just got COVID (again) so I feel a little dulled my man. Like the sort of dulled you get by taking a baseball bat to the back of the head.

Hope you get over it quickly HD.

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 11:14 AM

Argh get well soon mate.

Eastdog
23-06-2022, 11:42 AM

I had COVID a few weeks ago. Went through our family. Luckily was during our bye Round 13. Wasn’t crazy bad just had a big sore throat for 2 days. Slight blocked nose. Get well soon HD.

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 11:57 AM
Hawthorn have a very small back line, is this something our key forwards in Naughton, Schache and Ugle-Hagan can take advantage of?

Axe Man
23-06-2022, 11:58 AM
Hawthorn have a very small back line, is this something our key forwards in Naughton, Schache and Ugle-Hagan can take advantage of?

That midget Sicily will be taken apart, just ask BAD. ;)

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 12:09 PM
That midget Sicily will be taken apart, just ask BAD. ;)

If he was available I'd imagine we would be keen to land him as that 3rd tall defender type. Very damaging player.

Happy Days
23-06-2022, 12:20 PM
If he was available I'd imagine we would be keen to land him as that 3rd tall defender type. Very damaging player.

He's been top 5 in the AFL for me this year. He's playing genuine key defence, stopping really dangerous players and hurting opposition teams as much as any other defender is. Everyone knows about his intercept marking but his ball use is fantastic too.

Shame he's such a jerk.

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 12:24 PM
He's been top 5 in the AFL for me this year. He's playing genuine key defence, stopping really dangerous players and hurting opposition teams as much as any other defender is. Everyone knows about his intercept marking but his ball use is fantastic too.

Shame he's such a jerk.

Could we learn to live with that? :)

EasternWest
23-06-2022, 12:45 PM

Shame he's such a jerk.

Is he really a jerk or does he just look like one?

He was a turd early doors but seems to have really knuckled down now.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2022, 01:27 PM
Is he really a jerk or does he just look like one?

He was a turd early doors but seems to have really knuckled down now.

Western Jets boy who played with Keilor. Not bad for pick 56.

soupman
23-06-2022, 01:52 PM

No chance he is available. He is their next captain and rated extremely highly.

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 01:53 PM
No chance he is available. He is their next captain and rated extremely highly.

Yeah, it was tongue in cheek observation.

MrMahatma
23-06-2022, 04:46 PM
Flown down from Vegas for this one (and Lions v Dees tonight). We better win.

Axe Man
24-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Hoping to head into the social club for the first time since 2019! Is it still in the same place? Looked through my stuff for the guest passes we normally are given but couldn't find them. Did others receive any?

azabob
24-06-2022, 09:49 AM
Hoping to head into the social club for the first time since 2019! Is it still in the same place? Looked through my stuff for the guest passes we normally are given but couldn't find them. Did others receive any?

I think the guest passes are digital also...

I haven't been to marvel since earlier this year, but it was a full on construction zone and nothing was how it was in 2021... let alone in 2019.

Be prepared for a sh*t show.

SquirrelGrip
24-06-2022, 11:45 AM
Margin: Dogs by 78
First goal: Naughton
Best on ground: Bont is back

Axe Man
24-06-2022, 12:13 PM
I think the guest passes are digital also...

I haven't been to marvel since earlier this year, but it was a full on construction zone and nothing was how it was in 2021... let alone in 2019.

Be prepared for a sh*t show.

Called the club - no guest passes this year due to capacity constraints.

Last time I went to Marvel was the Collingwood game and half the food and drink outlets were shut and the lines were horrendous during the breaks. Hoping it has improved but not holding my breath.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 12:18 PM
Called the club - no guest passes this year due to capacity constraints.

Last time I went to Marvel was the Collingwood game and half the food and drink outlets were shut and the lines were horrendous during the breaks. Hoping it has improved but not holding my breath.

Maybe better to take some food in from the outlets outside the ground

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Round 15 and I’m planning on going to my first game of the year.

Axe Man
24-06-2022, 12:28 PM
Maybe better to take some food in from the outlets outside the ground

Technically I don't think you are supposed to bring in commercial food?

Hopefully can get something in the Social Club.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 01:12 PM
Round 15 and I’m planning on going to my first game of the year.

