Grantysghost
11-07-2022, 01:00 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/2ALDsRipuShI8A3gXV/giphy.gif

bornadog
11-07-2022, 01:05 PM
Dogs by 15p
First Goal Naughton
BOG: Bont

I may not see this match as I am overseas for three weeks from tomorrow.

Hopefully I come back to some wins. :)

Grantysghost
11-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Dogs by 15p
First Goal Naughton

You've given up! :)

Enjoy.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
I will miss this week's game, as I'm going away from Friday, on my annual camping trip with some old mates f. No phone/internet reception.
here's what I hope to see when I get back in mobile range around lunchtime Sunday
Dogs by 40 points
First Goal: Naughton

bornadog
11-07-2022, 02:20 PM
You've given up! :)

https://c.tenor.com/15QcmOCuBtgAAAAM/nope.gif

hujsh
11-07-2022, 03:10 PM
I think we're looking at 6 losses in a row sadly. Focus well and truly on next year for me

Danjul
11-07-2022, 03:16 PM
I think we're looking at 6 losses in a row sadly. Focus well and truly on next year for me
2 ruckmen, 3 tall forwards (who are instructed to run away from each other), stand the mark (if you can’t cheat 2 metres), play fit people in their natural position.

That will let them see what the problem that needs fixing is.

MrMahatma
11-07-2022, 11:33 PM
I’ve got a work function. I could leave early and watch. Or I could avoid scores and watch later. Or I could just not bother.

I mean… this is low for me. I dead set LIVE to watch the boys play. Last week has scarred me. Genuinely.

Eastdog
11-07-2022, 11:49 PM
Looking forward to getting back to going to the footy again this week. I hope we put in a strong performance Friday night and get it done.

Eastdog
13-07-2022, 12:34 PM
Margin: Dogs by 14 points

First goal: Libba

Best on ground: Macrae

GVGjr
13-07-2022, 08:50 PM
I don't know why but I'm feeling confident of our chances Friday night although if Naughton was to miss it might change my thoughts.

kruder
13-07-2022, 09:00 PM
I don't know why but I'm feeling confident of our chances Friday night although if Naughton was to miss it might change my thoughts.

I'm surprised that we are $1.57 favs this week considering St Kilda have played the better footy over the year. The one positive is that we go ok against sides outside of the 8.

Bullies
13-07-2022, 09:04 PM
I'm surprised that we are $1.57 favs this week considering St Kilda have played the better footy over the year. The one positive is that we go ok against sides outside of the 8. Certainly won't be getting any of my money. Have these people betting watched us the last 2 weeks. Guaranteed Billings will get 30+ and kick 3 and Membrey will kick 4 as they normally do against us.

boydogs
13-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Hoping we fire up like Sydney did against us after losing to Essendon

WB by 14
First goal Weightman
BOG Libba

Bulldog Joe
14-07-2022, 09:44 AM
Pretty hard to have any confidence after last week.

Unless we bring some heat we will get smashed.

Despite that we are capable of winning by plenty, we just don't know what we will get.

Bulldog4life
14-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Howard out weakens their backline.

DOG GOD
14-07-2022, 01:14 PM
Howard out weakens their backline.

Certainly does, however curbing the influence of that Ryder/Marshall pairing and whether our backs can stop King will decide this game.

Also got to watch out for Ross and Billing’s who play their best games of the year against us.

Boots
14-07-2022, 01:41 PM
I just bought five tickets to this game - four for out-of-town family members who don't really understand why I like AFL so much.

This feels like a risky move.

Axe Man
14-07-2022, 03:30 PM
I just bought five tickets to this game - four for out-of-town family members who don't really understand why I like AFL so much.

This feels like a risky move.

Just before they announced bring a friend for free for members! Ouch.

Mantis
14-07-2022, 03:48 PM
I *!*!*!*!ing hate St.Kilda and have no interest in watching them beat us... but my 6yo is mad keen to go, so we're going.

Think I might take a book so I don't lose my shit.

GVGjr
14-07-2022, 03:51 PM
I *!*!*!*!ing hate St.Kilda and have no interest in watching them beat us... but my 6yo is mad keen to go, so we're going.

It's good of you to go especially if your heart isn't in it.
Lets hope we are playing well enough at half time for you to put the book down :)

bornadog
14-07-2022, 03:59 PM

Nah you will be right in it

Mantis
14-07-2022, 04:48 PM
It's good of you to go especially if your heart isn't in it.
Lets hope we are playing well enough at half time for you to put the book down :)

My heart was in it last week when I made a huge effort in a number of ways to get to the Sydney game and we performed like a busted ass.. this week I'm going under sufferance.

Hopefully we play like we give a *!*!*!*! and back up our claim to thank the members for their support.

SquirrelGrip
14-07-2022, 05:10 PM
Certainly does, however curbing the influence of that Ryder/Marshall pairing and whether our backs can stop King will decide this game.

Yes fascinated to see what our plan is to curb Ryder and Marshall. I'm bereft.

Bulldog Joe
14-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Yes fascinated to see what our plan is to curb Ryder and Marshall. I'm bereft.

I am sort of expecting Schache to get the job of playing on the resting ruck.

It seems an ideal assignment to justify his exclusion for the rest of the year.

SonofScray
14-07-2022, 05:43 PM
Seasons cooked, so this game is pretty important for keeping us invested. I’ll be pretty down on the things if we turn up like we did at Sydney.

chef
14-07-2022, 06:10 PM
Saints by 42
First goal Bont
BOG West

Would have been a little bit confident if the Sainters weren't coming off a loss, but they'll be wanting to make a statement like good sides do and bounce back. Hoping we may come out and play like we care this week and haven't just given up.

