PDA

View Full Version : Torrents or whatever you nerds call them

Sockeye Salmon
25-03-2008, 12:29 PM
OK.

I have a computer (you've probably worked that bit out) and I want to watch Sunday's game again (and again and again).

What do I have to do to download a copy of the game off the net?

1eyedog
25-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Can you do it through Bittorrent or bitorrent?

firstdogonthemoon
25-03-2008, 12:44 PM
OK.

I have a computer (you've probably worked that bit out) and I want to watch Sunday's game again (and again and again).

What do I have to do to download a copy of the game off the net?

Firstly you need to be willing to break the law! Its illegal.

I dont, but if I did, this is what I would do.

You need to install a torrent program - I dunno what you pc people use, I use transmission on the mac. The basic ones for pc seem to be bittorent or utorrent. Others may have a different view.

Go here - http://fr333dom.com/ and download the torrent file. It will be called something clever like WBulldogs vs Crows Rd1. Click the little blue arrow to download the file.

Then open the torrent file with your torrent application.

So....

Download your torrent client
Install it
Go download the torrent file
Open it with the torrent client
Wait

Go_Dogs
25-03-2008, 12:54 PM
On average how large are the files for a match? My speeds are pretty ordinary.

wb_age
25-03-2008, 01:10 PM
This weeks game was just over 1gb, however the sizes can vary from 1gb to 3gb.

Cyberdoggie
25-03-2008, 01:14 PM
so for the avg users connection it will take a good day to download depending on the speeds you get. You might get lucky and get it in a few hours.

Go_Dogs
25-03-2008, 01:32 PM
My monthly d/l limit is 1.5 gig, haha.

Someone should start doing a DVD post out.

wb_age
25-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Someone should up their download limit :P

hujsh
25-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm downloading it and it'll take a bit over 2 and a half hours on my computer

Sockeye Salmon
25-03-2008, 05:10 PM

You need to install a torrent program - I dunno what you pc people use, I use transmission on the mac. The basic ones for pc seem to be bittorent or utorrent. Others may have a different view.

Go here - http://fr333dom.com/ and download the torrent file. It will be called something clever like WBulldogs vs Crows Rd1. Click the little blue arrow to download the file.

So....

Install it
Wait
Thanks for that Andrew.

I'll give it a try tonight.

hujsh
26-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Awesome! Not only did the file work but it went straight onto my iPod so it doesn't have the delay between sound and picture that the converted movies have.

aker39
26-03-2008, 01:04 PM
If anyone has it on DVD, I'd love a copy. I will pay any costs involved.

Thanks.

LostDoggy
26-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Thanks.

I would be happy to borrow it and pay for any delivery costs involved

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2008, 08:57 PM

So....

Install it
Wait

OK.

I did all that and despite a few minor hiccups I have the file in mp4 format and I can watch it on my computer. Cool.

Can I convert that file to something that I can watch on a DVD player?

BulldogBelle
26-03-2008, 09:23 PM
http://www.sportsdelivered.com/Catalog/categoryinfo.aspx?cid=675

You can buy it here at $35.00

All legal and great quality.

FrediKanoute
26-03-2008, 10:18 PM
OK.

I did all that and despite a few minor hiccups I have the file in mp4 format and I can watch it on my computer. Cool.

Sockeye, I had the same problem. I ended up shelling out USD 50 for a converter program - AVS Converter. It works pretty well.

hujsh
26-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Sockeye, I had the same problem. I ended up shelling out USD 50 for a converter program - AVS Converter. It works pretty well.

What does it convert them to? I have something called a Videora iPod Converter

FrediKanoute
26-03-2008, 10:46 PM
What does it convert them to? I have something called a Videora iPod Converter

It converts them to a range of different Video file formats (ie AVI; XDvD etc). MP4 is apparently a default Apple format and it doesn't play on my thingy that I have connected to the TV.

firstdogonthemoon
26-03-2008, 11:05 PM
OK.

You can but I dont know how for PC. I use visual hub to convert and then dvd2onex to burn it to dvd but that is mac.

You need a pc geek now.

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2008, 11:26 PM
You can but I dont know how for PC. I use visual hub to convert and then dvd2onex to burn it to dvd but that is mac.

You need a pc geek now.

Thanks for that anyway.