Unlike you

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2022, 01:30 PM
I know he is young, but I want to see a bit from Jamarra tonight.

I'm patient, but he needs to remind us why he was so highly rated.

Dogs by 32
FG Jamarra
BOG Treloar

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Jamarra was better last week. Still didn’t get a ton of it but was impactful when he did. Tonight is a great chance to build on yhat.

Axe Man
24-06-2022, 01:42 PM

Dogs by 32
FG Jamarra
BOG Treloar

As good a chance as any tonight to get on the end of a few. Hawks play attacking footy, like GWS, which should create scoring opportunities for us (and them). They only have Sicily and a first gamer in Blanck as KPDs so JUH or Schache should end up with a smaller opponent.

Does Sicily take Naughton or do they throw Blanck to the wolves?

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Unlike you

True. Some family and work commitments got in the way earlier in the season, which combined with some abject laziness to the point where I’m just getting to a game now. At least from all reports it’s a relaxed and enjoyable experience to attend games at Marvel these days…

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 01:59 PM

Dogs by 32
FG Jamarra
BOG Treloar

Both Marra and Schache need to have good games and if so it will make for a dangerous forward line.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 03:12 PM
As good a chance as any tonight to get on the end of a few. Hawks play attacking footy, like GWS, which should create scoring opportunities for us (and them). They only have Sicily and a first gamer in Blanck as KPDs so JUH or Schache should end up with a smaller opponent.

Does Sicily take Naughton or do they throw Blanck to the wolves?

Hopefully we will stretch them tonight

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 03:23 PM
Surely Sicily plays on Naughton? He's been taking the best forward every week and been doing a fantastic job.

Would think that the other guy is in to play on one of the other talls because their other option is somehow still Kyle Hartigan, who I could have sworn died in 2015 and was buried on the right forward flank at the Footscray End by Jake Jakey Boy The Package Jakey Stringer.

Eastdog
24-06-2022, 05:30 PM
Margin: Dogs by 22 points
First goal: AstroNaught
Best on ground: Libba

Go_Dogs
24-06-2022, 07:12 PM
The joys of a having a 4 month old, and having recently moved house and being back and forth to Adelaide mean tonight is only the 4th game of ours I’ve made it to this year. Hope it’s a belter.

Dogs by 49
Bog Williams
First goal JUH

azabob
24-06-2022, 07:18 PM
McNeil is the sub.
No change.

azabob
24-06-2022, 07:18 PM
Very surprised Weightman has got up.

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 07:26 PM
Very surprised Weightman has got up.

He's a tough bugger but I was sure he would miss a week at least.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2022, 07:44 PM
Dogs by 32 points
First goal Dunkley
BOG Libba

Mantis
24-06-2022, 07:47 PM
At the game with my 6yo tonight for just first AFL game… might be a hell of an experience for him seeing his Dad lose his shit over and over again.

Wish the little man luck.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-06-2022, 07:53 PM
At the game with my 6yo tonight for just first AFL game… might be a hell of an experience for him seeing his Dad lose his shit over and over again.

Fingers crossed Mantis.
It's a thrill taking your child to their first game.
Hope you have a fantastic evening.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 07:57 PM

Enjoy yourself. He'll learn a lot.
My son's first game was v Saunts and he heard me call Milne a weasil and get angry at him. He was too young to understand.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 08:02 PM
Dogs by 25 points
First goal Macrae
BOG Bont.

azabob
24-06-2022, 08:07 PM
Any chance Keath can stick on Lewis?

azabob
24-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Have not been able to defend the transition from our F50 all year.

chef
24-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Well this is a bit shit.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 08:12 PM
A clinic atm.
They are controlling the ball.

DOG GOD
O’Brien on Moore? Is Bevo on the juice ?

whythelongface
Horrible start

FrediKanoute
Well his start has a lot of similarities.........

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 08:13 PM
Lewis looks like he’s going to continue the key forward avalanche on our backline

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 08:14 PM
Fast starting Bulldogs at it again.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 08:19 PM
Yep, it’s going to be one of those nights folks

FrediKanoute
24-06-2022, 08:20 PM
JUH.....wtf was that!

Nuggety Back Pocket
24-06-2022, 08:21 PM
O’Brien on Moore? Is Bevo on the juice ?

