PDA

View Full Version : Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

bornadog
04-05-2022, 09:32 PM
* Essendon have reportedly launched an “ambitious” play for an out-of-contract St Kilda big man.

According to 7NEWS, the cashed up Bombers are desperate to add another ruckman/key forward to help 23-year-old Sam Draper.

And their sights are set on Saints ruckman Rowan Marshall.

* Hawks looking at free agent Kyle Langford

* Some Essendon players out of contract: Nik Cox, Matt Guelfi, Alec Waterman, Andrew Phillips, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Archie Perkins and Zach Reid.

Any interest?

Link here f (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/play-made-for-saints-ruck-hawks-to-swoop-on-bombers-defender-trade-whispers/news-story/e4b6f1f7ae096702287f7dccab579b6f)or full stories

jazzadogs
04-05-2022, 09:41 PM
Rowan Marshall would be a great target if English leaves - he'd also be an ideal pairing for English, but I don't think we could afford both.

DOG GOD
04-05-2022, 09:49 PM
With Ryder on the way out I’d be absolutely shocked if Saints let Marshall go under any circumstances.
I would love him at the dogs though.

Grantysghost
04-05-2022, 10:03 PM
* Essendon have reportedly launched an “ambitious” play for an out-of-contract St Kilda big man.

According to 7NEWS, the cashed up Bombers are desperate to add another ruckman/key forward to help 23-year-old Sam Draper.

* Some Essendon players out of contract: Nik Cox, Matt Guelfi, Alec Waterman, Andrew Phillips, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Archie Perkins and Zach Reid.

Any interest?

Link here f (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/play-made-for-saints-ruck-hawks-to-swoop-on-bombers-defender-trade-whispers/news-story/e4b6f1f7ae096702287f7dccab579b6f)or full stories

Not sure how Waterman gets an AFL gig tbh.

bornadog
04-05-2022, 10:11 PM

One thing he is a straight kicker for goal.

EasternWest
04-05-2022, 10:19 PM

Any interest?

Nik Cox. Apparently he's quite athletically gifted for a 200cm man.

jazzadogs
04-05-2022, 10:30 PM

It's all a bit Billy Gowers/Sam Lloyd isn't it?

GVGjr
04-05-2022, 10:34 PM
Rowan Marshall would be a great target if English leaves - he'd also be an ideal pairing for English, but I don't think we could afford both.

A club would need to offer 800K a year at least to get him out on the Saints. Can't see them letting him walk.

Grantysghost
04-05-2022, 11:33 PM
It's all a bit Billy Gowers/Sam Lloyd isn't it?

Ha true. He can't offer much on the defensive side. Great kick as BAD says but you need more than one string to your bow surely.
Dodo strikes again!

bornadog
04-05-2022, 11:57 PM
A club would need to offer 800K a year at least to get him out on the Saints. Can't see them letting him walk.

Essendon looking at $750k

FrediKanoute
05-05-2022, 04:07 AM
Essendon looking at $750k

Of course they are......with a packet of chips thrown in as well

Axe Man
05-05-2022, 10:19 AM
Saints have been linked to Lobb to replace Ryder and partner Marshall, no way would they let Marshall go.

azabob
05-05-2022, 10:22 AM
Kind of funny that Saints went hard at Sam Drapper a few years back to partner with Marshall.

Now Essendon returning the favour.

Bulldog Revolution
05-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Kind of funny that Saints went hard at Sam Drapper a few years back to partner with Marshall.

Now Essendon returning the favour.

Is it all a signal about how aggressive Essendon are going to be in trying to improve?

Grantysghost
05-05-2022, 11:58 AM
Is it all a signal about how aggressive Essendon are going to be in trying to improve?

That's been their m.o. for a while.

Remember the triple s'....?

2017 Saad, Stringer, Smith.

The following year Shiel which basically wiped their first pick for two seasons.

They also extracted a top 10 pick from GWS in Caldwell.

They have to go to the draft I think like they have been recently and suck it up as they tried the trade route and its set them back again.

Shame.

Edit : Caldwell went 11 not top 10.

bornadog
05-05-2022, 12:05 PM

All the more reason to sign up all our stars

bornadog
05-05-2022, 05:13 PM
PORT FREE AGENT ATTRACTING INTEREST (https://www.afl.com.au/news/754106)

VICTORIAN clubs are tracking Port Adelaide free agent Karl Amon as he considers his future beyond 2022.

The Power wingman was omitted ahead of round five but won a reprieve after a late withdrawal at the club, with Amon facing the Blues and then holding his spot the past two weeks in the Power's wins over West Coast and St Kilda.

Hawthorn is understood to be among the clubs with a level of interest in Amon who, as Inside Trading revealed last month, is expected to be an unrestricted free agent when the AFL releases its free agency bandings in coming weeks.

boydogs
05-05-2022, 09:39 PM
Trade talk after round 7? Essendon's season must be over already

1eyedog
06-05-2022, 11:39 AM
Would still love Walla for 2 years.

Happy Days
06-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Would still love Walla for 2 years.

Think he’s done sadly.

Twodogs
06-05-2022, 11:52 AM
Think he’s done sadly.

Looks like it otherwise he'd be ideal. Has he played a game this year?

1eyedog
06-05-2022, 11:54 AM
Think he’s done sadly.

You might be right but I think if he can get his mind right he may have something to offer. Don't think he would be overly difficut to get either if we were interested. There was some speculation last contract about him at the Dogs.

That said has had a long standing calf issue which is never a great sign.

bornadog
12-05-2022, 03:30 PM
Bobby Hill keen to leave GWS. Is he a small forward we should look at?

azabob
12-05-2022, 04:04 PM

Yes, yes we should. Adds something different to our mix and is an upgrade on what we currently have week to week.

What do you think?

bornadog
12-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Yes, yes we should. Adds something different to our mix and is an upgrade on what we currently have week to week.

What do you think?

Agree with you, I rate him.

hujsh
12-05-2022, 04:20 PM
I'd love him.

Can't wait for him to join the Hawks

Bulldog4life
12-05-2022, 04:21 PM
I'd love him.

Not if Cyril gets into his ear.

azabob
12-05-2022, 05:06 PM
I'd love him.

He agreed to join Essendon last trade period but GWS and Essendon couldn't agree on a suitable trade.

Now, I know we are all shocked that dodo didn't get a trade done...

Happy Days
12-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Not sure I’d be giving up anything of value for Rob Hill. He’s an exciting player but he doesn’t really do a hell of a lot.

Compare his stats to Not Worth Persisting With and Literal Worst Player in the World Apparently Laitham Vandermeer. The results night surprise you.

GVGjr
12-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Not sure I’d be giving up anything of value for Rob Hill. He’s an exciting player but he doesn’t really do a hell of a lot.

Compare his stats to Not Worth Persisting With and Literal Worst Player in the World Apparently Laitham Vandermeer. The results night surprise you.

He's talented no doubt but I wouldn't have him high on the shopping list.

comrade
12-05-2022, 08:31 PM

Do Hill’s hamstrings implode every 2nd time he steps on a footy field too?

Sedat
13-05-2022, 10:48 AM
He agreed to join Essendon last trade period but GWS and Essendon couldn't agree on a suitable trade.

Now, I know we are all shocked that dodo didn't get a trade done...
He must have been too busy trying to facilitate a trade for key position goliaths Mark Bolton and Aaron Henneman for 1st round picks each.

azabob
13-05-2022, 10:54 AM
He must have been too busy trying to facilitate a trade for key position goliaths Mark Bolton and Aaron Henneman for 1st round picks each.

Scott West was the sweetener in the deal.

1eyedog
13-05-2022, 10:55 AM
I have some concerns about Hill's work rate and hardness at the contest. He's a nice player with space on the outside though.

chef
13-05-2022, 11:00 AM
Hill seems like such any unBevo type player, can't see us chasing him.

bornadog
13-05-2022, 11:06 AM
I mentioned this bloke ( Bigoa Nyuon ) in another thread, maybe a good target for a CHB/FB roll. Saw him play in the VFL and he looked impressive. Will make his debut this week, so see how he goes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSmAzFqaMAAtSTn?format=jpg&name=large

Happy Days
13-05-2022, 11:09 AM
I mentioned this bloke ( Bigoa Nyuon ) in another thread, maybe a good target for a CHB/FB roll. Saw him play in the VFL and he looked impressive. Will make his debut this week, so see how he goes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSmAzFqaMAAtSTn?format=jpg&name=large

I’ve never seen him play but his sister spoke to my class at law school and is genuinely the smartest person I have ever met. So we know he’d make good decisions with ball in hand.

bornadog
13-05-2022, 11:12 AM
I’ve never seen him play but his sister spoke to my class at law school and is genuinely the smartest person I have ever met. So we know he’d make good decisions with ball in hand.

Didn't know he was related to Nyadol. Yes she is very intelligent, and a great story to achieve what she has.

azabob
13-05-2022, 11:15 AM

Didn't know he was related to Nyadol. Yes she is very intelligent, and a great story to achieve what she has.

You should watch the video of him calling Nyadol to tell her he is playing. It is a crack up...

"Who dis?"

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1124324/biggie-calls-his-family?videoId=1124324&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1652342700001

bornadog
13-05-2022, 11:57 AM
You should watch the video of him calling Nyadol to tell her he is playing. It is a crack up...

"Who dis?"