DOG GOD
14-07-2022, 06:17 PM
Saints by 26
First goal - Weightman
Bog- Libba

Ryder/Marshall will kill us and give King plenty of opportunities if he kicks straight, which I think he will as most of his shots will be from 25-30 out.

Mantis
14-07-2022, 06:23 PM
I am sort of expecting Schache to get the job of playing on the resting ruck.

It seems an ideal assignment to justify his exclusion for the rest of the year.

If Schache is playing in defence who do you have Keath & Gardner taking?

It’s pretty much only Marshall and King as the talls.

Bulldog Joe
14-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Saints by 42
First goal Bont
BOG West

Would have been a little bit confident if the Sainters weren't coming off a loss, but they'll be wanting to make a statement like good sides do and bounce back. Hoping we may come out and play like we care this week and haven't just given up.

Sainters have lost their last 3 and it is a stretch to rank them as a good side. They have their days but we cover them easily for talent.

We bring the effort we win, but I don't have any confidence that we will.

Bulldog Joe
14-07-2022, 06:29 PM
If Schache is playing in defence who do you have Keath & Gardner taking?

It’s pretty much only Marshall and King as the talls.

I'm not saying it is my choice, but probably Keath for King with Gardner to play on Membrey, who is too good in the air for either of the Baileys.

SlimPickens
15-07-2022, 09:46 AM
Have to win the midfield battle! English crucial

Dogs by 7
BOG English
First Goal: Baz

Bulldog4life
15-07-2022, 09:50 AM

That's the most important thing.

Grantysghost
15-07-2022, 09:52 AM
I'm confident for no reason.

Dogs by 10
FG Marra
BOG Bont

westbulldog
15-07-2022, 11:28 AM
I hope we win but given the last 2 weeks pathetic efforts and that our MC thinks McNeill and Hannan are best 22 I won't lose any sleep if we get rolled.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-07-2022, 12:56 PM
Naughton's omission will be telling.

Saints by 18
BOG Libba
FG Jamarra.

Happy Days
15-07-2022, 02:44 PM
Word on the street is that our problematic fave Josh Dunkley might be a late out.

Mantis
15-07-2022, 02:44 PM
Have to win the midfield battle! English crucial

Dogs by 7
BOG English
First Goal: Baz

Based on last weeks match I actually think Sweet is more important in this regard than English.

I'm hoping Sweet takes the first tap tonight.

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 02:53 PM
Word on the street is that our problematic fave Josh Dunkley might be a late out.

That would be a shame. A very depleted side if he doesn't make it.

MrMahatma
15-07-2022, 03:06 PM

What street?
Due to COVID?

That’ll hurt a lot.

Mantis
15-07-2022, 03:09 PM
What street?
Due to COVID?

That’ll hurt a lot.

It was reported by CH7 that he didn't train yesterday so maybe linked to that?

MrMahatma
15-07-2022, 04:49 PM
At least when we lose we can blame disruptions and Rona and not look in the mirror.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 05:00 PM
That would be a shame. A very depleted side if he doesn't make it.

McComb back for Friday night footy!

Happy Days
15-07-2022, 05:02 PM
If McComb comes in I’m not going to the game.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 05:05 PM

Enjoy the couch then. :)

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 05:06 PM

I admire your principles.

Grantysghost
15-07-2022, 05:15 PM

You don't want to miss the double macs!

McComb and McNeil.

I'm going out on a limb here, if the big twin macs don't combine for at least 3 goals...then.

Actually you guys decide.

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 05:15 PM
We might have a few things working against us tonight in terms of player availability and I might be setting myself up for heartbreak but I still like our chances tonight and I'm cautiously looking forward to the game.

We need our midfield to step up tonight and get great games from Bontempelli, Macrae, Dunkley, Liberatore and a high level of energy from Smith and Treloar. We also need good performances from Keath and Bruce tonight.

Grantysghost
15-07-2022, 05:17 PM
We might have a few things working against us tonight in terms of player availability and I might be setting myself up for heartbreak but I still like our chances tonight and I'm cautiously looking forward to the game.

We need our midfield to step up tonight and get great games from Bontempelli, Macrae, Dunkley, Liberatore and a high level of energy from Smith and Treloar. We also need good performances from Keath and Bruce tonight.

I'm with you G, I've got that spidey sense too.

I reckon we will come out like we did against the Lions and actually kick straight.

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-07-2022, 05:46 PM

It will be interesting to see how we fare without the over reliance on Naughton .
Sweet Bruce and Bailey Smith are good ins, however Duryea and Daniel if Bailey Dale is tagged again makes us vulnerable in defence. Still believe that Johannisen is better suited in defence and should have been moved back in the past two weeks.
Sweet in the ruck and English playing more as a key forward looks to be our best option with the pace of Bailey Smith to lift our centre clearances.

Bulldog Joe
15-07-2022, 05:50 PM
It will be interesting to see how we fare without the over reliance on Naughton .
Sweet Bruce and Bailey Smith are good ins, however Duryea and Daniel if Bailey Dale is tagged again makes us vulnerable in defence. Still believe that Johannisen is better suited in defence and should have been moved back in the past two weeks.
Sweet in the ruck and English playing more as a key forward looks to be our best option with the pace of Bailey Smith to lift our centre clearances.

This is where I think we need to be proactive.

There is no doubt Dale gets a hard tag, but swapping him with JJ early could bring the tactic undone.