Our worst defender on their smartest small forward. Richards now on Moore, which should have happened at the start

1eyedog
24-06-2022, 08:27 PM
We're lucky they're no good.

chef
24-06-2022, 08:29 PM
Season on the line and we are serving up this.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 08:30 PM
Oh FFS. It seems like every *!*!*!*!ing week we're asleep to start games.

DOG GOD
They are running harder, tackling harder and moving the ball quicker. This could be over at half time if we aren’t careful…20 inside 50’s to them is an absolute farce.

DOG GOD
We can’t lay a tackle, and can’t break a tackle

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 08:33 PM
Can’t win centre clearances, 2nd to the ball, poor tackling, defence a shambles. Great signs.

azabob
Extremely disappointing start.

Not much else to say.

Mantis
Bailey Dale in great touch… either millionaire kicks or crappy defending. Needs a rocket.

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 08:34 PM
When Keath and Gardner have 7 touches each to qtr time you know our mids are losing the battle.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2022, 08:35 PM
Poor effort and comprehensively out coached.

They've set up well, are taking our handball space and we are out of ideas.

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 08:36 PM
Bailey Dale in great touch… either millionaire kicks or crappy defending. Needs a rocket.

Love his offensive work but his one on one stuff leaves a lot to be desired

The Underdog
We can’t lay a tackle, and can’t break a tackle

We tackle fine when the footy is happening on our terms, the problem is we’re absolutely exposed outside the contest and on turnover and it’s pretty hard to tackle what you can’t catch.

Bumper Bulldogs
The boys need a Bevo rocket to wake them up. Hawthorn are not this hood of a team.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 08:37 PM
Well his start has a lot of similarities.........
To last night's game I am hoping.

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 08:37 PM
Ed Richards is the best one on one defender on our list.

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 08:38 PM
When Keath and Gardner have 7 touches each to qtr time you know our mids are losing the battle.

Be pretty happy if Gardy never kicked the footy again.

Grantysghost
24-06-2022, 08:38 PM
-11 inside 50
-15 contested.

Terrible qtr.

macca
24-06-2022, 08:39 PM
Poor effort and comprehensively out coached.

They've set up well, are taking our handball space and we are out of ideas.

this is becoming a common theme against hawks.

2 goals on the rebound, same familiar story. Crap delivery into fwd line, no crumbers and keeping pressure fwd.

kruder
24-06-2022, 08:40 PM
Our mids seriously.....

1eyedog
24-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Cooked

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 08:43 PM
The boys need a Bevo rocket to wake them up. Hawthorn are not this hood of a team.

Haha. What kind of rocket would that be? He's to soft on these guys. This midfield is a rolls royce performing like a beat up Datsun.

Flamethrower
24-06-2022, 08:43 PM
Hawthorn are our daddy. Hope we remember to send them a Father's Day card.

KT31
24-06-2022, 08:44 PM
Anyone in the So-called club at 1/2 time, first game live in years and need a beer.

FrediKanoute
24-06-2022, 08:44 PM
A half fit Cody shouldn't be out there. Where's Wally?

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 08:45 PM
When it's starts to click for us we can close this gap. We are giving them a hell of a start though.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2022, 08:50 PM
Libba huge quarter so far.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 08:51 PM
Libba bog

Testekill
24-06-2022, 08:54 PM
Can't rely on Keath for next year, he's been declining rapidly this season. We need to recruit at least two mature key defenders.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 08:54 PM
Finally moved that bum up forward.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Well done backline. Rushed it.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 08:58 PM
Working much harder..it’s not rocket science

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 08:59 PM
Exciting movement finished off brilliantly by Bont.

FrediKanoute
24-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Well that's better......West seems to have had a good game

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 09:09 PM
I don’t get why we start so slow. Can’t we just play 4 qtrs for once. I can’t take this.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 09:09 PM
Much better quarter, really need to put them away in the 3rd.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 09:10 PM
Really good 2nd quarter. Better ball movement..quicker, and Bont, dunks, and Treloar more into the game. Macrae and Libba sensational.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 09:10 PM
I didn’t forget you guys calling Libba washed.

dog town
24-06-2022, 09:11 PM
First quarter -15 contested ball, second qtr + 12. Almost identical to every game we have started poorly this year.

