PDA

View Full Version : Top eight, double chance, who misses? We predict the ladder

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 08:58 AM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/806938/top-eight-double-chance-who-misses-we-predict-the-ladder

MELBOURNE'S difficult run home will see the premier miss the top four, according to our reporters, who predict a Grand Final rematch in the opening week of the finals.

The Demons started the season with 10 straight wins, but have slipped to 13-5 with four rounds remaining.

Melbourne faces top-eight sides Fremantle, Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane in its final four games and AFL.com.au's reporters collectively predict the Dees will miss the top four.

There is hope for the Dees, with Cal Twomey, Michael Whiting and Sarah Black predicting them to finish in the top four at the end of the home and away season.

A fifth-place finish would set up a mouth-watering elimination final between the Demons and Western Bulldogs, who played out a thriller in round 19.

The Dogs' surprise win over Melbourne at Marvel Stadium was a huge boost to their finals chances, and our reporters have Luke Beveridge's team finishing eighth.

Richmond's draw with Fremantle in round 19 proved costly as the Tigers missed the eight.

High-flying Geelong was a unanimous minor premier and the Cats could face the Dockers in a qualifying final. Fremantle is one of four teams to beat Chris Scott's side this year, and that win came at GMHBA Stadium.

Should the remainder of the home and away season pan out as predicted by our reporters, arch rivals Carlton and Collingwood would meet not only in round 23, but in an elimination final.

Brisbane, which faces Richmond, Carlton, St Kilda and Melbourne to finish the home and away season, would host Sydney in a qualifying final.

Our reporters' predicted final ladder

1. Geelong
2. Brisbane
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Melbourne
6. Carlton
7. Collingwood
8. Western Bulldogs

9. Richmond
10. Port Adelaide
11. St Kilda
12. Gold Coast
13. Hawthorn
14. Essendon
15. Adelaide
16. Greater Western Sydney
17. West Coast
18. North Melbourne

MrMahatma
26-07-2022, 09:10 AM
Well, I bet their reporters tipped 4 or 5 right last week so I’m not sure why their ladder predictor is any better than mine.

And I have us winning the flag!

1eyedog
26-07-2022, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't mind getting hold of the Pies or Blues in week 1.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 10:30 AM
Wouldn't mind getting hold of the Pies or Blues in week 1.

I've got no qualms we would beat either of those 2 sides in a final. But prefer playing Collingwood.

comrade
26-07-2022, 10:37 AM
I've got no qualms we would beat either of those 2 sides in a final. But prefer playing Collingwood.

Yeah, we’d squash Collingwood. Carlton’s big forwards would worry me.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 10:39 AM
Yeah, we’d squash Collingwood. Carlton’s big forwards would worry me.

I've always been positive but you're right.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-07-2022, 10:58 AM
Collingwood are sitting ducks first week of the finals.

Axe Man
26-07-2022, 11:07 AM

Big 2006 vibes. Richmond finished 9th that year too.

Happy Days
26-07-2022, 11:09 AM

Because they’re everyone’s second team right? Those loveable sex pest racist scamps?

Mantis
26-07-2022, 11:48 AM
Big 2006 vibes. Richmond finished 9th that year too.

So after a big win we head to Perth and get beaten by 12 goals??

Does that mean I need to try and merge my mobile phone with a brick wall and watch it explode like I did back then?

Bulldog Joe
26-07-2022, 12:04 PM

Does that mean I need to try and merge my mobile phone with a brick wall and watch it explode like I did back then?

Don't be concerned Mantis.

There may be similarities, but there is no 2006 version of West Coast around.

If we take care of business, everyone need to be concerned about us.

Axe Man
26-07-2022, 12:48 PM

You obviously weren't running a Nokia 3310, would have bounced off said wall like nothing happened.

Mantis
26-07-2022, 01:31 PM
You obviously weren't running a Nokia 3310, would have bounced off said wall like nothing happened.

I think it was a Nokia 8210. I managed to put it back together minus a few busted up pieces and it was still functional... but I think I put it through the washing machine a few weeks later just to finish it off.

hujsh
26-07-2022, 01:32 PM

Wall might be worse for wear

merantau
31-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Port Adelaide can still make the finals. Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda still vulnerable. We win the last three and we're in. We simply must do it. Forget about the Flag. We can't match it with Geelong if we come up against them in September.