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1124324/biggie-calls-his-family?videoId=1124324&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1652342700001

Very funny

bornadog
13-05-2022, 08:33 PM
HUN reporting we are interested in Lobb

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-05-2022, 12:38 AM

I don't care that his position type is what we're lacking, but he's always one of the pin-up boys for the 2016 model GWS side that were so smug and mouthy in our prelim final. I think a little bit of me would die were he or any of that GWS era team join us.

kruder
14-05-2022, 01:48 AM

I just don't get the love for Bobby bloody average at best

Happy Days
14-05-2022, 02:19 AM

Book it. 205cm+ guys on every line please. Viva la revolution.

macca
14-05-2022, 02:23 AM

Can we afford him? His on something like 700 K a year .

Some players have to go to fit him into the salary cap. Maybe less for 4 years ? Not sold on his consistency.

Freo not phased about letting players go especially with their young emerging talent

https://www.afl.com.au/news/684494/fremantles-rory-lobb-sends-texts-to-teammates-in-bid-to-patch-things-up-after-trade-request-to-giants-falls-through

hujsh
14-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Can we afford him? His on something like 700 K a year .

Some players have to go to fit him into the salary cap. Maybe less for 4 years ? Not sold on his consistency.

Freo not phased about letting players go especially with their young emerging talent

https://www.afl.com.au/news/684494/fremantles-rory-lobb-sends-texts-to-teammates-in-bid-to-patch-things-up-after-trade-request-to-giants-falls-through

He's looking for a 500k a year contract from here on. That seems manageable but might depend on what price we pay for other players or if we keep them at all

comrade
14-05-2022, 10:55 AM
I’m not a Lobb fan but he’s pretty much the only type of player that will fit with English. Huge upgrade on what we’re forced to put up with at the moment (Cordy, Hannan in the forward/ruck role).

If we got him and another key defender (along with keeping Timmy, Dale, Daniel & Baz), I’d be pretty bullish on 2023 purely due to structural improvement.

MrMahatma
18-05-2022, 03:54 PM
I'd be keen on Lobb. Yes, he was a knobb when in Orange. Has a big gobb and the tatts and punchable face make him look like a slobb. But he'd do a jobb.

Twodogs
18-05-2022, 08:31 PM
You could have fit knob in there somewhere.

Dry Rot
18-05-2022, 11:02 PM
Any word on Payne leaving the Lions?

jazzadogs
19-05-2022, 08:58 AM
Griffin Logue has put off contract talks until the end of the season. Add him to the list.

macca
19-05-2022, 02:41 PM
Mid season draft, any of these players have potential to be on our list ?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eight-men-in-afl-allows-late-entries-20220517-p5am7j.html

Scraggers
19-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Griffin Logue has put off contract talks until the end of the season. Add him to the list.

I'm a big Logue fan, just not sure he has the height to fill our needs.

Grantysghost
19-05-2022, 02:52 PM

I don't know alot about him Scraggers.

When you say that do you mean he's like an inbetween height?

bornadog
19-05-2022, 03:17 PM

At least one poster agrees with me

Scraggers
19-05-2022, 03:31 PM
I don't know alot about him Scraggers.

When you say that do you mean he's like an inbetween height?

I suppose the best compassion I see in the Bulldogs is Bailey Williams. A taller running half-back. Logue has 5cm (2 inches) on Williams. I don't see that we need another half-back. Now, if Alex Pearce was to put his hand up for trade ...

Grantysghost
19-05-2022, 03:46 PM
I suppose the best compassion I see in the Bulldogs is Bailey Williams. A taller running half-back. Logue has 5cm (2 inches) on Williams. I don't see that we need another half-back. Now, if Alex Pearce was to put his hand up for trade ...

I guess it depends on how they play over head. Their height isn't the only measure.
Leaver is 194 for eg. But plays as good as anyone overhead.

From what you've explained he seems like a taller guy who doesn't play that tall?

DOG GOD
19-05-2022, 03:48 PM
For mine, we need a KD with height and a good solid build. Pearce would be ideal, but no hope in getting him.

mjp
19-05-2022, 03:55 PM
For mine, we need a KD with height and a good solid build. Pearce would be ideal, but no hope in getting him.

Pearce should be on the 'DO NOT TOUCH' list...he misses 9/10ths of every season with injury.

Being fit is a skill and he doesn't have it. This may be short-sighted by me but I just would not be targeting a player who misses so much footy...

azabob
19-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Pearce should be on the 'DO NOT TOUCH' list...he misses 9/10ths of every season with injury.

Being fit is a skill and he doesn't have it. This may be short-sighted by me but I just would not be targeting a player who misses so much footy...

Yep. If Pearce gets a god father offer as a RFA, surely Fremantle won't match it.

Happy Days
19-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Completely agree. Pearce has played 11, 0, and 10 games the past three years, and missed the entire 2017 with injury as well. He’s already missed one game with injury this year and looks like missing another on the weekend. Unless it’s at zero trade cost (and I mean zero) then I wouldn’t bother.

HOSE B ROMERO
24-05-2022, 07:39 PM
Mid season draft, any of these players have potential to be on our list ?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eight-men-in-afl-allows-late-entries-20220517-p5am7j.html

i think Bevo said we wouldn't be active in the mid season draft.

GVGjr
24-05-2022, 07:52 PM
i think Bevo said we wouldn't be active in the mid season draft.

We didn't try to cover the long term injuries to Bruce and McLean and we didn't do a lot with our Covid Contingency list so I think you're right and we might sit this one out.

Axe Man
24-05-2022, 07:58 PM
We didn't try to cover the long term injuries to Bruce and McLean and we didn't do a lot with our Covid Contingency list so I think you're right and we might sit this one out.

We don't have any long term injuries at the moment so we don't really have a choice. Only possibility might be Hannan but hopefully for his sake he is back soon.

GVGjr
24-05-2022, 08:01 PM
We don't have any long term injuries at the moment so we don't really have a choice. Only possibility might be Hannan but hopefully for his sake he is back soon.

Options are minimal and unless it was someone already at Footscray and playing well it was at best a long shot

bornadog
24-05-2022, 08:43 PM
Options are minimal and unless it was someone already at Footscray and playing well it was at best a long shot

Could we delist Martin and get another ruck if there was one available?

GVGjr
24-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Could we delist Martin and get another ruck if there was one available?

Not sure you can do that but we should have added a ruckman during the trade period.

MrMahatma
24-05-2022, 11:11 PM
Not sure you can do that but we should have added a ruckman during the trade period.

Surely a retirement opens a list spot?

I don’t mind the idea.

bornadog
24-05-2022, 11:42 PM
Surely a retirement opens a list spot?

I don’t mind the idea.

We would have to agree it off with him, and he can stay as Ruck coach

Axe Man
25-05-2022, 11:04 AM
We would have to agree it off with him, and he can stay as Ruck coach

No he can't, there would be zero room in the soft cap.

Besides, we really aren't going to find anyone significantly better than Martin at this stage. Stef goes pretty well at VFL level from reports and that's the level of player we could conceivably bring in. I also don't think forcing someone without a long term injury to retire mid season sends a positive message to the playing group. Only way this should happen is if Stef decided to pull the pin off his own bat.

MrMahatma
25-05-2022, 01:27 PM
No he can't, there would be zero room in the soft cap.

Besides, we really aren't going to find anyone significantly better than Martin at this stage. Stef goes pretty well at VFL level from reports and that's the level of player we could conceivably bring in. I also don't think forcing someone without a long term injury to retire mid season sends a positive message to the playing group. Only way this should happen is if Stef decided to pull the pin off his own bat.

The concept is being driven as much by the fact that Stef is, again, injured though. So I guess if we were to get a VFL ruck we'd be looking for someone less injury prone. Sure, no promises they don't get injured, but equally the likelihood of Martin being available to play later in the year even IF we needed him to, is probably pretty low as he's likely to get another injury.

Jeanette54
25-05-2022, 01:38 PM
I notice that Joel Garner has nominated for the mid season draft. I would have thought "Big Bird" was getting on a bit, its been a while since he bowled for the Windies. However, surely he must be the answer to out ruck problem, age notwithstanding. He really isn't that much older than Stef Martin !

bornadog
25-05-2022, 01:52 PM
I notice that Joel Garner has nominated for the mid season draft.

He is 184cm

Grantysghost
25-05-2022, 01:57 PM
He is 184cm

He was drafted before wasn't he? Freo maybe?

Edit : Port.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-05-2022, 02:00 PM
He was drafted before wasn't he? Freo maybe?

Port I think.

Grantysghost
26-05-2022, 12:38 PM
I see Adelaide have opened up another list spot with Seedsman (concussion) moving to LTI list.

Axe Man
26-05-2022, 12:59 PM
I see Adelaide have opened up another list spot with Seedsman (concussion) moving to LTI list.

That's horrible news for Seedsman. He had a great year in 2021 and he's had 2022 wiped out with a really nasty concussion. Hopefully he can get back but he will be 31 before next season.

Grantysghost
26-05-2022, 01:01 PM
That's horrible news for Seedsman. He had a great year in 2021 and he's had 2022 wiped out with a really nasty concussion. Hopefully he can get back but he will be 31 before next season.

Yeah awful.

Axe Man
03-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Any interest in Francis for cheap? Fits Bevos versatility mantra. At 193cm probably not tall enough for renowned height discriminator BAD.;)

BOMBER FACES UNCERTAIN FUTURE IN RED AND BLACK

Essendon swingman Aaron Francis faces an uncertain future at Tullamarine after being dumped from the struggling side.

The man taken pick six ahead of GWS Giants’ onballer Jacob Hopper (pick seven), Carlton superstar duo Harry McKay (pick 10) and Charlie Curnow (pick 12) was omitted after gathering only four possessions in each of the Bombers’ losses to Richmond and Sydney Swans.