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 09:11 PM
Liking Scott’s game tonight. Thought Crozier has been ok as well (bar one poor kick). Gardner has also been good

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2022, 09:12 PM
Better quarter with much better intent. Libba got us going and JJ was important too.

Keath worries me - he looks old and he can't win contests. He's also developed this annoying trait where he 'fumbles' and waits to be tackled to drop to the ground. I wouldn't be counting on him next year which makes our KPD situation even more diabolical.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2022, 09:13 PM
Shame Richards is out now.

Like yo see both JUH and Bont get busy in the third.

jazzadogs
24-06-2022, 09:15 PM
West has turned himself from fringe to best 22 lock in a month. He and Libba were massive that quarter!

EasternWest
24-06-2022, 09:15 PM

Not washed. Still old but.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 09:16 PM
Better quarter with much better intent. Libba got us going and JJ was important too.

Keath worries me - he looks old and he can't win contests. He's also developed this annoying trait where he 'fumbles' and waits to be tackled to drop to the ground. I wouldn't be counting on him next year which makes our KPD situation even more diabolical.

Agree. It’s becoming more obvious..whether it’s confidence or his body just doesn’t allow it, but it’s not good signs, and if Gardner, Cordy and O’Brien were our KPD next year, I’ll be in an asylum.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 09:16 PM

Name names HD. Call that out

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 09:17 PM
To last night's game I am hoping.
Like the last night's game, a half of two halves.
Hopefully the first quarter was Hawk's last quarter of winning.

merantau
Libba and Jacko are such inspirational players. They have really shown the way in that half.

Surely we must go on to win this game now. We have to - it's that simple.

DOG GOD
West has turned himself from fringe to best 22 lock in a month. He and Libba were massive that quarter!

Absolutely. Playing his role brilliantly. Love watching him go about his business. You can see the confidence building each week. Let’s hope Bevo sees what we see.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 09:19 PM

I would but I don’t check post histories so can’t confirm.

chef
Much better quarter, more of that please.

West just looks like he belongs now. How nice is that.

EasternWest

He can't. Because he's a self confessed "not a narc".

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 09:21 PM
Absolutely. Playing his role brilliantly. Love watching him go about his business. You can see the confidence building each week. Let’s hope Bevo sees what we see.

Reckon he does hence his continuing selection. Definitely one of the positives from this topsy turvy season

josie
24-06-2022, 09:22 PM
Shame Richards is out now.

Like yo see both JUH and Bont get busy in the third.

What is injury to Richards?

Testekill
24-06-2022, 09:23 PM

Concussion, he ate a knee in the first quarter.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
I was about to puke early by the early stages of the second quarter.
Some good work by coaches and our players to change our approach and dry up the quick ball out of our forward line.
Libba, Bont, JJ, West and Naughts efforts to impact the game was enormous.
Have to go on now and make sure we're ready for what the Hawks show us tactically in the 3rd.
Mitchell is astute and he'll try and change things up to find away to get tactical ascendency again. We've got to be totally switched on from first bounce of the 3rd.

Bumper Bulldogs

I recon concussion after the knee to the head

whythelongface
Need more Schache and Jamarra this half.

josie
Concussion, he ate a knee in the first quarter.

Oh bum. Hope he is ok. Thx for update.

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 09:25 PM
Lets see if Mitchell can regroup the side after half time of if Bevo is able to keep the side playing with that sort of intensity

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2022, 09:26 PM
Well it’s up to us now. We are on top. Should win and keep the final 8 in sight.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-06-2022, 09:27 PM
So good to see the best of JJ tonight. When he plays like this, you remember what he was capable of way back in 2016. That was as impactful as a quarter of football I've seen from him for a while. I hope he maintains it.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 09:27 PM
Whats up with Treloar?

Too much for Fox Footy to mention it at all at half time.

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Scott gone deep into defence onto Moore covering the loss of Ed

EasternWest
24-06-2022, 09:31 PM
Actually speaking of being wrong, I am happy to see things seem to be clicking for West.

kruder
24-06-2022, 09:38 PM
Loving what JJ and Westy bring to the forward line

EasternWest
24-06-2022, 09:40 PM
JJ!!