But what if we avoid them? It's not over yet. Big win next week coming up is the first down payment on our resurgence. Watch out rivals. The Bulldogs Momentum Express is about to leave West Footscray Station.

"This service will terminate at the MCG on the last Saturday in September."

Bulldog4life
31-07-2022, 10:46 AM
Port Adelaide can still make the finals. Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda still vulnerable. We win the last three and we're in. We simply must do it. Forget about the Flag. We can't match it with Geelong if we come up against them in September.

But what if we avoid them? It's not over yet. Big win next week coming up is the first down payment on our resurgence. Watch out rivals. The Bulldogs Momentum Express is about to leave West Footscray Station.

"This service will terminate at the MCG on the last Saturday in September."

But they won't play us at their Toy ground.

merantau
31-07-2022, 01:00 PM
But they won't play us at their Toy ground.
Thanks for pointing that out. When you have your dreams of beating Geelong on their dungheap shattered in 30 minutes you tend to get hit with PMDS (Post Match Disappointment Syndrome) the major symptom is clouded judgement which lasts until someone, such as your good self, comes along with the antidote - a reminder that the Finals are a whole different ball game for everyone.

And we have just come off a slashing win against Melbourne which is solid proof that we can beat any team

Bulldog4life
31-07-2022, 01:28 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. When you have your dreams of beating Geelong on their dungheap shattered in 30 minutes you tend to get hit with PMDS (Post Match Disappointment Syndrome) the major symptom is clouded judgement which lasts until someone, such as your good self, comes along with the antidote - a reminder that the Finals are a whole different ball game for everyone.

And we have just come off a slashing win against Melbourne which is solid proof that we can beat any team

Plus we have proven you don't have to be in the top 4 to do some damage. Up up and away.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-07-2022, 05:35 PM
Lions putting Tigers out of their season's misery and out of Bulldogs way. Just St Kilda left to rival spot 8!

merantau
31-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Lions putting Tigers out of their season's misery and out of Bulldogs way. Just St Kilda left to rival spot 8!

Disastrous result for us

azabob
31-07-2022, 07:18 PM

Oh BID54

Grantysghost
31-07-2022, 07:20 PM
I've done the predictor.

It's going to come down to winning that Hawks game in Tas! Us or Aints.

We lose that we don't deserve to be in.

The Underdog
31-07-2022, 07:27 PM
I've done the predictor.

It's going to come down to winning that Hawks game in Tas! Us or Aints.

We lose that we don't deserve to be in.

I suspect that regardless of that result we don’t deserve to be in.

Mitcha
31-07-2022, 08:02 PM
I suspect that regardless of that result we don’t deserve to be in.
Surely you could say the same about Saints and Tigs. Why not us, finals experience for some of our younger players like Marra, West, Garcia etc would be invaluable.

G-Mo77
31-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Surely you could say the same about Saints and Tigs. Why not us, finals experience for some of our younger players like Marra, West, Garcia etc would be invaluable.

This is true, it would be great for them and on our day we are good enough so who knows.

However.......I don't think we're the team that can consistently win finals football 4 times in a row this time around. I think we're broken and we need a lot of changes to repair that damage, player personnel, coaching, doctors, boot studders, it all needs to be reviewed at seasons end. A miss on the finals will push that into the spotlight rather than a short finals campaign and paper over the cracks.

EasternWest
31-07-2022, 08:13 PM
This is true, it would be great for them and on our day we are good enough so who knows.

However.......I don't think we're the team that can consistently win finals football 4 times in a row this time around. I think we're broken and we need a lot of changes to repair that damage, player personnel, coaching, doctors, boot studders, it all needs to be reviewed at seasons end. A miss on the finals will push that into the spotlight rather than a short finals campaign and paper over the cracks.

I hope they don't review the unofficial official Bulldogs forum in that sweeping review.

Few McCombs kicking around here.

Grantysghost
31-07-2022, 08:21 PM
I hope they don't review the unofficial official Bulldogs forum in that sweeping review.

Few McCombs kicking around here.

Meta!