I would be inclined to start Dale as a deep forward, because we know he can contribute there. We can then put him back later and throw the opposition tactics off.

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 06:09 PM

It's a move I would have hoped we would have made last week but does it become harder now with Naughton out? I know they're not life for like players but JJ might be worth keeping in the forward line for another week.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 06:17 PM

Dogs by 10
FG Marra
BOG Bont

Hopefully it is intuition.
Dogs by 11 pts.
FG Weightman
BOG Macrae feeding others.

Mantis
15-07-2022, 06:24 PM
Any chance we send someone to watch Sinclair?

We never seem to try and do anything to limit the effect of the oppositions key players, but hope it’s a focus tonight.

DOG GOD
15-07-2022, 06:35 PM

We never seem to try and do anything to limit the effect of the oppositions key players, but hope it’s a focus tonight.

He gives them a lot of drive from half back. Maybe JJ can be the lockdown, and then run hard fwd when we have the ball.

Hotdog60
15-07-2022, 06:40 PM
If Dunkley doesn't come up does it mean West may get more of a look in.

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 06:43 PM

It should be JJ if he is playing forward.

ratsmac
15-07-2022, 06:44 PM
I think this is a good opportunity without Naughton. We look for him a fair bit with high balls inside f50 when we are struggling to score. The opposition sides are normally set up for that. Without him we have to be more reliant on hitting up leads and looking for space to put the ball into. It's going to be interesting how we go about it. Hopefully muscle memory doesn't kick in and we blaze away and get picked off all night. With Bruce first game back I don't expect him to take 5 contested marks and JUH is still finding his feet, but if they can get 5-6 goals between them would be good.

Dogs by 1 point
First goal - Bruce and a jumper kiss
BOG- Macrae

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 07:10 PM
I think this is a good opportunity without Naughton. We look for him a fair bit with high balls inside f50 when we are struggling to score. The opposition sides are normally set up for that. Without him we have to be more reliant on hitting up leads and looking for space to put the ball into. It's going to be interesting how we go about it. Hopefully muscle memory doesn't kick in and we blaze away and get picked off all night. With Bruce first game back I don't expect him to take 5 contested marks and JUH is still finding his feet, but if they can get 5-6 goals between them would be good.

Dogs by 1 point
First goal - Bruce and a jumper kiss
BOG- Macrae

It would drive me nuts if we kick too high to players leading. Ideally they should be able to chest mark with a bit of a jump.

mjp
15-07-2022, 07:11 PM
I would be inclined to start Dale as a deep forward, because we know he can contribute there.

But with no Daniel there, who is actually going to start our ball movement? Gardner?

If I was coaching I would be incredibly nervous about moving Dale with Daniel out...I think we need one of them kicking the footy...

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 07:39 PM
But with no Daniel there, who is actually going to start our ball movement? Gardner?

If I was coaching I would be incredibly nervous about moving Dale with Daniel out...I think we need one of them kicking the footy...

Tim will help with around ground marking. Both teams know the ground, hopefully our footskills are on and we can present to space.
Handballs stats equal kicking nowadays
Bring back the flickpass.

Jeanette54
15-07-2022, 07:42 PM
Tonight is the night our midfielders need to turn up ready for the big pressure effort. We must dominate the mid field and pressure/restrict St. Kilda's forward 50 entries. At the same time, we need to give plenty of quality ball supply to our forwards. Note to Marra: Playing with Bruce is a different kettle of fish to playing with Naughton. Get in Josh's way and it will be like being run over by a Kenworth. Better off spreading the defenders, there will be one on one opportunities for you and Josh will have one less opponent to beat.

Deep Breath, and a leap of faith.
Dogs by 5 points
BOG: Bazlenka
FG: Bruce.

merantau
15-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Dogs by 15p
First Goal Naughton

Best wishes for the trip BAD.

The Adelaide Connection
15-07-2022, 07:51 PM
I’ve been a bit MIA from here, haven’t posted in a bit. Am over for the game tonight and it’s the first since my Dad passed away last month, so it will be an emotional affair.

Just want a good showing. I never mind losing if you play your best footy and the other team is just better on the day. The reality is our best wins it anyways.

Dogs by 16
First Goal Bruce
BOG Baz

merantau
15-07-2022, 08:03 PM
I’ve been a bit MIA from here, haven’t posted in a bit. Am over for the game tonight and it’s the first since my Dad passed away last month, so it will be an emotional affair.

Just want a good showing. I never mind losing if you play your best footy and the other team is just better on the day. The reality is our best wins it anyways.

Dogs by 16
First Goal Bruce
BOG Baz

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Hope the result is what you, and indeed all of us, want. Go Dogs!

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 08:11 PM

Dogs by 16
First Goal Bruce
BOG Baz
The Bulldogs are on your side.
Condolences and dad will be there.

azabob
15-07-2022, 08:23 PM
Luke Cleary is tonight’s SUB.

azabob
15-07-2022, 08:32 PM
Khamis and Hannan to play back.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Boo to St Kilda, chewy on your boot.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 08:36 PM
Khamis and Hannan to play back.

Ridiculous. I promised to myself I'd try and remain positive but when I heard that......

The Bulldogs Bite
15-07-2022, 08:46 PM
I like Khamis but at AFL level, he's not a defender.

Hannan as a defender is almost worse than Treloar as a defender.

Grantysghost
15-07-2022, 08:50 PM
Macrae forward...

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Macrae forward...

Hahahaha.

JUH with a nice finish, he's started iff well tonight

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Who picked JUH for FG?

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Macrae forward...

