PDA

View Full Version : Your verdict on Dean Solomon?

Dry Rot
26-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Did Wakelin duck into that and it was just a good hip and shoulder?

LostDoggy
26-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Hit a pies players and you should get a medal.

GVGjr
26-03-2008, 09:53 AM
It's only his priors that have sentenced him. In hindsight given the way the game is trending towards, hits Gia should have got 6 weeks for his hit on Kosi a couple of seasons back.

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I have no idea what you are allowed to do anymore.

It was high, certainly, but if Wakelin didn't buckle at the knees it would have been OK.

I swear you get a free against you for looking nasty (Harris copped one in front of the interchange on Sunday where they paid a free against him for looking menacing)

GVGjr
26-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I have no idea what you are allowed to do anymore.

It was high, certainly, but if Wakelin didn't buckle at the knees it would have been OK.

I swear you get a free against you for looking nasty (Harris copped one in front of the interchange on Sunday where they paid a free against him for looking menacing)

I think its the media setting the agenda for the rules committees. Solomon should have just got some points racked up.

Topdog
26-03-2008, 10:13 AM
It's actually pretty similar to an NRL hit that is being challenged tonight. I look forward to seeing what the NRL do.

It was pretty clear that Wakelin went down into Solomon's hip and shoulder.

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2008, 02:20 PM
It's actually pretty similar to an NRL hit that is being challenged tonight. I look forward to seeing what the NRL do.

It was pretty clear that Wakelin went down into Solomon's hip and shoulder.

If you mean the Ben Ross hit on Cooper Cronk they were nothing alike!

Ross hit Cronk with a forearm, late. He should get 12 weeks!

westdog54
26-03-2008, 02:37 PM
If you mean the Ben Ross hit on Cooper Cronk they were nothing alike!

Ross hit Cronk with a forearm, late. He should get 12 weeks!

Different incident, involving a broncos player I believe

Topdog
27-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Yep involving Carmichael Hunt....and he was cleared.

Ross is nothing alike, you are right. That was a shocker and he got 7 weeks.

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Saw the Carmichael Hunt one last night, very similar. The NRL do their tribunal way better than we do.

LostDoggy
27-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Saw the Carmichael Hunt one last night, very similar. The NRL do their tribunal way better than we do.

Almost anything is better than the AFL one.
All people want is consistency but the AFL don't believe in that.

hujsh
27-03-2008, 04:31 PM
It's only his priors that have sentenced him. In hindsight given the way the game is trending towards, hits Gia should have got 6 weeks for his hit on Kosi a couple of seasons back.

Really? I know I'm bias but it seemed a legit hit but the heads crashed

Twodogs
27-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Yep involving Carmichael Hunt....and he was cleared.

Ross is nothing alike, you are right. That was a shocker and he got 7 weeks.

Do you think his parents were going to call him Michael, stopped and thought about what the abbrevation would be, and decided to bung the in the 'Car' prefix just to be on the safe side?

First time I heard the commentaters say his name I thought they were taking the piss.

The Coon Dog
27-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Do you think his parents were going to call him Michael, stopped and thought about what the abbrevation would be, and decided to bung the in the 'Car' prefix just to be on the safe side?

First time I heard the commentaters say his name I thought they were taking the piss.

Was funny way back when in 'Porky's'!

hujsh
27-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Was funny way back when in 'Porky's'!

Oh now i get it:D