He has averaged one goal and seven disposals a game over his four matches this season and is out of contract at season’s end after last signing a three-year agreement in 2019.

Essendon is prepared to wait on a new deal for Francis as it zeroes in on new contracts for No. 1 pick Andrew McGrath and gun youngsters Zach Reid and Nik Cox.

McGrath was this week linked to rising interest from Richmond and St Kilda but the Bombers have no desire to trade the speedster at this stage.

It means Francis, 24, could attract the attention of rival clubs from South Australia where he is from, but any interest is likely to have cooled based on his recent form.

Trade sources said he would likely only command a late draft pick in a trade at season’s end and a modest salary for 2023.

Essendon has maintained strong faith in Francis over his career but he has struggled to have a consistent impact at the top level, playing 54 games over seven seasons.

He was drafted as a star intercepting defender in 2015 but has moved forward this season and can play at both ends.

Francis was taken after Essendon landed pick five as part of the Jake Carlisle trade to St Kilda, allowing the Bombers to take Darcy Parish and Francis in a one-two hit.

Seven years on Bombers’ officials face a tough decision at season’s end whether to maintain the faith in Francis or seriously entertain a move if the compensation suits. He is a free agent at the end of next season when he can walk to the club of his choice.

More on Logue and Pearce:

The Dockers are likely to lose Griffin Logue to a Victorian club and are about to crank up talks with full back Alex Pearce.

Logue was seen to be lowballed by the club over a deal that took seven months coming but given the Dockers don’t have a second or third-round pick they can secure more draft picks for the November national draft.

Pearce is a restricted free agent but has been injury prone with only 73 AFL games in his seven and a half seasons.

His clear preference is to stay but rivals desperate to secure a key position defender have ramped up their inquiries in recent weeks given no deal is yet done.

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/moneyball-trade-news-michael-voss-connection-could-help-carlton-in-karl-amon-free-agency-race/news-story/ca0c4d33fd518c2039084b072a311c04)

Happy Days
03-06-2022, 01:50 PM
Thats amazing on Logue. Given the noise so far you’d have to think we’re that Victorian club.

bornadog
03-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Any interest in Francis for cheap? Fits Bevos versatility mantra. At 193cm probably not tall enough for renowned height discriminator BAD.;)

More on Logue and Pearce:

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/moneyball-trade-news-michael-voss-connection-could-help-carlton-in-karl-amon-free-agency-race/news-story/ca0c4d33fd518c2039084b072a311c04)

Not wrong there

Thats amazing on Logue. Given the noise so far you’d have to think we’re that Victorian club.

Prefer Logue out of the two

soupman
03-06-2022, 03:09 PM

Never really rated Francis and would think we already have our not that tall intercept defender who never really went anywhere at their previous club on the list in O'Brien.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-06-2022, 03:18 PM
Never really rated Francis and would think we already have our not that tall intercept defender who never really went anywhere at their previous club on the list in O'Brien.

Francis strikes me as a local footballer; fair bit of talent but pretty poor work rate.

macca
03-06-2022, 03:30 PM
Francis strikes me as a local footballer; fair bit of talent but pretty poor work rate.

If his struggling to get into the Essendon side ( "going to enter review x10") atm then the above observation may seem fair. Buyer beware he will come with work rate issues , I just don't think he will make it as a long term footballer. Maybe a change of environment may help? Essendon can never be at fault here for his development ( cynic off) .

Logue - yes he could be a good fit. The parameters are there for us to get him:
- low balled deal
- can't get into a team in top 4
- still young with potential upside.
- they have a few backman, maybe ahead of him.

GVGjr
03-06-2022, 03:34 PM

People don't like being low-balled by their employer and we lost Ward in that same manner.

Not sure if we are into Logue but he would be worth considering.

hujsh
03-06-2022, 03:35 PM
If his struggling to get into the Essendon side ( "going to enter review x10") atm then the above observation may seem fair. Buyer beware he will come with work rate issues , I just don't think he will make it as a long term footballer.

- low balled deal

I'd add that he has pretty good form this year when playing as well. He'd be perfect as possibly pushing Gardner into a depth position (which for all his improvement he is probably best as a depth player over best 22)

GVGjr
03-06-2022, 03:54 PM
If his struggling to get into the Essendon side ( "going to enter review x10") atm then the above observation may seem fair. Buyer beware he will come with work rate issues , I just don't think he will make it as a long term footballer. Maybe a change of environment may help? Essendon can never be at fault here for his development ( cynic off) .

- low balled deal
When he's fit he's being played. I don't think earning his spot is a challenge for him.

Bulldog Joe
03-06-2022, 03:56 PM
I would see Logue as someone who would improve the team as he is really about to reach his prime.

Aaron Francis is a definite no. His prime was round 3 2021 and with 54 games in 7 years at a struggling football club, he is more eker than game changer.

Happy Days
03-06-2022, 03:58 PM
Francis exists only to be included in trade packages for elite midfielders by Dodoro. He’s not a real person.

GVGjr
03-06-2022, 03:59 PM
I would see Logue as someone who would improve the team as he is really about to reach his prime.

Aaron Francis is a definite no. His prime was round 3 2021 and with 54 games in 7 years at a struggling football club, he is more eker than game changer.

I agree about Francis, he's just a bit off the mark from my perspective.
Two slight concerns with Logue, what would we need to give up to get him? Is he durable enough?
He adapted to a defensive forward role last week against Melbourne last week so that might be a tick in the plus column.

Axe Man
03-06-2022, 03:59 PM
When he's fit he's being played. I don't think earning his spot is a challenge for him.

He did get dropped 1 week after a strong performance which was when the rumblings seemed to become public. But otherwise he has always been picked this season as far as I know.

Axe Man
03-06-2022, 04:01 PM
Prefer Logue out of the two

All things being equal I doubt you could find a single person that would prefer Francis, but the difference in trade and salary costs may be significant.

bornadog
03-06-2022, 04:01 PM
All things being equal I doubt you could find a single person that would prefer Francis, but the difference in trade and salary costs may be significant.

I doubt we have the cap space for Logue

G-Mo77
03-06-2022, 04:02 PM

Trade sources said he would likely only command a late draft pick in a trade at season’s end and a modest salary for 2023.

*Dorodo comes to the trade table asking for a late pick inside the top 10*

comrade
03-06-2022, 05:42 PM
Let’s land Logue & Lobb.

Happy Days
03-06-2022, 05:44 PM
Let’s land Logue & Lobb.

I like it but don’t know if we can eat both and keep Dunkley. I’m sure you knew that too but as nice as Lobb would be I’d prefer Dunks.

GVGjr
03-06-2022, 05:47 PM
Let’s land Logue & Lobb.

I'm not 100% convinced on either but if Freo loses one of them they'll have the room to keep the other.

While Lobb is the better footballer I think I'd prefer Logue but might need to have a closer look at the stats.

ratsmac
03-06-2022, 06:12 PM
Francis is a big no for me 1. Because he's a plodder at best and 2. Just so we don't have to deal with Dodo (who you'd think wouldn't last the football department review, but he will and that's cool too because he's done a marvellous job at keeping them shit).

Logue is definitely worth a go

DOG GOD
03-06-2022, 07:03 PM
Dodo wanted 2 first rounders for Francis from the Crows a few years ago. I think he had only played 10 games due to injury at that stage. That just goes to show what a delusional knob he is.

EasternWest
03-06-2022, 07:38 PM

So if we pick up Logue then there'll never be any whining about Callan Ward being a traitor again, right?

jeemak
03-06-2022, 07:58 PM
So if we pick up Logue then there'll never be any whining about Callan Ward being a traitor again, right?

Don't be silly! That greedy bastard wanted two houses!

EasternWest
03-06-2022, 09:21 PM
Don't be silly! That greedy bastard wanted two houses!

He had a go. He got a go. Scomo would be proud

Happy Days
04-06-2022, 12:44 PM

Bro what did I say about football being subjective?

Also I am not going to go back to check my posts about Ward because I would’ve been 19 and it would be so cringe but my recollection is that I was always more cut at James Fantasia than him.

EasternWest
04-06-2022, 03:48 PM
Bro what did I say about football being subjective?

Also I am not going to go back to check my posts about Ward because I would’ve been 19 and it would be so cringe but my recollection is that I was always more cut at James Fantasia than him.

Yeah man it's not you who has persistently called him a traitor etc

ReLoad
05-06-2022, 10:59 PM
How much is Dunkley worth this trade period? Asking for a friend.

GVGjr
05-06-2022, 11:09 PM

Should be a 1st and a 3rd rounder but perhaps more likely 2 x 2nd rounders.

jeemak
05-06-2022, 11:09 PM

Probably not as much as he was last time a visionary poster suggested he be moved on.........

Happy Days
05-06-2022, 11:17 PM
Is he worth as much as Zach Reid? Because if he is maybe we should think about maybe thinking about it.

bornadog
09-06-2022, 10:44 AM
RIVALS QUEUING UP FOR MCSTAY (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2022-clubs-interested-in-dan-mcstay-offers-suitors-collingwood-melbourne-western-bulldogs-fremantle-andrew-mcgrath-future/news-story/957eab608510cc652756c9e955ba239c)

Brisbane Lions’ Dan McStay has “significant interest” from rival clubs, with Collingwood, Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle all circling the key forward, according to Triple M’s Jay Clark.

It’s previously been reported that the Magpies were keen on the Victorian, who can become a free agent at season’s end.

Clark reported that the Lions have been “spooked” by the level of demand in McStay, having upped their offer to the 26-year old.

“Maybe they misread the play six months ago, because there was only a three-year deal on the table initially, now they’ve gone to a five-year deal, he said on Triple M’s Rush Hour.