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 09:41 PM
Those goals we don't normally kick. Great goal JJ.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 09:43 PM
Geez West is playing well.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 09:44 PM
So good Schache.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 09:47 PM
Man there is nothing quite like getting a completely bullshit free dead in front.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 09:50 PM
Man there is nothing quite like getting a completely bullshit free dead in front.

Haha. Schache should have had that free.

hujsh
I really want to make sure that Libba chase gets called out. Great effort

Grantysghost
The Hawks are Schacks bunnies.

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 09:51 PM
Anyone still questioning what Scott brings to the side?

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 09:52 PM
We look GOOD.

Just gotta work how to get our game going without getting punched in the mouth first.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 09:53 PM
Sicily is still a dickhead.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Why does Gardner feel he can kick on his left ?

bornadog
24-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Too short then

The Underdog
24-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Why does Gardner feel he can kick on his left ?

Cordy’s left or Gardner’s left? You can only choose one, to hit a target…and save your life.

hujsh
24-06-2022, 09:58 PM
Hawks have had chances to keep themselves in it. Bad kicking from them is flattering us a bit

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 09:59 PM
Cordy’s left or Gardner’s left? You can only choose one, to hit a target…and save your life.

With will in hand, I’d go Cordy ;)

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:00 PM
Pretty harsh on Gards, he’s been awesome and has blanketed Chud Lewis since getting moved onto him.

Maybe Crozier isn’t done? With Duryea out and Ed concussed that’d be right on time.

G-Mo77
You've got 2 teams with 2 veteran leaders. We have Libba who is a Bullgod. They have Sicily who is a *!*!*!*!ing clown.

Bumper Bulldogs
The moment that changed the gene was JJ’s mark them goal in the third. Welcome back JJ great game.

divvydan
24-06-2022, 10:01 PM
I know it's not his preferred role but so happy to see West has found a way to influence games in this role.

whythelongface
Good quarter by both Marra and Schache.

DOG GOD
We are running well, and our mids are coming into their own. Macrae and Libba continue to be top shelf while West is gaining a lot of fans. Good quarter from Schache too. Weightman shouldn’t be playing. Doesn’t even lift his bad arm. How he was able to play is beyond me.

hujsh
24-06-2022, 10:02 PM
Pretty harsh on Gards, he’s been awesome and has blanketed Chud Lewis since getting moved onto him.

Maybe Crozier isn’t done? With Duryea out and Ed concussed that’d be right on time.

It was his kick that set up our only first quarter goal

Happy Days
I know it's not his preferred role but so happy to see West has found a way to influence games in this role.

There’s a certain pig faced little dickhead who got moved forward from the middle at GWS who doesn’t not not remind me of Rhylee.

whythelongface

Good calls. Both have been more than solid tonight. Best game Croz has played for a while.

Nuggety Back Pocket
Big lift in our attack tonight with fine games by West Schache and JJ, to take the pressure off Naughton for about the first time this year

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 10:03 PM
I really hope we finish this game off strongly.

josie

Agree Divvy. He is a little ripper. Like Libba plays like his life depends upon it. Also really doing good team things too - some of his passing like wow. And his tackling. So good to see Schache with a bit of mongrel too. Just need Marra to kick a few now.

Grantysghost
You've got 2 teams with 2 veteran leaders. We have Libba who is a Bullgod. They have Sicily who is a *!*!*!*!ing clown.

How dare you, good Melton boy.

merantau
24-06-2022, 10:04 PM
I have been very happy with J.J. West, Schache Sweet and JUH. They are all contributing.

I would love to see us keep the foot down. Let's do it Dogs.

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 10:04 PM
There’s a certain pig faced little dickhead who got moved forward from the middle at GWS who doesn’t not not remind me of Rhylee.

Good comparison. If he is half the player I think you mean then West will be great

Grantysghost
24-06-2022, 10:05 PM

I think Griff deserves more respect.

Plus he looks more like a weasel.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Hodge is a *!*!*!*!wit. Sicily is meant to be captain, not some one you would expect to lose his temper

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 10:07 PM
We have the best percentage outside the eight.
As I speak Scache tackle!

