PDA

View Full Version : Our next 5

chef
26-06-2022, 01:21 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/bN1JKW2F/Screenshot-20220626-121505-Facebook.jpg (https://postimg.cc/JG4MXTxb)

chef
26-06-2022, 01:23 PM
I guess this is where it all gets serious and we find out where we really are. How many do we need to win to make the 8?

GVGjr
26-06-2022, 01:23 PM
Tough road, 3 wins would be a good achievement but we probably need 4.

Bulldog Joe
26-06-2022, 01:26 PM
I only want 5 wins from those, but realistically 3 keeps our chances alive.

Happy Days
26-06-2022, 01:51 PM
Brisbane are gettable. They can't defend anyone which bodes well for us now that we score 21 goals a game.

Saints are dogshit and have maybe given up?

If we can get two of the other three then we are looking pretty, pretty good.

GVGjr
26-06-2022, 01:54 PM
Brisbane are gettable. They can't defend anyone which bodes well for us now that we score 21 goals a game.

We can also beat Sydney even with it being up there. Melbourne and Geelong are bigger challenges but if we play them with 4 consecutive wins behind us it opens the door.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 02:03 PM

Thank you Larry.

bornadog
26-06-2022, 02:04 PM
Thank you Larry.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/d3/4f/b4d34f759a2eda4988eab6c8a545705c.jpg

DOG GOD
26-06-2022, 02:08 PM
Saints is the only game we will start favourites. It’s an absolutely horror run.

I’m interested to see how that backline of ours holds up against…

Daniher
Franklin
King
Fritsch
Hawkins/Cameron

Go_Dogs
26-06-2022, 03:05 PM
If we can knock off the Swans and Saints that leaves us in the mix. Stealing another one really puts us in the box seat for a top 8 spot.

Swans have a few challenging games.
Carlton have a few tough ones.
Pies have a reasonable run, but not as optimistic on their chances.
Saints are cooked.
Tigers probably end up 5th.
Freo should finish top 4 but could drop their bundle. Hard to know.

I did a ladder predictor this AM and has us 8th.

Bullies
26-06-2022, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately we have put ourselves in this position and continue to struggle to put our best side on the track. Shame as we could give it a shake no matter where we finish in the 8 if we make it. We would have a number of players back - Hunter/Bruce/Maclean/Garcia/Hannan all back from injury with games under their belt.

MrMahatma
26-06-2022, 04:31 PM
Win em all. Top 4 please.

Bulldog Joe
26-06-2022, 04:33 PM
If we can knock off the Swans and Saints that leaves us in the mix. Stealing another one really puts us in the box seat for a top 8 spot.

Swans have a few challenging games.
Carlton have a few tough ones.
Pies have a reasonable run, but not as optimistic on their chances.
Saints are cooked.
Tigers probably end up 5th.
Freo should finish top 4 but could drop their bundle. Hard to know.

I did a ladder predictor this AM and has us 8th.

You obviously don't have us winning enough games.

My predictor shows us top 4 every time I default to us winning the next 8

bornadog
26-06-2022, 04:49 PM
Win em all. Top 4 please.

This is what we must aim for

DOG GOD
26-06-2022, 05:37 PM
Ive got that crows game costing us badly…finishing 9th, a game behind 8th and a better %

GVGjr
26-06-2022, 06:12 PM
Ive got that crows game costing us badly…finishing 9th, a game behind 8th and a better %

Yep, that one could haunt us.

whythelongface
26-06-2022, 07:00 PM
It may be a horror run but it is (mostly bar injuries) in our hands. Simple equation the more games we win the more chance we have of making the 8 and possibly top 4. It is a very congested table thus we keep winning and the cards will fall our way. Hopefully this year we can build momentum into the finals and carry this through to the big dance.

With players coming back and some others starting to show their wares we are primed to go deep into September

The Doctor
27-06-2022, 10:00 AM
Richmond have a very easy run home and so does Collingwood. Both should win most of their remaining games.

We just have to keep winning and if we can then top 6 is a chance.

Mantis
27-06-2022, 10:33 AM
I'd be much more confident if our backline was at full strength and pretty much didn't suck... we aren't defending well and unless that changes quickly I can't see us beating the other challengers.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2022, 12:14 PM
I'd be much more confident if our backline was at full strength and pretty much didn't suck... we aren't defending well and unless that changes quickly I can't see us beating the other challengers.

Agreed.

Our mids will always give us a chance, even if they have bad lapses. Our forwards have been working reasonably well together for a while.

But that back half is diabolical. I've been saying it for years but we have a bunch of defenders who cannot defend and against the top 4-5, you'll lose a lot more than you win.

I think we are a chance vs Sydney but long odds in the rest.

DOG GOD
27-06-2022, 05:50 PM
Agreed.

Our mids will always give us a chance, even if they have bad lapses. Our forwards have been working reasonably well together for a while.

But that back half is diabolical. I've been saying it for years but we have a bunch of defenders who cannot defend and against the top 4-5, you'll lose a lot more than you win.

I think we are a chance vs Sydney but long odds in the rest.

Agree with both yourself and Mantis. If our backline doesn’t hold up, we are no chance.
I don’t think we will be favourites against Sydney in Sydney.

I also want to see Billing’s dropped for our game against the saints. He hasn’t played his 1 great game of the year yet.

