PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 16, 2022 vs Brisbane

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-06-2022, 06:18 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 16 match against Brisbane. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Mutz
30-06-2022, 11:24 PM
Hipwood pushing Gardiner (?) into the umpire and then marking and kicking a goal. Even that didn’t stop the favours flowing their way from the men in green.

Bulldog4life
30-06-2022, 11:38 PM
Hipwood pushing Gardiner (?) into the umpire and then marking and kicking a goal. Even that didn’t stop the favours flowing their way from the men in green.

The MRO should at least look at that.

bornadog
30-06-2022, 11:42 PM
The free kicks in the third quarter that lead to 3 consecutive goals

Eastdog
30-06-2022, 11:55 PM

They certainly got looked after in that 2nd quarter. Was I think 12-4 frees at one stage in the Lions favour.

AshMac
01-07-2022, 08:39 AM

This. All day. Hate complaining about umpiring but during that period it had an impact.

Grantysghost
01-07-2022, 08:45 AM
When Libba snapped that goal I thought we've got this.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-07-2022, 10:40 AM
Schache's seemingly strolling into an open goal in the 2nd only to spray it. I don't understand why he didn't take some more steps towards goal and really steady.

Alternatively there was an 11 point turn around moment where Naughton had a shot from 40 out on a slight angle and he whiffed it for a behind. Brisbane moved the ball like a hot knife through butter all the way down the other end for a goal.

Bulldog4life
01-07-2022, 10:54 AM
Schache's seemingly strolling into an open goal in the 2nd only to spray it. I don't understand why he didn't take some more steps towards goal and really steady.

Alternatively there was an 11 point turn around moment where Naughton had a shot from 40 out on a slight angle and he whiffed it for a behind. Brisbane moved the ball like a hot knife through butter all the way down the other end for a goal.

Surely a team mate should have given him the go ahead to keep going.

Boots
01-07-2022, 11:05 AM

It's got to a point this season that when we turn it over in our own forward 50, I immediately think "oh that's a goal to them" and I'm wrong far less often than I want to be. We seemingly have no answer whatsoever to opponents' chains of possession.

merantau
01-07-2022, 11:52 AM
Moment? Moments? Multiple moments? A catalogue of moments? A succession of stressful, painful moments that will haunt onlookers if they don't immediately press the delete button and move on.

I foolishly thought last night that it might be insructive to look at the replay and catalogue every missed set shot, every missed snap and tackle, every poor kick inside fifty, every missed free, every kick to the opposition and so on ad nauseum.

But I'm not a masochist and it would be a total waste of time anyway. What's done is done. Move on to next week. We have a game to win.

But if you want one moment, Naughton's miss at the beginning of the 3rdwas when I saw the Angel of Death appear outside the loungeroom window.

Bring on the Swans. Let's get the show rolling again. JJ to star on a ground he loves to play on.

SonofScray
01-07-2022, 12:10 PM
Naughty’s first miss of the 3rd term opened us up to a knock out blow. I think we went 0-2 on shits in the next 5 minutes and they went 2 from three. Then the free kicks swung wildly too.

josie
02-07-2022, 12:04 AM
Naughty’s first miss of the 3rd term opened us up to a knock out blow. I think we went 0-2 on shits in the next 5 minutes and they went 2 from three. Then the free kicks swung wildly too.

I too cracked the shits last night, especially after the first quarter, whenever Williams, Macrae (early on, he did improve later), McComb and Crozier turned the ball over.