“However, I think that there is a $600,000, five-year deal on the table for Dan McStay to leave.

“Looking squarely at Collingwood here. Remember they missed out on Tom Lynch who went to Richmond a few years ago. I think McStay is certainly in Collingwood’s frame.”

McStay is coming off a career-best 2021 season where he booted 28 goals including 15 majors from Rounds 16 to 22 after Eric Hipwood got struck down with an ACL injury.

He’s kicked 14 goals from 10 games this year.

Former North Melbourne chairman James Brayshaw believes given his value as a contested-marking key forward who’s in his prime, McStay will receive even more lucrative offers.

“I reckon he’ll get more than that ($600,00 per season) — if he holds the line and doesn’t do anything and keeps playing well,” Brayshaw said.

“Melbourne are a great example — this is the best team in the comp — they can’t get their forward half right. But Freo, if you put a decent forward in front of what they’ve got going, then they are in real good shape.

“You can’t find one who’s played 149 games and is 26. You can draft them, but as you know you’ve got to then put four or five years into them.”

GVGjr
09-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Good player but I wonder if this one really has any legs being linked to us?

The Bulldogs Bite
09-06-2022, 12:54 PM

Reads like a throwaway line doesn't it?

bornadog
09-06-2022, 12:55 PM

Reads like a throwaway line doesn't it?

Why can't we be linked to players? Everyone always complaining we don't chase players, but we do.

GVGjr
09-06-2022, 01:19 PM
Why can't we be linked to players? Everyone always complaining we don't chase players, but we do.

I don't want to get all Dennis Denuto about it but when were were linked to Keath and Bruce it seemed genuine. Trengove and Martin jumped up more during the trade period than mid season speculation.

This one is a touch early to get my hopes up but lets look at it closely. Assuming we are considering him as a forward, we already have Naughton and Bruce then Schache and Marra and even Hannan and Cordy as taller forwards. 5 out of the 6 of them are left footed forwards so do we really need another? Maybe we do. Schache might be gone at the end of the season and we know Cordy is limited so it might open up a spot. Darcy might even start his career as a forward with us.

If we are still being linked to McStay in 6 or 7 weeks time I'll be a lot more interested.

Brisbane have offered a 5 year deal to keep the soon to be 27yo so it's going to have to be something enticing to land him.
Perhaps we see him more as a defender but until things are a bit clearer I'm just an interested watcher.

macca
10-06-2022, 09:56 PM
McStay offers that tall mark option from kickout in the backline. I have seen it a few times , the Lions rely on him to be part of that link chain out of defense. This is something that we are crying out for Schache and Sweet to provide. Also Bevo would love him as he can play multiple positions.

we already have Naughton and Bruce then Schache and Marra and even Hannan and Cordy as taller forwards.

If all of our tall forwards stay fit , not sure if he becomes surplus ?

Would love to have him but the $$$ and to balance the SPP will be a hard one.

jeemak
10-06-2022, 10:30 PM
McStay for five years at six hundred a year is what you would need to pay for a player of his quality and versatility.

We can piss around the edges, sure, but he's actually the guy we've talked about around here for a long time and with Bruce being a couple of years away from retirement would work into our group nicely.

We'll lose one of Dunkley or Smith this year, so we will be able to afford him. Get it done.

EasternWest
10-06-2022, 10:51 PM
McStay for five years at six hundred a year is what you would need to pay for a player of his quality and versatility.

We can piss around the edges, sure, but he's actually the guy we've talked about around here for a long time and with Bruce being a couple of years away from retirement would work into our group nicely.

We'll lose one of Dunkley or Smith this year, so we will be able to afford him. Get it done.

I'm for it.

MrMahatma
11-06-2022, 07:38 AM
Is $600k really that much for a structural guy who would def play every week?

Surely Schache is on $400+ and never gets a game.

GVGjr
11-06-2022, 08:57 AM
Is $600k really that much for a structural guy who would def play every week?

Surely Schache is on $400+ and never gets a game.

I don't think anyone really doubts he's worth that sort of money but it's still a 3M investment if the rumors are correct.
He plays as a forward for Brisbane and next year we will have Naughton, Bruce, Marra and maybe Schache so do we need him as a forward or more as a defender? If it's the latter would he be interested to play as a defender for us?

ReLoad
11-06-2022, 04:41 PM
whats bailey smith worth on the trade table? asking for a friend again.........

Bulldog4life
11-06-2022, 05:51 PM
whats bailey smith worth on the trade table? asking for a friend again.........

The club has to stick with Bailey now more than ever. For his own health sake. No deal for me.

jeemak
12-06-2022, 12:01 AM
At this point it's purely down to Smith and what he wants to do.

We won't let him go and I don't think something that happened six months ago will count against him in his negotiations given his football has been as good as it has.

He's a two first round player after his finals and work this season. Clubs won't pay that, and that's what we'll ask.

GVGjr
12-06-2022, 12:03 AM
A mate think we are interested in getting Finlay Macrae across from Collingwood. Not sure we would be chasing him or not.

jeemak
12-06-2022, 12:18 AM
A mate think we are interested in getting Finlay Macrae across from Collingwood. Not sure we would be chasing him or not.

What does he do on a field apart from being weirdly like Jacko but also weirdly not?

Happy Days
12-06-2022, 12:50 AM

*!*!*!*! it, do it. He’s hot and maybe good, and Jacko is a top 5 bulldog ever so lets make him happy. I honestly think we need midfield depth anyway.

jeemak
12-06-2022, 01:54 AM
*!*!*!*! it, do it. He’s hot and maybe good, and Jacko is a top 5 bulldog ever so lets make him happy. I honestly think we need midfield depth anyway.

We'll be screaming out for it once Dunkley is traded, which is definitely something you've always been an advocate for.

soupman
12-06-2022, 09:55 AM

I was thinking about this the other day.

Has basically not gotten a look in this season after some promising performances last year, I don't think hed cost more than a pick in the 30s, and is a good way at getting a young mid in who is actually a mid and not an undersized one like half our forwardline.

Would also be handy should we lose say Dunkley, and give us better depth in the midfield regardless as Libba declines.

Grantysghost
12-06-2022, 10:11 AM

Has basically not gotten a look in this season after some promising performances last year, I don't think hed cost more than a pick in the 30s, and is a good way at getting a young mid in who is actually a mid and not an undersized one like half our forwardline.

Would also be handy should we lose say Dunkley, and give us better depth in the midfield regardless as Libba declines.

Is he any good?

soupman
12-06-2022, 10:18 AM
Is he any good?

I don't know.

I don't really remember much of what I saw last year except that he moves like Jackson and seems a natural accumulator. I was mainly following him from a fantasy perspective.

My impression is decent size, ok kick but not a weapon, finds the ball, not overly quick. Basically Jackson if he was a second round pick prospect. I suspect he is a pure mid ie. Not overly dangerous as a forward nor pacy enough for half back.

azabob
12-06-2022, 10:35 AM
I’d pass on F Macrae what is his afl elite trait?

Happy Days
12-06-2022, 10:50 AM
We'll be screaming out for it once Dunkley is traded, which is definitely something you've always been an advocate for.

As a non-coward I know I always make my thoughts on everything clear, but I’m not sure where you sit on trading Dunkley?

GVGjr
12-06-2022, 11:23 AM

You're probably right on what he might cost in terms of a trade but is he a genuine midfielder or more of a half forward who takes a turn in the midfield? Perhaps more like a Lipinski than a Dunkley

I think we could find far better midfield replacements if we were to lose Dunks.

I wonder why F.Macrae has dropped back so far this year? 2nd year blues? Or could it be Lipinski has taken the spot he was best suited to?

bornadog
12-06-2022, 02:50 PM

Hey, you had your turn and it didn't work

Mofra
12-06-2022, 04:46 PM
He's got Vezpremi's lungs - just a naturally low capacity (VO2 Max).
Would be a gun in the 80s.

Mofra
12-06-2022, 04:49 PM
Footscray would be pleased.
If Dunks and Treloar aren't getting their full compliment of mid minutes, Finley is no chance. He's ok but right now he's stuck behind Lipinski who is 'ok' but no real loss for us.

Mofra
12-06-2022, 04:50 PM

I agree. People forget just what AFL standard talls actually cost in the open market. He'd be getting paid less than Bruce or Keath on $600k pa.

EasternWest
12-06-2022, 09:59 PM
He's got Vezpremi's lungs - just a naturally low capacity (VO2 Max).
Would be a gun in the 80s.

Vez still may make it though.

jeemak
12-06-2022, 10:15 PM
Vez still may make it though.

He's only 32. Plenty of time.

Mofra
13-06-2022, 10:21 AM
If we miss out on McStay or Cameron - I am one of the few who would be interested in taking Lobb off Freo's hands if they really are letting him go.

Happy Days
13-06-2022, 11:07 AM
If we miss out on McStay or Cameron - I am one of the few who would be interested in taking Lobb off Freo's hands if they really are letting him go.

Lobb is exactly what we need, a better all round aerial threat who is capable of genuine ruck support (to be honest he’s probably a better tap ruckman than Tim is). I’d look at him over McStay for sure, especially if they’re at comparable money.

Scraggers
13-06-2022, 12:04 PM

We should look at this other bloke Collingwood have got ... Lipinski. He's had a great season and would give us midfield depth.

Happy Days
13-06-2022, 12:06 PM
We should look at this other bloke Collingwood have got ... Lipinski. He's had a great season and would give us midfield depth.

If I’ve been consistent on anything it’s my belief in letting Lipinski go being a big stuff up. For whatever reason his leash was significantly shorter than everyone else’s.