And a few minutes into the game he's gone to the bench. Strange move

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Gardner doing well.
Now JJ misses!

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 09:10 PM
Nice start, hope we can keep it going.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Kicking to a leader that can jump and mark on their chess! Rhylee goals.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Saints turn over the ball more than we do. Wow

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:17 PM
We are worthy of finals for sure. Not dead yet.

hujsh
15-07-2022, 09:18 PM

I've liked the intent tonight but don't get seduced just yet. The Saints have been awful.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 09:19 PM
Almost gave up that red time goal like we always seem to do. Really good start so far. Are we kicking with the breeze that quarter?

whythelongface
15-07-2022, 09:19 PM
I've liked the intent tonight but don't get seduced just yet. The Saints have been awful.

Yep intent there. Execution still off but getting better.

Mantis
15-07-2022, 09:20 PM

This says more about how bad the Saints are, than how good we’re going…. They’re horrible!

DOG GOD
Saints playing like us last week. I’m expecting them to at least give a yelp next quarter.
I don’t wanna see Hannan with the ball.

GVGjr

I agree, good signs but early days at the moment.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-07-2022, 09:21 PM
Naughton's omission will be telling.

FG Jamarra.

Yes sir.

DOG GOD
15-07-2022, 09:22 PM
We’ve missed a few easier options going into fwd 50 that I would’ve liked to see happen but overall the effort is there but saints couldn’t play any worse.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Better by us but let's be honest, Saints have been pathetic.

Nice to see Marra have a strong influence though.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 09:23 PM
Man the Saints gave us a lot of looks, and we burned just as many of the ones we generated ourselves.

The intent's there, we just need to make sure we don't drop away because we can get scored against easily when we do.

merantau
Much better after a very ordinary first 10 minutes. We certainly need to win this game and win it well. Sweet in the ruck and we look better. Smith back and we look better.

Let's keep going. St. Kilda will not lay down. We have to be ready.

azabob
Keath off with concussion test?

ReLoad
15-07-2022, 09:24 PM
We’re so lucky they are shitter than we are!

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:26 PM
Smith's kicking a bit off so far.

azabob
15-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Can someone explain English tactics against Ryder in the ruck contests? Seems very reactive.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:29 PM
Gardner perfect kick to touch.

azabob
15-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Khamis surprising with his 3rd man up.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:35 PM
" I asked your mother for you,
She told me that you were too young,
I wish to god I'd never seen your face,
I'm sorry ya ever were born.
Good night Irene,
Good night Irene, I'll see you in my dreams".
Leadbelly, Bulldogs fan.

chef
15-07-2022, 09:37 PM
Opposite to last week. Nice to see

azabob
15-07-2022, 09:41 PM
McNeil really needs to nail every opportunity.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 09:42 PM
Nice Khamis. Nice.

Just take the pressure off, great stuff.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 09:43 PM
Sweet's tap work is very good.

MrMahatma
15-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Wish we’d nail our chances and really put them to the sword.

Baz has hardly hit a target in this first half

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Bont! Love seeing those goals.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:48 PM
Dale a finger nail!

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 09:48 PM
McNeil really needs to nail every opportunity.

Thats his main fault. He's unlikely to ever be a high possession player but if he could improve his goal kicking he could find a spot.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Garcia nailed Hill ump missed now they goal!

jeemak
15-07-2022, 09:52 PM
Since when is tackling someone who is going for a mark a legal spoil?

Treloar on the half forward line was tackled. Umpires are shit. I get it's a hard game to umpire, but they're also shit.

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 09:52 PM
Garcia nailed, ump missed now they goal.

Loved seeing it though. Great tackle and pressure, that's how he'll keep his spot.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 09:54 PM
How was Zac Jones - toughest man in the universe - not pinged for a second time just then?

Oh that's right, the umpires are shit.

G-Mo77
Zac Jonesnis a real alikeable clown

azabob
Loved seeing it though. Great tackle and pressure, that's how he'll keep his spot.

Same with West

The Bulldogs Bite
15-07-2022, 09:56 PM
Some real shit umpiring late there.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 09:57 PM
We’re so lucky they are shitter than we are!

I'd like to see your Lego of that.

whythelongface
15-07-2022, 09:58 PM
Great half. Could be 50 + points up. Too many intercept marks in our fwd line. Forward line struggling a bit. Happy with Marra. Can tell Bruce has missed a lot of footy but helps with his experience being there.
Defensive work has been excellent. Gardner great on King.

whythelongface
15-07-2022, 09:59 PM
Garcia, West, Smith, McNeill, Khamis have all been good. Great to see our younger guys stepping up.

kruder
15-07-2022, 10:00 PM
I’m liking two rucks thanks covid. The connection inside 50 needs work indeed.

I’t would have been easy to roll over going into this one glad we have brought the intent. Well done Bont great response.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-07-2022, 10:00 PM
Great half. Could be 50 + points up. Too many intercept marks in our fwd line. Forward line struggling a bit. Happy with Marra. Can tell Bruce has missed a lot of footy but helps with his experience being there.
Defensive work has been excellent. Gardner great on King.

So Gardner is king on the great?

SlimPickens
15-07-2022, 10:01 PM
Bruce looks incredibly short of a gallop. Has run under plenty

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 10:02 PM
Bruce looks incredibly short of a gallop. Has run under plenty

He's clearly lacking some touch. He really shouldn't be playing but happy that he is.

The bulldog tragician
15-07-2022, 10:03 PM
We can’t ask for more with the effort, our skills are letting us down at times. Buku has done well with his intercepting. The Bont scintillating. Bruce short of a gallop as you might expect. Libba sets the tone, time and again. Just go on with it Dogs PLEASE!

merantau
The tackle on Treloar when he was going for the 2nd grab to complete the mark was a SHOCKER.

