PDA

View Full Version : 2022 - Leon Cameron

Bumper Bulldogs
16-04-2022, 10:25 PM
Ok so my question I would like to pose.

Do you think that Leon Cameron will be the coach of the GWS in 2022 when we play them in June.

I’m beating that the GWS board will run out of patience some time this year and he gets chopped the week after we belt them by 10 goals when we meet later on this year.

Grantysghost
16-04-2022, 10:28 PM
Ok so my question I would like to pose.

Do you think that Leon Cameron will be the coach of the GWS in 2022 when we play them in June.

I’m beating that the GWS board will run out of patience some time this year and he gets chopped the week after we belt them by 10 goals when we meet later on this year.

Clarko might be there next week at this rate.

jeemak
16-04-2022, 11:31 PM
He's an excellent coach.

It's OK to say he had the keys to a Ferrari and all that bullshit, but it's actually hard to get a team to top four and he's done it a few times, and he's also made a GF........whilst he probably should have made another one in 2016, and was just really unlucky to come up against a team like ours on a run.

He's also had to deal with turnover and injury along the way.

If I was him I'd throw it in, he's taken it as far as it can and he can move on having done a lot for their club.

bornadog
17-04-2022, 12:07 AM
Clarko might be there next week at this rate.

Or Buckley

mjp
17-04-2022, 12:02 PM
Or HIRD.

macca
17-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Or HIRD.

My bet is on Hird. He already works there.

josie
17-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Goodness me, all the more reason to despise them if Hird becomes their coach.

I wonder if Cameron would throw his hat in ring for Port coach with Hinkley surely losing it possibly before seasons end.

bornadog
17-04-2022, 07:02 PM
Or HIRD.

Is he allowed to be a senior coach ?

azabob
17-04-2022, 07:50 PM
Is he allowed to be a senior coach ?

Morally and ethically NO.

But this is the AFL so Yes.

Happy Days
17-04-2022, 09:21 PM
I hope Hird gets the job. He’s so unbelievably toxic and will end in a spectacular blow up.

Scraggers
18-04-2022, 12:36 PM
If LC does get the chop, I hope we go after him as a senior assistant. I really rate his football brain

Twodogs
18-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Can't see the attraction with Hird as a senior coach. Apart from the disgrace his shenanigans heaped upon Essendon, his coaching record isn't that good. It's 41-1-42 for a less than 50% winning rate (49.4) From 4 seasons he had two winning years. His first in 2011 was 11-1-10 and in 2013 with (as well as a juiced up playing list) a 14-7 record. Didn't make the finals in 4 years.

What's the appeal?

Testekill
18-04-2022, 01:50 PM
I don't see any chance of Cameron seeing out the year.

The Doctor
18-04-2022, 06:05 PM
I'd love to see Leon Cameron back at the Dogs as the senior assistant coach to Bevo. This type of experience is lacking in our coaching dept at the moment after the departures recently of King, Hansen & Gia.

I doubt we would do it though.

DOG GOD
18-04-2022, 06:13 PM
I'd love to see Leon Cameron back at the Dogs as the senior assistant coach to Bevo. This type of experience is lacking in our coaching dept at the moment after the departures recently of King, Hansen & Gia.

I doubt Bevo would want it. Unfortunately

GVGjr
18-04-2022, 06:31 PM

I think a few of us have been calling for a more senior presence in the coaches box to support Bevo but we either don't seem to be able to afford it under the soft cap or Bevo prefers assistant coaches with specific skills sets more than senior coaching experience.
There might be something in that.
Smith has been around the team for a while now and Webb has plenty of experience. Spangher must have been impressive so unless we can add an additional coach I'm not sure would even consider Leon.

bornadog
18-04-2022, 07:09 PM
I think a few of us have been calling for a more senior presence in the coaches box to support Bevo but we either don't seem to be able to afford it under the soft cap or Bevo prefers assistant coaches with specific skills sets more than senior coaching experience.
There might be something in that.
Smith has been around the team for a while now and Webb has plenty of experience. Spangher must have been impressive so unless we can add an additional coach I'm not sure would even consider Leon.

Would Leon take a role like that if it was possible?

GVGjr
18-04-2022, 07:21 PM
Would Leon take a role like that if it was possible?

He has to be a career coach doesn't he and realistically he would need to find a spot to land.
FWIW, I think he would take a 2IC role but who knows if that would be with us.

Bulldog Joe
18-04-2022, 11:22 PM
I doubt Bevo would want it. Unfortunately

Unfortunately, I think you are right on the money.

jeemak
19-04-2022, 09:41 AM
If Bevo doesn't want it for different reasons it would be silly to force it.

I mean we could get a worse coach, and then get a senior assistant to help him to make us all happy but we might end up with two coaches working ineffectively and in a worse spot than we are now.

From what I see I think the playing group needs some support in making sure they commit to and maintain a more consistent playing level. Something close to what they are capable of, and more often.

That could be in the guise of a senior assistant, but I doubt it.