Scraggers
13-06-2022, 12:13 PM
If I’ve been consistent on anything it’s my belief in letting Lipinski go being a big stuff up. For whatever reason his leash was significantly shorter than everyone else’s.

It is such a shame that we are now looking for midfield back up when we had a ready-made in our midst.

Bulldog4life
13-06-2022, 12:18 PM
It is such a shame that we are now looking for midfield back up when we had a ready-made in our midst.

But he didn't want to be a back up. He has now found his niche in the Collingwood midfield.

Grantysghost
13-06-2022, 01:00 PM

Agree. Didn't fit Bevo's mould of a player unfortunately but I really like him.

jazzadogs
13-06-2022, 01:09 PM
But he didn't want to be a back up. He has now found his niche in the Collingwood midfield.

I don't understand why this is so hard to see. He is in Collingwood's starting midfield. He was not going to be in our starting midfield for at least a few years - we have had 2-3 years of rotating Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith through the middle exclusively. That's not about Bevo playing favourites, it's about him playing the best players.

I liked Lipinski, I would have loved him to stay, but why would you stay somewhere as the 8th best mid when you could go and be the 2nd or 3rd best somewhere else, probably on better money...it's the same argument for why Dunkley looked to leave.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 01:26 PM
I don't understand why this is so hard to see. He is in Collingwood's starting midfield. He was not going to be in our starting midfield for at least a few years - we have had 2-3 years of rotating Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith through the middle exclusively. That's not about Bevo playing favourites, it's about him playing the best players.

I liked Lipinski, I would have loved him to stay, but why would you stay somewhere as the 8th best mid when you could go and be the 2nd or 3rd best somewhere else, probably on better money...it's the same argument for why Dunkley looked to leave.

I think we could have found a meaningful spot for Lipinski. As for playing the best players, R.Smith was at times preferred and the likes of Hayes.

Just on Dunks, you might be underestimating the way we used him as a ruckman as in his decision to test the waters and if we were to lose him at the end of the year it will likely be a significant gap in our playing list and one that the likes of Lipinski would have been ideal to fill it.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 01:41 PM

100% correct Jazzadogs. We don't need midfield depth at all. We have guys like West and Garcia waiting to get in there.

We need to be looking for a key quality backman and a second mobile ruck who can play forward and get his hands on the ball.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 01:42 PM
100% correct Jazzadogs. We don't need midfield depth at all. We have guys like West and Garcia waiting to get in there.

We need to be looking for a key quality backman and a second mobile ruck who can play forward and get his hands on the ball.

Is this any different to our requirements in the trade period last year?

soupman
13-06-2022, 01:54 PM
We can do both. We can get both a young mid with 2 years in the AFL system under his belt and also get players who fill more pressing needs.

If we think he is talented, and can get him at an affordable price that doesn't impact the rest of our list composition, then I see no reason not to be doing it.

As for West and Garcia having his role already. Well this is the first time we've seen fit to give West an extended run at it basically ever, and Garcia is super injury prone. They are hardly the two most bankable mid prospects, and both also lack the size Macrae offers.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Is this any different to our requirements in the trade period last year?

Probably not. I know the club was trying, to get players but with no currency it is difficult.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 01:58 PM
As for West and Garcia having his role already. Well this is the first time we've seen fit to give West an extended run at it basically ever, and Garcia is super injury prone. They are hardly the two most bankable mid prospects, and both also lack the size Macrae offers.

So are you saying West and Garcia won't make it as midfielders and we should look elsewhere?

McComb is also a midfielder and has shown at least at VFL level, he can get alot of the ball. Early days whether he can make it as an AFL player

soupman
13-06-2022, 02:12 PM
So are you saying West and Garcia won't make it as midfielders and we should look elsewhere?

McComb is also a midfielder and has shown at least at VFL level, he can get alot of the ball. Early days whether he can make it as an AFL player

I'm not saying they won't make it but I don't really think they are bankable in the slightest.

I've been pleased with West's efforts these last few weeks after basically writing him off but I still think he is undersized for a pure mid role and regardless is gonna have to work pretty hard just to be a regular player. And besides my point isn't that he isn't talented enough, more we have refused to play him more than occasionally until now (and even then how safe is his spot) so much like Young its irrelevant how good he can be if we don't want to put the time in.

Garcia could have all the talent in the world, but is so injury prone that he's at best a 5050 shot of getting a good enough run for us to figure that out. Many more talented prospects have not made it in the same circumstances, Morabito a good example from Freo, even Tom Williams with us.

If you are banking on either of them to be our next generation of mids id be worried.

As for McComb he is fine but not sure he has shown he is capable of being anything more than depth, and at his age isn't exactly the next generation either.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 02:27 PM
Probably not. I know the club was trying, to get players but with no currency it is difficult.

Makes losing Young sting just that bit more.

Mofra
13-06-2022, 02:28 PM
Say what?

Take out Baz and we're still playing Dunks and Treloar as high forwards, and Rhylee West who is a contested animal hasn't had a single CBA that I can recall

bornadog
13-06-2022, 02:30 PM
Makes losing Young sting just that bit more.

Isn't Young more a intercept player?

We need a good one on one player who can go up against the Lynches, Kings etc of the world.

Mofra
13-06-2022, 02:36 PM
I've been pleased with West's efforts these last few weeks after basically writing him off but I still think he is undersized for a pure mid role and regardless is gonna have to work pretty hard just to be a regular player.
We seem to love a tougher nut HF or two and right now I'd say West is leading the pack.
I don't buy the size argument - he's bigger than Neale/Gresham the the same size as Rowell, Josh Ward, and the Crouch brothers. If you're big enough, you're good enough.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 02:40 PM
Isn't Young more a intercept player?

We need a good one on one player who can go up against the Lynches, Kings etc of the world.

We said the same when Keath arrived at the club and he is our primary lock down player on the opposition key forwards.
Young is playing more 1 v 1 with Carlton. It's good to be able to do both.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 02:43 PM
We said the same when Keath arrived at the club and he is our primary lock down player on the opposition key forwards.
Young is playing more 1 v 1 with Carlton. It's good to be able to do both.

Keath plays that role out of necessity and is only average at doing it.

We need a 200cm lockdown fullback.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 03:54 PM

I'm not as hung up on the height aspect. A good player can cover for a perceived lack of height.
Freo have a good back line because of the structure and aside of Pearce it's still big enough to cover the opposition.

Happy Days
13-06-2022, 04:09 PM
Steve May, comfortably the best key defender in the AFL, is what 190cm? Maybe less?

bornadog
13-06-2022, 04:30 PM
Steve May, comfortably the best key defender in the AFL, is what 190cm? Maybe less?

I will say some are extra good in the role, but put these guys up against the monster forwards and it is a different story.

I am not saying they have to be exactly 200cm, but the taller than better.

G-Mo77
13-06-2022, 04:43 PM

They really mustn't of tried too hard. Numerous backup rucks were on the market in the off-season, we didn't seem to make a play at any of them and then let a back up KPD go for almost nothing. Getting points for Darcy hamstrung us a lot and we would have need to be creative, if we were serious and IMO we weren't, we would have got a backup ruckman.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 04:46 PM

He's listed on the Melbourne FC at 193cm. He's tall enough because he is good enough. I've also seen him listed at 190cm.

I don't think getting a 200cm defender who is just average is the answer. Happy to consider players substantially shorter than that if they're effective.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 07:32 PM
He's listed on the Melbourne FC at 193cm. He's tall enough because he is good enough. I've also seen him listed at 190cm.

I don't think getting a 200cm defender who is just average is the answer. Happy to consider players substantially shorter than that if they're effective.

Who wants a 200cm average defender?

We have to get a quality defender.

jeemak
13-06-2022, 07:40 PM

According to the Melbourne web site he's 193cm, and looks every bit of it on TV.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 08:06 PM

I will say some are extra good in the role, but put these guys up against the monster forwards and it is a different story.

I am not saying they have to be exactly 200cm, but the taller than better.

Who wants a 200cm average defender?

We have to get a quality defender.

You've mentioned it few times.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 08:08 PM
You've mentioned it few times.

Never said AVERAGE

Yes 200cm plus, QUALITY

jazzadogs
13-06-2022, 09:32 PM
I think we could have found a meaningful spot for Lipinski. As for playing the best players, R.Smith was at times preferred and the likes of Hayes.

Just on Dunks, you might be underestimating the way we used him as a ruckman as in his decision to test the waters and if we were to lose him at the end of the year it will likely be a significant gap in our playing list and one that the likes of Lipinski would have been ideal to fill it.

Roarke and Hayes were playing a very specific wing role which Lipinski wasn't able to play effectively. His best AFL quality role was/is as a centre bounce mid.

I think the argument for keeping Young (did we ever see a 3 pronged defence of Keath, Gardner and Young?) is much stronger than the argument for keeping Lipinski, as there was much less chance of Pat breaking in to the 22. Young should have been playing ahead of Gardner, but I think it was work ethic rather than coach's favourites that kept him out.

GVGjr
13-06-2022, 09:58 PM
Never said AVERAGE

Yes 200cm plus, QUALITY

I'll leave it here but your 3rd post mentioned quality, the two prior to that focused on the height more than the quality of the player.
Have a quick look at your comments on the Logue speculation. You dismissed him outright due to his height and never mentioned his ability.
No one is saying you don't expect a level of ability but the fixation on the height first is what I'm challenging.

bornadog
13-06-2022, 11:55 PM
I'll leave it here but your 3rd post mentioned quality, the two prior to that focused on the height more than the quality of the player.
Have a quick look at your comments on the Logue speculation. You dismissed him outright due to his height and never mentioned his ability.
No one is saying you don't expect a level of ability but the fixation on the height first is what I'm challenging.