Our pressure is good, our turnovers are frequent but have gone unpunished so far.
Libba, Bont, Treloar, Buku, Richards, Dale, Jamarra, Macrae, Smith doing well and our RUCKS are doing well too.

The Bulldogs Bite
Yep Bruce is a fair way off it but I'm happy to have him out there. He commands attention.

merantau
15-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Must mention Gardner. He has nullified King very well.

MrMahatma
15-07-2022, 10:06 PM
West is a beast. Love his attack and tackling. Great mark and finish. Good skills. He’s a gem.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 10:20 PM
English isn't right mentally. He's going at half steam in the air.

Grantysghost
15-07-2022, 10:23 PM
Have we stopped backing off the mark?

It's certainly not all the time.

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 10:31 PM

I wonder if he is carrying an injury?

azabob
15-07-2022, 10:33 PM

He was terrible against the swans also. Was outworked and out muscled.

bornadog
15-07-2022, 10:40 PM
I wonder if he is carrying an injury?

After his concussions he is lacking confidence

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 10:45 PM

Could be, just not making a contest like I'd expect.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-07-2022, 10:47 PM
Khamis has been impressive. Couple of errors but aside from that has positioned himself well, defended and attacked. Encouraging signs.

DOG GOD
15-07-2022, 10:47 PM
Yep, same thing happened last year.

merantau
15-07-2022, 10:49 PM
We have an opportunity here - let's not waste it. Richards, Buku, Gardner and Dale combining well in defence. Bont has been telling and Libba is a marvel at the coalface.

GVGjr
Khamis has been impressive. Couple of errors but aside from that has positioned himself well, defended and attacked. Encouraging signs.

Agree, he's even got a bit better as the game has worn on as well.

josie

Agree-hope those concussions are not lingering.

Marra very good in first half, tackles, kicking straight for goals, growing in confidence. Onya Marra!!! Hope he kicks a few more.

bornadog
15-07-2022, 10:50 PM

TBB where is he playing, defence or forward? Where is Hannan playing and how is he going

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure if we will get a huge percentage booster but if we can kick a few goals this quarter and limit the Saints I'll be very please with it.

azabob
15-07-2022, 10:53 PM
TBB where is he playing, defence or forward? Where is Hannan playing and how is he going

Both in defence.

MrMahatma
15-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Soft start to the last.

azabob
15-07-2022, 10:58 PM

Saints have been very poor so far.

Khamis noticeably good.

Hannan not so much.

But I’m on the couch so hard to tell what Hannans role is

G-Mo77
15-07-2022, 10:59 PM
There is no better sound in the current AFL than the umpirenyelling "Stand!"

jeemak
15-07-2022, 10:59 PM
This group of players won't let us just enjoy ourselves.

They're a bunch of sadists.

hujsh
15-07-2022, 11:00 PM
There is no better sound in the current AFL than the umpirenyelling "Stand!"

Followed by the majestic follow up..."Stand!"

azabob
15-07-2022, 11:00 PM
This group of players won't let us just enjoy ourselves.

They're a bunch of sadists.

Nah, we are.

They are paid, we choose to do this.

Mantis
15-07-2022, 11:01 PM
I know you can be rusty but this embarrassing by Bailey Smith.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 11:09 PM
Nah, we are.

They are paid, we choose to do this.

We're masochists.

It's just so so shit and so predictable.

DOG GOD
Smith is shocking. Don’t look at his possessions. He’s butchered the ball constantly.

DOG GOD
Typical 4th quarter by the dogs. Taking the foot off the pedal. Geez saints should almost be infront ;)

chef
15-07-2022, 11:10 PM
I guess we're lucky Saints are inaccurate, surprisingly they are outscoring us in scoring shots

DOG GOD
15-07-2022, 11:12 PM
Saints 27 intercept marks in a rubbish performance

azabob
I guess we're lucky Saints are inaccurate, surprisingly they are outscoring us in scoring shots

Expected scores will make for interesting reading

jeemak
Keath you are a complete moron.

Hold onto the *!*!*!*!ing footy and slow it down you idiot.

DOG GOD
15-07-2022, 11:13 PM
Lol I’m not looking fwd to the next 2 games.

azabob
15-07-2022, 11:14 PM

Yep.

chef
15-07-2022, 11:14 PM
Lol I’m not looking fwd to the next 2 games.

3 games.

kruder
15-07-2022, 11:15 PM
Its amazing that the saints have had more scoring shots than us. How is that possible?

jeemak
15-07-2022, 11:15 PM
Yep.

It's the perfect example of the concentration lapses that sweep across our entire team.

Their brains go out the door and it turns to shit so quickly.

DOG GOD
15-07-2022, 11:16 PM
3 games.
Our confidence will be so shot after melb and geel we might forfeit the Freo game lol.

azabob
15-07-2022, 11:17 PM
It's the perfect example of the concentration lapses that sweep across our entire team.

Their brains go out the door and it turns to shit so quickly.

Another example is giving away a 666 free kick before the ball is bounced to start the 4th quarter.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 11:17 PM
That's it Keath. See!

And then go to the flank instead of the boundary! Yay!

jeemak
15-07-2022, 11:18 PM
Another example is giving away a 666 free kick before the ball is bounced to start the 4th quarter.

Funnily, I thought it was the Saints who copped the warning earlier in the game.