When I look at the FWD lines of those teams we are playing in the next 5, I start to twitch…I feel sick.

azabob
27-06-2022, 06:05 PM
With our backline woes do we tweak the game plan to go full on attack mode to try and make the finals and then live and die by the attacking sword?

Or continue as is as miss the miss finals?

MrMahatma
27-06-2022, 06:55 PM
With our backline woes do we tweak the game plan to go full on attack mode to try and make the finals and then live and die by the attacking sword?

Or continue as is and make the finals?

Grantysghost
27-06-2022, 06:58 PM
That Crows game is going to be the killer.

We have to cause an upset to level it.

jeemak
27-06-2022, 09:03 PM

I think we actually go the other way and tighten up the team defence, which hasn't been where it's needed to be the last couple of weeks.

Decent teams won't let us play like we have offencively the past couple and will score against us if we try.

azabob
27-06-2022, 09:07 PM
I think we actually go the other way and tighten up the team defence, which hasn't been where it's needed to be the last couple of weeks.

Decent teams won't let us play like we have offencively the past couple and will score against us if we try.

I’m not sure we have the desire to tighten our team defence otherwise we would’ve already.

jeemak
27-06-2022, 09:15 PM
I’m not sure we have the desire to tighten our team defence otherwise we would’ve already.

It was pretty tight against the Pies. The WCE game was a bit different. The last three wins outside of those have been more free flowing so perhaps we're trying to pull out some scoring in the hope of generating cohesion. Bevo has talked about tightening up the team defence after our most recent wins so I think it'll be a lever we will pull.

We're in pretty good form, here's the last ten for the top eight:

Team Wins Losses Points
Demons 7 3 28
Cats 7 3 28
Lions 7 3 28
Dockers 7 3 28
Blues 7 3 28
Pies 7 3 28
Dogs 7 3 28
Swans 6 4 24

We need one or two of the sides above us to have a bad run like we did at the start of the season (for whatever reason), and that can easily happen (like it did to us last season - yay!).

Let's see if the form continues.

HOSE B ROMERO
28-06-2022, 07:55 PM
Hmm Gold Coast could be a wild card. They have the tigers and pies at home in the next 2 weeks. And potential percentage boosters in North, Eagles, Hawks and the Bombers.

Pies, Tigers and Swans have easier draws than us. Unfortunately we don't play the pies or tiges again.

If we pull this off it will be another piece of Bevo magic.

G-Mo77
28-06-2022, 08:04 PM
It's in our hands, if we're good enough we'll make it. I personally don't think we are but I've been wrong before, plenty of times.

ratsmac
28-06-2022, 10:10 PM
If we make the finals these are the teams we will be up against so we couldn't ask for a better dress rehearsal.

Our finals pretty much starts this week.

GVGjr
29-06-2022, 08:38 AM
The HUN has worked through all the likely scenario's and have us finishing 10th. Lets see if we can prove them wrong.

8. WESTERN BULLDOGS (8-6, 120.9%)
TAB ODDS: Premier $21, Top 8 $2.20, Top 4 $12

R16: Brisbane (Gabba) L

R17: Sydney (SCG) L

R18: St Kilda (Marvel) W

R19: Melbourne (Marvel) L

R20: Geelong (GMHBA) L

R21: Fremantle (Marvel) L

R22: GWS (Marvel) W

R23: Hawthorn (UTAS) W

Predicted finish: 10th

Last year’s grand finalists have put themselves back in the finals hunt, winning five of their past six matches including a 42-point triumph over Hawthorn last Friday night. But the real challenges start now. The Bulldogs have a 2-3 record against fellow current top-eight sides this year and face five top-eight teams in the next six weeks, plus a St Kilda side which is fighting to return to the top-eight after a mid-season form slump. It’s hard to see them winning five of their last eight games to make the finals cut given the quality opposition they face.

DOG GOD
29-06-2022, 12:26 PM
The HUN has worked through all the likely scenario's and have us finishing 10th. Lets see if we can prove them wrong.

Last year’s grand finalists have put themselves back in the finals hunt, winning five of their past six matches including a 42-point triumph over Hawthorn last Friday night. But the real challenges start now. The Bulldogs have a 2-3 record against fellow current top-eight sides this year and face five top-eight teams in the next six weeks, plus a St Kilda side which is fighting to return to the top-eight after a mid-season form slump. It’s hard to see them winning five of their last eight games to make the finals cut given the quality opposition they face.

And probably about right.

Axe Man
29-06-2022, 12:38 PM

It's fairly straightforward. We must win the 3 games we are meant to and turn at least 2 of those Ls into Ws. Thankfully our percentage is fairly healthy.

A win tomorrow night will put us ahead of the game somewhat.

azabob
29-06-2022, 12:42 PM
It's fairly straightforward. We must win the 3 games we are meant to and turn at least 2 of those Ls into Ws. Thankfully our percentage is fairly healthy.

A win tomorrow night will put us ahead of the game somewhat.

I see the Sydney game and Dockers game our best opportunities to turn the L into W.

The captain obvious statement is it would be bloody sweet to beat the cats at kardina park..

Happy Days
29-06-2022, 01:09 PM
I had us losing to Brisbane, Dees and Cats and coming 8th. Winning this week could be massive and for the first time all season might take a (very very tiny) little bit of pressure off. Which all things considered might be a bad thing?

Honestly who knows with this group.