The quality comment is several pages back - refer post number 147, so you are incorrect. I have said all along we need a quality back man and I prefer someone with height. Height is not first or second.
I have never ever said average.

Today, I watched Mason Cox just reach over the Lever (194cm) and just take the ball. I am actually sick of seeing these tall forwards out mark our midgets.

Grantysghost
14-06-2022, 10:10 AM
The quality comment is several pages back - refer post number 147, so you are incorrect. I have said all along we need a quality back man and I prefer someone with height. Height is not first or second.

Today, I watched Mason Cox just reach over the Lever (194cm) and just take the ball. I am actually sick of seeing these tall forwards out mark our midgets.

Lever isn't a good one on one defender imo. He's a brilliant reader of the play and intercept mark but take out May and he struggles.

bornadog
14-06-2022, 10:12 AM
Lever isn't a good one on one defender imo. He's a brilliant reader of the play and intercept mark but take out May and he struggles.

Just an example of big forwards and small defenders.

Grantysghost
14-06-2022, 10:15 AM
Just an example of big forwards and small defenders.

I'm not getting into this argument haha :)

Sedat
14-06-2022, 12:21 PM
If only May's hamstring was ripped off the bone in the first 10 mins of the GF by a couple of hard and fast Naughton leads.

Mantis
14-06-2022, 01:42 PM

Which opposition tall forwards have ‘out-reached’ our midget defenders this year? I know we struggled against Port’s height as we had some in game injuries, but I can’t think of many of examples.

azabob
14-06-2022, 01:44 PM
[/B]

Which opposition tall forwards have ‘out-reached’ our midget defenders this year? I know we struggled against Port’s height as we had some in game injuries, but I can’t think of many of examples.

A lot of our defensive issues are due to our midfileders and their ability to defend and put pressure on the ball carrier.

bornadog
14-06-2022, 01:52 PM
[/B]

I am talking not only this year but over a number of years and looking at future.

When you have Full forwards around that 200cm plus mark like, Tom Lynch, the King brothers, Hawkins, Cameron, McKay, Hipwood a shorter Fullback will always struggle.

This year:

Round 1: Ben Brown 8 Marks, 3 goals
Round 2: McKay 12 marks 4 goals
Round 3: Franklin 7 marks 2 goals
Round 4: Tom Lynch 5 marks 4 goals
Round 5: Nick Larkey 7 marks 4 goals
Round 6: Taylor Walker, although 194cm 7 Marks, 3 goals
Round 7, Peter Wright, 4marks, 4 goals
Round 8 Jeremy Finlason, 7 marks, 3 goals
Round 12 Hawkins 12 marks, 2 goals, Cameron 7 marks, 6 goals

We also had darling at 192cm marking everything that came near him -8 marks, 4 goals. Also v Suns, Jeffrey at 192cm, 5 marks, 5 goals.

This is a real worry.

bornadog
14-06-2022, 01:54 PM
A lot of our defensive issues are due to our midfileders and their ability to defend and put pressure on the ball carrier.

You can't blame the mids for everything.

GVGjr
14-06-2022, 02:01 PM

It's going to happen from time to time but it's a questionable observation.
We have 2 defenders x 197cm and if we had kept Young it would have been 3.
We now have 2 x 193cm defenders and TOB is quite athletic and of course Cordy is experienced but is struggling.
From a pure height perspective it shouldn't be a problem but we missed our chance to replace or keep Young and I think an injury here and there has tested us. It was always going to and many of us pointed this out over the last couple of years.
Carlton have had similar injury challenges to key defenders if not more injury challenges and lost Jones before the start of the season and Young has stepped up for them.

If we balance the list and address the gaps we don't necessarily need to have to add a player at a certain height. If Logue is good enough, not sure if he is, I'm not fussed that he is around 193cm especially given he is athletic.
I've watched a fair bit of Fremantle and with Logue playing forward Pearce is their tallest defender but along with 194cm Brennan Cox and 186cm Luke Ryan aren't getting toweled up or out marked too often.

azabob
14-06-2022, 02:57 PM
You can't blame the mids for everything.

I can try.

Mantis
14-06-2022, 06:25 PM
I am talking not only this year but over a number of years and looking at future.

When you have Full forwards around that 200cm plus mark like, Tom Lynch, the King brothers, Hawkins, Cameron, McKay, Hipwood a shorter Fullback will always struggle.

This year:

We also had darling at 192cm marking everything that came near him -8 marks, 4 goals. Also v Suns, Jeffrey at 192cm, 5 marks, 5 goals.

This is a real worry.

If only we had a 200+ cm KD on our list rather than giving him away for a bag of chips.

And whilst we do struggle for key defenders I’m not sure height is the deciding factor… talent makes up for inches.

bornadog
14-06-2022, 08:08 PM
If only we had a 200+ cm KD on our list rather than giving him away for a bag of chips.

And whilst we do struggle for key defenders I’m not sure height is the deciding factor… talent makes up for inches.

I don't want to go and get an ordinary backman, we have enough.

Yes inches shouldn't be a factor over talent, look at Young, I want both, talent and inches.

Darcy Moore is the type of FB that should be the standard, or Harris Andrews. The trouble is where do you get one?

Grantysghost
14-06-2022, 08:13 PM

Yes inches shouldn't be a factor over talent, look at Young, I want both, talent and inches.

Darcy Moore is the type of FB that should be the standard, or Harris Andrews. The trouble is where do you get one?

You don't, generally you have to develop them.

May and Dougal Howard are two that spring to mind as trades.

mjp
15-06-2022, 10:45 AM

This year:

This is a real worry.

May might be a peanut but pretty sure he is 191cm and competes with the players listed above no problem.

Why is height the deciding factor when it comes to identifying players capable of competing vs opposition talls?

1/. Player needs to have a physical element to his game - willing to engage/move their opponent with their body.
2/. Capable of playing from in front or behind with the capacity to read the ball in the air/take marks. The forward needs to be challenge to spoil when out of position vs flying at 'everything'.
3/. Needs to be a threat in transition and able to drag the forward out of the way/up the ground.

Lastly (actually, probably firstly) the defensive scheme needs to allow a tall defender to compete vs their forward with the support of a secondary intercept player/forward.

I think you should ask first off whether our scheme allows the players to compete one-v-one it (sort of doesn't) and whether stopping oppo individuals from scoring is really a priority vs limiting overall scoring shots.

Does it matter if Cameron has 10 shots on goal if Geelong only have 12 is what I mean here?

I don't mean to disagree with you BAD but 200cm is not a prereq.

soupman
15-06-2022, 10:48 AM

Jesus aim low BAD.

If thats the standard of backman we have to get to be worthy of trying, then we better start developing them from scratch. That would've ruled out Keath's recruitment.

How often does a defender of that quality move? Lever and May are the only two that spring to mind and the both cost a fortune and neither was the quality they are now when they moved.

Happy Days
15-06-2022, 10:54 AM
I actually think Collingwood would entertain moving more but at his price and contract length I don’t think I’d want him. He’s largely been horrible this year.

bornadog
15-06-2022, 11:42 AM
Jesus aim low BAD.

If thats the standard of backman we have to get to be worthy of trying, then we better start developing them from scratch. That would've ruled out Keath's recruitment.

How often does a defender of that quality move? Lever and May are the only two that spring to mind and the both cost a fortune and neither was the quality they are now when they moved.

I can dream can't I? :D

bornadog
15-06-2022, 11:44 AM
May might be a peanut but pretty sure he is 191cm and competes with the players listed above no problem.

Why is height the deciding factor when it comes to identifying players capable of competing vs opposition talls?

1/. Player needs to have a physical element to his game - willing to engage/move their opponent with their body.
2/. Capable of playing from in front or behind with the capacity to read the ball in the air/take marks. The forward needs to be challenge to spoil when out of position vs flying at 'everything'.
3/. Needs to be a threat in transition and able to drag the forward out of the way/up the ground.

Lastly (actually, probably firstly) the defensive scheme needs to allow a tall defender to compete vs their forward with the support of a secondary intercept player/forward.

I think you should ask first off whether our scheme allows the players to compete one-v-one it (sort of doesn't) and whether stopping oppo individuals from scoring is really a priority vs limiting overall scoring shots.

Does it matter if Cameron has 10 shots on goal if Geelong only have 12 is what I mean here?

All good points, and I can't disagree with someone who knows more about footy than I do.

All I see is the youth of today are getting taller and taller, they are faster and faster, and agile.

mjp
15-06-2022, 08:39 PM
All good points, and I can't disagree with someone who knows more about footy than I do.

All I see is the youth of today are getting taller and taller, they are faster and faster, and agile.

#1 - I 100% don't know more about footy than you and it is dubious right now if I know more about footy than a pot-plant.
#2 - Getting taller and taller and faster and more agile and whatever. Good players find a way. If it was all about athleticism Daniel Bandy would have been inducted into the HoF last night. There's more too it than that in every sport and setting physical 'limits' on who can play where is crazy.

jeemak
15-06-2022, 09:07 PM

It's an established fact Steve May is either 190cm or 193cm. Suggesting he might be 191cm is just leading with the chin.

bornadog
16-06-2022, 03:25 PM
Alex Pearce offered a new 3 year contract - someone we could have targeted, although injury history is bad.

GOLDY STILL TO MAKE CALL ON FUTURE

NORTH Melbourne veteran Todd Goldstein insists he has not yet had any conversations about his future at the Arden Street club, but has revealed he wants to play on into a 17th AFL season next year.