ReLoad
15-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Yup, definitely less crap.

azabob
15-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Funnily, I thought it was the Saints who copped the warning earlier in the game.

Well. I saw that one. I assumed I missed our one.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-07-2022, 11:21 PM
We win. But I’m going to bed disappointed

Can’t see how we couldn’t finish the game off

kruder
15-07-2022, 11:23 PM
Cody needs to go back to the VFL that was an embarrassing performance.

whythelongface
15-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Not a great ending but should gain some confidence with the way we played for 3 qtrs. Biggest disappointment was the constant intercepts in our forward line. Bruce didn’t offer much but will be better for the run. Naughton will make a difference.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Can’t even say it a percentage thing. It’s the fact that hard edged teams don’t let you back in. We still have a lot of work to do.

jeemak
15-07-2022, 11:28 PM
Why are our players going anywhere near the crowd?

EasternWest
15-07-2022, 11:39 PM
Why are our players going anywhere near the crowd?

Because they're looking for an out?

"Roaming Brian" meets John Schultz. Talk about a giant deigning to deal with a gnat.

Mantis
15-07-2022, 11:40 PM

He is a complete liability with ball in hand.

Those underground handballs are a thing of beauty!

merantau
15-07-2022, 11:45 PM
Oh gawd. That last quarter! So ordinary, so hard to understand. I just shake my head. I'll never be able to understand it. We won but one quarter of terrible football has just undone the good work.

On the positive side Bont is back, Buku was good , Adz and Dale were good and I liked Garcia.
I guess I'm just o sour old curmudgeon.

Hotdog60
15-07-2022, 11:46 PM
Best game by the Bont for the year and JJ was serviceable.
I like how Garcia is finding his feet at the level and seems to find space.

MrMahatma
15-07-2022, 11:48 PM
Well… happy we won. Last qtr was annoying but happy we won.

Hopefully Baz and Juice are better for the run. Hopefully no more COVID this week. We’ll need our best team vs Dees. They’re welcome to get some COVID though!

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 12:24 AM

Dogs by 10
FG Marra
BOG Bont

What do we win again?

Great win. Stop whinging everyone :)

Juice was interviewed after the game on ABC and he said it was a dissapointing end and that he felt like they were a bit cooked.

There was a theme of the week (some Bevo motivational magic) that was about the Cape Buffalo.
The metaphor was the Cape Buffallo is hunted by Lions but turns the tables and makes the Lion it's prey (paraphrasing badly).

Hence all the Buffalo horn celebrations.

FrediKanoute
16-07-2022, 12:39 AM
That last quarter was awful. Great game until 3/4 time, but seriously poor in the last quarter. Proves where we are at.

Plus side - JUH's best game for the club, The Juice is back, Khamis showed good signs....and the Bont stepped up

The bulldog tragician
16-07-2022, 12:49 AM
What do we win again?

Great win. Stop whinging everyone :)

Juice was interviewed after the game on ABC and he said it was a dissapointing end and that he felt like they were a bit cooked.

There was a theme of the week (some Bevo motivational magic) that was about the Cape Buffalo.
The metaphor was the Cape Buffallo is hunted by Lions but turns the tables and makes the Lion it's prey (paraphrasing badly).

Hence all the Buffalo horn celebrations.

I guess you had to be in the room with Bevo to tune into the magic?!?!

We’d have definitely been happy to hear before the match that we’d won by five goals and were never headed.

Boots
16-07-2022, 12:57 AM
I have just got home from the game and I will say this - at 3/4 time the Saints were a different team - they played with a manic energy they'd been missing (born of desperation) and they were suddenly set up very differently - they defended our kick-ins for a start. They shifted to a high-risk playstyle that abandoned any semblance of structure. It started to pay off but it was clearly too manic and erratic to really function.

We looked shocked - but we adapted and settled the ship and it was all OK. It was really 10 nervous minutes. Tim E was also on the bench so suddenly we weren't winning clearances. It was just a bit of a perfect storm.

Treloar was actually really good off half-back, and our clearance work was impeccable for most of the game. Smith's kicking was awful but his play otherwise was brilliant. Bont was everywhere brilliant (I love him). Buku had a good game and Bruce will find his feet. His mature forward craft was immediately noticeable and it's what we've been missing. Even Hannan had a good game.

There was a LOT to like out there. I'm reasonably bullish.

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 01:00 AM
Interestingly we have won 2 from 7 (29 percent of games Hunter has played this season).

I have no point.

Well we've won 7 from 10 he hasn't.

Still no idea what that means.

The bulldog tragician
16-07-2022, 01:11 AM
Interestingly we have won 2 from 7 (29 percent of games Hunter has played this season).

I have no point.

https://i.postimg.cc/1X4jY44z/934-FEE25-EF8-B-4149-839-F-58739-A003-F54.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 01:13 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/1X4jY44z/934-FEE25-EF8-B-4149-839-F-58739-A003-F54.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Haha

Eastdog
16-07-2022, 01:27 AM
Solid win tonight. Happy to have got some confidence back. Was refreshing to start the game well for a change and dictate it for most of it after that. The 3rd quarter got quite boring not much happening. The final quarter very poor on our part as the Saints had all the momentum.

Bont played his best match of the season. Marra will be great was very good tonight. Buku competed really well. Treloar had a solid game behind the ball. Libba very good again as was Gardner.

Need to really be at it whole game next Saturday night if we are any chance to beat the Demons.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-07-2022, 02:49 AM
Marra and Khamis were big positives. Marra found other ways to get involved tonight besides just leading/marking. He looked a lot better at ground level than I've seen him previously and his agility was noticeable.