The important thing is I've just watched the entire game again.

hujsh
26-03-2008, 11:43 PM
It's strange that, even though i got i on iTunes, i can't get it on my iPod. Maybe next time i have files to add it will work.

katemeehan
26-03-2008, 11:51 PM
man..times like these i wish i had more nerdy friends

hujsh
27-03-2008, 05:15 AM
I tried to watch it...didn't work.:(

Picture kept freezing. I want my gig back

Topdog
27-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Don't watch it on your ipod and it will be a case of problem solved.

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I tried to watch it...didn't work.:(

Picture kept freezing. I want my gig back

I had this problem as well.

mp4 isn't really a Quick Time thing (they just pretend it is).

I found a program called VLC that fixed it up real good.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/vlc.cfm

katemeehan
27-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Im going to WO today so might check out the shop and see if I might just buy it. If I do, Ill let you know...

bornadog
27-03-2008, 02:40 PM

You need a pc geek now.

Try this programme: http://mov-avi.com/en/videoconverter, but you will have to pay for it. You can probbaly get a copy from: http://btjunkie.org/

Just search for video converter programmes.

I use utorrent.exe

bornadog
27-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm downloading it and it'll take a bit over 2 and a half hours on my computer

What torrent site do you use?

For conversions, I use videora ipod converter, works well.

hujsh
27-03-2008, 04:39 PM
What torrent site do you use?

For conversions, I use videora ipod converter, works well.

Torrent site? Is that where i download it from or the program i used.

Found the Torrent off of Firstdogs's link http://fr333dom.com/

Bitcomet then did the downloading.

Videora works well but because the torrents off site like TorrentSpy usually are from America it creates a delay between picture and sound.

(Bang)>>>shoots gun ect

hujsh
27-03-2008, 11:09 PM
I had this problem as well.

mp4 isn't really a Quick Time thing (they just pretend it is).

I found a program called VLC that fixed it up real good.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/vlc.cfm

Thanks worked awesome

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2008, 11:46 PM
WB v Coll Elim final 2006

http://www.fulldls.com/torrent-tv-709215.html

FrediKanoute
27-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Good work Sockeye!!! Will add that game to my collection!

Sockeye Salmon
28-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Good work Sockeye!!! Will add that game to my collection!

I got all excited and posted the link before I tried to download it and then I couldn't get it to work.

LostDoggy
28-03-2008, 10:03 PM
for evey1 who used Aussie Torrents, it has been changed server to http://acrossthetasman.com/
i have another 2 invites, so if anybody wants them give me a shout.

FrediKanoute
30-03-2008, 02:45 PM
anyone got a link to the wb v melb torrent? 3am here in London and am hanging to see the game!!!

FrediKanoute
01-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Torrent is up - http://fr333dom.com/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=e843f9feb008ed3748ae6722bcfac3ad18501fde

Click on the link to set up the download and if you can send a note of thanks to the original supplier!

G-Mo77
01-04-2008, 01:01 PM
If anyone wants that 2006 Elimination Final I have a copy on DVD from Name a Game.

Thanks for the link of the Melbourne game. I forgot it was on today and missed most of the first quarter

bornadog
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
If anyone wants that 2006 Elimination Final I have a copy on DVD from Name a Game.

Thanks for the link of the Melbourne game. I forgot it was on today and missed most of the first quarter

Don't bother with the first quarter, we only kicked two goals.:D

Sockeye Salmon
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM

Thanks.

I have rounds 1, 2, 3 & the last 1/4 of round 5 I can send to you.

I'm trying to find this weeks game as well but it doesn't look like it's going to be posted.

The format is mp4 which is great to watch on a computer (using VLC) but when I got it converted to DVD the resolution was unwatchable.

PM me your details and I'll burn you a copy.

wb_age
01-05-2008, 11:30 AM
The match against West Coast has been available all week, here's a link.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=western+bulldogs

wb_age
01-05-2008, 11:40 AM
By the way, i have one invite left to join the torrent forum Acrossthetasman which upload all AFL torrents weekly and is currently closed to registration, therefore only available via invite.

First person to reply to this post and PM me their email address will get the invite.

firstdogonthemoon
01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
By the way, i have one invite left to join the torrent forum Acrossthetasman which upload all AFL torrents weekly and is currently closed to registration, therefore only available via invite.

First person to reply to this post and PM me their email address will get the invite.

The trouble with across the tasman is they dont actually post the torrent - they just post the location of the torrent. Previously it has been freedom, but this week it is piratebay and mininova.

wtf

wb_age
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
As long as I'm able to download our games, i don't complain.

Had it not been for acrossthetasman, i wouldn't have looked at either of those sites for the torrent.