Goldstein is uncontracted beyond season 2022, though rival clubs have already started linking the 201cm ruckman with a move away from the rebuilding Kangaroos to prolong his career at the campaign's end.

Set to turn 34 next month, Goldstein remains one of the AFL's premier tap ruckmen and believes he still has plenty left in the tank for at least another year of football after playing every game so far this season.

"At this point, I definitely want to play on," Goldstein told AFL.com.au. "I'm definitely keen to play on. But everyone has a line. My family has to be happy for me to continue playing and a lot of other factors come into it, but at this point I definitely think I've got a lot more to give."

Goldstein is yet to decide whether he will continue his career at North Melbourne, though, with the club continuing to take a firm focus on rejuvenating its playing list after a disappointing 1-12 start to the season.

Hotdog60
16-06-2022, 07:13 PM
Can someone get Happy Days a towel.

Happy Days
16-06-2022, 11:09 PM
Can someone get Happy Days a towel.

Its too late for Goldy. He would’ve worked as a genuine number one with Tim as a forward, but now with Tim more or less established as a first ruck we need a Lobb type. Goldy’s been playing this role more or less all season for North and has never looked worse.

macca
17-06-2022, 12:04 AM
Its too late for Goldy. He would’ve worked as a genuine number one with Tim as a forward, but now with Tim more or less established as a first ruck we need a Lobb type. Goldy’s been playing this role more or less all season for North and has never looked worse.

I wonder if Goldy is asking for 2 more years , so he can stay a 1 club player ? His stuck in a wooden spooner team until he finishes.

or.... betray loyalty and come play for a top4 team contending ?

I really wished we picked him up 2 years ago. 32 years old for a fit and durable ruckman is a good fit, they are few and far between.

Sedat
17-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Dunstall and Lockett would look bad inside F50 for the Kangaroos this season. The ball hardly ever gets in there, and when it does the delivery is awful.

Goldy is still close to optimum. We need someone ready-made for the next 2 years, that's for sure. Any injury to English and we would be horribly exposed. If not Goldy, happy enough with Lobb but he would come at a significantly higher cost.

bornadog
17-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Dunstall and Lockett would look bad inside F50 for the Kangaroos this season. The ball hardly ever gets in there, and when it does the delivery is awful.

Goldy is still close to optimum. We need someone ready-made for the next 2 years, that's for sure. Any injury to English and we would be horribly exposed. If not Goldy, happy enough with Lobb but he would come at a significantly higher cost.

How would you see the split in the ruck, if Goldy was with us?

Sedat
17-06-2022, 11:32 AM
How would you see the split in the ruck, if Goldy was with us?
Probably 70/30 English/Goldy. Depending on the opposition, some weeks Goldy would do close to 50% and other weeks he may not even be selected.

bornadog
20-06-2022, 01:38 PM
Fremantle have offered Luke Jackson a seven-year, 10.5 million dollar contract, per Peter Sumich.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 01:50 PM
Fremantle have offered Luke Jackson a seven-year, 10.5 million dollar contract, per Peter Sumich.

If true, he'd be mad not to take it. He's already got a flag, a chance to win a 2nd and potentially goes to a team who is around the mark.

This would open up opportunities for other clubs to make a play for Lobb and Logue.

josie
20-06-2022, 01:52 PM

And he is from Freo. Surely he would accept that. Does it mean Freo more likely to lose a decent player or two? Who would we be able to afford to poach?

Thank Gvgjr-you we’re typing answer as I was typing my question. Spooky action at a distance - Einstein would be impressed!!

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 01:59 PM

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/rumour-swirling-afl-rising-star-offered-105m-by-rival-club/news-story/34b471badb51d1ce4df659b79aefd38a

Goooooneski, no way you reject that.

Thank God for him otherwise it would be Naughton or English. WC might still lure one of them with a similar offer.

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 01:59 PM
If true, he'd be mad not to take it. He's already got a flag, a chance to win a 2nd and potentially goes to a team who is around the mark.

This would open up opportunities for other clubs to make a play for Lobb and Logue.

Lobb would definitely be dislodged you'd think.

hujsh
20-06-2022, 02:00 PM
Maybe it's just me but surely there's appeal in being there for a clubs first ever premiership as well?

Happy Days
20-06-2022, 02:01 PM
Sumich is renowned for being totally full of shit right?

azabob
20-06-2022, 02:02 PM

Bro, stop brining the mood down...

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 02:02 PM

What would the trade look like? He'd be worth 2 x 1sts. Can they do that Freo? Maybe a three way with dogs for Lobb our first or something.

soupman
20-06-2022, 02:04 PM
Not that I am particularly worried about it but are others scared of Sydney poaching someone?

Buddy finishes up soon, freeing up a shitload of salary cap space. They typically use that on a marquee player, who is marketable, a matchwinner, well known and one of the best players to watch. I'd imagine Aaron Naughton, Marcus Bontempelli and Bailey Smith would all be pretty high on their list, as they each fill all the above. I don't really see the first two leaving at least but if they go down that path the offer will be generous.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 02:09 PM
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/rumour-swirling-afl-rising-star-offered-105m-by-rival-club/news-story/34b471badb51d1ce4df659b79aefd38a

Goooooneski, no way you reject that.

Thank God for him otherwise it would be Naughton or English. WC might still lure one of them with a similar offer.

Going to West Coast given there current predicament of an ageing list and performing so poorly might not be attractive now but they can throw a bucket of money at someone especially given it's likely to be Kennedy's last season.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 02:13 PM
What would the trade look like? He'd be worth 2 x 1sts. Can they do that Freo? Maybe a three way with dogs for Lobb our first or something.

I don't think Freo will have any currency issues.
Freo is likely to to get a late first for Logue and would get a first rounder for Lobb which would also be more of a salary cap dump.

I just don't get it. Darcy is a good ruckman and Jackson hasn't quite proven himself as a forward. What are they actually gaining?
Is it a ruse to get Melbourne to overpay for Jackson and weaken their list?

Axe Man
20-06-2022, 02:13 PM
That's crazy money for a very promising but not fully proven player. It has the potential to be a Brodie Grundy type salary cap noose around Freo's neck.

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Freo is likely to to get a late first for Logue and would get a first rounder for Lobb which would also be more of a salary cap dump.

I just don't get it. Darcy is a good ruckman and Jackson hasn't quite proven himself as a forward. What are they actually gaining?

I guess they think they can build around him for the next ten years.
Agree it's a risky move but he does look pretty amazing.

hujsh
20-06-2022, 02:28 PM

Are you sure on that one? Pretty sure he's older now than Bruce was when we got him for pick 30ish. Lobb is probably not as good as Bruce but does play an important, in demand role so can see the value equaling out a bit.

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 02:33 PM
Are you sure on that one? Pretty sure he's older now than Bruce was when we got him for pick 30ish. Lobb is probably not as good as Bruce but does play an important, in demand role so can see the value equaling out a bit.

Probably net pick 20-35 for me. As in you might give up a first and get something back.

MrMahatma
20-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Not that I am particularly worried about it but are others scared of Sydney poaching someone?

Buddy finishes up soon, freeing up a shitload of salary cap space. They typically use that on a marquee player, who is marketable, a matchwinner, well known and one of the best players to watch. I'd imagine Aaron Naughton, Marcus Bontempelli and Bailey Smith would all be pretty high on their list, as they each fill all the above. I don't really see the first two leaving at least but if they go down that path the offer will be generous.

Dusty.

azabob
20-06-2022, 03:31 PM

I said a month or two back to a mate Bailey Smith would be perfect for Sydney and its almost like the perfect storm.

Franklin one or two years left
He'd love the quieter non footy lifestyle
Marketing opportunities would be even more endless
Sydney scene seems to suit him well

Worst of all, Sydney are stealth MoFo when it comes to this. Remember everyone thought Franklin was going to GWS!!

azabob
20-06-2022, 03:32 PM
Dusty.

Nope.

Sydney are experts at LOOK OVER HERE, WHILST I SCREW YOU

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 03:32 PM
I said a month or two back to a mate Bailey Smith would be perfect for Sydney and its almost like the perfect storm.

Worst of all, Sydney are stealth MoFo when it comes to this. Remember everyone thought Franklin was going to GWS!!

Trade for Heeney.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 04:40 PM

You might be right, maybe a 2nd rounder. It still doesn't change that they can offer something good for Jackson.

macca
20-06-2022, 04:55 PM

They exploited the salary CAP to get franklin to the max. Not only drafting players stealthily, but with their live trades in one of the last 2 drafts . They are just so good at playing the numbers in shuffling the draft order. Look at all the young kids they got that are playing now !

Even McCartin was a stroke of pure genius. In good faith on talent and that he would heal.
Hickey has come good, amazing money ball pick.

They managed to pick up pull Dawson, Gulden, Ronke, Warner and Papley from out of the blue, just to name a few.

EasternWest
20-06-2022, 05:18 PM
So wait, Luke Jackson is a tRaiToR?

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 05:19 PM

It's a staggering offer if true, I have my doubts that Sumo has got this one right.
I wouldn't go anywhere near that sort of valuation.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 05:30 PM

All good points and if money is his primary interest he might jump at it.
It would be disappointing for us if it panned out that way.

jeemak
20-06-2022, 06:26 PM

What about Bailey Smith has suggested to you he doesn't like being the centre of attention in a football state?

I'd be really surprised if he left his family network, but you never know I guess. If any move was made it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was to a Hawthorn, Richmond or Collingwood due to those clubs being based on the eastern side of town.

azabob
20-06-2022, 06:37 PM
What about Bailey Smith has suggested to you he doesn't like being the centre of attention in a football state?

