PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 15, 2022 vs Hawthorn

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-06-2022, 10:05 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 15 match against Hawthorn Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Mutz
24-06-2022, 11:01 PM
Q2, 13:37 to go: Hawks get their 5th goal and it’s an arm-wrestle for 10 mins. Libba strips the ball from Mitchell on the wing then kicks into f50 to Naughton who marks and gets our 2nd goal. From then on the mids lift and help out defenders, Westie fires up and most importantly the forwards chase hard to keep the ball in our forward line. Game over.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-06-2022, 11:31 PM
I'll go JJ's long range run down when Hawthorn looked set to move the ball quickly through the middle for another dangerous forward entry in the 2nd qtr I think?
Everyone seemed to lift a gear after that.

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 11:33 PM
I'll go JJ's long range run down when Hawthorn looked set to move the ball quickly through the middle for another dangerous forward entry in the 2nd qtr I think?

That one is mine as well. JJ still has a bit to offer us.

azabob
24-06-2022, 11:41 PM
That one is mine as well. JJ still has a bit to offer us.

I was really impressed with his game tonight.

He kicked two very important goals that took skill.

GVGjr
24-06-2022, 11:50 PM
I've got to watch this game again but I think I can find a Schache moment.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-06-2022, 11:52 PM

I really liked the appetite he showed in quite a few contests tonight.

hujsh
24-06-2022, 11:57 PM
For me it was Thursday. What did we do Thursday. It's simple. We picked Jordan Sweet. 88% of the time we do that, we win every time.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-06-2022, 12:01 AM
Libba taking control.
Grabbing the ball with purpose swinging left and delivering.
His negotiation of inner conflict is a marvel.

Grantysghost
25-06-2022, 12:03 AM
When Libba bee lined the ball and sat Jianth on his arse.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-06-2022, 12:09 AM
Now is the moment.
We now must be a destination club for a great recruit of your preference.

Testekill
25-06-2022, 12:30 AM
When West put us in front, that was officially the point where Sicily spent more time melting down and playing the man instead of the ball.

Happy Days
25-06-2022, 12:44 AM
When Libba sat Jiath on his arse to win a contested ball in the second quarter.

bornadog
25-06-2022, 12:55 AM
For me it was Thursday. What did we do Thursday. It's simple. We picked Jordan Sweet. 88% of the time we do that, we win every time.
No choice

Bulldog Joe
25-06-2022, 06:06 AM

This was absolutely it.

JJ made an enormous effort to get to and stay with Jiath before he was even in position to receive the ball.

SonofScray
25-06-2022, 08:40 AM
JJ was good when we were not. That’s a promising sign.

His goal felt really good. For me it was the highlight of the game. About 10 minutes out from quarter time we seemed to stem the bleeding that was occurring during our crap start, I don’t think there was a definitive moment per se, but something shifted there.

Alternatively, James So-silly doing his thing was a real moment for us. Thought he’d cleaned up his act a bit, but obviously not.

comrade
25-06-2022, 10:50 AM
Alternatively, James So-silly doing his thing was a real moment for us. Thought he’d cleaned up his act a bit, but obviously not.

It’s the Libba factor. Has there been another player that is so effective at causing opposition players to lose their minds? He not only drives them mad, he cuts them up with ball in hand. I wish he could play forever or was 23 again. Gonna be devastating when he’s done.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 10:58 AM

In the big blue Schache was on the bottom of the pack doing his bit. Impressive.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 11:01 AM
JJ was good when we were not. That’s a promising sign.

His goal felt really good. For me it was the highlight of the game. About 10 minutes out from quarter time we seemed to stem the bleeding that was occurring during our crap start, I don’t think there was a definitive moment per se, but something shifted there.

Noticed after the blue Sicily on the bench laughing with Mitchell. Could it have been a directive from the coach? Wouldn't doubt it Mitchell wasn't the cleanest of players. Used to lead with his knee. Copped a few players doing that.

azabob
25-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Remember when Sicily cost hawks a game at the G a few years back when he gave a double goal to Schache? We came from the clouds in the fourth quarter.

angelopetraglia
25-06-2022, 11:16 AM
Remember when Sicily cost hawks a game at the G a few years back when he gave a double goal to Schache? We came from the clouds in the fourth quarter.

Difficult to like. Loves playing the villain. Wonder if he will ever grow up?

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 11:26 AM
The moment for me was when Bont laid Sicily on his arse. Beautiful to watch.

jazzadogs
25-06-2022, 12:03 PM
Going from Hawks 5.4 - Dogs 1.4 to Dogs 14.10 - Hawks 5.11.

2 quarters where we kicked 13.6 to their 7 behinds. Dominant.

jeemak
25-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Noticed after the blue Sicily on the bench laughing with Mitchell. Could it have been a directive from the coach? Wouldn't doubt it Mitchell wasn't the cleanest of players. Used to lead with his knee. Copped a few players doing that.