Sockeye Salmon
01-05-2008, 12:48 PM
The match against West Coast has been available all week, here's a link.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=western+bulldogs

Thanks for that.

I searched Mininova for 'Bulldogs' and all I got was the Georgia Bulldogs. :confused:

bornadog
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for that.

I searched Mininova for 'Bulldogs' and all I got was the Georgia Bulldogs. :confused:

Three games came up when I searched.

Try also: www.btjunkie.org

Sockeye Salmon
24-05-2008, 01:02 PM
The Freo game was on fr333dom.com but after downloading 19% it came up as "unregistered torrent" and has been removed.

btjunkie and mininova don't have it either.

Boo.

firstdogonthemoon
24-05-2008, 01:45 PM
The Freo game was on fr333dom.com but after downloading 19% it came up as "unregistered torrent" and has been removed.

btjunkie and mininova don't have it either.

Boo.

And it was a SOCCER DOCUMENTARY ANYWAY!!

Some plonker was asking for it rudely so some other plonker put up a fake one.

Plonkers.

Is anyone a bigpond member who can download it from the AFL site and then cap it and upload it?

didnt think so

anyone got a copy at all? :(

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I dont bother using torrents for footy, i use it for all-american stuff..

For the footy i have foxtel..so i record some of the games (mainly the ones im not at home watching) to my HDD Dvd Recorder..ive got the Eagles & Saints game on there at the moment..

Didnt tape freo game cause i watched it..but ill end up taping the Roos game tomorrow while i go n watch..best way i think.

If someone needs to borrow it you copy the file to a dvd..simple.

Sockeye Salmon
12-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I was unable to see the game on Sunday.

It was Mother's Day, after all.

And after I played golf in the morning and got home just in time to go to the pub to watch the match I saw the fire in the eyes of Sweetness and Light and decided that discretion is the better part of valour.

Anyway, I noticed that fr333dom.com has very few matches any more. 2 or 3 games from each round. BOOOOOOOO!

Does anyone know where I can find a torrent?

hujsh
12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I searched some torrent sites and the only files they could find was these two which want you to sign up. I wouldn't recommend them but they're there if you want them.

http://downloadaccess.net/search.php?PID=efd403bf-e684-4520-80d0-2bb27468a97b&q=western%20bulldogs%20adelaide

http://latestdownloads.net/downloads.php?PID=393ef1f5-0f2c-4e3d-82c4-393138275f8a&q=Western%20bulldogs%20adelaide

bulldogsman
13-05-2009, 12:18 AM
This site usually is pretty good, i think you have to sign up though. Adelaide one is on there

aus.sierules.com

Desipura
13-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I was unable to see the game on Sunday.

It was Mother's Day, after all.

And after I played golf in the morning and got home just in time to go to the pub to watch the match I saw the fire in the eyes of Sweetness and Light and decided that discretion is the better part of valour.
Anyway, I noticed that fr333dom.com has very few matches any more. 2 or 3 games from each round. BOOOOOOOO!

Does anyone know where I can find a torrent?
SOFT:D

Sockeye Salmon
13-05-2009, 03:37 PM
This site usually is pretty good, i think you have to sign up though. Adelaide one is on there

aus.sierules.com

It says registrations are temporarily unavailable. :mad:

Scorlibo
13-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Yes it's quite frustrating, does anybody else know of another site to find the game? Itchin to see it.

Stefcep
14-05-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm a bit of a nerd.

MP4 is a way of squashing video so the file is smaller, about 1/4 of the size of a DVD (which is in mp2 format.)

You can convert mp4 into mp2 (dvd) using this free software:http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

it converts anything to anything. hell you can even watch a footy match on a kids nintendo ds or a PSP

bulldogsman
26-05-2009, 12:55 AM

Should be right now boys, sign up before it happens again. It's got all our games on there

aus.sierules.com

Sockeye Salmon
26-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Should be right now boys, sign up before it happens again. It's got all our games on there

aus.sierules.com

I registered but when I tried to validate it, it said "Not recognised on database".

Eventually I managed to register again and it worked OK.

Someone else had already pinched 'Sockeye Salmon' as a username :mad:

LostDoggy
26-05-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm #2 on the top 10 fastest uploaders on the site. I OWN!

MrMahatma
26-05-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm a bit of a nerd.

MP4 is a way of squashing video so the file is smaller, about 1/4 of the size of a DVD (which is in mp2 format.)