I'd be really surprised if he left his family network, but you never know I guess. If any move was made it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was to a Hawthorn, Richmond or Collingwood due to those clubs being based on the eastern side of town.

Nothing he has said.

What I'm about to say seems at odds with his marketing endeavors; but I think with his anxiety and mental health concerns he may cope better in a non football state where the spotlight isn't as intense.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 07:06 PM
It's being reported that Collingwood have pulled their Jordan De Goey contract offer.

Collingwood has taken its long-term contract to Jordan De Goey off the table in the wake of his Bali antics. It will meet with the wayward star and decide any potential punishment.

As talented as he is and despite the risks there will be a couple of clubs very interested in him.

macca
20-06-2022, 08:17 PM
It's being reported that Collingwood have pulled their Jordan De Goey contract offer.

Collingwood has taken its long-term contract to Jordan De Goey off the table in the wake of his Bali antics. It will meet with the wayward star and decide any potential punishment.

As talented as he is and despite the risks there will be a couple of clubs very interested in him.

Geez, ironic Syndey was mentioned in this thread earlier. Its a place DeGoey would find less scrutiny. Him and Parker would just cause havoke in the fwd mid half.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 08:39 PM
Geez, ironic Syndey was mentioned in this thread earlier. Its a place DeGoey would find less scrutiny. Him and Parker would just cause havoke in the fwd mid half.

From what I can gather the club would have signed off on his trip away and now they are pulling the contract so they can reassess.
I'm not sure if they could tell him not to go or if assured them he would behave and then didn't but it's a curious situation.

I'm constantly surprised why guys with substantial contracts in front of them can't reel it in so they can maximise their market value.
If he was worth a 5 x 800K deal a few weeks back he might not be worth that now.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 08:45 PM
“Only Collingwood knows the parameters it put in place around De Goey’s behaviour at the start of the year and what behaviour, particularly when it comes to his conduct toward women, would constitute further sanction,” Whateley wrote on SEN’s website.

“He was offered a clean slate and he has squandered it.

“Having spoken with the leaders of other clubs across the weekend, to a person they were resolute they would suspend De Goey.

“Idiotic doesn’t even scratch the surface was the sentiment from more than one current day player.

“Among the questions facing De Goey is how serious is he about his professional football career and the sacrifices that are required?

“The answer to that question will have a major say in his future. I think he is unrecruitable now.

“No club with a straight face could explain to its senior players why you’d be offering a million dollar deal to lure De Goey.

“He’s Collingwood’s asset, he’s Collingwood’s problem and he’s Collingwood’s responsibility.”

AFL commentators agreed De Goey’s trade value has plummeted after his latest off field scandal.

“It certainly puts more seeds of doubt in other clubs that were considering having a crack at him as a free agent and trying to get him to the football club,” Leigh Montagna said on Fox Footy’s First Crack.

bornadog
20-06-2022, 09:07 PM
From what I can gather the club would have signed off on his trip away and now they are pulling the contract so they can reassess.
I'm not sure if they could tell him not to go or if assured them he would behave and then didn't but it's a curious situation.

I'm constantly surprised why guys with substantial contracts in front of them can't reel it in so they can maximise their market value.
If he was worth a 5 x 800K deal a few weeks back he might not be worth that now.

I don't see what the issue is with DeGoey? He went to a night club on his holiday? What is the big deal?

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 09:18 PM
I don't see what the issue is with DeGoey? He went to a night club on his holiday? What is the big deal?

On face value, the club signed off on him going overseas for a break. I assume there is more to it.

bornadog
20-06-2022, 10:04 PM
On face value, the club signed off on him going overseas for a break. I assume there is more to it.

Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliot were also in Bali

chef
20-06-2022, 10:39 PM
Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliot were also in Bali

They behaved like adults though. De Goey should be on his best behaviour atm but still acted like a flog.

FrediKanoute
20-06-2022, 11:02 PM
“Only Collingwood knows the parameters it put in place around De Goey’s behaviour at the start of the year and what behaviour, particularly when it comes to his conduct toward women, would constitute further sanction,” Whateley wrote on SEN’s website.

“Having spoken with the leaders of other clubs across the weekend, to a person they were resolute they would suspend De Goey.

“Idiotic doesn’t even scratch the surface was the sentiment from more than one current day player.

“Among the questions facing De Goey is how serious is he about his professional football career and the sacrifices that are required?

“The answer to that question will have a major say in his future. I think he is unrecruitable now.

“No club with a straight face could explain to its senior players why you’d be offering a million dollar deal to lure De Goey.

“He’s Collingwood’s asset, he’s Collingwood’s problem and he’s Collingwood’s responsibility.”

AFL commentators agreed De Goey’s trade value has plummeted after his latest off field scandal.

“It certainly puts more seeds of doubt in other clubs that were considering having a crack at him as a free agent and trying to get him to the football club,” Leigh Montagna said on Fox Footy’s First Crack.

This is dribble.....unrecruitable...pah!

bornadog
20-06-2022, 11:54 PM
They behaved like adults though. De Goey should be on his best behaviour atm but still acted like a flog.

Sorry I still don't get it? Breaking news player goes to night club and mucks about with some girls? Unless he has broken any club protocols, this is just a media beatup

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Sorry I still don't get it? Breaking news player goes to night club and mucks about with some girls? Unless he has broken any club protocols, this is just a media beatup

I guess the fact it's being discussed here is the point. People love a controversy.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what they do in their spare time if they present match ready and it's legal.

Reports of trying to pull a girls top down aren't flash if true however.

GVGjr
21-06-2022, 12:37 AM
I guess the fact it's being discussed here is the point. People love a controversy.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what they do in their spare time if they present match ready and it's legal.

Reports of trying to pull a girls top down aren't flash if true however.

Maybe, but isn't the contention that he is seen as tugging at a woman’s top in the video as you have highlighted?
While the lady in question has come out and said she was not offended by it I'm not sure it's a good look for a club where 50% of the members would be women and the fact they have an AFLW side. Some of the calls on talk back radio today from ladies indicated they weren't happy with it. (I heard two of them) Would it even be a discussion if the lady in question had have been offended by it?
I think he would have been stood down straight away.

Given what happened in New York, it seems that he is a slow learner.

I get you should be able to go away and have fun but to some extent he is pushing the limits.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 12:57 AM
Maybe, but isn't the contention that he is seen as tugging at a woman’s top in the video as you have highlighted?
While the lady in question has come out and said she was not offended by it I'm not sure it's a good look for a club where 50% of the members would be women and the fact they have an AFLW side. Some of the calls on talk back radio today from ladies indicated they weren't happy with it. (I heard two of them) Would it even be a discussion if the lady in question had have been offended by it?
I think he would have been stood down straight away.

Given what happened in New York, it seems that he is a slow learner.

I get you should be able to go away and have fun but to some extent he is pushing the limits.

Ergh, I don't know to be honest. I'm over outrage culture if it was two adults having some fun why do I care granted it's legal.
The top incident doesn't sit well with me but I'm not going to be offended on her behalf.
I agree with you the "optics" aren't great considering his recent past and everyone is bloody paparazzi these days!

Mofra
21-06-2022, 10:42 AM

I've seen calls for us to look at Sam Collins from GCS.

He's 194cm, he measures his time trial via sun dial, and he's an ok kick at best.

He's also a very good fullback.

If you're good enough, you're tall enough.
FWIW we've been into Jack Paine the past few years - 197cm and 105kg. Big boy and has played both ends this year

Bulldog4life
21-06-2022, 10:43 AM

The lewd action with his fingers and tongue would be offensive to a lot of women I would think.

Axe Man
21-06-2022, 10:53 AM

He's 194cm, he measures his time trial via sun dial, and he's an ok kick at best.

He would be a great lockdown defender, just ask Naughton. But he's contracted until the end of 2025.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 10:54 AM

If you're good enough, you're tall enough.
FWIW we've been into Jack Paine the past few years - 197cm and 105kg. Big boy and has played both ends this year

He's from Whitefriars we may lose Jeemak, it's not worth it.

Happy Days
21-06-2022, 10:58 AM
Collins irrationally pissed me off bragging about his “complete defensive performance” in a game that his team lost.

He’s great one on one but I’d also question his leg speed to go with some of the more dynamic key forwards. Plus would be really surprised if he left anyway.

chef
21-06-2022, 11:01 AM

I guess after the summer he had and looking for a new contract he may not want to act like a *!*!*!*! wit. Seemed pretty degrading to women to me but boys will be boys I guess.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 11:09 AM
I guess after the summer he had and looking for a new contract he may not want to act like a *!*!*!*! wit. Seemed pretty degrading to women to me but boys will be boys I guess.

If Angry Anderson's prepared to make a song about it, it must be true.

Sedat
21-06-2022, 12:32 PM
If Angry Anderson's prepared to make a song about it, it must be true.
Choirboys. You got your bogan royalty mixed up ;)

Scraggers
21-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Choirboys. You got your bogan royalty mixed up ;)

Sacrilege

jeemak
21-06-2022, 12:41 PM
Sin bin material.

azabob
21-06-2022, 02:14 PM
Sin bin material.

You or Sedat for knowing?

Mitcha
21-06-2022, 02:25 PM

Reeks of Essendon, no morals and would enable them to win trade week no matter the cost. Mate for another flat track bully in Stronger, 2 blokes who try when they feel like it. Get it done Dodo.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 02:46 PM
He's from Whitefriars we may lose Jeemak, it's not worth it.

What's wrong with Whitefriars?