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Rough one there for the “try Scott as a defender” crowd

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 10:18 PM
Hawks 2 goals were with Schache in the centre ruck. Sweet goes back, centre clearance and goal.

FrediKanoute
24-06-2022, 10:20 PM
If there is a concern re this match its that Gardy has been killed by Lewis...lucky he hasn't kicked that straight

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 10:20 PM
And our KPD continue to struggle against the big fwd

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:23 PM
And our KPD continue to struggle against the big fwd

Hawthorn have kicked 8 goals.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 10:25 PM
Outscored for the quarter so far. Disappointing.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 10:26 PM
Hawthorn have kicked 8 goals.

And the big fwd has kicked 4. Dont understand your point. I said once again we struggle against a key fwd

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 10:27 PM
Geez we continue to do some dumb stuff in defence.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2022, 10:27 PM
That’s Kros right their. Time to go I’ll play Jj back rather than Krozier

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 10:28 PM
Outscored for the quarter so far. Disappointing.

I'm more disappointed about thw 1st again. What's happening now really doesn't make me.worried.

EasternWest
24-06-2022, 10:28 PM

Rough one there for the "maybe Crozier isn't done" crowd.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:29 PM
And the big fwd has kicked 4. Dont understand your point. I said once again we struggle against a key fwd

It’s been a pretty good effort from the back 6, especially in the first quarter when the ball was in their forward 50 all quarter and that big forward kicked 2 of those goals. Lewis didnt’t get near it again until junk time.

Gards has done well, especially since Keath was on him to start the game.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:30 PM
Rough one there for the "maybe Crozier isn't done" crowd.

You hate to see it.

EasternWest
24-06-2022, 10:31 PM
You hate to see it.

I like Croz, so I really do.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2022, 10:32 PM
A we are blowing our percentage. Topical bulldog game

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 10:32 PM
My call of 29 pt's win is dangerously likely.

hujsh
24-06-2022, 10:37 PM
A we are blowing our percentage. Topical bulldog game

While it's frustrating to give up late goals it's not worth getting upset over. We have the best % of anyone outside the 4 already. We just need to win the games

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Sicily is embarrassing.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 10:39 PM
Go Dogs!

macca
24-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Sicily tries to bump Bont , and he puts him on his backside.
What a thug Sicily

hujsh
Have noticed recently Jararra seems to know how to work through traffic. A very nice trait to have in a key forward (shares it with Naughton too)

BornInDroopSt'54
Look out competition!

BornInDroopSt'54
24-06-2022, 10:42 PM
Have noticed recently Jararra seems to know how to work through traffic. A very nice trait to have in a key forward (shares it with Naughton too)
Naughton has Charlie Sutton's spirit at the contest.
I would hate to have a boxing contest with him, I would be hoping on his mercy.

kruder
24-06-2022, 10:43 PM
Is Sweet a better centre bounce ruckman than English?

Grantysghost
24-06-2022, 10:44 PM
Just for those travelling home on the west gate the two rightanes are closed to start then as you cross the four left lanes are closed near Williamstown Rd.

Great idea roadworks before the footy ends.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 10:45 PM
West's best game, well done

bornadog
24-06-2022, 10:47 PM
Weightman and McNeil, ONE touch

azabob
24-06-2022, 10:49 PM
Is Sweet a better centre bounce ruckman than English?

Yes, by far.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 10:49 PM

Who cares really? Weightman got through, like most small forwards they're up and down, he'll be fine.

azabob
24-06-2022, 10:50 PM

Of course Weightman only got one touch. It was predictable during the week he wouldn’t touch it if he played.

Happy Days
24-06-2022, 10:50 PM

Weightman clearly wasn’t right, respect him immensely for even being out there.

Interesting for you to find a negative in a performance like that BAD!

bornadog
24-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Interesting for you to find a negative in a performance like that BAD!

No not at all. I just find those stats pretty poor from two small forwards.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 10:54 PM
Who cares really? Weightman got through, like most small forwards they're up and down, he'll be fine.Personally I think it is pathetic

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 10:55 PM
Apart from the 1st where I was absolutely fuming the last 3 quarters were pretty darn good. I still felt they had some easy scoring opportunities and missed some sitters which does worry me a little.

Libba again, what a player!!

