PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 5, 2022 vs North Melbourne

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-04-2022, 03:48 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 5match against North Melbourne. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

macca
15-04-2022, 08:07 PM
When we kicked 5 goals in a row in the first quarter
Then North kicked 5 in the second m
Here we go again

But we stopped the rot after that

62 points , could have been more

Larkey kicking 4 shows we still have moments where we leak goals

comrade
15-04-2022, 08:14 PM
The game was probably already cooked by then, but when big Z sliced one through after taking an actual overhead mark, you knew it wasn’t going to end well for North today.

bornadog
15-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Bont going forward and the accurate kicking to set the game up

Grantysghost
15-04-2022, 08:27 PM
When the guy behind me who was constantly whinging said "ffs mark it Gardner!"

And I thought in my head... Hahahaaaa Market Gardener.

See what Covid stole from us.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-04-2022, 09:02 PM
When Norf kicked 5 in a row in the 2nd, and you could see their whole team start to get a whiff, we needed something to take the wind out of their sails. We had to create a chance and most importantly we had to TAKE the chance.

So when Naughton first created a chance, tackling the North player and receiving holding the ball decision, that was part 1. That he then converted what for him is historically a very 'missable' kick was for me the moment. It allowed us to both staunch North's momentum and go into half time with a much calmer state of mind than we otherwise would've.

Wally's goal immediately after half time was the absolute icing on the cake moment.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-04-2022, 10:20 PM
Wally coming on and immediately kicking a goal and delivering another.

Ghost Dog
15-04-2022, 11:43 PM
Cordy and Wallis slotting them, moments!

boydogs
17-04-2022, 10:45 AM
When English started winning clearances, we expect our mids to do that but if English is on top the opposition have no chance

Bulldog Joe
17-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Nice early moment was Ziebull dropping a chest mark and the resultant rebound to the sublime handball from Bont to Weightman fir the first goal inside the first minute.

Effectively a 2 goal start over where we may have been.

comrade
17-04-2022, 11:34 AM
When English started winning clearances, we expect our mids to do that but if English is on top the opposition have no chance

It’s fantastic to see Timmy level up before our eyes but also concerning how reliant we are on him completely destroying his opponent if we’re to win well, given he’s effectively a one man army in our set up.

bornadog
17-04-2022, 07:09 PM
Bont going forward and the accurate kicking to set the game up

Just further on this, Bevo has said Bont will play more forward in future. When asked to do so, Bont said he would do anything to help the team. That is how you do it, you don't start sooking like some players do.

Mantis
19-04-2022, 12:22 PM
Just further on this, Bevo has said Bont will play more forward in future. When asked to do so, Bont said he would do anything to help the team. That is how you do it, you don't start sooking like some players do.

Which players are you referring to? And it's not like Bont is playing a role that is foreign to him.

1eyedog
19-04-2022, 01:38 PM
Which players are you referring to? And it's not like Bont is playing a role that is foreign to him.

He's referring to Dunkley not getting midfield time. Outside of Westy having a winge on behalf of his son I can't think of anyone else who has had an issue where they play / whether they ae played.

Grantysghost
19-04-2022, 01:51 PM
He's referring to Dunkley not getting midfield time. Outside of Westy having a winge on behalf of his son I can't think of anyone else who has had an issue where they play / whether they ae played.

English I believe wanted more ruck time; not a whinge though as far as I'm aware.

bornadog
19-04-2022, 05:05 PM
He's referring to Dunkley not getting midfield time. Outside of Westy having a winge on behalf of his son I can't think of anyone else who has had an issue where they play / whether they are played.

Team first should be the motto.

English I believe wanted more ruck time; not a whinge though as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, is it true or rumour?

Maybe sook is a strong word.

All I am emphasizing is The Bont is such a team man, and he played a half in the forward line and some of the other two quarters.

jeemak
19-04-2022, 05:50 PM
I think the English one was let out of the bag by his manager, and then reinforced by Bevo sternly outlining that we need Tim to play as our first ruck this year after helping out in different positions last year.

Given we have Martin, and no Bruce, we probably need English forward as much as we did previously if not more.........not saying that's what I want, mind.

GVGjr
19-04-2022, 08:39 PM

As Mantis has asked, which players are you referring to? Is it one player or a few?

Is it more of a difference between players being impatient than sooking?

bornadog
19-04-2022, 09:24 PM
As Mantis has asked, which players are you referring to? Is it one player or a few?

Is it more of a difference between players being impatient than sooking?

It was a general comment only. Some players don't like playing in certain positions, but Bont does the team thing.

jeemak
19-04-2022, 10:01 PM
I think BAD is the new Ponyboy and wants to TRADE DUNKLEY!!!!!

EasternWest
19-04-2022, 10:02 PM
I think BAD is the new Ponyboy and wants to TRADE DUNKLEY!!!!!

Maybe, but his brain is addled by the rona so we can forgive him this trespass. What's your excuse?

jeemak
19-04-2022, 10:05 PM
Maybe, but his brain is addled by the rona so we can forgive him this trespass. What's your excuse?

Drugs and alcohol.

jeemak
19-04-2022, 10:06 PM
I didn't know BAD had the 'rona. Get well soon mate......!

azabob
19-04-2022, 10:20 PM

Clearly Jee is still jet lagged. He is posting during sunlight hours and not at the standard 2.30-3am time slot.

bornadog
19-04-2022, 11:45 PM
I didn't know BAD had the 'rona. Get well soon mate......!

Yeah tested today Jee - thanks

Mantis
20-04-2022, 08:15 AM
It was a general comment only. Some players don't like playing in certain positions, but Bont does the team thing.

Gee you love making sweeping statements that leave us with questions, but when questioned/ challenged you give no further information... can you just grow a set?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Yeah tested today Jee - thanks

Get well soon BAD.

bornadog
20-04-2022, 10:09 AM
Gee you love making sweeping statements that leave us with questions, but when questioned/ challenged you give no further information... can you just grow a set?

Grow a set, yeah no worries.

Grantysghost
20-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Grow a set, yeah no worries.

You can just buy a set bad.

I see people with them on their 4x4s yee haw.

bornadog
20-04-2022, 10:57 AM
You can just buy a set bad.

I see people with them on their 4x4s yee haw.

Mail order available?

Grantysghost
20-04-2022, 11:06 AM
Mail order available?

Male order?

http://www.bullsnuts.com.au/

I've taken this thread down a worrying path.

bornadog
20-04-2022, 11:07 AM
Male order?

http://www.bullsnuts.com.au/

I've taken this thread down a worrying path.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ohs4jO0azuqvRyms0/giphy.gif