PDA

View Full Version : Three things you've learnt round 15 2022 v Hawthorn

Twodogs
23-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Golly it's round 15 already. This week I've found out how quickly time flies these days.

Tell us three things you've learnt tonight.

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 10:01 PM
Bump

westbulldog
24-06-2022, 11:05 PM
1. Weightman probably should have been rested.
2, Aaron Naughton is very protective of his headband.
3. With more aggression Josh Schache could be a very valuable player, certainly has the ability.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2022, 11:07 PM
1. West is becoming a real threat. Offers plenty offensively and defensively at the moment.

2. Crozier is cooked and McNeil isn't up to it. Add McComb but I knew these things already. I hope our MC realise it.

3. Libba is still king. What a player.

bornadog
24-06-2022, 11:07 PM
1. Sicily is still a flog

2. Libba is so important to the team

3. Three pronged Talls is working

Mutz
24-06-2022, 11:11 PM
3. With more aggression Josh Schache could be a very valuable player, certainly has the ability.
Schache certainly showed more aggro tonight, marking, in ruck duels and even strong sticking tackles. But I've seen it before so fear it is fool's gold - sigh!

DOG GOD
24-06-2022, 11:15 PM
1. Our backline continues to be our Achilles heel.
2. Sign West for 4 years
3. When Libba is on, he’s an unstoppable beast

Bullies
25-06-2022, 12:30 AM
1. West is becoming a real threat. Offers plenty offensively and defensively at the moment.

2. Crozier is cooked and McNeil isn't up to it. Add McComb but I knew these things already. I hope our MC realise it.

3. Libba is still king. What a player. Crozier has been cooked for 2 years so it was a surprise he was picked. McComb it is staggering he still in the team.

GVGjr
25-06-2022, 12:32 AM
Crozier has been cooked for 2 years so it was a surprise he was picked. McComb it is staggering he still in the team.

Who are you replacing these two with?

FrediKanoute
25-06-2022, 01:58 AM
1. West is a gem playing a role he is not really made for. A midfield spot beckons;

2. Libba is a gun! Still has guts, determination and above all the ability to find, extract and move the pill along;

3. JUH had a really good game and could have been better had he kicked straight

azabob
25-06-2022, 08:27 AM
1. JJ still has something to offer our team. I had him gone at the end of the year.

2. JUH is getting fitter and bigger. Now he is able to play the CHF role and not fade as the game wares on

3. What I don’t know is why have our starts to games become so poor? It use to be a strength. It’s cost us 3 games at least this year.

AshMac
25-06-2022, 08:52 AM
1. Libba is our barometer

2. Starting to get a glimpse of jamarras potential now - the marks, ground work etc. needs a bigger tank and bit more bulk

3. Rhylee West has arrived. If I squint I could swear I’m watching his old man when he is in traffic

jeemak
25-06-2022, 09:39 AM
1. JJ still has something to offer our team. I had him gone at the end of the year.

2. JUH is getting fitter and bigger. Now he is able to play the CHF role and not fade as the game wares on

3. What I don’t know is why have our starts to games become so poor? It use to be a strength. It’s cost us 3 games at least this year.

It's one of Bevo's whacky tactics!

SquirrelGrip
25-06-2022, 10:44 AM
1. Modern football jumpers tear easily.

2. Rhylee West is the 2022 Clay Smith (with an added touch of Libba).

3. We had four talls forward at times in the last quarter. O’Brien could be our Billy Duckworth come finals.
Worth keeping as an option.

whythelongface
25-06-2022, 12:47 PM
1. Sweet is growing on me. Doesn’t a great deal around the ground but is a good tap ruckman. Again the question is can we play English and Sweet together?

2. Leading on from 1. our tall options are an interesting conundrum. With JUH and Schache starting to play decent footy what happens to the team if they keep this form up? Where does Bruce fit in if once he is match fit? English/ Sweet/ Schache ruck options? Can Schache play in defence again if we are struggling down back? What about English can he play in defence (I say no but is this an option)? We can’t play all these options but in a way a good problem to have - our defence is definitely one good KPP from being good.