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 10:56 PM
Personally I think it is pathetic

Pathetic going out there one week after a dislocated elbow? Ok?

bornadog
24-06-2022, 10:58 PM
Pathetic going out there one week after a dislocated elbow? Ok?

He was out there, no excuses

kruder
24-06-2022, 10:59 PM
O'Brien still a big concern of mine, got out muscled by Butler numerous times needs to do more.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 11:00 PM
He was out there, no excuses

Ok. Lol

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Won easily but still have grave concerns on our backline and severe inability to defend.

Libba was immense, thought Schache and Marra had good second halves, Dunks solid as a rock, Naughty always dangerous. West continues his resurgence.

I'd rather we never play Crozier again and I just don't see it with McNeil or McComb - there has to be better options.

Hotdog60
24-06-2022, 11:06 PM
For a player with so much hype Treloar worries me he has the intensity of a beached fish.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 11:06 PM
I’m with BAD. Weightman shouldn’t have played. End of story.
Yes he threw himself around and chased etc, but couldn’t lift his arm above his head so was literally playing with one arm. I’m not sure how the MC allowed him to play. Just my opinion ofcourse. McNeil just completely disappeared. Hardly even sighted on the TV.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 11:07 PM
Won easily but still have grave concerns on our backline and severe inability to defend.

Libba was immense, thought Schache and Marra had good second halves, Dunks solid as a rock, Naughty always dangerous. West continues his resurgence.

I'd rather we never play Crozier again and I just don't see it with McNeil or McComb - there has to be better options.

Agree 100%

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 11:07 PM
I’m with BAD. Weightman shouldn’t have played. End of story.
Yes he threw himself around and chased etc, but couldn’t lift his arm above his head so was literally playing with one arm. I’m not sure how the MC allowed him to play. Just my opinion ofcourse. McNeil just completely disappeared. Hardly even sighted on the TV.

Probably not, calling him pathetic a bit much. No?

Nuggety Back Pocket
24-06-2022, 11:08 PM

Sicily is a poor choice as Captain with his temper tantrums.

G-Mo77
24-06-2022, 11:10 PM

Definitely, even though we kicked, what was it 12 straight, they missed some sitters in that time.

whythelongface
24-06-2022, 11:12 PM

Harsh on Crozier. Apart from the obvious brain fade thought he was good tonight. Will keep his spot.

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 11:12 PM
Probably not, calling him pathetic a bit much. No?

I wouldn’t use that word specifically. I’d just say it was unlike Weightman and not what we would want from a small fwd.

Nuggety Back Pocket
24-06-2022, 11:14 PM
Of course Weightman only got one touch. It was predictable during the week he wouldn’t touch it if he played.

A foolish decision to play him. Does little for his confidence. We were fortunate that West Schache and Jamarra all played well tonight

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2022, 11:17 PM
Harsh on Crozier. Apart from the obvious brain fade thought he was good tonight. Will keep his spot.

I watched him closely and I thought he was ordinary. Flys high but doesn't impact the contest, poor decision maker. Duryea and Richards both injured hurts given we're also playing Williams up the ground, but Hayden is more of what we have - defenders who can't defend. But he also provides zero drive.

macca
24-06-2022, 11:18 PM
I am more concerned about playing injured players. Hope Cody is ok after the game and can recover

bornadog
24-06-2022, 11:28 PM
Most games in 2022 with 3+ goals

8 - AARON NAUGHTON
8 - MITCHELL LEWIS
7 - Jeremy Cameron
7 - Tyson Stengle
7 - Charlie Curnow
7 - Bayley Fritsch
7 - Tom Hawkins

Grantysghost
24-06-2022, 11:29 PM
Weightman had 14 pressure acts same as West.

Grantysghost
24-06-2022, 11:41 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/hPtxZPwG/IMG-20220624-223922-520.jpg (https://postimg.cc/fk1JJZM4)

jeemak
24-06-2022, 11:49 PM
There's actually something for Weightman to learn through playing injured.

So if he's not going to re-injure himself/ do more damage by playing then he will need to learn to play with pain and impairment. The best do it and learn to do it at some point so for Weightman it may as well be now.

azabob
24-06-2022, 11:51 PM
There's actually something for Weightman to learn about through playing injured.