The stats may not show it but he's definitely taken steps forward this year.

Khamis was clean, assured, confident, strong and intelligent. It was quite the performance. He was one of the few in the last quarter who still had some great repetitive efforts. Easily his best game and shows he can really make it.

Garcia was energetic and reminded us why we like him, Bont had his best game of the year by some margin. Richards was mostly good, JJ is an important piece, Libba and Macrae worked hard both ways for most of the night.

Having said all that, our concentration and effort lapse in the second half was abysmal. It started in the third with over possessing the ball and trying to be cute, and evolved into a mini capitulation in the last. The game was over but it was a reminder how far off the best sides we are.

McNeil isn't up to the standard and I really don't want him near this side. Not quick, not strong, not skilled. Let's move on. I know he isn't ready but at this point I'd rather invest time into Jones or Bedendo.

angelopetraglia
16-07-2022, 07:49 AM
Missed the game last night due to a function. Only watched the highlights and listened to the Bevo presser. Bevo was as upbeat as I have heard for him for some time. It sounds like we had a real hit from COVID with Naughton, Shaq, Hunter and Cordy. Also Spangler, Primsall and Varcoe were also out from a coaching perspective. With Bevo mentioning Varcoe in particular being impacted significantly.

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 08:14 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/yNf2qrZ5/Screenshot-20220716-064354-Instagram.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Insufficient Intent
16-07-2022, 08:14 AM
Marra and Khamis were big positives. Marra found other ways to get involved tonight besides just leading/marking. He looked a lot better at ground level than I've seen him previously and his agility was noticeable.

The stats may not show it but he's definitely taken steps forward this year.

Khamis was clean, assured, confident, strong and intelligent. It was quite the performance. He was one of the few in the last quarter who still had some great repetitive efforts. Easily his best game and shows he can really make it.

Garcia was energetic and reminded us why we like him, Bont had his best game of the year by some margin. Richards was mostly good, JJ is an important piece, Libba and Macrae worked hard both ways for most of the night.

Having said all that, our concentration and effort lapse in the second half was abysmal. It started in the third with over possessing the ball and trying to be cute, and evolved into a mini capitulation in the last. The game was over but it was a reminder how far off the best sides we are.

McNeil isn't up to the standard and I really don't want him near this side. Not quick, not strong, not skilled. Let's move on. I know he isn't ready but at this point I'd rather invest time into Jones or Bedendo.

Great summation, TBB.
The second last para makes an important point, we really went off the boil earlier than the general perception; it was a diminishing performance after half time.

Comparing the scoring, both teams kicked 5 goals in the second half.
We scored 2 behinds, St.Kilda 10.
Saints inaccuracy made a big contribution to our win.

On the positive side, some encouraging performances by many, hope we maintain the momentum. We'll need it!
Go Doggies!

merantau
16-07-2022, 08:34 AM
I've calmed down a bit from the last quarter disappointment now.
However, if we turn the ball over in our forward half in the same way again against Melbourne we will get burnt to cinders. Naughton back in will make a difference. I definitely want Schache and Hunter back too.

We got a lift having Smith back. Such a pity he turned it over a lot as he got a lot of ball. English and Sweet is a good combo.
Backline were solid. Buku was good all night and Gardner was really solid and nullified King. With Daniel and Duyrae to come back in we will be even better.

Next 3 weeks is the acid test for both this season and 2023. Win 3 out of the 3 and we'll go into the finals as the form team. Win 2 and we'll play finals in good shape to have a real crack.

Perform really well but only win 1 or zero would be a bitter pill but gives us something to build on for next year. I"m playing the long game here as my head tells me we ain't going to make finals this year again. My heart is yearning for another fairy tale finish. They can happen more than once in a lifetime you know!

mjp
16-07-2022, 09:32 AM

I have no point.

What's the correlation between Hunter in/Sweet out and Sweet in/Hunter out...

I can smell what you're cooking!

merantau
16-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Can someone explain to me why the free kick was paid against Jamarra at the beginning of the last quarter?

Was he holding his tongue in a non-AFL approved position or something?

jeemak
16-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Not in the goal square as a starting position, apparently for the second time.......666 rule. Should be sick, sick, sick rule for how awesome it is.

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 11:53 AM
Not in the goal square as a starting position, apparently for the second time.......666 rule. Should be sick, sick, sick rule for how awesome it is.

Great song.

Hotdog60
16-07-2022, 12:22 PM
Wasn't it Saints had the first warning and we hadn't had one or did I miss something.

jeemak
16-07-2022, 12:52 PM
Wasn't it Saints had the first warning and we hadn't had one or did I miss something.

Exact same question I asked........

Nuggety Back Pocket
16-07-2022, 01:05 PM
Cody needs to go back to the VFL that was an embarrassing performance.

Cody and Bruce were very poor and with Naughton missing as well we were fortunate to have Marra finish with 3 goals plus improved games from Garcia and Johannisen.
The Bont who was BOG, makes a huge difference going forward.

GVGjr
16-07-2022, 02:41 PM
This is why Bevo is one of the best.

‘Protect the pack’: Dogs reveal how ‘Cape buffalo’ sign sparked stunning win (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/afl-news-2022-western-bulldogs-vs-st-kilda-horns-celebration-what-does-it-mean-luke-beveridge-press-conference-stats/news-story/c01118b25b24465bf9333dffff509f96)

The Western Bulldogs have lifted the lid (albeit slightly) on their goal and post-game celebrations, which played a role in the side’s scintillating start against St Kilda on Friday night at Marvel Stadium.