3. Scott continues to get better and better. The fact he can play multiple positions is a big tick for him being best 22.

Grantysghost
25-06-2022, 12:52 PM
Re pt 3. (Scott) so true.

Thank God we snared him before the Injectors.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 01:19 PM
1. Afl goal assists for this year. West equal 2nd, Bont 4th, McComb & Smith 7th along side 11 other players. McComb doing a good job.

2. McNeil needs a run in the VFL next week.

3. Naughty's kicking for goal has improved this year.

Twodogs
25-06-2022, 01:48 PM
1. Modern football jumpers tear easily.

2. Rhylee West is the 2022 Clay Smith (with an added touch of Libba).

3. We had four talls forward at times in the last quarter. O’Brien could be our Billy Duckworth come finals.
Worth keeping as an option.

All great points

Happy Days
25-06-2022, 02:37 PM
No offence to Clay and his otherworldy 2016 but I thimk Rhylee can aim a little higher up the shelf.

To be clear this is a compliment.

Nuggety Back Pocket
25-06-2022, 04:15 PM
1. Sweet’s ruck work enabled the likes of Liberatore and Macrae to dominate the centre clearances
2. A far better selected attack with West Schache and Ugle- Hagen providing greater balance.
3. You have to seriously question the selection of Weightman who clearly hadn’t recovered from injury

Bullies
25-06-2022, 07:40 PM
Who are you replacing these two with? Happy for either Hunter/Garcia for McComb. Not fussed on that as any would be an upgrade. Would like to see Cleary get a chance of half back. He shows a bit of composure for someone with little experience which is something Crozier no longer has.

jeemak
26-06-2022, 01:47 AM
No offence to Clay and his otherworldy 2016 but I thimk Rhylee can aim a little higher up the shelf.

To be clear this is a compliment.

If Clay managed to not do three knees and get some continuity he'd still be playing and would be something other than what we've seen for us outside of Libba in terms of scrap, actual good ball use and goal kicking ability.

And while I get it is a compliment, Clay would have been Ollie Wines good around the ball but with the offencive ability to rip teams apart because of his nous forward of centre.

His awkwardness in field kicking aside, he was a solid finisher and a complete *!*!*!*!ing mongrel. What he did for us in 2016 was amazing given how hard he had it leading into that year.

jeemak
26-06-2022, 01:51 AM
And as that relates to West, I've always been a believer.

Where he is better than Clay is how he can use the ball both sides and also compete in the air. His kicking was something I called out as underrated from his draft year, but I didn't see his overhead marking skills coming.

macca
26-06-2022, 02:05 AM

Josh needs to watch all the incredible Hulk movies and scenes from the Avengers.

Lewis took tome telling Marks by using his 207 cm physique and just force his presence in the contest. 4 goals

Schache could be anything with his 201 cm frame and 94 kg weight ... he just has to absorb Hulk's aggression for 90 mins for the game. BRING IT ON!

jeemak
26-06-2022, 02:10 AM
Josh needs to watch all the incredible Hulk movies and scenes from the Avengers.

Lewis took tome telling Marks by using his 207 cm physique and just force his presence in the contest. 4 goals

Schache could be anything with his 201 cm frame and 94 kg weight ... he just has to absorb Hulk's aggression for 90 mins for the game. BRING IT ON!

I was about to post the best thing for Josh would be to watch some pretend stuff instead of working hard at training, thanks for getting in first.

ratsmac
26-06-2022, 12:04 PM
1. Libba is playing career best football which can't be overstated enough considering his injury history

2. JUH's 'breakout' game is just around the corner

3. Watching West tear games apart warms the cockles of my heart seeing that his old is up there with one of my all time favs. With the right coaching he could be a 200 game player

soupman
26-06-2022, 12:14 PM
I was as harsh on West on here as anyone but his 6 games have completely turned me around.