If he's not going to re-injure himself/ do more damage by playing then he will need to learn to play with pain and impairment. The best do it and learn to do it at some point so for Weightman it may as well be now.

How were the posh seats? I’m expecting a comprehensive review of what went wrong early and what if any subtle changes we made in the 2nd quarter onwards

jeemak
24-06-2022, 11:56 PM
How were the posh seats? I’m expecting a comprehensive review of what went wrong early and what if any subtle changes we made in the 2nd quarter onwards

Not a lot of atmosphere, but good viewing.

I can't ever tell what happens tactically, those who say they can are much smarter than I. We stunk it up with our usage early and weren't really serious about the contest until we decided we needed to be.

Hawthorn weren't able to keep up with our physicality and not cough it up. We got a bit lucky with some of their misses and took it away from them.

Our defence seemed to look a lot worse when we exposed them due to poor decisions and usage, which is a really obvious thing to say, but much of the malaise they experienced wasn't just down to them as it usually isn't with most teams.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-06-2022, 11:57 PM
Just saw the km's run tonight. Scott led the field 14.8kms! Next best two were Hawks, and Dunks and Gardner with 13.8 and 13.7km respectively.

josie
25-06-2022, 12:01 AM
Scott was good tonight. Think he might have had spells in backline after Richards was out too. A versatile player. Usually a reliable kick and handball.

angelopetraglia
25-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Marra leading all comers for the game with four contested marks was my highlight tonight. Great to see him sticking some.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-06-2022, 12:15 AM
O'Brien still a big concern of mine, got out muscled by Butler numerous times needs to do more.

Has potential forward in our team. More match hardened than Marra, Bruce and Schache.

SonofScray
25-06-2022, 12:22 AM
Good win in context, would have liked to see us concede fewer goals, particularly once the cue went in the rack.

Libba has had as good a run of form as we’ve seen across his career. Legendary stuff. Blokes an inspiration.
West is showing us he can play footy that is emblematic of what we love in our teams, real tenacious, dogged stuff.

Testekill
25-06-2022, 12:32 AM
I want to know what the hell Sicily was thinking when he dumped West for no reason in the goal square. It ended up putting us in the lead for the first time all game and our boys really got stuck into Sicily through the rest of the game.

The Underdog
25-06-2022, 12:35 AM
I want to know what the hell Sicily was thinking when he dumped West for no reason in the goal square. It ended up putting us in the lead for the first time all game and our boys really got stuck into Sicily through the rest of the game.

He wasn’t watching the flight of the ball. West feigned to mark and Sicily put body on him, not realising that the ball had flown 3 metres over his head. The ball landed in Weightman’s arms for a mark, so it would have been a goal regardless.

jazzadogs
25-06-2022, 12:38 AM
He wasn’t watching the flight of the ball. West feigned to mark and Sicily put body on him, not realising that the ball had flown 3 metres over his head. The ball landed in Weightman’s arms for a mark, so it would have been a goal regardless.

Would have made BAD happy if Weightman got a touch.

The Underdog
25-06-2022, 12:40 AM

He weirdly passed it back to Schache who was more central, but the umpire called it back to West.

bornadog
25-06-2022, 12:47 AM

If people are happy with 1 touch for a game then they have lower standards than me.

Eastdog
25-06-2022, 12:50 AM
Just really good to have got that win tonight after a really poor 1st quarter. We controlled the game pretty much after that. Libba, West, JJ, Dunks, Dale, Bont, Schache and Marra all really good.

That keeps us right in season 2022. Need to rely on the teams around us to drop games. We just need to keep holding our end of the bargain and keep winning. Tough match next week against the Lions at the Gabba but I give us a chance. Lions very poor last night.

bornadog
25-06-2022, 12:51 AM
Just saw the km's run tonight. Scott led the field 14.8kms! Next best two were Hawks, and Dunks and Gardner with 13.8 and 13.7km respectively.

Scott was good tonight. Think he might have had spells in backline after Richards was out too. A versatile player. Usually a reliable kick and handball.

Scott played a pretty good game and picked up 22 disposals, whilst Gardner had 20 plus 9 marks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWBHL6haAAA_r6G?format=jpg&name=large