You can convert mp4 into mp2 (dvd) using this free software:http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

it converts anything to anything. hell you can even watch a footy match on a kids nintendo ds or a PSP
If you get a dvd player that can play divx or AVI you're in good shape - that way you can burn about 4 games to a single dvd and still watch them on the tv.

Otherwise I use NeroVision.

LostDoggy
26-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I just stream games from my pc to TV through my network. I use my PS3 as my media centre.

bornadog
30-06-2009, 09:45 AM

aus.sierules.com

No problems to sign up on this site, lots of doggies games.

strebla
30-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I want round 22 1996 ess footscray we lost but i recall Chis Grant and James Hird both having blinders and Mercuri or Misiti costing Grant the brownlow with a late goal

The Coon Dog
30-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I want round 22 1996 ess footscray we lost but i recall Chis Grant and James Hird both having blinders and Mercuri or Misiti costing Grant the brownlow with a late goal

It was Mark Mercuri who kicked that goal enabling the Bombers to prevail & Hird received the 3 votes & Grant got 2 .Most pundits feel that if the result had have been reversed, so would the 3 & 2 votes.

strebla
30-06-2009, 03:46 PM
It was Mark Mercuri who kicked that goal enabling the Bombers to prevail & Hird received the 3 votes & Grant got 2 .Most pundits feel that if the result had have been reversed, so would the 3 & 2 votes.

I knew it was one of them Coon Dog thanks for that it was such a great game for them both they were so far ahead of the rest of the field that day .even though we lost and it cost Chris the brownlow it is still one of my favorite games!!

The Coon Dog
30-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I knew it was one of them Coon Dog thanks for that it was such a great game for them both they were so far ahead of the rest of the field that day .even though we lost and it cost Chris the brownlow it is still one of my favorite games!!

It was also Wally's last game.

Throughandthrough
02-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Guys, i have a copy of every Bulldogs win for the last 2 or so seasons on DVDs at home.

APART FROM last weekend (NM game) which the taping stuffed (HELP!)

I record them from the iq or FTA

Most still have the ads in, and are suitable quality for watching on lap tops/pc's but a tad grainy when compared to the original product.

If anyone is desperate for an old game give me a hoy and a postal address.

ANd no, i won't do lots and lots because i am busy, and no, i won't charge to do them, and no, it wont be delivered on the next plane.

(NB the only losing game i kept was the narrow loss against Geelong this year)

Sockeye Salmon
02-07-2009, 12:52 AM
I taped last weeks game.

Not sure how that is going to help you?

Mantis
02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
No problems to sign up on this site, lots of doggies games.

The quality of the downloads isn't always the best.

Scraggers
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know of any links to watch this weeks match against Brisbane on line over the interweb thingy ... as for most without foxtel, we have radio coverage over here but nothing else :(

Sockeye Salmon
13-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know of any links to watch this weeks match against Brisbane on line over the interweb thingy ... as for most without foxtel, we have radio coverage over here but nothing else :(

Does anyone know if there is streams of our game this week? I'm in Belguim and I heard there was some deal done by the AFL because Sentanta Sports pulled the pin on AFL.

Can anyone confirm?

bulldogsman
13-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know if there is streams of our game this week? I'm in Belguim and I heard there was some deal done by the AFL because Sentanta Sports pulled the pin on AFL.

Can anyone confirm?

It's only free for UK, Ireland, the USA and Canada. Plus they now only stream 5 games for free now.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 12:21 AM
and espn360.com have done a new deal also!

The Adelaide Connection
14-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Firstly this thread has the best title. So good.

Secondly http://www.myp2p.eu/ has most fox games. This site will give you a list of different locations offering the stream. This weekends game will no doubt be on there.

Search "Brisbane v Western Bulldogs myp2p" in google and it will most likely guide you straight to the page.

Scraggers
14-08-2009, 03:50 AM

Secondly http://www.myp2p.eu/ has most fox games. This site will give you a list of different locations offering the stream. This weekends game will no doubt be on there.

Search "Brisbane v Western Bulldogs myp2p" in google and it will most likely guide you straight to the page.

Yup ... its there ... cheers :)

Sockeye Salmon
14-08-2009, 08:31 AM

You legend!

Thanks.

Twodogs
14-08-2009, 01:28 PM

You star! Thanks mate.

Sockeye Salmon
15-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Is it normal for it to go off-line at half time?

The Coon Dog
15-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Is it normal for it to go off-line at half time?

You'll find out in about 15 minutes.