He's playing the Vandermeer role except he's actually impacting games, getting the ball, having hurt factor with the ball and not doing his hammies. He even appears to be getting slightly more midfield time. Some of the major reasons I was down on him were because he was selfish, made low percentage plays and turned it over easily with ball in hand. Virtually none of these have been evident in his playing of late, and the positive impact he has made has been super impressive.

Still think he has a toddlers body and unsure if he will be able to transition into a proper midfield role, but is far and away the best performing of all the small forward/mid types we have tried for years and it baffles me how he has been behind all these other guys for this role.

He's gone from a player i do not rate at all to someone who I get excited for when he approaches the contest, quite the turnaround, or maybe I'm just fickle.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 12:16 PM
I was about to post the best thing for Josh would be to watch some pretend stuff instead of working hard at training, thanks for getting in first.

Josh's father who played with the Brisbane Bears wasn't considered to be tough enough for coach Robert Walls. Story is that to toughen him up Walls had player after player box Laurence with the intention of making him tougher. It was cruel to see according to some witnesses. It wasn't known at the time but Laurence had a heart condition and unfortunately died at 35 years old. Sad story. Later in life Walls attempted to down play the incident.

jeemak
26-06-2022, 12:29 PM
Josh's father who played with the Brisbane Bears wasn't considered to be tough enough for coach Robert Walls. Story is that to toughen him up Walls had player after player box Laurence with the intention of making him tougher. It was cruel to see according to some witnesses. It wasn't known at the time but Laurence had a heart condition and unfortunately died at 35 years old. Sad story. Later in life Walls attempted to down play the incident.

I didn't know his dad copped that treatment from Walls et al at Brisbane. I did know it happened to Shane Strempel.

Walls is a dick.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 12:39 PM
I didn't know his dad copped that treatment from Walls et al at Brisbane. I did know it happened to Shane Strempel.

Walls is a dick.

I always thought it was Schache but I think you are right Jee. I remember Strempel getting that treatment. Should have done by research before I posted.

Happy Days
26-06-2022, 12:43 PM
Still think he has a toddlers body and unsure if he will be able to transition into a proper midfield role, but is far and away the best performing of all the small forward/mid types we have tried for years and it baffles me how he has been behind all these other guys for this role.

Okay that's pretty funny.

He can be our Toby Greene - he's phenomenal overhead for a guy with little baby t-rex arms and is phenomenal one on one for anybody (check the way he murked Harry Himmelberg against GWS). Plus he is dangerous as all hell around goals and seems like he would be willing to kick someone in their damn mouth if it came down to it.

I've always known he had something but I'd be lying if I said I saw this level of potential in him before.

jeemak
26-06-2022, 07:35 PM
If he has the tank I don't really care what shape West's body is. He's skilled, hard, can tackle, and has great hands, so in my view he can play midfield when the time is right.

Twodogs
26-06-2022, 07:44 PM
If he has the tank I don't really care what shape West's body is. He's skilled, hard, can tackle, and has great hands, so in my view he can play midfield when the time is right.

Steve Wallis wasn't exactly muscle-bound but he was one of the hardest bastards I ever saw.

merantau
27-06-2022, 06:45 AM
West looks to be very strong to me. Doug Hawkins was very hard to out position/move off the ball and West has that too.

2. Schache had a good game.

3. My doubts about Scott are evaporating. He is versatile and pulling his weight.

Mantis
27-06-2022, 10:38 AM
1/ West is surprising me... manic when the ball is in his area and strong overhead. Happy that he's taking his chances.

2/ Our forward-line looks dangerous when Naughts has support that isn't Zaine Cordy... who would've thought.

3/ I don't have confidence in any of our defenders that they can halve or win a 1:1 contest... they're a concern.

Nuggety Back Pocket
27-06-2022, 03:37 PM

Josh later moved to Seymour with his Mother hence the WB connection. He works out at a local gym in Seymour run by one of our Club’s major donors. Still young enough to be a very effective key forward with good skills but has lacked confidence in the past.