Multiple Dogs players were seen making a horn gesture on their forehead after kicking goals, of which there were plenty in the opening three quarters before a late Saints fightback saw the final margin 28 points.

Speaking post-game, halfback gun Ed Richards said the meaning behind it was related to the Cape buffalo, which help protect each other in their herd.

“Our theme for the week, we spoke about the buffalo,” Richards told foxfooty.com.au post-game.

“Just how they sort of protect the pack and that we were going to go out there and protect each other at all costs.

“That was something we were poor with against Sydney so it was the focus this week against the Saints.”

Richards added the theme was led by coach Luke Beveridge along with the side’s leaders.

Asked post-game about the theme, however, Beveridge was tight-lipped.

“We never normally let you in on the themes, but we had a little bit of a Cape buffalo theme tonight, that’s all I’ll say.”

Still, it’s fair to say the message didn’t cut through for at least some of the players.

Bailey Dale was one of them, who was asked about the celebration post-game.

“Honestly, I have no idea, Bevo comes up with that many different themes,” he told Fox Footy.

“He comes up with a new one every week and there’s a couple that some of the boys don’t have any idea about but we run with it anyway.

“He’s very creative. Not the Chicago Bulls, I don’t know just something in the wild.

“I didn’t even really get it but we went with it anyway.”

josie
16-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Thanks for posting that Gvgjr. My laugh for the day when I read quotes from Bailey Dale.

Grantysghost
17-07-2022, 01:15 PM
What's the correlation between Hunter in/Sweet out and Sweet in/Hunter out...

I can smell what you're cooking!

I'm pretty sure 90 percent of the time we win every time.

There's lies, damn lies, and statistics right!

Cherry picking is fun.

GVGjr
17-07-2022, 04:19 PM
Thanks for posting that Gvgjr. My laugh for the day when I read quotes from Bailey Dale.

I get the reference Bevo is making to the playing group as the Cape Buffalo really do defend each other.
The herd stick together and are a formidable team which is a great theme for the players.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2022, 06:06 PM
I get the reference Bevo is making to the playing group as the Cape Buffalo really do defend each other.
The herd stick together and are a formidable team which is a great theme for the players.

Surely Bailey Dale got it. Maybe not.

GVGjr
17-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Surely Bailey Dale got it. Maybe not.

Obviously doesn't watch a lot of African wildlife shows. :) I've seen some shows of those bull Buffalo's standing up to Elephants.
A formidable opponent and Bevo is onto to something there.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2022, 06:28 PM
Obviously doesn't watch a lot of African wildlife shows. :) I've seen some shows of those bull Buffalo's standing up to Elephants.
A formidable opponent and Bevo is onto to something there.

I have seen them stand up to big cats but I can't say elephants. Be interesting to see. Will have to google.

Grantysghost
18-07-2022, 09:31 AM
Buffalo soldier and future captain.
https://i.postimg.cc/CMjQXG9Y/Screenshot-20220718-075211-Instagram.jpg (https://postimg.cc/jCScJ7sk)

comrade
18-07-2022, 10:59 AM
Not sure if Bailey Dale is just being coy with the media and doesn’t want to make Bevo angry by spilling the beans on his private themes or he’s actually a bit of an air head. Either way, god damn he’s lethal on the run. One of my absolute favourite things about this Dogs team is when he gets the ball anywhere within 60m of goal, basically put it in the book.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 11:02 AM
Not sure if Bailey Dale is just being coy with the media and doesn’t want to make Bevo angry by spilling the beans on his private themes or he’s actually a bit of an air head. Either way, god damn he’s lethal on the run. Basically put it in the book when he’s streaming in within 60m of goal.

Could be comrade. Put it this way I'd rather have him on our team than partnering him in a game of scrabble.

Scorlibo
18-07-2022, 01:09 PM
Not sure if Bailey Dale is just being coy with the media and doesn’t want to make Bevo angry by spilling the beans on his private themes or he’s actually a bit of an air head. Either way, god damn he’s lethal on the run. One of my absolute favourite things about this Dogs team is when he gets the ball anywhere within 60m of goal, basically put it in the book.

I watched that interview and he came across as quite well spoken and cluey. Hadn't heard much from him previously. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing a straight bat to protect the inner culture (which seems silly until you recall Melbourne's pure antagonistic plagiarism of the Freed From Desire post-game rave).

hujsh
18-07-2022, 02:40 PM
I watched that interview and he came across as quite well spoken and cluey. Hadn't heard much from him previously. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing a straight bat to protect the inner culture (which seems silly until you recall Melbourne's pure antagonistic plagiarism of the Freed From Desire post-game rave).

We also know Bevo really hates anything internal getting out into the open

Grantysghost
18-07-2022, 03:22 PM

I would not be surprised at all if the Demons pull out the horns this week.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 04:56 PM
Coaches votes

Western Bulldogs v St Kilda
10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
7 Callum Wilkie (STK)
5 Tom Liberatore (WB)
3 Ryan Gardner (WB)
2 Jason Johannisen (WB)
2 Bailey Dale (WB)
1 Jack Macrae (WB)

EasternWest
18-07-2022, 06:16 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/9fX1Shh8/nathan-fillion-oh.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 06:19 PM

Bloody copy cats.

The bulldog tragician
18-07-2022, 07:54 PM

Why did you plant that thought in my head?? Now it can’t be unseen :mad:

Grantysghost
18-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Why did you plant that thought in my head?? Now it can’t be unseen :mad:

I literally didn't realise until EW posted his gif and I saw the double entendre.

It's too gutter for my classy humour trag :)