Mitchell said in his presser afterwards something along the lines of "at least he did something, it's better than doing nothing" when talking about Sicily.

So I think the whole start a blue mindset is definitely in play.

Mofra
25-06-2022, 12:11 PM
Mitchell said in his presser afterwards something along the lines of "at least he did something, it's better than doing nothing" when talking about Sicily.

So I think the whole start a blue mindset is definitely in play.
We'd be lauding one of our boys if we did in the exact same circumstances. They had to do something.

IIRC Hawks had the next shot on goal so... it worked.

Grantysghost
25-06-2022, 12:11 PM
Difficult to like. Loves playing the villain. Wonder if he will ever grow up?

I'm kind of opposite view, maybe I have a soft spot for him considering where he's from but he shows passion and can certainly play.
I'd be ok with him at the dogs. Guys who fly the flag when the chips are down are ok by me. Just need to know the line.
He's captain at a very good club for a reason in McEvoy's absence.

angelopetraglia
25-06-2022, 12:27 PM
I'm kind of opposite view, maybe I have a soft spot for him considering where he's from but he shows passion and can certainly play.
I'd be ok with him at the dogs. Guys who fly the flag when the chips are down are ok by me. Just need to know the line.
He's captain at a very good club for a reason in McEvoy's absence.

Don't disagree with the sentiment. He is tough. He is a good player. He gets under the opposition skin. However, starting skimishes when you are nearly 10 goals down doesn't appear to have much upside. He would be an even better player IMHO if he could contain the extremes of his temper.

Happy Days
25-06-2022, 12:27 PM
I don’t think Sicily is so much playing the heel as much as he’s throwing his toys out of the cot when his team is getting belted. Funny how he never really tries anything in the first quarter or on the very rare occasion that his team is winning.

Shit is embarrassing to be honest.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Don't disagree with the sentiment. He is tough. He is a good player. He gets under the opposition skin. However, starting skimishes when you are nearly 10 goals down doesn't appear to have much upside. He would be an even better player IMHO if he could contain the extremes of his temper.

He is a ginger head.:)

bornadog
25-06-2022, 12:36 PM

Also in the blue, Sweet came running over, grabbed him and threw him on the ground

Grantysghost
25-06-2022, 12:37 PM
I don’t think Sicily is so much playing the heel as much as he’s throwing his toys out of the cot when his team is getting belted. Funny how he never really tries anything in the first quarter or on the very rare occasion that his team is winning.

Shit is embarrassing to be honest.

Have to admit the headband removal was funny though!

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 01:21 PM
Also in the blue, Sweet came running over, grabbed him and threw him on the ground

Libba is always first on the scene. Loves a scrap.

jazzadogs
25-06-2022, 01:25 PM

I thought it was juvenile behaviour for a 27 year old club captain.

jeemak
25-06-2022, 01:39 PM

I thought it was juvenile behaviour for a 27 year old club captain.

Yeah, typical of someone not respecting the line. The one where it's not OK to chin a smart arse but should be if they cross it.

And I think it sums up his personality perfectly. Couldn't do something inspirational as a defender so had to go the hit and cheap route, which eventually saw him put on his backside when he came up against someone harder in the Bont.

When he had his chance to actually show strength he failed miserably and was told all about it like he should have been.

bornadog
25-06-2022, 01:56 PM

https://twitter.com/i/status/1540300201897762816

GVGjr
25-06-2022, 02:00 PM
Libba is always first on the scene. Loves a scrap.

He really distracts the opposition with pushes, shoves and some witty comments let alone how he can quickly flip the switch and get his head back into the game. Did anyone notice he's one of the quickest runners when it's his turn to spend some time on the bench.
His focus and form has been outstanding in recent weeks.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 02:03 PM

beautiful.;)

Happy Days
25-06-2022, 02:31 PM

Not quite a full Firrito but as close as we’ve seen since.

bornadog
25-06-2022, 02:48 PM
Not quite a full Firrito but as close as we’ve seen since.

love the way Sicily comes charging in, fully expecting to deck Bont

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-06-2022, 04:21 PM
He really distracts the opposition with pushes, shoves and some witty comments let alone how he can quickly flip the switch and get his head back into the game. Did anyone notice he's one of the quickest runners when it's his turn to spend some time on the bench.
His focus and form has been outstanding in recent weeks.

I've been really surprised by Libba's movement this year. He hasn't covered the ground as quickly for a long time. I mean he's no Usain Bolt, but he has been both getting separation from packs with ball, and closing space regularly when chasing.
He just seems really to be very comfortable and enjoying his football...definitely 'motovated' ;)

jeemak
25-06-2022, 04:51 PM
I think he tested super quick at the camp, and also won the kicking accuracy test. It's just that his hands became so amazing early in his career and he kicked it less in his role that the footy world didn't get to see these things as much as we could have.